PDA

View Full Version : My Take on the Rose vs Rondo and who is better for what teams.

JordansBulls
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
If you have a stacked team with a bunch of options than Rondo may be a better fit such as for the Celtics. But if you have a team that lacks options or guys who can't create shots, then Rose is the better option.

For instance, teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Heat I believe Rondo is the better fit for those type of teams (these teams have a bunch of guys who can create for themselves, so Rondo just dissing to them would be best)

Teams like the Magic, Mavs, Blazers, Hawks, Nuggets I believe that Rose is the better fit. (these teams lack the personnell for guys to create)

Minimal
11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Rose is turning into Monta Ellis type of player and I don't like it.
Rajon Rondo all the way for me. He is championship player, not like Rose IMO.

justinnum1
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Well said.

Rose is playing more like a SG, Rondo is definitely in the top 3 discussion for best PG, with CP3 and Williams.

JordansBulls
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM

This is ridiculous. Who else on the Bulls team can even score right now?

ChiSox219
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Well said.

Rose is playing more like a SG, Rondo is definitely in the top 3 discussion for best PG, with CP3 and Williams.

Both of you are missing JB's point. Rondo and Rose are playing completely different roles because of their teammates. Rondo is a better distributor but he could never play with the same efficiency under Rose's conditions.

Even though Rose has played under impossibly high usage, his scoring efficiency is better and turns the ball over 1/2 as often as Rondo does.

Minimal
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
This is ridiculous. Who else on the Bulls team can even score right now?
Gotta agree with that, still he has Luol Deng, Korver and some other guys.
Rose has a big ego. He wants to be the man on the team. His situation right now is like LeBron on Cavs, but I doubt he will ever repeat the things Lebron did with Cavs.
The guy had an opportunity to play with Lebron, but he didn't want.
The guy wants to win MVP and make it all by himself, but that won't happen, the guy cares more about his stats and his legacy than about winning IMO.
I doubt he would be making a lot of assists if he had some good shooters on his team
I don't really believe Chicago will be a top 5 team in the east, Bulls are unfinished team.

ChiSox219
11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Gotta agree with that, still he has Luol Deng, Korver and some other guys.
Rose has a big ego. He wants to be the man on the team. His situation right now is like LeBron on Cavs, but I doubt he will ever repeat the things Lebron did with Cavs.
The guy had an opportunity to play with Lebron, but he didn't want.
The guy wants to win MVP and make it all by himself, but that won't happen, the guy cares more about his stats and his legacy than about winning IMO.
I doubt he would be making a lot of assists if he had some good shooters on his team
I don't really believe Chicago will be a top 5 team in the east, Bulls are unfinished team.

Listen, it's clear you don't understand the Bulls situation and don't know much about Rose. Save us both the trouble and stop speaking on what you do not know.

Minimal
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Listen, it's clear you don't understand the Bulls situation and don't know much about Rose. Save us both the trouble and stop speaking on what you do not know.
And what's the situation on the bulls?
This topic is about 2 PG's, I told my opinions about them, what's wrong with that?

ChiSox219
11-01-2010, 10:45 PM
And what's the situation on the bulls?
This topic is about 2 PG's, I told my opinions about them, what's wrong with that?

Simple answer: Boozer was signed to be the #2 option, not just as a scorer but playmaker. The Bulls can run the offense through Carlos either in the high or low post.

Right now, the only real playmaker is Rose and that's why he had a 44 USG% coming into tonight's game, league leader is usually around 32.

Also, in regards to the comments you made about Rose, most of those were way off base. If you want to know more, go to NBA.com, use League Pass to watch the replay of tonight's game.

ShockerArt
11-02-2010, 12:32 AM
If you have a stacked team with a bunch of options than Rondo may be a better fit such as for the Celtics. But if you have a team that lacks options or guys who can't create shots, then Rose is the better option.

For instance, teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Heat I believe Rondo is the better fit for those type of teams (these teams have a bunch of guys who can create for themselves, so Rondo just dissing to them would be best)

Teams like the Magic, Mavs, Blazers, Hawks, Nuggets I believe that Rose is the better fit. (these teams lack the personnell for guys to create)

This is a good assessment. Their styles are so much different that it makes them hard to compare to each other (although that isn't stopping the PSDers from trying).

GspLAL
11-02-2010, 12:59 AM
how could you say Rondo is a championship player and Rose isn't? Rondo has had the luxury of playing with HOF players on a championship level team, who has Rose had? JB's point is because there aren't enough scorers on the Bulls, Rose is the one that has to create instead of distributing the ball like Rondo does most of the time.

cheaptrikz
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Rose had 13 assist yesterday(11/2/10) cause someone was finally making the shots. That someone being loul deng who had career high 40 points. So if rose can count on someone like that most games u would see a spike in his assist numbers.

Cool007
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Rondo is pretty good but give me Rose any time and every time. Even if I have 3 or 4 or 2 HOFers.

Rose will do everything his team needs to win the game. Whether be by scoring 39-points or by distributing the ball and taking a backseat so Deng can score 40 and Rose getting 13-assists.

What it shows about Rose is that when his teammates are making shots, he takes a backseat and passes the ball to the hot man and creates opportunities for others - see 13-assists.

OR when the team is struggling to make shots (Deng 2-10, Bogans 1-5, Korver 1-5 etc) then Rose can go off for nearly 40 points to win the game on his back.

Can Rondo score nearly 40-points in Bulls environment when everyone is missing shots left and right???

Meaning Rose can do both and win games. Rondo however is a pretty good player too but give me Rose.

It's not very hard to find Pierce on 1 side, Allen on the other and KG around the elbow or even Big Baby - they all are million times better finishers (inside & outside) than anyone Bulls have that is not injured.

Avenged
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
You can't really know for sure until both those players are put under different circumstances.

I think Rondo is becoming an elite pg in the league, and he's extremely good at setting teammates up.

Rose has the higher potential though and gets to showcase more of his skills because he's the #1 option.

King P
11-06-2010, 05:38 PM
It can go either way. But scoring is not the only attribute in basketball. He makes up for it in nearly every other category. And people act like all Rondo's assists come from the Big Three. They really don't. Rondo serves EVERYBODY on his team on ANY play. That's how good he is.

Rondo can get assists with anybody because he draws defense and sets up easy buckets. Rondo can make Scalabrini get 20 a night if he wanted to.