PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Leaders in Scoring - Who is most likely to fall off the pace?

KnicksorBust
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
1. Kevin Durant - 29.3 ppg
2. Derrick Rose - 27.7 ppg
3. Luis Scola - 27.3 ppg
4a. Monta Ellis - 27.0 ppg
4b. Danny Granger - 27.0 ppg
6. Kevin Martin - 25.0 ppg
7. Brook Lopez - 24.7 ppg
8. Pau Gasol - 24.3 ppg
9. Rudy Gay - 24.3 ppg
10. Kobe Bryant - 23.8 ppg

Who is going to take the biggest dip from their current numbers to their end of season average?

Sactown
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Luis and Drose

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Martin and Scola. :laugh2: @ the guy who said Rose. He's the number 1 option on a contending team, he's there to stay. Brandon Roy will be in the top 10 soon.

Sactown
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Martin and Scola. :laugh2: @ the guy who said Rose. He's the number 1 option on a contending team, he's there to stay. Brandon Roy will be in the top 10 soon.

I'm saying he averages 22 a game
or less

News24/7
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Kevin Martin, Rudy Gay, Luis Scola, Brook Lopez, Pau Gasol, and Derrick Rose.

JayW_1023
11-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure...Scola is the Rockets main post option with a 7'6 allstar drawing attention from him 24 minutes a game. I can see him dominating for awhile.

Niro
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
scola,lopez and rose

Baller1
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
If these are the top 10 for the season, then Durant's scoring title will be easier than we all thought.

:laugh2:

wirez
11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Out of that list, I would have to go with Scola or Lopez.

Hellcrooner
11-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Gasol.

Andrew will be back in amonth.

And kobe will increase his touches as soon as he feels he is 100&% or as soon as he reads somewhere that Pau is being considered for Mvp.

So since his touches will go down from 20 pg to 13 pg his scoring average will fall from top 10

mikantsass
11-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Boozer will hurt his scoring numbers a little. But im sure Rose will still find a way to chuck up his shots.

mikantsass
11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Gasol.

And kobe will increase his touches as soon as he feels he is 100&% or as soon as he reads somewhere that Pau is being considered for Mvp.

So since his touches will go down from 20 pg to 13 pg his scoring average will fall from top 10

i seriously pissed in my pants when i saw this hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Contending for what?

Hellcrooner
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM

It usually happens that the player having the best numbers in the team with the best record ina conference is talked bout in that thing.

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 11:55 AM

Depends?

Da Knicks
11-03-2010, 12:01 PM

You dont think Gasol should be considered? or you laugh because you dont think the Kobe lovers will give Gasol a true shot. He is the best big man in the league.:)

fadedmario
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Ben Gordon could be on that list (more mins and healthy)

thescore53
11-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Gasol.

Theonion ?

ackar
11-03-2010, 12:04 PM
too early it been like four games theses threads are ridiculously early. My team is 3 and 0 we going to the finals blah blah blah geez. Wait until about 20 games in.

Hellcrooner
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Theonion ?

More lie B.Spn or Nba.com.

It already hapened some weeks last year when pau stats were significantly lower..... so .....

pd1dish
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm saying he averages 22 a game
or less

i agree he falls off a little bit because a PG shouldnt be scoring 28 points per game anyways, especially when boozer comes back. also, hopefully bogans or brewer step up at the SG position and start to put some points on the board. i think he averages around 24 PPG this season.

i voted scola. hes not a dominate scorer and 27.3 PPG is a lot, especially for a big man because they arent constantly handling the ball. all you have to do is look at his past years to know that it will be difficult for him to average 20 PPG for the entire year. hes coming off his best year at 16.2 PPG.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Rose will hover around 25 until Boozer is back

Basketash
11-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Lol voted kobe meant scola...sorry

JordansBulls
11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Scola.

I think Rose has to score a good 22-25 ppg for the Bulls to be good.

Da Knicks
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Scola has looked good since fiba, if Martin doesn't chuck even more he should be able to continue his tear imo.

Avenged
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd love for Gasol to continue to get the touches he's getting now. He definitely deserves it considering how efficient he is offensively. Unfortunately, his touches will reduce once Bynum comes back and it's a damn shame..

And to the people talking about Gasol being considered for MVP, he definitely won't win it.. But when you're the best player on your team [statistically] and your team is on top of the league, usually you do get considered at the least.

DaBUU
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
You dont think Gasol should be considered? or you laugh because you dont think the Kobe lovers will give Gasol a true shot. He is the best big man in the league.:)

yeah he is. Im riding him all the way to my fanatasy league 'Ship! he's been a monster so far

Sactown
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Scola.

I think Rose has to score a good 22-25 ppg for the Bulls to be good.

I don't think so.. I think he could average 20-8-4 and the bulls have a good season... I think they have the offensive talent for him to just average 20

Sir Buckets
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't think so.. I think he could average 20-8-4 and the bulls have a good season... I think they have the offensive talent for him to just average 97ftfy

But nah, seriously, I see Rose's scoring dipping a bit with the return of Boozer/resurgence of Deng to around 23-25.

goku
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
kevin martin numbers wont go down that much he gets to the line more than most of those players

D1JM
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't think so.. I think he could average 20-8-4 and the bulls have a good season... I think they have the offensive talent for him to just average 20

do you know that rose is the number one option on that team right? Even when boozer comes back, he will still be the number one option.

Sactown
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
do you know that rose is the number one option on that team right? Even when boozer comes back, he will still be the number one option.

So is Brandon Roy?? point?

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM

If you have a PG as the number one scoring option, you wont win anything.

Ezekial
11-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Hate less to get more respect.

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Hate less to get more respect.

Just telling the truth.

DLeeicious
11-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Boozer will hurt his scoring numbers a little. But im sure Rose will still find a way to chuck up his shots.

He'll just keep chucking up his shots at 49%. Man he is such an inefficient chucker.

Stop posting, you are worse than dnewguy with your low knowledge and high hate.

Stunner
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Scola and Brook the most likely

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Contending for what? They are the 5th best team in the east at best?
Who the ******* voted for Durant to fall out of the top 10?:facepalm:

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
He'll just keep chucking up his shots at 49%. Man he is such an inefficient chucker.

Stop posting, you are worse than dnewguy with your low knowledge and high hate.

Rose is shooting 45%....and despite shooting only 21% from 3 he takes five 3's a game. Not that efficient. Rose is a sg playing the point

DLeeicious
11-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Rose is shooting 45%....and despite shooting only 21% from 3 he takes five 3's a game. Not that efficient. Rose is a sg playing the point

In 3 games this season, look at the last 2 seasons. I can't believe how many times people have made generalizations for this season's stats. Do people not understand sample size?

RulerSlick
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
If these are the top 10 for the season, then Durant's scoring title will be easier than we all thought.

:laugh2:

It should be pretty easy for Durant to get the scoring title considering his biggest threats (Wade and lebron) are shooting like 6-9 FGA's below their normal FGA pace.

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
In 3 games this season, look at the last 2 seasons. I can't believe how many times people have made generalizations for this season's stats. Do people not understand sample size?

He is shooting about 6 more shots a game sofar. If he shoots more his % is going to go down and is down. Still has no 3 point range.

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM

I understand all of that. But the fact is he has never been able to hit the 3 ball but he understood that and didnt take them. He first 2 seasons he only took an average of 1 per game. And now he is taking 5 per game?

D1JM
11-03-2010, 01:39 PM

who the **** said about winning anything?

Stunner
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Why do u guy's dislike Rose so much as a player and be honest? I knw many Bulls fans overrate him but the guy has talent and he is improving. It seems like people never want to give the kid credit, every player has flaws when they are this young in their NBA career. Rose is really a pass first PG but is forced to score due to the make up of the team. Bulls fans didnt like him putting up 30 shots in the first two games but when Rose was passing they were hitting open shots and Deng wasnt nowhere to be found until the Blazers game. Rose kept getting stuck with the ball when the shot clock was running down so he had to take a rushed shot. Im happy Rose is taking more 3pt shot this year even though its not at a high % he is taking it when the D is giving him room. When the players shoot like they did against the Blazers Rose wouldnt have to score as much as he does. And Rose is always had a good FG% for a PG he will be around 49 or 50% by the end of the year. And who voted for Kobe and Durant to drop off?

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
who the **** said about winning anything?

Oh, my bad. Atleast your honest.

DLeeicious
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
He is shooting about 6 more shots a game sofar. If he shoots more his % is going to go down and is down. Still has no 3 point range.

I understand all of that. But the fact is he has never been able to hit the 3 ball but he understood that and didnt take them. He first 2 seasons he only took an average of 1 per game. And now he is taking 5 per game?

Maybe his percentages will go down with higher volume that is yet to be seen as we are THREE games into the season. Same with his 3 point shot we have yet to see it's potential effectiveness. My point is he is far from a chucker, he is in fact quite an efficient point guard and you hardly see him taking bad shots (the game vs. OKC was the exception where he was forcing bad shots - everyone has games like that). That initial poster just never posts anything constructive, I don't even know why he posts.

D1JM
11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

averaging 9 assist a game too

Stunner
11-03-2010, 01:45 PM

He wont be taking that many 3's a game. Its only been 3 games and the 1st two they were losing big and he was the main scorer and had no help besides Noah those game and had to take shots to catch up.

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
averaging 9 assist a game too

and 5 to's also.

D1JM
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh, my bad. Atleast your honest.

arent we talking about who is most likely to fall off the pace? then you bring up you wont win nothing? Stay on topic.

Gibby23
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
arent we talking about who is most likely to fall off the pace? then you bring up you wont win nothing? Stay on topic.

That is why I think ZRose will fall off once Boozer is back. I think the team and coach want to win, and they are smart enough to know that with the PG leading the team in scoring, they won't win.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Scola, Lopez, and Gay will all drop.

DLeeicious
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
That is why I think ZRose will fall off once Boozer is back. I think the team and coach want to win, and they are smart enough to know that with the PG leading the team in scoring, they won't win.

Right, moving forward it's not going to be about taking the best shot on a given possession (Rose driving to the hoop or taking an open jumper when teams try to prevent him from driving to the hoop), it's going to be about ensuring Rose doesn't lead the team in scoring. So if come 4th quarter he is at 20 points and the next highest scorer is at 16, Rose will be instructed to only pass to that player until he eclipses the 20 point mark, because again if he leads us in scoring we WON'T win the game or make the playoffs or win a playoffs series, we just won't. The NBA definitely isn't about taking the best shot on each possession, it's simply about making sure your PG does NOT lead you in scoring, because that's the only sure fire way to not win in this league.

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Why do u guy's dislike Rose so much as a player and be honest? I knw many Bulls fans overrate him but the guy has talent and he is improving. It seems like people never want to give the kid credit, every player has flaws when they are this young in their NBA career. Rose is really a pass first PG but is forced to score due to the make up of the team. Bulls fans didnt like him putting up 30 shots in the first two games but when Rose was passing they were hitting open shots and Deng wasnt nowhere to be found until the Blazers game. Rose kept getting stuck with the ball when the shot clock was running down so he had to take a rushed shot. Im happy Rose is taking more 3pt shot this year even though its not at a high % he is taking it when the D is giving him room. When the players shoot like they did against the Blazers Rose wouldnt have to score as much as he does. And Rose is always had a good FG% for a PG he will be around 49 or 50% by the end of the year. And who voted for Kobe and Durant to drop off?
I personally dont dislike the guy. I live in Memphis and have been watching him since he put on the tiger blue. I actually like seeing him play. But to many people see the highlight plays and dunks and overate him. He is improving though. He is not a top 5 pg. A top 5 talent? Maybe

D1JM
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM

as long as he is averaging around 9 assist a game its all fine with me. Rose, if he wants will shoot 20 shots a game. He will shoot around 49% so that is fine with me.

Stunner
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I personally dont dislike the guy. I live in Memphis and have been watching him since he put on the tiger blue. I actually like seeing him play. But to many people see the highlight plays and dunks and overate him. He is improving though. He is not a top 5 pg. A top 5 talent? Maybe

Yeah agree 100%

DaBUU
11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
you cant hate on Roses game. Just like you cant hate on Rondos game, John Wall's game, Tyreke's game, etc. All of these guys are currently some of the worlds best basketball players, it really is nitpicking once you start saying what they dont do well. Rose will average 24 plus a game this season because thats what hes capable of, not sure if that keeps him in the top ten, but who cares as long as its helping the Bulls win. Some of you guys in here really let prejudice towards Bulls fans cloud your judgement. Just like its done to me when its come to Rondo, but i realize Rondo is a very good point guard and need to stop with that crap.

DaBUU
11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah agree 100%

off topic

Ace33Bone
11-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I am going to have to go with Ellis... Because when Curry comes back he is going to have to share some of those shot attempts... He will still average over 20 ppgs but no where near 27

Hellcrooner
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
i would swear I thomas was the leading scorer of the back to back champuons of 89 and 90

Raph12
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I think Martin, Lopez, Gasol and Gay will drop off before Scola... I don't expect 27ppg, but somewhere around 20-10 isn't too farfetched.

Stunner
11-03-2010, 02:24 PM
i would swear I thomas was the leading scorer of the back to back champuons of 89 and 90

Yeah i think he did and thats who Rose has been compared to but he is not.

tcav701
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Scola/Martin (one has to drop big), Gasol, Gay, Rose, Scola/Martin (the other one), Lopez

In that order

Chill_Will_24
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Personally I USED to luv Derrick Rose! I loved his game, and his humble nature. Actually I still do! The problem is that he got drafted by the wrong team imo. Any other team wouldve been fine but ever since the Jordan days most Bulls fans feel a since of entitlement and overrate their players ridiculously. I was looking forward to seeing him dominate till I saw a dozen threads about one of his dunks. Or another dozen about some crossover from high school... I just got sick of him. Kinda like when you eat too much of the same food... You just can't stand it anymore...

DaBUU
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Personally I USED to luv Derrick Rose! I loved his game, and his humble nature. Actually I still do! The problem is that he got drafted by the wrong team imo. Any other team wouldve been fine but ever since the Jordan days most Bulls fans feel a since of entitlement and overrate their players ridiculously. I was looking forward to seeing him dominate till I saw a dozen threads about one of his dunks. Or another dozen about some crossover from high school... I just got sick of him. Kinda like when you eat too much of the same food... You just can't stand it anymore...

this I agree with. But the same thing seems to be happening with John Wall.

Stunner
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah Bulls going overboard Rose and Wall going shopping for ankle braces lets make a thread :facepalm:

JordansBulls
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Look how many threads we have on Rondo or Dwill or CP3, etc? We have a ton of them.

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Yeah he's a chucker alright:rolleyes:

zambo4president
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Contending for what?

The Central division and the Eastern Conference championship.

pistonsfanomg
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I honestly think Louis Scola will...

Second is Brook Lopez imo

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
The Central division and the Eastern Conference championship.

Central division?..Yes..... Eastern Conference championship? WOW!!!!!!

Stunner
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Central division?..Yes..... Eastern Conference championship? WOW!!!!!!

Yup we have a chance to get to the Eastern Conference finals.

gbrl
11-03-2010, 05:49 PM
scola and ellis

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Yup we have a chance to get to the Eastern Conference finals.

In theory yes but in reality no. They are not better than the Heat, Celtics or Magic with or without Boozer. And they will have to go through at least 1 of them to get there

Big Quett
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
scola and ellis
I dont see how people can say Ellis when he was 6th last year with 25.5 ppg

Stunner
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
In theory yes but in reality no. They are not better than the Heat, Celtics or Magic with or without Boozer. And they will have to go through at least 1 of them to get there

we will see.

Mplsman
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Scola. No brainer.

TheGiantYankee
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
EDIT: Lol I thought Rose had 56 votes nevermind

Avenged
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Out of that list, I would say Scola.. He's perhaps the most "limited" of the bunch in terms of offense compared to the other guys mentioned, and the Rockets are a team that has a couple of offensive weapons.

Pau Gasol will also go down a bit and average around 20 points per game for the first time as a Laker in my opinion.