PDA

View Full Version : Can the Lakers challenge the Bulls Record?

_KB24_
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I know all of posters are going to say "It's early" and the Lakers are thinking of the bigger picture, not some record.....But is this Lakers team the most well-equipped and potentially most dangerous to challenege the Bulls record? This team is certainly one of the most well-balanced of the past decade. Their schedule early on is loaded with games that they should DOMINATE. What do you think?

Gene2420
11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Nah I don't think so, teams are too stacked nowadays

tr4shb0t
Will never happen. Distributing wins is more profitable for the NBA. You will see around xmas. Get the big team fans hooked, then focus on the smaller markets.

effen5
lol

Evolution23
11-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I know all of posters are going to say "It's early" and the Lakers are thinking of the bigger picture, not some record.....But is this Lakers team the most well-equipped and potentially most dangerous to challenege the Bulls record? This team is certainly one of the most well-balanced of the past decade. Their schedule early on is loaded with games that they should DOMINATE. What do you think?

no they can't

HakeemTheDream
11-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't think they have even been tested by a contender yet so it's too early to tell, maybe we'll get a better idea after we see how they do against Portland tmw

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
lakers finish with 65 wins

ManRam
11-06-2010, 04:37 PM
No. This is probably the easiest part of their schedule...and as the season goes on, they'll start to just coast a little bit to freshen up a bit for the playoffs. No reason to exert all the effort it takes to win 72 games...

They'll challenge Miami (or Orlando?) for the best record, for sure, but 72 is not a possibility.

abe_froman
11-06-2010, 04:38 PM
this is asked every year since that team,has it happened each year its been asked?

JordansBulls
11-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Well no offense, but what team that is even a playoff team have they played yet?

I don't consider Phoenix a playoff team. Also the Lakers usually always start off well because for the first month it is usually there best/easiest schedule.

Started 14-1 in 2009

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2009_games.html

Started 18-3 in 2010

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010_games.html

Started 16-1 in 2002

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2002_games.html

Hunter48MVP
11-06-2010, 04:42 PM
They will finish the season with a 82-0 record. No one will beat them.

DoMeFavors
11-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Honestly no team will ever beat that record, and Lakers wont come close.

cambovenzi
11-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I think they'll probably coast a bit sometime during the season, and there are alot of very good teams around, so i think they'll lose a few more than the bulls team.
But who knows. its possible.

Well no offense, but what team that is even a playoff team have they played yet?

I don't consider Phoenix a playoff team. Also the Lakers usually always start off well because for the first month it is usually there best/easiest schedule.

Started 14-1 in 2009

Started 18-3 in 2010

Started 16-1 in 2002

How can you not consider phoenix a playoff team? They made it to the conference finals last year and still are pretty good. Im not going to write them off b/c of a 2-3 start, with all 3 losses coming to 3 of the best teams in the league.(lakers, spurs, blazers)
GS is also 4-1 with their only loss coming to the lakers.
Even the kings are 3-2 with a loss to the lakers.

The lakers arent some fluke team. They dont need to "prove themselves".
They have won back to back finals.
Kept around all their starters, and improved the team in the offseason.
6-0 so far.

JordansBulls
11-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I think they'll probably coast a bit sometime during the season, and there are alot of very good teams around, so i think they'll lose a few more than the bulls team.

How can you not consider phoenix a playoff team? They made it to the conference finals last year and still are pretty good. Im not going to write them off b/c of a 2-3 start, with all 3 losses coming to 3 of the best teams in the league.(lakers, spurs, blazers)

6-0 so far.

Easy Phoenix isn't a playoff team now. Nash is like 36 and is the best player on the team and they pretty much don't have anyone else on that team now that Amare left.

Other than LA, you have Port, Den, OKC, Dal, Utah, NOH, SAS who are the playoff teams.

_KB24_
11-06-2010, 04:56 PM

Started 14-1 in 2009

Started 18-3 in 2010

Started 16-1 in 2002

No offense taken JB, I know the Lakers start off relatively well to start the season and you know the question is thrown around every year, but this year may be the case for it to be the most plausible.

And don't agree with the notion they haven't played a "playoff team". GSW, Houston, PHX, and Memphis are all certainly playoff contenders when it comes down to end of the season.

How much of a shot would you give them?

JordansBulls
11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
No offense taken JB, I know the Lakers start off relatively well to start the season and you know the question is thrown around every year, but this year may be the case for it to be the most plausible.

And don't agree with the notion they haven't played a "playoff team". GSW, Houston, PHX, and Memphis are all certainly playoff contenders when it comes down to end of the season.

How much of a shot would you give them?

When I say playoff teams I mean teams who for sure will make it unless they have a major injury. Those teams in GSW, Houston, PHX and Memphis only 1 of them may have a shot to make it.

Regarding LA, I say there goal is HCA throughout the Western Conference. They would worry about the east later on.

m26555
11-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't see it happening. They are a great team, but don't forget that they'll probably go through a stretch where they limit Kobe Bryant's minutes or rest him at some point to save him for the playoffs. He's not a kid anymore.

TheHoopsProphet
11-06-2010, 05:02 PM
No. This is probably the easiest part of their schedule...and as the season goes on, they'll start to just coast a little bit to freshen up a bit for the playoffs. No reason to exert all the effort it takes to win 72 games...

They'll challenge Miami (or Orlando?) for the best record, for sure, but 72 is not a possibility.

1) Take a deep breath, eat some pasta, fiber up your mind, maybe squeeze in a jerk-off sesh or two in between.
2) Mr. Mo(mentum) must never be undermined. A team like the suns last year started off real hot but then fell into the zone between mediocrity and above-average for the rest of the season. Mr. Mo, regardless because of that hot start made them dumb enough to believe that they could contend and it led them all the way to 2 wins away from a Finals berth. Mix in Mr. Mo with all-star talent? And you've got a team whose not just good, but mocha almond fudge ice cream good, they can compete for the 70 wins column.
3) Teams coast with no foreseeable goals in sight. They just want to make sure they have a good position in the playoffs, but this is only the case if they are NOT the best team in the league, and the Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers possibly are. Therefore the only competition that can drive them is not a contemporary chase with the league, but a historical chase.
4) Colby is healthy again, Paul is turning into an MVP candidate, Lamar Oden is the best rebounding/passing big man in the game and finally showing his stripes with his talent, Bill Jackson knows what it takes to win 72 games.
5) There is reason to exert effort to win 72 games, and that reason is to win 72 games to be talked about as one of the best teams of all time.
6) 72 is not possible? No Manny, its not PROBABLE. But neither is dropping 81 points, or getting the best big man in the game for two quarters and a handjob (and a fine one at that). Anythingggsss posssibleeeeeee.
7) Lastly, do you know any good recipes for pasta? Im kinda hungry, and love pasta.

redsox0717
11-06-2010, 05:03 PM
lol

Kevj77
11-06-2010, 05:11 PM
this is asked every year since that team,has it happened each year its been asked?True and the record the Bulls beat was 69 wins in 1972 by the Lakers. It took 23 years for that record to fall. The effort just isn't worth it imo for the Lakers if they can lock up HCA I think they will be more then happy with that.

Avenged
11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think so.

In all honesty I thought the Heat had a chance [they still do] but I don't think they will.

The Lakers are playing great ball, Kobe and Gasol are both playing at a high rate, and all of this without our starting center in Bynum.

They probably could, but they most likely won't. Too much competition.

IBleedPurple
11-06-2010, 06:19 PM
This thread already?

Jenceman
11-06-2010, 06:48 PM
If the lakers get close, they'll likely go for it. Main goal is just to be healthy for the playoffs though.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
nope. And why does LA get such easy opening schedules the past 2 years? Last year, their ratio of home/away games after like game 35 was embarrassing to anyone who scheduled the NBA.
But to answer the question correctly, the Lakers have no desire to go all in and win 72 games, with their superstar having 1400 games on his knees, and coming off surgery.
They will win enough to win the west. That is all they care about.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't think so.

In all honesty I thought the Heat had a chance [they still do] but I don't think they will.

The Lakers are playing great ball, Kobe and Gasol are both playing at a high rate, and all of this without our starting center in Bynum.

They probably could, but they most likely won't. Too much competition.

as I have said since the Heat aligned, they won't be at their peak for 2 years, when they finetune around the big 3. I didnt think they had a chance this season. 65 wins for the Heat is what I expect. In 2 years, 72 may be attainable.

SouljahPhil...
11-06-2010, 07:25 PM
no chance...this team would win 58--65 games...

Hawkeye15
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM
1) Take a deep breath, eat some pasta, fiber up your mind, maybe squeeze in a jerk-off sesh or two in between.
2) Mr. Mo(mentum) must never be undermined. A team like the suns last year started off real hot but then fell into the zone between mediocrity and above-average for the rest of the season. Mr. Mo, regardless because of that hot start made them dumb enough to believe that they could contend and it led them all the way to 2 wins away from a Finals berth. Mix in Mr. Mo with all-star talent? And you've got a team whose not just good, but mocha almond fudge ice cream good, they can compete for the 70 wins column.
3) Teams coast with no foreseeable goals in sight. They just want to make sure they have a good position in the playoffs, but this is only the case if they are NOT the best team in the league, and the Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers possibly are. Therefore the only competition that can drive them is not a contemporary chase with the league, but a historical chase.
4) Colby is healthy again, Paul is turning into an MVP candidate, Lamar Oden is the best rebounding/passing big man in the game and finally showing his stripes with his talent, Bill Jackson knows what it takes to win 72 games.
5) There is reason to exert effort to win 72 games, and that reason is to win 72 games to be talked about as one of the best teams of all time.
6) 72 is not possible? No Manny, its not PROBABLE. But neither is dropping 81 points, or getting the best big man in the game for two quarters and a handjob (and a fine one at that). Anythingggsss posssibleeeeeee.
7) Lastly, do you know any good recipes for pasta? Im kinda hungry, and love pasta.

What was the Lakers record last year before they went on an actual road trip? 32-9, with 15 road games versus 26 home games. How on earth do you think the Lakers, while trying to rest their all star SG, coming off surgery, with 1400 games on his knees, are going to win 72 games?
There is NO reason to exert effort to win 72 games. If they do that, Bill Jackson and co. know they won't have enough left for the playoffs.

So, your cute post at an actual response is most likely for naught.

h2r09
11-06-2010, 07:35 PM
at 100% going 100% for every regular season game of course they can, but they wont.

shep33
11-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Like many laker fans as myself, I don't really think we can. That record is gonna stick for a long time. The west is way way too tough... literally 10 good teams out west that can beat you any night. That year the Bulls won 72, the east was fairly weak, only 2 other teams won 50+ games in the eastern conference... The Magic with 60 and the Pacers with 52, the rest had 47 wins or lower. But still, that Bulls team was ridiculous. Lakers aren't even healthy yet, so we haven't seen them reach their full potential either. But they're not looking to win 72, just to be healthy going into the playoffs is more important.

hotpotato1092
11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Honestly I think they'll explode out to some insane record like 27-2 or 26-3 and then go all out on christmas day... And then stop caring. I think they want to prove their point to Miami, and then coast for the playoffs. This is Phil's last go 'round and Kobe is in it for the rings and he knows this is his best shot to catch Michael before the Heat get another offseason to retool, they won't risk that chance for anything. To recap, they explode out of the gate, win on christmas day, then stop caring.

shep33
11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
nope. And why does LA get such easy opening schedules the past 2 years? Last year, their ratio of home/away games after like game 35 was embarrassing to anyone who scheduled the NBA.
But to answer the question correctly, the Lakers have no desire to go all in and win 72 games, with their superstar having 1400 games on his knees, and coming off surgery.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with scheduling conflicts in LA... later on in the season LA gets long tough road trips so it all evens out. Gotta remember their are 2 NBA teams that play at Staples, plus award shows, events, etc. later on in the year cause this to happen. I actually think its a disadvantage for LA. They always get like a 9 game road trip, and play like 13 outta 15 on the road during some stretches. Like I said though, i mean realistically it all evens out.

Khalifa21
11-06-2010, 07:49 PM
No... The Lakers haven't been faced with a tough opponent yet. They will falter. That 72 win record is way out of reach. A 6-0 start against quite a lot of weak teams means nothing.

BuddhaMONK
11-06-2010, 08:09 PM
They will finish the season with a 82-0 record. No one will beat them.

Raptors almost did, lost by 6 points (with our 1st round draft pick injured). If the refs had called a fair game they wouldh have lost. Shanon brown got away with goal tending and two travels, pau gasol got away with a push off which led to a layup, kobe got a shooting foul when reggie tied him up and he wasn't in the act or bonus, Awful reffing. Even your own play-by-play guys were saying this.

Kevj77
11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
They get a lot of home games to start the season is because of scheduling conflicts at Staples center. They have to go on a long road trip towards the end of the year because of award ceremonies like the Oscars. Plus they share Staples with the Clippers and Kings hockey team. Think of it like the Spurs rodeo road trip or Bulls circus road trip, but longer. It evens out the have 41 home games like everyone else.

Missing56&33
11-06-2010, 08:41 PM
No....the Lakers are a complete replica of last years championship team. Granted they are good but it did take 6 games to get pass OKC and 7 games to get pass the Celtics.....so they are not super extraordinary this year. The 72 win Bulls team was one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

Supreme LA
11-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't think the Lakers even care to break the 72 game win record to be honest. It's not a goal for that team and if it was, then I definitely believe they have a chance at challenging it. They are certainly built for it, with the bench, and the team they have. It just isn't a priority.

Also, the Lakers always seem to relax half way through the season, and we can never really tell how good they will be until after the all-star break when their defense starts to become a focus.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to do with scheduling conflicts in LA... later on in the season LA gets long tough road trips so it all evens out. Gotta remember their are 2 NBA teams that play at Staples, plus award shows, events, etc. later on in the year cause this to happen. I actually think its a disadvantage for LA. They always get like a 9 game road trip, and play like 13 outta 15 on the road during some stretches. Like I said though, i mean realistically it all evens out.

no doubt it evens out. But as last year proved, reading into a 32-9 record with such a disparity in home vs away games will get you nowhere, I guess that was my point. Many Laker fans refused to admit the schedule they were given early had a lot to do with their runaway record. And then when the Lakers had to make multiple road trips over the second half of the season, the losses came.
What I am getting at is, 5-0 with 78 games left to go is great and all, but not indicative of how they will finish

nstachowski
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Naaa, I think there are just too many good teams for a team to do that. Kobe will also probably take some nights off as the season goes on to stay healthy for the playoffs. Championships are more important to him than the wins record.

RapOZo
11-07-2010, 01:33 AM

Started 14-1 in 2009

Started 18-3 in 2010

Started 16-1 in 2002

yo!, sorry my man, this doesn't have anything to do with the thread or even the website but look, i started learning english not long ago and that little part right there got me very confused!!
when you said "it is usually THERE best/easiest schedule"
is that incorrect and you didn't even notice? or you did it purposely because is an acceptable way to indicate possession?
I thought it was wrong, but since I've seen by your posts that you are very educated brings me back to being confused,
somebody please help!!

lakers4sho
11-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Nope. And crazy as it sounds, Phil Jackson might be even telling [ or not telling them directly, but subliminally in the sidelines ] to lose a few games here and there.

KG2TB
11-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Can they? Yeah, sure. I don't think they will though. I'm guessing 62-66 wins for the Lakeshow.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-07-2010, 02:05 AM
i think its possible. the lakers have the lowest amount of back to back games in the NBA (15) 14 now that they already had one. lakers are deep. last year the problem was injuries and the bench. this year bynum is injured and our bench is deeper but LO is stepping up. i can see us leading the NBA with the best record. its going to be those road games against elite teams we are going to have to watch out for. and those games we always lose to teams like charlotte. its possible especially the way Kobe is playing and distributing the rock.

of course everyone is going to say no though. game for game, lakers should be favored and should demolish everyone. but this is never the case. theres always trap games. but nonetheless i can see them doing it. this is one of the deepest teams ive ever seen and whats crazy is were not even full strength.

mohye
11-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Can they? Yes

Will they? No

If winning 72 games won them a championship then yes they would win 72 games but it doesnt. They only care about winning the final game of the year..thats what us Laker fans are used to...

JRisdabest
11-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Lmao! This is def. In the top 10 worst thread of the year

GoatMilk
11-07-2010, 02:23 AM

because there's always events at Staples the 2nd half of the season
Grammys in February, Pac 10 tourney in march
they get a ton of road games later on

look at it this way, they get easy opponents now, and all the hard ones down the stretch.

everybody plays everybody in the NBA. this isnt college or the NFL
i hate this schedule talk

JiffyMix88
11-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Can the Hornets beat the Bulls record?

TylerSL
11-07-2010, 02:29 AM
i think its possible. the lakers have the lowest amount of back to back games in the NBA (15) 14 now that they already had one. lakers are deep. last year the problem was injuries and the bench. this year bynum is injured and our bench is deeper but LO is stepping up. i can see us leading the NBA with the best record. its going to be those road games against elite teams we are going to have to watch out for. and those games we always lose to teams like charlotte. its possible especially the way Kobe is playing and distributing the rock.

of course everyone is going to say no though. game for game, lakers should be favored and should demolish everyone. but this is never the case. theres always trap games. but nonetheless i can see them doing it. this is one of the deepest teams ive ever seen and whats crazy is were not even full strength.

dude, Boston is deeper than you guys. At best the Lakers are a 57-63 win team.... You are just being a homer

THE MTL
11-07-2010, 02:40 AM
They have a rather easy schedule thus far. Also, it has been SAID, that Kobe wont be playing through all these injuries and will be getting "rest" towards the end like "san antonio" does.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-07-2010, 02:54 AM
dude, Boston is deeper than you guys. At best the Lakers are a 57-63 win team.... You are just being a homer

boston is not deeper than us. at the 5 they are but 1-4? no.

blake, barnes, brown have been beasting it. and the way LO is playing Bynum might be an addition to our bench. so yes, we have the best bench. we are the deepest team. im not being a homer.

Sadds The Gr8
11-07-2010, 02:57 AM
uh....no.

_KB24_
11-07-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy into that crap that "1400 games on Kobe's knee" and them "not giving it all" and just going for the WCF. Do you guys actually think that guys as competitive as Kobe and Fish would not give it their all for every single game they played? :eyebrow:

These guys are going to go out and try to win every single game, and this year they have a legit shot at CHALLENGING the title. The amount of depth we have right now is ridiculous. Mitch deserves Executive of the Year over Riley for coming up with the most well-balanced team.

Baller1
11-07-2010, 03:44 AM
It's obviously possible, and I'm not going to completely remove it from the realm of possibility, but I really don't see it happening.

I don't think the Lakers will even finish with the best record in the league (I stand by my prediction of a starter, specifically Kobe or Pau, missing significant time).

kArSoN RyDaH
11-07-2010, 03:45 AM
kobe has played that many games because hes trained for it. i hate that 1400 games on your knees thing too. when you work out as much as kobe does it has no effect on you. look at TO. guy is old as hell *football age* and is still ballin because he takes care of his body

TylerSL
11-07-2010, 01:34 PM
kobe has played that many games because hes trained for it. i hate that 1400 games on your knees thing too. when you work out as much as kobe does it has no effect on you. look at TO. guy is old as hell *football age* and is still ballin because he takes care of his body

and youre not being a homer??????

LA_Raiders
11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
They can, but they wont. HCA is the goal, and if it is 72 so be it...

TylerSL
11-07-2010, 01:45 PM
boston is not deeper than us. at the 5 they are but 1-4? no.

blake, barnes, brown have been beasting it. and the way LO is playing Bynum might be an addition to our bench. so yes, we have the best bench. we are the deepest team. im not being a homer.

ok here is how Boston is deeper
Rondo>>Fisher
Allen<<Kobe
Pierce>Artest
KG<Gasol
Perkins>Bynum (when/if he is healthy consistently he might be better)
JO<LO
Robinson<Blake
West<Barnes
Shaq>Ratliff
Daniels=Brown
Wafer>Vujacio
Davis>Caracter

Thats 6-5-1 for Boston. Its close but IMO I say Boston is deeper than LA. They are the deepest teams in the league easy.

John Walls Era
11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
lol no way. They aren't really blowing teams out like the Bulls did. Its a small sample size, but the Lakers aren't winning by as large a margin as the Bulls.

Bulls Game Log: LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1996_games.html)

JayHunter
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Heelllll No

Kobes a Killer
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Umm are you high?? Daniels = Brown no way buddy Brown>>Daniels by far, do you even watch laker games? Cause I watch both teams and Shannon Brown helps his team more than Marquis. Brown is more athletic and a better shooter/cutter/slasher by far

Kobes a Killer
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
You also said it's close between the lakers and celtics for deepest team really close, then right after you say Boston has the deepest team by far which makes no sense really... And by the way Orlando and Dallas are pretty deep as well

DoubleDragon
11-07-2010, 02:15 PM
lakers finish with 65 wins

My guess, 68 W

1-800-STFU
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Every single year some **** makes this thread, every single year whoever makes it looks like a complete *** at the end of the season. This year is no exception.

DoubleDragon
11-07-2010, 02:23 PM

no bias here:facepalm:

57 wins? topping at 63?:facepalm: that's a joke prediction right?
64-68 is about right.

Boston has a great team, a deep team, but we;re not playing Boston or the Heat 15 times in the regular season.

You're saying the Lakers will have a worse record than the previous 2?

I'll have whatever you're drinking:D

Mojitos perhaps?

_KB24_
11-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Every single year some **** makes this thread, every single year whoever makes it looks like a complete *** at the end of the season. This year is no exception.

Says the guy with jiggly puff in his sig.....:rolleyes:

Their may have been 6 decent responses in this whole thread. Thanks to those who actually answered the question.

Avenged
11-07-2010, 02:36 PM

At best? a 57-63 win team is one of the best teams in the league if not the best. Last season, no team went past 61, so I'll take it as a fan.

With that said, I don't think any team this season challenges the Bulls record. There's just too much competition for that to happen. Either way though, if the Celtics are deeper than the Lakers, then the Lakers are deeper than the Heat. Which would leave the Celtics with the higher chance to grab the record, and we all know that isn't happening.

1-800-STFU
11-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Says the guy with jiggly puff in his sig.....:rolleyes:

Their may have been 6 decent responses in this whole thread. Thanks to those who actually answered the question.

Someones jealous.

IDB Josh M
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
No. The Lakers are a team where complacency sets in now and then, and they also have to rest up their starters and core players. You have Fisher who needs to save up energy for the playoffs, Kobe who needs to keep his minutes down, and Pau and Odom who risk getting burned out (Odom has played non-stop since the World Championship, and Pau the center of the offense).

The only way Lakers challenge the Bull's 72-10 record is if the bench and the garbage time players really step up their game, and the bottom feeders of the league are really crappy. Nobody ever mentions that in 1995-1996 season, there were two expansion teams, Toronto and Vancouver. The Bulls also had the scoring champion and the rebounding champion on the same team.

No offense to the Lakers, but the league is too damn good for anyone to go 72-10. This season has the best worse team in the league.

J4KOP99
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Knowing the Lakers they will most likely coast into the playoffs finishing with anywhere from 58-63 wins... I could see them getting around 65-68 if they really want to but I doubt they reach the 72 win mark.

Bruno
11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
ok here is how Boston is deeper
Rondo>>Fisher
Allen<<Kobe
Pierce>Artest
KG<Gasol
Perkins>Bynum (when/if he is healthy consistently he might be better)
JO<LO
Robinson<Blake
West<Barnes
Shaq>Ratliff
Daniels=Brown
Wafer>Vujacio
Davis>Caracter

Thats 6-5-1 for Boston. Its close but IMO I say Boston is deeper than LA. They are the deepest teams in the league easy.

How could you give the Perkins Bynum matchup to Perkins, sighting Bynums injury as the reason, when Perkins is dealing with a serious injury issue himself? That's the only reason they picked up Shaq and JO. Bynum is better than Perkins healthy, and for the sake of this matchup, it should be an =.

Also, how do you justify ranking Wafer higher than Sasha? This year neither has contributed anything. Last year, Von Wafer didn't play in the NBA. Sasha scored the final two free throws in game 7 of the finals. All in all I think the depth is about equal, but the two best players (Gasol/Bryant) are on the Lakers. IMO, this is the year the younger Gasol clearly passes any of the big three in impact and dominance.

Crackadalic
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
No nobody can touch that bulls record that team is legendary at most 65-67 wins but there not breaking it

saintdrew
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
No nobody can touch that bulls record that team is legendary at most 65-67 wins but there not breaking it

^ This.

:sigh:Ughhh... I was waiting for some homer to start this thread.

This thread -----> :puke:

shep33
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Gonna say 60 wins even... They'll rest guys here and there, and not really worry about anything else other than being healthy.

ChiSox219
11-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Their schedule gets hellish late in the season. Kobe's not getting any younger either.

Also, traveling from LA to the East coast isn't as easy as traveling anywhere from the Midwest.

masalex1205
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM

righttt

5ass
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
righttt

what do you mean? orlando had the second best record last season with 59 wins, cleveland had the best record with 61.

BeantownBill
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
The Lakers are a great team with a lot of talent, and have to be considered favorites to win it all again. That being said, the team already has it's share of injuries and will continue to see them. Kobe has logged a lot of miles and isn't stupid, he'll pick his spots and be ready to defend the crown come playoff time. I just don't see that record as being something that matters to them. There's just too much parity across the league now, both in the East and West, for this to be considered seriously. My answer is no.

pd1dish
11-07-2010, 07:57 PM

6-0 so far.

the argument isnt if they are a proven team when it comes to contending for the #1 seed or winning the championship. the argument is if they are going to break the regular season win record. if they are going to do that, then it is a requirement that they beat teams like the suns, warriors, and kings. they better sweep those teams if they are trying to hold the record. the kings and warriors have some young talent, but they lack depth and experience. the suns are a good team and probably a playoff team but are in no way a contending team.

when the lakers are beating up on san antonio, portland, dallas, and some of the top teams in the east, i will then say that they are a possible threat to the Bulls' regular season win record.

DrDEADalready
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
there is no way the lakers even come close to breaking that record. or anyteam for that matter. It will never be broken, just like the all time steals and assist record set by John stockton. A record that will never be broken

TylerSL
11-07-2010, 08:45 PM
At best? a 57-63 win team is one of the best teams in the league if not the best. Last season, no team went past 61, so I'll take it as a fan.

With that said, I don't think any team this season challenges the Bulls record. There's just too much competition for that to happen. Either way though, if the Celtics are deeper than the Lakers, then the Lakers are deeper than the Heat. Which would leave the Celtics with the higher chance to grab the record, and we all know that isn't happening.

Yea I didnt mean to make it sound like 57-63 wins isnt alot, that will still be IMO #1 in the West. And yes both Boston and LA are deeper than Miami I never even brought them up. With that said I think Miami still has better record than Boston by the end of the season because we all know Boston doesnt give 2 ***** about the regular season.

MickeyMgl
11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Probably not. The league's not diluted enough. By 1996, the NBA had six expansion teams that were less than ten years old - two that were in their 8th season, two in their 7th season, and two that were in their FIRST season. THIS, as much as anything else, is the secret to the Bulls' dominance that season.

I mean, they were the best team, but the 72 wins had a lot to do with the league having expanded by more than 25% in less than a decade. In the meantime, there was not yet a major influx of foreign talent. There were a handful of foreign players. Today, they're about 20% of the league, filling out the talent pool that had been diluted through rapid expansion.

So, no, I'm not counting on it. The season's too long, too.

justinnum1
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
lol...no

JordansBulls
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Let's wait till halfway thru the season for a thread like this.