PDA

View Full Version : 2010 seahawk draft class rate them

rwj3584
11-09-2010, 03:51 AM
russell okung, earl thomas, golden tate, walter thurmond, kam chancellor, dexter davis. i believe this may go down as the best seahawk draft class ever!
okung dominated julius peppers in his only full game, i think if (this might be a big if because his teammates love to fall on his angles) he can stay heathly he has a HUGE upside and quite possibly a mulitple pro bowl appearances.

thomas is the ball hawk we've lacked for years upon years but he's young and only time well change that. i expect huge things from earl thomas for the next decade.

thurmond could be our #2 corner for years if he continues to progress.

chancellor is huge 6'3 220 and can deliver a mean hit plus he has a nose for the ball. if he can be average in coverage he'll be a very good strong safety.

davis coming out of college he was ranked on many boards as a top ten (albeit usually ranked #9or #10 ) pass rusher. if we cant keep david hawthorne or curry doesnt live up to his potential we might see alot of dexter davis. or if the hawks follow alot of teams in the nfl to the 3-4 he would be an excellent edge pass rusher.

tate um im not sold on tate but very few wide receivers have good or even decent seasons in their 1st two seasons so he could take awhile to live up to the 2nd round pick. i could see him emerging in late 2nd or 3rd season of his career.

what do you think of what you've seen through week 9

FWBrodie
11-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Walter Jones and Shaun Springs, Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchinson... those will be tough to beat.

Baller1
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Way too premature, but I love what I've seen so far. Besides Okung getting injured.

NateyB24
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Dexter Davis and Chancellor have really impressed me ill reserve my judgement till end of the season. It has the potential to trump any of our previous drafts Okung looks really nice the little i seen i liked his attitude after i saw his draft day video he was the LT i wanted unless he was taking but out of him and Trent i really wanted Okung more. Earl is a play making safety although he is getting out of position alot he was only a sophmore coming out so he still has room to grow. Golden Tate has the potential hes shown flashes.

davis coming out of college he was ranked on many boards as a top ten (albeit usually ranked #9or #10 ) pass rusher. if we cant keep david hawthorne or curry doesnt live up to his potential we might see alot of dexter davis. or if the hawks follow alot of teams in the nfl to the 3-4 he would be an excellent edge pass rusher.

tate um im not sold on tate but very few wide receivers have good or even decent seasons in their 1st two seasons so he could take awhile to live up to the 2nd round pick. i could see him emerging in late 2nd or 3rd season of his career.

To be honest id rather keep Hawthorne over Curry if Curry doesn't improve heck i seen more from Dexter in a way probaly woulda saw more if he didn't get hurt.

Tate was Raw coming out of college he wasn't going to do to well with Matt in his first year we all know Matt is a timing guy and Tate isn't a very good route runner he will have a better 2nd year imo.

rwj3584
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
yeah hutch and shaun is at least one hall of famer maybe two so there is a long time away before we really know how good this draft for us is.