PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James wants to join Team USA in 2012

John Walls Era
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
LeBron James has made another decision: He wants to be an Olympian again.

The Miami Heat forward said Thursday that he would "love to be a part" of the 2012 U.S. men's basketball team at the London Olympics and help defend the gold medal the Americans won in the Beijing Games. And if U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski wants him back, James says he's just a phone call away.

"Coach K has my number. I have his number," James said. "If he needs me, I'm there."

LINK (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/04/lebron-olympics.ap/index.html)

John Walls Era
11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
A team with KD, Kobe, Dwight and now maybe Lebron. On paper this team would be unstoppable.

More-Than-Most
11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
:clap: Congrats on a quick non televised decision lebron :D

godolphins
11-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Another Lebron thread

dfritz03
11-04-2010, 09:18 PM

See it's not so bad, is it?

NYKalltheway
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
A team with KD, Kobe, Dwight and now maybe Lebron. On paper this team would be unstoppable.

hehe just like the 2006 with Lebron, Melo, Paul, Dwight, Wade, Hinrich, Johnson etc :D

northsider
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
It would be a good way to win back some of the haters.

iggypop123
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
kobe announces he is in. lebron feels the need to say "hey im important too guys. im in!"

Master Mind
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
kobe announces he is in. lebron feels the need to say "hey im important too guys. im in!"

Or maybe a journalist asked him? :shrug:

:eyebrow:

stawka
11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Or maybe a journalist asked him? :shrug:

:eyebrow:

Na, it couldn't be. It HAS to be related to Kobe :rolleyes:

That said, I'll probably be the one getting my post deleted

carter15
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
hehe just like the 2006 with Lebron, Melo, Paul, Dwight, Wade, Hinrich, Johnson etc :D

:confused:

ManRam
11-04-2010, 10:05 PM
He's so selfish!

CLASSOF72
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Another top level decision? Go LeWanda go.

Chacarron
11-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I wonder what Lebron would have said had Kobe not already committed.

lakerboy
11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Taking his talents to team USA.

Korman12
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Good.

Knowledge
11-04-2010, 10:51 PM

But didnt Dwight Howard commit before Kobe?

Im pretty sure after someone in the media asked Howard, the LA media felt the need to ask Kobe, and then the media moved on to Lebron. Eventually their will be a thread that Chris Paul wants to join the 2012 team too.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Why am I seeing Kobe's name?

He said he wants to join the Olympic team in 2012. He said that after the 08 Olympics he would love to do it again.

Hoopsadvocate
11-04-2010, 11:02 PM
OMG how dare he what an egotistical bastard he just taking the easy way out to win a gold medal if he was really a competitor hed join another countries team and lead them to a gold medal. He should never be mentioned as one of the greats now cause they did it by themselves and never joined up with other greats to win a gold medal. What a selfish/cheating/quiting/pathetic excuse for a basketball player/person.

You know what i hate team USA now too, americans are not worthy enough fans, and all his teammates including kobe,durant, howard are cheats and egotistical bastards too. HAHAHA but o well they will never win anything anyways.

Hellcrooner
11-04-2010, 11:03 PM
yes please, more egos, can someon convince kg, iverson and shat to joint eh team to ENSURE their downfall.!!!!!!!

Sox72
11-04-2010, 11:08 PM

He wouldn't have said anything. LeBron is a follower. He needs someone else to make a decision first.

THE_FLASH_21
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
It would be a good way to win back some of the haters.

wont happen

LionsFan..LOL
11-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I hate LBJ as much as anybody else but come on this hate is just stupid. He said he is willing to play and represent his country that is all he said and people are blowing it up like he held a TV special to make this decision.

OnslaughtXX6
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
OMG how dare he what an egotistical bastard he just taking the easy way out to win a gold medal if he was really a competitor hed join another countries team and lead them to a gold medal. He should never be mentioned as one of the greats now cause they did it by themselves and never joined up with other greats to win a gold medal. What a selfish/cheating/quiting/pathetic excuse for a basketball player/person.

You know what i hate team USA now too, americans are not worthy enough fans, and all his teammates including kobe,durant, howard are cheats and egotistical bastards too. HAHAHA but o well they will never win anything anyways.
epic post

xabial
11-04-2010, 11:19 PM
**** You LeBron. You missed your chance with Team USA at the FIBA Championships. We dont Need You.
Other Players played to represent their country, despite the Long NBA Season. You arent the only special one because you had a whole summer dedicated to you.

IndiansFan337
11-05-2010, 12:01 AM
**** You LeBron. You missed your chance with Team USA at the FIBA Championships. We dont Need You.
Other Players played to represent their country, despite the Long NBA Season. You arent the only special one because you had a whole summer dedicated to you.

Do you think Colangelo & Coach K are really going to say no thanks to the likes of LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Howard, Paul, Deron Williams, etc since they all skipped the FIBA Tourney last summer? I don't think so.

I am not happy with LeBron right now either, but let's be realistic here....He's going to be on the Olympic team if he is healthy. As will the others that I listed & probably even a few others who skipped last summer's FIBA tourney.

I would be surprised if more than 4 of the players from last summer's FIBA tourney are on the Olympic team in 2012. Durant is the only certainty (if healthy).

JRisdabest
11-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Bron bron

CLASSOF72
11-05-2010, 12:16 AM

The point is that LBJ has to wait until a known closer(game winner) joins the squad before he makes the decision to play, so that he isn't continuously revealed for the don't look to me down the stretch guy that he is, so he can make his billion dollars.
Oh, and say what you want about us Americans and our social revolutions

DreamShaker
11-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Don Johnson told him to do it.

Hoopsadvocate
11-05-2010, 12:28 AM
The point is that LBJ has to wait until a known closer(game winner) joins the squad before he makes the decision to play, so that he isn't continuously revealed for the don't look to me down the stretch guy that he is, so he can make his billion dollars.
Oh, and say what you want about us Americans and our social revolutions

:facepalm: It was all sarcasm i was posting the same stupid things and reasons everyone choose to hate lebron when he went to the HEAT. Maybe now u'll realize how misplaced those criticisms are.

xabial
11-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Do you think Colangelo & Coach K are really going to say no thanks to the likes of LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Howard, Paul, Deron Williams, etc since they all skipped the FIBA Tourney last summer? I don't think so.

I am not happy with LeBron right now either, but let's be realistic here....He's going to be on the Olympic team if he is healthy. As will the others that I listed & probably even a few others who skipped last summer's FIBA tourney.

I would be surprised if more than 4 of the players from last summer's FIBA tourney are on the Olympic team in 2012. Durant is the only certainty (if healthy).

Its Not Fair. They Won The World 2010 Worlds Gold Medal , Led By Durant, and a young U.S. Team filled with Young Studs They Can do it again. They did it without LeBron,Dwight,Bosh,Wade,Carmelo or any other Highly Talented but still Ego-Filled Players.
A U.S. Team filled with Stars doesnt always equisite to Success. This isnt the Dream Team. Feels more like the 2004 Olympic Team that Won the Bronze.. (Which also had Widely Known Names). The only one i would make an exception to is Maybe Kobe, Becuase he has the God-Given Talent of Exceeding in the clutch and he helped us win the 2008 Olmypic Gold Medal.

Hawkize31
11-05-2010, 12:55 AM
A team with KD, Kobe, Dwight and now maybe Lebron. On paper this team would be as good as the Heat.

Fixed

Kevj77
11-05-2010, 01:06 AM
How do we know that coach K hasn't talked to LeBron about this before he commented? Kobe committed to 2012 when he was a guest on coach K's radio show. Coach K might be looking for people to commit right now instead of in 2011.

John Walls Era
11-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Fixed

Well played sir.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-05-2010, 01:25 AM
makes sense. Kobe committed so Lebrons ego couldnt help him from committing too. Seeing as how Kobe was getting publicity for it everywhere.

Raph12
11-05-2010, 01:56 AM
I'd rather he stay out, no offense, but I want to see a bigger frontcourt, maybe with Dwight and Love or Dwight and Lopez. If Lebron and Durant/Melo are in the starting lineup, one will play PF and that hurts us... Lebron guarding either Gasol when we play Spain won't be pretty.

Voodoo Alchemy
11-05-2010, 05:18 AM

or he may still decide to have a televised special, hosted by cheryl miller on his intention to play for the women's national team.

Gibby23
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
But didnt Dwight Howard commit before Kobe?

Im pretty sure after someone in the media asked Howard, the LA media felt the need to ask Kobe, and then the media moved on to Lebron. Eventually their will be a thread that Chris Paul wants to join the 2012 team too.

Wrong. Kobe was on Coach K's radio show. Coach K asked Kobe about it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Kobe-Bryant-tells-Mike-Krzyzewski-he-will-play-in-2012-Olympics-if-he-is-wanted-110210

The Lakers guard was a guest on Krzyzewski's SIRIUS XM radio show Tuesday when the Duke coach asked Bryant about London.

''You guys want me there, I am there and I'm ready to defend,'' Bryant said. ''And then when you guys need me to put some points on the board I'll do that, too.''

ManRam
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
And again, everyone is showing how willing they are to pile anything and everything on a star player. LeBron could sneeze in the presence of a 6 year old and forget to cover his mouth and it probably would be a hate-filed 40+ post thread in this forum.

I wish I had the capacity for nonsensical hate like it seems most everyone else does.

We seriously just need to move on. He was asked, and he answered. It's about the time people start expressing their interest. You guys wouldn't bash anyone else for ever saying this; just LeBron. And that's just so childish.

rickshaw
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Its Not Fair. They Won The World 2010 Worlds Gold Medal , Led By Durant, and a young U.S. Team filled with Young Studs They Can do it again. They did it without LeBron,Dwight,Bosh,Wade,Carmelo or any other Highly Talented but still Ego-Filled Players.
A U.S. Team filled with Stars doesnt always equisite to Success. This isnt the Dream Team. Feels more like the 2004 Olympic Team that Won the Bronze.. (Which also had Widely Known Names). The only one i would make an exception to is Maybe Kobe, Becuase he has the God-Given Talent of Exceeding in the clutch and he helped us win the 2008 Olmypic Gold Medal.

yeah because kobe is wayyy clutcher than lebron

xxdc2tegxx
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM

It's not fair but life isnt fair...sticking to be being realistic-- the big names from beijing are going to play and im assuming besides durant from the FIBA team this past tournament...noone else is a shoe in.

If you think about it Rose-Westbrook-Rondo all have a slim chance of making it which is rediculous but...Deron and CP3 have it locked up.

RaiderLakersA's
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
LeBron James has made another decision: He wants to be an Olympian again.

The Miami Heat forward said Thursday that he would "love to be a part" of the 2012 U.S. men's basketball team at the London Olympics and help defend the gold medal the Americans won in the Beijing Games. And if U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski wants him back, James says he's just a phone call away.

"Coach K has my number. I have his number," James said. "If he needs me, I'm there."

Maybe I spend WAY too much time around lawyers, but I didn't read into it that LeBron committed per se, but that he's willing and eager to play, if asked. Coach K asked Kobe, so naturally LBJ would wait for a similar invitation, albeit clearly saying that he's interested in representing the USA. Very gracious and well-played. Perhaps LeBron's public relations skills are improving by leaps and bounds after all. (Sorry, no backhanded compliment intended.)

8kobe24
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
He was asked, and he answered, it just so happens that it was after Kobe made news making the same commitment, no biggie...Really, lebron does not deserve all this attention.

Minimal
11-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Ohh cmon stop the hate, just watch some good mix from 2008 Olympic US Redeem Team and enjoy, we will see it again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYshrdH8CU

alencp3
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Guards:Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, John Wall, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade
Forwards:Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony
Centers: Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez

jiggin
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
But does the United States want this douche representing our country?

If he duck tapes his mouth shut and doesn't go out on the town to party...he would be a perfect representative. He should communicate only with his basketball skills, shutting up the remaining time.

he is good at basketball but bad at just about everything else that has been made public.

PS - his PR manager should be flogged, tattooed and hung. He and LBJ are ruining his legacy...and it may be beyond repair.

What is the point being a superstar if everyone hates you because of how you act? Barry Bonds would be an example of a fallen star because of off the field (court) issues.

Only being remembered for being a douche only makes you an all-star douche in the end.

DCB/LAL
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Good...it'd be nice to see all them go for gold a second time.....

And whats up with the hate here on Lebron...you'll be cheering for him and TEAM USA when he's on the court, you should want the best team that TEAM USA can put out there and having Lebron makes team USA a better team so dont hate....just like having Kobe, Dwight, Wade etc...

godolphins
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
He's so selfish!

:facepalm: I guess that's why he wanted to be the only star player on he's team and sign for the max salary instead of taking a paycut.

DCB/LAL
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
:facepalm: I guess that's why he wanted to be the only star player on he's team and sign for the max salary instead of taking a paycut.

I think he was being sarcastic.

godolphins
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

I just read this
He's so selfish!

Raps18-19 Champ
11-06-2010, 03:27 PM
You people are still hearbroken about Lebron?

He's a top 5 player in this league. He's going to go on the team.

Khalifa21
11-06-2010, 05:20 PM
You people are still hearbroken about Lebron?

He's a top 1 player in this league. He's going to go on the team.

Fixed.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Fixed.

I think he is the best too but I didn't want a debate between Kove and Lebron again.

jiggin
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I think he is the best too but I didn't want a debate between Kove and Lebron again.

who is this Kove kid you speak of?

:facepalm:

John Walls Era
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Kevin Love or Kobe.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM

:rolleyes:

nstachowski
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Guess Lebrons taking his talents to London

Raps18-19 Champ
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
But does the United States want this douche representing our country?

If he duck tapes his mouth shut and doesn't go out on the town to party...he would be a perfect representative. He should communicate only with his basketball skills, shutting up the remaining time.

he is good at basketball but bad at just about everything else that has been made public.

PS - his PR manager should be flogged, tattooed and hung. He and LBJ are ruining his legacy...and it may be beyond repair.

What is the point being a superstar if everyone hates you because of how you act? Barry Bonds would be an example of a fallen star because of off the field (court) issues.

Only being remembered for being a douche only makes you an all-star douche in the end.

How does he have offcourt issues?

The only issue tied up to Lebron is that 2010 crap and all anti Lebron fans hating. Sure he could have done it better but it's done. Hell people are hating because he went to a team with Bosh and Wade and start hatong because they are a threat to othe teams.

You also talk about how he apparently parties too much and talks too much. Yet I never seen him lash out at anyone considering all the abuse he gets from Clevelanders alone and other team fans like Lakers, Celtics, Magic, etc. I also have never heard anything about Lebron partying too much.

He should only play basketball and shut up the rest of the time? I guess athletes can't have a social life?

And even with the apparently "bad things" he has done, doesn't mean he'll be ated forever. Look at Kobe, he's gone through some off court stuff but he's still one of the most loved athlete in the world. Just give it time. By the end of Lebrons career, only people that would hate on him are Clevelanders and the people who wanted him to fail.

Missing56&33
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
looking forward to us bringing home the gold in 2012.

LayZbone
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
And again, everyone is showing how willing they are to pile anything and everything on a star player. LeBron could sneeze in the presence of a 6 year old and forget to cover his mouth and it probably would be a hate-filed 40+ post thread in this forum.

I wish I had the capacity for nonsensical hate like it seems most everyone else does.

We seriously just need to move on. He was asked, and he answered. It's about the time people start expressing their interest. You guys wouldn't bash anyone else for ever saying this; just LeBron. And that's just so childish.

Good post.

Then saying top 2 would've sufficed lol. Just giving u a hard time.

TylerSL
11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I think alot of players in 08 will play again IMO this is the 2012 team USA roster
PG.CP3
SG.Kobe
SF.Durant
PF.Lebron
C.Howard
6.Wade
7.Melo
8.Johnson
9.D-Will
10.Tyreke
11.Bosh
12.Boozer

That roster would not lose

John Walls Era
11-07-2010, 03:30 AM
I think alot of players in 08 will play again IMO this is the 2012 team USA roster
PG.CP3
SG.Kobe
SF.Durant
PF.Lebron
C.Howard
6.Wade
7.Melo
8.Johnson
9.D-Will
10.Tyreke
11.Bosh
12.Boozer

Give the young guys like Curry and Rose a chance. Maybe Wall too... :)

The Raven
11-07-2010, 03:38 AM
He shouldnt be invited....the bastard

John Walls Era
11-07-2010, 04:50 AM

He will.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
PG.CP3
SG.Kobe
SF.Durant
PF.Lebron
C.Howard
6.Wade
7.Melo
8.Johnson
9.D-Will
10.Tyreke
11.Bosh
12.Boozer

Boozer will not make Team USA again. I doubt Johnson makes it too. You also missing guys like Rondo who would kill with his defense.

C-Howard, Bosh
PF-Lebron, Carmelo
SF-Durant,
SG-Kobe, Wade
PG-Paul, Williams, Rondo

With 2 remaining spots available. I suspect Rose will be there along with a big man for insurance.

If it is Rose, Bryant will play majority of his time at SF spot after Durant meaning he won't play much SG leaving the minutes to Wade and Rose splitting the minutes.

The PG position is where the time will be hard to split.

alencp3
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Griffin will make the team i can bet on that

jasondrobinson
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
maybe he'll take his talents to brazil and snub usa

Jaji
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Taking his talents to... London? :eyebrow:

Jaji
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM

:laugh2:

justinnum1
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
PG.CP3
SG.Kobe
SF.Durant
PF.Lebron
C.Howard
6.Wade
7.Melo
8.Johnson
9.D-Will
10.Curry
11.Bosh
12.Griffin