PDA

View Full Version : Pistons mad at each other..possibly look to trade for Josh Smith or Kaman

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
After losing their fourth consecutive game to begin the season last night, tensions in the Detroit Pistons‘ locker room finally bubbled to the surface. They’re tied for the worst record in the League, and people are starting to take shots at each other through the press.

Head coach John Kuester once again publicly expressed his disappointment with the team (especially on the defensive end of the floor), but could not escape criticism from one of his own veteran players.

Tayshaun Prince understands Kuester’s concerns, but thinks his coach could also be doing a much better job.

The Detroit Free Press reports:

The Pistons fell to 0-4 for the first time since 1999. So it wasn’t surprising when a frustrated Kuester said afterward that the locker room has a leadership void and needs someone to step forward and add a voice to his. After saying no one is going to have sympathy for the injury-depleted Pistons, he said: “We have to collectively someway or somehow find another voice besides my own that is going to lead us.”

Tayshaun Prince agreed with him — but said Kuester has to share the blame on the horrible start. “He’s right, but at the same time it goes both ways,” Prince said. “We can sit here and continue to get on each other and be vocal, but like I said, the right thing has got to come from him as well as us. It goes both ways. He says we got to be more vocal, he has to do some things better, too. Obviously, we’re 0-4 so it ain’t just the team.” Kind of early for finger-pointing, but it’s pretty obvious the frustration level is high.

Deeeeetroit Basketball!

There’s some chatter in Motown that the Pistons may be targeting either Josh Smith or Chris Kaman as possible trade pieces. I’m not sure either guy can help turn their current situation around, mostly based on the fact that they’d be far too depressed to even bother trying.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/the-detroit-pistons-are-terrible-angry-at-each-other/

ElMarroAfamado
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
God i hope we can trade baron davis and Chris Kaman for something ANYTHING....
id even take Prince even though he sucks at shooting and doesnt do anything besides play decent D

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
it would require Detroit to take on a long term deal, while moving Prince and pieces. Are they willing to do that? It won't help them in the long run. If Dumars was smart, he would either hold out for better, or play out the season, try to get a great draft pick, and then see what they can do next year in terms of developing players. In the summer of 2012, move Hamilton's deal.
Sorry Pistons fans. Your GM dug a big hole, that will take a couple of years of patience to get out of. Making trades to make trades isn't going to get it done

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 04:09 PM
God i hope we can trade baron davis and Chris Kaman for something ANYTHING....
id even take Prince even though he sucks at shooting and doesnt do anything besides play decent D

I thought Kaman was good? lol I dont see many Clipper games

Yunqn
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
After losing their fourth consecutive game to begin the season last night, tensions in the Detroit Pistons‘ locker room finally bubbled to the surface. They’re tied for the worst record in the League, and people are starting to take shots at each other through the press.

Head coach John Kuester once again publicly expressed his disappointment with the team (especially on the defensive end of the floor), but could not escape criticism from one of his own veteran players.

Tayshaun Prince understands Kuester’s concerns, but thinks his coach could also be doing a much better job.

The Detroit Free Press reports:

The Pistons fell to 0-4 for the first time since 1999. So it wasn’t surprising when a frustrated Kuester said afterward that the locker room has a leadership void and needs someone to step forward and add a voice to his. After saying no one is going to have sympathy for the injury-depleted Pistons, he said: “We have to collectively someway or somehow find another voice besides my own that is going to lead us.”

Tayshaun Prince agreed with him — but said Kuester has to share the blame on the horrible start. “He’s right, but at the same time it goes both ways,” Prince said. “We can sit here and continue to get on each other and be vocal, but like I said, the right thing has got to come from him as well as us. It goes both ways. He says we got to be more vocal, he has to do some things better, too. Obviously, we’re 0-4 so it ain’t just the team.” Kind of early for finger-pointing, but it’s pretty obvious the frustration level is high.

Deeeeetroit Basketball!

There’s some chatter in Motown that the Pistons may be targeting either Josh Smith or Chris Kaman as possible trade pieces. I’m not sure either guy can help turn their current situation around, mostly based on the fact that they’d be far too depressed to even bother trying.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/the-detroit-pistons-are-terrible-angry-at-each-other/

with what though? thats the thing.. atlanta is only slacking in the sf spot.. they can play crawford at the 1..they have their center..

if they do trade for smith..

its prince and a pf replacement and possibly a pick if any other peices are involved..

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
with what though? thats the thing.. atlanta is only slacking in the sf spot.. they can play crawford at the 1..they have their center..

if they do trade for smith..

its prince and a pf replacement and possibly a pick if any other peices are involved..

ATL might take a top 5 pick for Smith and some help on D with Prince...deep draft next year.Detroit gets a proven star in Smith and dumps a contract

pistonsfanomg
11-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Hate to break it to you but were not trading until Illitch takes over

I heard we almost got Al Jefferson but Karen Davidson said no.

aussie
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
shouldn't this be in the Pistons Forum not the NBA

pistonsfanomg
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
ATL might take a top 5 pick for Smith and some help on D with Prince...deep draft next year.Detroit gets a proven star in Smith and dumps a contract

no thanks

we have a shot at Perry Jones right now

WolvesJagsOs
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
^i would think so, this is just a possibility, nothing that is worth noting to other people...idk.

Jays Claw
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought Kaman was good? lol I dont see many Clipper games

I can't even explain how overrated Kaman is.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I can't even explain how overrated Kaman is.

I can

JordansBulls
11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Pistons need to let Tmac play. He will lead team to the playoffs.

SteveNash
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Ah yes, they need leadership so they'll turn to J Smoove.

Pistons should have been 3-1 or at worse 2-2 anyway, they should have done what they should have done a long time ago, blow it up, play their young talent and wait for the draft lottery.

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM

I already forgot he was even on that team

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Ah yes, they need leadership so they'll turn to J Smoove.

Pistons should have been 3-1 or at worse 2-2 anyway, they should have done what they should have done a long time ago, blow it up, play their young talent and wait for the draft lottery.

Ben Gordon might be movable if he keeps playing well

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Why in the hell they want Kaman, they already have gordon and Charlie V for chucking.

Kaman is basically Villanueva with lesser range

Gram
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Ben Gordon might be movable if he keeps playing well

Detroit's not trading Gordon, I promise.

2_Trill
11-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I wonder what Joe D is thinking..........

Its obvious and the writing is on the wall, we have to make a move either inside the locker or at the top of management, plus I dont think firing another coach would help our cause at this point!

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Detroit trades

Tayshaun Prince
2011 1st round pick (1st pick protected)

Atlanta trades

Josh Smith

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Detroit's not trading Gordon, I promise.

Gordon will be starting soon. They can't hold him back much longer. He's healthy, his defense has improved, And he's taking and making good shots. he need to start for the Pistons imo.

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
:laugh2: Im so glad Ben Gordon chose the Pistons

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:05 PM
:laugh2: Im so glad Ben Gordon chose the Pistons

20 ppg, 65 FG%, 50 3FG%

I'm glad he chose us too. Quit hating. Bulls have Bogans at SG. You would rather have Bogans than Gordon? :facepalm::facepalm:

spreadeagle
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Detroit trades

Tayshaun Prince

Atlanta trades

Josh Smith

Thats what im saying...good for both sides

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Gordon will be starting soon. They can't hold him back much longer. He's healthy, his defense has improved, And he's taking and making good shots. he need to start for the Pistons imo.

how on earth would that help the Pistons long term? They would win what, 5-8 more games this year? And lose their two most valuable things going forward. For Smith? A tweener who has maxed out as an athletic defender who can't create offense? Owed $35 over the next 3? No way if I am the Pistons
Hamilton for Josh Smith? Great. But Atlanta wouldn't bite

JWO35
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Everyone can hit the f'n door except BG7, Greg Monroe & Stuckey(kinda iffy on him)

Slimsim
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Are the pistons the Knicks of this decade ?

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
20 ppg, 65 FG%, 50 3FG%

I'm glad he chose us too. Quit hating. Bulls have Bogans at SG. You would rather have Bogans than Gordon? :facepalm::facepalm:

:laugh2: His big goose egg in that 21 point blown lead you guys pulled the other day was impressive. Stats aren't everything buddy, BG is streaky as they come and he's a big time chucker. And what it came down to was sign Gordon last year or sign Boozer this past offseason, Yeah Ill take Boozer. There's nothing wrong with Bogans, he's a beast defensively, and he doesn't play the whole game, Korver and Brewer get substantial minutes at the 2 guard. We were horrible whenever Gordon was on the court, so you can take you facepalm and slap yourself instead for using stats from 4 games into the season. Ben Gordon is trash.

jimbobjarree
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
they should just pull a nets and hope for the best in the lottery. Only way they're going to get the marquee player they need

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Detroit trades

Tayshaun Prince

Atlanta trades

Josh Smith

Great for you guys, unfortunately Atlanta would never do it. Trades are a 2 way street.

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:21 PM
:laugh2: His big goose egg in that 21 point blown lead you guys pulled the other day was impressive. Stats aren't everything buddy, BG is streaky as they come and he's a big time chucker. And what it came down to was sign Gordon last year or sign Boozer this past offseason, Yeah Ill take Boozer. There's nothing wrong with Bogans, he's a beast defensively, and he doesn't play the whole game, Korver and Brewer get substantial minutes at the 2 guard. We were horrible whenever Gordon was on the court, so you can take you facepalm and slap yourself instead for using stats from 4 games into the season. Ben Gordon is trash.

lol - Has he even played yet? Yeah that's what i thought. Boozer is the most injury prone PF in the league - that's a fact

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM

Boozer is elite though right? Gordon was also alot cheaper than Boozer. stfu

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
lol - Has he even played yet? Yeah that's what i thought. Boozer is the most injury prone PF in the league - that's a fact

He's injury prone for falling in the dark at his house? Ok way to ignore the rest of my argument. If your going to sit here and tell me you would rather have Ben Gordon than Carlos Boozer than you really must be a Pistons fan.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Great for you guys, unfortunately Atlanta would never do it. Trades are a 2 way street.

Atlanta would jump on that dude. Atlanta, with the Horford signing, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the cap. Getting rid of Josh Smith is their next move. Getting an expiring, and a 1st rounder would be a great deal for them.

Detroit meanwhile, adds another long term contract to their situation, for another tweener PF, who can't create, while getting rid of their two biggest assets, Prince's expiring, and a 1st rounder. I am not sure how this isn't obvious to those here
Detroit made a series of poor moves. They now will most likely need to play them out for a season or two, and start rebuilding

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Boozer is elite though right? Gordon was also alot cheaper than Boozer. stfu

Boozer's a top 7 PF where as Ben Gordon isn't even a top 20 SG. Ben Gordon's a 6th man. Very mature of you to tell me to "stfu"

BkOriginalOne
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Rebuild.
Completely.
They really don't have much players worth keeping.

Suckey, their most promising probably is going to stay in the bottom half of PG talent in the league.

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
He's injury prone for falling in the dark at his house? Ok way to ignore the rest of my argument. If your going to sit here and tell me you would rather have Ben Gordon than Carlos Boozer than you really must be a Pistons fan.

Gordon and Stuckey are the only Pistons playing well. Gordon was averaging 25 ppg before he got hurt last year. This year he looks like he did the first half of last year. You'll have a hard time finding Pistons fans cutting him down right now.

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Atlanta would jump on that dude. Atlanta, with the Horford signing, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the cap. Getting rid of Josh Smith is their next move. Getting an expiring, and a 1st rounder would be a great deal for them.

Detroit meanwhile, adds another long term contract to their situation, for another tweener PF, who can't create, while getting rid of their two biggest assets, Prince's expiring, and a 1st rounder. I am not sure how this isn't obvious to those here
Detroit made a series of poor moves. They now will most likely need to play them out for a season or two, and start rebuilding

I had no idea Prince was an expiring, I thought he had at least 2 years left on his deal for some reason. Ill admit my mistake then. But as far as his other argument goes no way.

DerekRE_3
They need to get Monroe on the court more. It's pretty obvious they shouldn't be in win now mode.

gbrl
I already forgot he was even on that team

me too has he even played a minute yet

fadedmario
Rumors on Fox Detroit actually have Hamilton's name as the player mentioned with an Atlanta trade

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
They need to get Monroe on the court more. It's pretty obvious they shouldn't be in win now mode.

Monroe 10 rebounds in 17 mins last night. Our coach won't play him

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Rumors on Fox Detroit actually have Hamilton's name as the player mentioned with an Atlanta trade

Detroit should indeed jump on that. I have NO CLUE why Atlanta would be interested in taking on that huge deal.

jkcronyn
11-03-2010, 06:38 PM
zombo i just read this whole thing. you can harp on the pistons right now but the bulls haven't done anything since jordan left and won't win another championship sooner than the pistons. and who went to 7 straight ecfinals? went to two nba finals and won one of them? rose is sick but with lebron in the east you guys might see a couple championship games at best. good luck champ glad you're a fan and think boozer is leading you to a ring...

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
zombo you're an idiot i just read this whole thing. you can harp on the pistons right now but the bulls haven't done anything since jordan left and won't win another championship sooner than the pistons. and who went to 7 straight ecfinals? went to two nba finals and won one of them? rose is sick but with lebron in the east you guys might see a couple championship games at best. good luck champ glad you're a fan and think boozer is leading you to a ring...

Holy ****. :clap::clap:

Algmuskrats
11-03-2010, 07:02 PM

He already had to sit out most of the game last night due to "Soreness in his knee", the same knee he had microfracture surgery on.
I'm sure he will end up being out for the rest of the season.

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Pistons are at halftime playing well. Kuester's new rotation has Monroe, Daye, Stuckey, McGrady, and Gordon getting most of the minutes. They are all looking good - even T-Mac looks real good so far. Stay tuned

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
20 ppg, 65 FG%, 50 3FG%

umm...4 games

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
lmao

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
umm...4 games

He looks good tonight too

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
JB just stop, he's done he will lead them nowhere!

He can barely play 10 minutes and can't score to save his life.

We will not see T-Mac on the league next season.That's a fact.

:facepalm: - I wish you were watching the game tonight. T-Mac can still play. Gordon is ****ing lighting it up too. Quit hating. Our team sucks. We get it.

Denver-boy
11-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Josh Smith is on the Market???

Yunqn
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Thats what im saying...good for both sides

i doubt that.. highly.. josh smith will help that team win more because he gives them what they lack as far as defense..wallace is far from the same.. but the point is the pistons will win more.. they will have to include money and maybe another pick maybe 2nd given tayshaun is far from what he use to be and is older..

1st,prince,and cash for josh smith..atlanta will need to find money to keep their players in atlanta given they been throwing money or overpaying for players.. and havent even address crawfords contract or market..he could be included in that deal if it ben gordon gets involved and detroit wanted to save money and pay crawford less

*Silver&Black*
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Josh Smith is on the Market???

Not really, writers just think when a good team re-signs a player (Horford) they should dump another young player, even though they don't see that we can dump Jamal and Bibby's contracts before anything.

But I think this writer is correct. We re-signed Joe to win now, so we want to get rid of Josh Smith for a draft pick and Prince. YEAH....................

Slimsim
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
:facepalm: - I wish you were watching the game tonight. T-Mac can still play. Gordon is ****ing lighting it up too. Quit hating. Our team sucks. We get it.

Did you win ?

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Did you win ?

What do you think?

side note - T-Mac played well (Stuckey benched 2nd half) - T Mac ran PG lol

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Not really, writers just think when a good team re-signs a player (Horford) they should dump another young player, even though they don't see that we can dump Jamal and Bibby's contracts before anything.

But I think this writer is correct. We re-signed Joe to win now, so we want to get rid of Josh Smith for a draft pick and Prince. YEAH....................

absolutely right. Since JJ and Horford have been signed, writers are going to now assume they NEED to move Smith. The Hawks will listen, but they aren't moving him now. No need. Not in the season. Wait until summer if they are interested. And there are other players they would prefer to dump, so why hurry?

*Silver&Black*
11-03-2010, 09:42 PM
absolutely right. Since JJ and Horford have been signed, writers are going to now assume they NEED to move Smith. The Hawks will listen, but they aren't moving him now. No need. Not in the season. Wait until summer if they are interested. And there are other players they would prefer to dump, so why hurry?

Thank you dude. A non-fan of a team with a smart view on the situation. You are now one of the best posters on here IMO.

No reason for a 4-0 team that improves every year to trade the fans fav player just BECAUSE they re-signed 2 others. Horford wouldn't of re-signed if he didn't know he was staying at center. He knew, so nothing is going to change with Smith at PF and Hoford at center. I don't know why most people and writers/rumor starters don't understand that. Just trying to make some early season news out of a re-signing in Horford.

Rafer17
11-04-2010, 12:13 AM
This team is an absolute mess

alencp3
11-04-2010, 04:17 AM
no thanks

we have a shot at Perry Jones right now

Why u need Perry Jones when u can have Harrison barnes :eyebrow:

ElMarroAfamado
11-04-2010, 04:18 AM
pleeeeease trade for Kaman

DetroitRipCity
11-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Dont expect anything to happen until Illitch takes over that **** Karen Davidson only cares about ****ing money.

pebloemer
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Thank you dude. A non-fan of a team with a smart view on the situation. You are now one of the best posters on here IMO.

No reason for a 4-0 team that improves every year to trade the fans fav player just BECAUSE they re-signed 2 others. Horford wouldn't of re-signed if he didn't know he was staying at center. He knew, so nothing is going to change with Smith at PF and Hoford at center. I don't know why most people and writers/rumor starters don't understand that. Just trying to make some early season news out of a re-signing in Horford.

Short answer is - because people will read it. Not enough actual sports news to occupy all the writers out there, so they need to feed on speculation to try and offer something new.

I know this is off-topic, but I'm curious about a Hawks fans perspective on Horford. Do you think he would be better suited as a PF?

TheGoodGerman
11-04-2010, 08:59 AM
He already had to sit out most of the game last night due to "Soreness in his knee", the same knee he had microfracture surgery on.
I'm sure he will end up being out for the rest of the season.

Microfracture. Man, I can't remember any player, that came back, after that surgery. Maybe Amar'e ? He had it too, right ? Not sure. I, personal, had microfracutre surgery too and it ****ed my game and health badly.

This is definitely one of the most scary surgeries for BBallers. It's very unlikely, T-Mac or any other guy with that injury, will get 100% healthy again ... very unlikely. This people will always have trouble with the knee(s).

bigsams50
11-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Is this for real?

*Silver&Black*
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Short answer is - because people will read it. Not enough actual sports news to occupy all the writers out there, so they need to feed on speculation to try and offer something new.

I know this is off-topic, but I'm curious about a Hawks fans perspective on Horford. Do you think he would be better suited as a PF?

IMO, he is great at center. Howard gives him problems, but other than that, I would keep him there. I feel if he would play PF on a team, they would need someone at center that could block shots and score when need to. Josh and Al work great together. I just think with them you would need a 3 man rotation with a good enough center to come off the bench for Howard-type match-ups.

pistonsfanomg
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Why u need Perry Jones when u can have Harrison barnes :eyebrow:

Because Harrison Barnes already said that he's not going to the NBA

He wants to be an engineer