PDA

View Full Version : Nba competition 5-10 years

NihonJinDesu
11-03-2010, 02:43 PM
With the NBA landscape changing with superstars converging on one team (LA,Miami possibly NY) and reports of NBA stars requesting trades got me to think in the next couple of years what will happen to NO,Minnesota,NJ,Philly,Sacramento and other smaller markets? David Stern states the gathering of the big three is a good thing but is it really if it will not put people in the seats of the other NBA cities when those big market teams dont show up.... sure there is a huge amount of talent out there in the NBA but who will want to show up if they know their home team does not have a chance to compete for a NBA championship? What will be in the end result in the NBA?

TheHoopsProphet
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I think after the CBA, more players will leave the NBA to pursue the NFL since money will be the same (though contracts wont be guaranteed, then again what in life is guaranteed other then death and a third season of Jersey shore?)

So by 2012, after LeJames wins his 14th championship, most of the talent will have already left, and Billiam Russel will start walking onto NFL fields, shaking hands with running backs after a good run and then laughing with them about how he used to make sandwiches and bake cakes and block shots keeping ball in play for his celtics teams just so they could win championships.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
With the NBA landscape changing with superstars converging on one team (LA,Miami possibly NY) and reports of NBA stars requesting trades got me to think in the next couple of years what will happen to NO,Minnesota,NJ,Philly,Sacramento and other smaller markets? David Stern states the gathering of the big three is a good thing but is it really if it will not put people in the seats of the other NBA cities when those big market teams dont show up.... sure there is a huge amount of talent out there in the NBA but who will want to show up if they know their home team does not have a chance to compete for a NBA championship? What will be in the end result in the NBA?

And what have those same teams been the past 4-5 years? Its not like any of them have been competing for championships before this offseason. What they will do is continue to build a foundation for the future. The Wolves, Cippers, NJ, Sac town are doing a good job at that. NO is just an organization thats in denial that they cant contend (even though they have the talent to). If i were them id trade CP3 for a **** load of picks and start building on younf talent.

Hoopsadvocate
11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
^ what he said. None of those teams were exactly in the finals or conference finals in the past 4-5 years anyway. They will just continue to build with young talent instead of current all star talent in the league.

NihonJinDesu
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
And what have those same teams been the past 4-5 years? Its not like any of them have been competing for championships before this offseason. What they will do is continue to build a foundation for the future. The Wolves, Cippers, NJ, Sac town are doing a good job at that. NO is just an organization thats in denial that they cant contend (even though they have the talent to). If i were them id trade CP3 for a **** load of picks and start building on younf talent.

Well I would argue the point for Clippers because they look terrible on both sides of the ball.. sure they have some dynamic dunks but that does not equal wins....but that is my case and point if you continually trade your "franchise" player for picks your city will lose interest... im not 100% sure but arent the Maloofs trying to sell... and the pistons being sold recently... Memphis being sold or so I think...

Da Knicks
11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Reality L.A. and Boston will always be in the mix for championships how can you sell a product you make it a winner. The nba knows which teams to keep as "elite" how many people around the world know the small market team?

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Reality L.A. and Boston will always be in the mix for championships how can you sell a product you make it a winner. The nba knows which teams to keep as "elite" how many people around the world know the small market team?

Boston wasn't in the market for nearly 20 years. I get what you are saying however. Well run, large market teams will always stand on top. Thank god many of the larger markets are run by front offices that are not very intelligent.

To answer the question, nobody knows. We will see what the CBA brings, what kind of influence that gives current players in Europe to stay away, and even some of our own to leave. The small market question can be answered the same as always. As long as their is a rich man behind those teams, they will most likely stay.

NBAfan4life
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM
After the new CBA I think larger markets will have even more of an advantage. The players will be making less money so endoresments will be even more important than they are already.

ldawg
11-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Talented players should be able to join other talented players or even join a team with two super talent max players (franchise players) example Lakers. But three and above max players should not be allowed to join example Miami. unless they are ex max players example Boston. It decrease competition and make the games boring being predictable. Its like why play 82 games when only 4 team have a real chance? lets just get to the playoffs. Miami and Lakers game last night was boring blow outs while bottom feeder Wizards and Sixers game was entertaining. All the super talent on one team is no fun. If Miami is a success everyone will want to form a super team. Its best for the nba if they don't dominate. Not to mention three super talented players playing half of what they are capable of. We are being rob of not seeing them play at a high level. Wade, Lebron and Bosh are a showing a glimps of what they use to look like. This is hard to regulate that is why the nba have to install a hard cap to increase competition and cut back domination. It was more fun to watch Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk Duncan, Garnet, Ai, Tmac, Carter, etc have their own teams gunning for the gold. Super teams are only fun to watch when they play each other and that they hardly do. Lakers will play Miami two times unless they meet in the playoffs.