PDA

View Full Version : What type of substituition pattern does your team use for it's star player(s)?

JordansBulls
11-02-2010, 01:36 PM
What type of substituition pattern does your team use for it's star/stars players?

Basically is there a general time your star is in the game and where he gets taking out?

I've noticed that most teams would leave their star in the entire 1st quarter and then have them sit the first 4-5 minutes in the next quarter.

But if you have multiple stars, for instance a team like the Celtics or Lakers or Heat, what type of substitution patterns exist for your star players? Do certain guys generally always go out at a set time and come in at a set time?

For the Bulls, it drives me crazy that they take Rose out with 2-3 minutes left in the 1st and then he sits the first 4 minutes or so in the 2nd quarter. I hope this changes once Boozer plays, but I was curious on if anyone really followed their teams substitution pattersn on it's star or best players?

n83417
11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Scalabrine

tangent12
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Scalabrine

TheHoopsProphet
11-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Bill Jacskons a genius. Usually, Lakers will let Colby set out last minute or two of first quarter than first 6 minutes of 2nd. Same pattern after second half. He is able to do this because Paul and Odom will lead the way when he is out.

So lineups will look like this during those minutes Colby's out:

pg - Sasha Voyagenit
sg - Marcus Madson
sf - Vlade Divac
pf - Paul Gaso'l
c - O'neal

Usually we are dominant enough to increase leads with colby resting his knees. However, coaching staff usually likes to keep games close so colby could get an adrenaline rush going throughout the season and to keep fans in their seats since LA fans will not stay.

So usually when colby is resting we might subsitute those players with Dleaguers like Landry Odom, Sheldon Brown, Mark Barnes, and Tom Radison.

Fisher also sits with colby to keep him company

Mikey Roxx
11-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Nash will usually play most of the first quarter, with Dragic coming in with around two minutes left. Dragic then plays most of the second, coming out with around three minutes left. Nash plays most of the third, Dragic comes in for some of the fourth, then Nash usually returns for the last five-six minutes.

I love Nash, but there have been games where I wish he wouldn't have to come back in so Dragic could keep playing. Don't bench him when he's hot.

justinnum1
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM
The heat always have a star in the game(except during garbage time)

Brew Crew
11-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Mr. Skiles loves to sub in 5 guys at a time.

JordansBulls
11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
One thing I noticed is the Bulls can't score for crap once Rose leaves. I hope this changes once Boozer comes back. We need someone else in their to sustain us during the stretches where our best guy isnt on the floor.

justinnum1
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
One thing I noticed is the Bulls can't score for crap once Rose leaves. I hope this changes once Boozer comes back. We need someone else in their to sustain us during the stretches where our best guy isnt on the floor.

You guys need a playmaker...you should try and trade for marcus thorton.

Raph12
11-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Dwight will get subbed off by rotation or by foul trouble, by rotation he gets about 36-38mpg, by fouls usually about 25-30mpg.

Baller1
11-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Durant plays the entire first; then sits out for 4-6 minutes in the second; then he usually repeats the same pattern in the second half (plays entire third, sits the start of the fourth).

JordansBulls
11-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Durant plays the entire first; then sits out for 4-6 minutes in the second; then he usually repeats the same pattern in the second half (plays entire third, sits the start of the fourth).

Does Westbrook stay in when Durant is out?

Baller1
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Does Westbrook stay in when Durant is out?

Not always. They actually sit out together for a majority of Durant's time on the bench. Luckily Maynor is a very serviceable backup PG. It'd Harden's fault we're struggling this season.

td0tsfinest
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
We don't really have "stars" but I guess our two key guys (Bargnani and Derozan) will do. Bargnani usually plays the entire first Q and sits out the start of second. Derozan on the other hand tends to play to about the 4 minute mark of the 1st Q and goes off. Sometimes he'll start the second or come on a few minutes later.

_KB24_
11-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Kobe usually comes out with 2 minutes left in the 1st. Comes back midway or into the 5 minute mark in the 2nd. Usually plays pretty much the entire 3rd and sits out the beginning of the 4th. Comes back with around 7 minutes left to ice the game. A day in the life of a Black Mamba :cool:

Ovratd1up
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
We don't really have "stars"

:laugh2:

Oh, and HoopsProphet

Thank you.

saintdrew
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
The Hornets & Chris Paul:

Usually we sub-out Paul with 2 minutes left in the 1st with Willie Green. Depending on how the game is flowing, we usually put Paul back him with about 7 min left in 2nd.

Same pattern happens in second half. If it's a close game and the backups are doing terrible, then Paul stays in through the 1st, maybe gets 5 minutes on the bench and he's back on the floor.

Trevor Ariza is usually on the court the longest.

JordansBulls
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
The Hornets & Chris Paul:

Usually we sub-out Paul with 2 minutes left in the 1st with Willie Green. Depending on how the game is flowing, we usually put Paul back him with about 7 min left in 2nd.

Same pattern happens in second half. If it's a close game and the backups are doing terrible, then Paul stays in through the 1st, maybe gets 5 minutes on the bench and he's back on the floor.

Trevor Ariza is usually on the court the longest.

Why does CP3 come out in the 1st when he is the main star?

kayface
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Bill Jacskons a genius. Usually, Lakers will let Colby set out last minute or two of first quarter than first 6 minutes of 2nd. Same pattern after second half. He is able to do this because Paul and Odom will lead the way when he is out.

So lineups will look like this during those minutes Colby's out:

pg - Sasha Voyagenit
sg - Marcus Madson
sf - Vlade Divac
pf - Paul Gaso'l
c - O'neal

Usually we are dominant enough to increase leads with colby resting his knees. However, coaching staff usually likes to keep games close so colby could get an adrenaline rush going throughout the season and to keep fans in their seats since LA fans will not stay.

So usually when colby is resting we might subsitute those players with Dleaguers like Landry Odom, Sheldon Brown, Mark Barnes, and Tom Radison.

Fisher also sits with colby to keep him company

THIS GUY SAID WHAT!!!? :speechless:

saintdrew
11-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Why does CP3 come out in the 1st when he is the main star?

I mean, like I said, it all depends on the game. I think Monty Williams is trying to conserve Paul for the long stretch of the season.

Byron Scott and Jeff Bower were playing Paul for around 40-48 minutes a game sometimes. Paul would get beaten down because as we all know, he loves to penetrate to the basket and is usually thrown around when around the rim trying to make a play.

Now Coach Williams trusts his bench, and let me tell you, we have a GREAT bench compared to what we've had before. Everyone hates on Willie Green but he's decent, he can PG or SG, and now with Jerryd Bayless we are set.

I'm just so happy with this team. When Bower was GM the roster was just a cluster-**** of a mess. Guys like Bobby Brown and Antonio Daniels coming in for Paul. Essentially, the roster was full of non-atheltic veteran journey-men.

So far this season, Paul usually comes out with a couple minutes left in the 1st, and I know he's the 'star' of the team but I would do the same. Keep him out until like 7-8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and bring him in the game.

JordansBulls
11-08-2010, 12:37 AM
THIS GUY SAID WHAT!!!? :speechless:

He is just trying to be funny.