PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: "I get a little lost out there"

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM
The least heralded of the Big Three in South Beach has had the toughest time adjusting to his new role and team, and was quite candid about it with the media over the weekend. From the Miami Herald: “Forward Chris Bosh approached teammate LeBron James on Friday night during the Heat’s return flight from New Orleans and wanted to talk — a simple chat between new friends, friends who still had a lot to learn about each other. It was about basketball, but it was also about bonding. Six games into this grand experiment and things were not happening as easily for Bosh as he had originally envisioned. ‘I was just honest,’ Bosh said. ‘I get a little lost out there because it’s different.’ Bosh’s numbers are down to begin the season, but he insists that finding himself on the court among his new teammates cannot be measured by statistics. Bosh was averaging 13.3 points and 5.5 rebounds before Saturday’s win over the Nets … Publicly, Bosh has said the only statistic he cares about is winning. The Heat (5-2) did not win Friday night and Bosh’s reticent demeanor on the court was an obvious factor in the game’s outcome. ‘I’ve kind of been on my heels for the first part of the season, so I’m starting to figure it out; it’s starting to come to me,’ he said after Saturday’s 101-89 victory against the Nets. ‘But at the end of the day, I just have to be aggressive. That’s what it’s all about.’” http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/chris-bosh-i-get-a-little-lost-out-there/

Bruno
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
He'll tighten the screws eventually. Always an adjustment period. If any one players role change the most out of the three it's Boshs, IMO.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Both him and Lebron have been playing below their abilities. I can see Lebron ramping it up. Bosh, not so much. Wade seems intent on getting his. Lebron wants to appease Wade and dishes to him often. Bosh is going to be left out of the equation.

D1JM
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
a little???????????????????????????????????

KDM1986
11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Bosh has to realise he needs to be more of a defender rebounder then a scorer. Wade and Lebron will due the bulk of the scoring Bosh needs to lead on the glass and in the paint.

Giaps
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
If any of the 3 is going to crack with some sort of complaining one day, it's Bosh. Let's see if winning really is the only stat he cares about.

GodsSon
11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I almost feel bad for Bosh for how much flack he's been taking...

...the keyword is "almost"

He wanted to get more exposure because he felt he was an elite player, DEAL WITH IT, because this is what he wanted...It's going to be hilarious when he gets snubbed from the All-Star team this year

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM

He wanted to get more exposure because he felt he was an elite player, DEAL WITH IT, because this is what he wanted...It's going to be hilarious when he gets snubbed from the All-Star team this year

I know its still early but it wouldnt shock me if he was eventually dealt for a top level PG or C in a year or two,couldnt Miami use a all star at those positions more "Steve Nash"

BOSTON617
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM

x2

VicRoyJr
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Bosh will get it together and average 14 pts and 7 rebs before mid season, but he will never be an elite player, more like an expensive role player

justinnum1
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
We will get a better idea how bosh is after 30 games. All these guys are still figuring things out, they have only played 7 games together. Some of their games they ave been terrible on D, but overall they are ranked 4th in offensive efficiency, and 1st in defensive efficiency. Bosh will become more aggressive, and understand this teams needs him to rebound and play defense, more than score points. Bosh will be fine.

twoearl
a little???????????????????????????????????

This. Miami could of gotten anyone to put up 13 and 5. He needs to be around 18 and 10 for them to win it all...

spreadeagle
Bosh will get it together and average 14 pts and 7 rebs before mid season, but he will never be an elite player, more like an expensive role player

Rashad Lewis style

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Bosh should have stayed a Raptor cuz his brain is prehistoric lol

spreadeagle
We will get a better idea how bosh is after 30 games. All these guys are still figuring things out, they have only played 7 games together. Some of their games they ave been terrible on D, but overall they are ranked 4th in offensive efficiency, and 1st in defensive efficiency. Bosh will become more aggressive, and understand this teams needs him to rebound and play defense, more than score points. Bosh will be fine.

I wonder if the pressure has gotten to him a bit,playing next to two of the best players ever plus the entire sports media watching your every move,PPL in Toronto were happy if he scored 20 and 10 and got us into any playoff spot

m26555
I wouldn't exactly call that "getting it together," as he's currently putting up 14 and five. The lack of scoring isn't really that big of a deal because Wade and James should be able to pick up the slack; it's the rebounding that should be the concern. There is absolutely no reason why Bosh shouldn't be averaging double-figures on the glass.

Gibby23
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Shouldn't a 6'11'' PF who just signed a huge contract to be tha main big man on a contending team know that he should be pulling down atleast 10 rebounds a game.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that "getting it together," as he's currently putting up 14 and five. The lack of scoring isn't really that big of a deal because Wade and James should be able to pick up the slack; it's the rebounding that should be the concern. There is absolutely no reason why Bosh shouldn't be averaging double-figures on the glass.

I think he got one rebound in the Hornets game maybe it was the Nets game...either way

Patman
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't be concerned with his offense that will come and it is not necessary for him to score big on most nights. Also he doesn't get that many touches. What should concern the Heat is his really bad Rebounding, 5.5 a game on 9.8 TRB% is extremely bad for a big man, even for bosh who was never an exceptional rebounder.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM

But there is a reason, he likes to stay out on the perimeter and wait for a kick out. Playing away from the basket wont help you grab boards. But yes getting 5.5 boards is pretty bad. Shoot, the tallest guy on the team gets around 3 to 4 free bees a game cause he gets to stand at the front of the line for free throw attempts.

h2r09
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
you guys need to calm down. if wade or lebron wasnt playing well, then that would be one thing. but those guys have their hands on the ball all the time. it is much more difficult for a big man to adapt to a completely different role on a completely different team. give him at least another month and probably even more then that. despite how well they are playing, lebron and wade still dont have close to the chemistry they will in a few months.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't be concerned with his offense that will come and it is not necessary for him to score big on most nights. Also he doesn't get that many touches. What should concern the Heat is his really bad Rebounding, 5.5 a game on 9.8 TRB% is extremely bad for a big man, even for bosh who was never an exceptional rebounder.

Raptors were one of the worst rebounding teams ever! he was playing beside Bargnani who never rebounds...of course he got good numbers on the boards in T.O,dont know if he can do that on other teams.Evans this year in Bosh's spot is getting like 15 boards a game beside Bargnani

tcav701
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
you guys need to calm down. if wade or lebron wasnt playing well, then that would be one thing. but those guys have their hands on the ball all the time. it is much more difficult for a big man to adapt to a completely different role on a completely different team. give him at least another month and probably even more then that. despite how well they are playing, lebron and wade still dont have close to the chemistry they will in a few months.

I agree.

But in reality, you didnt have to pay a guy 15 mil to defend and rebound.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Another thing to worry about is his TS% and EFG%. They are the worst they have been since his rookie year. I thought he was supposed to have open looks because he is playing with Wade and Lebron. Maybe him playing numerous posessions without touching the ball is hurting him more than anyone could have predicted.

m26555
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I think he got one rebound in the Hornets game maybe it was the Nets game...either way
He had one rebound in two separate games. That is inexcusable. I mean, I could seriously go out there and get one rebound. You'd figure that if you're out on the floor, chances are, one rebound per game would fortuitously fall right into your hands.

But there is a reason, he likes to stay out on the perimeter and wait for a kick out. Playing away from the basket wont help you grab boards. But yes getting 5.5 boards is pretty bad. Shoot, the tallest guy on the team gets around 3 to 4 free bees a game cause he gets to stand at the front of the line for free throw attempts.
I agree, but he was able to average just under 11 boards last year with Toronto. Plus, you're speaking offensively. He's not hanging around the perimeter on defense.

shep33
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
People saying Bosh had to focus more on D and rebounding have to realize that Bosh isn't a great defender, and is not gonna have as many rebounds with Wade and LBJ on that team. He's a scorer and thats what his main strength is, and unlike Wade or Bosh he's not a playmaker. He also seems like a type of player that needs the ball to give him confidence on offense and on defense. I'm guessing he picks it up as time goes on... But i don't think he's gonna ever average 20 and 10 with the Heat and be a defensive stopper... maybe more like 15 and 7-8.

GodsSon
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Raptors were one of the worst rebounding teams ever! he was playing beside Bargnani who never rebounds...of course he got good numbers on the boards in T.O,dont know if he can do that on other teams.Evans this year in Bosh's spot is getting like 15 boards a game beside Bargnani

Yep...I think what's adding to this is the fact that many Americans and the American media just didn't follow the guy during his tenure with TO and solely looked at this statistical production. The offence was tailor made to run plays through him, and without the ball in his hands (something that LeBron and Wade take control of) he's essentially rendered useless offensively; leaving him to be a 15 million dollar role player who's supposed to just rebound and defend. Joel Anthony does that at a tenth of the cost.

m26555
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
People saying Bosh had to focus more on D and rebounding have to realize that Bosh isn't a great defender, and is not gonna have as many rebounds with Wade and LBJ on that team. He's a scorer and thats what his main strength is, and unlike Wade or Bosh he's not a playmaker. He also seems like a type of player that needs the ball to give him confidence on offense and on defense. I'm guessing he picks it up as time goes on... But i don't think he's gonna ever average 20 and 10 with the Heat and be a defensive stopper... maybe more like 15 and 7-8.
I really don't see why James and Wade, both of whom are wings, should take away from his rebounding. He is a young power forward who averaged just under 11 rebounds per game last season. He should still be grabbing boards.

m26555
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Evans has always been a phenomenal rebounder, so that's a bad example.

Patman
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM
He had one rebound in two separate games. That is inexcusable. I mean, I could seriously go out there and get one rebound. You'd figure that if you're out on the floor, chances are, one rebound will fortuitously fall right into your hands.

I agree, but he was able to average just under 11 boards last year with Toronto. Plus, you're speaking offensively. He's not hanging around the perimeter on defense.

Yeah but even last year he had a TRB% of 17.7 which isn't bad but still not up there with the elite rebounders and for his career the guy has a TRB% of 14.8. So he was never a really good rebounder and at the moment he is just bad, and rebounding should not be that effected by a Team change. He just has to give way more effort on the glass.

Rivera
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
this guy is like the EXACT opposite than Ron Artest for me

Every time Artest Speaks I love artest more and more and more

Every time Bosh Speaks latley its head scratching and bosh just STFU and play ball dont stay stupid S**T!!!

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Evans has always been a phenomenal rebounder, so that's a bad example.

Bargnani is a 7 foot center who grabs 2-7 boards a game ANY PF who plys with him will have increased rebound numbers..Evans was never that good! I stand by my example lol

Patman
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Bargnani is a 7 foot center who grabs 2-7 boards a game ANY PF who plys with him will have increased rebound numbers..Evans was never that good! I stand by my example lol

Hm Evans was an elite Rebounder before he came to Toronto never had a TRB% under 19 except for his 2nd season and 5 over 20% season all before he came to the raptors. But yeah bosh was never really good and had high rebound totals because he had enough opportunities to grab some.

Young and Stupid
11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Even though I am rooting against Heat part of me wants The Talents in South Beach to fulfill their potential just to see how good of a team they could be. Remember we've only seen something like this in the NBA two times before, this could potentially be historic.

Having said that, I just don't see Bosh being able to give the Heat what they need from him come playoff time. When I watched the Heat vs. Celtics game I didn't like the look in Chris Bosh's eyes, he looked scared and he didn't look all there. Hopefully as the team becomes more familiar with itself Bosh will become more comfortable with his role and be able to be an effective player, but I'm worried about how Bosh will perform in the playoffs. Can he handle the interior toughness that he'll face when the Heat play the league's top-tier teams, only time will tell.

It's pretty ironic that Bosh yearned for the spotlight and now it appears as if he's having trouble coping when the bright lights are on. Of course it is way too early to judge this team and evaluate Bosh's contribution, but it is something I see being an issue in the foreseeable future.

dtmagnet
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM

That's probably the lamest snap I've read on these forums, but I still laughed.

valpo34
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
the thing with his rebounding is he is not going to get as many opportunities as well. That was a fast paced team in Toronto that took a lot of threes. pace of play will be slower now. Also he is just asked to do diffrent things in miami than he did in Canada.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
the thing with his rebounding is he is not going to get as many opportunities as well. That was a fast paced team in Toronto that took a lot of threes. pace of play will be slower now. Also he is just asked to do diffrent things in miami than he did in Canada.

Total number should be different. But the percentage of rebounds he grabs should not change so much.

alencp3
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Its still too early but yeah he sucked so far
And dont forget:
''Form is temporary class is permanent''

TO to the CHI
11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Total number should be different. But the percentage of rebounds he grabs should not change so much.

There is a reason why Toronto fans have been ripping on Bosh in many ways for a while and why many indicated they were willing to let him go rather than pay the max before he left. He is a very good player, but there are significant weaknesses in his game (needing/demanding the ball, injuries, an inability to pass, and a lack of proven clutch performances or late game conversions come to mind). The Heat will be a great team regardless because they have 2 of the top 3 players in the game. But I will not be surprised if Bosh does not live up to his billing.

Personally, I will find it more interesting to see how the attitude around him changes -- both his and other people's. The heat fans (and bandwagon coalition) go into the ridiculous "u mad" thing when anyone criticizes one of the triplets, but I wonder how that will shift if/when Bosh doesn't get much much better. Similarly, I wonder if he changes his tune a little bit (especially if/when he misses the AS game).

That being said, these are just some of the reasons the Heat made the NBA more interesting this year.

Crackadalic
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Bosh gets a pass cause he is still geling with the team but Amare is being rip upon for trying to gel with a younger team and getting used to being a number one option and is averaging more boards who has better big man then the heat and no im not bashing bosh or who is better i like bosh i just wanna know why one gets a pass and the other doesnt

Jays Claw
11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I'd give Bosh a pass on offense because quite frankly, he hasn't been receiving enough touches playing alongside both Wade and LeBron. However, his rebounding needs to be pointed out. As the main big man, he's spotted an awful RB% through 7 games (9.8% per 32.1 MPG). Simply awful.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 07:53 PM
His D has been pretty decent. Just his offense is bad.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
There is a reason why Toronto fans have been ripping on Bosh in many ways for a while and why many indicated they were willing to let him go rather than pay the max before he left. He is a very good player, but there are significant weaknesses in his game (needing/demanding the ball, injuries, an inability to pass, and a lack of proven clutch performances or late game conversions come to mind). The Heat will be a great team regardless because they have 2 of the top 3 players in the game. But I will not be surprised if Bosh does not live up to his billing.

Personally, I will find it more interesting to see how the attitude around him changes -- both his and other people's. The heat fans (and bandwagon coalition) go into the ridiculous "u mad" thing when anyone criticizes one of the triplets, but I wonder how that will shift if/when Bosh doesn't get much much better. Similarly, I wonder if he changes his tune a little bit (especially if/when he misses the AS game).

That being said, these are just some of the reasons the Heat made the NBA more interesting this year.

Agree with everything you said lol

TEXASTITAN
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Which is why Bosh wasn't worth the MAX contract he got in the offseason and Miami will regret the deal if they already don't within a couple years and ship him out. Bosh has never been a big time player and would be lost in a playoff series as well he will be dealt before his contract is up no doubt about it.

Kinglorious
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, the reason Bosh isn't hauling down astronomical rebounds on the defensive end is because he is smallish (this is an obvious statement/conclusion).

Now, as a Raptor fan, I know all to well that he can get out-muscled at times on the boards. That goes for offensive rebounds as well. He is primarily an outside jumpshooter, so he's not always gunna be in the paint - facing the basket, boxing-out and so forth…

See, he half expects to get his touches on every possession, but he's not in Toronto anymore. No matter how you look at it, he's the 3rd option. He has to get closer to the rim, and try not to be that scorer like he was before.

He can get rebounds, sure, but I'd say closer to 8 per game, not 10 like last year. He was the best rebounder we had, and the year before, etc... but that's only because we had no "true" rebounders. And Reggie Evans doesn't count. He barely played last season.

If he can average maybe 16-17 PPG, and plateau at around 8 RPG, I'm sure the Heat would like that. I'd also say that those stats could get him into the All-Star game, just to keep the three of them together. Sort of like the Boston Big Three in the 2008 All-Star game.

MiamiWadeCounty
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Which is why Bosh wasn't worth the MAX contract he got in the offseason and Miami will regret the deal if they already don't within a couple years and ship him out. Bosh has never been a big time player and would be lost in a playoff series as well he will be dealt before his contract is up no doubt about it.

he took 14mill per season for 6yrs. max is like 18mill w/bird rights i believe

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Off topic but I think Bosh would have been nice on Orlando with Howard..imagine that front court..perfect fit

Byronicle
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
He'll tighten the screws eventually. Always an adjustment period. If any one players role change the most out of the three it's Boshs, IMO.

he seemed to understand his role as a backup centre to dwight howard, rebounding and playing good defense especially to the pick and role when he was on the US olympic team, how come he cant pick up his role now when arguably there is a lot less talent on the Heat than the US team?

Byronicle
11-08-2010, 08:48 PM

+ infinity lol, and the triplets dont take too kindly to criticism either even though they hyped themselves up just as badly

shep33
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I really don't see why James and Wade, both of whom are wings, should take away from his rebounding. He is a young power forward who averaged just under 11 rebounds per game last season. He should still be grabbing boards.

Yeah but you Wade is a top rebounding guard, and James typically averages around 8rpg. I dunno, I agree that he should get more rebounds, but like i said before, i think he's player that needs to get rolling offensively to get him in the mindset of rebounding. I could be wrong, but I can't find any other reason of why he isn't getting more boards. Last year he averaged what 11per game?

tcav701
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Like i said before the main thing for me is hs getting 15mil to be a role player.

The Heat could have gotten 3 role players for the same price that would be better rebounders, defenders, passers. I think Heat fans will dislike Bosh sooner than later.

Bosh is a very good player and he is in no way a liability for the Heat but his contract is devastating for their championship hopes.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM

Do people do any research before posting before posting ridiculous comments.

1) He didn't get a max because he was willing to take less for the TEAM.

2) They won't trade him within 3 year.

Where's KG?
11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
The most depressing part about this thread is on page 1......Can't believe they banned Rainbow Girl.....

dc5jdm
11-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Theirs a lot of power fowards who could avg what bosh does. maybe Lee would had been a better fit.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Theirs a lot of power fowards who could avg what bosh does. maybe Lee would had been a better fit.

hahahahahaha

Bosh is better at every category. Its not even close.

spreadeagle
11-08-2010, 09:11 PM
The most depressing part about this thread is on page 1......Can't believe they banned Rainbow Girl.....

RIP rainbow girl ....2007-2010 you shall be missed

dudeonthemoon
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM

:cricket:

Badluck33
11-08-2010, 09:13 PM
i've been screaming this since day one.

Put Gerald Wallace on the heat instead of Bosh and you have instant title contenders.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Not bad... to bad it doesn't make any sense in this situation.

justinnum1
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
i've been screaming this since day one.

Put Gerald Wallace on the heat instead of Bosh and you have instant title contenders.

:facepalm:

Jonathan2323
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Like i said before the main thing for me is hs getting 15mil to be a role player.

The Heat could have gotten 3 role players for the same price that would be better rebounders, defenders, passers. I think Heat fans will dislike Bosh sooner than later.

Bosh is a very good player and he is in no way a liability for the Heat but his contract is devastating for their championship hopes.

lol. Why dont you let the season play out until you make ridiculous statements. Im not worried about Bosh.

tcav701
11-08-2010, 09:23 PM
lol. Why dont you let the season play out until you make ridiculous statements. Im not worried about Bosh.

You missed the whole point guy...

For what they are asking Bosh to do, they could have filled that role using alot less money. In doing so, they would have additional cap room to get help at the PG and C postion (depth wise).

If you took that statement as a knock on Bosh as a player, then you lack basic comprehension skills.

Jonathan2323
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM

For what they are asking Bosh to do, they could have filled that role using alot less money. In doing so, they would have additional cap room to get help at the PG and C postion (depth wise).

If you took that statment as a knock on Bosh as a player, then you lack basic comprehension skills.

Ill take the star player over some role players. We have the role players and next year we'll be better, if there still the MLE after the new CBA.

thescore53
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
he took 14mill per season for 6yrs. max is like 18mill w/bird rights i believe

it starts at 14 mill. as u can see here his salary increases every year and up to 22 mill a year on his final year. which rounds to 6 yrs 110 million.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

tcav701
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Ill take the star player over some role players. We have the role players and next year we'll be better, if there still the MLE after the new CBA.

Bosh is a star because of his scoring ability. He is now the 3rd option and is below average in other areas and it's showing.

I understand why a Heat fan would be optimistic but there is no chance the MLE will remain with the new CBA so they are going to have to eat the contract.

My point being that Bosh's skill set is irrelevant when he's not getting the touches. He is a top scorer at his position but I'm certian you guys in Miami will wish they spent his money on a strong SUPPORTING cast needed to win a ring.

Jonathan2323
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Bosh is a star because of his scoring ability. He is now the 3rd option and is below average in other areas and it's showing.

I understand why a Heat fan would be optimistic but there is no chance the MLE will remain with the new CBA so they are going to have to eat the contract.

My point being that Bosh's skill set is irrelevant when he's not getting the touches. He is a top scorer at his position but I'm certian you guys in Miami will wish they spent his money on a strong SUPPORTING cast needed to win a ring.

You keep making ridiculous statements that have no fact to them.

Jays Claw
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
hahahahahaha

How is that laughable? Lee is very comparable to Bosh. Both players put up similar numbers all throughout last season.

2009-2010:

Bosh - (24.0 PPG, 10.8 RPG, PER of 25.0, eFG%: 52.2%, ORtg: 117 & DRtg: 111)

Lee - (20.2 PPG, 11.7 RPG, PER of 22.2, eFG%: 54.5%, ORtg: 116 & DRtg: 108)

Both are horrific defenders but statistics show that Lee is a slight downgrade when compared to Bosh. Not to mention Lee's cheap price tag.

tcav701
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
You keep making ridiculous statements that have no fact to them.

This is a seperate conversation but the MLE will be the first thing the players union gives up.

fresh prince
11-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Bosh has to realise he needs to be more of a defender rebounder then a scorer. Wade and Lebron will due the bulk of the scoring Bosh needs to lead on the glass and in the paint.

Square peg round hole. You cant make someone a defender / rebound monster. These things are in a players DNA.Its easier to make someone a scorer than the reverse. The heat can still win but they wont get over the top until they find a big who is good at doing the dirty work.

Bosh is not the answer there. He's the type of guy that seems to allow his offensive production to determine the rest of his gameI,e Reboundign and defense. Meaning even in Toronto it was rare to see Bosh have a:

12 and 15 type night

30 and 15 was more likely. 12 would more likely be accompanied by 5 boards which is what the Heat are getting now.

ldawg
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Its not Bosh fault. The game is played with one ball and they are not use to playing off the ball and doing the little things. Wade and Lebron share the load in the back court. when Wade goes to work Lebron becomes a spectator and when Lebron goes to work Wade becomes the spectator. Once in a while they will do something flashy together like an allyhoop or fancy dunk but its still only two point. No extra points for jumping higher. As for Bosh he is the spectator the whole game so he must now get his touches off dirty plays nothing is run for him, the forgotten man. Wade and Bosh should be the main option with an inside outside game Lebron needs to be the the glue guy doing whats needed and thats mostly defending the other teams sg/sf and hitting open shots the bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Pippen, James Posey etc Every great team needs a work horse. Both Lebron and Bosh game has been limited so far we all know they can put up allstar numbers but they can't do it without the ball so they have been reduce to very good role players thay can have a huge night at any time. Wade and Bosh with solid very talented role players minus the ego would have been best, 3 is a crowd. But they will win many games and a ring or two off pure talent depending on the competition. I could wrong but i don't thing they will become the best team the NBA has seen.

Jonathan2323
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Square peg round hole. You cant make someone a defender / rebound monster. These things are in a players DNA.Its easier to make someone a scorer than the reverse. The heat can still win but they wont get over the top until they find a big who is good at doing the dirty work.

Bosh is not the answer there. He's the type of guy that seems to allow his offensive production to determine the rest of his gameI,e Reboundign and defense. Meaning even in Toronto it was rare to see Bosh have a:

12 and 15 type night

30 and 15 was more likely. 12 would more likely be accompanied by 5 boards which is what the Heat are getting now.

Haslem?

netsgiantsyanks
11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
thats his problem. you wanted the exposure, you got it.

shep33
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
hahahahahaha

I agree that Bosh is better no doubt... however I made a point early this year, saying how they possibly overpaid for Bosh just to be a role player. He's the 3rd best player on that team, and say he averages 15, and 6-7... David Lee isn't better, but he could've gotten similar production, maybe 12-13 and 10 boards. Who knows maybe after talking with LBJ and Wade he takes a a paycut from his 75 mill, down to say 65 mill to play with the heat. That's about 45 mill less than Bosh. Even if they paid Lee his 75 mill that's 35 mill cheaper that Bosh. Plus on top of that, more flexibility in the future to sign other players.

Again, Bosh is terrific player, and he can easily average 20 and 10 elsewhere. But we're never gonna see that again outta him as long as he's in miami, just like we aren't gonna see LBJ put up similar amazing stats he did with Cleveland. I'm kinda upset that I don't get to see those guys put up unreal games like that anymore. But that's the sacrifice they made, they all knew someone was gonna get significantly lower production than the other 2. Like other people have said, there's only one ball, and you have to onball dominant players in Wade and Lebron already. He's not gonna get the touches that he needs to get him going in a lot of games.

Kinglorious
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Its not Bosh fault. The game is played with one ball and they are not use to playing off the ball and doing the little things. Wade and Lebron share the load in the back court. when Wade goes to work Lebron becomes a spectator and when Lebron goes to work Wade becomes the spectator. Once in a while they will do something flashy together like an allyhoop or fancy dunk but its still only two point. No extra points for jumping higher. As for Bosh he is the spectator the whole game so he must now get his touches off dirty plays nothing is run for him, the forgotten man. Wade and Bosh should be the main option with an inside outside game Lebron needs to be the the glue guy doing whats needed and thats mostly defending the other teams sg/sf and hitting open shots the bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Pippen, James Posey etc Every great team needs a work horse. Both Lebron and Bosh game has been limited so far we all know they can put up allstar numbers but they can't do it without the ball so they have been reduce to very good role players thay can have a huge night at any time. Wade and Bosh with solid very talented role players minus the ego would have been best, 3 is a crowd. But they will win many games and a ring or two off pure talent depending on the competition. I could wrong but i don't thing they will become the best team the NBA has seen.

^^ This is very true, and there's already an article out by NESN saying that Bosh's career "may suffer the most from move to Miami." Emphasis on *may.* It's a fair argument, but I think it's a bit early to start all that...

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/chris-boshs-career-not-lebron-james-will-suffer-most-from-move-to-miami.html

ink
11-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Any Raptors fan could see he was lost just by watching for a few minutes of any game so far. He needed to move on as a free agent, no doubt, but he should have made a better basketball decision for himself, then he would have been more central in the team's plans. Right now he's a fifth wheel.

Raph12
11-09-2010, 02:04 AM
If the "overrated" chants are directed at Bosh, there is merit to them after all.

Mc Lovin
11-09-2010, 02:19 AM
I said right when the big 3 signed with Miami that Chris Bosh was going to be the forgotten man out there and his stats were going to dramatically decline and he would be come disgruntled and eventually ask to be traded withing 2 years. So far he's been basically invisible and I don't think he's mentally strong enough to deal with his stats declining and I guarantee you he is going to want to get out of there at the end of the 2011-2012 season. So far I predicted he was overrated before the big 3 even stepped on the floor. I was right. I predicted he would become disgruntled because he wasn't involved in the offense enough and it looks like I might be right about that. I really think he is going to ask to be traded within 2 years especially if they don't win a championship.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-09-2010, 02:19 AM

If you took that statement as a knock on Bosh as a player, then you lack basic comprehension skills.

Lebron wouldn't have gone to Miami if Bosh wasn't there along with Wade. He would've went to NY or Chicago.

THE MTL
11-09-2010, 02:20 AM
I called that once Lebron made his decision. Bosh is now a 3rd option. Not even a sidekick and he can kiss 20-10 goodbye. I honestly thought he would maintain 10+ rebounds though. I guess not either

Mc Lovin
11-09-2010, 02:27 AM
:facepalm:

Why are you shaking your head at that. He's absolutely right. Gerald Wallace is a beast. He fills up every single part of the stat sheet. A guy like that would have been so valuable to the Miami Heat. He's like James Posey times 3.

John Walls Era
11-09-2010, 02:27 AM
I called that once Lebron made his decision. Bosh is now a 3rd option. Not even a sidekick and he can kiss 20-10 goodbye. I honestly thought he would maintain 10+ rebounds though. I guess not either

so did 80 percent of people.

wmudford
11-09-2010, 08:21 AM
my trade idea

nash+lopez for arroyo+bosh+pittman

nash/chalmers
wade/jones
lebron/miller
haslem/anthony
lopez/ilgauskus

dragic/arroyo
richardson/childress
hill/hedo/dudley
bosh/warrick
pittman/frye

tcav701
11-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Lebron wouldn't have gone to Miami if Bosh wasn't there along with Wade. He would've went to NY or Chicago.

Thats a good point.

They were all gonna play together no matter what, they've known this for 3 years lol.

CB29
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
all i know is that he's killing my fantasy pool so lighten up bosh

thescore53
11-09-2010, 09:20 AM
lebron wouldn't have gone to miami if bosh wasn't there along with wade. He would've went to ny or chicago.

he woulda went to chi but they refused to house his homies. They said if we didnt do it for jordan we're not gonna do it for you.

PHX2daDEATH
11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I know its still early but it wouldnt shock me if he was eventually dealt for a top level PG or C in a year or two,couldnt Miami use a all star at those positions more "Steve Nash"

if i were Suns GM Id say hell no to that deal..

Badluck33
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Why are you shaking your head at that. He's absolutely right. Gerald Wallace is a beast. He fills up every single part of the stat sheet. A guy like that would have been so valuable to the Miami Heat. He's like James Posey times 3.

Gerald wallace is the best guy to put around two scorers like LBJ and Wade. Not Bosh. Bosh needs the ball is and his defense is horrendous. Its being proven that there aren't enough basketballs on the court to accommodate all 3 in Miami.

Gerald Wallace fills spots, plays great defense and doesn't complain about not getting any plays run through him. That type of player compliments the Miami Heat a lot better than the type of player Chris Bosh is.....

I'll stick to my preseason prediction and say that Bosh's stats will be 13 and 9 by years end if he continues to stay with Miami Heat.

Ace33Bone
11-09-2010, 10:16 AM
IMO Bosh and James both will be complaining come end of the year if this team does not live up to expectations... and to me the root of the problem is D Wade... Wade is taking horrible shots and he is the sole reason that both of these players are not getting the touches that they deserve... LBJ has realized that he is not going to put up the same numbers that he has put up in years past because he has two all-stars/superstars that he has to keep happy and defer to... Bosh is just getting the short end of the stick because they are not running the offense through him at all... Wade on the other hand is determined to average similar numbers to years past and is determined to lead this team in scoring no matter if that means he is taking forced shots that he doesn't have to take like in years past

C-Dub
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
its too bad, cuz i like wade and bosh. bosh cant even complain tho, i think if it was him and wade without lbj thered be no problems whatsoever, but that dont matter cuz it is all 3 of them. too bad for bosh.

cbilecik
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
As a raptor fan, I find this thread extremely amusing. Bosh made his bed, now he can lay in it.

twoearl
11-09-2010, 01:02 PM
The problem ALL falls in Erik Spolstra's Lap. He needs to...

a. Decide if Wade or Bron is THE MAN. Only 1 Guy can be the dude they want to put 17+ shots a night.

b. Make Bosh the unquestioned 2nd Option. He is a Big and needs people to give him the rock to be effective.

C. Make either Bron or Wade become the 3rd option. Or the guy who does EVERYTHING. Score, Rebound, assist, defend, block shots. THis guy needs to take on the ron artest role or tayshaun prince role when thier teams won championships etc...

GOON MUSIC
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Is he the most expensive role player ever ?

ink
11-09-2010, 01:50 PM
The problem ALL falls in Erik Spolstra's Lap. He needs to...

a. Decide if Wade or Bron is THE MAN. Only 1 Guy can be the dude they want to put 17+ shots a night.

b. Make Bosh the unquestioned 2nd Option. He is a Big and needs people to give him the rock to be effective.

I think you're onto it here. But it's not that Bosh needs to be the second option, it's that A BIG needs to be the second option. Bosh is getting a lot of criticism and I don't feel a bit sorry for him really, but the biggest problem is that both DWade and Lebron need the ball and there is no physical presence in the low post. I could see the value of DWade and Bosh or Lebron and Bosh much better than having all three of them. Having two guys who demand so many touches renders a scorer like Bosh almost useless. He isn't nearly aggressive as those two and he doesn't dominate his position physically like either of those two. So right now he is floating in the high post waiting for jumpers and the occasional jab jab jab step and awkward drive to the hoop (or more to the point, trying to draw a foul). I got so sick of watching that jab step. lol. Now he doesn't get the ball often enough for people to see it. Hard to know where he's going to find his opportunities.

Rego247
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I think you're onto it here. But it's not that Bosh needs to be the second option, it's that A BIG needs to be the second option. Bosh is getting a lot of criticism and I don't feel a bit sorry for him really, but the biggest problem is that both DWade and Lebron need the ball and there is no physical presence in the low post. I could see the value of DWade and Bosh or Lebron and Bosh much better than having all three of them. Having two guys who demand so many touches renders a scorer like Bosh almost useless. He isn't nearly aggressive as those two and he doesn't dominate his position physically like either of those two. So right now he is floating in the high post waiting for jumpers and the occasional jab jab jab step and awkward drive to the hoop (or more to the point, trying to draw a foul). I got so sick of watching that jab step. lol. Now he doesn't get the ball often enough for people to see it. Hard to know where he's going to find his opportunities.

most accurate description of bosh's game.

fresh prince
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Haslem?

Haslem is 6-8.

Love his game but hes hardly big

clehmun
11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
always thought amare would have been the better fit with wade/lbj.
the ultimate finisher who doesn't need the ball in his hands to score.

Pornstar86
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM

lol hes averaging 14.4 and 5.7 now and hes lost...by midseason he should be more up to 18/8

wats funny is that everyone keeps saying that Bosh shouldnt have gotten the max..umm he didnt get the max, in fact he took like 15Mil less than he could have gotten...he took 15 mill less to play on a team as a 3rd option, because he wants to WIN......and TO was too cold for his ***

and also, i have been saying since they signed that Wade should be the first option, Bosh the 2nd...Lebron can be one of the best PG/point forwards in the game right now if they start utilizing bosh as the 2nd major option..he has the speed, passing abilitly, and abililty to break down a defense with his attack to the rim...he should be able to drive and dish to wade or bosh every single time, and still end up with 20/12/7

Rafer17
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone who goes from being a first option to a third option is going to undergo a bit of role change...i dont blame him for the confusion

ragee
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
lol hes averaging 14.4 and 5.7 now and hes lost...by midseason he should be more up to 18/8

wats funny is that everyone keeps saying that Bosh shouldnt have gotten the max..umm he didnt get the max, in fact he took like 15Mil less than he could have gotten...he took 15 mill less to play on a team as a 3rd option, because he wants to WIN......and TO was too cold for his ***

and also, i have been saying since they signed that Wade should be the first option, Bosh the 2nd...Lebron can be one of the best PG/point forwards in the game right now if they start utilizing bosh as the 2nd major option..he has the speed, passing abilitly, and abililty to break down a defense with his attack to the rim...he should be able to drive and dish to wade or bosh every single time, and still end up with 20/12/7

20 points as a 3rd option? He's averaging 20.7 now while being the first or second option! The Heat could have the best record by the end of the season but there is no way they are going to put up stats like what most a lot of heat fans are saying...

h2r09
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
people here have literally 0 perspective. the guy went from a superstar 1st option to a 3rd option. it takes time for big men to adapt to that. guys like lebron or wade can still put up their stats because their game needs the ball in their hands and they have it most often. bosh needs someone to set him up, and that will take some time to get comfortable with a team that has like 5 returning players and maybe 3 returning rotation players. stop taking things this early so seriously. he wil be up to 17-18 and 10 by years end.

Mplsman
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Bosh should have expected this. Obviously, he's the third best player on the team. Not the number 1 like before. Just do your work in the post, like Kg and shut up.

dodie53
11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
he needs to step up his rebounding and D

GodsSon
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM

You're dreaming...

So the best player on the Heat is going to be their 3rd option? And he's going to be fine with that with the big ego that he has?? Dreaming again, my friend

Jonathan2323
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
You're dreaming...

So the best player on the Heat is going to be their 3rd option? And he's going to be fine with that with the big ego that he has?? Dreaming again, my friend

I read what you wrote 3 times and i dont understand what you said, am i missing something.

Dol-Fan
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM

So true, me and my buddy always make fun of Bosh's game for that. If we're playing one-on-one, sometimes I'll sit there for 30 seconds jab-stepping him, and then drive in, flail my arms and yell like a dinosaur, making no effort to actually put the ball in the basket :p

Really though, I don't feel bad for him. He's the third option now, and he can't play that role. He needs to dominate the ball, and clear out in the high post to be effective. He is NOT a good defender, and his rebounding is only OK. These numbers were inflated because he was the only guy who could rebound in Toronto.

D1JM
11-09-2010, 06:39 PM

he did see him for 7 years. He might even know his daily routine lol

thescore53
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM

wats funny is that everyone keeps saying that Bosh shouldnt have gotten the max..umm he didnt get the max, in fact he took like 15Mil less than he could have gotten...he took 15 mill less to play on a team as a 3rd option, because he wants to WIN......and TO was too cold for his ***and also, i have been saying since they signed that Wade should be the first option, Bosh the 2nd...Lebron can be one of the best PG/point forwards in the game right now if they start utilizing bosh as the 2nd major option..he has the speed, passing abilitly, and abililty to break down a defense with his attack to the rim...he should be able to drive and dish to wade or bosh every single time, and still end up with 20/12/7

yes ur right and he never considered chicago and new york cause their also too cold for his ***. :facepalm:

it doesnt matter if its a max or not. he's still getting paid 110 mill 6 years. that is a **** load of money.

Jonathan2323
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
he woulda went to chi but they refused to house his homies. They said if we didnt do it for jordan we're not gonna do it for you.

You dont know what your talking about. The HEAT have not given any of LeBron's friends anything they cant fly with the team like they did in cleveland they dont get the other perks they did with the cavs. Windhorst the former beat writer for the cavs said this.

thescore53
11-09-2010, 07:01 PM
You dont know what your talking about. The HEAT have not given any of LeBron's friends anything they cant fly with the team like they did in cleveland they dont get the other perks they did with the cavs. Windhorst the former beat writer for the cavs said this.

im not saying miami is doing this. i think lebron thought the big three would be impossible. so he wanted to go to chicago if they gave him the perks they refused so lebron went elsewhere.

GodsSon
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I read what you wrote 3 times and i dont understand what you said, am i missing something.

You must be...

Read what I quoted and bolded, then make the correlation to what I wrote

ink
11-09-2010, 07:11 PM
So true, me and my buddy always make fun of Bosh's game for that. If we're playing one-on-one, sometimes I'll sit there for 30 seconds jab-stepping him, and then drive in, flail my arms and yell like a dinosaur, making no effort to actually put the ball in the basket :p

:laugh:

Really though, I don't feel bad for him. He's the third option now, and he can't play that role. He needs to dominate the ball, and clear out in the high post to be effective. He is NOT a good defender, and his rebounding is only OK. These numbers were inflated because he was the only guy who could rebound in Toronto.

This.

And btw, this is not a knock on the Heat. It's just observations from fans that have seen Bosh play for 7 years. Remember, in Bosh's own words, no one saw him for all that time. So it looks like he was basically signed sight unseen. ;)

thescore53
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM

dont know wat ur talking about, but that move is a thing of beauty.

Rego247
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM

exactly this is what he wanted, and this what hes getting. if he thinks hes gonna put up similar numbers like he did in T.O. then hes got another thing coming.

Pornstar86
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
20 points as a 3rd option? He's averaging 20.7 now while being the first or second option! The Heat could have the best record by the end of the season but there is no way they are going to put up stats like what most a lot of heat fans are saying...

his game is not gonna change from now, he is the main facilitator...and he does not know the offense or the timing as well as he should...so yes he can average those numbers

commonsense12
11-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I think what people may be missing is how Wade, Lebron and Bosh discussed their teaming up. Is their vision going to be much different then what they thought.

If its all about winning and the team then there should be no problems....right?

If they figured that they would still put up the stats or something close because teams would not be able to guard them, then there could be issues.

Fact is they are only averaging a little less then 100 pts a game. There is only one ball and they are prob going to lose a good 4-6 shots a game each and also a few less FTs. This will prob equate to a good 5-10 pt a game decrease in avg. Now with the decrease in stats, people are going to put others ahead of them in terms of superstars. You are going to hear Durant or whoever is the better player shortly as it has begun already in some areas and then others will follow. Wade and Lebron are prob more immune to this but Bosh will not be. I think it has already begun and if he doesnt avg 20 pts and close to 10 rebounds it could get much worse.

Now for Money. If they decided that taking 30 mill less or whatever was worth winning a few championships is worth that much less, then fine. If they also figured they would make it up in endorsements because they all would be so elite, then ok sure.

Now for the problems with that thinking. If they dont win championships, it could cause some stress and be a problem for them. Now if Bosh's stats decrease the most (which will prob happen), he could miss out on that endorsement money. If jealousy sets in and he still sees Lebron and Wade making endorsement money, it could cause a ton of friction. Its easy for us to scoff at 30 mill and for some fans to say its all about winning. LOL maybe it is but its still 30 million dollars. There is never enough money and power for people. If people thought like this there would not be billionaires and half of Hollywood would not exist. Money is the top priority for almost individuals dont fool yourself.

So frankly this story could be no big deal or it could be the beginning of the end for the big 3. I think most of it depends on how much they win and sadly i do think its going to be based on who gets theirs. I dont see Wade and Lebron taking that much less so i can def see Bosh being the odd man out.

Kind of reminds me when someone works with family or moves in with friends. So many times it turns out bad and you lose friends. We shall see if this plays out like that.

thescore53
11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
wow why would u bother posting that. so long damn when did you get bored.

jp611
11-09-2010, 07:55 PM
bosh is soft

ink
11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I think what people may be missing is how Wade, Lebron and Bosh discussed their teaming up. Is their vision going to be much different then what they thought.

If its all about winning and the team then there should be no problems....right?

If they figured that they would still put up the stats or something close because teams would not be able to guard them, then there could be issues.

Fact is they are only averaging a little less then 100 pts a game. There is only one ball and they are prob going to lose a good 4-6 shots a game each and also a few less FTs. This will prob equate to a good 5-10 pt a game decrease in avg. Now with the decrease in stats, people are going to put others ahead of them in terms of superstars. You are going to hear Durant or whoever is the better player shortly as it has begun already in some areas and then others will follow. Wade and Lebron are prob more immune to this but Bosh will not be. I think it has already begun and if he doesnt avg 20 pts and close to 10 rebounds it could get much worse.

Now for Money. If they decided that taking 30 mill less or whatever was worth winning a few championships is worth that much less, then fine. If they also figured they would make it up in endorsements because they all would be so elite, then ok sure.

Now for the problems with that thinking. If they dont win championships, it could cause some stress and be a problem for them. Now if Bosh's stats decrease the most (which will prob happen), he could miss out on that endorsement money. If jealousy sets in and he still sees Lebron and Wade making endorsement money, it could cause a ton of friction. Its easy for us to scoff at 30 mill and for some fans to say its all about winning. LOL maybe it is but its still 30 million dollars. There is never enough money and power for people. If people thought like this there would not be billionaires and half of Hollywood would not exist. Money is the top priority for almost individuals dont fool yourself.

So frankly this story could be no big deal or it could be the beginning of the end for the big 3. I think most of it depends on how much they win and sadly i do think its going to be based on who gets theirs. I dont see Wade and Lebron taking that much less so i can def see Bosh being the odd man out.

Kind of reminds me when someone works with family or moves in with friends. So many times it turns out bad and you lose friends. We shall see if this plays out like that.

I don't think they care about stats. The issue is that even Bosh says himself that he's lost out there. No wonder. It's a massive change to play beside two of the best players in the league and not get the ball the way you're used to. The question is why would he want to be in that position in the first place? Chris, we coulda told you that you'd be feeling lost right about now.

commonsense12
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
wow why would u bother posting that. so long damn when did you get bored.

??? My post or the one that got deleted?

haggis
11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
the one that got deleted. it was a troll

commonsense12
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't think they care about stats. The issue is that even Bosh says himself that he's lost out there. No wonder. It's a massive change to play beside two of the best players in the league and not get the ball the way you're used to. The question is why would he want to be in that position in the first place? Chris, we coulda told you that you'd be feeling lost right about now.

Stats are a lead in to ego. If you are dominating games you are more then likely on the stat sheet with a ton of pts, rebounds or assists. You could dominate on the defensive side but Bosh is hardly a shut down defensive player. Stats also equal money, via contract or endorsements. He left a lot of money on the table and he could have thought he would have made it up in endorsements but 15 and 5 is not going to net you tons of endorsements.

commonsense12
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM
the one that got deleted. it was a troll

ahh ok

JAZZNC
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I think it's pretty obvious now that Bosh was/is a fake "star". He was just always on a crap team playing with backups. Somebody has to get stats and he was far better than anybody on that team so that somebody was Bosh.

Just never have liked him. He seems to be a big self promoter and I just don't see him lasting with this team. He's just not the rebounder/defender they need in the post. Like I said, he's a fake star.

thescore53
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
??? My post or the one that got deleted?

the troll who got his post deleted.

truplayer199
11-09-2010, 08:45 PM
hahahahahaha

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. To say that Bosh is better at every category is one thing, but to say its not even close is absurd. You make yourself look foolish by making such a comment. :facepalm:

smiddy012
11-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, I am just spoiled, Noah makes 15 RPG look sooo easy... I didnt know it was that hard...

Also good to know I dont have to see anymore ******** top20 lists with Bosh ahead of Rose or Noah.

thescore53
11-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow, I am just spoiled, Noah makes 15 RPG look sooo easy... I didnt know it was that hard...

Also good to know I dont have to see anymore ******** top20 lists with Bosh ahead of Rose or Noah.

rose mmm maybe hell no for noah. he might be a better fit to some championship teams but he is def not a better individual player.

if rose and jono were better than bosh than they shoulda had more than one win on them last year right ?

dtmagnet
11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I think it's pretty obvious now that Bosh was/is a fake "star". He was just always on a crap team playing with backups. Somebody has to get stats and he was far better than anybody on that team so that somebody was Bosh.

Just never have liked him. He seems to be a big self promoter and I just don't see him lasting with this team. He's just not the rebounder/defender they need in the post. Like I said, he's a fake star.

So basically he's the Mike James of big men?

ink
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
So basically he's the Mike James of big men?

Ouch. I wouldn't go that far. :laugh2: He is still a very good player. Just in the wrong situation. It's all his own fault of course, but it's the situation that is making him look worse than he is.

TrueHeatFanHere
11-09-2010, 09:44 PM
80% of feeling good is looking good - hair club for men ad

smiddy012
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
rose mmm maybe hell no for noah. he might be a better fit to some championship teams but he is def not a better individual player.

if rose and jono were better than bosh than they shoulda had more than one win on them last year right ?

That was last season during the regular season, the playoffs are what matters anyways. Also, look at Rose's and Noah's stats (and play) now compared to last season... there is a pretty wide margin of improvement.

Rose is the better player than Bosh for sure, Noah maybe (and certainly in the future IMHO). Bosh is a one-trick pony who hasn't been performing his one trick as of this season. Evidently he's never been the one to work on his all-around game (or he just doesnt have one). Meanwhile Noah is currently more efficient on the offensive end and averaging more points, yet he is still somewhat raw in comparison (and in fact) offensively. As Noah develops more offense, as he has made large strides since his rookie year, and continues to be the elite defender he is, it will become clearer who the more "dominant" player is with time.

Not to mention if your a GM starting from scratch, you take Noah over Bosh in a heart-beat. Character and leadership goes a long way in building a team.

TO to the CHI
11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Should 1000 Jazz fans be in here stating that Millsap is better than Bosh? Shouldn't 1000000 Heat fans be screaming about Bosh's 17 and 9 tonight, and saying "u mad" and pretending they are getting their monies worth with Bosh?

Great comeback for the Jazz. Great game by Lebron. At least the Heat are getting their monies worth from one big acquisition. Maybe 2 if Mike Miller comes back strong.

JayHunter
11-10-2010, 03:50 AM
If anyone numbers would have dropped dramatically it would have been his. He should have known that

Bucsfan
11-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Should 1000 Jazz fans be in here stating that Millsap is better than Bosh? Shouldn't 1000000 Heat fans be screaming about Bosh's 17 and 9 tonight, and saying "u mad" and pretending they are getting their monies worth with Bosh?

Great comeback for the Jazz. Great game by Lebron. At least the Heat are getting their monies worth from one big acquisition. Maybe 2 if Mike Miller comes back strong.

who said he was better? maybe millsap played better...,,yes....is he amazin?...no...,is he good? yes

milly had a amazing night dont doubt him for that...bosh is good but hasnt played like the hype he received

btw milly makes about a 1/3rd what bosh does...and milly is only 6`8"

tcav701
11-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Chris Bosh is an absolute liability on defense.

Any team with a strong frontcourt will have a chance to beat Miami because of this.

He is going to have tougher matchups tham Milsap.

King P
11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Some of the Chris Bosh hate is unfair. If not for people overrating the heck out of him the expectations wouldn't be so high. Chris Bosh was never a top ten player in but the hype surrounding him the past few year would make you think so. Chris Bosh is a very good player but the flaws he's been showing in Miami have ALWAYS been there.

h2r09
11-10-2010, 06:30 PM
being at the game, bosh was very rarely guarding millsap.

tcav701
11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
being at the game, bosh was very rarely guarding millsap.

I would rather Bosh at the PF down the stretch with a decent defender/rebounder with size than him gaurding opposing Centers and Haslem playing PF (good defender but undersized).

His coach obviousy knows he's a liability if he didn't want Bosh guarding Milsap.

robdizzle3
11-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Ive said this for a while now..... Bosh is gonna have the toughest job, because his toiches will diminish the most and when he does get the ball, he's gotta hit, so it leaves him no time to get warm or anything..... He's gonna get about 10 or a little more touches and everybody expects him to make good with those, its not fair, but that's what you signed up for.

FetusSmasher
11-10-2010, 10:30 PM
He looks lost as far as GENERAL LIFE goes.

drobe86
11-11-2010, 04:25 AM
I think what people are failing to realize is that it doesn't matter if Bosh averages 15 or 25. All he's interested in is getting a ring. Anybody knows that if they are on the same floor with the top 2 players in the NBA bar none, your numbers are going to go down. Fact is, Chris Bosh is a dynamic player that any of the 30 NBA gms would want on their team. In fact I can make a very valid arguement that he is the best PF in the NBA. He's not getting the touches or opportunites that he was getting in Toronto, therefore he won't put up the same statistics. But we live in this society where people think its all about the numbers you put up and what a person does as an INDIVIDUAL. People completely forgot about the concept of team. How can you knock Lebron James for not wanting to go back to cleveland and beat his head up against the wall with the same sorry Cleveland TEAM? At the end of the day if and when the Heat win the NBA Title it won't matter if Bosh averaged 5 pts or 15 pts he will still have a ring, and will still have played a vital role in the Heat winning a championship. And that my friends is all that matters.....

ink
11-11-2010, 04:33 AM
I think what people are failing to realize is that it doesn't matter if Bosh averages 15 or 25.

I think what some people are failing to realize is that BOSH saying HIMSELF that he is lost has nothing to do with how many points he scores. No one is talking about points man. The player himself knows he is lost.

Antipod
11-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Don`t search for excuses mate - just PLAY !

JayW_1023
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
For a big man, Bosh plays really small. He plays more like a SF than a powerfoward...and he isn't exactly a lights out shooter like Dirk. He is more Dirk-lite.

rjvacad
11-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Bosh was the best player on the Raptors, but just average otherwise.

haggis
11-11-2010, 11:55 AM
In fact I can make a very valid arguement that he is the best PF in the NBA.

I would love to hear you make that argument...

thescore53
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
im telling you ever since he cut his dreads he's not the same.

uptownfan
11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Bosh was the best player on the Raptors, but just average otherwise.

What is it with all the hate on Chris Bosh?

redsox0717
11-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Everyone saw how successful the Celtics were in merging 3 great players onto one team, and assume that it is easy to build a cohesion and fit right into the system. The Celtics were an exception to the rule, I think. You can't expect great things to happen instantaneously when you put 3 star players from different teams on the same squad. In Boston's case, you saw right from training camp that they were going to be successful as a team, the big 3 gelled on the court as well as off the court. In Miami's case, they are friends off the court, sure, but building that on-court cohesion is proving more difficult than it was for Boston, and Bosh is serving as the scapegoat for that because he is performing the worst out of the bunch.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
he just said he can finally gets league pass in miami and never had the ''good'' cable in toronto. wow millionaire cant afford league pass or he just cant find it.

Who the hell was Chris Bosh's cable provider? More he talks the more he becomes a giant. tool.

ink
11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Everyone saw how successful the Celtics were in merging 3 great players onto one team, and assume that it is easy to build a cohesion and fit right into the system. The Celtics were an exception to the rule, I think. You can't expect great things to happen instantaneously when you put 3 star players from different teams on the same squad. In Boston's case, you saw right from training camp that they were going to be successful as a team, the big 3 gelled on the court as well as off the court. In Miami's case, they are friends off the court, sure, but building that on-court cohesion is proving more difficult than it was for Boston, and Bosh is serving as the scapegoat for that because he is performing the worst out of the bunch.

But look at the 3 players and look at how perfectly suited to their roles they were. They already had Pierce and added a super aggressive PF who plays above his weight class in the post and a HOF shooter who can also drive to the rim and doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Perfect complements to each other. Ainge got the chemistry right by selecting the players that suited their roles properly. There wasn't anything experimental about what he did, he just lucked into them being available.

rjvacad
11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
What is it with all the hate on Chris Bosh?

I don't hate Bosh, I just don't think he is as good as some make him out to be. It is just IMO, nothing else.

Southsideheat
11-11-2010, 04:48 PM
If anyone thought he was going to average 20 and 10 this year, you are delusional.

Miami is hoping to God the CBA continues to have a MLE.

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I would rather Bosh at the PF down the stretch with a decent defender/rebounder with size than him gaurding opposing Centers and Haslem playing PF (good defender but undersized).

His coach obviousy knows he's a liability if he didn't want Bosh guarding Milsap.

:facepalm: OR he knew haslem guarding a bigger badder post threat in Al jefferson was a liability so he put someone of similar height and weight on millsap and bosh on the taller pf playing center. You people come up with the worst assumptions.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
:facepalm: OR he knew haslem guarding a bigger badder post threat in Al jefferson was a liability so he put someone of similar height and weight on millsap and bosh on the taller pf playing center. You people come up with the worst assumptions.

Did you read my whole post or just the part you bolded?

If there was any confidence that Bosh could guard Milsap, why would the Heat go small with the lead against a big front court????

IF stating the coach didn't want Bosh on Milsap is an assumption, and I hope he knows Bosh is a laibility on D because everyone else in the free speaking world does, that so be it.

If that IS NOT the case, then that was very poor coaching playing small against a large frontcourt with the lead.

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Did you read my whole post or just the part you bolded?

If there was any confidence that Bosh could guard Milsap, why would the Heat go small with the lead against a big front court????

IF stating the coach didn't want Bosh on Milsap is an assumption, and I hope he knows Bosh is a laibility on D because everyone else in the free speaking world does, that so be it.

If that IS NOT the case, then that was very poor coaching playing small against a large frontcourt with the lead.

I guess u didnt read any of my response then. Its not about confidence in bosh it was the matchup. Bosh guarded Al jefferson most of the night not millsap and he did a good job (i believe he only had like 8 pts) so it it was either switch him to millsap and move haslem to guard a bigger all jefferson (a big liability) or keep it the way it is. So that assumption is wrong. It had nothing to do with the coach being condifent in bosh it had to do with bosh already doing a good job on one big and no need making a worse matchup for our other big and giving them two potential scoring threats instead of the one at the time in millsap.

And btw Bosh is 6'11 (about the same height as jefferson) and haslem and millsap are the same height also so its not a small against a large front court. i now know u have absolutely no idea what ur talking about.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Milsap could bench press Haslem.

As Big Al could Bosh.

Don't confuse height and size.

W/e though, I'm just going to wait untill tommoro because I'm fairly certian the likes of old Shaq, KG and Big Baby, who cant even take a step without falling over, are going to take a dump on Bosh.

I think Miami will win a fairly close one, but Bosh will keep the Celtics in the game.

Hoopsadvocate
11-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Milsap could bench press Haslem.

As Big Al could Bosh.

Don't confuse height and size.

W/e though, I'm just going to wait untill tommoro because I'm fairly certian the likes of old Shaq, KG and Big Baby, who cant even take a step without falling over, are going to take a dump on Bosh.

I think Miami will win a fairly close one, but Bosh will keep the Celtics in the game.

Again u have no idea what ur talking about haslem weighs like 10-13 lbs less than millsap just because a guy is bulky looking doesnt make him automatically stronger there quiet the same. And bosh had no problem handling jeffersons supposed great size/strength advantage so thats just throws ur whole thought out the window. Millsap just had a great night nothing more had nothig to do whos on him he was making shots with hands in his face. Stop trying to find a reason to blame the HEAT. First u go at bosh then the coach and now try to mix haslem into this. its sad.

mjt20mik
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Again u have no idea what ur talking about haslem weighs like 10-13 lbs less than millsap just because a guy is bulky looking doesnt make him automatically stronger there quiet the same. And bosh had no problem handling jeffersons supposed great size/strength advantage so thats just throws ur whole thought out the window. Millsap just had a great night nothing more had nothig to do whos on him he was making shots with hands in his face. Stop trying to find a reason to blame the HEAT. First u go at bosh then the coach and now try to mix haslem into this. its sad.

Lol. I read your convos back and forth. Haslem, though undersized, is a really good defender and Spo is really good coach. It's funny when people try to make their hate for the heat subtle.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 05:29 PM

You sound like Hollinger now making excuses.

I brought Spo and Haslem in this because you are aggresively defending Bosh when you should be expecting more of him. "Milsap just had one of those games" is not an acceptable reason for that loss. I assume you saw that game and I can't believe you have the balls to excuse the coaching and interior defense in that game.

All I am doing is calling out the absurd predictions all the Heat fans have made since July. You guys will continue to make excuses for the team utill season end and slowly retract all the rediculous statements that were made.

Big picture so far, Bosh is lost in that offense and his defense/rebounding has been subpar at best. I'm sure it will get better with time and there is a long way to go but at one point you are going to have to call a spade a spade.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Lol. I read your convos back and forth. Haslem, though undersized, is a really good defender and Spo is really good coach. It's funny when people try to make their hate for the heat subtle.

For the record, I never called Spo a bad coach. He took that out that's what he wanted me to say. And if you actually did read back, the FIRST thing said about Haslem was he is a good defender.

Sactown
11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
You sound like Hollinger now making excuses.

I brought Spo and Haslem in this because you are aggresively defending Bosh when you should be expecting more of him. "Milsap just had one of those games" is not an acceptable reason for that loss. I assume you saw that game and I can't believe you have the balls to excuse the coaching and interior defense in that game.

All I am doing is calling out the absurd predictions all the Heat fans have made since July. You guys will continue to make excuses for the team utill season end and slowly retract all the rediculous statements that were made.

Big picture so far, Bosh is lost in that offense and his defense/rebounding has been subpar at best. I'm sure it will get better with time and there is a long way to go but at one point you are going to have to call a spade a spade.

Lol no one could of projected Milsap hitting more three's in one game than the rest of his whole career lol 2-20 career 3/3 in one game... that was not bosh's fault lol.. and it's not bosh's fault that he had 46 points.. it is the teams fault for not boxing him out ><

Dnovakovic099
11-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Everyone knows that the Heat front court sucks. Yes, they are one of the top teams without even developing chemistry, but Bosh plain and simple sucks at his role. You know what the Heat should do. They should make LeBron come off the bench and just run pick and rolls with Bosh and Wade. Imagine that!!!! It won't happen, but LeBron against any teams second unit is just deadly. All the Heat fans that are saying it's early and that he will get it together and average 18 and 10 are delusional. They dude suck at rebounding, and 18 and 8 would not cut it. Why in the ****ing world would you pay someone as much as LeBron and expect 18 and 8. Hell I would have rather had Noah who will just gobble up boards all day or Reggie Evans and then add another shooter that is also an elite defender. Imagine this line up:

pg:LeBron
sg:Wade
sf:Mike Miller
pf:Haslem
C:Noah

with 8 million per year extra to sign someone.

tcav701
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Lol no one could of projected Milsap hitting more three's in one game than the rest of his whole career lol 2-20 career 3/3 in one game... that was not bosh's fault lol.. and it's not bosh's fault that he had 46 points.. it is the teams fault for not boxing him out ><

I've been talking about his whole body of work this season untill recently. I aslo brought up the point that he should not be playing the 5 down the stretch.

I was using one game as an example and not the reason for pretty much the whole world outside of miami's assesment of him so far.

millerandco
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
the new Rashad Lewis

tcav701
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=wallace_michael&page=heatcelticspreview-101111

Read that bro,

Haslem, Bosh and Spo all seem to agree with what I've been saying. At least they aren't making the excuses you are.

ink
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=wallace_michael&page=heatcelticspreview-101111

Read that bro,

Haslem, Bosh and Spo all seem to agree with what I've been saying. At least they aren't making the excuses you are.

I can certainly understand Haslem saying that they have to play tough but hearing Bosh say this is ridiculous. Seriously, I've watched him a long time and never noticed a single moment when he plays tough or fouls hard. It's just talk as far as he's concerned.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I can certainly understand Haslem saying that they have to play tough but hearing Bosh say this is ridiculous. Seriously, I've watched him a long time and never noticed a single moment when he plays tough or fouls hard. It's just talk as far as he's concerned.

i seen it once against kobe last year.

Jonathan2323
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I have already seen multiple interviews where Bosh has said he doesn't care about stats, he just wants to do the things that helps a team win and the things that don't always show up in the box score.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I have already seen multiple interviews where Bosh has said he doesn't care about stats, he just wants to do the things that helps a team win and the things that don't always show up in the box score.

bosh says alot of things.........

ink
11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
i seen it once against kobe last year.

Ask the Celtics how tough he is. He has wilted against them so often in his career.

It's not about stats. I thought by now that would be clear. In his own words, he's lost. He doesn't have a clearly defined role + he isn't physical enough in the low post to provide the kind of muscle needed out of a big man.

Rego247
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM

this.

I've seen it once in 7 years and im being generous, and it was against dwight howard, and foul wasnt even hard all he did was wrap him up. that is the extent to how tough and hard bosh plays.

thescore53
11-11-2010, 09:07 PM
first half last season. bosh was the man though.

Bausman
11-12-2010, 01:46 AM
I have always been a fan of Chris Bosh, and being from Toronto, I have watched about 90% of the games he's played. I'd say he is one of the best PF in the game... probably the best under 26.

I have watched that dunk by Rondo about 20 times tonight and I have come to the conclusion that dunks like that are the reason CB1 will never be 'elite'.

KG would have never let a PG walk down the lane and dunk like that... uncontested. Watch the replay and watch CB1. He was watching Rondo the whole time. Rondo dared him to block it and Bosh backed down.

Bosh is gunna have to grow a pair if the Heat are going to beat anyone in the playoffs. I havnt even watched the game highlights tonight. Just that dunk, and it angered me enough to start my first thread.

Bosh is a much better offensive player than people give him credit for, and you will see once he gets comfortable in his new role. But he will never be on Duncan or KG level because he doesnt have the heart to play D... or at least step in front of a PG.

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:47 AM

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:47 AM

DoMeFavors
11-12-2010, 01:51 AM
When did PSD become a diary?

hahahaha

John Walls Era
11-12-2010, 01:52 AM
. Mods should delete all the posts if they're moving a thread...

Heediot
11-12-2010, 01:53 AM
lolol... i thought u was gonna quote rondo on his thoughts of bosh's play.

redsox0717
11-12-2010, 01:54 AM

Time2Dieeee
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
nice knowin u bosh = (

D1JM
11-12-2010, 02:01 AM
of course bosh is going to feel lost. When you have players like both wade and lebron, 75% of your plays are going to be ISO plays.

Bausman
11-12-2010, 02:06 AM
lolol... i thought u was gonna quote rondo on his thoughts of bosh's play.

lol...my bad

hugepatsfan
11-12-2010, 02:06 AM

He should already understand that by now. Anyone w/ any BB IQ could have pointed this out the minute we knew the three would be together in MIA. If he still doesn't understand that, that's a bad sign for MIA.

drobe86
11-12-2010, 04:57 AM
PSD sports fans are really close minded individuals. Because Bosh isn't exactly tearing it up 8 games into the season people are out there saying he sucks. Thats blasphemous. Did you all think that the Heat were just going to just go out there having not played together, or really even practiced together and dominate the league? Truth is I haven't heard one Heats fan overrate their team. I'm hearing mostly fans from Eastern Conference teams and the Lakers Fans make a big deal out of every single loss. When in reality we all know that the regular season really doesn't mean anything. It's merely a tune up for what we are to see in May and June. Chris Bosh is an excellent player and your a liar if you don't thiink your favorite team would want him on their team. This guy put up astronimical numbers in Toronto. Logic says his numbers would be the one to go down playing along side Dwade and Lebron. I mean what real basketball fan didn't know that already? So why do heat haters keep saying the same things? And why are people putting so much stock into the first 8 games? According to you guys Monta Ellis is the best player in the league......

assisi805
11-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Lost?!?!? Bosh I don't think you made it down from Toronto yet.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
. I remember before I signed with Miami, it was: He’s one of the biggest free agents in this great class. But as soon as I come here, ah, he’s a third wheel. [laughs].

It’s like, Dang. Now one minute, I was considered a really highly touted free agent. Now, I’m nobody because I came here. Do we forget what was said or written months ago? It’s no big deal. but you just learn stuff about your self from stuff like that. It used to make me mad, but I had to learn not to be mad at this stuff.

-- chris bosh.

thescore53
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
. Mods should delete all the posts if they're moving a thread...

why ?

el_primo_nano
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
he looked lost out there last night:laugh:

thescore53
11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
"It’s not that. It’s the double taxes that deter players from going there. Also Bosh obviously couldn’t handle the pressure, so he had to go join two other people to help him out. Listen to what I tell you: Toronto is in the top three NBA cities for every NBA player. Trust me on that, brother".

shaq - kinda rips bosh.

Pornstar86
12-28-2010, 05:18 PM

looks like i was pretty accurate, in fact most HEAT fans were in predicting his midseason numbers...

this thread has gotten real quiet...

BOSH:
18.5 ppg
8.2 rpg
51% fg
3rd option

BALLER71
12-28-2010, 05:33 PM
leads us in defensive rating as well..

Malz28
12-28-2010, 05:34 PM
How many dumb things can one person say in the course of a season? From the comments he made about his coach needing to limit the big three's minutes earlier in the seaon so they can "chill" to now he's feeling lost??? Just shut the f up already!

Pornstar86
12-28-2010, 05:38 PM
How many dumb things can one person say in the course of a season? From the comments he made about his coach needing to limit the big three's minutes earlier in the seaon so they can "chill" to now he's feeling lost??? Just shut the f up already!

you are a perfect example of the dumbness of the average poster on PSD...this was said by Bosh like 2 months ago....if you actually read the OP you would know...but no, you read the title, and felt like responding when you have no idea of whats going on...

he was feeling lost because he didnt know the offense and didnt know the plays...now mideseason, he does..

godolphins
12-28-2010, 05:39 PM

When did he say that?

ink
12-28-2010, 05:40 PM
No need to bump old threads.