PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA change its playoff format?

kArSoN RyDaH
11-05-2010, 02:43 AM
The way they have it set up the 8 best records in each conference get to enter the playoffs. Records are what place you in your respective seed. There is absolutely no point of having divisions. I think it should be like the NFL where the top teams from each division should have the top seeds regardless of record, putting an emphasis on divisional play. I dont see the point of being at the top of your division and winning it if you are going to end up being the 4th and 5th seed in the playoffs. The way the NBA is set up there is absolutely no point of having divisions. Anyone else agree? I think this could be good for the league. Possibly change up the schedule a little bit having each team play their division opponents more than other teams within the conference.

I think its something the NBA should look into. If not changing the schedule at least put some importance on winning the division because it makes absolutely no sense for a team to win the division if they will be a 4th or 5th seed. I say each division leader, by record, be placed in the top seeds accordingly.

Yes or No?

Sadds The Gr8
11-05-2010, 02:50 AM
top 16 teams would be intense.