PDA

View Full Version : Is it about time for the Rockets to trade Yao Ming?

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Is it about time for the Rockets to trade Yao Ming?

It just seems the way the team is built that he really doesn't fit the team well. And it doesn't make sense to trade Brooks and Martin as they are the team's strength.

Would you trade Yao now?

bigsams50
11-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Would anyone take him?

tcav701
11-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Would anyone take him?

Any city with a large chinese population would take him for financial reasons.

LeBroom
11-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Eddy Curry for Yao Ming.

Sactown
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Nah they'd be smarter to wait for him to get back to his old self then trade him.. raise his value

JermanJaysFan
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I think he is fine there. He has been effective in his limited minutes, and will only get better as his teammates get better at reintegrating him. He makes life easier for everybody when he is on the floor, and is a reliable post option and rebounder. No reason to deal him at this point.

ManRam
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
No. Not at all. His value is too low now. You don't trade players when their value is lower than it normally is, or than it can be. If the Rockets do want to move him, they have to be patient, and wait for Yao to prove he's healthy and prove he can play 30-35 minutes a game. He's only playing 20 a game now, and no team will give up anything remotely close to fair value for that.

black1605
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
The Rockets would want more than anyone would give up for him.

Tblaze
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Is it about time for the Rockets to trade Yao Ming?

It just seems the way the team is built that he really doesn't fit the team well. And it doesn't make sense to trade Brooks and Martin as they are the team's strength.

Would you trade Yao now?

Actually Brooks and Martin are their weakness... Their defense in the backcourt is the reason the Rockets are 0-4. They give up as many points as they score.

If I were Houston, I'd trade Martin.

nycericanguy
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
No they shouldnt trade him, he's been a part of their franchise his whole career and has been nothing but a class act.

Why would they trade him when they probably won't get much more than an expiring or a late pick. I can't imagine Yao having any trade value except to maybe a team that wants insurance such as BOS, LAL or MIA. But what would those teams give up? Not much. His career is clearly winding down and he's not a guy that can play more than 20mpg if that.

D1JM
11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Actually Brooks and Martin are their weakness... Their defense in the backcourt is the reason the Rockets are 0-4. They give up as many points as they score.

If I were Houston, I'd trade Martin.

He would fit perfect with the bulls

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
He would fit perfect with the bulls

He would be good as a 6th man to give us fire power off the bench.

oak2455
11-04-2010, 11:29 AM
so hasnt gotten hurt yet sooo trade him:rolleyes:

goblazers7
11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Martin and Hill for Brewer And Taj? Bulls would have to throw in a pick in any deal. They don't have that great of assets since rose is the future and deng and Noah are extended.

spreadeagle
11-04-2010, 11:42 AM

Toronto has a huge chinese population and needs a C bad..but I dont know bout his knees mang

Hunter48MVP
11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Lakers should try to trade for him.

sep11ie
11-04-2010, 11:54 AM
JB, how many freaking times are you gonna ask this? Holy shyt, your like a broken freakin record.

td0tsfinest
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM

we have quite the large chinese population. :D

Yao Ming is a $17 million expiring, I don't see why teams wouldn't try to get him. 2011 FA class is not as good as this past years but there are still decent players out there.

KingsPhillies
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think they should trade Yao. It's not like he's under-performed in the time he's spent on the floor. Houston knows he'll never be back to his old form, and are utilizing him accordingly. Plus, who would want to trade for a center with his contract that should be limited to 24 minutes, and doesn't play in back-to-back games? With Brad Miller as a [quality] backup, and Scola going beast-mode lately, Yao doesn't need to be as dominant. The Rockets, as a team, just need to start playing defense(says the Kings fan :)).

But, hypothetically, if we're talking about Yao going to a team based on his Chinese heritage, the Warriors would be ta perfect fit. Not only does San Francisco have a huge Chinese population, but it's right on the Pacific coast; making it easy for him to just hop on a flight to China if need be. I know it isn't going to happen, but the Warriors would be very dangerous in the paint with Yao/Biedrens and David Lee.

Byronicle
11-04-2010, 12:45 PM

that would be toronto lol, but i dont want him here. too injury prone and that is because he is gigantic and all that weight is just wearing his legs down

Bluffmasta
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
they need to trade him, cant afford to resign him at the end of the season if he isnt healthy, trade him now for somethings otherwise hope he regains he star status and resigns with the team.

mvb815
11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
if toronto got yao they should change their name to the toronto united nations

td0tsfinest
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
if toronto got yao they should change their name to the toronto united nations

lol. Outside of Antarctica, we would have a player from every continent. :p

thescore53
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Toronto has a huge chinese population and needs a C bad..but I dont know bout his knees mang

he obv wouldnt play much. but for who. i would say derozan,bargs,and jack are untouchable.

td0tsfinest
11-04-2010, 01:38 PM
he obv wouldnt play much. but for who. i would say derozan,bargs,and jack are untouchable.

why would you think Jarrett Jack is untouchable?

Hellcrooner
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Golden Staate where he shoudl ahve been from the very begining.

JDMVP
11-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Eddy Curry for Yao Ming.

:) why not?, lol

lavilevi23
11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
No.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2010, 02:06 PM
No. Not at all. His value is too low now. You don't trade players when their value is lower than it normally is, or than it can be. If the Rockets do want to move him, they have to be patient, and wait for Yao to prove he's healthy and prove he can play 30-35 minutes a game. He's only playing 20 a game now, and no team will give up anything remotely close to fair value for that.

pretty much. I am telling my roomate last night (we live in Houston, he is a huge Rox fan), you need to be patient. They have had a tough opening schedule, and are trying to work Ming in. They will start winning games soon enough. Let Yao get 30+ games under his belt, get his timing back, and we all know Houston will start to gel and get a bunch of wins.
As Adelman said, if you lose 3-4 games in a row later in the season, nobody panics. But when you open up the season losing 4 straight, players/coaches tend to push too much. Not a good thing

If Yao is going to be traded it needs to be when his value is at least as high as it will get this year.

xbrackattackx
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM
He would be good as a 6th man to give us fire power off the bench.

You guys need a starting SG and you would make Kevin Martin a sixth man?

Raph12
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I'd take Yao, we could use his 24mpg to back up Dwight and when he's healthy maybe have Dwight play some PF lol.

Yao for Gortat anyone?...

thescore53
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
why would you think Jarrett Jack is untouchable?

cause he's my bredren zeen :cool:

Lo Porto
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
The Rockets should trade him because they were better off with a smaller, scrappy frontcourt last year. The Rockets won't trade him because what he does for them financially.

If Houston did trade him, the best place would be Utah. Sloan is great at using older talent, limiting their minutes and keeping them fresh throughout the season. Plus, the slow down Utah offense is the best fit for Yao and his skill set.

JordansBulls
11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
They could probably trade Yao right now to the Blazers for Oden and Przybilla

Jays Claw
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Yao's value has diminished over the last few years and Houston would be receiving little to nothing in return. I'd say they keep him and wait until he gets his legs back under him. People tend to forget Yao can easily average 25 and 13 when healthy.

Da Knicks
11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Miami?

Reversed86Curse
11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
IMO, no you don't trade him, his contract is huge and he's a liability, so you'd have to give up more to off load him

TrueHeatFanHere
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
trade him to the heat for jamal magloire

Sixerlover
11-04-2010, 11:27 PM
His slow style would fit well with Portland

dhopisthename
11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
don't forget he makes close to 18 million so there are not a lot of teams that can afford to trade for a 24 minute player that is foul prone

conway429
11-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Yao's value has diminished over the last few years and Houston would be receiving little to nothing in return. I'd say they keep him and wait until he gets his legs back under him. People tend to forget Yao can easily average 25 and 13 when healthy.

except he's never put up those kinds of numbers....
then again, he's never really been healthy in the last 5 years

I'd love him in Toronto, I can't stand Bargnani at C, except injury is obviously a concern.

mvb815
11-05-2010, 01:48 AM
trade him to the heat for jamal magloire

why not? they've gotten everything else for next to nothing this year

JordansBulls
11-05-2010, 08:42 AM

How often is he healthy?