PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings and the Bucks not seeing eye to eye

Swashcuff
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301106015

The Bucks fell to 2-5 following a loss to the Hornets on Saturday night and guard Brandon Jennings hinted that there may be problems in the locker room.

"We just need to go out there and play basketball," Jennings said. "Anybody can talk in the locker room."

Milwaukee looked sluggish for a majority of the game and Jennings said his team could have used some of the Hornets' energy.

"It was just an ugly game for us," he said. "It's starting to get a little bit ridiculous now because every day it's like it's something -- shots not falling and we just all break down. Some people are probably not on the same page, or I don't know what it is, but it's getting a little bit annoying now.

"When things aren't going right, it just seems like the energy level goes all the way down. We have got to find something before it gets too late and it gets a little ugly."

Raps08-09 Champ
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Doesn't really say that Jennings is the problem.

He said there is a problem but it doesn't really mean he is the problem.

He probably is but we can't really assume.

Hellcrooner
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
the problem is they overachieved last year and raised the expectations.

justinnum1
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Salmons is playing terrible

sargon21
11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
jennings is pretty bad, so inefficient

Swashcuff
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM

This! Plain and simple!

kblo247
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
This! Plain and simple!

Nope. The problem is that Salmons sucks just as bad as Michael Redd did last year in the starting SG role early this season. The problem is that Salmons can't play well when it s expected of him at the beginning of the season, just like last year in Chicago. The problem is that they need a SG that can be counted on to produce with regularity, even if it means moving Delfino there and making Maggs the starter.

Sactown
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Nah they're a team that does well when they hustle.. apparently there is no hustle

Swashcuff
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Nope. The problem is that Salmons sucks just as bad as Michael Redd did last year in the starting SG role early this season. The problem is that Salmons can't play well when it s expected of him at the beginning of the season, just like last year in Chicago. The problem is that they need a SG that can be counted on to produce with regularity, even if it means moving Delfino there and making Maggs the starter.

Dude did u just read what you just said?

Isn't it as a result of Salmons "improved" play that they overachieved? Isn't that the reason why they played so well and now that he has fallen back down t earth so are they.

Thanks for backing up my point.

Sactown
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
John isn't at fault for all this >< they all look off..

D1JM
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Salmons is playing terrible

he got paid, so he doesnt have to play out of his mind no more.

D1JM
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
however, jennings is shooting .391% from 2 and .29% from three with a efg% of .437 and he is calling out other people about shooting badly?

thescore53
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
every year same thing about salmons. he play like crap to start the season. gets traded at the deadline and plays out of his mind for his new team.

Sactown
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
he got paid, so he doesnt have to play out of his mind no more.

seriously it's been 7 games.. people need to shut up..

IversonIsKrazy
11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Salmons, is one weird player. He only plays good for the first half of season with a new team; see Kings, Bulls, and now Bucks. They overachieved last year, they don't have much talent. Jennings is good with a great future, but needs to learn how to play EFFICIENTLY. They have good defense, with not a lot of offense. They can only win games if Jennings can nail the 3 ball at a efficient rate.

Bucks are not as good as their record was last year. Salmons is back to himself. He will play terrible for the rest of the year, unless he gets traded to a new team half-way through the season.

Bucks need Jennings to play efficiently, Bogut to stay healthy, and get points off their role players.

DeyAce
11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Too early to panic.

Jays Claw
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
They overachieved last season resulting into higher expectations this season. It's that simple folks. Not to mention the fact that Salmons is off to another slow start and his good ole' buddy (Jennings) is shooting .391% FG, .296% 3FG while having an ORtg of 101.

D1JM
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
seriously it's been 7 games.. people need to shut up..

Tell that to Jennings. I am not the one *****ing about the bucks

DerekRE_3
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Maybe Jennings should shoot over 40% for once in his life.

alencp3
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM

:clap:

alencp3
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe Jennings should shoot over 40% for once in his life.

:clap:

Kefman2110
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Its been only 7 games. With the exception of one game Bucks had a chance to win going into the last minute of each game. Once the shots are goin in more consistent(which will happen) they will be winning those kind of games.

Jennings is young, so he is bound to say stupid things after a loss. Chemistry isnt just there yet, but it will be.

KG2TB
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Skiles loses his team after 3 years, usually. Right on schedule.

MU and UW Fan
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Salmons also missed all of pre season and is still getting back in shape and getting his legs underneath him. He doesn't need to put up the numbers he did last year when he came to Milwaukee. They added other pieces to help score. There's a lot of new faces on this team. Just give it some time people. It's been 7 ****ing games.

godolphins
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Agree

Crackadalic
11-07-2010, 06:34 PM
bobcats had a rough 3-9 start last year and still made the playoffs bucks gonna get it together its not even half way through the month and people is crucifying the team

DoMeFavors
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
bobcats had a rough 3-9 start last year and still made the playoffs bucks gonna get it together its not even half way through the month and people is crucifying the team

Bobcats added Thomas and Stephen Jackson

Crackadalic
11-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Bobcats added Thomas and Stephen Jackson

your right about that but still its way too early to condemn a team epically if the month isnt even over yet if by mid dec there still struggling either they have to shake up the roster or there not good enough for the playoffs

CB29
11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
raptors went through this after 06-07... welcome to our world milwaukee

Sly Guy
11-07-2010, 07:17 PM

This is probably it more than anything.

magichatnumber9
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I put Salmons in the same category of Charlie V. They get payed and they decide when they want to play.

smith&wesson
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
jennings = chucker

maggette = chucker

salmons its two players. ones good, ones not. you never know which shows up.

im guessing its a chemistry thing because they look good on paper.

Bulls_fan90
11-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Skiles loses his team after 3 years, usually. Right on schedule.

Add the fact Salmons got payed and has nothing to play for, not a good sign. Bogut has been a beast though.

xxcubs22xx
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah. Milwaukee has overacheived. They don't have as much talent as people think.

It seems like they are too perimeter oriented to begin with...And coupled with bad shooting, a team can't win that way.

It probably is a chemistry thing. Salmons, Maggette, and Jennings all are pretty inefficient.

Giannis94
11-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Ftmfd

KnicksorBust
11-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Someone should have said "x2" or "this" for your post by now so I'll do it.

however, jennings is shooting .391% from 2 and .29% from three with a efg% of .437 and he is calling out other people about shooting badly?

This.

hgtiger32
11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Personally, they have to continue to learn how to play with each other. Jennings is only 20,21 so he's still VERY young. also chris douglas roberts is hurt and I think hed bring some swag to this swagger less team.

DoMeFavors
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Personally, they have to continue to learn how to play with each other. Jennings is only 20,21 so he's still VERY young. also chris douglas roberts is hurt and I think hed bring some swag to this swagger less team.

I hope your not serious...CDR was benched on a 12 win team last year. Ive watched him play he is nothing to get excited about he brings nothing, he's lazy, plays no defense, isnt consistent, is soft. He always complains on Twitter like a child and not a professional. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Avery didn't want him, the nets chose not to extend him so they signed him and traded him to the Bucks for a second rounder. There is a reason CDR nearly went undrafted in 08.

MU and UW Fan
11-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I hope your not serious...CDR was benched on a 12 win team last year. Ive watched him play he is nothing to get excited about he brings nothing, he's lazy, plays no defense, isnt consistent, is soft. He always complains on Twitter like a child and not a professional. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Avery didn't want him, the nets chose not to extend him so they signed him and traded him to the Bucks for a second rounder. There is a reason CDR nearly went undrafted in 08.

Wasn't CDR an early or mid 2nd round pick? I highly doubt he would have gone undrafted.