PDA

View Full Version : If you are the team owner/gm

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:30 AM
And a player who is a RESTRICTED FA goes public saying he does not want to come back to the team but that is open to allow the team to get something back from him in a sign and trade from one of the teams he is interested in joining what would you do?

SteveNash
11-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I say suck it Rudy, I'm Paul Allen and will make an example out of you.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM

Im not talking bout Rudy. He has been picked his extnesion fo rone more year so eh is not a Fa until 2012, and btw Restritcted fa does not inlcude europe so if he wants to really come back he will.

D1JM
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM

lol

BillyHoyle35
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
id look into it, but in no way would i be forced into a trade, the cap space could be more useful and if its someone you really want to keep you can always match for whatever they sign. i would look and see if the trade helps my team though

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
id look into it, but in no way would i be forced into a trade, the cap space could be more useful and if its someone you really want to keep you can always match for whatever they sign. i would look and see if the trade helps my team though

the question here is WHy keep a disgruntled player

Raph12
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I'd trade him, but in time, trading as soon as they go public would get you a penny on the dollar for him.

oldfishermen
11-09-2010, 02:37 AM
If a player is not happy with his team, and wants to be traded. Being a RFA has nothing to do with the issue..

The mature way for “any player” to handle this is to let his desire to be traded known to his coach and GM, in private..

Why? Going public lowers his trade value. It also makes it much harder to trade him because the other team’s GMs would view him as a possible cancer in their locker room.. Also, players going public are viewed as a trouble maker, which results in them losing fan support, which lowers ticket sales.

Going public is the worst way for any player to achieving his goal of being traded. That is not how things get done in this country..

What would I do? I would sit him on the end of the bench with a dust rag until he grows up.. He does not want to play for my team, so I do not play him.. Let him rot on the end of the bench.. Other GMs do not want a trouble making, public drama queen on their team, unless they can steal him for nothing. By going public, the player has hurt the teams future, and made himself untradeable..

Kevj77
11-09-2010, 03:43 AM
the question here is WHy keep a disgruntled playerIt worked out well for the Lakers when they kept Kobe. That's probaly the exception, usually doesn't end up working out. RFA don't have a lot of leverage though.

abe_froman
11-09-2010, 04:27 AM
the question here is WHy keep a disgruntled player

why give in?

players will be disgruntled about something more often than not.the goal of the org is to benefit that org.,not to play "keep player x happy".you can turn it around,convince him or make him swallow his tongue and play through it.kobe made the same demands,and it worked out well for both sides;cp3 made the same demands and you havent heard a peep about wanting out from him since summer

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 04:29 AM
why give in?

players will be disgruntled about something more often than not.the goal of the org is to benefit that org.,not to play "keep player x happy".you can turn it around,convince him or make him swallow his tongue and play through it.kobe made the same demands,and it worked out well for both sides;cp3 made the same demands and you havent heard a peep about wanting out from him since summer

IM nto talking bout a player UNDER contract during the season.

I mean in JUNE after the contract he had has ran up, but the ****ing team has the ability to match eany offer he recives.

D1JM
11-09-2010, 04:34 AM
So u talking sorta like Marc gasol situation?

abe_froman
11-09-2010, 04:34 AM
IM nto talking bout a player UNDER contract during the season.

I mean in JUNE after the contract he had has ran up, but the ****ing team has the ability to match eany offer he recives.

it depends on how good a feeling you have to change their mind.no one would trade for him if he wont resign with the new team,and if he mentions a specific team he wants to go to than they might hold back offering anything good as they can just sign him in the summer.you can also do s+t deals in the offseason after he has picked his team and verbally committed to sign to them

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 04:37 AM
So u talking sorta like Marc gasol situation?

:D

He coudl be puting up 18 and 11 as the second or third option somewhere else, instead he is tied in situation where there were THREE ballhogs that now are FOUR with conley adding to the party. Denying him touches when he is largely the most EFFFECTIVE of them.

The situation is like this.

A) ****ing memphis matchs the offers keeps heim being a role player misusing him so when his next contract i up, other teams se ehism as a role playerand dont ofer much.

So upcoming contract say 7 million a year , next ocntract 3 million a year.

B ) he goes sowmehre else, starts puting up allstar stats, wich means after his new contract he gets another ALLSTAR Like contract.

SO 7 nmillion a year now and 14 million a year Later.

Theres a big difference, thats why he shoudl force his hand in the subject.