PDA

View Full Version : SportsCenter Injustice ha

iliketurtles24
11-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched the t-wolve laker game last night and klove had a great game against the last years champs. Ya they didnt play good, it was a sloppy game, but love had 23 points and 24 rebounds. During sportscenter, they showed how bad the lakers played, and didnt show one highlight of the wolves, like Ager's half court shot, brewers fast break dunk, or loves good game. Idk, And i know its football season still, but come on. your thoughts?

cambovenzi
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
The twolves are irrelevant and lost the game.
lakers struggling is bigger news.

iliketurtles24
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
you cant say, 23 and 24 is irrelevant, maybe the team isn't good, but you can still mention that performance, klove is underrated

stop40
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Watched the replay this morning. Saw the Half-court shot, saw a beasley dunk, etc.

Public Enemy #1
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Somehow this doesn't shock me, I know it sucks though. Sportscenter doesn't usually show highlights of both teams, especially when that team is playing the Lakers.

tbone2171
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
The twolves are irrelevant and lost the game.
lakers struggling is bigger news.

How can you be living in New York and be a Lakers fan?

cambovenzi
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Someone else said some highlights were shown.
I doubt they left the twolves out altogether in some clips.

Also are you familiar with the term "To the victor goes the spoils"?

How can you be living in New York and be a Lakers fan?

I like the lakers.
its not too hard.
stream games, and a bunch of them are on national TV.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM
The Lakers are the champs from a large market. The Wolves are nothing currently. That is how ESPN does it. Nothing new

CB29
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
i doubt espn even shows the raptors highlights so i wouldn't complain if i were you.

OneTuzSea
11-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Trying be a fan of hockey and watch ESPN. Then you can talk about injustice ;)

Hellcrooner
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Big surprise here.

Is not only bout big teams get more time than bad teams.

Its also bout players too.

They put a lot of images of stars but even if a "role player" has an amazing night and its the biggest factor in a win they wont show him on camera.
I rememer a grizzlies game last year where Conley and Mar Gasol were complete monsters lead te team to the win making a lot of points bth of them and yeat in the tv Rsume all that was shown was somw flashy rudy gay dunks and mayo shooting three pointsers even if thye had a bad night.

utahjazzno12fan
11-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Someone else said some highlights were shown.
I doubt they left the twolves out altogether in some clips.

Also are you familiar with the term "To the victor goes the spoils"?

I like the lakers.
its not too hard.
stream games, and a bunch of them are on national TV.

Well, after watching the Jazz - Heat game, I turned to ESPNews and all they really showed was the Heat... They did some Jazz plays, but mostly Heat.

Hunter48MVP
11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Watched the replay this morning. Saw the Half-court shot, saw a beasley dunk, etc.

me too. Didn't see any problem

omdigga
11-10-2010, 12:21 PM
sportscenter focuses on teams with bigger markets??? since when did this happen? :rolleyes:

Double_R
11-10-2010, 12:28 PM
This is not new, ESPN doesn't care about what is happening on the field/court, they want to be like TMZ.

Lo Porto
11-10-2010, 12:33 PM
ESPN is getting ridiculous. They cover Miami so much, yet when they blow a 22 point lead to Utah in what might be the best game all season, all they put is "LeBron's triple double comes in a loss as Utah outlasts Miami in OT".

If Miami would have come back like that, it would have taken up 4 straight lines in "The Lead" and we would have seen every stat for the big 3, what their stats were together on the court, etc., etc., etc.

Millsap scores 11 points in 30 seconds, yet he doesn't even make it into the "The Lead". ESPN is TMZ completely.

shep33
11-10-2010, 12:41 PM
K-Love beasted yes... what amazes me about the Lakers is that they can play absolutely horrendous and still win games. Yesterday... and the game vs the Raps... were absolutely atrocious for them. But then they start trying when the game gets competitive for a short spurt to get the W. Haha so complacent, very much like the Bulls were at times with Phil coaching them.

Infamous916
11-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Sportscenter is worthless

There could be an amazing basketball or football game with two smaller market teams & they would probly only show the last 5 seconds of the game. While they spend the next 29mins & 30 seconds on how LeBrons farts smell better than Kobes.................

arkanian215
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Trying be a fan of soccer and watch ESPN. Then you can talk about injustice ;)

fixed

prash
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
It`s just framing a story. Those clips are produced of course and every producer has their own perspective. Just like writers.

Personally I hate it. If I had that job of cutting the highlight reels I would show keys plays that both teams made during the game and let the viewer decided on how to interpret it. ESPN is terrible like that. Bill Simmons is the best thing they got going for them right now.