PDA

View Full Version : 20 Best White Basketball Players of All Time!

Tymathee
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Chime In!

Just curious. I can only think of Bird, Cousy, "Shooter"

I guess we can add in Gasol, Nowitzki, Sabonis, seems a lot of them are big men.

OH yeah, Walton

Rdy2PlayBall
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Barack Obama

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
this thread is not ending well.

Is JAson kidd White? i mean On black and one white parent so what is he ?

Do people understand that "hispanic" people can be from DIFERENT races? as in Al horford is black and Manu or Pau are WHITE?
Worse do people understand Spain is not "hispanic" but europe?

If the player plays for another nation like Kaman or Shawn Bredaly are they white?

:p

and so on and on an on.

Answer

1 Bird.............

2 The rest.

Tymathee
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Stockton, Pettit, Jerry West

I say anybody of European Decent, spanish, white american, british, german, whatever.

MacFitz92
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Bird
Nowitzki
Nash
Cousy
Petit
West
Pistol Pete
McHale

Hoopsadvocate
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
cant believe only 1 person mentioned stockton hes probably > than 80% of the others listed.

michael811
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
george mikan has to be near the top of the list

avrpatsfan
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
If Scalabrine isn't on the list the list loses all credibility.

Evolution23
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Tim Duncan is the best white player

RapOZo
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
jahidi white

get it?
get it???
huh??
funny huh!!

no??

ok!

:D

llemon
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Bill Walton. At his peak, short though it may have been, ranks right up there with the best Centers that ever played in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Bird
Nowitzki
Nash
Cousy
Petit
West
Pistol Pete
McHale
:facepalm:

Sharman, Cousy, Mikan, Mikkelsen, Havlicek, barry, Bird, Mchale, Maravich, Nash, Pettit , Alex Groza, Jerry West, dave cowens,walton,stockton............................ .......just t0 mention a few better than Dirk.

Tymathee
11-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Issel, Lucas, Arizin, no one mentioned Jerry West smh,

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM

I did.

Hoopsadvocate
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM

like 3 ppl mentioned west before ur post.

lakers4sho
11-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Adam Morrison tops my list.

Tymathee
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Hellcrooner doesn't count, i just skip over his posts.

asandhu23
11-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Chris Mullin says hi....

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
rafael araujo best white player to ever pick up a basketball. He could steal, pass, shoot, rebound, block, dunk like no other before him. To this date I study his videos and model my game after him to give me an edge on the court.

llemon
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Jerry Lucas, Jack Sikma, Bobby Jones, Bill Laimbeer, Jeff Ruland, Billy Cunningham, Dave DeBusschere, Paul Westphal, Mark Price, Chris Mullin, Kevin McHale, Dan Issel, Jeff Hornacek, Gail Goodrich, Tom Chambers

bagwell368
11-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Issel mentioned once?!? and Havlicek once??? come on, Issel, please

Pettit
Heinsohn
Cowens
Sharman
Cunningham
DeBusschere
Sikma
Goodrich
Westphal
Mullin
Laimbeer

Rudy T

Switch
11-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Rick Barry

Baller1
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Finally someone mentions Sikma, damn.

Bird is far above the rest though.

gbpackers12
11-09-2010, 12:56 AM
gbpackers12

Geargo Wallace
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Barry and Bird are too gangster

VinceCarter
11-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Jason Kidd anyone??

elizur
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Pistol Pete, duh..

BniMry
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Jon Barry

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Jason Kidd anyone??

like i said, let the controversy begin.

BHF
11-09-2010, 01:11 AM
drazen petrovic

King P
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Jason Kidd anyone??
Kidd is NOT white!

He's a mulatto

JRisdabest
11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Michael Olowokandi aka the ORIGINAL "KANDI MAN"

NBA-GMaster
11-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Bird, West, Cousy, Maravich, Stockton, Kidd, Nash, Nowtzki, Havlicek, Pettit, McHale, Barry, Mullin, Cunningham,Walton, Mikan, Issel, Cowens..

mvb815
11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
kevin garnett

godolphins
11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
He's black, he's ours :D

Raph12
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
White = Caucasian... For those of you who didn't know.

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Kidd is NOT white!

He's a mulatto

look at his skin he's whiter then rice, sorry but the white's got this one you can have beasley.Look at Obama he's 50% white, everyone calls him black because he looks more like a black person then a white person. Kidd looks more white then black, therefore he's white.

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 01:36 AM
White = Caucasian... For those of you who didn't know.

Not true actually some people from the middle east are considered to be caucasian. I know it's weird i didn't know this until recently either.

DreamShaker
11-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Top 20? I am too tired and lazy to order them...besides Bird at 1 and West at 2.

Larry Bird
Jerry West
John Havlicek
Bob Pettit
Rick Barry
Bill Walton
Pistol Pete Marivich
Kevin McHale
John Stockton
Dave Cowens
Steve Nash
Dave DeBusschere
Bob Cousey
Dirk Nowinski
Pau Gasol
Chris Mullin
Dan Issel
Jack Sickma
George Mikan
Gail Goodrich

Shoutout to Draven Petrovich and Sabonis. Sabonis had a short NBA career but dude had skill. Petrovich died young but was a stud in the 90's. Kiki Vandeweghe was a nice scorer as well as Tom Gugliotta and Tom Chambers.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Not true actually some people from the middle east are considered to be caucasian. I know it's weird i didn't know this until recently either.

Go figure teh Caucasus montains separate Europe and Asia.:rolleyes:

Bruno
11-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Do people understand that "hispanic" people can be from DIFERENT races? as in Al horford is black and Manu or Pau are WHITE?
Worse do people understand Spain is not "hispanic" but europe?

No Crooner, because all us ignorant Americans are trying to keep the Spanish from crossing the boarder.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 02:05 AM
No Crooner, because all us ignorant Americans are trying to keep the Spanish from crossing the boarder.

You mean the Mexicans? who happen to be from "hispano Culture" but not LATINO culture? And wich mainly are either White or amerindian or a mix of both race wise?Who speak Spanish but not th Official version forom spain ?

:p

Nad btw i love that country and its people.

Viva Mexico cabrones!!!!!!

THE MTL
11-09-2010, 02:15 AM

Sharman, Cousy, Mikan, Mikkelsen, Havlicek, barry, Bird, Mchale, Maravich, Nash, Pettit , Alex Groza, Jerry West, dave cowens,walton,stockton............................ .......just t0 mention a few better than Dirk.

Not at ALL!!!! He played in a different era and I guarantee you if he even played in Russel/Chamberlain era or Bird/Magic era, his results would be MUCH DIFFERENT!

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Go figure teh Caucasus montains separate Europe and Asia.:rolleyes:

I don't mean it's weird in that sense, i mean it's weird in the sense that almost every person you talk to (with the exception of some people in/from the middle east) will tell you that only white people are caucasians, when it's not true at all. In fact Egyptians are technically caucasian as well (yea that's right thier african caucasians)

asandhu23
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM
The eastern line for caucasian zone ends at eastern end of India. Anything east of India is not caucasian...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 02:35 AM
The line for caucasian zone ends at the India. Anything east of India is not caucasian...

You and i know is a bit more complicated than taht ;) REAL arians, Indoeuropeans and all that thing.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Not at ALL!!!! He played in a different era and I guarantee you if he even played in Russel/Chamberlain era or Bird/Magic era, his results would be MUCH DIFFERENT!

1 it oes nto take away the SHEER dominance he had in HIS era , and yes he had some competition namely Schayes and Groza.

But if you want ot go that way then Jordan is not the goat because he coudl NEVER defeat PRIME bird and magic or thomas.

asandhu23
11-09-2010, 02:37 AM
You and i know is a bit more complicated than taht ;) REAL arians, Indoeuropeans and all that thing.

well yeah obviously. I am real Aryan / Indo European. :D

raidersrock99
11-09-2010, 02:52 AM
brad miller lol

Mc Lovin
11-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Larry Bird
Jerry West
Pete Maravich
Kevin McHale
Bill Walton
John Stockton
Bob Cousy
John Havilcek
Chris Mullin
George Mikan
Bob Petit
Rick Barry
Steve Nash
Dave Cowens
Tommy Heinsohn
Mark Price

asandhu23
11-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Doug Christie *****es!!!! remember him?

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-09-2010, 03:31 AM
adonal foyle

asandhu23
11-09-2010, 03:42 AM
adonal foyle

:D lol

alencp3
11-09-2010, 04:12 AM
This thread is fail cuz no one mentioned Adam Morrison

Mudvayne91
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Scott Hastings

kArSoN RyDaH
11-09-2010, 04:58 AM
white? as in NON BLACK? gasol is not white, hes hispanic.

LeBroom
11-09-2010, 05:00 AM
David Lee.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 05:12 AM

:rolleyes: and there we go again.

Apophis
11-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Vlad Divac and Magic Johnson..

THE WALL
11-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Vlad Divac and Magic Johnson..

lol

stejay
11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
In no order

Larry Bird
John Stockton
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Mark Price
Mark Eaton
Tom Chambers
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
Kevin McHale
Bill Walton
Brad Miller
Scott Skiles
Chris Mullin
Danny Ainge
Bob Petit
Pete Maravich
Rick Barry
John Havilcek
Pau Gasol

kArSoN RyDaH
11-09-2010, 06:46 AM
:rolleyes: and there we go again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

stejay
11-09-2010, 06:53 AM

Still white. Mexican people, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans etc are a different race altogether. Spanish people are caucasian.

End of. You cant argue against that. Mexicans are originally Mayan and Aztec. Dominicans are Caribbean, of African origin. Just because they speak Spanish doesnt make Spanish people the same race as Mexicans

By that logic, Indian and Nigerian people are the same race as Brits? No. Just because you speak the language, doesnt make you the same race

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 07:06 AM

no he's white, just because your born in a certain country doesn't mean your a certain race. For instance if Kobe bryant was born in spain that doesn't mean he's spanish he still has an African background. Your confusing race with nationality.Pau Gasol has a white background, but was born in spain,spain is his country but spanish it is not his race.

Kashmir13579
11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Gerry Mcnamara

Badluck33
11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
such a stupid thread. ugh.

MTar786
11-09-2010, 07:49 AM
whoever thinks people from spain are hispanic are retards lol

Mr.ATLHawks
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Bird
McHale
Nash
Stockton
Pistol
Drazen Pertovic
Detlef Schrempf
Sabonis
Christian Laettner (However you spell it)
Chris Mullin
Dirk
Jason Williams
Fill in the rest with those old bastards who played before they let black people play...

NotVeryOriginal
11-09-2010, 09:05 AM
LOL at the guy saying spanish are hispanic. Hispanic are a mix of Caucasian (such as Spanish), Amerindian (such as Mayan) and African (such as Cote D'Ivoire).

And Jason Kidd is mullutto but if you had to pick either black or white then its white. His mother is 100% caucasian as far as we know and his father is African-American which most scholars put the average makeup at are 85% African and 15% European, so Kidd has more milk than coffee. Dont start with the One Drop rule either, its 2010 that **** is decades out of date.

This thread is pointless anyway, within 3 generations the vast majority of western people will be mixed race anyway.

Most White European and thus Americans already have either Mongol or Arab blood in them
Most American or Carribean blacks have White or East Indian blood in them
A nice chunk of Amerindians have European or Black blood in them somewhere
And then you have the mutt off spring off them all, Hispanics (Jessica Alba, fwap fwap)

MacFitz92
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM

How many of those guys have MVPs?

PHX2daDEATH
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
jack haley
Joe Kleine
Greg Ostertagg
Bob Sura
Christian Laettner
Danny Schayes
Casey Jacobsen
Luc Longley
Bill Wennington
Jon Koncak
Cherokee parks
Eric Montross
Travis Knight
Tom Tolbert
Todd Fuller

JasonJohnHorn
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Not only is this thread not going to end well, it didnt start well.
First, Gasol? Hispanic, no? White? *scratches head*

I dont see the point in trying to determine the best players of a certain race. It just seems to undermine who these guys are as players. You want to go with certain styles of basketball, like European (which has a different style of game), or urban (a style which, white as he is, Jason Williams still fits under very well), or you want to go mid-wester farm boy game, ok, because there are black and white dudes who play that style to. But breaking it down by race. I just dont think we need to do that.

KnicksR4Real
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Danilo gallinari

TheGoodGerman
11-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Bryant Reeves, Joe Wolf and Jeff Foster are HOF-Material.

TheGoodGerman
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM

As a german. I really have to say. I LOVE the people and fans of Dallas.

Ace33Bone
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM
My fav of all time was Pistol Pete... but I think that the best of all time would have to go to Larry Bird

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 10:30 AM
If you want to see what a hispanic look like look at a picture of danny trejo. Gasol is not that race.

ANKUSH
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
We need to get past the idea of races and intra-racial competition. This is 2010.

faze38
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM

Duncan isn't white he's from the islands

faze38
11-09-2010, 11:44 AM
If you want to see what a hispanic look like look at a picture of danny trejo. Gasol is not that race.

That is so far off u don't even know it! If i took a picture with my grandmother u wouldn't even know that we are related because I look african american and my grandmother looks white so u can't tell just by looking at someone! Mind u we are both hispanic

faze38
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Still white. Mexican people, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans etc are a different race altogether. Spanish people are caucasian.

End of. You cant argue against that. Mexicans are originally Mayan and Aztec. Dominicans are Caribbean, of African origin. Just because they speak Spanish doesnt make Spanish people the same race as Mexicans

By that logic, Indian and Nigerian people are the same race as Brits? No. Just because you speak the language, doesnt make you the same race

So not true all of the races you are talking about are mixed with people from Spain I mean don't u know your history! The spainish came to the islands and Americas and basically raped and pilaged and that's why u have Mexicans, Domincans and Puerto Ricans! Some family's in Puerto Rico are straight from Spain much like my great great grandfather who went from Spain to Puerto Rico and came with a wife! I mean the first person in my faimily to be mixed with another race was my generation and we are all still considered Puerto Ricans all the way up to my grand parents!

King P
11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
look at his skin he's whiter then rice, sorry but the white's got this one you can have beasley.Look at Obama he's 50% white, everyone calls him black because he looks more like a black person then a white person. Kidd looks more white then black, therefore he's white.
But that doesn't change the fact that he has black in him. It doesn't matter if his skin color is lighter, he's not white!

DNA/Genetics >>> Skin color

ragee
11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
what about Pistol Pete, Jerry West and Stockton?

haggis
11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Brad Miller, Aaron Gray, Brian Scalabrine.

/thread

Revolu7i9n
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
this is such a *uckin stupid thread

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Let get this staraight

Main races are, Caucasoid(WHite)MOngoloid(Yellow)COngoid(africanbl ack)Australoid(Polinesians)Semitic(middle eastern)INdoeuropean/aryan(Hindiatrougheurope) AMerindian(native american and south american).

And of course there are infinite MIXED posibilities.
For instance a large part of population in middle and southamerica are mixed from Amerindian and INdoeuropean or amerindian and Caucasic because of spanishg colonittion.

Now lets sort out soemthing else.

You DONT mix COuntry, Religion nor Culture with Race.
Because it has nothing to do.

YOu can be from country X and be from any race.
You can be German and be Black or be German nd be semitic
YOu can be american and be black, Yellow, White , Amerindian......

Religion.

the most Jews are Semitic BUT you can be Black and be jewish there are some liveing in israel from a jewish colony on ethiopia, you can be White and be Jewish ( lots of people from german or polish ascent) etc

CUlture

"hispanic" is a culture wich comes FROM SPanish colonitation+center/southamerican Roots , People from SPain or SPaniards are not "hispanic" in that cultural sense because that word only fits those who have Both legacys the SOuthamerican and spanish with litte spurts of african heritage too(slaves brought parts of their culture to the mix).

BUT race wise "hispani" does not exist Scinetifically it does not exist.
You can be Hispanic and be Black if your family comes fro m the slaves that were brought into southamerica Example Al horford.
You can be Hispanic and be Semitic since a lot of Arabs and Jewish people traveled to southamerican in the past century example SHAKIRA.
You can be Hispanic and be Caucasian white or Indoeuropean white if your family didnt mix with the local amerinians or if you family came form spain or italy in a later migratin in 19 or 20th centry or even from nazi migration in the 40s examples MANU GINOBILI:, Cameron Diaz,Charlie Sheen
You can also be Ameriandina or Ameridian with a little bit of caucasiqn/indoerupean Mix
wich is what most mexicans like salma hayek are.
Obviusly MOST people in SOuth american and center america is MIXED due to teh colonitation and the early 20th century migratinos.

FOr the record Pau gasol is Spanish and Caucasian. and not "hispanic"
Jose Barea is SPanish (his passport) Hispanic( he comes from uruguay) and WHite.
Carlos Arroyo is Hispanic and White.
Felipe lopez was hispanic and Black.
Eduardo najera is HIspanic and Mixed or Amerindian tough to call
Scola is Hispanic and White.

And Hellcrooner is SPanish, HIspanic ( mother from Venezuela) and Mixed ( caucasian/amerindian).

thescore53
11-09-2010, 12:27 PM

does duncan look white to you. :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:29 PM

IF you read your own link you will see it says CLERLY that Hispanic is the CULUTRE of those countrys colonized by spain....

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Awards started to be given away on 1955 but you can be sure Mikan and or mikeelsen who lead thelakers to five titles woudl ahve won 1 or 2 :rolleyes:
then you ahve pettit, cousy, Cowens, Walton, Bird.
Dont even make me go into titles or finals mvps. or the fact that almost all of them are int the top 50 payers ever ist.

Klivlend
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
You guys do realize humans are a monogenesis creature, right? Meaning we have one common ancestor. Meaning the concept of 'race', as everyone in this thread is referring, does not exist. There is no genetic difference or gene that separates one 'race' from another. There is only one race, the human race, which we are all a part of.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
You guys do realize humans are a monogenesis creature, right? Meaning we have one common ancestor. Meaning the concept of 'race', as everyone in this thread is referring, does not exist. There is no genetic difference or gene that separates one 'race' from another. There is only one race, the human race, which we are all a part of.

Wrong.
you are refering to HUman species. In wich there are different races.
ALl Equal in rights and who deserve the same treatment.
Btw is Scinetifically imposible that we desend from Only ONE Primigenic Mother nd Father or we would have been long decesied as a species out of degeneraton, theres a reason why every CULTURE has forbidden brothers and sisters having sex.

Its like cats or dogs, they aer species with different breeds/races.

haggis
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM

oh stop you tree hugging hippie ;)

Klivlend
11-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Wrong.
you are refering to HUman species. In wich there are different races.
ALl Equal in rights and who deserve the same treatment.
Btw is Scinetifically imposible that we desend from Only ONE Primigenic Mother nd Father or we would have been long decesied as a species out of degeneraton, theres a reason why every CULTURE has forbidden brothers and sisters having sex.

Its like cats or dogs, they aer species with different breeds/races.

Either you are wrong or every sociologist and biologist is. I'm will to bet it's you. Do some research. Y-chromosomes tell the story.

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Either you are wrong or every sociologist and biologist is. I'm will to bet it's you. Do some research. Y-chromosomes tell the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

Human species
You have to separate sociloligy wich is a PSEUDOscience from the REAL SCIENCE in wich MORAL tks no part.

Sociologists are to afraid of Racism and supremacism and try to cover it all up so people tyr to forget there exit races.

BUt the Scientific FACT is thee are different races.
Te thin here is HOW YOU USE that info..

In my case and most people case is not important because I FIRMLY BELIEVZE that EVERY RACE is equal and has the same rights, and i believ ein PERSONS not colectives.

A nazi of course will use this scientiic fact and try to twist him for their own purposes.
WIch by the way they can do with socioligy too and with even more ease.

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Europeans are nuts with the race science stuff, i suggest you just stay away from hellcrooners fallacious arguments and soon to come statistics

Atticus Finch
11-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Im with you on this one. Race, as I understood it, in the shortest definition is an evolutionary adaptation to environment.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Europeans are nuts with the race science stuff, i suggest you just stay away from hellcrooners fallacious arguments and soon to come statistics

Maybe we simply have a clean sheet and clean conscincence because when we Wped the Nazis out Racism ( as something general , of course there are some morons) was wiped out too.
Obviously america is more touchy with the subject because STATAl/LAW wise racism did nto dissapear until mid 60s

Klivlend
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the advice, man. I'm at work at don't really have time today to get into a heated online debate, ha.

Klivlend
11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Im with you on this one. Race, as I understood it, in the shortest definition is an evolutionary adaptation to environment.

Thank You! The concept of race as been socialy constructed.

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Maybe we simply have a clean sheet and clean conscincence because when we Wped the Nazis out Racism ( as something general , of course there are some morons) was wiped out too.
Obviously america is more touchy with the subject because STATAl/LAW wise racism did nto dissapear until mid 60s

The Roma people would like a word with you about that.

as well as the Albanians

and the Basques

How about Merkles denial of multiculturalism?

PS check out Americas democratically elected head of state

should i keep going?

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
The Roma people would like a word with you about that.

as well as the Albanians

and the Basques

should i keep going?

If you want to talk bout basques (who by the way are not a race nor albanians are) feel free to send a PM to me.

Ill gladly talk to you bout them or the thousends of people ETA has killed becaus ethey want to reinvent history.

Merkle i will agree is an INDIVIDUAL racist, it happens.

CostanzaNumba0
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

Human species
You have to separate sociloligy wich is a PSEUDOscience from the REAL SCIENCE in wich MORAL tks no part.

Sociologists are to afraid of Racism and supremacism and try to cover it all up so people tyr to forget there exit races.

BUt the Scientific FACT is thee are different races.
Te thin here is HOW YOU USE that info..

In my case and most people case is not important because I FIRMLY BELIEVZE that EVERY RACE is equal and has the same rights, and i believ ein PERSONS not colectives.

A nazi of course will use this scientiic fact and try to twist him for their own purposes.
WIch by the way they can do with socioligy too and with even more ease.

This is wrong, specifically your claim that sociology is a psuedoscience..In reality psuedo means "anti", and since sociological experiments are based on data collection and exposed to the rigors of the scientific method, the premise that sociology is a psuedoscience is hogwash, an example of a psuedoscience would be the creationist crowd.. so you see claiming an important social science like sociology as a psuedoscience is actually quite insulting to the whole process..In fact the argument that there is no "race" in definitive terms is correct. Homosapiens have not been around long enough or lived in isolation long enough to develop subspecies..there are miniscule genetic variations between your conception of "race" which, ironically is a sociological identity, but they are nowhere near prominent enough to distinguish a subspecies..If you are looking for an explanation as to the disparity in the "races" in athletics research eugenics, which I will not get into on a public forum

CostanzaNumba0
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM

I'm pretty confident that if the US didn't intervene your whole continent would be speaking german today

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty confident that if the US didn't intervene your whole continent would be speaking german today

Not really.
World would ahve lasterd longer more people woudl have been killed, and we woudl probably be all speaking RUSSIAN

Btw Thanks a lot for NOT REMOVING the ****ing fascist dictator Franco, it drew my country back from teh rest of the world 30 years and only recently (15 yars ago or so) we could fully catch up with first world .

But of course it wanst in teh interest of usa to remove him and risk spain going commie.....

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
If you want to talk bout basques (who by the way are not a race nor albanians are) feel free to send a PM to me.

Ill gladly talk to you bout them or the thousends of people ETA has killed becaus ethey want to reinvent history.

Merkle i will agree is an INDIVIDUAL racist, it happens.

How bout you tell everyone how the Roma people are treated?

CostanzaNumba0
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Not really.
World would ahve lasterd longer more people woudl have been killed, and we woudl probably be all speaking RUSSIAN

Btw Thanks a lot for NOT REMOVING the ****ing fascist dictator Franco, it drew my country back from teh rest of the world 30 years and only recently (15 yars ago or so) we could fully catch up with first world .

But of course it wanst in teh interest of usa to remove him and risk spain going commie.....

We are not the world police, at least we werent back then

goose15
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I always liked

Mullin
Rex Chapman
Dan Majerle

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 01:37 PM
the list starts out Bird, Pistol, West.

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I Almost forgot Greet Wilders add him to the long list of racial nut jobs in Europe

Margie
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Michael 811 Did you ever see George Mikan play?

n83417
11-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Wesley Snipes, Michael Jackson.

C-Dub
11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
this is a little racial lol

NJBASEBALL22
11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
My rule is White Americans only... no Euros.

C- Cowens, Walton, Bill Laimbeer
PF- McHale, Pettit, Tom Chambers
SF- Larry Bird, Rick Barry, Mullins
SG- Gail Goodrich, Jeff Hornacek, Ainge
PG- West, Stockton, Cous, Pistol, Mark Price

Some interesting Euros that would've made the list:
Nowitzki, Gasol, Nash (technically African/Canadian), Petrovic, Peja, Detlef Schrempt...
I'm really blanking out right now on Euros.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 02:15 PM
How bout you tell everyone how the Roma people are treated?

Roma peolple ( people who live in roma) or ROmanian? ( people from romania).

They are going to be accepted in European union soon and for now theres a amedment that allows them to be preferent to obtain Green Cards in european countrys.
There are a lot of Illegal ROmanian inmigrants anyway in each of the main countrys excetp england.
In most countrys, SPain, France, Germany etc thy get the regular treatment you get, You have the gren card you got no trouble you got No green card you get a flight backto your country.
problem is in ITALY.
Ever heard of Silvio Berlusconi? he is a fascist in the worse way, he is like Mussolini Part II, he is racist, sexist, classist and everything you can imagine.
Well he is trying to expell ALL romaninans from italy, you knwo what? European Union has FORBIDDEN him to do so.

stejay
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Roma peolple ( people who live in roma) or ROmanian? ( people from romania).

They are going to be accepted in European union soon and for now theres a amedment that allows them to be preferent to obtain Green Cards in european countrys.
There are a lot of Illegal ROmanian inmigrants anyway in each of the main countrys excetp england.
In most countrys, SPain, France, Germany etc thy get the regular treatment you get, You have the gren card you got no trouble you got No green card you get a flight backto your country.
problem is in ITALY.
Ever heard of Silvio Berlusconi? he is a fascist in the worse way, he is like Mussolini Part II, he is racist, sexist, classist and everything you can imagine.
Well he is trying to expell ALL romaninans from italy, you knwo what? European Union has FORBIDDEN him to do so.

Man, you got it all wrong.

Roma people, in other words Mediterranean gypsies (Romani), is what I think he is referring to, not Romanians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_%28Romani_subgroup%29

save the knicks
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Roma people, in other words Mediterranean gypsies (Romani), is what I think he is referring to, not Romanians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_%28Romani_subgroup%29

:nose:

stejay
11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
My rule is White Americans only... no Euros.

C- Cowens, Walton, Bill Laimbeer
PF- McHale, Pettit, Tom Chambers
SF- Larry Bird, Rick Barry, Mullins
SG- Gail Goodrich, Jeff Hornacek, Ainge
PG- West, Stockton, Pistol, Mark Price

Some interesting Euros that would've made the list:
Nowitzki, Gasol, Nash (technically African/Canadian), Petrovic, Peja, Detlef Schrempt...
I'm really blanking out right now on Euros.

Thats actually incorrect. He was born to British parents, (OK, in South Africa),and moved to Canada at 18 months. His dad was a soccer player, who briefly played in South Africa. He doesnt hold a South African passport, and never has. He is solely Canadian. By that calculation, Ewing is Jamaican, correct? No

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Oh i see.

Gypsies.

That deppends a lot on the different countrys they are in.

They come from India from ancent times.
SOme countrys they have meshed well and fully integrated with the country people like in romnia, Hungary.
I thik that some of them migrated to Usa too , im notsure ho w they ahve integrated there or meshed there.
In spain its a messy situation, they USED to be denigrated inthe past century and there WAS racism agains them.
In the 20th centruy some of them integrated, there are large parts on the south where they live normal lives are completely ingtegrated, they go to schools mix with nongypsis and are by no means treaated any different.
ill say 80% live normally and are completelyy accepted in society specially in littel vilages where they are as imprtant a prt on the comunnyty as anybody else.
In the large citys there are touch a small fraction of unintegrated marginal groups of gypsis, they themselves dont want to mix with what they call "Payos" ( those not gypsy) they dont allow they children to go to school, dont allow their wifes to take jobs and generally dont accept the rules from society, this has lead to they having a very Poor existence and live in mariginallity wich ha sended up leading them to robbery, drug selling and all kinds of criiminality, sadly.
Obviously this small groups get some kind of discrimianted, not by race but by crimilnality.

NJBASEBALL22
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Thats actually incorrect. He was born to British parents, (OK, in South Africa),and moved to Canada at 18 months. His dad was a soccer player, who briefly played in South Africa. He doesnt hold a South African passport, and never has. He is solely Canadian. By that calculation, Ewing is Jamaican, correct? No

Born in Africa, makes you African. hmmm. a mexican born in the U.S. by two mexican parents is Mexican-American. Hence, I said African/Canadian. And idk about Ewing, was he born in Jamaica? If so, then yeah. He is Jamaican.

stejay
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Born in Africa, makes you African. hmmm. a mexican born in the U.S. by two mexican parents is Mexican-American. Hence, I said African/Canadian. And idk about Ewing, was he born in Jamaica? If so, then yeah. He is Jamaican.

Not necessarily. You have to actually have documentation to be considered from a place.

MickeyMgl
11-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Some of those guys were great FOR THEIR TIME, and had great careers, but are not necessarily better than Nowitzki. Specifically, Sharman, Mikkelson, Groza, and Cowens. I'm on the fence about Pettit. Nowitzki's inclusion is valid, at least.

fresh prince
11-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Mike James...........

Tymathee
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Mike James...........

Who?
Mike James...
What?

MickeyMgl
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Just NBA, in no particular order...
Larry Bird
Bill Walton
George Mikan
Jerry West
Kevin McHale
John Stockton
Steve Nash
Rick Barry
Bob Pettit
Bob Cousy
Pete Maravich
John Havlicek
Chris Mullin
Dave Cowens
Dirk Nowitzki
Gail Goodrich
Dolph Schayes
Jerry Lucas
Bill Sharman
Paul Westphal
-----------------
If not just NBA, I'd consider including Arvidas Sabonis.

millerandco
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
bird, stockton , jwest, arvidas sabonis, nash, mullin, bill walton, cousy, maravich

and i think australians own

bogut will be there in the end

millerandco
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
but i think arvidas sabonis is my favorite all time

aussie
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Peja :)

NYKalltheway
11-09-2010, 07:01 PM
If not only players who had their prime in the NBA then 3 names can come to my mind... Arvydas Sabonis, Drazen Petrovic and my favorite all time player, Nick Galis

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Yea but what he's saying is that he came from africa, then became Canadian, so he would be an African canadian. Although most people who use that term are refering to having black roots it's incorrect because African is not a race. African simply means from Africa. Black people are negroids (from the negroid race). Steve nash is an African Canadian but obviously not a negroid, get it ?

BuddhaMONK
11-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Any race can be from any continent, however people can be from only one race (unless there a mix). There's south american caucasians, south american negroids, south american Mongoloid, north american caucasians, north american negroids (kobe bryant), north american mongloids, asian mongloids (yao ming), Asian negroids, asian caucasions, African caucasions (steve nash), African negroids (hakeem olajuaween), african mongloids. Anyone can be african, asian, south american, north american, antarctican, European, Australian no matter your race, but you can only belong to a paticular race if you have certain physical and genetic traits which relates you to one of the four races (Caucasoid,Negroid,Mongoloid, Australoid). Also, you can mix the races to and have a person who's a Caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid, australoid, although i guess that would be a whole nother race all together.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-09-2010, 08:20 PM
In no order.

Bird, Mchale, Walton, Pistol Pete, Nash, Stockton, West, Havlicek, Petit, Cousy.

Klivlend
11-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Any race can be from any continent, however people can be from only one race (unless there a mix). There's south american caucasians, south american negroids, south american Mongoloid, north american caucasians, north american negroids (kobe bryant), north american mongloids, asian mongloids (yao ming), Asian negroids, asian caucasions, African caucasions (steve nash), African negroids (hakeem olajuaween), african mongloids. Anyone can be african, asian, south american, north american, antarctican, European, Australian no matter your race, but you can only belong to a paticular race if you have certain physical and genetic traits which relates you to one of the four races (Caucasoid,Negroid,Mongoloid, Australoid). Also, you can mix the races to and have a person who's a Caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid, australoid, although i guess that would be a whole nother race all together.

This is such bull ****. Are you trying to stir the pot? Where did you go to school? There is no genetic trait that definitively separates 'races'. There are no physical traits that definitively indicates a particular ‘race’. Yes, there are tendencies. But it is impossible to conclusively determine 'race' from a skeletal structure or DNA strand. There is no such thing as 'race' as you describe. The concept of 'race' has been socially constructed. We are a monogenesis creature.

COOLbeans
11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't mean it's weird in that sense, i mean it's weird in the sense that almost every person you talk to (with the exception of some people in/from the middle east) will tell you that only white people are caucasians, when it's not true at all. In fact Egyptians are technically caucasian as well (yea that's right thier african caucasians)

that's stupid.

Bird, Stockton and Kirilenko

LakersDudeee
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Coby Karl.

LA ASSASSIN
11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Coby Karl.

I can top that from the lakers Mark Madsen! Lol
On the real Jerry West should be on that list.

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
This is such bull ****. Are you trying to stir the pot? Where did you go to school? There is no genetic trait that definitively separates 'races'. There are no physical traits that definitively indicates a particular ‘race’. Yes, there are tendencies. But it is impossible to conclusively determine 'race' from a skeletal structure or DNA strand. There is no such thing as 'race' as you describe. The concept of 'race' has been socially constructed. We are a monogenesis creature.

Lol there are indeed phisical differenes.

Do you thin its a casualty that when plice find a skeleton they can EASILY determinate Age, Sex and Race just by looking at the characteritics of the bones?

TrueHeatFanHere
11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
surprised no one has mentioned this guy.... KARL MALONE!

BALLER71
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Oscar Schmidt... anyone?

Hellcrooner
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Oscar Schmidt... anyone?

idnt play in nba unfortunatley, nor Did DIno Mneghin , NIk galis or Jaun antonio San epifanio.

All of them GREAT , all of them worhty of it even then.
BUt not top 10 white great of course.

And sadl y had they gone into nba an nba that dind not understand of someone not going to ncaa being worhty of playing there their careers woudl have ben sad cause coaches wouldnt have let them do anyhing, check Fernando Martin in blazers .

Geargo Wallace
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM
idnt play in nba unfortunatley, nor Did DIno Mneghin , NIk galis or Jaun antonio San epifanio.

All of them GREAT , all of them worhty of it even then.
BUt not top 10 white great of course.

And sadl y had they gone into nba an nba that dind not understand of someone not going to ncaa being worhty of playing there their careers woudl have ben sad cause coaches wouldnt have let them do anyhing, check Fernando Martin in blazers .

Huh?

Cubs420
11-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Pistol Pete or Larry Bird are the best white players ever.

MickeyMgl
11-10-2010, 07:31 AM
On the real Jerry West should be on that list.

Don't worry about that. Anybody who doesn't include West in a Top 20 is automatically discredited. West would actually be on the short list of best whities (BB players) all time. Shoot, he's probably Top 10 *overall*.... or close to it.

Nica
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Euro players like Petrovic, Kukoc and Sabonis all played their best years over seas.
If Sabonis had come over earlier he would have been a top 5 centre of all time- regardless of skin tone.

Wilson
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Sorry, I don't think this is really worthy of a thread.