3. John Wall
4. Derrick Rose
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Tyreke Evans
8. Deron Williams
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Rodney Stuckey

This isn't a list of the best Point Guards right now, although how they play now effects the list, but it is the Top 10 Point Guards of the future. "Who we will be talking about for 5-10 years.

Whose in your list?

Hustlenomics
11-03-2010, 01:41 AM
1. Rondo

the rest

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Wait, do people really think Rondo will be better than Chris Paul in five years?

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll take a shot and say Mike Conley at #10. Probably Darren Collison or Jrue Holiday though.

McKinnon91
11-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Wait, do people really think Rondo will be better than Chris Paul in five years?

Absolutely.

Other then believing Rondo is more talented the Paul, in 5 years, All the Celtics Hall of Famers will be gone and it will be Rondo's team, making him show up on the box scores too.

asandhu23
11-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Tyreke is NOT a PG.

PC
Paul's only a year older than Rondo so I find it highly unlikely that Rondo will surpass Paul in the next 5-10 yrs

McKinnon91
I'll take a shot and say Mike Conley at #10. Probably Darren Collison or Jrue Holiday though.

I was thinking of putting Conley at 9 or 10. He will be great too.

And Holiday, as of now, is a horrible shooter. He would have to improve it drastically to be considered a top PG.

John Walls Era
Tyreke Evans doesn't play PG anymore (he stopped last year actually). I like it except Chris Paul is way too high.

Hes better than Chris Paul now.

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Absolutely.

Other then believing Rondo is more talented the Paul, in 5 years, All the Celtics Hall of Famers will be gone and it will be Rondo's team, making him show up on the box scores too.

So Rondo is going to magically learn how to shoot and put up the same amount of assists when he isn't surrounded by three hall of famers?

McKinnon91
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Tyreke is NOT a PG.

Fine. Best Player at the PG position... Better? haha

^Although that could eventually include Lebron. So Scratch that

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 01:52 AM
So Rondo is going to magically learn how to shoot and put up the same amount of assists when he isn't surrounded by three hall of famers?

This. I want to see what Rondo can do without those great shooters around him.

McKinnon91
11-03-2010, 01:54 AM

Rondo's shot is 10 times better then it was when he was a rookie. And I don't think Chris Paul has a great shot himself.
But yeah, most of his assists now are to role players and bench guys (exluding KG, because they do that play where rondo penetrates and Kg is at the top of the key alot). The Big Three make there own shot opportunities most of the time.

Sir Buckets
11-03-2010, 01:57 AM
In the future:

Best pure distributor(s): Rondo/Paul (in no particular order... I can't decide. Rondo's tearing **** apart at the moment though.)

Best player at the PG position: Rose

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Rondo's shot is 10 times better then it was when he was a rookie.

Really? The same Rondo who bricked open jumpshots and free throws in the Finals?

And I don't think Chris Paul has a great shot himself.

Based on what? Chris Paul is a good mid-range and 3-point shooter.

Rondo will never be able to carry the scoring load and dish out assists at the same time with the game he currently has.

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 02:00 AM
I also think Russel Westbrook could be much better than people think.

Mane
11-03-2010, 02:01 AM
I would move rose wall Paul all over rondo because rondo can't score, Paul is already a better PG than Rondo, and Rose is on the fringe of being better than him with 2 years behind in age.

That's coming from a Rondo fan boy, but in today's game, great point guards need to be able to score at a high rate to keep defenses on their toes.

Also, Jrue Holliday and Collison should be great..

Hunter48MVP
11-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Russell Westbrook is the PG to watch. Then Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose.

Mane
11-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Can't forget Curry either.

Baller1
11-03-2010, 02:04 AM
1. Williams
2. Paul
3. Rondo
4. Westbrook
5. Rose
6. Curry
7. Wall

Giants-49ers-Ws
curry's goin 2 b best in league..and not on ur list!

Gilly1254
how old is deron williams?

John Walls Era
11-03-2010, 02:05 AM
For me (who I look forward to watching):

1. Deron Williams
2. Rajon Rondo
3. John Wall
4. Derrick Rose
5. Steph Curry

DerekRE_3
11-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Tyreke is NOT a PG.

aaaand who cares. He's a guard.

John Walls Era
11-03-2010, 02:06 AM
how old is deron williams?

LINK (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Deron+WIlliams+age)

Gilly1254
11-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Rondo's shot is 10 times better then it was when he was a rookie. And I don't think Chris Paul has a great shot himself.
But yeah, most of his assists now are to role players and bench guys (exluding KG, because they do that play where rondo penetrates and Kg is at the top of the key alot). The Big Three make there own shot opportunities most of the time.

:facepalm: youre an idiot

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 02:07 AM
1. Paul
2. Curry
3. Westbrook
4. Wall
5. Rondo/Rose

Fixed it for ya.

Afridi786
11-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
John Wall
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Aaron Brooks

Top 3 are going to be your 20ppg/10asg guys, Rose will be that D-Wade type player, and Rondo will probably be the best defender and assist guy but wont be able to carry a team on his shoulders which the top four can, and the rest will be very good guards but not in the upper echelon.

meloman1592
11-03-2010, 02:08 AM
wow...rondo starts on fire and he's better than cp3 now? give me a break...when healthy chris paul is always in MVP talks. Rondo...not so much. I do however think rondo is top 3...all around great player

Baller1
11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Fixed it for ya.

I don't think Curry will be a top 2 PG; could be wrong of course, I just don't think so.

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 02:11 AM
LINK (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Deron+WIlliams+age)

:clap: That's awesome.

Gilly1254
11-03-2010, 02:13 AM
1. CP3
2. D Will
3. Westbrook
4. Rose/Rondo

I really don't think Rondo will be able to handle the scoring load post big 3

numba1CHANGsta
11-03-2010, 02:13 AM
These are my Top 10 for the next 5-10 years:

1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Rondo
4. Derrick Rose
5. Wall
6. Brandon Jennings
7. Russell Westbrook
8. Curry
9. Darren Collison
10. Aaron Brooks

Hustlenomics
11-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Really? The same Rondo who bricked open jumpshots and free throws in the Finals?

Rondo will never be able to carry the scoring load and dish out assists at the same time with the game he currently has.

at least he made it to the finals twice unlike paul who hasn't made it ONCE :rolleyes:

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't think Curry will be a top 2 PG; could be wrong of course, I just don't think so.

Curry, Westbrook and Wall all could be #2.

Baller1
11-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Curry, Westbrook and Wall all could be #2.

I think it's possible, but it's tough with Williams and Paul in the league.

Wall has definitely proved me wrong though, I thought he was completely overrated. But damn, he's looked dominant thus far.

Gilly1254
11-03-2010, 02:20 AM
at least he made it to the finals twice unlike paul who hasn't made it ONCE :rolleyes:

Did Rondo single handedly carry his team to the conference finals or did he have 3 hall of famers on his team as well? Oh, CP3 did.

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 02:22 AM

The Hornets wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 08 and 09 if Rondo was there instead of Paul.

What a weak, pathetic argument.

Hustlenomics
11-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Yes because meaningless hypothetical situations are such strong arguments

VinceCarter
11-03-2010, 02:27 AM
I think it's possible, but it's tough with Williams and Paul in the league.

Wall has definitely proved me wrong though, I thought he was completely overrated. But damn, he's looked dominant thus far.

I keep forgetting Williams is young. Okay so those 3 could all be #3.

I think CP3 and DWill will keep their 1 and 2 spots locked up since they will probably both get a little better before their careers are over just like everyone else on the list.

McKinnon91
11-03-2010, 02:31 AM

Granted, Rondo takes a decent amount of less shots then Paul, he has had a better FG % through his career. Paul has an edge on the 3Point %.

Rondo has missed 5 games at the most during a given season thus far.
Chris Paul has had two seasons of under 65 games (including 45 last year)

Chris Paul is Def. a better Free Throw Shooter.

They are pretty close in Rebounding, Although I do think Rondo is a better rebounder, he just has less opportunities because of the big men on his team, where as Paul has more chances for boards.

Chris Paul's Assist Per game has gone down the last three years, and Rondos is climbing, and is obviously going to continue looking at this year so far.

I think Rondo is much better at defense, whether or not it shows up on the stat sheet. he's just better 1 v. 1... he's an annoying help defender to any opponent. and he can guard the biggest PGs.

Generally, Rondo has less turnovers then Paul (excluding this year)

As of Now, Paul is a better scorer then Rondo overall... But I do think Rondo could score at will with his elusiveness and speed...where as Paul is forced to score 20 a game to keep his team in competition.

And I don't know how you can say anything about the Playoffs in this debate.

In 2008 Rondo had a great Playoff season. As a second year guy, he had a big series against the Bulls...A decent next two series, and then a great performance in a series clinching win for the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

In 09 he had a Huge series against the Bulls..and then series against the Magic where he had to carry the team in some games with his double doubles.

Last Year... He was a solid contributor to the Series win vs. the Heat...He had a dominating series against the Cavs including a game 4 win where he had a triple double (29 18 13) 18 rebounds! Tossed alot of assists in the Magic Celtics series. And then he did great in the Finals, where he had another triple double in game 2..

So Yes. I think Rondo is, and will continue to be better then Chris Paul

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Yes because meaningless hypothetical situations are such strong arguments

Let's use your "logic" and apply it to other players.

Ron Artest is better than LeBron because he has a ring and has been in the Finals.

Derek Fisher is just as good as Magic Johnson.

Rajon Rondo is better than John Stockton because he has a ring.

This is using your logic, here. Apparently, players don't have to actually play better than other players to be considered better. All they need is three hall of famers on their team and a Finals trip or two.

And if you were trying to say that merely making it to the Finals is enough for Rondo to be in the discussion, then that's even worse.

McKinnon91
11-03-2010, 02:43 AM
It is fair to rank these Point Guards on Stats, but you have to look deeper then that.

Someone(s) just watch 4 or 5 Celtics Games this year... You may not see at the end of the game a huge box score line from Rondo(although it's possible)... But just watch how he plays and tell me again that he isn't at least a top 2 Point Guard. He really is effected by the Big Three.. They do honestly hold him back from his true potential.(Which doesn't make it Negative) He is taught to pass to these three(Which is Right) and they run the show. But if you watch some of his moves, and shots, and how he penetrates...its like no other. Derrick Rose has a similar approach to the basket...but I don't think Rose has the vision Rondo does even when he is in the paint with the ball...

So just watch a few Celtics games and get back to me

**** And it's not like I don't watch these other Point Guards, I watch NBA basketball (and college) all the time... With NBA League pass too... so I see these other players alot.

TehSamurai
11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Granted, Rondo takes a decent amount of less shots then Paul, he has had a better FG % through his career. Paul has an edge on the 3Point %.

And? Rondo has never and can never be the leading scorer on his team. He shoots a high percentage because the defense doesn't focus on him.

Rondo has missed 5 games at the most during a given season thus far.
Chris Paul has had two seasons of under 65 games (including 45 last year)

And?

Chris Paul is Def. a better Free Throw Shooter.

And a better jump shooter.

They are pretty close in Rebounding, Although I do think Rondo is a better rebounder, he just has less opportunities because of the big men on his team, where as Paul has more chances for boards.

Rebounding is really irrelevant when the stats are nearly the same and the position being talked about is point guard.

Chris Paul's Assist Per game has gone down the last three years, and Rondos is climbing, and is obviously going to continue looking at this year so far.

Chris Paul's assists per game have gone down, but they are still better than Rondo's from any season.

I think Rondo is much better at defense, whether or not it shows up on the stat sheet. he's just better 1 v. 1... he's an annoying help defender to any opponent. and he can guard the biggest PGs.

Point guard defense is not crucial in any way shape or form.

Generally, Rondo has less turnovers then Paul (excluding this year)

Paul has a better ast/tov ratio by far.

As of Now, Paul is a better scorer then Rondo overall... But I do think Rondo could score at will with his elusiveness and speed...where as Paul is forced to score 20 a game to keep his team in competition.

Rondo couldn't score when nobody was guarding him, so how would he be able to score at will when the defense focuses on him? He has no jumpshot and he can't shoot free throws. Rondo's inability to score with nobody on him in the Finals cost the Celtics the title.

And I don't know how you can say anything about the Playoffs in this debate.

In 2008 Rondo had a great Playoff season. As a second year guy, he had a big series against the Bulls...A decent next two series, and then a great performance in a series clinching win for the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

In 09 he had a Huge series against the Bulls..and then series against the Magic where he had to carry the team in some games with his double doubles.

Last Year... He was a solid contributor to the Series win vs. the Heat...He had a dominating series against the Cavs including a game 4 win where he had a triple double (29 18 13) 18 rebounds! Tossed alot of assists in the Magic Celtics series. And then he did great in the Finals, where he had another triple double in game 2..

Rajon Rondo's career post season stats (since Rondo supporters like to only talk about series he played well in):

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1864/rondoplayoffs.jpg (http://img824.imageshack.us/i/rondoplayoffs.jpg/)

Chris Paul's career post season stats:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7032/paulplayoffs.jpg (http://img2.imageshack.us/i/paulplayoffs.jpg/)

As anyone can see, Paul blows Rondo away. I could bring up career stats, but Paul would blow Rondo away in those two (Chris's rookie season is statistically better than any of Rondo's seasons).

So Yes. I think Rondo is, and will continue to be better then Chris Paul

That's funny, because Rondo has never been better than Chris Paul, and to continue to be better at something, one would have to be better in the first place.

And in response to your other posts, I have watched Celtics games (obviously). I watched Rondo brick open jumpshots and free throws and get burned by Derrick Fisher in the Finals.

alencp3
11-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Put CP3 on the Celtics he will average 20 assist
He has only Marco who is a decent shooter

aussie
11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
CP3
Rondo
Curry
Rose
Jennings
Deron
Westbrook
Wall
Brooks
Collison

Sactown
11-03-2010, 11:00 AM
CP3
D-Will
Rondo
W-brook
TYREKE
Rose

Hustlenomics
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Let's use your "logic" and apply it to other players.

Ron Artest is better than LeBron because he has a ring and has been in the Finals.

Derek Fisher is just as good as Magic Johnson.

Rajon Rondo is better than John Stockton because he has a ring.

This is using your logic, here. Apparently, players don't have to actually play better than other players to be considered better. All they need is three hall of famers on their team and a Finals trip or two.

And if you were trying to say that merely making it to the Finals is enough for Rondo to be in the discussion, then that's even worse.

lol wasn't my logic learn how to read ..you're the one saying Rondo wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if he was in pauls place yet he made the finals lmao @ the defenses doesn't focus on him ..you clearly don't watch the games or hear what coaches say about Rondo :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
1. Williams
2. Paul
3. Rondo
4. Westbrook
5. Rose
6. Curry
7. Wall

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
John Wall
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Aaron Brooks

Top 3 are going to be your 20ppg/10asg guys, Rose will be that D-Wade type player, and Rondo will probably be the best defender and assist guy but wont be able to carry a team on his shoulders which the top four can, and the rest will be very good guards but not in the upper echelon.

These were the two best lists. It has to be CP3/Deron in either order to start any list. Then how you mix and match the rest of the top 6 is up to you but it needs Rondo, Rose, Westbrook and Wall with Curry/Evans right on the border (although I'm not sure I count Tyreke at PG either). Personally who I would want on my team would be:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo (He gives your team a slightly better chance to win with his defense and passing than the more scoring oriented PGs)
4. John Wall
5. Derrick Rose
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Stephen Curry
8. Devin Harris
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Toney Douglas :) (just leave let me get away with it)

wirez
11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Seems like a good list especially if Paul can stay healthy.

Gilly1254
11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
lol wasn't my logic learn how to read ..you're the one saying Rondo wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if he was in pauls place yet he made the finals lmao @ the defenses doesn't focus on him ..you clearly don't watch the games or hear what coaches say about Rondo :facepalm:

He wouldnt and its not even close... Rondo is the 4th scoring option on his team. THE FOURTH. CP3 is the first second third and fourth. When the big 3 are gone rondos assist will go down, ppg will go up but fg% will drastically go down.

JordansBulls
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
1. Rajon Rondo
2. Chris Paul
3. John Wall
4. Derrick Rose
5. Brandon Jennings
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Tyreke Evans
8. Deron Williams
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Rodney Stuckey

This isn't a list of the best Point Guards right now, although how they play now effects the list, but it is the Top 10 Point Guards of the future. "Who we will be talking about for 5-10 years.

Whose in your list?

Rondo is the new version of Jason Kidd. Can play "D", can create for others, but can't shoot worth a lick.

numba1CHANGsta
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
You guys are forgetting about Ricky Rubio! :D

Avenged
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
For the future in 5 years or so:

1. Chris Paul
2. Rose
3. Deron Williams
4. Rondo
5. Curry

There are so many potential good point guards nowadays in Westbrook, Wall, Tyreke etc..

Hustlenomics
11-03-2010, 11:16 PM
He wouldnt and its not even close... Rondo is the 4th scoring option on his team. THE FOURTH. CP3 is the first second third and fourth. When the big 3 are gone rondos assist will go down, ppg will go up but fg% will drastically go down.

lol thanks do you know what the weather will be like in 5 years too? lmfao

Gilly1254
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
lol thanks do you know what the weather will be like in 5 years too? lmfao

Actually I do... And you would know this too if you actually thought about it. Who's he gonna pass to when the big 3 are gone? Big Baby? Yeah okay... Use your brain buddy.

Hustlenomics
11-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Actually I do... And you would know this too if you actually thought about it. Who's he gonna pass to when the big 3 are gone? Big Baby? Yeah okay... Use your brain buddy.

use my brain? so what will the celtics roster be in 2014 genius? you don't know so stop making dumb assumptions

Raph12
11-05-2010, 02:05 AM
One injury-riddled season and everyone has already written CP3 off, don't worry, by the end of this year you'll all be "hoppin on the bandwagon" again...

My Top 10 PGs Looking Forward:
1. Chris Paul
2. John Wall
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Derrick Rose
5. Tyreke Evans
6. Deron Williams
7. Russell Westbrook
8. Stephon Curry
9. Unknown
10. Unknown

I think Aaron Brooks, Darren Collison, Brandon Jennings and Rodney Stuckey still have much to prove, they've shown a few signs but not enough for me to think they'll be top 10 PGs in the league in the next 5-10 years.

Gilly1254
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
use my brain? so what will the celtics roster be in 2014 genius? you don't know so stop making dumb assumptions

Hmm I do know if they dont retire and stay with the celtics
Ray Allen will be 39
Paul Pierce will be 37
KG will be 38

So I'm saying what i said before... Who will Rondo be passing to? Hes not gonna be getting all of the assist he is now unless Bosotn goes out and gets 3 more hall of famers which i dont see happening.