PDA

View Full Version : Have NBA Writers Lost Credibility?

LTBaByyy
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2010/10/30/10-nba-related-costumes-for-halloween/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Seriously??? This is so dumb. How do people work for NBA.com

This was on the front page of NBA.com!!! I could do better than that

blastmasta26
10-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Wow that was horrible. I've seen some stupid articles from there recently too.

Avenged
10-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it's pretty awful. Not really basketball related though, just a writer desperately failing at trying to be funny.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I guess I could use this thread to say, yes, NBA writers, for the most part, are a joke. They have minimal understanding of basketball. I don't follow football or baseball to the same degree I do basketball, but I would guess its the same to an extent

el_primo_nano
10-30-2010, 06:25 PM
its a blog.. kind stupid, but what do you expect

TheHoopsProphet
10-30-2010, 07:21 PM
I think the LeJames one was dumbest. I mean if stuff like this is making the front page of a huge website, then I demand that the HuffingtonPost headlines me surviving alcohol poisoning last night in spite of many shots of Bacardi 151 being chased with some delicious watermelon four lokos. Who the hell are NBA execs interviewing for these writing jobs? 16 year old ginger kids who have posters of Colby Byrant in their bedroom? Cal state northridge grads? Maybe some Reddit user hacked into their website and posted that? Who knows. Maybe JFK is living on an island with Tupac sharing long islands together, maybe the live set of man walking on the moon was filmed in my backyard, maybe there is no core of Tootsie pop, and maybe jesus came back to earth incarnated into the body of Marv Albert. All i know is that blog should not be anywhere near the nba website. Maybe that writer got into an argument with his boss aboout choosing to not wear underwear to work or for hitting on his wife, and he retaliated by posting that blog. Regardless, remember his name cause chances are you wont see it anymore. Go Lakers

TylerSL
10-30-2010, 07:29 PM
wow, I will never get that minute back :pity:

John Walls Era
10-30-2010, 07:36 PM
:laugh: I thought the exact same thing when I saw it.

EaglesJackson10
10-30-2010, 08:18 PM
wow that was terrible especially the OJ Mayo and Lebron one which doesn't even make sense. I actually like the Ivan Drago one though.

EaglesJackson10
10-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't know about all NBA writers but Chris Broussard certainly has lost credibility. He reported that Iguodala requested a trade from the Sixers and a ton of other reports came out saying that was absolute BS which makes me wonder if he just made it up or what.

Reggie Miller
10-30-2010, 08:55 PM
wow that was so funny. i like dejuan blair, oj mayo, lawrence frankenstein and big baby

LTBaByyy
10-31-2010, 12:26 AM
:laugh: I thought the exact same thing when I saw it.

I know lol pathetic, it was on the front page of NBA.com when i went there!!!

I couldve did that for 30 bucks! but im sure hes making six figures for it

whitemamba33
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
I think he did it for attention.

In which case, thanks to the tc, there is a thead over at "prosportsdaily.com" with a direct link to the article.

He got what he was looking for.