PDA

View Full Version : Nash might become available if suns keep struggling

spreadeagle
11-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I saw this a mile away,I knew Hedo would sink them and Frye and Lopez couldnt replace Amare...made a thread before the season bout this and was told by many Nash would never be traded:rolleyes:
CHICAGO -- There are new rumblings out of Phoenix if the Suns falter, Steve Nash will on the trading block.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and Amar'e Stoudemire would give their left lung to reunite with the veteran playmaker. Nash lives in SoHo in the summer and has given vibes about being intrigued about ending his career as a Knick.

Steve Kerr, the former Suns president who worked last night's Knicks-Bulls game for TNT, said he feels the Knicks wouldn't have the pieces to land Nash. For that matter, he feels they couldn't land Carmelo Anthony, either.

"In that situation where you want to start over, maybe rebuild, you got to get draft picks and the Knicks don't have any. They gave them to Houston," Kerr told The Post before the Knicks' 120-112 victory. "I don't see what you put together on that roster that makes sense for Phoenix. Or Denver."

Kerr, who quit in June to go back to TV, said he can foresee Phoenix moving forward with a Nash trade if it believes it can't win now.

"Nobody's untradeable," Kerr said. "I know a year ago no way we would've considered that. But if a team struggles and looks like it won't be a playoff team, they have to consider all their options. But you can't just do it for the sake of doing it. You have to hit a home run. The reality is I don't see any deal put together for those two teams."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/nash_might_become_available_9NJXSZdMNcO8FR9cs1I0NI #ixzz14Q1sUMwW

Silent
11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
It would be smart to bulid for the future but they would have to rape any deal to get the pieces they want for nash

Mile High Champ
11-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I really hope Nash does go to another team with a legitimate chance to win an NBA title. He deserves that opportunity but I don't ever want to see him play for the knicks. That's the last thing I want to see..

Hunter48MVP
11-05-2010, 10:58 AM
He better not be traded to the Heat. Magic and Trail Blazers could be interested, but I think he will stay put for now. I think he will be traded in the offseason and near the 2011 NBA Draft.

ManRam
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
He better not be traded to the Heat. Magic and Trail Blazers could be interested, but I think he will stay put for now. I think he will be traded in the offseason and near the 2011 NBA Draft.

There isn't a single thing the Heat could offer that would be enticing enough. Don't worry- that won't happen.

HOZ THE KNICK
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
mike dantoni have to be licking his chops.......because if the knicks get him he dosen't have to coach

Mile High Champ
11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
There isn't a single thing the Heat could offer that would be enticing enough. Don't worry- that won't happen.

My thoughts exactly. I bet the Magic could offer a packing starting around Nelson or Vince's expiring contract. I think Nash would look awesome in Orlando.

spreadeagle
11-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Orlando for sure...Hedo and Nash For Nelson,V.C's expiring and picks...:D

Mile High Champ
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
mike dantoni have to be licking his chops.......because if the knicks get him he dosen't have to coach

Knicks are not going to get Nash. They just tied up all that cash into Felton. I don't see a trade happening where Nash ends up with the Knicks.

thescore53
:speechless: the knicks !!! then they can trade for barbosa,diaw and marion.

daleja424
Nash to the Knicks, Felton to Miami, Gallo-Chalmers-Anthony to Phoenix

:D

dodie53
11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
does nash have a no trade clause?

hotpotato1092
11-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Hope he does get a chance to win, he deserves it.

HOZ THE KNICK
11-05-2010, 11:12 AM
he has a home in ny if he was on the block i bet he ask for that destination.

awmathewsjr
11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
NY sound ideal but I think he would put Atlanta over the top. Not to mention it would be great to see him reunite with Joe Johnson.

TheHoopsProphet
11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
In the bible, it says its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. Well, the bible has never heard of mr stan nash. Not only could he fit basketballs through 7 foot wingspan arms and the legs of human giants, he could fit camels through needles, airplanes through honey nut cheerios, and blue whales through goldfish bowls. But maybe the bible was right about nash being rich, and being curse to live in the reigns of hell (Pheonix, AZ) for all eternity for making all that cash. But maybe this is what he wants, to be a ruler in hell then a server in heaven. God bless you stan nash, and godspeed.

HOZ THE KNICK
NY sound ideal but I think he would put Atlanta over the top. Not to mention it would be great to see him reunite with Joe Johnson.

well nash to amare was 1 of the best pick and roll duo in the league, he got most of his assists from that play.

spreadeagle

Josh Smith for Nash?????

TheHoopsProphet
11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Dont the knicks already have ramon falcon at the pg? And if the knicks wanted nash, they'd probably have to trade Dingo Gallinari or Chandler, both are great players. I think you subtract more then you add trading for nash. If nash goes anywhere, he goes to the blazers for greg odom and rudy francisco.

Voodoo Alchemy
11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
In the bible, it says its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. Well, the bible has never heard of mr stan nash. Not only could he fit basketballs through 7 foot wingspan arms and the legs of human giants, he could fit camels through needles, airplanes through honey nut cheerios, and blue whales through goldfish bowls. But maybe the bible was right about nash being rich, and being curse to live in the reigns of hell (Pheonix, AZ) for all eternity for making all that cash. But maybe this is what he wants, to be a ruler in hell then a server in heaven. God bless you stan nash, and godspeed.

sorry but i didn't understand a damn word you said

TheHoopsProphet
11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
sorry but i didn't understand a damn word you said

its okay, I forgive you, just work on your comprehension skillz and keep your eyes open during english class! things will get better for you buddy

D1JM
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM

so? Every other guy has a home in miami. Knicks dont have draft picks and the suns would want draft picks.

Raph12
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
At 38 with his contract?... How many teams are willing to touch that?

Gibby23
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
At 38 with his contract?... How many teams are willing to touch that?

He is 36 and his contract is up after next year.

Raph12
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
He is 36 and his contract is up after next year.

Seriously? Damn he's not looking very good for 36... Didn't he recently sign a 3-yr extension?

beasted86
11-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd honestly like to see Nash in ATL somehow. Running the break and doing the things Bibby seems to have forgotten how to do as a PG.

Don't have any ideas on a trade package though.

Gibby23
11-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Seriously? Damn he's not looking very good for 36... Didn't he recently sign a 3-yr extension?

Ya, I think last year was the 1st year and this is the 2nd.

Mikey Roxx
11-05-2010, 12:36 PM
If we seriously have to trade Nash, then I'd send him to Orlando for Nelson, Anderson, and two 1st-rounders. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to New York, but aside from Gallo, there isn't really anyone there that I'd like to have, and they don't have picks to give, either.

RaiderLakersA's
11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm still trying to understand why Nash signed that extension in the first place...aside from the obvious salary increase.

king4day
11-05-2010, 01:04 PM
My thoughts exactly. I bet the Magic could offer a packing starting around Nelson or Vince's expiring contract. I think Nash would look awesome in Orlando.

I'd almost take Vince's expiring and change if it would mean unloading Turks contract too.

If we dealt him to the Knicks, we'd need in return, Douglas and Randolph. That way we have a new backup PG and a PF with star potential. I'd actually be OK with this. If anyone thinks this is unfair, then you don't realize how much Nash means to Phoenix. Not just on the court. He does a lot more for the city than any player that's passed through during his time here and he's the reason people go to the games.

Rivera
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
:pray: please someone NICE come to orlando

comeone nash please come to orlando

someone get traded to orlando!!! :(

Chacarron
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Orlando for sure...Hedo and Nash For Nelson,V.C's expiring and picks...:D

That would be good for Orlando, except Hedo hasn't been his old self. But Nash with Howard is something to :drool: for.

Bravo95
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
:pray:

gcoll
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
It's been 4 games. Our early schedule is not kind, and we're in an adjustment phase.

Give it at least 20 games before we start talking about this sort of thing.

Raph12
11-05-2010, 01:58 PM
We're not taking Hedo back, he's lazy, out-of-shape and playing with a laissez-faire attitude. It's like we said, if he get's paid, he might be content to just lay back and let loose... You don't get Nash and Hedo on the same team, both are ballhandlers, it won't work out.

I'd be okay with Nelson-Bass for Nash and something...

Raph12
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Nash to the Knicks, Felton to Miami, Gallo-Chalmers-Anthony to Phoenix

:D

So Nash and Yao are going to Miami?... Damn Riley sure is something. :rolleyes:

Stunner
11-05-2010, 02:11 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25cgt9c and picks sent to the Suns.

gcoll
11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25cgt9c and picks sent to the Suns.

If the Suns have to give up Nash, they'll do so begrudgingly. They aren't gonna throw a young player (Clark) in on top of it.

thescore53
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
So Nash and Yao are going to Miami?... Damn Riley sure is something. :rolleyes:

what part of nash to the knicks didnt you understand ?

king4day
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Josh Smith for Nash?????

I'd rather have Horford. They can have Hill too :)

king4day
11-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Done and done

king4day
11-05-2010, 02:36 PM
If the Suns have to give up Nash, they'll do so begrudgingly. They aren't gonna throw a young player (Clark) in on top of it.

Clark won't be a Sun next year, so if it needs to be done to make salaries match then so be it.

Raph12
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
what part of nash to the knicks didnt you understand ?

If Nash wants to win a ring, he'd better tell mgmt to stay away from NYC... And btw, I was being sarcastic, every thread about a potential star on the block and the Heat fans think they can get them for virtually nothing.

Baller1
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Called this a while ago. I knew the Suns were gonna be nothing this year.

John Walls Era
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Heat. He won't even be a liability on D.

thescore53
11-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Lakers.

godolphins
11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Now Knicks fan will get their hopes up for no reason, as they did with Lebron, Wade and what they will do when Wall, Rose, Melo and Paul become available.

numba1CHANGsta
11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
A lot of teams pretty much have a legit PG on your team already, this may be difficult to pull off, maybe the Hawks can make a play with Josh Smith's contract

DerekRE_3
11-05-2010, 04:07 PM

I did that in the psd NBA sim league. Got back to back titles that way. Nash and Dwight just wouldn't be fair.

dtmagnet
11-05-2010, 04:54 PM

It's a trade, not free agency. He will not be traded to New York...

gcoll
11-05-2010, 06:04 PM
It's a trade, but the trade would be at the behest of Nash, so he would have some leverage on where he wanted to go.

AI4MVP
11-05-2010, 06:05 PM
if this continue the way they it is, then the knicks are the team i want a deal to go down with. two reasons:

1)I love New York, and it would be easy for me the root for Steve Nash in New York. Theyre already my second favorite team.

2) http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=38547h9

i would also somehow try to get Toney Douglas involved in that deal, which shouldnt be super hard for the Knicks since theyll already have a point guard rotation of Nash and Felton to back him up, and i dont trust Janning to be a full time backup to Dragic

king4day
11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Called this a while ago. I knew the Suns were gonna be nothing this year.

You have a 50/50 shot at being right. Nothing to gloat about.

Slimsim
11-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Now Knicks fan will get their hopes up for no reason, as they did with Lebron, Wade and what they will do when Wall, Rose, Melo and Paul become available.

:mad: off

ugafan
11-05-2010, 07:48 PM
If the Hawks could get him without trading Smith, that alley-oop tandem would be unstoppable. :drool:

drew_ellis_23
11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Blazers should offer up Oden

tcav701
11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Orlando, Atlanta, Clippers, Blazers seem likely suitors to me.

More-Than-Most
11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Nash on Orlando wouldn't be fair... He would look amazing though.

falas78
11-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Wonderful. Share a website with you , ( *****************************) Believe you will love it. Accept paypal or credit card and free shipping.

I like this site very much

===== ***************************** ====

jordan air max oakland raiders $3439;

Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25;

Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25;

gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35;

coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36;

coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18;

====== ***************************** ====

Duncan = Donkey
11-05-2010, 09:03 PM
So someone who is no longer part of the Suns Front office speculates Nash might be traded...its considered news. LOL.

Absolute Ridiclious.

Nash will only be traded if he ask to be.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Hedo and Nash for Nelson and Vince

C-Howard
PF-Rashard
SF-Hedo
SG-Peitrus
PG-Nash

HoopsDrive
11-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Nash and D12 would be :drool: though

believeinNYK
11-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I'd like to see him go to a contender if traded, preferably in the west though, east has gotten tougher in the offseason

Evolution23
11-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Nash is overrated. Hes nothing without Amare and now the whole world is seeing it!

KDM1986
11-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Nash is overrated. Hes nothing without Amare and now the whole world is seeing it!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.":facepalm:

Slimsim
11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
"better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.":facepalm:

x2

Don't give these Guy ammunition. They already hate us.

Nirvanaskurdt
11-06-2010, 01:07 AM
if this continue the way they it is, then the knicks are the team i want a deal to go down with. two reasons:

1)I love New York, and it would be easy for me the root for Steve Nash in New York. Theyre already my second favorite team.

2) http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=38547h9

i would also somehow try to get Toney Douglas involved in that deal, which shouldnt be super hard for the Knicks since theyll already have a point guard rotation of Nash and Felton to back him up, and i dont trust Janning to be a full time backup to Dragic

LOL @ Currys Per at -1.8 hahaha :laugh2:

Nash wont be an easy trade.. he is our franchise player after all. It will take young players and picks and maybe an expiring contract :)

Raph12
11-06-2010, 01:12 AM
If he wants to win a ring, come to O-Town, but he's got to try and sway MGMT to pull that move. He's a class act and deserves a ring, plus with only 1 more year left on his contract, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

td0tsfinest
11-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I would love to see Nash in a Magic uniform. Lobbying alleys to Dwight and finding Rashard open for the jay. It would definitely give the Magic the playmaker they need.

heyman321
11-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Lol that's a good one. You should seriously be a comedian. More like Amare is nothing without Nash and the whole world is seeing it. That's right, I went there.