PDA

View Full Version : So does Pau finally get VOTED into the allstar as starter?

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Plain and Simple.

Robbw241
11-08-2010, 01:36 AM
no

DoMeFavors
11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Depends
Dirk or Gasol or Duncan will be voted in as the starter

Nash
Kobe
Melo
Duncan
Ming

kblo247
11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
No.

Yao will be voted in unless he isn't an option. That leaves the PF spot, which means he will compete with Dirk and Duncan who are more popular.

Should he? Yep, but it won't happen unless Yao is not in the race and he is listed as a C like Amare was.

Wade>You
11-08-2010, 01:40 AM
People love Dirk but I'd vote for him. I voted Yes btw.

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes he will be the starter because the game's gonna be in Los Angeles this year! :D

kblo247
11-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Yes he will be the starter because the game's gonna be in Los Angeles this year! :D

Kobe, Nike, and the Lakers organization would have to run a campaign to get him into that starting spot sadly because he nor Duncan and Dirk (yeah I know he plays mostly PF and shouldn't be c eligible, but they made an exception for stat last year) for that matter can't beat Yao in votes.

numba1CHANGsta
11-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Kobe, Nike, and the Lakers organization would have to run a campaign to get him into that starting spot sadly because he nor Duncan and Dirk (yeah I know he plays mostly PF and shouldn't be c eligible, but they made an exception for stat last year) for that matter can't beat Yao in votes.

I dont think Duncan will be forward eligible this year, and the forward spots will come down to between Durant, Dirk, Pau, and Melo, so as long as the Lakers keep winning and Pau keeps posting monster numbers he should be a starter

shep33
11-08-2010, 01:58 AM
He has to beat Yao, Dirk, and Duncan... which is tough and unfair. Fan's should get a limited vote IMO. Let GM's and coaches decide.

airforceones25
11-08-2010, 02:01 AM
blake griffin!:D

_KB24_
11-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Dirk in my eyes is still the best PF, and Duncan still the fan favorite. Those two would and still deserve the nod over Gasol. Pau will still most likely play the most.

hugepatsfan
11-08-2010, 02:07 AM
I think Durant and Melo will be the Fs in the west. Pau has a chance if he qualifies as a C, but Yao will probably get voted in over him.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-08-2010, 02:09 AM
does he deserve to? yes. will he? probably not.

the votes that duncan and dirk are going to recieve are gonna be ridiculously high. i dont think he makes it as a starter. i hope he does though.

lakers4sho
11-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Plain and Simple.

heh, there's that country with 1 billion people just around the corner ;)

kArSoN RyDaH
11-08-2010, 02:10 AM
forgot about Yao too. definately not gonna get it.

Bruno
11-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Yes, this is the year. CP3 is the only player whos putting up better numbers.

He's also well on his way to becoming an all-nba 1st team selection. Sad to say, but I think the Duncan/KG era is over. This is Paus time, he's heads and shoulders better than any other big through 7 games.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 02:24 AM
heh, there's that country with 1 billion people just around the corner ;)

I hope for gods sake

1 That Td is on the C list

2 MIng is NOT eligible, come on 24 mpg and not all nights? strn dont be a money *****!!!!!!!!

3 Melo is traded east once and for all.

Pau vs Durant and Dirk 2 sports

Raph12
11-08-2010, 02:26 AM
The Chinese market would definitely vote Yao first, but if Pau continues this play, I'd definitely say he's more deserving than any other center (sorry I meant PF playing C) out West.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Pau is listed as a Center so hed be voted in as a center.

jimbobjarree
11-08-2010, 02:39 AM
if he's classed as a forward I dont think he'll make it. I'd reckon KD and Melo start, with Pau 5th behind Dirk and TD. If he's classed as a center he has a very good chance.

Baller1
11-08-2010, 02:46 AM
I ****ing hate him, but he deserves it at this point.

Gibby
11-08-2010, 03:12 AM
I things he is the best PF right now and deserves to be there. It depends whether he is listed as PF/C. If he is a C and Yao Ming is eligible, no way. If Yao is not on their he will. If he is listed as a PF than i say he will over Duncan or Dirk.

I hope Yao is on the ballot and gets voted and the NBA realizes how stupid fan voting is and does something about it

kblo247
11-08-2010, 03:22 AM
I things he is the best PF right now and deserves to be there. It depends whether he is listed as PF/C. If he is a C and Yao Ming is eligible, no way. If Yao is not on their he will. If he is listed as a PF than i say he will over Duncan or Dirk.

I hope Yao is on the ballot and gets voted and the NBA realizes how stupid fan voting is and does something about it

The NBA would counter and say that without fan voting there would have been no return of Magic Johnson to give the league one of its most memorable moments.

Jenceman
11-08-2010, 03:39 AM
if he's classed as a forward I dont think he'll make it. I'd reckon KD and Melo start, with Pau 5th behind Dirk and TD. If he's classed as a center he has a very good chance.

He's playing better than all of them. He should be a starter, most likely won't be though. Don't worry, he'll still be on the team no doubt

SouljahPhil...
11-08-2010, 03:52 AM
no he won't..Yao...Durant,melo or duncan will be ahead of him in fan voting...

alencp3
11-08-2010, 05:06 AM
Vote for Blake Griffin if you wanna watch crazy dunks alley oops posters etc, what the hell can Dirk Duncan or Pau bring u?

aussie
11-08-2010, 06:02 AM
CP3/Kidd or Westbrook
Kobe/Roy
Durant/Melo(if not traded)
Dirk/Griffin
Pau/Okafor :)

Yao wont get picked

Lakerfan8032
11-08-2010, 07:00 AM
He should go as the starter but it is and always will be a popularity contest so if Spain doesn't get to voting then I assume that he will not be. But he should be.

When Yao gets voted in as the starting center again all of the ******** talk about how wrong it is will be completely justified. I just hope that the West coach (Phil probably) will bench him after a couple of minutes and leave him there. Or the Chinese get a ****in' clue and vote on performance. But plenty of Americans don't know how to vote either based on Iverson being a starter last year, which was absolutely ridiculous.

TheGoodGerman
11-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Nah, he won't. Besides the Lakers-Fans ... he isn't that popular. Even if he is playing outstanding ball atm. Over 70 games to go. A lot can happen. Wonder, why all the people with hispanic background in the U.S. don't make his starting job possible.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 07:34 AM
CP3/Kidd or Westbrook
Kobe/Roy
Durant/Melo(if not traded)
Dirk/Griffin
Pau/Okafor :)

Yao wont get picked

hahahaha are you serious? Okafor over Duncan. No Deron Williams either...

He should go as the starter but it is and always will be a popularity contest so if Spain doesn't get to voting then I assume that he will not be. But he should be.

When Yao gets voted in as the starting center again all of the ******** talk about how wrong it is will be completely justified. I just hope that the West coach (Phil probably) will bench him after a couple of minutes and leave him there. Or the Chinese get a ****in' clue and vote on performance. But plenty of Americans don't know how to vote either based on Iverson being a starter last year, which was absolutely ridiculous.

U mad? A Laker fan getting mad at a popularity contest? Lakers are easily one of the most popular teams in China. Only reason why Kobe has led the ballot each year is because of them. If people want to watch their favorite player than w.e. let them. No one had any problems when VC missed a quarter of the season and still got voted in as a starter or when Shaq gets in almost every year.

John Walls Era
11-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Vote for Blake Griffin if you wanna watch crazy dunks alley oops posters etc, what the hell can Dirk Duncan or Pau bring u?

WHAT? You don't like Duncan's fundamentally sound game, the lack of flash and the slow pace? (sarcasm)

ManRam
11-08-2010, 11:27 AM
He should. If he's a center on the ballot it will be a travesty if he isn't.

stejay
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I voted yes. Whether he will or not, is another matter entirely. He should be though

JordansBulls
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Plain and Simple.

Should have been last year. Man led LA in PER and Win Shares last year.

Hunter48MVP
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm voting Pau Gasol in as a starter. Forget Tim Duncan.

b_russ
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Yao Ming

Lakerfan8032
11-08-2010, 11:59 AM
U mad? A Laker fan getting mad at a popularity contest? Lakers are easily one of the most popular teams in China. Only reason why Kobe has led the ballot each year is because of them. If people want to watch their favorite player than w.e. let them. No one had any problems when VC missed a quarter of the season and still got voted in as a starter or when Shaq gets in almost every year.

Yeah, I am mad. I wish fans could make better decisions regarding their picks. When Kobe was voted a starter his second year in the league I knew that wasn't right and a bad decision by fans. The past few years when Iverson and Carter are voted in I just shake my head at the stupidity of the fans.

I understand it is basically a showcase for the fans favorite players to play a glorified exhibition game but at the same time the actual point of it is for deserving players to be rewarded for their good play to start the season. I think they should wait two months and then release a ballot that makes sense instead of doing it at the start of the season. At least there is the coaches vote to wrong some of the injustices that come from stupid *** fans.

tbone2171
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM
No

Rivera
11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
let me see

fans will vote for

kobe
durant
melo
yao
duncan
cp3
nash

instead of pau not sayin hes deserving but fans will vote these players ahead of pau

td0tsfinest
11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
If he keeps this up, when the ballots come out, he's my vote for that position. Will he win? :shrug:

Regardless, starting in the allstar game doesn't say much other than a lot of people know your name. Sure, occasionally the best players in the game start but we've seen plenty of times where thats not the case.

mikantsass
11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
No. The only people who will vote for him are Lakerfans, Spanish poeple, and Spanish laker fans

millerandco
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
he should be

but he wont

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Nah, he won't. Besides the Lakers-Fans ... he isn't that popular. Even if he is playing outstanding ball atm. Over 70 games to go. A lot can happen. Wonder, why all the people with hispanic background in the U.S. don't make his starting job possible.

Because hispanic and spanish is not quite the same thing.

Theres bad blood too, i mean they see us as the conquerors who wnt in their territoires and killed their ancestors raped their grand grand grand grand grnd mothers and stole their gold.

Stupid, but thats how hispanics perceive spaniards.
Wonder why americans dont perceive the english the same way ( specially since there are TOnS of indian americans in the countrys were spain was while indian americans where basically fullly exterminated wher the english were(.

Ebbs
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Dirk is playing pretty well too. It's early will see.

Slimsim
11-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Dirk gets voted Pau will be a all star though that is guarantee

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 03:07 PM
No. The only people who will vote for him are Lakerfans, Spanish poeple, and Spanish laker fans

Or unb9ased people who look at wht his numbers are being and his impact on the lakers.....

DoJoTheSlasher
11-08-2010, 03:07 PM
He would if Dirk Nowitzki wasn't an NBA player. I would put Gasol at center because Duncan is not a center and Yao is in no way better than Pau. He is the 2nd best PF in the game and will most likely be coming off of the bench. All Star doesn't matter, All NBA Teams is what matters.

mavwar53
11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
he should but its not gonna happen

Avenged
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Or unb9ased people who look at wht his numbers are being and his impact on the lakers.....

Pau definitely deserves it over any other big at the moment that's for sure.

But the starting 5 is about a popularity contest. Duncan, Yao, and Dirk still play in the league, unfortunately for Pau Gasol.

dtmagnet
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah I think he will, he's probably the best power forward in the west.

Bruno
11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Because hispanic and spanish is not quite the same thing.

Theres bad blood too, i mean they see us as the conquerors who wnt in their territoires and killed their ancestors raped their grand grand grand grand grnd mothers and stole their gold.

Wonder why americans dont perceive the english the same way ( specially since there are TOnS of indian americans in the countrys were spain was while indian americans where basically fullly exterminated wher the english were(.

Dude are you kidding me? How is it stupid? Just like us Americans, and the British, the Spanish were responsible for a massive decline in the population of indigenous Americans. I'm pretty sure the north american natives would still be pretty upset with the english and white americans...if there were any left living outside a reservation.

Sorry for being off-topic, but that's ridiculous crooner. their anger is justified.

avrpatsfan
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
He should. But I don't see it happening.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Dude are you kidding me? How is it stupid? Just like us Americans, and the British, the Spanish were responsible for a massive decline in the population of indigenous Americans. I'm pretty sure the north american natives would still be pretty upset with the english and white americans...if there were any left living outside a reservation.

Sorry for being off-topic, but that's ridiculous crooner. their anger is justified.

Extermining a little part vs Practically exterine the WHOLE of them extcept for a few that live in reserves....... yeah the sam ething.....:rolleyes:

Anyway this is offtopic so no worth discussin, i have a lot of things to strike back at thqat if you want via PM

masalex1205
11-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Way too early for this Hellcrooner, let's see how he performes

Hawkeye15
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
No.

Yao will be voted in unless he isn't an option. That leaves the PF spot, which means he will compete with Dirk and Duncan who are more popular.

Should he? Yep, but it won't happen unless Yao is not in the race and he is listed as a C like Amare was.

pretty much dude.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Pau has been arguably the best player inside in the NBA this year.

Bruno
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Extermining a little part vs Practically exterine the WHOLE of them extcept for a few that live in reserves....... yeah the sam ething.....:rolleyes:

Anyway this is offtopic so no worth discussin, i have a lot of things to strike back at thqat if you want via PM

When did I ever say it was the same thing???

I'm fully aware that the British and The U.S. took out the majority of North American natives, but the Spanish did a lot of damage in the southern Americas as well. They are comparable whether you like it or not.

For you to say their anger towards the Spanish is "stupid" is laughable, period. They're completely justified.

NBA-GMaster
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Sure why not.. but i doubt he'll win against Yao, Duncan and Nowitzki..

Hellcrooner
11-08-2010, 10:30 PM
When did I ever say it was the same thing???

I'm fully aware that the British and The U.S. took out the majority of North American natives, but the Spanish did a lot of damage in the southern Americas as well. They are comparable whether you like it or not.

For you to say their anger towards the Spanish is "stupid" is laughable, period. They're completely justified.

Did I , or my Father or Pau Gasol or Rafa nadal or King Juan Carlos kill any body in south america? anyone any of them Know and love?

theres where it gets stupid.

Is like if i go and hate on Bargnani who is italian because the romans invaded Spain and killed the Iberics and Celtics that lived here....

Public Enemy #1
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Close thread. Duncan's streak will not end because peach fuzz has a couple good games into the season. :laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
No.

C-Yao
F-Duncan
F-Durant
G-Kobe
G-Paul

AIRMAR72
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
i think he should start he always a skilled bigman on offense with a high IQ since his younger days playing for the grizzly when da team was in canada and now the states hes the reason why the lakers are better the lakers can win without kobe they play better without KOBE since gasol been on there team beside flopping and whining gasol got Mchale type skills