PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time REDRAFT 2nd Round PO: 2) Golden State Warriors v. 6) Minnesota Muskies

Mile High Champ
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Every once in a while, the fantastic and committed users of PSD participate in the NBA All time redraft. Players that were eligible to be drafted must have played in the 1980-81 or beyond. The intention of this rule was to ensure that PSD community had better knowledge of the players being drafted and voted on. Please take the time to look over the players and the teams and vote for the better squad. We thank you for your time as your votes are important to determining an NBA ALL Time Redraft champion.

Please evaluate each player based on how well they played in their prime; injuries have no bearing on this game what so ever. Most of the GM’s have taken the time to create a clubhouse with stats for their player which is based on each player’s best s 3 consecutive seasons.

2) Golden State Warriors v. 6) Minnesota Muskies

Golden State has homecourt advantage

Warriors Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14918292&postcount=25)
Muskies Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14912784&postcount=8)

Warriors Depth Chart
PG: Allen Iverson/ Otis Birdsong/J ohn Paxson
SG: Reggie Theus/ Jeff Malone/ Reggie Theus
SF: Ron Artest/ Jim Paxson/ Ron Artest
PF: Horace Grant/ Terry Cummings/ Horace Grant
C: Shaquille O'Neal/ Dale Davis/ Raef LaFrentz

Muskies Depth Chart
Starting 5:
PG- #13 Mark Jackson
SG- #23 Michael Jordan
SF- #22 Bernard King
PF- #44 Dan Issel
C- #45 Rik Smits

Bench:
SG- #30 Dell Curry sixth man
PF- #6 Kenyon Martin
PG- #3 Steve Francis
SF- #10 Wally Szczerbiak
C- #35 Chris Kaman
C/PF- #31 Sam Bowie
PG/SG- #12 Kirk Hinrich

Warriors Write Up

Front Court:

The center positions are held by Shaq for the Warriors and Smits for the Muskies. In his prime, Shaq averaged nearly 28ppg, 12rpg, and 2bpg. Smits isn't a bad player by all means, but Shaq would outplay Smits by taking advantage of the weight and height difference that he has over Smits, which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQNqZgCyZ7s . Smits may be able to score, but he can't rebound. Shaq will eat up the boards and won't let the Muskies get second chance opportunities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBnHq04CRg

The other front court matchup consists of Horace Grant against Dan Issel. Issel is clearly relied on to score down low for them, which can be seen from his career 23ppg average. Grant would be the perfect player to defend Issel. Grant has been on the NBA All-Defense Second Team for four years in a row while averaging 13.8ppg, 10rpg, and 1.2bpg in his career. Grant will be able to hold Issel to well below his career averages over the course of this series.

The small forward matchup consists of Ron Artest vs. Bernard King. This is a good matchup considering King is a lights out scorer and Artest is a tremendous defender. The former defensive player of the year should be able to make King ineffective in this series by playing lock down defense on him.

Back Court:

The SG matchup is one of the most anticipated matchups of the series. The Warriors have Reggie Theus and the Muskies have arguably the GOAT Michael Jordan. Jordan will always get his shots and points regardless of who's on him. Theus will be relied upon to disrupt Jordan's game. Theus also possesses the ability to pass the ball which can be seen from his career 18.3ppg, 8.8apg, and 3.5rpg average.

The PG matchup should be an easy one that favors the Warriors. Allen Iverson is a much quicker point guard than Mark Jackson. Although Jackson is a good distributor, Iverson is by far one of the best scoring point guards of all time. The four time scoring champ will be relied on with Shaq to do the bulk of the scoring. Jackson won't be able to stop Iverson's quickness for the entire series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhZ3_xZRd4

Bench:

The Muskies bench is full of shooters. One could even say that they have too many shooters and not enough defenders. Jordan and King will play most of the game, so most of those guys won't even see the floor. The Warriors bench consists of quality veterans who have playoff experience. They provide offense with Malone, Paxson and Cummings as well as defense with LaFrentz, Ellis and Birdsong.

Overall, it will come down to Jordan and King vs. Shaq and Iverson. I believe the Muskies won't be able to stop Shaq or Iverson throughout the series. Both are greats at what they do. Shaq is a handful for any one man to defend by himself. In the end, it'll be a close series with the Warriors moving on because of the balanced attack of offense and defense.

Muskies Write Up

Backcourt-
Allen Iverson is a great player and will get his points but Mark Jackson matches up very well against him. He is a physical guard will good quickness and will be in A.I.'s face all game. Michael Jordan can not be stopped offensively and against Theus he should have no problem getting his 30 or more. Reggie Theus is a good offensive player but M.J. is one of the best defenders of all time and will shut him down. Ron Artest is a fantastic defender, but Bernard King is one of the best offensive players of his time. King will be able to get his points. His speed and quickness is a clear advantage.

Frontcourt-
Shaquille O'Neal is a tough matchup for me, no doubt. He is a tough matchup for anyone. However, Rik Smits has the height to make Shaq's life challenging. Also I don't think Shaq will be able to stop Smits when we have the ball. Smits has a nice jump shot that Shaq will not want to get out and defend and if he tries to the lane will be wide open for my other players. Dan Issel is one of the best big men of all time, he had two years where he averaged 30 points a game. Horace Grant is a good defender but he can't stop Issel for the whole game. Issel should have no problem stopping Grant's limited offensive game however.

Bench-
Chris Kaman, Kenyon Martin, and Sam Bowie will be used to implement the Hack-a-Shaq stategy in certain situations. Dell Curry is a great shooter and the ideal sixth man. Steve Francis can also come a torment Iverson with his quickness.

Mile High Champ
11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
So guys who would win a 7 game series?

J_M_B
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Minnesota in 7

Mile High Champ
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I think this would be a great series, 7 games probably.

Chacarron
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh my god, Artest on Jordan. What a ****ing wetdream matchup.

Mile High Champ
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh my god, Artest on Jordan. What a ****ing wetdream matchup.

Would be certainly entertaining. Shaq and Smits would be trouble I think..

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I'll take the Muskies. I just don't trust Iverson with Shaq together. Iverson is too much of a low efficiency player.

AP=MVP
11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Would be certainly entertaining. Shaq and Smits would be trouble I think..

Shaq vs. Smits is obviously a problem for me, but with MJ and King driving the lane I think Shaq will be in foul trouble the whole series.

I also really like the Smits vs. Shaq matchup for me offensively because Smits can draw Shaq away from the rim with his jumpshot.

AP=MVP
11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Sticky please

AP=MVP
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
I'll take the Muskies. I just don't trust Iverson with Shaq together. Iverson is too much of a low efficiency player.

Yeah, its a really big-name 1-2 punch, but i don't think they would play together well

hotpotato1092
11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I accidently voted as a GM, my vote goes to Golden State (mod please change). I thought long and hard about just giving it to MJ, but honestly I think the gap in these two teams is just too great for my "best player wins" rule to be in effect, the Warriors are a very good team and should have a great match up with the spurs in the next round.

phlp_bj
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM

If Kobe and shaq can play together with their differences and still win 3 titles,I don't see why Iverson and shaq can't win together as well. Both were relied upon to score in their primes and that be the same on this team as well with them doing te bulk of the scoring. Smits can't handle shaq by himself, which will cause double teams, leaving someone always open. It'll go to game 6 or 7, but I think the warriors can move on with defense and the inabilty of the muskies to defend shaq

el_primo_nano
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Jordan and the King on the same team!?!?:drool: sign me up

phlp_bj
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
A team doesn't consist of two players

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
If Kobe and shaq can play together with their differences and still win 3 titles,I don't see why Iverson and shaq can't win together as well. Both were relied upon to score in their primes and that be the same on this team as well with them doing te bulk of the scoring. Smits can't handle shaq by himself, which will cause double teams, leaving someone always open. It'll go to game 6 or 7, but I think the warriors can move on with defense and the inabilty of the muskies to defend shaq

And who is Iverson going to defend? You do realize that Mark Jackson would be posting him up all day.

phlp_bj
11-04-2010, 07:17 PM
And who is Iverson going to defend? You do realize that Mark Jackson would be posting him up all day.

there's such a thing called help defense. i don't see how jackson will be able to stop iverson's quickness and ability to get to the basket at will. if jordan couldn't stop iverson's crossover, i don't think jackson stands any chance. that's just me

the_jon
11-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I like the Warriors in this one. I think AI is wrong for the team but I just can't ignore the defense. There are so many good defenders that AI can get steals and not worry about Jackson getting by him.

Mile High Champ
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Sticky please

it will be done after xnotorious comes on. I asked him to sticky the matchup. Can another mod sticky these two matchups for us?

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 08:10 PM
there's such a thing called help defense. i don't see how jackson will be able to stop iverson's quickness and ability to get to the basket at will. if jordan couldn't stop iverson's crossover, i don't think jackson stands any chance. that's just me

So you are going to have help defense with MJ and King on the team?

Ebbs
11-04-2010, 11:37 PM

:laugh:

Anyways I think Warriors in 6

ABOMB_56
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
:laugh:

Anyways I think Warriors in 6

I'm with Ebbs on the prediction. Warriors in 6

AP=MVP
11-05-2010, 12:08 AM
If you are having to give Iverson help with Action Jackson, I'd love to see MJ, Issel, and King's #s

Mile High Champ
11-05-2010, 08:56 AM
G-State looks poised to advance..

AP=MVP
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
GS made a great team. Congrats on making the conference finals

phlp_bj
11-05-2010, 02:02 PM
thanks man. you had a great team as well. congrats on making it this far

Rivera
11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
this is a good matchup right here

btw fellow redraftees im back :D

ima take GS in this matchup i just think their a better team and their team defense is :drool: Golden state to the Western Conference finals