PDA

View Full Version : Marcin Gortat Has No Love for New York City

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Gortat went a little John Rocker when asked about the Big Apple and playing in MSG tonight. From the Orlando Sentinel: “When a reporter asked Marcin Gortat what he thought of playing in New York City, Marcin Gortat began by saying he was sorry. Why was he sorry? For what came afterward. ‘The only thing I remember about New York is — it’s sad — but it’s terribly dirty,’ Gortat said. ‘And it smells bad, too. I’m sorry to say that, and I know New York fans will hate me probably. But it’s an incredibly city, great city, great fans… I love the fans and I love the famous people. I remember my rookie year I was sitting in the second row trying to find as many famous people as possible. But now, the memories I got is it’s just a dirty, dirty place.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/marcin-gortat-has-no-love-for-new-york-city/

Gortat, I like you man but why did you have to say that?

ChiSox219
11-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Truth hurts

adidas2307
11-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry D Roses Bulls, but as mentioned above, the truth does hurt.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Truth hurts

I dont care for the knicks, but the city isnt that bad. I dont remember it smelling, but then again I guess I stayed on the nice side of town or something when I visited

Avenged
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
:laugh2: players seem to be coming out and trashing cities now..

Never been to NY but all I hear are good stories. :shrug:

[aside from the couple of bad areas]

Slimsim
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Guessing Gortat got lost in Flatbush lol

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
:laugh2: players seem to be coming out and trashing cities now..

Never been to NY but all I hear are good stories. :shrug:

[aside from the couple of bad areas]

yea central park from what I hear now which is kind of weird

SaimoNETS
11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
yea central park from what I hear now which is kind of weird

At night, it's Rape Central. I'm not even kidding

pistonsfanomg
11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
lol

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM

thats what I been hearing.

netsgiantsyanks
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
new york city isnt as great as people assume. yeah its nice, but at the same time, you need to be careful. like someone mentioned above, central park at night is rape central. you can get mugged, robbed, or whatever at any given time considering how many people roam the streets.

thescore53
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM
i sse alot of sad videos from wshh taped in NY. the bad areas are BAD !!!!

NYKnickFanatic
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
New York is a great city, but it is dirty. I heard Portland is a great city, one of the cleanest ever.

Hoopsadvocate
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/marcin-gortat-has-no-love-for-new-york-city/

Gortat, I like you man but why did you have to say that?

cause its true :shrug:

el_primo_nano
11-02-2010, 10:00 PM
It is kind of dirty, but its my city and i love it

Nikeman
11-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Honestly, is Gortrat or whatever trying to be in the publics eye?

First calling out the Heat, now NYC? Go back to your country, honestly..

Also, if we are going to play the game with trashing every city, EVERY city has problems.. LA, Houston, Chicago, D.C.

Every single one

JnasD
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Gortat i guess wants to be NY Public Enenmy number 1.

oak2455

I think you mean Newark........Crime capital

John Walls Era
I've only really been in Manhattan and it was nice (winter).

thescore53
11-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Honestly, is Gortrat or whatever trying to be in the publics eye?

First calling out the Heat, now NYC? Go back to your country, honestly..

Also, if we are going to play the game with trashing every city, EVERY city has problems.. LA, Houston, Chicago, D.C.

Every single one

miami :D

thescore53
11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
manhantan is amazing. omg. i dream about living there all the time.

llemon
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Lived in Manhattan the first 50 years of my now 60 on this Earth.

Manhattan has changed quite drastically over the years.

Not crazy about Bloomberg's NYC.

Too damned crowded.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 10:39 PM
dang a lot of stuff got deleted in this thread, some of the comments i didnt think were that bad, but besides the one person.

anyways everyones entitled to their own opinion and so is gortat

Cromedome
11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Marcin Gortat has an opinion? Who or what is a Marcin Gortat?

llemon
11-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Some millionaire guy.

adidas2307
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Nyc > poland

I doubt you've ever been to Poland if you make that kind of statement. I would recommend a trip to Poland before one to NYC any day of the week.

:no:

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 10:50 PM

:confused:

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
If you want to die faster, why not?

Lmao...... I know its wrong to laugh, but thats funny

td0tsfinest
11-02-2010, 10:58 PM
lol. You would think Gortat was from Turkey (cause Granger made those comments during the World Championships)

I've never been but New York is quite the populated city, I wouldn't be surprised if there was trash everywhere. As for the smell, :shrug:

mikedesi1004
11-02-2010, 11:00 PM
I doubt you've ever been to Poland if you make that kind of statement. I would recommend a trip to Poland before one to NYC any day of the week.

i have no desire taking a 10 hour flight to poland. but i do live in NYC. we have some of the best restaurants in the world, some of the hottest women, and their is money to be made in NYC. its pretty awesome here. but whatever..to each his own....

adidas2307
11-02-2010, 11:03 PM
i have no desire taking a 10 hour flight to poland. but i do live in NYC. we have some of the best restaurants in the world, some of the hottest women, and their is money to be made in NYC. its pretty awesome here. but whatever..to each his own....

Fair enough. I would argue the women part though.. Polish women are easily up there.

NYsFinest
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM

:no:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and many people might not like the city life, the crowds w.e.

BUT only people from Poland would say you should visit Poland over NYC. I can respect people saying they don't want to live here but to VISIT this should one of the top destinations for anyone in the world not from NY.

Like I said to each is own, but to compare Poland to NYC tourism-wise is the most biased thing I have ever heard.

What place doesn't have problems? You think Miami doesn't have crime infested and smelly areas? You think LA isn't dirty? You can't even see past the smog there and lets not get started on the rough neighborhoods there.

adidas2307
11-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and many people might not like the city life, the crowds w.e.

BUT only people from Poland would say you should visit Poland over NYC. I can respect people saying they don't want to live here but to VISIT this should one of the top destinations for anyone in the world not from NY.

Like I said to each is own, but to compare Poland to NYC tourism-wise is the most biased thing I have ever heard.

What place doesn't have problems? You think Miami doesn't have crime infested and smelly areas? You think LA isn't dirty? You can't even see past the smog there and lets not get started on the rough neighborhoods there.

Did I ever label NYC as problematic, crime infested, smelly, and dirty? I also did not say to not visit NYC. I simply said I would recommend Poland over NYC. Obviously, NYC is a great tourist attraction and a great city.

Chi-Town Sports
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I myself am Polish and i believe he is an old-school type of person. In Poland the major cities are very old and the buildings are not modern at all compared to NYC. I am not judging either but if he grew up in Poland you many infer he is not used to the modern type of city such as New York.

Hustla23
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, that was weird.

New York is the awesomest city in the country, point blank. :shrug:

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Well, that was weird.

New York is the awesomest city in the country, point blank. :shrug:

well we could have a discussion on that all that, but I will simply put that I don't agree

adidas2307
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Eh, not really. The major cities of Krakow and Warszawa are definitely much more modern than you think. Gortat was also born in one of the largest cities in Poland..lol

Hustla23
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM
well we could have a discussion on that all that, but I will simply put that I don't agree
Obviously. Haters gonna hate. :shrug:

Hunter48MVP
11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Never thought Gortat would say that about New York. Never been to NY, but I hope I go their someday

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Obviously. Haters gonna hate. :shrug:

I don't hate NYC, but I dont think its the best

oak2455
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM

because Chi Town is better:crazy:

NYsFinest
11-02-2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.centralpark.com/usr/photos/large/83/central-park-from-above.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.centralpark.com/photos/show/11907/central-park-from-above&usg=__QItMYFF07011fO5CAqQrZkNnqUw=&h=3056&w=4592&sz=971&hl=en&start=8&sig2=L9NoBpZpTrglKXH9xdANNA&zoom=1&tbnid=wbBGcjgVHaujfM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=150&ei=DNzQTMeCA4OBlAe649myDA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcentral%2Bpark%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26s afe%3Doff%26biw%3D1408%26bih%3D671%26tbs%3Disch:10 %2C613&um=1&itbs=1&biw=1408&bih=671

enough said...

Evolution23
11-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I <3 NY

If Marcin doesn't like it, that's fine, he doesn't have to live here. But midtown Manhattan is not dirty or smelly, so I don't know where he was that he got that impression. Staten Island maybe?

IAmKira
11-02-2010, 11:53 PM
If Gortat wasnt a basketball player, he would be one of the rapist in rape central? :P

Gortat goes Gawrrrr

Evolution23
11-02-2010, 11:55 PM
if gortat wasnt a basketball player, he would be one of the rapist in rape central? :p

gortat goes gawrrrr

lmao

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2010, 11:56 PM
because Chi Town is better:crazy:

well IMO it is. better food and a lot cleaner. I dont think you have ever been to the CHI have you?

mikedesi1004
11-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I <3 NY

If Marcin doesn't like it, that's fine, he doesn't have to live here. But midtown Manhattan is not dirty or smelly, so I don't know where he was that he got that impression. Staten Island maybe?

ouch man..thats hurts..lol..i hate staten island..it sucks here :( .. but i absolutely love manhattan.

kingbrentg
11-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Different strokes for different folks.

NYsFinest
11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
well IMO it is. better food and a lot cleaner. I dont think you have ever been to the CHI have you?

Both are great cities... dumb to argue. To say food is better in Chi than NY is clearly an opinion because NY is world renowned for its food and restaurants. First off not all of NY is dirty, all cities have rough areas. Some areas of NY may seem dirty, but as weird as it sounds, that's a part of the cities charm... the city is just so full of life that no matter where I travel nothing compares to the energy and excitement of the Manhattan.

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Different strokes for different folks.

yep

Evolution23
11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
ouch man..thats hurts..lol..i hate staten island..it sucks here :( .. but i absolutely love manhattan.

sorry dude but statel island is the worst.. Long island is clean but boring as fcuk. I love Manhattan though, def the best borough.

Kashmir13579
11-03-2010, 02:59 AM
@D roses bulls thinks Chicago is a safer, cleaner city, with better food. i wonder if he really lives in Chicago or some suburbs four hours away. :laugh2: in 2004 Chicago had a murder rate of 15.65 per 100,000 population, more than double New York's 7.00 per 100,000 ratio.

Also, i hear they are trying to clean up the streets, but only a few years back Chicago had the worst gun problem in America.

AddiX
11-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Orlando might be cleaner but the entire state of florida needs a lesson on service. And what they call restaurants wouldn't last a week in NYC.

I thought NY education was bad but Florida is ranked the worst. Go order a meal at McDonalds and see how long it takes to get.

Of course NYC is dirty, there's 12 million people here. You can't compare other cities to nyc. They are tiny in comparison. And none of them have the culture NY has.

jimbobjarree
11-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Eh, not really. The major cities of Krakow and Warszawa are definitely much more modern than you think. Gortat was also born in one of the largest cities in Poland..lol

I went to Krakow a couple years back now, I found it very gothic/victorian-esque, modern wouldnt have been a word I'd have used. Loved the venders selling pretzels on the streets for next to nothing.

I loved it, but the country is so damn bleak in winter times it must be intolerable

Hugbees
11-03-2010, 05:22 AM
i love generalizations, all the smarties are doing it. huk huk

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 05:35 AM
@D roses bulls thinks Chicago is a safer, cleaner city, with better food. i wonder if he really lives in Chicago or some suburbs four hours away. :laugh2: in 2004 Chicago had a murder rate of 15.65 per 100,000 population, more than double New York's 7.00 per 100,000 ratio.

Also, i hear they are trying to clean up the streets, but only a few years back Chicago had the worst gun problem in America.

another person who has never been to chicago. actually i live 15-20 minutes outside depending on the traffic. and your thinking of the one area buddy, the south side and you hear a lot more people talk about coming to chicago for the food then any where else. that just shows you have never been to chicago. oh by the way, chicago doesnt have projects anymore. can you say the same about nyc? nope cause thats all you see on world star is about nyc projects.

Now dont let this get you riled up new yorkers, but i had to say this to kashmir cause he has no idea what he is talking about.

jkiddvc20
11-03-2010, 09:41 AM
New Yorkers have a huge sense of pride so we dont like when people put our city down

29$JerZ
11-03-2010, 09:42 AM
It's Marcin Gortat, how dare here :laugh:

NY > Chicago x Poland so it's a moot point
Bigger cities usually mean more pollution and trash but borough's like Manhattan are clean. The only borough I'd say are dirty all around is the Bronx.

MikeD FSQNY
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok lets get this clear, im from NY, first of all its impossible to keep manhattan really clean because there so many god dam people, second its not that its dirty, its old, Manhattan is one the oldest cities in the U.S, like Portland is cleaner, bc its newer, but yeah it a little dirty be theres millions of people packed in a small area, another thing the whole involved 5 boroughs, some parts in each boroughs are extremely nice and very wealthy, and theres poor neighborhoods that are ghetto and dirty looking, just like any other city no?, but NYC is the capital of the world and people from all over the world, travel there everyday so they gotta be doing something right, As for Gortat, i remember the knicks talking about gettin him, i smell sour grapes, hes pissed hes gotta live in Florida or something, but the way, if you ever get a chance go to Manhattan on halloween, its absolutely crazy

colinskik
11-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Try 15-20 years ago. Manhattan is so safe nowadays, which I don't like. I like a little grit and danger in my city ... it keeps all the shmoes from the Midwest away.

colinskik
11-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Fair enough. I would argue the women part though.. Polish women are easily up there.
Guess what genius, there are Polish women in NYC ... it's called Greenpoint. That's just another redeeming quality of my city that we have a little bit of everywhere in the world.

colinskik
11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
another person who has never been to chicago. actually i live 15-20 minutes outside depending on the traffic. and your thinking of the one area buddy, the south side and you hear a lot more people talk about coming to chicago for the food then any where else. that just shows you have never been to chicago. oh by the way, chicago doesnt have projects anymore. can you say the same about nyc? nope cause thats all you see on world star is about nyc projects.

Now dont let this get you riled up new yorkers, but i had to say this to kashmir cause he has no idea what he is talking about.
This post is delusional. Yes, Chicago is a great city but it's a poor man's NYC. It has great restaurants and food, but so does NYC and all great chefs/restaurateurs want to be in NYC.

And what do projects have to do with anything? Chicago is still one of the most dangerous American cities because of the gun violence. This is a known fact. And it doesn't matter if it's concentrated in the South Side because that is still part of Chicago proper. You could say the same about NYC -- if you eliminated the South Bronx, Brownsville and Bed-Stuy NYC would be the safest place in the world! Please...

And what I hate most about people from Chicago (other than their innate racism) is that so many of them live in the rich suburbs yet claim Chicago has the place they live. If someone from Long Island or Jersey tries to claim they live in NYC they get called out immediately.

Oh, and I've been to Chicago a number of times so don't try to pull that excuse again.

bears88
11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
This post is delusional. Yes, Chicago is a great city but it's a poor man's NYC. It has great restaurants and food, but so does NYC and all great chefs/restaurateurs want to be in NYC.

And what do projects have to do with anything? Chicago is still one of the most dangerous American cities because of the gun violence. This is a known fact. And it doesn't matter if it's concentrated in the South Side because that is still part of Chicago proper. You could say the same about NYC -- if you eliminated the South Bronx, Brownsville and Bed-Stuy NYC would be the safest place in the world! Please...

And what I hate most about people from Chicago (other than their innate racism) is that so many of them live in the rich suburbs yet claim Chicago has the place they live. If someone from Long Island or Jersey tries to claim they live in NYC they get called out immediately.

Oh, and I've been to Chicago a number of times so don't try to pull that excuse again.

you might have came here a couple of times, but YOU DON'T LIVE HERE SO YOU DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY AND YOUR SAYING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN CHICAGO ARE racist LOOK THEIR ALWAYS GOING TO BE RACISM ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES AND THAT'S A FACT DON'T INCLUDE ONE CITY. I RATHER LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON RATHER THAN LIVE IN A DUMP WERE PEOPLE ARE RUDE TO YOU ALL THE TIMES. I HAD LIVED IN NY FOR 5 YEARS THEN CAME BACK TO CHICAGO.OH BY THE WAY I HATE THE NY ACCENT THEY GOT I CANT STAND IT.

rapjuicer06
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
wow some of you guys are funny. every city has its qualities and things that are terrible about them. i've been to chicago, st. louis, nyc, miami, orlando, la, twin cities, san antonio, dallas...and to be honest they are all the same for the most part. well except miami...probably my favorite place during the day, and least favorite at night. every city smells because its hard to keep the streets clean. new york is no more "smelly" than chicago. i mean hell if you walking on the streets, during the day of course, i'd be surprised you could smell anything other than the womens perfume around you. you want a real stinky city try detroit...not because its a dirty city but because its a industry city....you guys are all ridiculous.

but i will say you guys have more balls than me to live in those cities. i couldn't do it. small town iowa guy here. cedar rapids is the biggest city around me. and smells like ****

colinskik
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
you might have came here a couple of times, but YOU DON'T LIVE HERE SO YOU DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY AND YOUR SAYING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN CHICAGO ARE racist LOOK THEIR ALWAYS GOING TO BE RACISM ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES AND THAT'S A FACT DON'T INCLUDE ONE CITY. I RATHER LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON RATHER THAN LIVE IN A DUMP WERE PEOPLE ARE RUDE TO YOU ALL THE TIMES. I HAD LIVED IN NY FOR 5 YEARS THEN CAME BACK TO CHICAGO.OH BY THE WAY I HATE THE NY ACCENT THEY GOT I CANT STAND IT.
Yeah, well when I walk around on the streets or take whatever you call your lame piece of transportation and I hear people continually saying N-word this, N-word that, I would classify that as racist. And I'm not talking about two black dudes talking to each other. I'm talking about some white guy telling a story to his other white dude pal, using that kind of language without any hesitation. Never hear that in NYC, and that comes from 25 years of living here. And I'm not saying that all people in Chicago are racist, simply that racism is more prevalent and seems more accepted there.

rapjuicer06
11-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah, well when I walk around on the streets or take whatever you call your lame piece of transportation and I hear people continually saying N-word this, N-word that, I would classify that as racist. And I'm not talking about two black dudes talking to each other. I'm talking about some white guy telling a story to his other white dude pal, using that kind of language without any hesitation. Never hear that in NYC, and that comes from 25 years of living here. And I'm not saying that all people in Chicago are racist, simply that racism is more prevalent and seems more accepted there.

i'll second that...down south in the cities they are terrible with that too...its just ridiculous

BOSTON617
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM

im from boston every city is like that lol even ny this is the dumbest thread lol ok every city is the sanme boston nyc chicago etc we have our nice parts witch we are all talking about and our bad parts witch other people are talking about this is a debate and there is no way u can prove one city is better then another lol we are basically all the same :facepalm:

colinskik
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
im from boston every city is like that lol even ny this is the dumbest thread lol ok every city is the sanme boston nyc chicago etc we have our nice parts witch we are all talking about and our bad parts witch other people are talking about this is a debate and there is no way u can prove one city is better then another lol we are basically all the same :facepalm:
Yes, except NY is the capital of the world. Even if I wasn't from NY that is still an undeniable fact. And that's not to say places like Chicago and Boston are bad cities, cause compared to places like Newark they are great.

GOON MUSIC
11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I love my city !!

D1JM
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
nothing like cali though

koreancabbage
11-03-2010, 01:38 PM
it is a dirty city. I went there over the summer, the subway tunnels and stations need mad make-overs, the streets are pretty dirty

but in touristy areas, its cleaner... but that's b/c they expend more cleaners in those areas for a reason.

Sandman
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
LoL ouch.

Kudos to the reporter that got a microphone to Marcin Gortat and asked him the right question.

BOSTON617
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes, except NY is the capital of the world. Even if I wasn't from NY that is still an undeniable fact. And that's not to say places like Chicago and Boston are bad cities, cause compared to places like Newark they are great.

lol that is ridiculous :facepalm: ny is not the capital of the world lololololol i mean its national land mark its a beautiful city i been multiple times but its just like boston have u been to boston we are a smaller verison of nyc lol like paris london rome >>> nyc

l.a >>> nyc
boston chicago ny phily baltimore etc all on the same level bro
i rather go to miami then ny any day of the week i mean this argument is ur opinion vs mine but boston and ny are the same ****

Trouble87
11-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Gortat is from Poland how dare he talk about any major American city

you think he could go to China and say some **** like that about Shanghai?

if he went to Japan and tried to say some **** about Tokyo he wouldn't make it out the stadium after the game

a major hub for tourist activity is dirty? No **** Gortat... Tourist come to Manhattan and treat the ground like a trash can sometimes. Blame the millions of foreigners like him for the disgusto parts of Manhattan.

this idiot has the Jordan Brand logo tattooed on his leg but has the nerve to **** talk NYC... **** Gortat

Sandman
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Somebody should have told him it was a windy day and it was actually New Jersey he was smelling from across the river.

oak2455
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
lol that is ridiculous :facepalm: ny is not the capital of the world lololololol i mean its national land mark its a beautiful city i been multiple times but its just like boston have u been to boston we are a smaller verison of nyc lol like paris london rome >>> nyc

l.a >>> nyc
boston chicago ny phily baltimore etc all on the same level bro
i rather go to miami then ny any day of the week i mean this argument is ur opinion vs mine but boston and ny are the same ****

Listen I like Boston but you can't compare New York n Boston sure it might be cleaner but its the size of 1/3 of midtown Manhattan...and not too many diversity at all...imo

koreancabbage
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Somebody should have told him it was a windy day and it was actually New Jersey he was smelling from across the river.

oh this guy went there lol

BuddhaMONK
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Well you wanna know what is a clean city, Toronto. Hopefully, Chris Bosh gets anally raped in Miami, it's pretty bad city too.

Ace33Bone
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I have to agree with Gortat NY is a great city, but it definitely stinks up there

BOSTON617
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Listen I like Boston but you can't compare New York n Boston sure it might be cleaner but its the size of 1/3 of midtown Manhattan...and not too many diversity at all...imo

boston is mad diverse lol and i said its much smaller but its a mini ny

cheaptrikz
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM

:no: Not even.

fingerbang
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM

:laugh2:

Chicago has higher crime rates. Its fact, look it up.

There's basically a cop on every block in Manhattan (tourist areas).

What you put in bold is just something that you made up. NYC is well known for it's fine cuisine. You may prefer Chicago's food but it's certainly debatable. I think a lot of food critics would probably disagree with you.

As for it being dirty. More people = more garbage. If dirt deters you from visiting NYC then your obviously not built to travel to any city.

Marcin plays for the ****ing Orlando Magic. Disney World is the closest thing to a city that Orlando has. The rest of Orlando is go-carts/mini golf and billboards for Disney World.

Focused1
11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
People with money don't complain as they live in the suburbs, I'm no where near rich but as a dude from Toronto I love the place and I have dual citizenship. Wifey and I mostly just go for the deals but I can honestly say when I wear a fresh pair of sneakers like all white A-F1's it literally looks like I stepped in doodoo. Its dirty but its not smelly unless your by the sewers or that nasty *** water

Kashmir13579
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM

LMAO, your gonna argue with facts?! who removed your spine? And chicago has at least four projects and/or very dangerous areas that i know of off the top of my head, Winchester, Wallace, Yale, and State St. (which is by proportion, more dangerous than all of Baltimore). The only area in NYC that comes close to being as violent is a small strip in Harlem. i'm talking numbers here, "buddy", not opinions or personal preferences. NYC for the amount of people it has, is one of the safest cities in America, and thats a fact.
your right, i've never been to Chicago, but i do have my associates in Criminal Justice, and i'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't.

P.S i live in Syracuse NY, but i have been to NYC many times and they are renowned for having some of the best Middle Eastern restaurants in the world (next to London). Just because when you came to NYC, you walked right outside the Port Authority and got a dirty water dog doesn't give you the right to blindly bash NYCs cuisine.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

You are the first Polish homer I've come across. But power to you.

AllKohn
11-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I grew up in Brooklyn then moved to Colorado when I was 26..let me tell you...

NY sucks.

I argue with my friends who still live there (no one leaves the old neighborhood), but it smells like hot garbage-it's way too crowded and the people are generally stupid.

I know, that's a % and there are the "smartest and best" coming here to make a better life-but they usually turn into *******s pretty quick trying to fit in.

Like my old boss said "I like your angle, pretend to care and then they'll buy anything". Buncha dicks.

Dankster
11-03-2010, 03:16 PM

I've been fortunate enough to live basically my entire life in manhattan except for back in 2008 when i lived in chicago for work related purposes. I don't think we should get into a debate on what cities are better as everyone will be a little bias to their own areas. Chicago is definitely much different than manhattan, your "bad areas" are much worse than over here- i worked at mt sinai hospital and i honestly thought i needed to be wearing teflon..and the whole area by where the white sox play is also completely ghetto (I worked briefly at jackson park hospital as well.)..but the actual city itself is awesome, very clean and you guys have a much younger 20 "something" crowd --and i can't lie the stuffed pie from giordanos might be my fav pizza!

Gortat must've been speaking about one of the outer boroughs of NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, etc.,) and not the city itself...I've grown up here since '81 and to call it dirty or smelly would be a fair assessment back in the early to mid 80's to make..definitely not now if you're speaking of everything from battery park city until about early harlem (110's.)...

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
There's no comparison of Chicago to New York in many ways. However the reason NY is great also is the reason why it is not the best place, in other ways. The common thread: it's bigger.
Thus...
Good: Better food, more choices, diversity of people (unmatched),

Bad: Dirtiness, crime, etc.

If someone has the time though, it'd be interesting to look at rates per 100,000 people for some of the things that have been talked about.

gbombx19
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
new york city is the greatest city in the world. it is also the safest city in the world. stop thinking back to the 80s and late 90s. check the statistics. by the way, chicago has the exact same crime rate as new york with one third the population. new york also has by far the best food in the us including pizza.

Cromedome
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I live in Manhattan so I'm not sure what "smell" Gortat (and these ignorant posters) are talking about.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I've been fortunate enough to live basically my entire life in manhattan except for back in 2008 when i lived in chicago for work related purposes. I don't think we should get into a debate on what cities are better as everyone will be a little bias to their own areas. Chicago is definitely much different than manhattan, your "bad areas" are much worse than over here- i worked at mt sinai hospital and i honestly thought i needed to be wearing teflon..and the whole area by where the white sox play is also completely ghetto (I worked briefly at jackson park hospital as well.)..but the actual city itself is awesome, very clean and you guys have a much younger 20 "something" crowd --and i can't lie the stuffed pie from giordanos might be my fav pizza!

Gortat must've been speaking about one of the outer boroughs of NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, etc.,) and not the city itself...I've grown up here since '81 and to call it dirty or smelly would be a fair assessment back in the early to mid 80's to make..definitely not now if you're speaking of everything from battery park city until about early harlem (110's.)...

Living in Boston now. Missing me some Giordano's. Incomparable.

gbombx19
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
and dats from a guy who just moved from new york to chicago.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Also, Dankster, I gotta say, I used to live in Pilsen (to the south of where you were at) and I gotta say, you were exagerating a lot about the area by Mt. Sinai

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Seriously, new yorkers are some of the rudest mf's around. That's why Chicago is great. Big city but midwest mentality. People are civil there.

smith&wesson
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
new york is a great city. but it is over populated and if your not from a city like chicago, LA, etc. the polution stands out.

nothing too different then any other metropolotin city though. everythings just on a larger scale.

new york is a crazy city though. i love it.

chitownbears89
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Both are great cities... dumb to argue. To say food is better in Chi than NY is clearly an opinion because NY is world renowned for its food and restaurants. First off not all of NY is dirty, all cities have rough areas. Some areas of NY may seem dirty, but as weird as it sounds, that's a part of the cities charm... the city is just so full of life that no matter where I travel nothing compares to the energy and excitement of the Manhattan.

LOL Chicago is def the top food city in the U.S. I love the variety and many experts believe so also. The Mexican food, the Greek, the polish, the italian foods. My the best hotdog ever (chicago style). The best pizza ever (deep dish). That being said, I believe that its narrowly the top city (kinda being homer). Obviously NY has amazing restaurants and its own delicious styles of all the foods i named above. Both are great cities along with all the other major cities of America.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Lived in Chicago 13 years. Not once did I hear anything even remotely close to what you're describing. Unless you experienced that more than once, have the sense to chaulk it up to an isolated incident.

fingerbang
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
new york city is the greatest city in the world. it is also the safest city in the world. stop thinking back to the 80s and late 90s. check the statistics. by the way, chicago has the exact same crime rate as new york with one third the population. new york also has by far the best food in the us including pizza.

Exactly.

For a huge city like NY the crime rates are unbelievably good. Anyone who uses crime as a bad aspect of NY is an idiot. Obviously there are smaller safer cities but if you want to compare NY to Chi or LA than it wins. Like I said earlier there's basically a police officer on every block in Manhattan.

Think of a better excuse.

Giaps
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Smells like the best city in the world to me.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Not sure what you're trying to say with that. It seems like you're trying to imply that Chicago has proportionally three times as much crime. However, crime rates means that the levels are calculated while taking into account population. Usually the rate is per 100,000 people. So if the rate is the same that means that they are equally safe.

That being said, we don't know how concentrated the crime is, because if crime is more spread out in one city, then it would feel less safe, versus if it happened in one or two parts of the city, by and large.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Smells like the best city in the world to me.

Then you need to get to a nose doctor

nycsports2
11-03-2010, 03:42 PM
im pretty sure every big city has dirty areas its no dirtier than any other really lol CAPITAL OF THE WORLD NYC

fingerbang
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
You can't have a Chi vs. NY debate without Bill Swirski.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x923hu_bill-swerski-s-superfans-with-joe-m_fun

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 04:09 PM
You can't have a Chi vs. NY debate without Bill Swirski.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x923hu_bill-swerski-s-superfans-with-joe-m_fun

SO good. Make sure to check out the 2nd video in the cue.

AllKohn
11-03-2010, 04:25 PM

All this proves is you've never had a meal outside of newyork.

Try meat anywhere in the midwest...

All ny has over others is pizza and bagels-and that's because of the water.

In gereral, ny food/service/$$ are all below grade.

You say to stop thinking back to the 80's and late 90's but that where your food opinion must be from...

AI4MVP
11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/images/2008/04/08/manhattan_traffic_2.jpg

nuff said. if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. NYC. Capital of the world and my future home

OG "Dee" LOCc
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Lol. I don't know where he was in NY.

Giaps
11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Then you need to get to a nose doctor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfuqbOEqnU

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM

this right here shows you no idea what you are talking about. i doubt you have been to chicago and as many time as you claimed. we wouldnt have projects if you eliminated so and so :confused: like seriously, that didnt make any sense. I really could keep goin on, but you proved my point you have no idea.

fingerbang
11-03-2010, 05:06 PM
All this proves is you've never had a meal outside of newyork.

Try meat anywhere in the midwest...

All ny has over others is pizza and bagels-and that's because of the water.

In gereral, ny food/service/$$ are all below grade.

You say to stop thinking back to the 80's and late 90's but that where your food opinion must be from...

I have... it stills tastes like it came from a cow. You are aware that there is livestock in NY, even though it really doesn't make a difference?

The food can be a little pricey but c'mon below grade?

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/20-best-food-cities

jakub
11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I been to both, many times, Poland is better IMO..

SteveNash
11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Chicago vs New York

What's the argument? Which city is less ******?

Chicago obviously far worse as corruption and leftists policies continue to dominate the city.

Fortunately NYC was granted somewhat of a reprieve when Giuliani took office.

ravistarr
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfuqbOEqnU

I have been defeated. Please excuse my while I go hide and cower.

Kashmir13579
11-03-2010, 07:20 PM
this right here shows you no idea what you are talking about. i doubt you have been to chicago and as many time as you claimed. we wouldnt have projects if you eliminated so and so :confused: like seriously, that didnt make any sense. I really could keep goin on, but you proved my point you have no idea.

you may have missed my earlier post, it is still applicable. you have not said one thing on here that leads me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe that you actually "know what your talking about". your response that i quoted says to me that in a tool shed, you would be the electric weed wacker with a ten foot extension chord. the guy you were responding to had many legitimate points that obviously went over your head. not surprising really...:o ........ "like seriously"

LMAO, your gonna argue with facts?! who removed your spine? And chicago has at least four projects and/or very dangerous areas that i know of off the top of my head, Winchester, Wallace, Yale, and State St. (which is by proportion, more dangerous than all of Baltimore). The only area in NYC that comes close to being as violent is a small strip in Harlem. i'm talking numbers here, "buddy", not opinions or personal preferences. NYC for the amount of people it has, is one of the safest cities in America, and thats a fact.
your right, i've never been to Chicago, but i do have my associates in Criminal Justice, and i'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't.

P.S i live in Syracuse NY, but i have been to NYC many times and they are renowned for having some of the best Middle Eastern restaurants in the world (next to London). Just because when you came to NYC, you walked right outside the Port Authority and got a dirty water dog doesn't give you the right to blindly bash NYCs cuisine.

Evolution23
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Why u guys arguing over NYC? U dont like it? Dont come?

Robbw241
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Gortat should sack up.

NYsFinest
11-03-2010, 08:42 PM
LMAO at Chicago people coming out and saying its a better city than NY. Better food??? Are you kidding me? Look up any rankings on what area has better food, I promise you 9 times out of 10 NY is above Chicago. Same thing with the better city... the safer city... etc etc I can post facts but I am too lazy to waste my time comparing the greatest city in the world to some cheap knock off in the Mid West. I have nothing else to say, I know everyone is proud of where they are from but lets be logical here.

Giaps
11-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I have been defeated. Please excuse my while I go hide and cower.
LOL :p

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
you may have missed my earlier post, it is still applicable. you have not said one thing on here that leads me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe that you actually "know what your talking about". your response that i quoted says to me that in a tool shed, you would be the electric weed wacker with a ten foot extension chord. the guy you were responding to had many legitimate points that obviously went over your head. not surprising really...:o ........ "like seriously"

Syracuse??? and you were trying to say i lived way outside the city. oh kashmir, you have officially become my new arch enemy on psd. well until jackdawson comes back

Kashmir13579
11-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Syracuse??? and you were trying to say i lived way outside the city. oh kashmir, you have officially become my new arch enemy on psd. well until jackdawson comes back

you officially have nothing to bring to the table and aren't worthy of being my "arch enemy". On these forums, all you do is say foolish things and then get slapped around by everybody. i don't know if your in denial or just too oblivious to notice.

if you are able to discredit any of the knowledge i have dropped in this thread, then do so. so far all i see is a sunfish that got tossed in the sahara desert. your far out of your element trying to take part in debates with knowledgeable and rational thinking individuals. have a nice night. :)

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
you officially have nothing to bring to the table and aren't worthy of being my "arch enemy". On these forums, all you do is say foolish things and then get slapped around by everybody. i don't know if your in denial or just too oblivious to notice.

if you are able to discredit any of the knowledge i have dropped in this thread, then do so. so far all i see is a sunfish that got tossed in the sahara desert. your far out of your element trying to take part in debates with knowledgeable and rational thinking individuals. have a nice night. :)

nobody slaps me down, but ive seen you get slapped down quite a bit even in your own forums, lol. oh and when people try to attack me, they shut up once i respond. so you obviously dont know what you are talking about again. and you call most people on psd rational and thinking? you mean the 15-17 year old like yourself? lmao....... there are some good people on here but you are delusional and I must mean something to you cause you follow me around like a puppy dog on this site to try and get me and you mostly try and bash me when im off line so i cant respond till later. like i said, go back and look at my record, on here the only thing i have ever been wrong was the magic losing last year. regardless of how much i dislike a player or a team, i dont always think with my heart like you do. honestly, all you do to quote a good mod on this site is be an "internet tough guy" which probably means your life sucks. so again if you wanna troll me, thats fine, but stop speaking about non sense you have no idea about. oh and since you think you slap me down, get at me when im actually online one time and stop doing hit and runs.

Kashmir13579
11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
nobody slaps me down, but ive seen you get slapped down quite a bit even in your own forums, lol. oh and when people try to attack me, they shut up once i respond. so you obviously dont know what you are talking about again. and you call most people on psd rational and thinking? you mean the 15-17 year old like yourself? lmao....... there are some good people on here but you are delusional and I must mean something to you cause you follow me around like a puppy dog on this site to try and get me and you mostly try and bash me when im off line so i cant respond till later. like i said, go back and look at my record, on here the only thing i have ever been wrong was the magic losing last year. regardless of how much i dislike a player or a team, i dont always think with my heart like you do. honestly, all you do to quote a good mod on this site is be an "internet tough guy" which probably means your life sucks. so again if you wanna troll me, thats fine, but stop speaking about non sense you have no idea about. oh and since you think you slap me down, get at me when im actually online one time and stop doing hit and runs.

:clap: TBH, i was really hoping for a response like this... like i said man, have a nice night.

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
:clap: TBH, i was really hoping for a response like this... like i said man, have a nice night.

and I was expecting a little more from you actually. anyways this is done then for tonight.

bahama0811
11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
This thread has gone way off course and is just full of baiting.