PDA

View Full Version : Dwight and noah

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe I could be a little homer-erotic(lol) but Noah has been amazing. He's hitting that 15 foot shot with consistency, rebounding like the reincarnated rodman. And a shoutout to Dwight, he has improved offensively as well. With their work ethic, there only going to get better. Here's a toast to the two beast in the east

tcav701
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Noah looks great.

But you gotta put this kind of stuff in the Bulls forum broseph.

elizur
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Even though Lopez got shutdown by howard, In my humble opinion, I still think Lopez is a better player than Noah.

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Noah looks great.

But you gotta put this kind of stuff in the Bulls forum broseph.

I could see what your saying homie, but I'd like a more unbiased opinion, because we have bromances for Noah lol

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Even though Lopez got shutdown by howard, In my humble opinion, I still think Lopez is a better player than Noah.

I'll have to disagree but look foward to watching them be at the top of the best center conversation for years to come

black1605
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Lopez is shooting under 40% from the field, and is grabbing less than 6 rebounds a game. In what way is he better than Noah?

Hawkeye15
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
read my posts regarding Noah in the past. I was 100% against Noah being involved in any deal for Melo. I think Noah is an animal that advanced statistics don't tell the entire tale on. He is the heart of the Bulls (sorry Rose), and has shown he plays his best when it matters most. I love Noah. The Bulls should not let him go under any circumstances unless its a ridiculous offer

Gram
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Lopez is shooting under 40% from the field, and is grabbing less than 6 rebounds a game. In what way is he better than Noah?

7 games at the beginning of the season doesn't mean much... Did you not watch him at all last year?

Hawkeye15
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
7 games at the beginning of the season doesn't mean much... Did you not watch him at all last year?

I would take Noah over Lopez at this point of their career's, going forward.

MagicBucsSox
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Lopez is way better than Noah, who's more a "hustle guy" though id take him on my team anyday. neither is better than Horford who plays center , nor Bogut and look out for Roy Hibbert

LanceUpperCut
11-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I'd take Bogut easily as the second best center in the East, maybe injuries bring down his value but if they all stay healthy eaasily Bogut over Noah or Lopez.

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Lopez is way better than Noah, who's more a "hustle guy" though id take him on my team anyday. neither is better than Horford who plays center , nor Bogut and look out for Roy Hibbert

Way better? I see the talent level slightly better either way, well actually this is a problem in the east, that all the centers talent level is soo close(except Dwight) I guess who's best boils down to what you need your big man to do(horford is more a pf, but plays c because of no center in Atlanta)

godolphins
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
No he's not

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh shoutout to kendrick Perkins as one of the best defensive centers

xxcubs22xx
11-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Brook Lopez is a better scorer then Noah, but he's not better overall.

And yeah props to Noah and Dwight. Lookout for dwight now that he can pull it from mid range. If he continues to develop his shot he might just get to a completely new level

D1JM
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
this season noah is playing way way way better than lopez. He will get better once boozer comes back.

player G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
Loopez 6 203 15.3 .475 .398 5.7 14.6 10.0 7.8 0.8 4.1 10.5 30.1 95 107 -0.1 0.2 0.1 0.025
Noah 5 202 20.8 .610 .545 13.4 27.5 20.8 8.7 1.5 3.4 16.4 17.2 118 103 0.5 0.3 0.7 0.178

yea, lopez is no where near noah and for a big man having efg of .398 is pathetic

Rivera
11-08-2010, 10:30 PM
if u want a man to build around go with lopez cause he can give u scoring inside

if u need that extra piece for a championship go with noah....hustle rebounding defense is always needed for a championship contender

masalex1205
11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Give me Bogut

D Roses Bulls
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Maybe I could be a little homer-erotic(lol) but Noah has been amazing. He's hitting that 15 foot shot with consistency, rebounding like the reincarnated rodman. And a shoutout to Dwight, he has improved offensively as well. With their work ethic, there only going to get better. Here's a toast to the two beast in the east

wow you read my mind, i was gonna make a thread like this with the same two players, lol...... but i a agree both looking great

Chucky Woods
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Lopez and Bogut are lightyears ahead of Noah. Lol to him being the best in the east with Dwight Howard. Bulls fans gotta love them.

Chucky Woods
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
this season noah is playing way way way better than lopez. He will get better once boozer comes back.

player G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
Loopez 6 203 15.3 .475 .398 5.7 14.6 10.0 7.8 0.8 4.1 10.5 30.1 95 107 -0.1 0.2 0.1 0.025
Noah 5 202 20.8 .610 .545 13.4 27.5 20.8 8.7 1.5 3.4 16.4 17.2 118 103 0.5 0.3 0.7 0.178

yea, lopez is no where near noah and for a big man having efg of .398 is pathetic I don't know about that statement.

Sox72
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Lopez and Bogut are lightyears ahead of Noah. Lol to him being the best in the east with Dwight Howard. Bulls fans gotta love them.

How so?

Sox72
11-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't know about that statement.

What do you not understand about it?

Chucky Woods
11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Noah is Vastly Overated by bulls fans.

Super.
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Noah's good, don't get me wrong. But anyone who plays in Chicago is overrated by their fans. Jesus I even saw one guy who said Deng was better than Durant

D1JM
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't know about that statement.

what dont you understand?

elizur
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Yea, Noah is a really awesome role player and all. Lopez is a player you can build a team around. I would take him.

elizur
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
No he's not

In my opinion he is ,just like I dont think you know much about football. Just opinions my man.

Sox72
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM

You really don't have any support for anything you say, do you?

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM

Show me a center out east with better stats, grant it's 6 games in but show me the stats

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Noah's good, don't get me wrong. But anyone who plays in Chicago is overrated by their fans. Jesus I even saw one guy who said Deng was better than Durant

Lol no those are heat fans making bulls accounts,

Sandman
11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
got them both, gonna merk my roto league.

Chucky Woods
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Thats what I mean, its 6 games in the season, people are going to have great stats. I don't think he will keep it up

BullsFan_1
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM

I'm willing to bet almost anything that the person who said that was being sarcastic.

xabial
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm willing to bet almost anything that the person who said that was being sarcastic.

I saw it too, It was in his Sig

D1JM
11-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I saw it too, It was in his Sig

lol. He was trying to get the guy with the screename baller who has the Westbrook>rose sig pissed off.

bbcmillionaire
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
As we speak Noah stat line(4-11) 13p,19rbs,4blks

xxcubs22xx
11-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Lmao.

So, Joakim Noah being the best rebounder in the league is some sort of anomaly?

Turn on some games and watch Basketball before you make outrageous claims with no support to back them up.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM

And yet the haters will keep hatin. Let them.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Those are his stats now. Imagine how good he will be playing with an all-star 20/10 PF. Watch out.

tredigs
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM

and 0 turnovers. I'm not surprised one bit that he is having these types of stat-lines consistently. He improved hugely last season, and the only thing that kept him from gaining recognition as a top center (and fantasy superstar) was his planter fasc that crept up mid-season. I expect him to average about 15ppg 15rpg and 2.5 bpg until Boozer comes back, and relatively small dips in those numbers with Booze in.

Chisweetness34
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I love me some Noah. Was weary of the pick a few years back, but he can flat out play. All these young centers deserve praise, but I'm very happy with the determination and progress that Noah brings to the Bulls.

MGB
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
i've loved noah since his days at florida and was ecstatic when we drafted him, despite 90% of the Bulls forum throwing a fit about him. Noah is a championship player. Of course Lopez is more polished offensively and Dwight is better all around, but outside of Howard there isn't a C in the east I'd rather have. He's an adequate offensive player and does everything you ask of a C.

JIDsanity
11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Lets talk after 82

davids22
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Noahs good but no where near 2nd best in the East.

1. Dwight
2. Bogut
3. Lopez

All three of the above mentioned guys you can build a team around. Noah is a role player. Please wait till more then 6 games to start making these claims Bulls fans. We know you're excited that your team is relevant again but just keep it in your pants.

elizur
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
i've loved noah since his days at florida and was ecstatic when we drafted him, despite 90% of the Bulls forum throwing a fit about him. Noah is a championship player. Of course Lopez is more polished offensively and Dwight is better all around, but outside of Howard there isn't a C in the east I'd rather have. He's an adequate offensive player and does everything you ask of a C.

Oh come on... Everyone hated him in College. He was so wack. He is nice now though.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 12:07 AM

1. Dwight
2. Bogut
3. Lopez

All three of the above mentioned guys you can build a team around. Noah is a role player. Please wait till more then 6 games to start making these claims Bulls fans. We know you're excited that your team is relevant again but just keep it in your pants.

When he makes the all-star team as Dwight's backup, don't be mad ok? :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Btw, the Bucks have done a great job of building a team around Bogut haven't they? Last year when they actually made the playoffs as the 6th seed, he was on the bench in whatever Australian branded threads he likes to rock.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
And Bogut has seen the playoffs only once: 8 points 6 rebs :clap:

Noah in 2 consecutive years: 12 and 13

sargon21
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Noah is a beast. Would really like to see him lead the league in rebounding.

MJ-BULLS
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Noah was a straight up beast tonight. 19 reb and having a excellent year so far.

Evolution23
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I'll take Lopez anyday.. Much better all around player.

BillyHoyle35
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
noah is playing really well.
im not sure if he will keep it up once boozer returns, another big in the rotation, could mean less minutes, plus boozer is no slouch on the boards and will take some away, plus he will get more touches again, dropping noahs production.

D1JM
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM

so youll take him and his .39 fg, 5.7 rb? 5.7 rb for a 7'1" player that is avg 34 min. hmmm. And everyone bashes out on bosh lol

Illinirob83
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Didn't like Noah in college, didn't like the Noah pick when it was made, didn't like Noah his rookie year......but the guy got serious and turned himself into one hell of a player. Very good defensive player, phenomenal rebounder both off/def, great passer, decent scorer, and made himself a pretty good ft shooter. Plus he brings leadership, heart, hustle....he is pretty damn terrific and this is from a guy who really thought the guy was a horrid pick.

It seems if Bulls fans (since there are a ton who frequent psd) talk about one of their own, or defend one of their own that makes that player "overrated". What in god's name is overrated about Joakim Noah? Can't people have objective discussions and not go into grade school BS?

Illinirob83
11-09-2010, 01:04 AM

do you know what all-around means? In no way is Lopez a better all-around C than Noah, that is actually an absurd statement if you pay attention to the league at all.

davids22
11-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Btw, the Bucks have done a great job of building a team around Bogut haven't they? Last year when they actually made the playoffs as the 6th seed, he was on the bench in whatever Australian branded threads he likes to rock.

Because he was injured? Um hello? That doesn't undermine the talent he showed in the regular season.

This thread is going no where. Bulls fans are using this years regular season stats to say Noah is better then Bogut and Lopez. But then people say "Oh Bogut had better regular season stats last year then Noah, and Bogut even made All-NBA 3rd team". Then Bulls fans say "oh reg seasons statz dunt matter mahn its all bout da playoffs. Noah > everyone in da playoffz"

Seriously. We're not saying Noah is a bad player we're just saying he's not the 2nd best center in the East.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Didn't like Noah in college, didn't like the Noah pick when it was made, didn't like Noah his rookie year......but the guy got serious and turned himself into one hell of a player. Very good defensive player, phenomenal rebounder both off/def, great passer, decent scorer, and made himself a pretty good ft shooter. Plus he brings leadership, heart, hustle....he is pretty damn terrific and this is from a guy who really thought the guy was a horrid pick.

It seems if Bulls fans (since there are a ton who frequent psd) talk about one of their own, or defend one of their own that makes that player "overrated". What in god's name is overrated about Joakim Noah? Can't people have objective discussions and not go into grade school BS?

Ya apparently we're the only fans who "overrate" our players...GTFOH

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Because he was injured? Um hello? That doesn't undermine the talent he showed in the regular season.

This thread is going no where. Bulls fans are using this years regular season stats to say Noah is better then Bogut and Lopez. But then people say "Oh Bogut had better regular season stats last year then Noah, and Bogut even made All-NBA 3rd team". Then Bulls fans say "oh reg seasons statz dunt matter mahn its all bout da playoffs. Noah > everyone in da playoffz"

Seriously. We're not saying Noah is a bad player we're just saying he's not the 2nd best center in the East.

Exactly. You can say the same thing about Greg Oden. Just because they were both #1 overall picks and have better talent that they've "showed"...that doesn't mean **** if they're not on the court and actually producing numbers with that "talent". Bogut has never been a difference maker on his team and he never will be, because 1) he's fragile than a mutha****er and 2) he plays with nowhere near the intensity that Noah does.

Illinirob83
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM

That is more than fair. He isn't the 2nd best C in the east, he could be by the end of the year perhaps, but we can't objectively say he is at the moment. I would take Noah ahead of Lopez, not Bogu (if healthy and 100%)t and probably not Horford, and of course not Howard.

But you gotta understand our mindset with the guy, the entire city of Chicago hated the pick and after his rookie year hated it more. But he has turned that all around and has become such a fun player to watch on a nightly basis, he really has turned into one of the better C's in the NBA and many of us can't believe it, lol. We love the guy. But when people use "overrated" to describe him, that is absolutely absurd, people need to use a different term.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I can bet you all will be changing your tone about Noah at the end of this season.

akagiredsuns
11-09-2010, 01:16 AM

:laugh2: Noah leads the NBA having double doubles in every game played so far. Plus he's developing a consistent mid-range jumper. And Lopez isn't even averaging 6 rebounds a game. Dude, seriously :facepalm:

koreancabbage
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM
i think most GMs would take Lopez over Noah just b/c Noah is a role player with his role well defined. Lopez has the size and offensive moves to be one of the best all-round centers in the league and is a franchise C.

I can see most of the Chicago players are having a lovefest on Noah, but in no way can you build your team around Noah. He's good for what he does, which is rebound and play defense but that's what he is good at. And no one respects his shot... yet.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
If he makes the all-star team this year, which he is on his way to doing, I think you can scratch the "role player" part out of his profile.

koreancabbage
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
If he makes the all-star team this year, which he is on his way to doing, I think you can scratch the "role player" part out of his profile.

hey, Jamal Magloire made the all star team... doesn't say much =P

Illinirob83
11-09-2010, 01:25 AM
i think most GMs would take Lopez over Noah just b/c Noah is a role player with his role well defined. Lopez has the size and offensive moves to be one of the best all-round centers in the league and is a franchise C.

I can see most of the Chicago players are having a lovefest on Noah, but in no way can you build your team around Noah. He's good for what he does, which is rebound and play defense but that's what he is good at. And no one respects his shot... yet.

And couldn't that be said the same for the Rondo vs. Rose debates? If you are starting a franchise and you had a choice between C's you probably take Lopez because he has the potential to be more of a 20+ ppg scorer. However if you need a C and you have other solid pieces at other positions already set I would take Noah in a second over Lopez.

But I think some are overrating Lopez more than others have bragged up Noah. Maybe Lopez is just a worse but taller version of LaMarcus Aldridge or a healthy Elton Brand. Maybe Noah can be a mini-Dwight Howard or a scoring Rodman/Ben Wallace (Pistons days). Who would you rather have?

Raph12
11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Again Dwight getting overlooked, he's avging 23.2ppg-11.3rpg-2.7bpg in under 31mpg... MVP and DPOY with 35+mpg, book it.

Illinirob83
11-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Again Dwight getting overlooked, he's avging 23.2ppg-11.3rpg-2.7bpg in under 31mpg... MVP and DPOY with 35+mpg, book it.

He was my pick for MVP before the season, I agree he'll win it.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Dwight and Noah are limited offensively. The title of the thread was incomplete.

Ovratd1up
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Noah's getting really good. If he can keep this up, he'll be able to have a real argument with Bogut and Horford when discussing the second best center in the East.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 01:38 AM

He won't win MVP. People had KD locked before the pre season started. They will overlook a rough start and give it to him.

Raph12
11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
He won't win MVP. People had KD locked before the pre season started. They will overlook a rough start and give it to him.

If Orlando wins the East, Dwight gets it guaranteed... KD won't win unless the Thunder lock down a 2nd or 3rd place spot, which I don't believe they will.

CP3 has better odds at ousting Dwight

Raph12
11-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Dwight and Noah are limited offensively. The title of the thread was incomplete.

It's comments like this which make you lose credibility, watch Dwight play a few games and then get at me... Idk about you, but 23.2ppg on 60FG% in under 31mpg is not limited IMO.

Byronicle
11-09-2010, 02:06 AM
read my posts regarding Noah in the past. I was 100% against Noah being involved in any deal for Melo. I think Noah is an animal that advanced statistics don't tell the entire tale on. He is the heart of the Bulls (sorry Rose), and has shown he plays his best when it matters most. I love Noah. The Bulls should not let him go under any circumstances unless its a ridiculous offer

a trade between Toronto and Chicago mainly involving Noah and Bosh would have proven that god loved T.O.

i never understood why people do not give this guy more credit, i never seen so much intensity in a player in the longest time and he does all the work that nobody wants to do, the dirty work but not dirty as in cheap shots, just dirrttyyy

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:11 AM
It's comments like this which make you lose credibility, watch Dwight play a few games and then get at me... Idk about you, but 23.2ppg on 60FG% in under 31mpg is not limited IMO.

Being efficient and being limited are 2 different things.

Raph12
11-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Being efficient and being limited are 2 different things.

Let's see, when you're the main scorer on your team, with over 30% usage of your team's total plays, putting up outstanding numbers and no team can stop you.... Yeah I think that's pretty unlimited to me.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Let's see, when you're the main scorer on your team, with over 30% usage of your team's total plays, putting up outstanding numbers and no team can stop you.... Yeah I think that's pretty unlimited to me.

Most teams weren't able to stop Dwight last year... but now his offensive game is considered unlimited? Like I said, hes extremely efficient, but not anywhere near unlimited offensively.

MJ-BULLS
11-09-2010, 02:17 AM
LOL at the people saying noah is a role player. :laugh:

Ovratd1up
11-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Most teams weren't able to stop Dwight last year... but now his offensive game is considered unlimited? Like I said, hes extremely efficient, but not anywhere near unlimited offensively.

Why would you say that though? It's these persisting rumors and lies about players which piss me off. Like when people say that, like Dwight offensively, Lebron is raw, and can't shoot, Rose can't shoot, or pass, Durant can't play D, Monta is a great scorer, Kobe is the most clutch, etc., etc., etc.

When will the ignorance stop?
(rhetorical question)

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Why would you say that though? It's these persisting rumors and lies about players which piss me off. Like when people say that, like Dwight offensively, Lebron is raw, and can't shoot, Rose can't shoot, or pass, Durant can't play D, Monta is a great scorer[/B], Kobe is the most clutch, etc., etc., etc.

When will the ignorance stop?
(rhetorical question)

Since when did a majority of people believe this (the stuff in bold)? Nice try though, making things up.

Also Monta is a great scorer and Kobe is clutch. Also no one has every said Lebron is raw :laugh:

Raph12
11-09-2010, 02:31 AM

Last year was a transitional year, although Dwight was able to play well in the post in practise, he wasn't able to perform at that level in game. This season his confidence in his abilities are very high, he's already made a bunch of jumpers, bank shots, hooks, bank hooks, pretty footwork plays, etc... Go to NBA.com and watch the fast-highlights for the past few games Dwight has played and watch him play a game or two before critisizing his game.

tredigs
11-09-2010, 02:32 AM

Something that isn't often considered "limited" offensively, but absolutely should be is the fact that he's taking 11+ FT's a game, but only making half of those. That's about a dozen possessions where Orlando only walks away with one point, and sometimes it means bringing him out of the game all together.

It really looks like his summer workouts are paying off and he's off to a great start - definitely looking more multi-dimensional offensively (rather than just an ugly post move, his fullback style dribble drive or put-backs for dunks - we're seeing him utilizing the baby hook a lot more, and incorporating a short jumper) and it's starting to pay off for them. That said, his ridiculous foul shooting, lack of a passing game and relatively high turnover rate leave a lot to be desired offensively.

Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki are players you can look at who can realistically do it all offensively at the 4 or 5. Dwight isn't on that level offensively. Still, when he's not on the bench due to foul trouble he's definitely a strong/efficient scorer on that end. He's not on the level of the great centers of the past decade on that end (Ewing/Robinson/Malone/Shaq/Olajuwon, etc), but he's going to have a major impact.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Last year was a transitional year, although Dwight was able to play well in the post in practise, he wasn't able to perform at that level in game. This season his confidence in his abilities are very high, he's already made a bunch of jumpers, bank shots, hooks, bank hooks, pretty footwork plays, etc... Go to NBA.com and watch the fast-highlights for the past few games Dwight has played and watch him play a game or two before critisizing his game.

I already watched him twice. Thats 2 times too many. Heat and Atlanta.

Ovratd1up
11-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Since when did a majority of people believe this (the stuff in bold)? Nice try though, making things up.

Also Monta is a great scorer and Kobe is clutch. Also no one has every said Lebron is raw :laugh:

Sadly enough, I've seen people bringing up that Lebron has all the talent in the world, but somehow hasn't put it together. It usually comes up in 'vs. Kobe' threads where Kobe fans say, Lebron's more athletic but he's not a that good of an actual player, or something along those ridiculous lines.

Back in the late summer of Durant love fest with two Durant threads a day, there was a majority that said that Durant can score, but can't defend to save his life. Look it up. And people say that Rose is a below average passer/playmaker all the time, making sure to make mention of his 21 year old average of 6 apg with no help.

Monta has been a great scorer so far this season, I'll give you that, but I was referring to the more ample sample size of the previous two years in which Monta has been atrocious offensively from an efficiency and thus overall scoring standpoint.

Kobe is clutch, but so are a bunch of others, and he isn't the best.

Let these truths rest.

DaBear
11-09-2010, 02:37 AM
It's funny how Lopez has become so overrated in this thread. Noah is a better all around player. You have to be pretty stupid to argue that.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:39 AM
It's funny how Lopez has become so overrated in this thread. Noah is a better all around player. You have to be pretty stupid to argue that.

Thanks for backing up your claim. Now we all see the light :rolleyes:

That being said, I do like Noah more.

DaBear
11-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks for backing up your claim. Now we all see the light :rolleyes:

That being said, I do like Noah more.

Didn't someone already post the #'s? I haven't seen any of the Lopez supporters back their claim up.

Raph12
11-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Something that isn't often considered "limited" offensively, but absolutely should be is the fact that he's taking 11+ FT's a game, but only making half a game. That's about a dozen possessions where Orlando only walks away with one point, and sometimes it means bringing him out of the game all together.

It really looks like his summer workouts are paying off and he's off to a great start - definitely looking more multi-dimensional offensively (rather than just an ugly post move, his short fullback style dribble drive and put-backs for dunks he's utilizing the baby hook a lot more, and incorporating a short jumper) and it's starting to pay off for them. That said, his ridiculous foul shooting, lack of a passing game and relatively high turnover rate leave a lot to be desired offensively.

Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki are players you can look at who can realistically do it all offensively at the 4 or 5. Dwight isn't on that level offensively. Still, when he's not on the bench due to foul trouble he's definitely a strong/efficient scorer on that end. He's not on the level of the great centers of the past decade on that end (Ewing/Robinson/Malone/Shaq/Olajuwon, etc), but he's going to have a major impact.

Dirk can't play the low-post, while Pau is one of the most skilled big men of all-time. I agree Dwight is not on that skill level yet, but he's a work in progress, only 24yrs old and getting better and better each year... His impact on the game (when on the floor) is much greater than Dirk's or Pau's IMO, his defensive prowess is unmatched in today's league.

His FT shooting still needs work, but after the first three games (was shooting in the low 40s), he's shooting 69.4% from the line, so it's definitely an improvement. He needs to be more disciplined on the defensive end though, he's picking up a lot of tick-tacky fouls and he needs to recognize that, then pick and choose when he should make a play for the ball.

Raph12
11-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I already watched him twice. Thats 2 times too many. Heat and Atlanta.

He destroyed both teams lol, if you're making a comparison to Gasol or Duncan, then yes, he's limited, but as a scorer, he's damn near unstoppable atm.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Didn't someone already post the #'s? I haven't seen any of the Lopez supporters back their claim up.

The guy is a 7 ft center and he hasn't been able to average 9 rebounds in his first 2 seasons and isn't even at 6 this season so far, yet he's the better "all around" center...some of these PSD'ers never cease to amaze me :facepalm:

Ezekial
11-09-2010, 03:03 AM

1. Dwight
2. Bogut
3. Lopez

All he was saying is look at the stats.

ChiSox219
11-09-2010, 03:10 AM
People putting Lopez ahead of Horford are fools.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:15 AM

are people seriously saying that??? I havent looked through the thread but as of last nigh he was averaging almost 17 points and 18 rebounds. thats a role player? wheres all the people saying noah isnt an offensive player? averaging 17 points isnt bad at all.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:15 AM
People putting Lopez ahead of Horford are fools.

yes they are. horford is a all star, lopez isnt.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Oh come on... Everyone hated him in College. He was so wack. He is nice now though.

nope not me and if you go back to when i first joined this site, i told everyone who hated noah and wanted him outta chicago that he was gonna be a good player. maybe the people who change their minds everyday and dont know what they are talkin about wanted him gone, but a real fan of the game that watched him in college and was a huge gator fan knew he was gonna be good. the dude sacrificed his junior year offensive numbers to concentrate on defense so they could go back to back.

D1JM
11-09-2010, 03:21 AM

yea, lopez is no where near noah and for a big man having efg of .398 is pathetic

i posted them up. Of course they are not going to back up their claim because they are talking out of their ***. They should first do a little research before calling noah a role player.

Noah beats him in PER,TS%, eFG% , ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, AST%, ORtg, DRtg, OWS, DWS,WS,WS/48
while lopez beats him in STL%, BLK%, TOV%, USG%

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM

:facepalm: most of the national media are calling noah the second best center in the eastern conference behind howard, so its not just bulls fans. oh and lopez again is overrated. he is a solid big man, but I bet anyone here he will have a elton brand type of career. will be good but wont be nothing spectacular like you guys make him out to be and if you wanna question me, then just sig bet me. i dont care how many injuries the nets had last year, if he was so good like people hype him up to be, they would of won more then 12 games. heck hes the main option on the team this year and he averages right now just 2 more points a game then noah who is a second option right now if even that while lopez is the first option.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:27 AM

1. Dwight
2. Bogut
3. Lopez

seriously? you can build a team around lopez? yea a 12 win team, injury or not thats pathetic like charles barkley said. and again you and all these bulls haters on psd are the only ones saying those guys are better then noah. the national media wouldnt agree with you.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 03:30 AM

Am I hearing this right hawkeye? I mean I agree with you, but didnt you say you thought marc gasol was better then noah? so that would mean marc trade value is nothing less short of lebron james or dwight howard then. I'm glad your coming around on noah though now

DaBUU
11-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I could only imagine if Oden could stay healthy and was putting up the exact numbers Noah has been putting up for the past two years. He would be considered the 2nd best C in all of basketball because of his name and draft status. But because we're talking about Noah and he plays for the Bulls.......well you all know how this forum works.

NYKnickFanatic
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Noah >> Lopez

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Why do people think Horford is better? I much rather have Noah. Horford wasn't even suppose to be an AS last year.

Furymaker
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
At this point of season Noah is right behind Dwight and slightly better then Horford. When healthy Bogut is better than Noah , but hell no Lopez is better then Noah.

bringinwood
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Its what 6 or 7 games into the season....

Based on that and that alone, you wouldn't trade Noah and Deng for Anthony ???

It certainly is a what have you done for me in the last 10 seconds type of world...

Lopez will be better, when all is said and done, than Noah...

Noah is a role player that has found his nitch... Role players generally find their nitches early or they get cut...

Lopez is a scoring center who hasn't quite found his rhythm this season...

It's like comparing Ewing to Rodman... Rodman was a pretty solid role player but when compared to Ewing, he didn't stack up... Would you have traded Rodman for Clyde Drexler ??? Of course you would have... It became a little different when you started talking about Ewing...

But, maybe there are a few of you who wouldn't have traded Rodman for Drexler... I don't know... This forum seems backwards in my realm about 90 % of the time...

northsider
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I wish these threads weren't started in the NBA forum for the sake of us Bulls fans never being taken serious anymore.

I understand the intent behind it but, don't you guys see these threads are really doing more harm then good for us Bulls fans.

BTW Noah is pretty ****ing fantastic.

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I wish these threads weren't started in the NBA forum for the sake of us Bulls fans never being taken serious anymore.

I understand the intent behind it but, don't you guys see these threads are really doing more harm then good for us Bulls fans.

BTW Noah is pretty ****ing fantastic.

people really got to stop caring what other people think of their teams. I mean honestly psd is full of a bunch of 15,16,17, and 18 year olds. who cares what they think of "your" team. it's sports, people hate people for no reason really. honestly, your life must be pretty comfortable if thats your biggest worry is what others think about the bulls.

northsider
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
people really got to stop caring what other people think of their teams. I mean honestly psd is full of a bunch of 15,16,17, and 18 year olds. who cares what they think of "your" team. it's sports, people hate people for no reason really. honestly, your life must be pretty comfortable if thats your biggest worry is what others think about the bulls.

No I have just been on this forum for quite some time and watched the Bulls become a laughing stock on here. I want to be taken seriously but, it is hard when you have a hundred bulls fans(who just like you said about the others are 15-18) who constantly shove the team in there face do you think they ****ing care.

I just don't understand its like you aren't grasping no one wants to see these threads in the NBA forum and just as they say it deserves in the Bulls threads it usually does. Its like what your saying is post whatever the **** you want and who cares about keeping these forums respectable.

adidas2307
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM

That would be me. :)
And don't take it seriously. I was just making an absurd statement like someone else had made.

bringinwood
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
That would be me. :)
And don't take it seriously. I was just making an absurd statement like someone else had made.

This is pretty much on par with wanting to claim the title of being " PSD's Marcin Gortat "...

I don't think you have to or should announce that... That claim is something you probably won't have to fight for...

adidas2307
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
This is pretty much on par with wanting to claim the title of being " PSD's Marcin Gortat "...

I don't think you have to or should announce that... That claim is something you probably won't have to fight for...

What do you have against Gortat, man?

smiddy012
11-09-2010, 09:11 PM

Yeah that **** is getting old. Noah has done nothing but exceed expectations and progress his game throughout his career.

And here is something people are failing to realize. Noah is a GREAT ballhandler for a seven footer. He can run the ball down the court, lead the transition and the offense... all while being an elite rebounder, is there even another "role-player" or "star player" in the NBA who can do that?

TrueHeatFanHere
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
dwight n noah... both r garbage

D Roses Bulls
11-09-2010, 10:13 PM

hahaha....... good one

Catfish1314
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Lopez is a more refined offensive player than Noah and that is literally the only thing he does better on the basketball court. Lopez and Noah was close last year. This year is a different story. Noah has been a much, much better player than Lopez.

Southsideheat
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Must be pretty sad for Net fans if their building around Brook Lopez. (No offense to Brook).

smiddy012
11-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Lopez is a more refined offensive player than Noah and that is literally the only thing he does better on the basketball court. Lopez and Noah was close last year. This year is a different story. Noah has been a much, much better player than Lopez.

Yeah, last year I would have taken Brook over Noah in a heart-beat. Its different this year (so far) as one has progressed and the other has digressed.

And, on another note, a healthy Bogut is comparable to Noah IMO.

Catfish1314
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, last year I would have taken Brook over Noah in a heart-beat. Its different this year (so far) as one has progressed and the other has digressed.

And, on another note, a healthy Bogut is comparable to Noah IMO.

Absolutely. Bogut plays good defense, rebounds well, and has an offense game comparable to Brook's.

Lopez is 7 feet tall, 260 pounds with a wide body and long arms yet somehow he can't pull down more than 6 rebounds a game. Unless he's playing very hurt, there's absolutely no excuse for that. Especially given the amount of time he spends on the floor every night.

effen5
11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Noah had 19 boards against the Nuggets last night....that ugly bastard was worth every penny :)

effen5
11-09-2010, 11:46 PM

See Chris Bosh

D1JM
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
See Chris Bosh

ignore him. All you have to look at is his screename and the date July 2010.

JiffyMix88
11-09-2010, 11:58 PM

1. Dwight
2. Bogut
3. Lopez

well obviously the nuggets think they can build around noah if they were willing to give up c. anthony for him

D Roses Bulls
11-10-2010, 12:46 AM
well obviously the nuggets think they can build around noah if they were willing to give up c. Anthony for him

this

Cubs420
11-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Lopez is not lightyears ahead of Noah...

I know its early, But Noah has outplayed Lopez so far this year.

D-Amazins
11-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Dont care for either BUT

Lopez > Noah

D-Amazins
11-10-2010, 03:06 AM
well obviously the nuggets think they can build around noah if they were willing to give up c. anthony for him

Yea because the Bulls REALLLLLLY have someone else to build a package around NOT named Rose -.-

Give me a break, if you asked Denver who'd they take straight up between the 2 they'd pick Lopez.

Raph12
11-10-2010, 03:10 AM
It's funny how the thread is titled "Dwight and noah" but no one in the thread is talking about the former...

Catfish1314
11-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Dont care for either BUT

Lopez > Noah

Why? I seriously want to know why so many people think Lopez is better than Noah. I know this is off-topic but I've been wondering this for a while. What makes Lopez a better player than Noah?

D-Amazins
11-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Why? I seriously want to know why so many people think Lopez is better than Noah. I know this is off-topic but I've been wondering this for a while. What makes Lopez a better player than Noah?

His offensive game is MUCH better. Also Lopez is arguably the Nets best player compared to the Bulls where Noah is like the 3rd/4th option on offense.

Noah may have him on defense, but he SHOULD because he was never much of a scorer. Noah has made improvements I give him that, but for me Lopez is clearly ahead of him.

D Roses Bulls
11-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Dont care for either BUT

Lopez > Noah

:facepalm: do you know brook lopez doesnt even have one double double this year and is only averaging 6 rebounds a game. also if he was so good, why did the nets only win 12 games last year? dont give me no injury excuse, if he was so good they would of won more then 12 games.

Lopez
PPG RPG BPG FG%
18.4 6.0 1.9 .388

Noah
PPG RPG BPG FG%
15.7 15.0 2.2 .515

Oh and Noah isnt even the first option on his team like Lopez is on his. so explain to me again how lopez is better?

D Roses Bulls
11-10-2010, 05:35 AM
It's funny how the thread is titled "Dwight and noah" but no one in the thread is talking about the former...

It's because the Bulls haters like coming in and hate and don't even appreciate what howard is doing or has been doing the last couple of years.

JiffyMix88
11-10-2010, 06:44 AM
His offensive game is MUCH better. Also Lopez is arguably the Nets best player compared to the Bulls where Noah is like the 3rd/4th option on offense.

Noah may have him on defense, but he SHOULD because he was never much of a scorer. Noah has made improvements I give him that, but for me Lopez is clearly ahead of him.

For Lopez to be soooo much more better offensively(not saying hes not) then y is he only avg. 3 more points a game?

Because Noah has heart and hustle and he fights for boards to put it back in. He doesn't need touches to get points(and thats not saying he can't get no points because even though his shot is ugly he makes it more times then not) he just knows other was to put that ball in the basket.

Outside of Howard and Bynum and Yao (if they could actually stay healthy) I take Noah over anybody else in the NBA.

JiffyMix88
11-10-2010, 06:46 AM

Because eveyone knows Howards a beast plain and simple. Sorry if that disappoints you :p

Cool007
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Dont care for either BUT

Lopez > Noah

How is Lopez anywhere near Noah, let alone better than him???

Just because Lopez scores couple of more points on measly (actually PATHETIC) 38% shooting for a Center, I repeat for a center. While he is worse in everything else.

It's like people saying Devin Harris is better than Rondo coz he scores more. :facepalm:

Really??? Some of you need to open your eyes and watch the games and look at the stats once a while.

This is actually a CORRECT statement:

Noah is the 2nd best center in the East behind Dwight and until Bogut and Lopez pick it up. It will stay the same.

BTW, Noah is basically beating Bogut in just about every single category. Go look it up.

This is NOT last year. This is the whole new year and Noah has VASTLY improved his game and instead of giving credit where it's due, people like to bring him down by just talking out of their rear about how Lopez > Noah or Bogut, Lopez > Noah.

IT IS COMPLETELY FALSE.

What has Lopez done? Lead a team to the WORST record in the league??? It's not looking any better this year either.

Catfish1314
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Lopez averages 19 points a game. He can bang, shoot, and has some craft post moves. Noah averages 15 points a game with a fairly pedestrian arsenal of post moves. Most of his points come from put-backs, drawn fouls, tips, etc.

From a production standpoint, Noah has almost as much of an impact as Lopez with apparently nowhere near the offensive game Lopez has. The argument can be made that because Lopez is such a force offensively, he'll draw more attention than Noah but actually Noah draws just as much because he's such a force on the glass. He absolutely has to be blocked out.

As the season goes on, I don't expect Noah to keep averaging 15 points a game. When Boozer comes in, his scoring averages will probably drop to 12-13 points while Lopez's scoring averages have nowhere to go but up.

There. I gave you that. Lopez is a better scorer than Noah. But Joakim Noah is literally a better player in every other way.

Brook is a joke on the glass, Noah is a machine on the glass. Lopez blocks shots and bodies up, but he can't cover ground the way Noah can because he's nowhere near as mobile. Noah is constantly moving, setting picks, screens, hustling, and rotating defensively while Lopez usually just plants himself inside jostles for a better angle in the post.

Lopez is shooting 40 percent, 40 PERCENT from the field. I don't care if you're the sole focal point of the defense; if you're 7 feet tall with long arms and a wide body and the vast majority of your shots are inside, there is absolutely no reason you should be shooting below 48-50 percent from the field.

Offense: Lopez
Defense: Noah
Rebounding: Noah
Intangibles: Noah
Consistency: Noah
Impact: Noah

Apparently people are just suckers for a pretty offensive game.

haggis
11-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Lopez averages 19 points a game. He can bang, shoot, and has some craft post moves. Noah averages 15 points a game with a fairly pedestrian arsenal of post moves. Most of his points come from put-backs, drawn fouls, tips, etc.

From a production standpoint, Noah has almost as much of an impact as Lopez with apparantly nowhere near the offensive game Lopez has. The argument can be made that because Lopez is such a force offensively, he'll draw more attention than Noah but actually Noah draws just as much because he's such a force on the glass. He absolutely has to be blocked out.

As the season goes on, I don't expect Noah to keep averaging 15 points a game. When Boozer comes in, his scoring averages will probably drop to 12-13 points while Lopez's scoring averages have nowhere to go but up.

There. I gave you that. Lopez is a better scorer than Noah. But Joakim Noah is literally a better player in every other way.

Brook is a joke on the glass, Noah is a machine on the glass. Lopez blocks shots and bodies up, but he can't cover ground the way Noah can because he's nowhere near as mobile. Noah is constantly moving, setting picks, screens, hustling, and rotating defensively while Lopez usually just plants himself inside jostles for a better angle in the post.

Lopez is shooting 40 percent, 40 PERCENT from the field. I don't care if you're the sole focal point of the defense; if you're 7 feet tall with long arms and a wide body and the vast majority of your shots are inside, there is absolutely no reason you should be shooting below 48-50 percent from the field.

Offense: Lopez
Defense: Noah
Rebounding: Noah
Intangibles: Noah
Consistency: Noah
Impact: Noah

Apparently people are just suckers for a pretty offensive game.

^this
:clap:

Double_R
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Remember that Lopez will be better than Dwight thread that lasted like six months, hahaha...

Noah is good, I personally would take Bogut over him and not sure about Lopez, but I think Bulls fans need to slow down on he's having a good season, it's under 10 games in...

Chest Rockwell
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd take Lopez over him and it's close between Bogut and Noah.

koreancabbage
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Bogut's a beast when he's healthy.

and i'm going to say it again. in no way would a GM build around Noah. He's a pretty good complimentary piece to have.

Cool007
11-10-2010, 05:12 PM

So you are basically saying Lopez is better than Bogut and Noah???

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
11-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Did people see what Dwight did to Lopez the other night? Completely locked him up. Lopez just had to throw shots up in the air to get a shot off. Dwight isn't doing that to Bogut or Noah.

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Did people see what Dwight did to Lopez the other night? Completely locked him up. Lopez just had to throw shots up in the air to get a shot off. Dwight isn't doing that to Bogut or Noah.

Dwight would have no problem shutting Noah down.

Catfish1314
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Dwight would have no problem shutting Noah down.

Yes he would because Noah is mobile and athletic like he is. When Dwight goes against Noah, he's basically playing a lighter, more raw version of himself.

Dwight had no problem with Lopez because Lopez is flat-footed and not nearly as athletic as Dwight.

And do you mean "shut down" as in scoring? Noah's not a scoring big man. What is he shutting down? Noah's savvy post moves and silky jumpshot? :eyebrow:

Gibby23
11-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes he would because Noah is mobile and athletic like he is. When Dwight goes against Noah, he's basically playing a lighter, more raw version of himself.

Dwight had no problem with Lopez because Lopez is flat-footed and not nearly as athletic as Dwight.

And do you mean "shut down" as in scoring? Noah's not a scoring big man. What is he shutting down? Noah's savvy post moves and silky jumpshot? :eyebrow:

I was just responding to JB saying Dwight couldn't do that to Noah. I basically said he could because Noah suck on O and can't contain bigger guys like D12. Noah plays ok against smaller thinner PF's and C's but kinda sucks against the best bigs in the NBA.

Stunner
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I was just responding to JB saying Dwight couldn't do that to Noah. I basically said he could because Noah suck on O and can't contain bigger guys like D12. Noah plays ok against smaller thinner PF's and C's but kinda sucks against the best bigs in the NBA.

Yeah Noah isnt that good O but he doesnt suck as he as shown this year. Noah sucks against the best bigs in the NBA? Noah puts in work against all big men he will get his, u can lock Noah for a double double like every night and to give u some steals,blocks and assist.

Catfish1314
11-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Do you have evidence of this? Just this season, Noah had 26 and 12 against the Celtics frontcourt (primarily Garnett who, while not what he once was, is still Kevin Garnett). In his last game, he took a dump all over Nene.

Last year: four games against Kendrick Perkins, at least 25 pounds heavier than Jo, he averaged 11 and 13. In two games against the mighty Lakers frontcourt, he averaged 12 and 18 with 10 offensive rebounds.

He sucked against Dwight last year, but that was last year and also around the time his plantar fascitis started coming up.