PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West, Von Wafer get into fist fight

PC
10-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Following an intense 3-on-3 game on Friday, Celtics guards Von Wafer and Delonte West got into a fight in the locker room.
West apparently followed Wafer into the locker room and threw the first punch, which may spur the Celtics to release him (he's on an unguaranteed contract). While West undoubtedly has the talent to be an effective NBA guard, incidents like these make it impossible to rely on him. Oct. 29 - 1:37 pm et
rotoworld

Looks like West started it and I agree, I think he's going to get released because of this...

ttam68
10-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Its amazing the ways people find to **** up good things.

*Superman*
10-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Bipolar people these days.

dnewguy
10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Well the Heat should pick him up....ohh wait!!!

justinnum1
10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
what a schmuck.

ManRam
10-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Such a shame for Delonte. He's so immensely talented, but bi-polar disorder is something so serious and so life-altering...and it's clearly really affected his career. Hopefully he can straighten things out (it won't just go away though). I have a cousin who has sever bi-polar disorder, and it is actually really scary.

Avenged
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
I actually like Delonte.. not a big fan of Wafer though. But still, shouldn't have taken it that far whatever the reasoning may be.

godolphins
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
This guy should get release, he doesn't know what a privelege it is to play in the NBA, some people just don't get it. :facepalm:

ManRam
10-29-2010, 01:54 PM
This guy should get release, he doesn't know what a privelege it is to play in the NBA, some people just don't get it. :facepalm:

Maybe you just don't understand the severity of the disease he has. I'm not condoning his behavior, but again, bipolar disorder is not a joke. There is an explanation for all his rash behavior. Again, it's not okay, but it's certainly not a matter of him not being grateful.

jiggin
10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
favorite T-shirt this year:

"Lebron may be moving South but his Mom is riding West."

Avenged
10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe you just don't understand the severity of the disease he has. I'm not condoning his behavior, but again, bipolar disorder is not a joke. There is an explanation for all his rash behavior. Again, it's not okay, but it's certainly not a matter of him not being grateful.

I think someone who suffers from that severity should not be allowed to play in the NBA.. or in any profession sport. It's a risk for themselves and for their teammates. Heck, even the fans. For an organization who highly protects players and fans, I don't think Delonte should be wearing any professional jersey. [if it is indeed that severe]

jiggin
10-29-2010, 01:59 PM

its an excuse. people who take care of it and manage it are just fine. I hate it when people hide behind "diseases" that are completely manageable. Its not like cancer, with the guidance of doctors (which he is surrounded by) he should easily be able to deal with the situation. Blaming it on the "disease" is like someone with diabetes freaking out when they end up in the hospital and saying I have this horrible disease and wanting people to feel sorry for them when they won't take insulin or do anything to try and manage it.

He has the resources and support network to make his problem a non issue...he just doesn't. Can't feel to bad for that kind of person.

GodsSon
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Sucks for Delonte

dnewguy
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Honestly I dont understand how any team would even sign a guy that's careless enough to be sleeping with his teammates Mom. That's the ultimate disrespect you can ever do to anyone, and a reason women are not taken seriously ever.....Gloria James is just an example of how you can't trust females, they're so emotional....they can even sleep with your sworn enemy just because he acts sweet to them.

priceless2124
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
ahahahaha i see where you're going with this one

Carey
10-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I was pissed when we traded for him, didnt use much then eventually shipped him off....i kinda see why now. Anybody would take his skill set but nobody wants those distractions.

sep11ie
10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Ya know, Von isn't exactly a level headed dude himself. Theres gotta be more to this.

Corey
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Ya know, Von isn't exactly a level headed dude himself. Theres gotta be more to this.

Eh.

It's the second time Delonte's started **** with Von since training camp.

Giaps
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
People that dumb don't deserve to be fortunate enough to play in the NBA.

GMEN4EVER
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I doubt Boston releases him, he's too valuable to them as a potential James antagonist. Cmon, James would definitely be affected by West if every time he goes up for a jump shot he hears "I banged your mom"...

On a serious note, Wafer is a bit nuts, and Delonte is absolutely crazy. Plus, Bi Polar athletes do tend to snap every once in a while, if the Celtics can't put up with that then they are the real idiots for bringing him in.

Chacarron
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Delonte is dope.

Corey
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
During a three-on-three game with Avery Bradley, Luke Harangody, Semih Erden and assistant coach Tyronn Lue, West began fouling Wafer each time the reserve guard touched the ball. West was increasingly physical to the point that Wafer exited to the locker room midway through the game. As he walked away, West barked obscenities and taunted Wafer.

After Wafer had showered and sat down at his locker, West approached from behind and threw a punch. Wafer didn't see the punch coming but quickly got off of the ground and connected on two punches of his own. He then wrestled West to the ground before being separated by the team's veterans.

Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were very unhappy with the incident, especially since it occurred just hours before a game.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17754#ixzz13lzdJA1r

beasted86
10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
West can't hold it together. He's done with the Celtics.

dnewguy
10-29-2010, 02:31 PM
It all started when Wafer called Delonte a mother****er. I kid, I kid :(

Sly Guy
10-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I was gonna make a wise-*** remark about delonte, von wafer, and lebron's mom, but I didn't know he's bipolar, so I won't rag on him.

netsgiantsyanks
10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
delonte:your starting to piss me off, im going to start fouling you.
wafer:eh, whatever.
delonte:you see how physical im getting on you? thats how physical i was on your mom!! you would know, you walked in to me smashing her.
wafer:how dare you say such a thing! im going in the locker room now!
delonte:yeah, you little *****, take it like a man. your mom did!

sep11ie
10-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Eh.

I'm not defending Delonte at all. I'm just saying Von clashes with people too.

thescore53
10-29-2010, 02:40 PM
von wafer is pretty strong guy, he would knock west the **** out,

td0tsfinest
10-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Eh.

I actually thought this thread was referring to their initial encounter.

This really sucks for the C's. West is a talented guard who could be useful as a back to Rondo but I wouldn't blame Boston if they released him.

Celtic AL
10-29-2010, 02:45 PM

dont count that out just yet since mike millers is out! and trust me if i was a heat fan i rather have west than a old jerry stackhouse

Celtic AL
10-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm not defending Delonte at all. I'm just saying Von clashes with people too.

thats why i think the c's should just cut ties with von!

Slimsim
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM

I know fighting is wrong but this is good for my NYK.

Antipod
10-29-2010, 02:49 PM
what a d*** head D

dnewguy
dont count that out just yet since mike millers is out! And trust me if i was a heat fan i rather have west than a old jerry stackhouse

fail

Celtic AL
i know fighting is wrong but this is good for my nyk.

lol /\

CLASSOF72
10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
What a loser I'm glad he won't be on the c's this year though wasn't looking forward to having him be on their depth chart.

Celtic AL
10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
fail
0-1

Stunner
10-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Wafer with the one -two combo!

thescore53
10-29-2010, 02:58 PM

no offense but i doubt the knicks even come close with competing for the Atlantic division, i could be wrong though,

sep11ie
10-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Why, cause West or Von was the key to the Celtics success this year?

Kevj77
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe you just don't understand the severity of the disease he has. I'm not condoning his behavior, but again, bipolar disorder is not a joke. There is an explanation for all his rash behavior. Again, it's not okay, but it's certainly not a matter of him not being grateful.I'll never forget Barret Robbins disappearing the night before the Super Bowl on the Raiders because of his bipolar desease. It cost him his career and almost his life when he attacked a police officer and was shot. I think he is still in prison. Hopefully West can get help before he falls as far as Robbins.

lavilevi23
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
What a *******. I hated this idiot ever since he entered the league...

ManRam
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I think someone who suffers from that severity should not be allowed to play in the NBA.. or in any profession sport. It's a risk for themselves and for their teammates. Heck, even the fans. For an organization who highly protects players and fans, I don't think Delonte should be wearing any professional jersey. [if it is indeed that severe]

So people with disorders shouldn't be allowed to partake in the profession they so desire? That's an incredibly disturbing outlook. The NBA should be treated no different than a job as a cashier. If he has the talents to play in the NBA, he should be allowed. Do you think all persons with disabilities should be barred from working. Come on dude. That's wrong. Fine him, work with him, etc. But don't start discriminating. If a team doesn't want to sign him, that's fine. But it sounds like you want a league-wide rule banning persons with certain disorders.

its an excuse. people who take care of it and manage it are just fine. I hate it when people hide behind "diseases" that are completely manageable. Its not like cancer, with the guidance of doctors (which he is surrounded by) he should easily be able to deal with the situation. Blaming it on the "disease" is like someone with diabetes freaking out when they end up in the hospital and saying I have this horrible disease and wanting people to feel sorry for them when they won't take insulin or do anything to try and manage it.

He has the resources and support network to make his problem a non issue...he just doesn't. Can't feel to bad for that kind of person.

To call it a "disease" is wrong on so many levels. Honestly, that's the most naive thing I've heard all day. No **** it isn't like cancer. I'm not saying it is. But it's real, it's serious, it's complicated and it isn't fixable. I'm also not saying he's blaming it on that, I am blaming it on that.

Are you a doctor? I have a cousin with sever bi-polar disorder, and it is scary, serious, and not a quick fix...or fixable at all. He flips out all the time. It's really not a fun ting.

And even people with diabetes...well, I'll spare you the medical lesson, but it's not just like you take some insulin and viola! you're all good to go.

Wow.

Again, I'm not justifying what he did, it just really bothers me when people act like you, and when people say he is just being ungrateful.

uprightciti
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
rut row

does this mean the c's will be unfocused tonight and the knicks take the win?!

:punish

ttam68
10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
So people with disorders shouldn't be allowed to partake in the profession they so desire? That's an incredibly disturbing outlook. The NBA should be treated no different than a job as a cashier. If he has the talents to play in the NBA, he should be allowed. Do you think all persons with disabilities should be barred from working. Come on dude. That's wrong. Fine him, work with him, etc. But don't start discriminating. If a team doesn't want to sign him, that's fine. But it sounds like you want a league-wide rule banning persons with certain disorders.

To call it a "disease" is wrong on so many levels. Honestly, that's the most naive thing I've heard all day. No **** it isn't like cancer. I'm not saying it is. But it's real, it's serious, it's complicated and it isn't fixable. I'm also not saying he's blaming it on that, I am blaming it on that.

Are you a doctor? I have a cousin with sever bi-polar disorder, and it is scary, serious, and not a quick fix...or fixable at all. He flips out all the time. It's really not a fun ting.

And even people with diabetes...well, I'll spare you the medical lesson, but it's not just like you take some insulin and viola! you're all good to go.

Wow.

Again, I'm not justifying what he did, it just really bothers me when people act like you, and when people say he is just being ungrateful.

Facts are facts. If he can't control himself, he shouldn't be there. Pity him, sure, but that doesn't make it acceptable if its a recurring issue.

I hadn't heard about the initial drama, so I looked it up. A few days old, but still:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/the_strange_aftermath_of_the_delonte_west_von_wafe r_skirmish/3480412

I can see why Wafer would be getting a little pissed.

tredigs
Such a shame for Delonte. He's so immensely talented, but bi-polar disorder is something so serious and so life-altering...and it's clearly really affected his career. Hopefully he can straighten things out (it won't just go away though). I have a cousin who has sever bi-polar disorder, and it is actually really scary.

Played with a guy in college who was bi-polar. Incredibly talented, but after he started maniacally laughing during our coaches drubbing of us following a tough loss at home, he was sent packing (far from his first "offense").

That said, I don't know any of the details about this Delonte incident (at work and didn't bother to read through everything if it was indeed posted), but this could've just been a situation where Von Wafer crossed the line verbally (aka many non-bi-polars would've acted similarly). Might be a blessing in disguise for Boston, though.

numba1CHANGsta

Where can i get one? :D

NYKNYGNYY
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
what a bad teamate...puching them in the back of the head, ****ing there mothers...send him to play with a.i

Avenged
10-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Not really discriminating since safety comes into play. I'm sure players and fans alike would much rather be safe than to have a guy out there capable of snapping at any minute. The guy has a chance to get treated [not sure if he does?] and with improvement and stability he should be allowed to play. But when you're at a risk of danger, then that just doesn't suit very well with me. Perhaps because you know someone close to you [like you said] that has his condition and I don't, so we probably have different views against it.

But in the end it really shouldn't matter, the guy isn't that good anyway and on top of that he's been causing unnecessary drama for a while.. Not a very intriguing combination for any team.

thescore53
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
What a *******. I hated this idiot ever since he entered the league...

how do u hate a rookie :confused: that would classify u as a hater ;)

RenegadeRiot36
10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
he was my favorite player on the cavs and i would love to see him back in a familiar scenery which may help him, and the cavs

faze38
10-29-2010, 03:43 PM
They should keep West just so I can hear what Boston will say when West enters the game against the Heat!

faze38
10-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Also players always get in fights! I also remember hearing MJ was going around slapping his teammates so I don't think it's that big of a deal! Just as long as he doesn't try to use a weapon against anybody I think they should be alright!

Hunter48MVP
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM

:laugh2:

DCB/LAL
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM

The military does it. :shrug:

DodgerBulls
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
maybe he wanted to go back to cleveland?

markbutter
10-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Also players always get in fights! I also remember hearing MJ was going around slapping his teammates so I don't think it's that big of a deal! Just as long as he doesn't try to use a weapon against anybody I think they should be alright!

He's already serving a 10 game suspension for a weapons charge in MD. And in Maryland, that's saying something. First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. It doesn't appear to me he's ever made that choice.

Given the hand holding and babysitting NBA teams do with folks (or at least that's pretty much available if wanted by any player), he's done. Well. . . . there's always Turkey.

tsb77
10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Not really discriminating since safety comes into play. I'm sure players and fans alike would much rather be safe than to have a guy out there capable of snapping at any minute. The guy has a chance to get treated [not sure if he does?] and with improvement and stability he should be allowed to play. But when you're at a risk of danger, then that just doesn't suit very well with me. Perhaps because you know someone close to you [like you said] that has his condition and I don't, so we probably have different views against it.

But in the end it really shouldn't matter, the guy isn't that good anyway and on top of that he's been causing unnecessary drama for a while.. Not a very intriguing combination for any team.

Ok then Ron Artest shouldn't be allowed to play either. He's a way bigger danger to fans considering he's already gone into the stands. West hasn't done anything close to that

Epicfailure
10-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Dude, this is why I miss Delonte. Not only was he good, but he's entertaining as hell.

THE_FLASH_21
10-29-2010, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the Update Doctor :rolleyes: If he has problems or a disease. he should get it under control. No excuse!!!

jbeezy
10-29-2010, 04:25 PM
i think he is going to end up in prison for life.

ankit
10-29-2010, 04:30 PM

loll absolutely hilarious dude

Jays Claw
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I've always viewed Delonte as a talented combo-guard with idiotic antics.

Avenged
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Ok then Ron Artest shouldn't be allowed to play either. He's a way bigger danger to fans considering he's already gone into the stands. West hasn't done anything close to that

Kind of different circumstances don't you think? Artest was provoked.. And he already paid his dues for that incident. He's been under control the past couple of seasons and I believe he see's a psychiatrist.

YoungOne
10-29-2010, 04:42 PM
and i had big hopes for delonte -.-

tcav701
10-29-2010, 04:50 PM
The C's were probably going to cut ties with Wafer when West came off his suspension anyways.

I'm sure they both played a part in the dispute and wouldn't be suprised if West stayed because he is the better player.

Slimsim
10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Why, cause West or Von was the key to the Celtics success this year?

Nope but any sorta distraction will help.

Rafer17
10-30-2010, 12:04 AM
No sympathy from me..

I like his game, but he is truly an idiot...

wileyisTOFU
10-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Both of them are kinda head cases
fDelonte on Jim Rome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ufrcQlKt4

rapsallday
10-30-2010, 02:20 AM
west to the lakers.....lol

HowBoutDemBulls
10-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Von must have forgotten Delonte's donuts

Jaji
10-30-2010, 09:35 AM
*Insert Delonte boning his mom joke here*

fadedmario
10-30-2010, 01:03 PM
bipolar disorder is no excuse for being a punk

FadeAwayLikeMJ
10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
im all in on sending him packing. i dont care about his game. hes a punk, and there is no room for punks on the C's

he gets arrested for illegal posession of a firearm(s)... basically ruined the Cavs in the playoffs (which one would argue RUINED Lebron's image cause he prolly would have stayed in Cleavland if they won it all) ... and now punching a teamate in the head (WHILE SERVING A 10 GAME SUSPENSION)?

we dont need a guy like that.

magichatnumber9
10-30-2010, 01:33 PM
GLORIA is like a drug.