PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat: $12,000 for a Courtside Seat

Hunter48MVP
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
What a difference a year (and 2 new superstars) make ... TMZ has learned courtside seats at tonight's Miami Heat home opener are SELLING for more than $12,000 apiece.

A rep for Stubhub.com confirmed that they SOLD a pair of seats for tonight's game against the Orlando Magic for $12,942 each.

Just for comparison -- Stubhub spokesman Glenn Lehrman tells us ... last season, the most anyone paid for a courtside seat at a Heat home game was $2,250 when the Heat played the Lakers.

Stubhub wouldn't reveal the identity of the person who bought the $12k seats -- but we're guessing it wasn't a Cavs fan.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/29/miami-heat-courtside-tickets-seats-lebron-james-12000/

mark1125
10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
:yawn:

Hellcrooner
10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Rich people would prefer to wast that money attending a game than paying their employees More or contractin nw people and alowing them to earn their living .

Whats New?

TheHoopsProphet
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Who the hells going to sit courtside for those games? Paul Allen and Bill Gates? But Allen's a Blazerhead! And Gates doesn't even know what a black person looks like, let alone what basketball is. Miami's going to have empty seats!

SensandRaps
10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
im just trying to imagine what they can sell the courtside seats for when the heat make the playoffs

Chronz
10-29-2010, 03:53 PM
How much do you think they originally went for? I shouldve put my life savings into a pair and sold them for max profit, would that stuff work?

tmacsc2
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Thats ****in ridiculous

Hellcrooner
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
How much do you think they originally went for? I shouldve put my life savings into a pair and sold them for max profit, would that stuff work?

Is re-selling allowed in the states?

Here it is forbidden. ( people dodge the prohibition by making psychodellic ads like " I sell a Pencil for 1000 euros and give you a X game ticket as a Gift ")

TheHoopsProphet
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
^^

Redistribution is something the communists do. So yes, scalping is illegal (both the ticket kind, and the slice off the top of your head kind) in the U.S.

I met a guy in jail, who was caught selling baseball all-star stand around eventapolooza tickets and was going to be fined 10,000 dollars. I think it should be legal, but then again i have posters of Che and Stalin in my room that I pray to every time before i go to bed

justinnum1
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
^^

Redistribution is something the communists do. So yes, scalping is illegal (both the ticket kind, and the slice off the top of your head kind) in the U.S.

I met a guy in jail, who was caught selling baseball all-star stand around eventapolooza tickets and was going to be fined 10,000 dollars. I think it should be legal, but then again i have posters of Che and Stalin in my room that I pray to every time before i go to bed

Scalping is legal in florida.

TheHoopsProphet
10-29-2010, 04:16 PM

so is fist-pumping, and presidential vote manipulating, so florida doesn't count

dnewguy
10-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Lawd jesus

haggis
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Really? That's crazy...

GodsSon
10-29-2010, 04:26 PM
so is fist-pumping, and presidential vote manipulating, so florida doesn't count

lol...As for the ticket prices, nothing short of ridiculous

beasted86
10-29-2010, 04:56 PM

This.

I hope people understand now why many Heat games weren't sold out in prior years and even now. I've gone to the Arena at least 3 times last season looking to buy tickets at the box office, and left empty handed realizing the cheapest individual ticket was $90 a piece. The upper level was sold out to scalpers, and I refuse to pay $50 for a ticket they bought for $10.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-29-2010, 05:00 PM

LOLOLOL.

so how come its illegal to re sell tickets?

Sox72
10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
This.

I hope people understand now why many Heat games weren't sold out in prior years and even now. I've gone to the Arena at least 3 times last season looking to buy tickets at the box office, and left empty handed realizing the cheapest individual ticket was $90 a piece. The upper level was sold out to scalpers, and I refuse to pay $50 for a ticket they bought for $10.

Yes, I'm sure this is the reason those games weren't sold out.

Sox72
10-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Miami can't sell out, no matter what they do.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25536486

OneTuzSea
10-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Cool, another Miami Heat thread.

J$mo0th_3o5
10-29-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll be there:D

beasted86
10-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Yes, I'm sure this is the reason those games weren't sold out.

Actually yeah.

Go listen to the telecast and see how many times they say games were sold out, but the arena didn't reach capacity attendance. I'm not saying the Heat were supposed to sell out every game, but the attendance would have averaged better and bumped them up a few spots to top 10-12.

My brother works for Carnival (Mickey Arison owned), and there are co-workers of his that made it a part time job of theirs to use their discounted ticket rate to stand outside the arena and scalp tickets.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2010, 06:11 PM
^^

Didnt you say you were SerbiaN?

I would expect that all of you had enough of it already.

John Walls Era
10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Cool, another Miami Heat thread.

COOL, another poster complaining about a Heat thread, but decides to post in it anyways.

thescore53
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually yeah.

Go listen to the telecast and see how many times they say games were sold out, but the arena didn't reach capacity attendance. I'm not saying the Heat were supposed to sell out every game, but the attendance would have averaged better and bumped them up a few spots to top 10-12.

My brother works for Carnival (Mickey Arison owned), and there are co-workers of his that made it a part time job of theirs to use their discounted ticket rate to stand outside the arena and scalp tickets.

ye their attendance is actually near the raptors. i once tried to prove someone wrong and couldn't believe it was that high,

otwisted
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Ticket agents are gonna be the death of sports. It's legalized scalping because they are paying taxes on their profits.

hihbidty
10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Scalping is legal in Wisconsin too. Or at least it was the last time I went to a Vikes/Packer game at lambeau field. they had an area right out side the parking lot where sellers could legally buy and sell tickets for any price.

KingsPhillies
10-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I think someone needs to point out that there is a difference between scalping and re-selling. Scalping means you're selling the tickets for above face value in an effort to make a profit, sometimes(but not always) at the actual venue of the event. Re-selling just means you're selling tickets you purchased to someone else for face value. I don't see anything wrong with the latter, and have purchased tickets to countless games in that manner. Sometimes things in life arise that may make you unable to attend a game. That doesn't mean the ticket should go to waste. That also doesn't mean you should be making an unfair profit from it, either.

And although someone said earlier that scalping is legal in Florida, technically, it's not. That's the interesting thing about these Heat tickets. Under Florida law you are only allowed to re-sell your tickets for $1 above face value...unless they are sold through an internet website that: A. Is authorized by the original seller(i.e. the Miami Heat) B. Guarantees a full refund if you are not allowed to attend the event through no fault of your own(cancellations, undelivered tickets) and C. Discloses it is not the original seller, and does not control the pricing.

So basically, in Florida, you can't scalp your tickets in person. But if you go on certain websites, you can charge whatever the hell you want. Personally, I don't care how much money I have, I'm not spending $12,000 for a ticket to a home opener. I've sat court-side before, and it was awesome...but not $12,000 awesome.

If anyone is actually interest in the laws regarding ticket scalping/re-selling, here's a link to a page that goes over the laws for 27 different states. I think it was done by the Connecticut State Government a few years back, but I doubt much has changed in these laws since then. I found it to be fairly interesting.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0761.htm

Delrayhc
10-29-2010, 07:12 PM
This.

You gotta learn how to hustle the hustlers mang ........

TheHoopsProphet
10-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Didnt you say you were SerbiaN?

I would expect that all of you had enough of it already.

yea I am serbian, what does that have to do with anything?

OneTuzSea
10-30-2010, 12:36 PM
COOL, another poster complaining about a Heat thread, but decides to post in it anyways.

Cool, another poster complaining about a poster complaining about another Miami Heat thread and posting in it.

*Superman*
10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
That game wasn't even worth 25K

29$JerZ
10-30-2010, 01:02 PM
This.

That is pretty ridiculous. That's even worse than Madison Square Garden prices.
That really kills the fan love in a city for its team, everyone is cheering from home or at bars instead.

lakerboy
10-30-2010, 06:37 PM
It's been like this in LA for years. Just google lakers tickets. The tickets were like $30k in the finals.

kjoke
10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
can u imagine hwo much ud made if you had bought those seat before the 3 came? if tictets previouly cost 2000 and now 12 thousand 10 thousand difference x 41= 410000 dollars, let alone if u had multiple seats. Dman i wish i knew what lebron was thinking

dodie53
10-30-2010, 10:38 PM
12k?
that true?

h2r09
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
gladi renewed my season tickets 19 rows behind the basket for 50 a pop before the deadline.

for those complaining, the heat said before everything happened to renew and to trust them and you could have had much lower ticket prices, so dont blame them because they are taking advantage because of what happened in free agency.

Mplsman
10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
This is ridiculous. Who would want to pay that much just to sit courtside? Not worth it.

Foye
11-01-2010, 07:12 AM
How long will it take until they need to fill the courtside seats with families of the players?

el_primo_nano
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Knicks courtside are $24,000, why are you guys complaining??:laugh: