PDA

View Full Version : QBs to possibly draft...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

House
10-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I know the main names continue to be dropped (Luck, Locker, Mallett), while others like Pryor, Ponder and a few others have as well. Luck won't be there for us, I'm still not sold on Locker and Mallett seems to be hot/cold. IDK if we take a QB in the 1st rd (because of so many other needs), but I'm pretty sure we take one at some point in the draft!

Any thoughts on Cam Newton? I just watched him catch a TD pass... Yes, I said catch...

I know he has some previous character issues, but as of right now, but it looks like he has cleaned himself up. Several people have him as the front runner for the Heisman. He's 6'6", 250 lbs, can move aound quite nicely and has has a pretty good deep ball.

Where does he go in the draft? I know he's projected to stay another year, but if he wins the Heisman he's leaving early. I'd say a year on the bench as a backup would help him learn the system and that gives us a year to see how Charlie pans out. He keeps this season up and I'm sure he'll go high as well...

Thoughts??? Or any other QB suggestions

Boozerguy47
10-30-2010, 07:03 PM
What hurts our ability to evaluate Locker is the Huskies O-Line... I'm not suggesting Locker would be throwing at a 70% completion rate if he had a good O-Line, but it's definitely the weakest part of the UW team (aside from the D-Line)...

Luck will be gone by the time we draft. At least with Lynch we no longer need to spend draft picks on running-backs.

House
10-30-2010, 07:18 PM
What hurts our ability to evaluate Locker is the Huskies O-Line... I'm not suggesting Locker would be throwing at a 70% completion rate if he had a good O-Line, but it's definitely the weakest part of the UW team (aside from the D-Line)...

Luck will be gone by the time we draft. At least with Lynch we no longer need to spend draft picks on running-backs.

My exact thoughts!

We definitely have a much better line for Locker to work behind, but I can't gauge if the line is his ONLY issue... I know plenty of teams draft based on Combine/pro day performances and I'm pretty sure he'll look good at those!

I'm almost 100% sure Luck will be gone (unless we move up) and to grab Lynch for what he paid was a HUGE BLESSING!

The majority of the mock drafts I've seen show us drafting between #9-22 and almost all of them have us taking a D-Lineman (R Quinn, A Clayborn or C Heyward).

djbaseball21
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I think that in the first round, you can't really draft by biggest need, but best player in a spot you need. Obviously is the best player available is a RB or LB, we will pass, and we don't really need to take a WR that high, but besides that, I say take the best player on the board regardless of the position. We are good in a lot of spots, but aren't great anywhere, IMO.

djbaseball21
10-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry, just realized this is strictly about QB's to draft...haha.

I really like Newton a lot and think he can be extremely solid in the NFL if he stays out of trouble. If he comes out this year, where do y'all see him going? 1st round? I also like Locker a lot, but like both of you said, it is so hard to evaluate him. He looks really solid at at times, and sometimes looks lost, but how much of that is on the Huskies line? I really wish we could get Luck as I LOVE him, but this is a deep QB class this year.

What're your guys' feelings on Kellen Moore? I know he is a little undersized, and left handed, but he seems pretty solid, although he is hard to evaluate as well since they don't play teams that match up evenly...

Hawksfan2010
10-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I think Newton falls to the 2nd all the way to the 4th. Alot of teams arent looking to take chances anymore on these kids. No matter how stupid the charges are, he bought a stolen laptop. I would like to see us give him a look though.

I have always hoped for Locker to land with us and he may with how Luck and Mallet are playing. I agree that his line is bad so I would like to see what he can do with ours.

Yendil
10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Locker is still the best QB coming out, don't let his college production fool you, look at the talent around him. His credentials like footwork, hip movement, arm strength, release, etc are still the best in college. Was listening to Sirius and they were talking about that, and how you can accredit his O-Line and more importantly his recievers for his production with throwing the ball, he is not working with NFL caliber talent on his offense, maybe Polk in a couple years. It was really interesting to listen to them and how most scouts have Locker as the best QB regardless of what he does production wise this year because of his NFL caliber mechanics that are hard to teach. They were also saying how Luck is overrated and a product of the talent around him, all in all it was pretty interesting to hear them talk about him.

Captain Planet
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I am still a Locker fan, he has an atrocious O line and almost no protection,... a Run game that fails and receivers that cant step up... I think with a good line, running game and dependable receivers Locker will be a Beast! He shoulda came out last year though. He woulda been the first overall ( I would hate to go against him twice a year as a ram). This year his draft stock took a huge hit and a pending lock out will not help his financial reward in contract negotiations!

Blazers#1Fan
10-30-2010, 08:27 PM
wheres the talk of denard robinson? i would take him over anybody but pryor locker is gonna be gone D.R. can throw & Run i'd take him over alot of players

i would draft Masoli and build are team up more with Oline and WR since Masoli will probably get drafted later and is a very good QB he just got suspended from the ducks team for supposedly stealing a lap top! so i think i'd take him later in the draft in the 3rd or 4th round! and address the needs before him

anybody remember Masoli he was a BEAST for the ducks then we can groom him until Matt hassal retires

MASOLI WAS MY FAVORITE QB LAST YEAR IN COLLEGE!

House
10-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Sorry, just realized this is strictly about QB's to draft...haha.

I really like Newton a lot and think he can be extremely solid in the NFL if he stays out of trouble. If he comes out this year, where do y'all see him going? 1st round? I also like Locker a lot, but like both of you said, it is so hard to evaluate him. He looks really solid at at times, and sometimes looks lost, but how much of that is on the Huskies line? I really wish we could get Luck as I LOVE him, but this is a deep QB class this year.

What're your guys' feelings on Kellen Moore? I know he is a little undersized, and left handed, but he seems pretty solid, although he is hard to evaluate as well since they don't play teams that match up evenly...

It's cool man... The reason I made a QB one is there will be a million names thrown in here.

I have only seen a few of Newton's games, but he looks legit. Isn't afraid to run if no options, but also stays in the pocket and commits to a pass. Decent throw on the run and mechanics seem pretty intact. I think the legal/trouble issues are behind him. Seemed like stupid kid things and so many others have done worse and overcome. I think if he wins the Heisman and possibly the BCS Championship, he'd possibly go late 1st through the 3rd rd .

Kellen Moore is a little small, but he has good mechanics. Very vocal on the field, commands respect and a great listener as well. The left-handed QB bothers me a little bit, but its because its different. Not better, not worse...

House
10-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Locker is still the best QB coming out, don't let his college production fool you, look at the talent around him. His credentials like footwork, hip movement, arm strength, release, etc are still the best in college. Was listening to Sirius and they were talking about that, and how you can accredit his O-Line and more importantly his recievers for his production with throwing the ball, he is not working with NFL caliber talent on his offense, maybe Polk in a couple years. It was really interesting to listen to them and how most scouts have Locker as the best QB regardless of what he does production wise this year because of his NFL caliber mechanics that are hard to teach. They were also saying how Luck is overrated and a product of the talent around him, all in all it was pretty interesting to hear them talk about him.

Luck is the REAL DEAL... Like you said, he's working with NFL talent now and he'll slide right into the thick of things.

Locker could be... He doesn't have great talent around him and it hinders him. He's mentally beat at times and bad decisions come about. Luckily for him, the Combine and Pro days hold tons of weight in regards to teams drafting QBs.

House
10-30-2010, 08:42 PM
wheres the talk of denard robinson? i would take him over anybody but pryor locker is gonna be gone D.R. can throw & Run i'd take him over alot of players

i would draft Masoli and build are team up more with Oline and WR since Masoli will probably get drafted later and is a very good QB he just got suspended from the ducks team for supposedly stealing a lap top! so i think i'd take him later in the draft in the 3rd or 4th round! and address the needs before him

anybody remember Masoli he was a BEAST for the ducks then we can groom him until Matt hassal retires

MASOLI WAS MY FAVORITE QB LAST YEAR IN COLLEGE!

SIZE makes a HUGE difference in the NFL... Robinson (6'0", 185 lbs) and Masoli (5'10", 212 lbs) don't have it. At best, these guys would be Wildcat/converts to WR/RB. No one is going to take either one of them to be an Actual NFL QB.

ccg34
10-30-2010, 09:05 PM
I would try to draft Locker. I would even trade up to draft him if I had to. This guy is perfect for Seahawks and the city of Seattle. He is a hometown kid and will sell tickets. He has all the tools to become a great qb in the NFL. Steve Sarkisian and Pete Carroll are good friends, so maybe Sarkisian can give Pete good reasons to draft Locker. Mcshay has Locker as the #2 qb prospect right behind Luck.

House
10-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I would try to draft Locker. I would even trade up to draft him if I had to. This guy is perfect for Seahawks and the city of Seattle. He is a hometown kid and will sell tickets. He has all the tools to become a great qb in the NFL. Steve Sarkisian and Pete Carroll are good friends, so maybe Sarkisian can give Pete good reasons to draft Locker. Mcshay has Locker as the #2 qb prospect right behind Luck.

I get the whole "Hometown Kid" thing, but if he doesn't pan out, he's got nowhere to run to. The team needs someone to lead this team, not just helpl them sell tickets. I know Sarkisian & Carroll talk all the time and I'm sure Pete has an edge on others. I still need to see Locker play more to determine whether or not he's worth the 1st rd pick. Hopefully everyone is right about him being the real deal.

I just found this mock draft @ Walterfootball.com. It shows us taking Locker @ #21. Who knows right???

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Boozerguy47
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM
^ Honestly, I'd be fine with that. I'd like to see him be eased into the system though. Maybe we bring back Matt and let Locker learn from him.

People can't rule out Locker at this point, because the O-Line at UW is horrible. They are starting 2 true freshmen on the right side. Locker got destroyed today versus Stanford.

ThUnDeR HaWk
10-30-2010, 10:24 PM
my mock draft for the 2011 draft (assuming the seahawks get a compensatory 4th round pick like expected as well as a 6th rounder)
TEAM NEEDS: DE,DT,QB,OG,CB
before i start i would like to say i have been VERY impressed with the seahawks pick ups and rookies that have had a chance to play. with pinkard returining froom injury he will be a valuable addition to the CB spot because he was projected to be a second round pick before his injuries.
I think Auburn QB Cam Newton would be the perfect QB for the seahawks. hes got size (6'6), great arm strength, great accuracy, and can run and scramble. he reminds me alot of Donovan McNabb, and a little of Philip Rivers. i know he plays in the auurn offense, but this guy could be a superstar in any offence. Forget Ryan Mallett, this guy is a steal and has all the makings to be a great QB in the NFL. he should be available in the secound round or late first. that being said, here is my mock draft:

2011 Mock Draft Seattle Seahawks:
#1) CB Prince Amukamara/ Brandan Harris
#2) QB Cam Newton
#4) DE Greg Romeus
#4) DT Marvin Austin/ DE Daquan Bowers
#5) SS Mark Barron
#6) WR Armon Binns/ WR Terrance Tolliver
#6) RB Jaquizz Rodgers (if the seahawks let Leon Washington go)
#7)G Justin Boren

House
10-30-2010, 10:42 PM
my mock draft for the 2011 draft (assuming the seahawks get a compensatory 4th round pick like expected as well as a 6th rounder)
before i start i would like to say i have been VERY impressed with the seahawks pick ups and rookies that have had a chance to play. with pinkard returining froom injury he will be a valuable addition to the CB spot because he was projected to be a second round pick before his injuries.
I think Auburn QB Cam Newton would be the perfect QB for the seahawks. hes got size (6'6), great arm strength, great accuracy, and can run and scramble. he reminds me alot of Donovan McNabb, and a little of Philip Rivers. i know he plays in the auurn offense, but this guy could be a superstar in any offence. Forget Ryan Mallett, this guy is a steal and has all the makings to be a great QB in the NFL. he should be available in the secound round or late first. that being said, here is my mock draft:

#2) QB Cam Newton
#4) DE Greg Romeus
#5) SS Mark Barron
#7)G Justin Boren

Pretty good comparison. I'm curious to see if he leaves this year, or returns for his senior year. Current mock drafts have him coming out in 2012. I'm pretty sure with him being the Top guy for the Heisman Trophy, he'll probably leave this year while the iron is hot! Jake Locker really hurt himself by not leaving UW this year.

Blazers#1Fan
10-30-2010, 10:56 PM
SIZE makes a HUGE difference in the NFL... Robinson (6'0", 185 lbs) and Masoli (5'10", 212 lbs) don't have it. At best, these guys would be Wildcat/converts to WR/RB. No one is going to take either one of them to be an Actual NFL QB.

masoli's 511 6 foot with cleats
robinson is 6'0" without cleats
drew brees is the same as robinson
vick same height
most QB's are from 6'0"-6'4"
then you have your doug fluties who are 5'10" with cleats

i highly doubt either will be converted to WR/RB they both have arms and are accurate and can run theres only so many teams who even use the wildcat last year was the year of the wildcat it is dyeing down this year and wont be used as much in the next few years

we wont get locker he will go to the browns or bills

Hawksfan2010
10-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Totaly agree. I see Robison as another Antwan Randle El or Percy Harvin. He will be turned into a WR/RB hybrid

Hawksfan2010
10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I really want Amukamara 6'1 205 and fast. The thoughts of that sencondary is like a wet dream. Just think Thurmond as a nickel and i think if jennings is brought back he would be outstanding as the dime back. Although I also really like Locker and Heyward.

ThUnDeR HaWk
10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Its most likely Cam Newton will come out this year, hes 6'6 and in my opinion the best QB in the draft. but Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, and maybe Christian Ponder will all go before him

Hawksfan2010
10-30-2010, 11:28 PM
This is a pretty good link scouting on most of the guys coming out

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/NFL-Insider-Insider-info/2011-nfl-draft-watch-15-prince.html

House
10-30-2010, 11:43 PM
masoli's 511 6 foot with cleats
robinson is 6'0" without cleats
drew brees is the same as robinson
vick same height
most QB's are from 6'0"-6'4"
then you have your doug fluties who are 5'10" with cleats

i highly doubt either will be converted to WR/RB they both have arms and are accurate and can run theres only so many teams who even use the wildcat last year was the year of the wildcat it is dyeing down this year and wont be used as much in the next few years

we wont get locker he will go to the browns or bills

Masoli is 5"11" if he doesn't cut his hair for another month. I've met the dude and we stand almost identical. I'm 5'9". They were just talking about it today.

Drew Brees & Michael Vick are both SPECIAL QBs. Look how much critism Vick has gone through about him being a "Real QB". Both of these guys also have 25-30 lbs on Robinson as well. Do you think he'll still be as fast/shifty with another 25 lbs on him? Antwan Randel El and Michael Robinson were both College QBs and they both have had pretty successful careers in the NFL, but not as QBs. Marcus Vick is another guy that fits their mold and where is he?

Not saying its not possible, just highly unlikely either of them becomes a Legit, successful NFL QB.

shen
10-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Masoli was kicked off the Ducks for repeated B&E's as well as a laundry list of other legal issues. He broke into frat houses and stole laptops and all that. If not mistaken he has been in juvy. He is a little thug that should not be allowed within a thousand yards of a football.

I have seen a few Newton games and yes he is a play maker but he is not a QB. HE follows guys to much, does not bother making reads. When he takes snap the VERY first thing he wants to do is run. He is not fast but his size allows him to plow over defenders. He will never be as effective at any of it in the NFL. I recommend get tape of some of his games and watch closely.

Mallet is like Ben,you know without being a rapist. Every year his accuracy has gotten better. His reads have gotten better. Plus he already has cannon for an arm that rivals Cutlers. He is a leader who can maintain poise. Drawback is that you will never see him run for any type of positive yardage. If ever ask him to run it then you are def getting negative yards.

Don't honestly know anything about Luck or Locker.

shen
10-31-2010, 02:51 AM
In 2005, Masoli was incarcerated for three months at the Hillcrest Juvenile Hall in San Mateo, CA, for participating in a string of strong-armed robberies. Members of his high school football team were also involved.

On the morning of January 24, 2010, a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon house returned home and witnessed Masoli and teammate Garrett Embry leaving an area of the house near his room. When he realized a projector and two laptop computers were missing he took chase. The victim chased down Embry, who returned the projector, and reported the incident to Eugene police. Police interviewed Masoli the next day, where he said he was not at the fraternity house. On March 12, 2010, Masoli pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary before Lane County Circuit Judge Maurice Merten, who sentenced Masoli to one year probation and 140 hours of community service. Oregon head coach Chip Kelly immediately suspended Masoli for the 2010 football season, his senior year, but allowed him to remain on the team (he still had a redshirt season available).

On June 7, 2010, Masoli was pulled over by Springfield police for a traffic violation. After inspection Masoli was cited for driving with a suspended license, failure to stop, and possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Two days later he was dismissed from the team for "failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined". Masoli later entered guilty pleas to both the marijuana and failure to stop charges (both non-criminal violations in Oregon).

House
10-31-2010, 03:03 AM
Masoli was kicked off the Ducks for repeated B&E's as well as a laundry list of other legal issues. He broke into frat houses and stole laptops and all that. If not mistaken he has been in juvy. He is a little thug that should not be allowed within a thousand yards of a football.

I have seen a few Newton games and yes he is a play maker but he is not a QB. HE follows guys to much, does not bother making reads. When he takes snap the VERY first thing he wants to do is run. He is not fast but his size allows him to plow over defenders. He will never be as effective at any of it in the NFL. I recommend get tape of some of his games and watch closely.

Mallet is like Ben,you know without being a rapist. Every year his accuracy has gotten better. His reads have gotten better. Plus he already has cannon for an arm that rivals Cutlers. He is a leader who can maintain poise. Drawback is that you will never see him run for any type of positive yardage. If ever ask him to run it then you are def getting negative yards.

Don't honestly know anything about Luck or Locker.

I think Newton is better than you give him credit for. He's got a good arm, great size and confidence. We aren't looking for a QB that's going to rush for 100 yards/game. He appears to be a great leader and I'd expect him to get better. He could easily become the face of an NFL Franchise!

Pretty good analysis on Mallett. ESPN has been talking about Mallett regarding his desire and love for football. They were saying some games he just "goes" through and their worries are his dedication to the game. Not like their opinion means much to me, but to an NFL franchise about to invests $MILLIONS$ in him, they might need to dig a little deeper.

shen
10-31-2010, 03:29 AM
That was kind of my point on Newton. He wants to run, he only wants to run. He will pass but he misses out on really good options because he is so focused on waiting for the moment to take off running. On some plays he never even looks at receivers, he stands back and waits for D-line to get pushed behind him so can take off. He will end up being better then JaMarcus but will never see a pro-bowl. He has Atlanta style Vick instincts but Jamarcus size.

I can kind of see what ESPN is saying about Mallet. However they are not giving full picture. He has been susceptible to "trap" games. Games he thinks should be cake walks and he kind of falls asleep. Or if really rolling along and he starts to think game is over before it is. However he has gotten better about that each year. When game is on the line and you need that 1 play then he is your guy. Don't know if anyone else here saw the Georgia game. In I think 3 or 4 plays he completed all passes and got a TD while making it look like first drive playing against middle schoolers. He is just so focused on that play and that drive. I think with a good o-line and run game he could be pro-bowler for many many years. If not for a horrible run game and receivers dropping passes left and right Arkansas would have beat Alabama.

House
10-31-2010, 03:47 AM
That was kind of my point on Newton. He wants to run, he only wants to run. He will pass but he misses out on really good options because he is so focused on waiting for the moment to take off running. On some plays he never even looks at receivers, he stands back and waits for D-line to get pushed behind him so can take off. He will end up being better then JaMarcus but will never see a pro-bowl. He has Atlanta style Vick instincts but Jamarcus size.

I can kind of see what ESPN is saying about Mallet. However they are not giving full picture. He has been susceptible to "trap" games. Games he thinks should be cake walks and he kind of falls asleep. Or if really rolling along and he starts to think game is over before it is. However he has gotten better about that each year. When game is on the line and you need that 1 play then he is your guy. Don't know if anyone else here saw the Georgia game. In I think 3 or 4 plays he completed all passes and got a TD while making it look like first drive playing against middle schoolers. He is just so focused on that play and that drive. I think with a good o-line and run game he could be pro-bowler for many many years. If not for a horrible run game and receivers dropping passes left and right Arkansas would have beat Alabama.

Did you watch Auburn's game today against Ole Miss? He looked GREAT passing. I know they're hyping him up to be great because of his Heisman standing, but they were talking about how much his game has developed and how good he can be. He threw for a high %, decent amount of yards and only scrambled out when he needed to.

If Mallett says "I want to be an NFL QB", I'd believe him. He needs to PROVE them wrong and just play football! The guy has talent, he just needs to make sure his head and heart stay there on the field with him!

In the draft, I'd take Luck, Mallett, then Locker in that order. I'm not even sure if Newton comes out this year (IMO he will), but if he did, he's definitely creeping up into my QBs list. It be great to snag Newton or Ponder (FSU) in the 2nd (Luck, Mallett and Locker will all go 1st rd IMO).

shen
10-31-2010, 03:58 AM
Actually I didn't watch Auburn game today. Granted I have only watched like half his games so for all I know the half I watch are ones he does nothing but run. Like said, solid starter but not close to pro-bowl, at least from what I have seen.

I am not so sure will see them three in first round. I think in years past would not be a question. However I think teams are tired of the Jamarcus Russel's and Ryan leafs of the world. I think GM's have seen to many no name late rounders turn up big and hyped up star first rounders be busts. Then again if GM's ever learned then would have a lot better teams in the league.

House
10-31-2010, 04:30 AM
My predictions:

BUF - Luck
JAC, ARI or SF - Locker
MIN - Mallett

Captain Planet
10-31-2010, 05:10 AM
Locker!!! FTW~!!!

ccg34
10-31-2010, 07:06 AM
How is that Barkley kid from USC. I know he was the #1 hs recruit a couple of years ago. Do you think he will come out for the draft this year? Pete Carroll knows him better than any other coach in the NFL.

House
10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
How is that Barkley kid from USC. I know he was the #1 hs recruit a couple of years ago. Do you think he will come out for the draft this year? Pete Carroll knows him better than any other coach in the NFL.

He's going to stay until 2012. Pete Carroll has also been quoted to say "Matt (Barkley) is the most gifted USC QB he has ever coached." I mentioned it in another thread, maybe Charlie was a gap-fill for Matt Barkley to be drafted. I have high hopes in Charlie, but this would make pretty good sense to me

Ian.
10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
John Clayton thinks the Seahawks should draft Locker and work him as a project. They'd have to sign Hasslebeck or find another QB to fill in for a few years, but Today's NFL is all about the QB.

House
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
John Clayton thinks the Seahawks should draft Locker and work him as a project. They'd have to sign Hasslebeck or find another QB to fill in for a few years, but Today's NFL is all about the QB.

Very true... QBs are the heart of the team. I'm not sure if they'll bring Matt back. I want to see what Charlie has and having him through next year will get us through if we have a rookie sitting and learning. If Charlie pans out, there's nothing wrong with having 2 good QBs. IMO, Locker is going to go pretty high in the 1st (will have a phenominal combine/pro days), so we might have to trade up to get him. One mock board has him going to us @ #21.

After looking at the other teams across the board, there are potentially 4-5 teams in front of us that'll need IMPACT QBs soon. BUF, JAC, SF, ARI & MIN all will be drafting in front of us and I can potentially see 3 of them taking QBs (Luck, Locker and Mallett) before we even smell the board. There can be some big changes throughout the rest of this year, nothing is ever for sure, but we'll have to see what happens.

Nwsports22
10-31-2010, 01:28 PM
#2) QB Cam Newton
#4) DE Greg Romeus
#5) SS Mark Barron
#7)G Justin Boren

Amukamara and Harris are probably going to be top 10 pick. I doubt we'll end up with a top 10 pick.

kalel
10-31-2010, 02:42 PM

#2) QB Cam Newton
#4) DE Greg Romeus
#5) SS Mark Barron
#7)G Justin Boren

You do know quizz is only a junior, and is very unlikely that he leaves early considering all that they have coming back on offense (only loose one on the o-line) and the fact that his brother will be back for another year as well.

mnrlgry
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Jimmy Claussen had a pretty darn bad OL and not too many offensive weapons but he still produced.

The scariest thing for me about Locker, if I were a Seahawks/Bills/49ers/QB-needy-team fan, is that his completion % is just awful.

I wouldn't consider even drafting anyone below 64% completion in college. Ideally I would only really consider someone around 66% as a minimum. Locker is about at 55% completion for his college career. That, to me, just says that he isn't even an elite QB at the college level. What will happen in the NFL?

I guess stranger things have happened, but is there any successful QB in modern football that had a completion % below 60% in college?

I realize I may be stepping on some Washington state toes here but I just don't see what's so special about Locker.

I realize he has good physical skills and an excellent physical build, but he's not Micheal Vick 2.0 or even close so that kind of stuff is meaningless really.

I also don't see very many strides being made year-to-year from Locker either, would he suddenly be ready to transcend to another level in his first or second year in the NFL? It seems doubtful IMO

If I had to bet the farm on a 2011 QB prospect it would be Luck, but I doubt he even declares. I think Luck has the chance to be elite. Ryan Mallet is a nice prospect, but I think he's a low first round type guy. There is certainly a bit of risk there with Mallet. And just like Luck, I don't think he will declare either. If he goes back and makes a big stride in his senior year he has a chance to be a #1 overall type prospect in 2012.

House
10-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Jimmy Claussen had a pretty darn bad OL and not too many offensive weapons but he still produced.

The scariest thing for me about Locker, if I were a Seahawks/Bills/49ers/QB-needy-team fan, is that his completion % is just awful.

I wouldn't consider even drafting anyone below 64% completion in college. Ideally I would only really consider someone around 66% as a minimum. Locker is about at 55% completion for his college career. That, to me, just says that he isn't even an elite QB at the college level. What will happen in the NFL?

I guess stranger things have happened, but is there any successful QB in modern football that had a completion % below 60% in college?

I realize I may be stepping on some Washington state toes here but I just don't see what's so special about Locker.

I realize he has good physical skills and an excellent physical build, but he's not Micheal Vick 2.0 or even close so that kind of stuff is meaningless really.

I also don't see very many strides being made year-to-year from Locker either, would he suddenly be ready to transcend to another level in his first or second year in the NFL? It seems doubtful IMO

If I had to bet the farm on a 2011 QB prospect it would be Luck, but I doubt he even declares. I think Luck has the chance to be elite. Ryan Mallet is a nice prospect, but I think he's a low first round type guy. There is certainly a bit of risk there with Mallet. And just like Luck, I don't think he will declare either. If he goes back and makes a big stride in his senior year he has a chance to be a #1 overall type prospect in 2012.

Good analysis throughout!

I was scared we might actually draft Clausen!

Luck is the projected #1 draft pick on several mock drafts right now. I don't see him staying his senior year.

I would've loved having your QB, instead of having to play him twice a year for the next decade!!!

FWBrodie
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
You do know quizz is only a junior, and is very unlikely that he leaves early considering all that they have coming back on offense (only loose one on the o-line) and the fact that his brother will be back for another year as well.

No way. Quizz will declare. RBs only have a short window to make money in the NFL and his stock isn't going to improve. I'd put a lot of money on it.

FWBrodie
10-31-2010, 04:58 PM

Yeah. Locker doesn't do it for me at all. I don't think he's worth a first round pick.

ThUnDeR HaWk
11-01-2010, 12:54 AM
My predictions:

BUF - Luck
JAC, ARI or SF - Locker
MIN - Mallett

Seahawks- Cam Newton. this guy is perfect for bates offence, and the offence carrol wants to install. he can throw the deep ball, isnt turnover prone, has good size, can roll out and scramble and make plays with his feet as well as his arm. hes accurate, and he is A GOOD LEADER. he could sit behing whitehurst for a year, or not, then give him the reigns to the offence

NateyB24
11-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Im not a huge Locker fan if he falls to us fine but if hes taken and Luck was still there id be kinda mad. Locker is not the kind of QB whos going to come in and be a star day 1 he struggles reading coverages just go look at the Huskie Nebraska game sure i didn't think the Huskies would win obviously the Nebraska team is more talented but he looked very unimpressive in that game. Hes not a pocket passer either his best throws are out of the pocket he needs a year or 2 to sit before starting. I like Mallet to Locker and Mallet are 1a 1b to me. If we pick best player it has to be at a need though this isn't baseball where you can pick BPA because in football you plug them in right away as in baseball they take time to devolop and you may need them as your players become free agents.

Im not to sold on QBS but i do like some that maybe we should consider in the 2nd round if they fall Ponder,Newton,Pryor these are all devolopmental QBS though and i may change my mind as i watch them during the college season.

ThUnDeR HaWk
11-01-2010, 01:03 AM
newton looks more pro ready than locker or mallett, but luck is a sure #1

House
11-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Im not a huge Locker fan if he falls to us fine but if hes taken and Luck was still there id be kinda mad. Locker is not the kind of QB whos going to come in and be a star day 1 he struggles reading coverages just go look at the Huskie Nebraska game sure i didn't think the Huskies would win obviously the Nebraska team is more talented but he looked very unimpressive in that game. Hes not a pocket passer either his best throws are out of the pocket he needs a year or 2 to sit before starting. I like Mallet to Locker and Mallet are 1a 1b to me. If we pick best player it has to be at a need though this isn't baseball where you can pick BPA because in football you plug them in right away as in baseball they take time to devolop and you may need them as your players become free agents.

Im not to sold on QBS but i do like some that maybe we should consider in the 2nd round if they fall Ponder,Newton,Pryor these are all devolopmental QBS though and i may change my mind as i watch them during the college season.

Keep an eye on Newton. I will!

Boozerguy47
11-01-2010, 01:39 AM

Stats don't tell the story... Do you have any idea how horrible the O-Line is? UW has 2 true freshmen on the right side starting. WSU probably even has a better O-Line than the Huskies and that is pathetic.

Just watch UW play one weekend and you'll realize no QB could thrive with that amount of protection. I'm not saying Locker is better than Luck or anything of that nature, just that looking at straight stats is a poor assessment.

House
11-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Jake Locker has a cracked/broken rib and will miss this weekend's game... One upside, his Completion % won't drop any further for the time being.

http://washington.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1146929

JC-DA_DON
11-02-2010, 01:50 AM
i want locker no doubt! hes a home town kid, i watch alot of UW games and although at times he looks a little off, he can really thred the needle and put it where the D cant make a play, honestly there w/r's couldnt catch a cold naked in the snow. he should be a better nfl player than collage, you can tell he wants to be a pocket passer, he just needs some protection. either way no doubt we look for q/b in the draft...unless its O-LINE help, which will not bother me

Captain Planet
11-02-2010, 02:57 AM
I personally think we need to draft a big play making WR, give him a year with Charlie see how Jesus does and then debate on drafting a QB. 1st round QB's are always a risky gamble

FWBrodie
11-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Not to mention the Seahawks would be picking through sloppy seconds with Luck off the board.

Seattle4Ever
11-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I personally think we need to draft a big play making WR, give him a year with Charlie see how Jesus does and then debate on drafting a QB. 1st round QB's are always a risky gamble

We don't have time for that, we're only a few pieces from being a legitimate contending team.

I'd take Luck in a heart beat.

Boozerguy47
11-03-2010, 05:02 AM
^ As would I... If a legitimate QB isn't on the board when we pick, I say look for a corner or O-Line.

---EDIT---

Now thinking about the possibility of drafting a corner doesn't seem that necessary. Yes, our rush defense is solid, and getting another quality corner to go along with Tru could really put our defense over the top. However, by the time we select in the middle of the first round, the big time corners will be off the board. At that point do you think that getting a corner would really be worth it? I mean we already have Jennings, Lewis and Walter T who are all continuing to develop.

SEAbeliever
11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
^ As would I... If a legitimate QB isn't on the board when we pick, I say look for a corner or O-Line.

---EDIT---

Now thinking about the possibility of drafting a corner doesn't seem that necessary. Yes, our rush defense is solid, and getting another quality corner to go along with Tru could really put our defense over the top. However, by the time we select in the middle of the first round, the big time corners will be off the board. At that point do you think that getting a corner would really be worth it? I mean we already have Jennings, Lewis and Walter T who are all continuing to develop.

Scratch Jennings. Lewis, Thurmond, and don't forget about Josh Pinkard will all be good players I think. Draft must contain QB and DE.

House
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
and O-LINEMAN!!!

furmat60
11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I really like Taylor Martinez, but he's only a Freshman. Watch, he will win the Heisman before he leaves college. As far as QB's coming into the draft, I really like Luck. I agree we can't evaluate Locker because of the O Line though.

seasun62
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Best available player between OL, QB, WR and pass rushing DE. If it's Locker, great! If it isn't, I for one have a lot of faith in the current FO to make a good choice. Next year Chancellor and Thurmond will be in the starting defensive backfield and will have a year of experience under their belts. Getting a stud pass rusher would be a huge bonus for our pass defense. Cleamons is a good situational player and I love Bryant, but a three down pass rusher would be huge.

I don't think there will be any need to trade up for anyone. Seattle is extremely banged up right now and they're going to struggle to win games from here on out. That's not a knock on the roster, the coaching staff or the FO. It's just the cold hard facts. Truth be told, I think it's a good thing for the Hawks. They're not a Superbowl contender even in a weak NFC, let's see what another solid off season can do for them.

Hawksfan2010
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Cam Newton is being investigated by the NCAA

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=howard/101105

House
11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Cam Newton is being investigated by the NCAA

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=howard/101105

Sweet... He'll fall down draft boards a bit! He won't return his senior year. Maybe we grab him in the 2nd!!!

Hawksfan2010
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
If Mike Pouncey OG from Florida is there in the second I would seriously want him. Look what his brother is doing for Pittsburgh. Mike maybe even better. Okung and him side by side for the next 10 years is scary

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273190

Seattle Boy
11-06-2010, 01:56 AM
we definitely need somewhat of a overhaul on the right side of the o-line, but we probably won't use a first round pick for that

first round I like a QB, CB, or DE

In regard to Locker, I know its risky to draft a QB in the first round, but I don't think its as much a risk with locker because of his great attitude and work ethic. You know he's going to maximize his talents (unlike Jamarcus Russell). Talent wise, he's raw but he's got terrible talent around him, he's getting experience in an NFL style offense right now, he'll still be only 23 in his first NFL season, and given one or two years to develop I believe he'll be the best QB to come out of this class.

Baller1
11-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Unless we can get a franchise QB, I want another offensive linemen. I'm tired of seeing this O-line underachieve and allow defenses to just run through us. It's like Hutchinson cursed our offensive line. He left, and we just haven't been able to put together the right pieces and/or stay healthy.

So like I said, I want an O-lineman unless of course we can grab our QB of the future (pending Jesus' play this week).

House
11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
If Mike Pouncey OG from Florida is there in the second I would seriously want him. Look what his brother is doing for Pittsburgh. Mike maybe even better. Okung and him side by side for the next 10 years is scary

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273190

The way things are looking, he SHOULD be there in the second. On a couple mock drafts, he's going anywhere from #47-#60. This is going to be a DEEP draft for O-LINEMAN and there are about 20 going in the first 3 rds.

House
11-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't remember who was plugging Stephen Paea, but this mock projects him as our 1st rd pick.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/nflmockdraft.html

House
11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Did anyone watch Auburn's game today? Cam Newton is a BADASS!!! I know he has some good talent around him, but the dude is LEGIT! Four pass TDs and he even rushed for One!

We'll see what he does the rest of the season and if he declares for the draft this year or stays his Senior year...

Baller1
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I wish I could participate in these discussion, but I do not like college football at all. I just can't get into it...

drew_ellis_23
11-06-2010, 08:33 PM

I agree 100% If Locker is around when we pick we have to take him. I would like to see us take a another big O Lineman if he isnt around and grab a QB later. We will see how we finish up and who is there.

House
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
I wish I could participate in these discussion, but I do not like college football at all. I just can't get into it...

I didn't start watching until this year. The beauty of not having a college team: I get to just put games on and watch players. I listen to a lot of the commentary and analysis on players.

I'm watching the Stanford/Arizona game right now... They're comparing Andrew Luck's posture and leadership to Peyton Manning. He OWNS the field... I'd love to see him come to SEA!!!

Yendil
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
People put way to much emphasis on college stats it is rather laughable. It is funny how the "big time" college QB's generally don't amount to jack in the NFL. Unless you are Al Davis, you take mechanics over college production 100 times out of 100.

seahawks509
11-06-2010, 10:56 PM
How bad do you think Locker has hurt his draft stock? Maybe bad enough to snag him in the 2nd round? Who knew Clausen would fall to where he did.

Seattle4Ever
11-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Locker I think would go Top 25 right now.

House
11-06-2010, 11:39 PM
How bad do you think Locker has hurt his draft stock? Maybe bad enough to snag him in the 2nd round? Who knew Clausen would fall to where he did.

I think he hurt it BIG time... I can see Top 25.. He'll stay in the 1st rd, he could still go Top 10. I think he could've been Top 10 this past draft.

I know several people are HIGH on him, but I haven't seen anything that says "He's the QB I want for the next 10+ years!" I'm just not seeing what others have. If we draft him, I'd root for him. I'd never root for someone to fail, ESPECIALLY a Seahawk!

Mochalman
11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
question is, who needs a QB? a lot of the teams who needed one got their QB last year or the year before. I can see maybe 4-5 teams needing a QB. So, Seattle can have a chance to land one of the top QBs.

Mochalman
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I can't remember who was plugging Stephen Paea, but this mock projects him as our 1st rd pick.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/nflmockdraft.html

i wouldnt put any stock into that site, theres no way 4 olinemen go first round

House
11-06-2010, 11:59 PM
question is, who needs a QB? a lot of the teams who needed one got their QB last year or the year before. I can see maybe 4-5 teams needing a QB. So, Seattle can have a chance to land one of the top QBs.

WAS, ARI, MIN, JAC, SF, CIN (develop behind Palmer) and possibly US. I think McNabb leaving WAS and he could end up in ARI or MIN.

I'm removing BUF cause Fitzpatrick can actually lead then with a better line and a Big WR.

House
11-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Every site is different. I dont put much into anything until next April. I have just been out looking at Mock drafts to get a feel for where we are going to be drafting (based off our record)

Mochalman
11-07-2010, 12:02 AM
WAS, ARI, MIN, JAC, SF, CIN (develop behind Palmer) and possibly US. I think McNabb leaving WAS and he could end up in ARI or MIN.

I'm removing BUF cause Fitzpatrick can actually lead then with a better line and a Big WR.

exactly, if one slips to the 2nd round draft him. use that first round on a cb/lb/dline. adrian clayborn if he slips

House
11-07-2010, 12:28 AM
exactly, if one slips to the 2nd round draft him. use that first round on a cb/lb/dline. adrian clayborn if he slips

I like Heyward at DE too. Amukamara would be my pick at CB. You think we'd possibly go LB?

Yendil
11-07-2010, 02:09 AM
I think he hurt it BIG time... I can see Top 25.. He'll stay in the 1st rd, he could still go Top 10. I think he could've been Top 10 this past draft.

I know several people are HIGH on him, but I haven't seen anything that says "He's the QB I want for the next 10+ years!" I'm just not seeing what others have. If we draft him, I'd root for him. I'd never root for someone to fail, ESPECIALLY a Seahawk!

What makes you say that though? Please don't respond with college stats because those dont mean anything, stick to credentials. I will give you a hint at what others see. Feetwork, release, arm strength, hip movement, mobility, movement under center; those are just the examples of things Locker has directly in his control. Here is what FANS see: innaccurate, over throwing, lack of vision for the field. Those three things are not accredited to Locker, if you look at his talent around him, and see what he is working with, you will come to understand why he overthrows (receivers running wrong route), stares them down (they run the wrong routes), innaccurate ( they also can't catch well). When you look at a QB you look at movements and mechanics NOT production, if you go by QB production in college that will land you JaFatty Russell, Matt Leinert, Colt McCoy, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, etc.... If you look at mechanics you will likely land: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, etc. If you don't want a Franchise QB that has what Locker has and his ability and put him around NFL caliber talent then you are insane.

FWBrodie
11-07-2010, 03:07 AM

You're kidding right? I'd put a grand on four O-lineman going round one in the next 5 consecutive drafts. EVERYONE needs offensive lineman. LT is the second most important position in football. Every year there are few lineman at the top of everyone's mocks because they are more difficult to scout and find and every year lineman fly off the board in round one.

FWBrodie
11-07-2010, 03:17 AM
What makes you say that though? Please don't respond with college stats because those dont mean anything, stick to credentials. I will give you a hint at what others see. Feetwork, release, arm strength, hip movement, mobility, movement under center; those are just the examples of things Locker has directly in his control. Here is what FANS see: innaccurate, over throwing, lack of vision for the field. Those three things are not accredited to Locker, if you look at his talent around him, and see what he is working with, you will come to understand why he overthrows (receivers running wrong route), stares them down (they run the wrong routes), innaccurate ( they also can't catch well). When you look at a QB you look at movements and mechanics NOT production, if you go by QB production in college that will land you JaFatty Russell, Matt Leinert, Colt McCoy, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, etc.... If you look at mechanics you will likely land: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, etc. If you don't want a Franchise QB that has what Locker has and his ability and put him around NFL caliber talent then you are insane.

Statistics is pretty much the definition of credentials so WTF are you talking about? Here are some more credentials Locker doesn not have: a winning record, consistent improvement, the ability to stay healthy, success.

House
11-07-2010, 11:27 AM

Underlined: Very talented in the respective systems. Russell (no coaching/desire), Leinert (no desire/Hollywood image), McCoy (rookie playing in CLE), Troy Smith (Height) and Tebow (another rookie that hasn't got a chance yet). You can teach/coach mechanics and footwork, you can't coach desire or height!

Bold: Didn't all of these guys have good/great college careers? HELLO... Brady (great system QB that flourished with great coaching), Manning (#1 overall pick, was VERY productive @ TEN) and Ryan (Held tons of records @ BC).

If you went to high school with Jake Locker and your claim to fame is you know him, that's fine... People will have different opinions, I get that. If you are going to even try to change my mind/perception, you'll have to come at me with a better "Arguement" then you presented.

You can't see Locker's great footwork when he's eating dirt after a one step drop. AGAIN, if you read what I wrote, I said "I haven't seen". As in, every HIGHLIGHT video makes him look good (that's their intent). I HAVEN'T seen every Andrew Luck game, but statistically, he's been GREAT throughout and he's being compared to Peyton Manning. I HAVEN'T seen every Jake Locker game, but I've seen several sub-par performances and his team has to take the blame for a lot of them.

There are TONS of people in SEA that LOVE Locker and it could be he's got the skills or he's a Hometown Fan favorite. The problem with drafting a Hometown Kid: If he doesn't succeed, he'll get eaten alive and have nowhere to retreat to. If he is drafted by the Seahawks, I hope YOU'RE RIGHT! I'll reserve my judgement until later.

NateyB24
11-07-2010, 02:29 PM

No ones questioning Lockers physical abilities we all know he has those. What i question is his decision making and innaccurate throws. I will admit there is sometimes where he will hit a reciever in the hands and they will drop it but ive also seen him sail a ball over a wide open reciever in the end zone.

I mean seriously go look at Luck and then go look at Locker, Luck seems to know where he wants to go with the ball when its snapped Locker will make some pretty bad reads. Again i get what people see in him but im just not that high on him i think hes a pretty risky 1st rounder but if John Schneider and PC like him well then i guess we have to support him. Infact if its between Mallet and Locker and there is a highly regarded DE on the board i would take the DE. Look to the 2nd round to find a devolopmental one imo.

Cam Newton,Terrel Pryor,Ponder,Locker,Mallet i wouldn't mind any of those guys in the 2nd but not the 1st round.

Hell maybe im wrong about Whitehurst and we won't have to worry about our next QB.

House
11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
No ones questioning Lockers physical abilities we all know he has those. What i question is his decision making and innaccurate throws. I will admit there is sometimes where he will hit a reciever in the hands and they will drop it but ive also seen him sail a ball over a wide open reciever in the end zone.

I mean seriously go look at Luck and then go look at Locker, Luck seems to know where he wants to go with the ball when its snapped Locker will make some pretty bad reads. Again i get what people see in him but im just not that high on him i think hes a pretty risky 1st rounder but if John Schneider and PC like him well then i guess we have to support him. Infact if its between Mallet and Locker and there is a highly regarded DE on the board i would take the DE. Look to the 2nd round to find a devolopmental one imo.

Cam Newton,Terrel Pryor,Ponder,Locker,Mallet i wouldn't mind any of those guys in the 2nd but not the 1st round.

Hell maybe im wrong about Whitehurst and we won't have to worry about our next QB.

The BOLD could be there in the 2nd. Locker & Mallett probably won't be!

shen
11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Regardless of how Whitehurst does we should wait till second round for QB at earliest if get one. We need linemen, particularly O-linemen. We got Okung now need to build on that. Does not matter how good QB is, if he spends half game on ground then chances at winning are not very high. I point to Aaron Rodgers first year as starter in GB.

House
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Regardless of how Whitehurst does we should wait till second round for QB at earliest if get one. We need linemen, particularly O-linemen. We got Okung now need to build on that. Does not matter how good QB is, if he spends half game on ground then chances at winning are not very high. I point to Aaron Rodgers first year as starter in GB.

Very good call. I think DE, OL or CB will be our main targets in the 1st rd, UNLESS Luck is there, which I doubt he would be!

shen
11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Quick question, not trying to pick. Why do you use so many !'s? Just curious if really that excited. Just noticed that in some posts see more exclamation marks then periods. Kind of a stupid question but just something I noticed.

House
11-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm watching the Patriots vs Browns (Colt McCoy is looking nice) and they just said that CLE has made it known they are actively scouting Jake Locker. Interesting to hear. I know Colt McCoy almost didn't even make the squad. They can draft Locker and I'd trade for McCoy...

furmat60
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm watching the Patriots vs Browns (Colt McCoy is looking nice) and they just said that CLE has made it known they are actively scouting Jake Locker. Interesting to hear. I know Colt McCoy almost didn't even make the squad. They can draft Locker and I'd trade for McCoy...

I would definitely trade for McCoy.

shen
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Shocked about Locker thing. McCoy has been biggest reason for hope Browns have ever had. They need a reciever so McCoy has someone to throw to. I would gladly trade for McCoy in a heart beat. Browns finally got the QB they have always searched for and now they thinking of chucking out the window, pretty much on par I guess.

shen
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
McCoy is 13 of 18 for 167 yards 0 int's, while getting 20 yards on 3 runs for a TD. He is getting better each week, he keeps this up and QB will be least of Browns needs.

House
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Yup! No speculating, just a thought...

Shocked about Locker thing. McCoy has been biggest reason for hope Browns have ever had. They need a reciever so McCoy has someone to throw to. I would gladly trade for McCoy in a heart beat. Browns finally got the QB they have always searched for and now they thinking of chucking out the window, pretty much on par I guess.

It was weird to hear. I remember in the offseason when he almost didn't make the team I was thinking "JUMP ON HIM! JUMP ON HIM!" They ended up retaining him and the next day we grabbed Zac Robinson. Robinson could become some special if he learns...

McCoy is 13 of 18 for 167 yards 0 int's, while getting 20 yards on 3 runs for a TD. He is getting better each week, he keeps this up and QB will be least of Browns needs.

I know... That's why it was weird to hear. Mike Holmgren KNOWS a lot about Locker and LOVES the kid!

FWBrodie
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM

I definitely would not.

Alright maybe a 7th rd pick.

House
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I definitely would not.

Alright maybe a 7th rd pick.

Really? He's got good pocket presence, good arm and makes good decisions. A little undersized, but he's a PROVEN leader and great student of the game

shen
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
After Bradford McCoy is the best QB taken in the draft. He is looking to be better runner at pro level then Tebow and was already better at the QB part of being QB.

NateyB24
11-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Not sold on McCoy. He is not an elite QB if you watch that Browns game they won it with gadgetry. Id rather have a QB i can count on then a QB who needs everyone around him do good for him to do good.

House
11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Not sold on McCoy. He is not an elite QB if you watch that Browns game they won it with gadgetry. Id rather have a QB i can count on then a QB who needs everyone around him do good for him to do good.

I'm glad you said this. Everyone who wants to keep Matt Hasselbeck needs to think about this!

I hope to get another look at Charlie, because today's team performance has hindered the ability to get a REAL assessment of him.

shen
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
dude, he is a rookie on a team full of backups. They win however they have to.

Seattle4Ever
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, getting McCoy would be great. He doesn't have a 'Whitehurst arm', but he is really good on his feet (mobile) and is accurate.

House
11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
If he keeps up with what he did today, he ain't going anywhere!

Yendil
11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Statistics is pretty much the definition of credentials so WTF are you talking about? Here are some more credentials Locker doesn not have: a winning record, consistent improvement, the ability to stay healthy, success.

really that is your arguement? Everything you stated is OUT of his direct control, ok maybe not the healthy part. College stats don't mean jack, anyone with half a brain knows that. I guess in your mind a winning record and 3500 yards means you are great! Wait..... Leinert had that, Russell had that, hell anyone on a great college team had that, too bad their MECHANICS sucked and look where they are.

House
11-08-2010, 02:45 AM
really that is your arguement? Everything you stated is OUT of his direct control, ok maybe not the healthy part. College stats don't mean jack, anyone with half a brain knows that. I guess in your mind a winning record and 3500 yards means you are great! Wait..... Leinert had that, Russell had that, hell anyone on a great college team had that, too bad their MECHANICS sucked and look where they are.

You do bring up two guys that YES, were BIG in college and haven't panned out in the NFL. One thing they share was the LACK of Love for the game. Money is awesome, celebrity status is cool, but they don't LOVE the game of football.

Many people will try to throw Tebow into the same group. IMO, his HEART will push him to succeed! Players have to want it. I hear Locker LIVES football and if he does become a Seahawk, nothing but full support for him!

NateyB24
11-08-2010, 03:31 AM
You do bring up two guys that YES, were BIG in college and haven't panned out in the NFL. One thing they share was the LACK of Love for the game. Money is awesome, celebrity status is cool, but they don't LOVE the game of football.

Many people will try to throw Tebow into the same group. IMO, his HEART will push him to succeed! Players have to want it. I hear Locker LIVES football and if he does become a Seahawk, nothing but full support for him!

He pretty much summed it up. While im not big on Locker he really does show that he loves the game ill admit i don't know his real life personality but he does seem like the kid where if he messes up he will do everything in his power to fix it. Maybe Bates will bring out his potential he seemed to do alot of play action with Jay and when you get Locker out of the pocket is when his passing skills are at there best. Ill be fine with Mallet to even though im not a fan of him either. I just hope we finally move on from Matt after this year find his replacement and let Whitehurst have the reigns next year see what he has while devoloping the other guy.

Never really got this from Leinart or Russell and you have to remember Leinart played on a really talented USC team.

House
11-08-2010, 10:47 AM
He pretty much summed it up. While im not big on Locker he really does show that he loves the game ill admit i don't know his real life personality but he does seem like the kid where if he messes up he will do everything in his power to fix it. Maybe Bates will bring out his potential he seemed to do alot of play action with Jay and when you get Locker out of the pocket is when his passing skills are at there best. Ill be fine with Mallet to even though im not a fan of him either. I just hope we finally move on from Matt after this year find his replacement and let Whitehurst have the reigns next year see what he has while devoloping the other guy.

Never really got this from Leinart or Russell and you have to remember Leinart played on a really talented USC team.

Well written. Again, I have said I'm not on Locker. But who am I? If Carroll, Schneider, Bates and Fisch put their trust in someone, I'm down to follow suit as a fan!

I've heard one of the concerns with Mallett is love/appreciation for the game. He's gotten by on talent alone and has just "shown up" for games. It could be media trying to spin something outta nothing, but I've heard it twice on tv.

A thought that keeps crossing my mind is Matt Barkley. Carroll LOVES the kid and has said "He's the most talented QB he's ever coached." the earliest he can leave school is 2012. That would leave Charlie here next year to see what he had and draft Barkley the following draft.

Thebudler
11-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Luck- Is the real deal! He has all the tools and already looks like a phenomenal QB. He is young, but I think he and Bradford are going to be the ream of the crop for years to come!

Mallett- Huge QB w/ a great arm. Reminds me a lot of Roethlisberger. Not 100% sold he is going to be an elite QB.

Locker- Raw especially for a fifth year senior. I have obviously watched him closely. He has a great benefit by showing off what he has at the senior bowl. He is going to surprise people w/ 40 yard time and arm throwing on pro day. I think he needs to take the Aaron Rodgers route and sit for a few years and truly learn the QB position. I wouldn't mind Hawks getting him in the late teens or early 20's. Not a doubt in my mind he will get drafted in the first round.

Ponder- I haven't watched too many games, but seems sloppy w/ fundamentals. He has the tools to make the throws and looks good on timing routes.

Cam Newton- I think the verdict is still out. But I really like what I have seen from him. Reminds me of Mcnabb in college.

House
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Luck- Is the real deal! He has all the tools and already looks like a phenomenal QB. He is young, but I think he and Bradford are going to be the ream of the crop for years to come!

Mallett- Huge QB w/ a great arm. Reminds me a lot of Roethlisberger. Not 100% sold he is going to be an elite QB.

Locker- Raw especially for a fifth year senior. I have obviously watched him closely. He has a great benefit by showing off what he has at the senior bowl. He is going to surprise people w/ 40 yard time and arm throwing on pro day. I think he needs to take the Aaron Rodgers route and sit for a few years and truly learn the QB position. I wouldn't mind Hawks getting him in the late teens or early 20's. Not a doubt in my mind he will get drafted in the first round.

Ponder- I haven't watched too many games, but seems sloppy w/ fundamentals. He has the tools to make the throws and looks good on timing routes.

Cam Newton- I think the verdict is still out. But I really like what I have seen from him. Reminds me of Mcnabb in college.

Great analysis across the board.

Luck: Hands down, best QB to come out and resembles Peyton Manning with leadership, poise and technique.

Mallett: Good comparison to Roethlisberger, just needs to make sure his head/heart are into being a Professional Football player.

Locker: Sitting like Rodgers would do him wonders... That would mean a QB for the next 2-3 years and Matt won't be around. Are we going to keep Charlie or bring in another vet?

Ponder: Heard and seen some good, heard and seen some bad. Another guy that seems like he's make it on athleticism but needs to really work to become an NFL QB.

Newton: The dude is creeping up the board! Good arm, presence and looks to have natural leadership. Could easily become the face of a Franchise.

shen
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
As someone that sees him week in and week out I can guarantee you Mallet is dedicated. He works out year round and listens to what people say he could improve and then improves. He wants to get better, he wants to reach his max potential, he wants to make others better. Last year Mallet had issues with footwork when passing while scrambling, he worked on that and is actually very very good now. He is dedicated and extremely coachable. It is something the coaches rave about. He admitted he had flaws in his game and went to coaches and really got to work.

House
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
As someone that sees him week in and week out I can guarantee you Mallet is dedicated. He works out year round and listens to what people say he could improve and then improves. He wants to get better, he wants to reach his max potential, he wants to make others better. Last year Mallet had issues with footwork when passing while scrambling, he worked on that and is actually very very good now. He is dedicated and extremely coachable. It is something the coaches rave about. He admitted he had flaws in his game and went to coaches and really got to work.

That is great to hear from someone who follows him. I'll admit, I haven't followed him much (other than what I've heard) and I still think he's the #2 QB coming out of this draft. Cam Newton is creeping up to steal that spot from him in my eyes...

1. Luck
2. Mallett/Newton
3. Newton/Mallet
4. Locker
5. Ponder

shen
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Newton showed last week he can pass the ball. He showed it even with all the controversy and distractions created by talks of recruitment issues. I found that very impressive. I don't know if the accusations are true or not and honestly I don't care. NCAA makes truck loads of money off these students, schools individually make truck loads of money(points to Texas new tv contract of 20mil a year). Most these kids never going to play pro so they do deserve something. NCAA uses them in video games that make millions and millions. They get loads of money from TV contracts. Bowl games. They criticize NFL but honestly NCAA are the real "pimps" despite Sabans rant.

ccg34
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
My top 4 qb's
1. Luck
2. Locker
3. Mallett
4. Newton

TrueBlue#21
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
wait a year or two and look out for Barkley out of USC

NateyB24
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM

How is Mallet on roll outs and such?? Thats going to be a big thing with Jeremy Bates as Coordinator if he has a say. I don't know he just doesn't seem as athletic as some of the other QBS that Bates might deem good for his system.

shen
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
He is pretty good but has been an issue in years past. However that is one of the things he asked for help with. In his first year he was more stubborn but he said that realized if he was to improve he needed help and to listen. Which the coaches have absolutely loved. He really is dedicated to getting better, ESPN says they not sure because in years past he was not interested in getting help. However he has really matured and is working to reach full potential.

shen
11-08-2010, 07:33 PM
He still needs to work on it but he is ready and willing. He is very accurate, I mean he can rocket it and hit target to within a couple inches from 20 yards out. Plus he is good with pressure most the time. Like the Georgia game, he went something like 60 or 70 yards on three plays, all pass, all completed, all perfectly placed. He did it without even breaking concentration. He kept cool and just marched them. He really wanted that game because the year before he lit them up but failed to win.

shen
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Sorry for posting repeatedly but thought should also point out that teams know he is gonna pass and that Hogs can't run yet he only has 14 sacks and still picks teams apart. Teams don't have to worry about run game and do everything they can to stop him and can't. Almost all of his INT's are from tips, and several of those were placed but just bounced off hands. He is good an knowing where pressure is coming from, scrambling out, and fighting them off. Which is why I keep mentioning Ben, because he is a lot alike in how Ben tosses off two or three defenders with consistency.

Seattle4Ever
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
^ Out of all of those... I'm going to say now we won't be in position to get Luck without trading. I would love to get Newton, Mallett, or even Locker. (In order)

SEAbeliever
11-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Pick up Michael Vick from the Eagles :D I think he only has a one year deal?

House
11-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Pick up Michael Vick from the Eagles :D I think he only has a one year deal?

I actually thought we'd go after last year. I know Mora was his previous coach. Had we grabbed Vick, we might have to see Mora around this year. I'm ok with him gone!!!

NateyB24
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
I actually thought we'd go after last year. I know Mora was his previous coach. Had we grabbed Vick, we might have to see Mora around this year. I'm ok with him gone!!!

Im so glad he was gone im not surprised this team wasn't better last year he threw the kicker under the bus and the whole offensive line the team was like the Cowboys this year quitting on him. I like Pete Caroll way better he doesn't side step he will say what happens but not in a way of disrespecting the team although secretly hes probaly thinking bad thoughts of Locklear and Kelly Jennings.

SEAbeliever
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Holmgren/Mora/Ruskell : see talent...look at history and demeanor...then select player to play football.

Carroll/Schneider: see talent...grab talent...

You decide :D

House
11-09-2010, 04:40 AM
I just saw on SportsCenter (Ticker on bottom) that cam Newton was caught cheating on 2 seperate occasions at Florida and was up for expulsion prior to his transfer. Don't really know what they could do to him now, but I'm pretty sure he be in the NFL next year! Too many things keep popping up about his character! Maybe he'll slide into the 2nd rd for us!

shen
11-09-2010, 08:59 AM
He was already going in second round.

Thebudler
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Jason Laconfora of NFL network was saying he thinks Carson Palmer is going to get cut after this season. I personally don't see it happening, but if he does I think it would really make sense for the Hawks to go after him.

shen
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Palmer just aint been right ever since injury against Pit in the playoffs. Honestly I think his problems are psychological and not physical.

House
11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Palmer just aint been right ever since injury against Pit in the playoffs. Honestly I think his problems are psychological and not physical.

I agree. Once a QB gets injured like that, I could only imagine what goes through his mind. I think it's the reason Matt lays down before taking a hit.

House
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM
He was already going in second round.

Some think he could go late 1st. I was really referring to him being there for us to grab in the 2nd (depending on our draft pick).

NateyB24
11-09-2010, 12:03 PM

I think its a combination of both hes not getting the same velocity on the ball it looks flat heck last year his throws didn't even look like the 07 throws he was making.

NateyB24
11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I just saw on SportsCenter (Ticker on bottom) that cam Newton was caught cheating on 2 seperate occasions at Florida and was up for expulsion prior to his transfer. Don't really know what they could do to him now, but I'm pretty sure he be in the NFL next year! Too many things keep popping up about his character! Maybe he'll slide into the 2nd rd for us!

Why would NFL teams care that hes taking money from college? Its not that big of an offense he will definitley come out this year now if he did something in real life thats a different story assault/bank robbery etc...

NCAA gets rich off these kids anyways i don't really have a problem if they take money.

shen
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
NCAA gets rich off these kids anyways i don't really have a problem if they take money.

1000% agree!

House
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Why would NFL teams care that hes taking money from college? Its not that big of an offense he will definitley come out this year now if he did something in real life thats a different story assault/bank robbery etc...

It's the whole painting of a "bad picture". He's been suspended for obstruction of justice, now talks about excessive cheating and now $$$. These are things that people do to see if he buckles. I'm just saying to get away from it all, he'll declare.

shen
11-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Possibility of suspension from these issues, possible injury's if stay, or slump that hurts stock all point to he is coming out.

Hawksfan2010
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Didnt they say Tim Couch and Joey Harrington had great mechanics same with Akili Smith and a guy named Ryan Leaf. Basically QB is a crapshoot in the draft regardless of stats or mechanics their heads and hearts have to be in it. Look at Sanchez not really great on either mechanics or stats but you can tell he loves playing.

House
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Didnt they say Tim Couch and Joey Harrington had great mechanics same with Akili Smith and a guy named Ryan Leaf. Basically QB is a crapshoot in the draft regardless of stats or mechanics their heads and hearts have to be in it. Look at Sanchez not really great on either mechanics or stats but you can tell he loves playing.

I have been saying this forever. I don't personally like Tim Tebow, but he'll prove a lot of people wrong because of those 2 things!!!

Captain Planet
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Cam newton!

Yendil
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Tim Couch and Harrington did not have good mechanics, they played with good talent around them, they had numbers not mechanics. Sanchez had horrible mechanics in college, and is a bad QB. Mechanics (footwork, release, arm strength, touch, accuracy, vision, hip movement, feet placement, stance, etc) > College production (and this so called thing of "intangibles"). Numbers in College amount to jack in the NFL if you DO NOT have mechanics. Sometimes you get lucky and get a great college QB on a great team tear it apart and they DO have the mechanics, but fans put way more emphasis on College production and "intangibles". Also Harrington and Smith (both Oregon QBs) ran the spread option in college. Neither one put up great numbers nor had great mechanics.

shen
11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
In reading all the Cam Newton allegations it makes me want him more. A scout in his report to NCAA mentioned that after picking Auburn Newton then called the scout to apologize. He said he wanted to go to other school but his dad told him the Auburn money was just to good.

His dad worries me now, could see a possible Eli situation.

However the fact that he felt he at least needed to talk to the other school shows to me that he has good character. Some might say that by doing pay to play that shows bad character. However by the sounds of it his dad made that call and if not for his dad then he would not be at Auburn. In fact all the reports have his dad as the one making calls and setting things up and comes across as a son just trying to please his dad. Should never underestimate how bad a call kids will make if they think will please parents. I also think though that after this his dad's influence will diminish, specially if Newton get's suspended or does not get Heisman for this.

House
11-12-2010, 11:06 PM
In reading all the Cam Newton allegations it makes me want him more. A scout in his report to NCAA mentioned that after picking Auburn Newton then called the scout to apologize. He said he wanted to go to other school but his dad told him the Auburn money was just to good.

His dad worries me now, could see a possible Eli situation.

However the fact that he felt he at least needed to talk to the other school shows to me that he has good character. Some might say that by doing pay to play that shows bad character. However by the sounds of it his dad made that call and if not for his dad then he would not be at Auburn. In fact all the reports have his dad as the one making calls and setting things up and comes across as a son just trying to please his dad. Should never underestimate how bad a call kids will make if they think will please parents. I also think though that after this his dad's influence will diminish, specially if Newton get's suspended or does not get Heisman for this.

I read today that Cam's father is a pastor and his church was in trouble for numerous safety violations. The costs to correct everything was $50,000 and it did get fixed. His father refuses to tell where the money came from.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5768636

Anyone want him in the 2nd rd? I'd love to grab him!!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/12/cam-newton-could-be-nfl-bound/

NateyB24
11-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Can Cam Newton succeed in the NFL? Hes a spread offense QB like Alex Smith that didn't translate well.

Boozerguy47
11-13-2010, 06:08 AM
^ I keep thinking he'll be a JaMarcus Russell. He is just huge and almost scares me. Then again, I haven't seen him play that much though.

House
11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
^ I keep thinking he'll be a JaMarcus Russell. He is just huge and almost scares me. Then again, I haven't seen him play that much though.

JaMarcus could chuck a ball down field and in his offense, that's all he had to do. If you get a chance to watch Newton's games, he has great touch and places the ball very well. I will say he does have a great OFFENSE around him and that helps him look good as well...

Spokvillian
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Are you kidding? PC is waiting on Matt Barkley, THE BEST QB HES EVER SEEN! Hints Charlies two year deal.

ccg34
11-13-2010, 02:49 PM

I don't think Russell's size was the reason he isn't in the Nfl this year. He has so much talent. It was his character and the lack of interest in the game that caused his awful play.
Size for a qb can be a good thing if the qb knows how to use it properly.With that being said, I would love to draft Cam Newton in the 2nd round or possibly late first.

shen
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Size played a large part in Jamacus being cut. When you are 300-325lbs and a QB then you are not going to find a job. It was also partially a product of his horrid work ethic. When he is told he has to lose weight and then comes back bigger, then you know there is no getting this guy to listen.

House
11-13-2010, 04:26 PM

He's going to stay until 2012. Pete Carroll has also been quoted to say "Matt (Barkley) is the most gifted USC QB he has ever coached." I mentioned it in another thread, maybe Charlie was a gap-fill for Matt Barkley to be drafted. I have high hopes in Charlie, but this would make pretty good sense to me

Are you kidding? PC is waiting on Matt Barkley, THE BEST QB HES EVER SEEN! Hints Charlies two year deal.

I've said this a million times! I wouldn't mind Barkley.

IF we grab a QB this year, I want it to be Newton (Luck won't be there for us)[/QUOTE]

Seattle4Ever
11-13-2010, 04:29 PM
^ I'd really like Newton. Isn't Barkley kinda short? How tall is he?

House
11-13-2010, 04:43 PM
^ I'd really like Newton. Isn't Barkley kinda short? How tall is he?

Barkley is 6'2", 220 lbs.

Seattle4Ever
11-13-2010, 04:46 PM
^ ****, pretty big :laugh: I know he's super good, I just thought of him as small whenever I saw him play.

Magic12ball
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Newton is interesting. I havent watched him much, but from what I have seen, he gets bailed out by his freak athleticism. He is HUGE, fast, but I didnt see him make any of the NFL routine throws (frozen rope outs, touch throws down the sideline, crosses over the middle, etc.).

Like I said, haven't watched him too much yet, so dont take this with a couple grains of salt.

Seattle4Ever
11-13-2010, 05:12 PM
^ I see what you're saying.

NateyB24
11-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Not a huge fan of Barkley you get pressure up the middle and he panics.

ColeWorld
11-13-2010, 07:24 PM
dalton from TCU?

NateyB24
11-14-2010, 02:03 AM
What do you guys think of colin kapernick? 6'2 225 pounds looks to be pretty mobile. Not thinking 1st rounder but may be a good guy to take a flyer on for the 4th or 5th round.

House
11-14-2010, 03:14 AM
What do you guys think of colin kaepernick? 6'2 225 pounds looks to be pretty mobile. Not thinking 1st rounder but may be a good guy to take a flyer on for the 4th or 5th round.

I don't know much about him, anyone got a real incite on him?

House
11-14-2010, 03:19 AM
dalton from TCU?

More of a traditional QB. Not a rushing-type guy. He's doing a great job leading TCU. Possibly a 3rd-5th rd pick project???

NateyB24
11-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't know much about him, anyone got a real incite on him?

Scratch that after watching him last night he ran alot of that spread offense crap. Why im not high on Cam Newton we see alot of these highly touted spread offense QBS who come to the NFL and just fail bad.

House
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Scratch that after watching him last night he ran alot of that spread offense crap. Why im not high on Cam Newton we see alot of these highly touted spread offense QBS who come to the NFL and just fail bad.

Newton's passing game is really improving.

I saw a mock draft this morning and it shows us taking Mike Hartline from Kentucky. I don't know much about him, his stats show he's pretty accurate (65.7%). Does anyone know anything about him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188612

NateyB24
11-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Newton's passing game is really improving.

I saw a mock draft this morning and it shows us taking Mike Hartline from Kentucky. I don't know much about him, his stats show he's pretty accurate (65.7%). Does anyone know anything about him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188612

I know Newton can pass and run but spread offense does not translate well and hes even more raw then Locker because he doesn't run a pro style offense which means he has to learn alot more.

Seattle4Ever
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Just wondering... is Terelle Pryor coming out next year?

Seattle4Ever
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Terrelle *

House
11-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Terrelle *

He said Thursday he WILL return for his senior year.

Seattle4Ever
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
He needs some work... but I'd take a look. What round is he projected for?

Seattle4Ever
11-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Let's clean up his footwork.

"I came away a little more impressed with Pryor as a “thrower” than I initially thought I would. The guy has a strong enough arm to make all the throws at the next level, but what really stood out to me was his touch down the field on the move. He consistently was able to buy time for himself outside the pocket, and with the flick of a wrist was able to drop bucket throws into receivers’ outstretched arms. Plus, he’s a powerful strider when asked to create for himself as a runner and uses his stiff arm literally as well as any running back in college football. He never looks to be moving fast but consistently is able to outrun angles, break tackles and pick up necessary yards to move the chains." - Wes Bunting, NFP

shen
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
19/26 215 yards 5 td's 0 int's 0 fumbles 4 runs 18 yards and a td. That is Mallet's stat line and honestly his performance was even better then that shows. He was making throws on the run, picking D apart, was phenomenal. When you give him any kind of run game to work with and he can do that every night. Lack of a run game this year has really hampered him and yet still has looked good.

shen
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
From sounds of it you can add Titans to list of teams going for a QB in the draft. Apparently the players are growing increasingly upset with Vince. Some went and said(anonymously) that they are mad that he has an injury and on the bye instead of staying and working on it he took off soon as possible. I get feeling that coaching staff and fo are about tired of giving him chances as well.

Also thinking Bengals are going to go looking as well. Depending on how season plays out might even add Dolphins to that list though that is less likely.

Thebudler
11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
The QB position you need consistency. You look for a leader and someone you can depend on. I wouldn't ever feel comfortable with Vince Young at QB. In my dreams I would love Andrew Luck... But no such luck! (pun intended) He is going to be a Buffalo Bill. I like Mallett and am starting to really like Cam Newton. He reminds me of a bigger Donovan Mcnabb. He is one guy I would keep an eye on the wonderlic results during pre-draft tests. In my opinion 80% of having success in the NFL is preparation. If they get to the NFL, they have the arm to be there!

House
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
The QB position you need consistency. You look for a leader and someone you can depend on. I wouldn't ever feel comfortable with Vince Young at QB. In my dreams I would love Andrew Luck... But no such luck! (pun intended) He is going to be a Buffalo Bill. I like Mallett and am starting to really like Cam Newton. He reminds me of a bigger Donovan Mcnabb. He is one guy I would keep an eye on the wonderlic results during pre-draft tests. In my opinion 80% of having success in the NFL is preparation. If they get to the NFL, they have the arm to be there!

Good point. I think Cam Newton can be successful IF he works at it (I think he will). That being said, I like the fact that you bring the Wonderlic up... Players like P. Manning, M. Ryan & S. Bradford all did well in the wonderlic. An arm is great, athleticism is great, but if you have no brain behind it, you won't make it far.

House
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
He needs some work... but I'd take a look. What round is he projected for?

He's staying another year. He'll come out in 2012.

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/11/11/sports/doc4cdc7767ead43212766073.txt

shen
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Well with McNabb signing a 5 year extension with Redskins (did not see that coming) it is safe to assume they are not looking for a QB.

I think the following teams as it stands this moment will look at drafting a QB (might not draft one if donít like what is available at selection).

Raiders
Bengals
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings
Titans
Dolphins
Jaguars
Cardinals

I am not saying they will all pick QBís or are locks to try for one. However they are the teams that look weakest at QB position for next year as it stands right now. I did not include the Bills as they seem to have finally lucked out. They have far bigger problems and given lack of weapons for Fitz to throw to he looks just that much better given how he has done.

Of those teams I see four of them definitely picking ahead of us. Those teams picking ahead being Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals, and Vikings (in no particular order). I think Bengals though will be more content to get a project at QB so they can bring him along behind Palmer and give Palmer another chance to get right. Of the four I mentioned the only two that I see as looking for a QB hard are Cardinals and 49ers.

If this holds then I can see us ending up picking with Mallet and Locker still on the board as well as Newton. Knowing that I think we might have to take one of them. We got holes that need filling but I point to the Rams. The difference a good young QB can make is undeniable at least in my eyes. If we do not draft one of these QBís in the first round then it is highly likely they will be gone by our next pick. We donít need a project QB we need new guy that we can sit for the year to learn offense and if needed put in after first 4-6 games.

NateyB24
11-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Well with McNabb signing a 5 year extension with Redskins (did not see that coming) it is safe to assume they are not looking for a QB.

I think the following teams as it stands this moment will look at drafting a QB (might not draft one if donít like what is available at selection).

Raiders
Bengals
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings
Titans
Dolphins
Jaguars
Cardinals

I am not saying they will all pick QBís or are locks to try for one. However they are the teams that look weakest at QB position for next year as it stands right now. I did not include the Bills as they seem to have finally lucked out. They have far bigger problems and given lack of weapons for Fitz to throw to he looks just that much better given how he has done.

Of those teams I see four of them definitely picking ahead of us. Those teams picking ahead being Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals, and Vikings (in no particular order). I think Bengals though will be more content to get a project at QB so they can bring him along behind Palmer and give Palmer another chance to get right. Of the four I mentioned the only two that I see as looking for a QB hard are Cardinals and 49ers.

If this holds then I can see us ending up picking with Mallet and Locker still on the board as well as Newton. Knowing that I think we might have to take one of them. We got holes that need filling but I point to the Rams. The difference a good young QB can make is undeniable at least in my eyes. If we do not draft one of these QBís in the first round then it is highly likely they will be gone by our next pick. We donít need a project QB we need new guy that we can sit for the year to learn offense and if needed put in after first 4-6 games.

Cross off the Titans and Raiders i heard Al Davis Loves Campbell so if he keeps like he is its safe to assume they won't go for one that high and there not going to give up on Vince Young after one season i see him getting 1 more year.

shen
11-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Vince has been in league several years and the team(players) do not like or respect him. He get's benched most games. His chances of being back are less then 15%. Davis likes Cambell but Cambell is not the future and after the Jamarcus thing I am willing to bet he is more willing to cut ties sooner then the Jamarcus debacle.

You could very well be right on Raiders but Titans will take a QB. Collins is the favored QB there but he is having issues and his contract is up after the year. Vince is not wanted by players or coaches at this point.

NateyB24
11-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Vince has been in league several years and the team(players) do not like or respect him. He get's benched most games. His chances of being back are less then 15%. Davis likes Cambell but Cambell is not the future and after the Jamarcus thing I am willing to bet he is more willing to cut ties sooner then the Jamarcus debacle.

You could very well be right on Raiders but Titans will take a QB. Collins is the favored QB there but he is having issues and his contract is up after the year. Vince is not wanted by players or coaches at this point.

This is technically his 3rd year he led the team to the playoffs his rookie year i believe? Then he got those depression problems and ended up being benched for Collins then the next year Collins struggled Mightedly and Vince Young led them to an 8-8 record i seriously don't think they will give up on him. You may be right though but the owner loves VY hes the one who wanted him to play over Collins.

shen
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM
This is his 5th year and has still not proven himself. He has shown to be very up and down and unreliable. Owner might like him but coaches are clearly tired of him. His team mates keep going to reporters and all that speaking out against him. He does not have the locker room, does not have respect of the players and without that he will never be an effective QB. Depending on how he finishes out the year it is highly likely he is replaced if Fisher has anything to say about it.

shen
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
He was rookie of the year his rookie season despite not actually putting up even decent numbers. He had a QB rating of 66 and had like 1 more INT then TD's. Was like 13 INT's and 12 TD's. He is one of those players that someone saw a good highlight and suddenly everyone thought was this great QB when has never shown that.

shen
11-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Career #'s of 57% completion, 42 TD's, 42 INT's, 17 fumbles, and passer rating of 75. He is not a starting QB and Fisher is getting tired of trying to make him one.

NateyB24
11-16-2010, 01:12 AM
I still think they will give him 1 more year this was the first time he was given a chance since his rookie year.

ccg34
11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
What do you guys think of trading our 1st or 2nd round draft pick for Kevin Kolb after the season? Philly should be looking to trade him since Vick has been named the hands down starter. He is a good young qb and would be a great replacement for Hasselbeck. He is also proven that he can be a capable starting qb in the league.

House
11-17-2010, 01:23 AM
What do you guys think of trading our 1st or 2nd round draft pick for Kevin Kolb after the season? Philly should be looking to trade him since Vick has been named the hands down starter. He is a good young qb and would be a great replacement for Hasselbeck. He is also proven that he can be a capable starting qb in the league.

I actually thought we'd look into that this past offseason. When he was dubbed the "Starter" and McNabb was traded, all bids were off. Now that Vick has gone En Fuego, NO WAY does Vick not stay in PHI as the starter. I don't see Kolb happily sticking around for a Vick injury and an opportunity to start again. This would work out great if we decide to NOT re-sign Matt. Kolb is definitely NFL starter material.

How about this:
2011 2nd rd pick & 2012 2nd rd pick for Kevin Kolb & a 3rd or 4th rd pick (get a pick back that we gave up for Charlie)

or

2011 2nd rd pick & conditional 2012 pick for Kevin Kolb

We keep our 1st rd pick and we use it on either an OL, DE or CB. We'll keep our other picks to continue to build this team for the draft.

GREAT IDEA!!!

shen
11-17-2010, 01:55 AM
I would say it depends on final drafting position. If we end up in 18-24 range or above(not good chance but accounting for possibility's) then go with what House said. Though I would prefer O-line depending on what is there. Need to be able to keep QB up right and get some freaking running room for our backfield.

Don't matter if keep opponent to 3 points if we fail to score anything.

NateyB24
11-17-2010, 02:42 AM

1st and a 2nd for Kolb? Not worth it. We need to save all the picks we can get id rather just draft one out of the class thats coming up or wait another year even though were winning we need these picks to build up our team with more talent.

Besides Kolb doesn't fit Bates or Carolls offense they want a mobile QB with a big arm in my opinion were definitley going to get 1 of Mallet/Locker/Newton (Even though im not a fan of Newton because of the spread offense failure Alex Smith being a prime example it doesn't translate.)

Might aswell forget Pryor he is going back for his senior year. Honestly i don't know who Pete will go after but i remember him trying to recruit Locker hard and had a man crush on him. Not a huge fan of Locker but if he falls and Pete picks him i just have to trust them they haven't failed us yet Wilson is doing nothing for the Ravens and is Lawrence Jackson even doing anything for the Lions? Haven't heard his name either lol.

shen
11-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Mallet fits the mold and I def want him in Seattle. Mallet wont be making big runs or anything like that, however he is mobile in the pocket and can get away from defenders. Though some times he prefers to throw them off.

Will point though that he said 1st OR 2nd not 1st and 2nd. You are still right on the points you made though. I think it is possible that if player want is not at spot then would see a trade of some sort. Not necessarily for Kolb, or even at QB.

House
11-17-2010, 03:16 AM
1st and a 2nd for Kolb? Not worth it. We need to save all the picks we can get id rather just draft one out of the class thats coming up or wait another year even though were winning we need these picks to build up our team with more talent.

Besides Kolb doesn't fit Bates or Carolls offense they want a mobile QB with a big arm in my opinion were definitley going to get 1 of Mallet/Locker/Newton (Even though im not a fan of Newton because of the spread offense failure Alex Smith being a prime example it doesn't translate.)

Might aswell forget Pryor he is going back for his senior year. Honestly i don't know who Pete will go after but i remember him trying to recruit Locker hard and had a man crush on him. Not a huge fan of Locker but if he falls and Pete picks him i just have to trust them they haven't failed us yet Wilson is doing nothing for the Ravens and is Lawrence Jackson even doing anything for the Lions? Haven't heard his name either lol.

Wilson is starting for the Ravens, instead of being their NB. Hopefully he translates into a 4th rd pick vs a 5th. Lo-Jack was traded for a 6th rd pick from DET. We gave SF our 6th for Balmer, so they were almost a complete wash.

We have a 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths (Wilson), 5th, 2 6ths (Wallace) and a 7th. We should also get a comp pick or two for losing Burleson & Redding.

We have plenty of picks and I'm very positive we'll make the most of them!!!

NateyB24
11-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Wilson is starting for the Ravens, instead of being their NB. Hopefully he translates into a 4th rd pick vs a 5th. Lo-Jack was traded for a 6th rd pick from DET. We gave SF our 6th for Balmer, so they were almost a complete wash.

We have a 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths (Wilson), 5th, 2 6ths (Wallace) and a 7th. We should also get a comp pick or two for losing Burleson & Redding.

We have plenty of picks and I'm very positive we'll make the most of them!!!

Hopefully the 5th that turns into a 4th is playing time not based off of performance otherwise were screwed lol.

Boozerguy47
11-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Any ideas on if we will pursue any free agents to fill the need at DL, OL or CB?

House
11-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Any ideas on if we will pursue any free agents to fill the need at DL, OL or CB?

Clearly my own speculation/wishlist

OL: Logan Mankins. $$$ will be the issue, but a young PROVEN OG is something that would help us big.

LT: Okung
LG: Mankins
C: Spencer or Unger (if we bring Spencer back)
RG: Pitts, Andrews or Rookie
RT: Andrews (Locklear isn't coming back) or Rookie

That's a monster frontline...

DE: I'd love to take a look at would be Ray Edwards (MIN). He'll be 28, great every down guy, frustrated in MIN. There are some AWESOME rookie DEs coming out (Clayborn, Quinn & Heyward) coming out the 1st rd.

CB: I think we'll hit the draft. There are a bunch of BIG CBs coming out that are 6'1"+ and strong. We need a Big Guy to fight with these bigger WRs and Trufant can slide into the #2 CB. Thurmond is developing as well and depth is never a bad thing!!!

furmat60
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

House
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Interesting read. in regards to our QB situation: Re-sign Matt, signing vet QBs like Kolb/Palmer or drafting a QB...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2013450976_hawk17.html

furmat60
11-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Interesting read. in regards to our QB situation: Re-sign Matt, signing vet QBs like Kolb/Palmer or drafting a QB...

I think Kolb is really good. I would rather keep Matt, just because he knows the offense, but Kolb is a good QB.

NateyB24
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM

I hope we don't sign Palmer his career is over he had alot of promise but after shredding his knee and hurting his arm he has really been inconsistent. His throws are terrible.

House
11-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I hope we don't sign Palmer his career is over he had alot of promise but after shredding his knee and hurting his arm he has really been inconsistent. His throws are terrible.

I don't want Palmer either. Just a name thrown out there in the article

steelie
11-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Weren't we trying to get Kolb from Philly before we got Charlie? I think Philly sign's Vick and maybe Kolb becomes expendable. I would take a run at Kolb and have Matt play another year. I'm hoping Matt can play like he did last week and then we can either take a run at Kolb or draft a QB to groom under Matt.

House
11-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Weren't we trying to get Kolb from Philly before we got Charlie? I think Philly sign's Vick and maybe Kolb becomes expendable. I would take a run at Kolb and have Matt play another year. I'm hoping Matt can play like he did last week and then we can either take a run at Kolb or draft a QB to groom under Matt.

I think you're right. Then they traded McNabb and that was that. I think grabbing a polished QB like Kolb would eliminate the need to keep Matt.

If we go the route of drafting a QB, bringing Matt back could be very important.

steelie
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM

sorry delete this. It double posted

Captain Planet
11-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike vick!!

House
11-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Mike vick!!

We had a shot last year, didn't happen. We'll never stand a chance getting him!

NateyB24
11-17-2010, 09:08 PM
We had a shot last year, didn't happen. We'll never stand a chance getting him!

I would have love to have gotten him but Clayton said Paul Allen would have never signed off on it because of his sister. I wonder how he would do with a team without Jackson,McCoy and Maclin though.

House
11-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I would have love to have gotten him but Clayton said Paul Allen would have never signed off on it because of his sister. I wonder how he would do with a team without Jackson,McCoy and Maclin though.

Your last statement is the EXACT reason he's staying in Philly... It's a PERFECT fit with him and those guys in that scheme!

NateyB24
11-19-2010, 02:12 PM
So is Mel Kiper getting payed to hype up Newton? I mean seriously i get why people put Luck over Locker because Luck is just amazing and Mallet because he is a little better. But i don't see how Kiper can justify giving Locker 4th best QB in the draft Newton runs a spread offense for cripe sakes Locker atleast runs a NFL style offense i just don't get it. I do not see anyone taking Newton before Locker Newton runs a spread offense which hasn't had any success in the NFL. Id rank the QBS:

1.Luck
2.Mallet
3.Locker.

I don't know were to put Newton he has the physical abilities like all of these guys but i don't want a guy who doesn't run a pro style offense.

(Also no im not hyping up Locker i appreciate what he did for UW but i do not like this draft class really past Luck for QB.)

House
11-21-2010, 06:51 PM
TEN officially will be looking at a QB. Vince Young is DONE in TEN...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/fisher-vince-young-is-no-longer-the-titans-starting-quarterback/

NateyB24
11-21-2010, 06:55 PM
TEN officially will be looking at a QB. Vince Young is DONE in TEN...

Agreed. Sorry Shen i was wrong but if Vince didn't have this tirade i truely believe they would have let Vince play another year but since hes acting like a child im 100% sure hes gone.

House
11-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Agreed. Sorry Shen i was wrong but if Vince didn't have this tirade i truely believe they would have let Vince play another year but since hes acting like a child im 100% sure hes gone.

I'm all for giving people chances, but we better stay away from that ****ing headcase! As talented as he can be, he has got some serious issues!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/fisher-vince-young-is-no-longer-the-titans-starting-quarterback/

FWBrodie
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
He's too stupid to learn an offense.

House
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
He's too stupid to learn an offense.

Very true... I don't want to EVER give him a shot!

furmat60
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I'd almost rather have Losman in there lol.

shen
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Apparently he was upset that he said his thumb was fine but Fisher refused to put him in. Fisher I think in part refused because he does not want Vince. Vince says his thumb is fine but Fisher is talking about surgery and shutting him down. It seems like Fisher is looking for a reason.

After this not even the owner will step in for Vince though. Throw you uni and pads into stands. Fight with coach then push team mate after storming off. No wonder rest the Titans don't like the guy, immature little punk. I was someone that every season kept thinking and hoping "this is gonna be the year". It's a shame dude has to be such a headcase all the time.

House
11-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Some people just can't handle the life of being a professional athlete. These guys can have all the talent in the world and no sense to get them anywhere. I hope he gets his life together as I never want to see someone struggle through life, but he definitely needs help.

House
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
This mock has us taking Christian Ponder in the 2nd. He falls as the 5th QB taken. Sounds about right!

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock/2011

Captain Planet
11-21-2010, 11:59 PM
if you go look in the main forum...Fitz wants out of AZ ...damn FITZ AND BMW WOULD BE LETHAL!!!! Hasselbeck would get a hard on!!,...we all know Hass still has it....only thing is he is fragile...but okung back....and the way he played today in the loss was Beautiful! He shredded their secondary. I want Hass next year!!! With Fitz!!!

bruser23
11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm going to stick up for Vince.

First I'm going to straight up say I do not know 100% of the details here. IMO Fisher has really been a terrible coach to him. Constantly switching QBs. I agree with what Vince said, that he's not walking out on the team he's walking out on him(Fisher). Now I do not agree in the manner he did it. He really needed to keep the conversation behind closed doors and request a release or something of the sort.

House
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
if you go look in the main forum...Fitz wants out of AZ ...damn FITZ AND BMW WOULD BE LETHAL!!!! Hasselbeck would get a hard on!!,...we all know Hass still has it....only thing is he is fragile...but okung back....and the way he played today in the loss was Beautiful! He shredded their secondary. I want Hass next year!!! With Fitz!!!

I'd love Fitz, but NO WAY does he get traded within the NFC West. I know everyone is going to say "McNabb got traded within the NFC East." Trading for Fitz would break the bank... We aren't a WR from winning it all and we'd have to give up MORE than what DEN got for Marshall. Not putting him in the same category, but Vincent Jackson is going to be an UFA and he'd come free!

House
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm going to stick up for Vince.

First I'm going to straight up say I do not know 100% of the details here. IMO Fisher has really been a terrible coach to him. Constantly switching QBs. I agree with what Vince said, that he's not walking out on the team he's walking out on him(Fisher). Now I do not agree in the manner he did it. He really needed to keep the conversation behind closed doors and request a release or something of the sort.

I see what you're saying... If you look at the history of VY, he's had several MENTAL breakdowns and it has damaged him in regards to his play and his fans. Whether its issues with maturity, self-confidence, anxiety or stress, he NEEDS help. A mentor like Tony Dungy (how he talked to Michael Vick while in prison) would do him WONDERS. I hope he gets his life together, I just don't think we're the team that'll take a chance on him.

FWBrodie
11-22-2010, 12:54 AM

Fitz would cost AT LEAST two first round picks. For a team without a clear future at QB that would be a bad idea. If you can sure up QB then it might make sense, but you'd have to clear the in-division hurdle.

House
11-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Fitz would cost AT LEAST two first round picks. For a team without a clear future at QB that would be a bad idea. If you can sure up QB then it might make sense, but you'd have to clear the in-division hurdle.

The Rams on the other hand could make a play and that'd be scary!

shen
11-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Vince has not allowed Fisher to help him. Did you read about how Vince was egging on the crowd when they booed him. Vince has shown time and again he is not interested in help. From what it sounds like most if not all the Titans roster don't like Vince and don't want to play with him at this point. I am sorry but when you got Moss on your team and you are the guy everyone has a problem with then it aint anyone elses fault.

House
11-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Interesting read on Ponder...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2511

NateyB24
11-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Interesting read on Ponder...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2511

After reading this doesn't seem like hes the type of QB that would fit Bates offense. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer from what i seen of him though.

NateyB24
11-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Vince has not allowed Fisher to help him. Did you read about how Vince was egging on the crowd when they booed him. Vince has shown time and again he is not interested in help. From what it sounds like most if not all the Titans roster don't like Vince and don't want to play with him at this point. I am sorry but when you got Moss on your team and you are the guy everyone has a problem with then it aint anyone elses fault.

Never saw what the Titans saw in him he is athletic but his throws are poor. It did always feel like Fisher didn't like Vince it always seemed like he wanted Collins to start all along.

House
11-22-2010, 12:10 PM
After reading this doesn't seem like hes the type of QB that would fit Bates offense. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer from what i seen of him though.

My thoughts as well. He is a pocket guy who scrambles, but from what I've seen, he's got a good accurate arm. His footwork isn't bad either.

shen
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Fisher liked him that first year but over the course of second season that changed. I don't think he liked that Vince actually had a poor rookie year yet got the RoY and acted like he did this great job. Then missed most second year and started having all those "issues". After 5 years if HC and team do not have faith in him then the blame is his.

House
11-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Did y'all watch any of the big games today (AUB vs ALA, ORE vs ARI or BS vs NEV)? QBs all showed up... Newton, Foles, Moore and Kaepernick all had good/decent showings. I know its college ball, but definitely good games.

I found this interesting... I consistantly look at the mock draft from www.draftsite.com. They've been fairly accurate in past years and I like the fact that they also update every Tuesday. With this past weeks update, we are NO LONGER taking Christian Ponder (2nd rd) in this coming draft. In fact we aren't drafting a QB in 2011. It shows us drafting Kellen Moore in 2012. Are they projecting us resigning Matt or us possibly making a play for a QB this coming offseason (Kolb?) and drafting Moore as a backup next year?

Not trying to read too much into it, but I think it's safe to say we should/need to draft a QB and the sooner the better, right?

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock/2011

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 03:14 AM
I like Kappernick and Newton im a little bit worried grabbing either of them in the 1st round because of the offense they run in college which is the spread style. Really haven't seen much from Foles to be honest so i can't really give you my opinion on him.

Theres no way we wait till 2012 to get Matts replacement i say it will 2011 most likely but I really wouldn't be surprised if they waited another year for QB though this class really isn't QB heavy and if were picking in the 20s Luck|Mallet|Locker are all goona be gone most likely.

SF 49ers
Bengals
Vikings
Titans (Who Shen stated earlier)
Bills (If there not sold on Fitz and Luck is there i wouldn't be surprised if they went QB)
Cardinals

These are all teams who need QBS Might be a few more im missing.

House
11-27-2010, 04:18 AM
I like Kaepernick and Newton im a little bit worried grabbing either of them in the 1st round because of the offense they run in college which is the spread style. Really haven't seen much from Foles to be honest so i can't really give you my opinion on him.

Theres no way we wait till 2012 to get Matts replacement i say it will either be this year or next year i still think there going to sign Matt to some stop gap contract.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they waited another year for QB though this class really isn't QB heavy and if were picking in the 20s Luck|Mallet|Locker are all goona be gone most likely.

SF 49ers
Bengals
Vikings
Titans (Who Shen stated earlier)
Bills (If there not sold on Fitz and Luck is there i wouldn't be surprised if they went QB)
Cardinals

These are all teams who need QBS Might be a few more im missing.

Kaepernick is a project. I don't know much about him either. I have no idea where he falls in the draft. IMO, I'm guessing he'd go anywhere between the 4-6th rounds. If anyone has incite, please say something!

Newton however, is a work in progress. He has progressed his passing game and coaching that'll help him adjust to the NFL is going to be KEY to his succcess. He easily has the size/intangibles to be the next Culpepper type of QB. I'd take Newton in the 2nd round, I don't even know where Kaepernick falls in the draft.

Everything I've seen on Foles so far has him coming out in 2012. I don't know much about him either, but he throws the ball a TON. ARI runs more of a traditional offense so he isn't all about running, which IMO, showcases a QBs arm and footwork.

This year's draft is 2011... Next year's is 2012... KUCKLEHEAD! LOL

This is a good draft year for QBs and next year will be as well. Next years BIG projected QBs are: Barkley, Pryor, Moore and Foles. We'll see what happens

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Kaepernick is a project. I don't know much about him either. I have no idea where he falls in the draft. IMO, I'm guessing he'd go anywhere between the 4-6th rounds. If anyone has incite, please say something!

Newton however, is a work in progress. He has progressed his passing game and coaching that'll help him adjust to the NFL is going to be KEY to his succcess. He easily has the size/intangibles to be the next Culpepper type of QB. I'd take Newton in the 2nd round, I don't even know where Kaepernick falls in the draft.

Everything I've seen on Foles so far has him coming out in 2012. I don't know much about him either, but he throws the ball a TON. ARI runs more of a traditional offense so he isn't all about running, which IMO, showcases a QBs arm and footwork.

This year's draft is 2011... Next year's is 2012... KUCKLEHEAD! LOL

This is a good draft year for QBs and next year will be as well. Next years BIG projected QBs are: Barkley, Pryor, Moore and Foles. We'll see what happens

My bad fixed. I like Newton from a talent stand point i just wish that he would have some pro style offense experience maybe Bates can work with him though.

Will be interesting to see how things go on draft day because Luck and Mallet don't have to come out in this draft they could go back to school but if im Luck and Mallet i definitley come out considering how many teams will need a QB.

shen
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
That draft site has the 49ers taking Mallet few spots ahead of Cards who they then have taking Locker (even though others have Locker falling to second round these days). That would suck if by next season other three NFCW teams have QB's and we don't.

House
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM
That draft site has the 49ers taking Mallet few spots ahead of Cards who they then have taking Locker (even though others have Locker falling to second round these days). That would suck if by next season other three NFCW teams have QB's and we don't.

I know... While Locker has fallen down draft boards, he's going to shoot back up after the Combine and Pro days. Everyone is going to say he had nothing to work with at UW and they could be right. I have a gut feeling he wouldn't pan out for us.

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 03:41 PM

I agree it would suck and it very well could happen. The chances are very high actually that we won't have a shot at a good QB.

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I know... While Locker has fallen down draft boards, he's going to shoot back up after the Combine and Pro days. Everyone is going to say he had nothing to work with at UW and they could be right. I have a gut feeling he wouldn't pan out for us.

Depends i think whats going to hurt him is accuracy he has all the other tools but he can make some pretty bad decisions. I wonder if his rib injury is affecting him more then usual though.

shen
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Mallet with two 80+ yard TD's, both were he did excellent job anticipating his receivers and the D.

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Mallet with two 80+ yard TD's, both were he did excellent job anticipating his receivers and the D.

Nice!! This offensive line for Jake Locker is terrible its like watching the Seahawk line of last year.

NateyB24
11-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Huskie game is over they won but i can't really say much about Locker offensive line didn't give him much time for me to evaluate him although he made a nice throw to set up the go ahead TD to win the game with 2 secs left.

Flipping to the ARK game now.

House
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM

I have the game on my DVR. That 1st TD toss was sick. If his WR didn't get it, no one was. Great job by the WR to plant his feet, stay in bounds and finish for the TD.

shen
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
If you noticed that Jarius Wright (#4) dropped/batted/bobbled a couple passes then let me inform you, he does that at the very least once a game. He did it like 4 or 5 times in the Alabama game so Mallet stopped going to him and that is when the picks happened. Mallet could not trust the guy so he tried finding others but they were all to well covered. If you get him receivers that don't drop every other ball then his completion % goes up.

Honestly if not for Wright then Arkansas would have won against Bama. Dude just kept dropping perfect passes and tipping them to the D. Was just so horrible, if someone else could have been open the Arkansas wins that game.

House
11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
This mock made me SMILE... He has us drafting Prince Amukamara @ #13 and drafting Ryan Mallett @ #45. That would the ULTIMATE!!! It might even be better than this past year's draft.

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/draft/view/Joey%20DiNatale/My_Mock_Draft_22/1

shen
11-28-2010, 03:33 AM
With six teams in need of QB making total of 11 picks before our second round pick, no way Mallet falls to us. Would be freaking awesome, but just not going to happen.

House
11-28-2010, 03:59 AM
With six teams in need of QB making total of 11 picks before our second round pick, no way Mallet falls to us. Would be freaking awesome, but just not going to happen.

Can you imagine what happens if Luck keeps his word and stays another year? Ryan Mallett will be a Top 3 pick, possibly #1 overall

Boozerguy47
11-28-2010, 06:35 AM
This mock made me SMILE... He has us drafting Prince Amukamara @ #13 and drafting Ryan Mallett @ #45. That would the ULTIMATE!!! It might even be better than this past year's draft.

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/draft/view/Joey%20DiNatale/My_Mock_Draft_22/1

Looks good, except for the illiterate creator.

NateyB24
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Can you imagine what happens if Luck keeps his word and stays another year? Ryan Mallett will be a Top 3 pick, possibly #1 overall

If the Michigan head coach gets fired Clayton seems to think Harbaugh would leave Stanford for Michigan because Stanford won't be able to afford to compete with the other schools that would mean Luck would declare which is good for us.

I haven't really seen much from Moore but from what i hear hes to short to play QB in the NFL and lacks arm strength.

NateyB24
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM

^ This Mallet,Locker,Luck,Newton all possibly could be gone by the time we pick in the 1st round anyways. Doesn't help that there really are no interesting free agent QBS. I really wouldn't mind a CB or a Center or if none of those QBS are avilable. Reason i say center is because Spencers contract is up this year.

House
11-28-2010, 03:16 PM
^ This Mallet,Locker,Luck,Newton all possibly could be gone by the time we pick in the 1st round anyways. Doesn't help that there really are no interesting free agent QBS. I really wouldn't mind a CB or a Center or if none of those QBS are avilable. Reason i say center is because Spencers contract is up this year.

Max Unger will be back and I think he'll take over the C position. Spencer has held up well, but I don't think he'll stick around.

CB, DE or OT would work out great!!!

House
11-28-2010, 03:17 PM
If the Michigan head coach gets fired Clayton seems to think Harbaugh would leave Stanford for Michigan because Stanford won't be able to afford to compete with the other schools that would mean Luck would declare which is good for us.

I haven't really seen much from Moore but from what i hear hes to short to play QB in the NFL and lacks arm strength.

Harbaugh leaving Stanford is DEFINITELY the key... IF Harbaugh agrees to coach the Carolina Panthers, Andrew Luck will be a PANTHER! It's been all over the NFL network all week

shen
11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
I think Harbaugh should go for Bengals, add some more fun to AFC North. Would be a fun rivalry to watch, Jim and Luck V. John and Flaco twice a year.

Seattle4Ever
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I'd be totally fine with drafting 2 OL with the first two picks.

Seattle4Ever
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think that guy picked even close to the right spot for teams... and he has piss poor grammar, which probably means he doesn't know what he's talking about.

House
11-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I said it made me SMILE, I never said it was practical. NO WAY does Mallett fall into the 2nd, much less past the Top 20

NateyB24
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I sure would love a CB if the good QBS are taken.

House
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I sure would love a CB if the good QBS are taken.

Peterson will be a Lion, Amukamara will probably be off the board when were up. Anyone know anything about Ras-I Dowling? I've seen his name a couple of times and I honestly know nothing about him.

D-line is another big need and plenty are going in the 1st.

ccg34
11-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd be totally fine with drafting 2 OL with the first two picks.

I think we should 1 OL and trade the other for Kolb (If he is available).

Cheflhale
11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet but it is a decent read...

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/?p=856#more-856

House
11-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know anything about Pat Devlin from Deleware? My buddy tells me this morning, "Y'all should draft Devlin." From what I've read (this morning), he transferred from Penn State to Deleware, Very similar to Flacco in style and frame (6'4", 220lbs), strong arm and good footwork.

I figured he's getting no love since he's a small school (Deleware), but he is ranked in the Top 10 QBs prospects. I know it's a highlight video, which only shows his good, but he makes a lot of throws that would fit WRs like Butler and Tate. Natey, mechanics check? I've read things about him having good footwork and he looks good in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4SBu8S3IFI

I'd say he's worth a shot of a 3rd/4th rd pick (I know we don't have a 3rd, in another thread I mentioned moving down in 1st to re-acquire a 3rd.) Does anyone have anymore incite?

ElFuturoDeESPN
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Peterson will be a Lion, Amukamara will probably be off the board when were up. Anyone know anything about Ras-I Dowling? I've seen his name a couple of times and I honestly know nothing about him.

D-line is another big need and plenty are going in the 1st.

Dowling fractured his ankle last week and is out for the rest of the season (what, two games?) I'll need to track it down, but I read somewhere that he is VERY injury plagued... which is the last thing this team needs :laugh2:

shen
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Teams have 0-2 games left, it is not same for all schools. Some schools played last game of season and have no bowl game, others have a game left and bowl game, and some just the bowl game.

House
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Dowling fractured his ankle last week and is out for the rest of the season (what, two games?) I'll need to track it down, but I read somewhere that he is VERY injury plagued... which is the last thing this team needs :laugh2:

That sucks... We're already working with Walter Thrumond recovering from knee surgeries...