PDA

View Full Version : Durant Can't Handle It and is Overated

jkcronyn
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Durant we all know puts the smile on, says the right thing, signs the contract extension when Lebron dips on his city. However I've always felt that Durant might be a little overrated. Lets face it if Kobe, Lebron, Wade, any great scorer in the NBA could put up Durant's numbers if they had the kind of team Durant has around him. With the looming emergence of Westbrook and the pressure on him this year I think he'll score 25 and pick up 7. I get that he can score at will but so can 10-15 players in the NBA they just aren't asked to do it or need to to support their team.

In addition I understand he's a refreshing kid by doing all the right things but I think its a lot of his manager sitting behind him going "hey say this" or "this might look good". When Dwight Howard is the same type of guy and is just himself. He signed a contract extension and he is the face of his franchise but doesn't need to say "oh wait up i want these people on the cover of sports illustrated" it's just sugar coating and I'm sick of it.

td0tsfinest
11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
He's been definitely struggling with his shot and is turning the ball over quite a lot. The 0 for 10 from beyond the arc against the Clippers was a :speechless: moment. But the season is still young. I know people are going to use an excuse such as being tired after playing in the World Championship but I think he's just in a little slump right now.

He's probably also pissed that Elite got cancelled.

Piizrich
11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Nah, I think Durant will be one of the greatest when it's all over.
You think he won't produce the same numbers if he had another superstar around him. Oh wait, what did he do when USA won World Championship?

el_primo_nano
11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
failure of a thread

Bruno
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Everybody is gunning for him now. He's no longer flying under the radar. He'll get use to all the double and tripple teams soon enough. The great scorers always do.

AIRMAR72
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Nah, I think Durant will be one of the greatest when it's all over.
You think he won't produce the same numbers if he had another superstar around him. Oh wait, what did he do when USA won World Championship?

numbers dont lie taking high volume shots with poor percentage his never a good sign when you call a player great westbrook is better all around baller

thatmediadude
11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
^^ Agree. Dude is like 22 years old. Geez. Not everyone can have a 30/10/10 night.. GOtta be kidding me.

show34
11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I aint even a durrant fan until he signs with the lakers in the future having said that. You must be really on that bap if this man is overrated he is the next big thing so please stop hating

jon32
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
failure of a thread

x2.......im ad at myself for even entering this thread

Mc Lovin
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
numbers dont lie taking high volume shots with poor percentage his never a good sign when you call a player great westbrook is better all around baller

That could be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on these forums. Westbrook is not even close to Kevin Durant skill wise. There isn't too many players in the NBA that are on Durant's level. Lebron, Kobe, and maybe Wade but I would take Durant over Wade but I'm sure a lot of people would take Wade first. Durant is 6'10' and a better shooter than Lebron, Kobe, and Wade. He's off to a slow start but when he's hitting his shots he's basically unstoppable. How can you stop a guy that tall? You put a SF on him he just shoots over him all day. Put a PF on him and he blows by him all day.

Raph12
11-04-2010, 08:02 PM
So your saying a 22 yr old with a scoring title and only getting better is a bust huh?... Which asylum did you get released from again? I think they need to have their license revoked.

ink
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Little early to say anything, and there isn't much to this thread in the first place. If you want to make a case about Durant, please do that, but there is no substance to this.