PDA

View Full Version : Will Bosh be an All Star this year?

Jerishow
10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
I bet Garnett or Amare gets the votes by fans for PF and though a big part of the Miami big 3, I doubt he will average over 15 a game.

Wade>You
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
At this rate, he won't be voted in, but I think he'll get the nod from the coaches as a backup. His defense is extremely underrated and he causes a lot of problems for opposing offenses. This guy can virtually cover the post and still close out on shooters effectively after the guy in the post kicks it out. Offensively he's drawn more double teams than Wade or James as soon as he touches the ball. The coaches know what's up.

adidas2307
10-31-2010, 07:15 PM
No.

NYKalltheway
10-31-2010, 07:15 PM
No... 4th in line I guess.

Amare will definitely make all star
Boozer as well I guess will make all star
Garnett, Bosh or none then? Am I misssing anyone?

adidas2307
10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
At this rate, he won't be voted in, but I think he'll get the nod from the coaches as a backup. His defense is extremely underrated and he causes a lot of problems for opposing offenses. This guy can virtually cover the post and still close out on shooters effectively after the guy in the post kicks it out. Offensively he's drawn more double teams than Wade or James as soon as he touches the ball. The coaches know what's up.

:laugh: Please stop! I'm about to die of laughter.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
^ LOL Boozer is gonna miss like 2 months. Bosh will make it because coach's respect him despite the lack of respect people have for him on here.

manny620
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
I bet Garnett or Amare gets the votes by fans for PF and though a big part of the Miami big 3, I doubt he will average over 15 a game.

Well right now Amare is better then Garnett so i think Amare will get it but dont sleep on Bosh guy is a stud and with Wade and Lebron getting double teamed Bosh will see alot of open looks so he can only get better for them as the year goes on.

Wade>You
10-31-2010, 07:23 PM
^ LOL Boozer is gonna miss like 2 months. Bosh will make it because coach's respect him despite the lack of respect people have for him on here.Thank you.

Anyone watching the HEAT games knows that Bosh has been covering a lot of ground with his length and lanky arms. Extremely underrated by people who don't know about the intangibles that make up a good defense.

IAmKira
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Well right now Amare is better then Garnett so i think Amare will get it but dont sleep on Bosh guy is a stud and with Wade and Lebron getting double teamed Bosh will see alot of open looks so he can only get better for them as the year goes on.

:no:

td0tsfinest
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
He may be voted in by the coaches as a C. :shrug:

thescore53
10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
cant see how he wont.

tangent12
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I think we're starting to notice Bosh is not really an all star caliber player. He's never been an allstar kind of threat as he's proven through his career.

Sadds The Gr8
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
if Amar'e is put in the ballot as a C, then most likely, but since I think he'll be put in as a PF, I'll say no. Garnett, Amar'e, Boozer will prolly get in over him. And he still has to compete with Josh Smith as well...

Gibby
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Thank you.

Anyone watching the HEAT games knows that Bosh has been covering a lot of ground with his length and lanky arms. Extremely underrated by people who don't know about the intangibles that make up a good defense.

As a raptor fan i have noticed a improvement in Bosh's defence but playing on a good team helps him also. He doesnt have calderon to allow dribble penetration and doesnt have clueless bargnani in the interior who knows nothing about help defence. Also he can be more aggresive because he is not asked to do as much on offence.

mjqusoldier
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I dont know but Amare is def better

pebloemer
10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
if Amar'e is put in the ballot as a C, then most likely, but since I think he'll be put in as a PF, I'll say no. Garnett, Amar'e, Boozer will prolly get in over him. And he still has to compete with Josh Smith as well...

Boozer missing 2 months will count him out of the discussion I bet. Garnett, Smith, Bosh and Amare will all be in competition for PF spots though I'd imagine. Depends how each plays leading up to all star breaK. It has only been a few games in this young season.

redsox0717
10-31-2010, 08:09 PM
:no:

I like how you jump on him for using the word "then" instead of "than" considering a quick glance at your posts reveals the words "u" "sum1" and "wat."

ink
10-31-2010, 08:12 PM
As a raptor fan i have noticed a improvement in Bosh's defence but playing on a good team helps him also. He doesnt have calderon to allow dribble penetration and doesnt have clueless bargnani in the interior who knows nothing about help defence. Also he can be more aggresive because he is not asked to do as much on offence.

I agree. This is the Bosh we saw playing at the Beijing Olympics. No coincidence, half the starters are on this team. :)

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Miami wil only be great is Bosh is great, and since they strongly indicate they wil be a top team in the East, Bosh wil get in.

D Roses Bulls
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
No.

wow im looking at your sig with dnewguys quotes........ I honestly cant believe he said that.

But I agree, he wont be an all-star

LanceUpperCut
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Whether I like him or not he deserves to get in he is the best PF in the east.

IAmKira
10-31-2010, 08:22 PM
I like how you jump on him for using the word "then" instead of "than" considering a quick glance at your posts reveals the words "u" "sum1" and "wat."

then and than r 2 different words while u,sum1, wat r just short ways of writing words.
wanna tell me the difference between than and then to what and wat? you and u? someone and sum1?

D Roses Bulls
10-31-2010, 08:23 PM
^ LOL Boozer is gonna miss like 2 months. Bosh will make it because coach's respect him despite the lack of respect people have for him on here.

that really doesnt matter, the fans vote so he could possibly be voted in without playing a game.

Sly Guy
10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
He will not get voted in playing behind Wade and Lebron. To get the nod from the coaches, he must put up numbers for miami, and so far, they are not using him effectively. I see the prospect of Bosh being an all-star this year being more a question of how quickly miami gels and how quickly they integrate him into the offense than him actually playing well/not playing well.

daleja424
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Amare and Dwight will get voted in and then they will need 3 more big men. Bosh's per48 stats are going to be out of this world. I dont think that coaches will hold it against him for only averaged 17-18 ppg since he only has to play 30-32 minutes on most nights. Today for example, Bosh put up 18 points in under 30 minutes and b/c it was a route.

Anyways, I think KG, Bosh, and Josh Smith become the other three bigs...since Bosh and KG will both log minutes at center this year.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 08:27 PM
that really doesnt matter, the fans vote so he could possibly be voted in without playing a game.

You realize that majority of fans aren't Bulls fans? Just because you guys are the majority on PSD, doesn't mean thats how it is in the realworld. I'm sure you know this, but I had to say it anyways because there is ZERO chance Boozer gets voted in as a starter (if that was what you were implying).

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
I guess since the majority of PSD voted no, Bosh isn't going to make it lol

mjt20mik
10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
He will make it. No doubt.

D Roses Bulls
10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
You realize that majority of fans aren't Bulls fans? Just because you guys are the majority on PSD, doesn't mean thats how it is in the realworld. I'm sure you know this, but I had to say it anyways because there is ZERO chance Boozer gets voted in as a starter (if that was what you were implying).

what about grant hill from like 4 years ago when he played for the magic? he didnt even play a single game before the all star break and was voted in as a starter and there are a hell of a lot less magic fans in this world plus boozer will get to play probably a month before the game takes place, so more people will see him before the votes are tallied. so its a real possibility

h2r09
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
when he gets integrated into the team more he will put up probably the 2nd best pf numbers outside of amare. he will make it due to popularity now also.

daleja424
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
not really... we only vote for starters...after that its up to people that actually have to gameplan for these guys...

Id be surprised if he is snubbed to be honest...

mjt20mik
10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
not really... we only vote for starters...after that its up to people that actually have to gameplan for these guys...

I doubt he would be. I still remember that year that I think all of the starters of the Pistons made the All-Star team.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 08:35 PM
what about grant hill from like 4 years ago when he played for the magic? he didnt even play a single game before the all star break and was voted in as a starter and there are a hell of a lot less magic fans in this world plus boozer will get to play probably a month before the game takes place, so more people will see him before the votes are tallied. so its a real possibility

But Boozer isn't popular. Bosh is way more popular than him. Especially since hes on the Heat now. I'm not comparing their games, but their popularity.

D Roses Bulls
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
But Boozer isn't popular. Bosh is way more popular than him. Especially since hes on the Heat now. I'm not comparing their games, but their popularity.

but thats the thing now, since boozer is in a big market, he will gain a lot of popularity. you do know there are a lot of bulls fans outside of illinois right that have been bulls fans since the jordan days. im not saying it will happen, but its a possibility

D1JM
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
bosh practically had all canada voting for him.

ink
10-31-2010, 08:38 PM

So would I. I'm totally pissed off at Bosh, but I really don't think there's much doubt he will be an All Star, voted in by the coaches.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2010, 08:38 PM
I think he will probably deserve it, but I am not so sure he will make it

godolphins
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM

Amare isn't better than Bosh, remeber that Bosh is the 3rd option on he's team while Stoudamire is the 1st option, so he won't get he's numbers.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM

Saying something like this would only make people believe Bosh is better. No stats, nothing is supported. Empty statement.

EG) Bosh has been a better player because Amare had Steve Nash finding him for open layups his whole career. ;)

SA5195
10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Don't think he will.

But I won't be suprised if he did.

Knicks21
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Amare and Dwight will get voted in and then they will need 3 more big men. Bosh's per48 stats are going to be out of this world. I dont think that coaches will hold it against him for only averaged 17-18 ppg since he only has to play 30-32 minutes on most nights. Today for example, Bosh put up 18 points in under 30 minutes and b/c it was a route.

Anyways, I think KG, Bosh, and Josh Smith become the other three bigs...since Bosh and KG will both log minutes at center this year.

IMO i would take KG out and put Brook Lopez In. But i think bosh will get in as the season goes on he will get more and more open looks.

hard_candy
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
He's fourth on his team in scoring, averaging just 11 pts. a game. No.

daleja424
10-31-2010, 08:53 PM
he had a rough start. today he had 18 in under 30 minutes... it would be silly to assume that a 24/12 guy is going to shoot 34% all year... He got off to a slow start... thats its

Knicks21
10-31-2010, 08:54 PM

Way to early to be comparing stats. Give it time. He will find his groove eventually.

drew_ellis_23
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM

:clap:

Sly Guy
10-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I find it highly entertaining that only the heat fans think he's a lock. This thread is more a vote of 'homerism' vs 'heat hate'.

I voted no, but it could just as easily be a yes. Like I said before, it's a matter of the heat finding chemistry in time, and aside from the last game, I haven't been impressed with his numbers, and the role they're using him in so far is far from all-star worthy.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 09:02 PM

Way to early to be comparing stats. Give it time. He will find his groove eventually.

A knicks fan defending Bosh :speechless:

A sample of 4 games out of 82 is ridiculous. A good sample size would be 25 games.

Angel2Maverick
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Too early in the season but if I had to guess it would be yes, he will be an Allstar

DoJoTheSlasher
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
No and he never should have been an All Star to begin with.

dhopisthename
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I would assume these are the bigs that are in contention for it, with it depending on how many bigs they want
howard
bosh
kg
horford
lopez
amare

since they had five last year I bet howard and amare are the starters with kg, bosh, and horford as the reserves.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I would assume these are the bigs that are in contention for it, with it depending on how many bigs they want
howard
bosh
kg
horford
lopez
amare

since they had five last year I bet howard and amare are the starters with kg, bosh, and horford as the reserves.

Horford? Hes alright, but I think Noah is a bit better.

GodsSon
10-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes he had a better game offensively today, but he only had ONE rebound...those are Bargs-like numbers lol

Considering the increased depth at the 4 and 5 positions this year in the East, I wouldn't be surprised to see him left off of the roster...Personally, I will not vote for him at all

TylerSL
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
I think we're starting to notice Bosh is not really an all star caliber player. He's never been an allstar kind of threat as he's proven through his career.

just stop dude, you have no clue what your talking about as youve proven it through your posts before :facepalm:

koreancabbage
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
no, he won't put up the elite numbers to get there.

koreancabbage
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
No and he never should have been an All Star to begin with.

right, a guy who puts up 20-10 is not an allstar... and Stoudemire is? WTF?

Stoudemire is going to show he's not a winner without Nash.

The only reason why Bosh won't be an all-star, there are two ELITE volume shooters on the team. Bosh making good with his chances on offense that he is given but his rebounding number might be take a dip cuz there are role players SPECIFIC to rebounding on this team.
i can see him average 7 rebounds and like 15-17 points. but his FG% is going to be amazing and so will be his plus/minus

koreancabbage
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM

are you serious? 20-10 the last two seasons isn't all-star material? only a handful of players avg 20-10. and Stoudemire isn't one of them

dhopisthename
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Horford? Hes alright, but I think Noah is a bit better.

I forgot noah, but I put horford in because he made it last year

GodsSon
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
^ lol this guy is killing it

llemon
10-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Why would anyone care, other than teenagers, who might misinterpret it as meaning something?

sep11ie
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Bosh is no all star. I said it before. He will put up less stats than Scola. He will be about a 13/8 guy. He may get voted in by fans since all the sudden there 9 billion Heat fans.

ink
10-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Bosh is no all star. I said it before. He will put up less stats than Scola. He will be about a 13/8 guy. He may get voted in by fans since all the sudden there 9 billion Heat fans.

I think he has always been a borderline All Star. Toronto fans know he didn't have the leadership to help the Raptors do much. But he is a good basketball player and if he adapts to his new role effectively he could be voted in all the same. He may not have the stats this year, but he may be a more effective part of the team since he is no longer being asked to be the #1 (or #2). He remains an efficient player.

John Walls Era
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM

<3 Scola. So underrated, so good. If I had 1 year to win a championship, I would choose him over Boozer, Amare and Bosh.

hugepatsfan
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
I think Amare gets voted in. Doc picks the team (I think), so I bet he takes KG over Bosh if it comes down to that.

John Walls Era
11-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I think Amare gets voted in. Doc picks the team (I think), so I bet he takes KG over Bosh if it comes down to that.

All the coaches have a say on the team. Even the Western Conf. Coaches.

jmlbnks26
11-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Amare will probably get the nod over Bosh by fans and by coaches

PrettyBoyJ
11-01-2010, 12:33 AM
He might get voted in if amare is voted in as a center instead of a PF..

GodsSon
11-01-2010, 12:51 AM
He might get voted in if amare is voted in as a center instead of a PF..

Not happening with Dwight around

Branwegner84
11-01-2010, 01:05 AM
It a little early to be predicting this, but the only chance he has of getting in, is if the coach vote him in. Pretty sure a lot of fans outside of Miami, are still mad over the summer, so he can't count on the fans vote. I don't think 15/8 will be enough to get him in.

D1JM
11-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Not happening with Dwight around

if noah keeps it up, he might back up howard

Sadds The Gr8
11-01-2010, 01:34 AM

Boozer missing 2 months will count him out of the discussion I bet. Garnett, Smith, Bosh and Amare will all be in competition for PF spots though I'd imagine. Depends how each plays leading up to all star breaK. It has only been a few games in this young season.

Gasol missed plenty of time last year...(first 15 games or so) and still made it...so I wouldn't be surprised if Boozer makes the team this year.

nitric
11-01-2010, 01:58 AM
No.

John Walls Era
11-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Hate him or Love him, you gotta realize that Bosh's presence is making opposing defenses focus on him when he has the ball. They aren't going to be like "Chris Bosh is garbage now, hes the 3rd guys, lets just leave him one on one". You can see that there is always a 2nd defender going near him at all times, which opens it up for others. Teams/Coaches know that if Bosh catches on fire, the Heat will be hard to beat.

D1JM
11-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Hate him or Love him, you gotta realize that Bosh's presence is making opposing defenses focus on him when he has the ball. They aren't going to be like "Chris Bosh is garbage now, hes the 3rd guys, lets just leave him one on one". You can see that there is always a 2nd defender going near him at all times, which opens it up for others. Teams/Coaches know that if Bosh catches on fire, the Heat will be hard to beat.

Boston didn't double team him. There are other PF that don't need help double teaming bosh.

29$JerZ
11-01-2010, 02:35 AM
I think Amar'e will get the fan's vote in as a starter.
I also think KG or Boozer will be the backup PF.
Bosh had all of Canada behind him and now it's all of Miami lol. He could make it as a Coach vote but other than that I doubt he makes it any other way.

Mplsman
11-01-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't think he will, even given the Heat's probable success.

Chicagofaithful
11-01-2010, 03:05 AM
defense doesn't get you on the allstar team... ask noah. Boozer will make it before bosh does.. not because boozer is better but because he will get more opportunity to shine

bholly
11-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Most of you seem to be forgetting that there's no 'big man' list of 'PF' list. There's 4 Guard spots (2 fan voted, 2 coach voted), 4 Forward spots (2 fan, 2 coach), 2 Centre spots (1 fan, 1 coach) and then 2 coach voted general spots.

Assuming he's listed as a forward, as usual, he has to compete with LBJ, Garnett, Pierce, G Wallace, Boozer, J Smith, Granger, Iggy, and maybe Stoudemire (although he was listed at C last year) for one of 4 forward spots.
Or, if he's a centre (or the coaches consider him one) he as to beat all but one of Howard, Horford, Bogut, Lopez, and again maybe Amare.
If he doesn't get one of those 6 spots, he's going to have to compete for a general spot against whoever doesn't make it of the forwards and centres, but also of the guards, so it will include all but 4 of Wade, V Carter, Arenas, Rose, J Johnson, Rondo, Wall, etc.

I mean, it'd be a story if he misses out, and I'd feel like it was weird, but there's a huge chance given the competition.

Edit: plus Noah and whoever else I forgot.

Antipod
11-01-2010, 05:02 AM
100% not as a starter.Reserve....maybe

alencp3
11-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Amare should start since New York will vote like crazy
Howard at C with Brooke Lopez as back up
2 more places for Bosh and Garnett

Ace33Bone
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I think he will just because I cannot see 2 other PF in the east that you would put in front of him... Amare will be a C and the only other PF i have being above him in the east is KG

Mr.ATLHawks
11-01-2010, 09:22 AM

This..Josh Smith is playing insane D thusfar this year and while his PPG is low he is hitting jumpshots *hallelujah*....I think Bosh will still make it Garnett looks really old out there. He is still a great defender but his offense is null in void now..

FadeAwayLikeMJ
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM

i vote for KG not playing in the Allstar Game.

lets keep him healthy all year

And i vote we close this thread and open it after Christmas

TheGoodGerman
11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
He will: because he's on the Heat, the big three, Miami Vice-propaganda **** and plays alongside true all-stars like Wade and James.

Big Zo
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm gonna vote for him 5 billion times, so yes.

thescore53
11-01-2010, 11:05 AM
if bosh is starter then it would be a huge story, it seems like no one likes the heat, huge fanbasses like toronto and cleveland wont vote for him, all 30 mill of california wont vote for him, and the 30 mill of canada wont vote for him, so the state of florida and some fans ovverseas might vote for hm,

btw who did you guys vote for last year, i voted bosh, ?

bostncelts34
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Simple answer. No.

Amare,KG (fan votes), Boozer, YI (fan votes), Paul pierce, Danny Granger, blah blah blah.

omdigga
11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
bosh should definately make the team.. doubt he will get voted in by the fans, but coaches know better..

miami is gonna have one of the best records in the league.. that should definately help his case..

Sadds The Gr8
11-01-2010, 12:48 PM
This..Josh Smith is playing insane D thusfar this year and while his PPG is low he is hitting jumpshots *hallelujah*....I think Bosh will still make it Garnett looks really old out there. He is still a great defender but his offense is null in void now..

yea but since the starting lineup is up to fan voting, I think KG will make it because his popularity is higher. Even last year KG was a shell of his former self and still made the starting lineup mainly because of his popularity. Same with Iverson, and almost T-mac.