PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor: Prince and Bynum for Jeff Teague and Jamal Crawford

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Prince’s name remains on the radar, mostly because of his expiring contract and the fact that the Pistons are loaded with small forward types … if they are going to turn the page and start over, that’s one spot they’d probably want to clear out for a youngster.

After bumping into one of my all-time favorite advance scouts in an arena hallway over the weekend, the trade picture came into much better focus for me on not only Prince but several other players around the league, and particularly the Eastern Conference.

“Detroit has to do something,” my scout friend told me. “They’re not going anywhere with the group they have. They know it and everyone else knows it. So Tayshaun or Rip, one or both of them have to be in play if they’re going to start the rebuilding process properly.”

I explained to my scout friend that I’d heard a great trade rumor about the Hawks and Pistons discussing a package to swap Prince (and another piece like Will Bynum, who cannot be moved until after Dec. 15) for Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague (which would be an interesting swap for the Hawks since they don’t really have great depth in the backcourt) and he kindly opened up about the state of affairs, as he sees it, in the East. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/08/trade-chatter-still-bubbling/

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Wrong forum but WTH are the Pistons thinking???

Giaps
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Ben Gordon and Jamal Crawford is so redundant. Dumars is desperate.

m26555
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Wrong forum but WTH are the Pistons thinking???
They must have really soured on Stuckey. I like Teague a lot.

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Stuckey played incredible last night for them.... I baffled at the reasoning here. Do they want the expiring of Jamal Crawford? Are they basically saying they are ready to kick the bucket on this season?

levignjw
11-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Don't get it.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
So does this mean ATL is shopping Crawford not Smith?

h2r09
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
this is basically trying to get teague as a building block for the future for the pistons, which i think would be a good deal. they have way to many redundant pieces and crawford would either be ttraded again by the deadline or let go as a free agent.

Kashmir13579
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Ben Gordon and Jamal Crawford is so redundant. Dumars is desperate.

this. Chicago should've resigned Ben Gordon.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I had read on my yahoo fantasy notes that ATL was not thrilled with Teague and were gunna stick with Bibby

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Hindsight Bro!!! They believed they would have had a shot at LeBron and especially Wade. That was a factor in them not resigning him to the type of contract he wanted.

sargon21
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM

That would have been one of the worst mistakes in our history.

SteveNash
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Trade doesn't make sense for either team.

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Gordon refused the offer the Bulls gave. Thinking he would get alot more on the open market.

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I really wish the Bulls could of found a way to keep Gordon too. though

jkcronyn
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
gordon, crawford, stuckey, rip, teague, white... 6 players in our backcourt.. 5 sgs and 1 true pg.. good lord

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
That would have been one of the worst mistakes in our history.

It wasn't that bad bro. If he could have been kept for cheap he would be a valuable asset. You know as well as any bulls fan that any various times last season you guys missed his spark on offense.

JWO35
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Jeff Teague is obviously the G.O.A.T
DUH!

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
If Taysaun is indeed available and the Pistons are indeed this stupid IMO the Magic should be all over this. That is however if they are happy with Rashard Lewis at PF.

h2r09
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
ben gordon is incredibly overrated. he is nothing but a scorer. people need to realize there is a much bigger difference between the superstars and guys like ben gordon than guys like ben gordon and the lower salary players. i would never give big money to a guy like gordon, or a villanueva, or arashard lewis, or a guy like joakim noah. all good, bu tyou can tell from the start of their contract they wont live up to it.

h2r09
11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
i wish the heat could get tayshaun, they could desperately use one more long athletic defender and shooter.

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
so they're giving up their best defensive forward for 2 more guards? maybe they're starting the race to win the lottery already haha

Rivera
horrible move by Joe D

since he found lighting in a bottle with ben wallace it seems hes been tryin to create this again

Swashcuff
ben gordon is incredibly overrated. he is nothing but a scorer. people need to realize there is a much bigger difference between the superstars and guys like ben gordon than guys like ben gordon and the lower salary players. i would never give big money to a guy like gordon, or a villanueva, or arashard lewis, or a guy like joakim noah. all good, bu tyou can tell from the start of their contract they wont live up to it.

One of these things is not like the others one of these things just doesn't belong. Bad example.

Sixerlover
Tay is an expiring too. It just comes down to Detroit knowing they aren't competing for anything this year, swapping expiring contracts and picking up a young piece for the future. I see where they are coming from, but like someone said they must have lose hope in Stuckey as the PG of the future.

spreadeagle

Noah is beasting this year...at least he didnt get lazy after his big deal...so far:p

tcav701
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I hope this isnt true.

If it is the Pistons surpass the Wolves as the worst front office in the NBA.

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Noah has been worth what he got. Anyone he doesnt think so needs to watch him play and look at his stats.

GodsSon
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Trade doesn't make sense for either team.

Agreed...Pistons already have Gordon and Stuckey, and the Hawks have Smith and Williams...seems like they're trading for the sake of trading more than anything else

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Im surprised the Hawks would even consider getting rid of Teague. I thought he was going to be their PG of the future.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Im surprised the Hawks would even consider getting rid of Teague. I thought he was going to be their PG of the future.

I think they want to win now,and dont think he can run a team yet

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Agreed...Pistons already have Gordon and Stuckey, and the Hawks have Smith and Williams...seems like they're trading for the sake of trading more than anything else

It surely makes sense for Atlanta. Crawford is going to walk at the end of the season anyway and the other Crawford isn't half bad. Also they have fallen out of good graces with Teague and a Will Bynum type may be exactly what they need at back up PG with the possible loss of Crawford. Prince is more likely to return at season's end for much much cheaper than Crawford will be asking for and he's certainly an upgrade over their career underachiever Marvin Williams. May also put them in a better position to get another big in order to give Horford more mins at C. It actually does make sense for them.

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Agreed. Unless it's leading to something else makes no sense at all. Ofcourse Det has made alot of questionable moves lately.

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I think they want to win now,and dont think he can run a team yet

Yeah I understand that

sep11ie
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Gordon and Crawford???

GodsSon
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
It surely makes sense for Atlanta. Crawford is going to walk at the end of the season anyway and the other Crawford isn't half bad. Also they have fallen out of good graces with Teague and a Will Bynum type may be exactly what they need at back up PG with the possible loss of Crawford. Prince is more likely to return at season's end for much much cheaper than Crawford will be asking for and he's certainly an upgrade over their career underachiever Marvin Williams. May also put them in a better position to get another big in order to give Horford more mins at C. It actually does make sense for them.

While he may be an upgrade over Marvin, what does that do with the Josh Smith situation? There's already rumblings that he might get moved for cap relief in lieu of Horford's extension, and unless the Hawks think that Prince will be an adequate replacement for J-Smoove, then I don't like this deal for them.

sargon21
11-08-2010, 06:25 PM
It wasn't that bad bro. If he could have been kept for cheap he would be a valuable asset. You know as well as any bulls fan that any various times last season you guys missed his spark on offense.

Well I was mainly referring to how it would have hand-cuffed us financially for the years going forward, which would have been horrible.

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
While he may be an upgrade over Marvin, what does that do with the Josh Smith situation? There's already rumblings that he might get moved for cap relief in lieu of Horford's extension, and unless the Hawks think that Prince will be an adequate replacement for J-Smoove, then I don't like this deal for them.

They have a certain dilemma there all because of the JJ contract. But Josh Smith has proven that he is indeed a PF but they want to move Horford to PF. Problem is they don't have anyone and will in all likeliness not be able to find anyone to play at C. Prince in no way shape or form can replace Josh Smith. They have gone on record as saying that they are not dangling Smith but I think we all know better than that. In all likeliness the Hawks will be staying put and Smith won't be going anywhere.

Swashcuff
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Well I was mainly referring to how it would have hand-cuffed us financially for the years going forward, which would have been horrible.

understood I stated that in another post. I thought you meant strictly from a basketball standpoint.

dnewguy
11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
3yrs ago the Pistons were comparing Stuckey to Dwayne Wade

eXpLiiCt
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
What the ****ing **** is that don't trade bynum u ****ing idiots gfshyjs

EricU812
11-08-2010, 06:33 PM
my scout friend says he doesn't trust your friend.

SB75
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
WHy would the Hawks trade the guy they have tabbed as pg of the near future?

GoatMilk
11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Gordon and Crawford???

i know

i hope it happens. haha

Blazers#1Fan
11-08-2010, 07:05 PM
wont happen!

why would pistons trade there 11million expiring for a 10mill expiring and a mediocre player in teague this trade has no wings!

Hawks roster
C Horford
PF Josh Smith
SF Prince/Williams
SG JJ
PG Bibby/Bynum

Pistons
C Ben
PF Charlie V
SF Mcgrady
SG Rip/Crawford
PG stuckey

this would just mess up both teams!

thats like my trade idea Rudy fernandez andre miller joel pryzbilla 1st round pick(N.O.) for josh smith & Sy it has no wings but it sound better then this trade at least with my trade they get a 1st a Center and rudy fernandez and 2 expiring contracts of 14mill and andre miller who is a upgrade over bibby

Hawks
C Pryzbilla
PF Horford
SF Williams/Fernandez
SG J.Johnson/Crawford
PG Miller/Bibby

Blazers
C Camby&Oden/Marks
PF Lamarcus/Smith&Camby
SF Smith/Sy/Babbitt
SG Batum/Mathews
PG Roy/Johnson

Pierzynski4Prez
11-08-2010, 07:08 PM
wont happen!

why would pistons trade there 11million expiring for a 10mill expiring and a mediocre player in teague this trade has no wings!

Hawks roster
C Horford
PF Josh Smith
SF Prince/Williams
SG JJ
PG Bibby/Bynum

Pistons
C Ben
PF Charlie V
SF Mcgrady
SG Rip/Crawford
PG stuckey

this would just mess up both teams!

thats like my trade idea Rudy fernandez andre miller joel pryzbilla 1st round pick(N.O.) for josh smith it has no wings but it sound better then this trade at least with my trade they get a 1st a Center and rudy fernandez and 2 expiring contracts of 14mill

That Hawks team would be very deadly

Crackadalic
11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
So they would have 4 shooting guards?

Algmuskrats
11-08-2010, 07:57 PM
WTF? honestly pistons?
why get rid of a forward and a bench guard, for another guard that could be starting on another team and a nobody bench PG.
Get Smith or nothing from the Hawks.

BkOriginalOne
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Doesn't really make sense for either team, but less sense for the hawks.
Aren't the off to a good start, you can get more for the Crawford (at least a 20 pt scorer for DET) than Bynum and Prince.
And Dumars, why Crawford AND Ben Gordon?

Khalifa21
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Pretty bad trade for both teams...

The Hawks lose two backcourt players (where they're thin already), and the Pistons lose their starting SF for another SG. Jerebko would slide into the starting lineup I can imagine but that leaves Crawford, Hamilton and Gordon all fighting for minutes. WHo would backup Mike Bibby? Who would create shots when Joe Johnson's on the bench?

Awful trade for both teams.

JerseysFinest
11-08-2010, 08:09 PM
i don't think its terrible for both teams. Prince gives them a lot of defense in the front court and is a good guy to have around anyway. If he accepted the 6th man role, that would be amazing for ATL. But Bibby-Johnson-Prince-Smith-Horford is nasty. Pistons start the rebuild, acquire a young point guard talent and a talented 2 guard. Crawford could play the point during some stretches for them as well

goose15
11-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Gordan, Rip & Crawford... thats alot of SGs

Khalifa21
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
i don't think its terrible for both teams. Prince gives them a lot of defense in the front court and is a good guy to have around anyway. If he accepted the 6th man role, that would be amazing for ATL. But Bibby-Johnson-Prince-Smith-Horford is nasty. Pistons start the rebuild, acquire a young point guard talent and a talented 2 guard. Crawford could play the point during some stretches for them as well

The starting lineup for the Hawks is an immediate upgrade but they lose a ton of depth.

No back up PG and no backup SG that can create his own shot. The team goes from being reasonably deep to flimsy thin.

THE WALL
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
wtf? Honestly pistons?
Why get rid of a forward and a bench guard, for another guard that could be starting on another team and a nobody bench pg.
Get smith or nothing from the hawks.

this!!!

hugepatsfan
11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Some trades are bad because they're lopsided. And then you have a deal like this, where both team make out terribly. If this hapens both GMs should be slapped.

king4day
11-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Deal makes no sense

jkcronyn
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
im a huge pistons fan and not to be a jerk but everyones talking about oh atlanta wants to win now!! it's such b/s its strictly business. they aren't playing to win a championship the only teams in the east that are is orlando boston and miami so everyone else is just trying to put up a good win percentage to fill a stadium. honestly if i were a hawks fan i'd kill myself because at least i know the pistons are hopeless but atlanta fans are delirious thinking they have a shot at anything higher than a fluke trip to the eastern conference finals

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 08:49 PM
im a huge pistons fan and not to be a jerk but everyones talking about oh atlanta wants to win now!! it's such b/s its strictly business. they aren't playing to win a championship the only teams in the east that are is orlando boston and miami so everyone else is just trying to put up a good win percentage to fill a stadium. honestly if i were a hawks fan i'd kill myself because at least i know the pistons are hopeless but atlanta fans are delirious thinking they have a shot at anything higher than a fluke trip to the eastern conference finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I :D

StriveGreatness
11-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Stupid trade. What is Dumars thinking? I know he use to be a guard but come on! You dont need 20 million guards, you need some post presence. The only way I understand this trade is if Dumars thinks Teague is their future PG and move Stuckey to the 2 spot. Bring Ben off the bench as usual but then what the hell are you going to do with Crawford!? :confused:

Mc Lovin
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't think this trade makes sense for either team. Detroit already has way too many undersized SG's as is. Why add another one? Tayshaun Prince would be a good pick up for the Hawks but Atlanta is playing great right now and I just don't think they should mess with that chemistry at all. This proposed deal makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Stupid trade. What is Dumars thinking? I know he use to be a guard but come on! You dont need 20 million guards, you need some post presence. The only way I understand this trade is if Dumars thinks Teague is their future PG and move Stuckey to the 2 spot. Bring Ben off the bench as usual but then what the hell are you going to do with Crawford!? :confused:

Hes expiring....trade asset?

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Hawks win. Prince should be able to start right away.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Hes expiring....trade asset?

You're telling me they traded for Jamal Crawford to use him as a trade asset? Seems unorthodox.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 09:00 PM
You're telling me they traded for Jamal Crawford to use him as a trade asset? Seems unorthodox.

way easier to move then Prince...contender will take crawford at the deadline no doubt.Just a guess

jkcronyn
11-08-2010, 09:00 PM
idk if we pick up crawford and drop tay it'd be nice to still dump crawford and rip by the end of the year for a draft pick or a young player. detroit needs young kids under contract so they can't dip out because detroit is not an attractive place to sign right now

Sadds The Gr8
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Gordon, Rip, Crawford, and Stuckey on the same team = maximum fail

Korman12
11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Awful trade for Detroit. Would complicate the redundancy problems that the team already has immensely. Stuckey, Hamilton, Crawford, Teague, Gordon?