PDA

View Full Version : If you were in Melo's case, and had a specific team in mind

NetsPaint
10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Would you tamper in any way?

Personally, I don't know, I think I would be fair and not do it, but it's pretty tempting to try to get away with it.

SA5195
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I would just wait till i'm a FA, which he is after this season. And then go to a team that has most interest in me, and which I can fit in with and be successful.

ko8e24
10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
If I'm Melo, i wouldn't worry about tampering. So he'll get fined, big deal. TO make the NBA better, he should ask for a trade to LA....to the Clippers!

Melo to the Clips for Baron Davis + Chris Kaman

And then Clips give Melo that extension. I'm sure he and his wifey wouldn't mind him playing in a big market in LA.

Imagine it...

Kobe & Pau with the Lakers

Melo & Griffin with the Clippers

Two exciting teams in the Staples Center!

gilly
10-31-2010, 06:37 PM
If the Clips could pull that off, they get a good defensive PG and C, they would be unstoppable. Great scoring, long range threat with Gordon, good on the boards with Blake. That team would easily be 4th seed or so in the West.

hgtiger32
10-31-2010, 06:45 PM
wow...i can only imagine

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Gordon
SF: Anthony
PF: Griffin
C: ???

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Melo should backchannel the knicks, and not get caught.
Tel them he wil hit free agency
Get the knicks to trade Gallo, Randolph, picks and cash to Memphis for Mayo and Gasol
Let melo play on a team that features
PG:Felton
SG: Mayo
SF:Melo
Pf: Amare
C: Gasol/ Mosgoz
Then he should make a sick commercial and make tons of money much like lebron in miami

manny620
10-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Does it really matter? There is 99% chance he ends up with the Knicks the other 1% being the nuggets lol

Jerishow
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
It can go both ways you can leave without giving them any warning thus them losing you ( carmelo anthony) and getting nothing but cap space back.
or
You can tamper and demand a trade from the nuggets to any team giving Nuggets something back.

Wade>You
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Go to NY and see if they can get CP3 in the future, IMO.

IAmKira
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Get the knicks to trade Gallo, Randolph, picks and cash to Memphis for Mayo and Gasol
Then he should make a sick commercial and make tons of money much like lebron in miami

u forgot to mention memphis will also give u gay, conley and all their draft picks so the knicks can give them away like hot cakes

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
u forgot to mention memphis will also give u gay, conley and all their draft picks so the knicks can give them away like hot cakes

Mayo and Gasol are both in contract years, gallo and randolph are not Xaivier Henry and Hasheem habeet are both on Memphis to take over
Gallo and Randolph> than mayo and gasol and randolph plus picks and cash actually allows memphis to benefit because they do not have to resign ZBO, can focus their money on retaining all of the rest of their team, plus mayo wil never resign

Think economics buddy

... and if memphis wanted id include chandler in the package also

5ass
10-31-2010, 08:01 PM

or better yet trade randolph to orlando for dwight howard, gallinari to lakers for kobe bryant and felton to hornets for CP3, then you would have the best team in the east!
PG:CP3
SG:Kobe
PF:Amare
C: D12
that team would be sick! GO KNICKS!
:facepalm: seriously man do u even think before you post?

x_notorious
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
I think Melo would be a great fit for the Warriors. Ellis + fillers for Melo. A trio of Curry-Melo and Lee would be filthy.

Dyna-sty
10-31-2010, 08:06 PM
or better yet trade randolph to orlando for dwight howard, gallinari to lakers for kobe bryant and felton to hornets for CP3, then you would have the best team in the east!
I wish, huh?!?!?!? Too bad it won't financially.

On a serious note, Melo should wait until he is a free agent.

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 08:12 PM

I am being serious, why wouldnt a team like memphis trade away mayo(who wont resign) and gasol( who wil be very costly with two back up centers and the secound overall pick behind him) for Gallo, who is under team control for another year and has been compared to dirk, chandler who is under team control and is turning legit, and randolph who has a huge upside, plus cash for a franchise that needs money.

Memphis would be left with Conely JR, Xavier Henry, Grevis Vazques, Rudy Gay, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Thabeet ... not to mention have a cheap payrole, money to sign their first rounder this year, and a ton of potential

But yet I dont think before I post, because what, or even better, it is impossible for a dream team to form .... facepalms and sarcasm is cute if they are deserved, but if u want to be rude, then comment back with an edjucated statement as to why it never works.

gfixer33
10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
He should go back home to the wizards

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
He should go back home to the wizards

What chances would the Wizards have at being a topteam in the east with him?

bal_ravens
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
^ Because Memphis would laugh at that trade. I think they would rather take their chances with them being Free Agents, and not many teams with HUGE cap space.

And pretty good if you look at their lineup.

Wall
Arenas
Melo
Blatche
McGee

But I think their are better options for the Wiz.

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
^ ... DOnt the Wiz have cap space lol

D1JM
10-31-2010, 08:35 PM

U mean Second Rounders?

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 09:03 PM
^ No i think they can send like a future 2015 swap pick in the first round

D1JM
10-31-2010, 09:09 PM
^ No i think they can send like a future 2015 swap pick in the first round

First of all, they will be RFA so Memphis could match any offer. I seriously think they will match any offer Gasol gets but I am not to sure about Mayo. Mayo looks like a future star one night and other times looks like just a role player.

Lindystud36
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Gasol wil command 10 mil more than Noah just got ... just saying

D1JM
IMO though, the Knicks should just wait for Melo. I think he has his heart in NY or Lala already told him to figure out how to force a trade to NY asap. The whole adding CP3 though would of been easier if both of them were free agents next year.

Lindystud36
But i think i side tracked this thread, so what would melo do?

5ass
10-31-2010, 11:01 PM
I am being serious, why wouldnt a team like memphis trade away mayo(who wont resign) and gasol( who wil be very costly with two back up centers and the secound overall pick behind him) for Gallo, who is under team control for another year and has been compared to dirk, chandler who is under team control and is turning legit, and randolph who has a huge upside, plus cash for a franchise that needs money.

Memphis would be left with Conely JR, Xavier Henry, Grevis Vazques, Rudy Gay, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Thabeet ... not to mention have a cheap payrole, money to sign their first rounder this year, and a ton of potential

But yet I dont think before I post, because what, or even better, it is impossible for a dream team to form .... facepalms and sarcasm is cute if they are deserved, but if u want to be rude, then comment back with an edjucated statement as to why it never works.
because its educated not edjucated
seriously though, gallo is nowhere near Dirk, infact hes so far behind him theyre on different planets. Gallo is also severely overrated by knicks fans. chandler is not bad but not as good as mayo who could easily be a 20-25 ppg guy. Oh and by the way Randolph has a lot of potential but the guy is just dumb, he forces shots and gets into foul trouble and has terrible basketball IQ.. also if memphis were to get rid of any center it would not be one of the best centers in the nba it would be that (so far) waste of a 2nd overall pick Thabeet.
IMO knicks should go for melo and oden next offseason, oden would be great next to Amare if he can stay healthy and Melo is.. well Melo
then you would have melo,amare,oden and guess what? A solid bench in randolph,turiaf,chandler, douglas, mozgov

jeter 2
10-31-2010, 11:15 PM
This thread is totally stupid. I think the guy is asking if you really wanted to go to a team, would you do it? I think I would. If I was as talented as Melo, I would do it straight from the draft like Kobe. You only live life once. You could either live it living by what other people tell you or what you want to do. Melo does not have to appease anybody and neither does Lebron.

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2010, 08:23 AM
If I was in Melo's situation, I'd sign an extension. He's on a good team that can contend and they have been good to him.

That said, if i was unhappy playing for a team that was paying me millions of dollars and wasnt going to re-sign with them at the end of the season, i would PRIVATELY let them know that (and which teams I had my mind on), and also let them know that I will still be putting out 110% on the floor (not the 25% Carter gave the Raptors) and let them do whatever they thought they needed to do and put my time in, earn my pay check, and wait until free agency to test the market.

Lets face it, Melo is a huge talent, but he hasnt really lead his team anywhere. the made it to the conference fianls once (which was as much to do with Billups as Melo in my opinion), and every other year have been bumped out first round. Now they havens always had homecourt, but still, Melo, though one of the most talented players on the planet, has not stepped up huge in big games and has not helped to push the team forward. they have put some good pieces around him, but while I agree its time to move on for both of them, I dont think Melo is going to be the center-piece for a title contending team.

The Nuggets picked up Harrington, who can help shoulder some of the scoring load, and with Martin and Nene working the post, and Smith on the wing, and Billups helming the point guard position, any sort of mid-level talent packaged up with a high draft pick or two should be enough incentive for Denver to move Melo.

aussie
11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
stay in the west and join a big name....that way you will be 2nd and pushing for 1st in west