PDA

View Full Version : Etan Thomas Stiring the Pot

SpeeMN
10-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Etan Thomas: Don’t want to criticize the refs. I think they are doing exactly what they were instructed to do. My question is about the actual instructions… I have seen guys get techs for frowning after a questionable call, sighing, shaking their head, asking a question in a respectable manner, etcetera. I understand some players were doing way too much complaining, but isn’t this new zero-tolerance rule a bit too much? HoopsHype.com

Etan Thomas: Do the Clippers really not give their own players 24-hour access to their facilities to practice and work on their games because Donald Sterling wants to save money on the electricity bill? Guess turning on the court lights isn’t a worthy investment to him. HoopsHype.com

Etan Thomas: According to analysis, a one-year lockout could cost the NBA CEOs about $1.2-1.5 billion. In the past, NBA CEOs believed they could just cover the losses of any work stoppage out of their pockets, but according to analysis the losses would, in fact, be severe. And even though the league would continue to receive certain national TV payments during the lockout, those payments would merely be loans that would have to be repaid to the networks out of future years’ payments. So my question is… Wouldn’t it be in the NBA’s best interest to stop playing hard ball and work out a deal that works for both parties? HoopsHype.com

Etan Thomas: Do female reporters really have to conduct their post-game interviews with players right when we come out of the shower? Should there be a dress code for reporters? And are male reporters allowed in WNBA locker rooms while they are getting dressed? Since the Ines Sainz fiasco, everyone has been walking on egg shells in our locker rooms with female reporters. Wouldn’t a better system be that the reporters pick a certain number of players that they would like to interview after the game? Instead of coming into the locker room, after the player is fully dressed he could be required to go to a media room to give post-game interviews. HoopsHype.com

Etan Thomas: Mike Wise of the Washington Post was suspended for a month for posting a phony scoop on Twitter, an experiment to see how widely it would be picked up. Later he admitted this was a very poor decision, but did he make a good point? Why is there no verification process, or checking of facts or sourcing when reporters (using social media or not) write stories before it is accepted as factual? HoopsHype.com

He's saying a lot of the things fans are saying and thinking. The Clippers not getting 24 hour facility time is laughable, Sterling should be fired by Stern. Can the Males be in the WNBA locker rooms when the women are butt-naked?? And I'm sooo glad that the NBA has to repay the Networks if the lockout happens, I thought they just received the money for having a contract and doing nothing. other thoughts??

ttam68
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I like him.

thescore53
10-29-2010, 10:31 AM
i like him.

JabberJaw
10-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Love it! It had to be said.

Testaverde16
10-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Might be the smartest guy in the NBA

levignjw
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
i like him.

sep11ie
10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
i like him.

LanceUpperCut
10-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Sterling saving on his power bill is about the most ******** thing I ever heard about a sports owner.

jeter4president
10-29-2010, 10:59 AM
this dude is sharp.

SensandRaps
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
if the thing about the WNBA is true then i want to be a reporter for the WNBA:p

Baller1
10-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I've always really liked Etan. He's just speaking the truth.

hgtiger32
10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
nba should listen to him. period.

sep11ie
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM

No you don't bro. No you don't.

Broadwayjoe NY
10-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow, I never knew Etan was so damned eloquent. Very impressed with his writing and they are all legitimate gripes about the NBA or their respective owners. I'm not sure how many other players are as savy and intelligent as Thomas, but wish they'd speak out a bit more.

After reading this and what he's questioning, I would not be surprised at all to see Thomas be a member of the NBA players association or some sort of team exec. It's awesome to see players like this!

Kashmir13579
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
word.... CUSE STAND UP

SpeeMN
10-29-2010, 12:48 PM
He should think about joining with the players union if he hasn't already. The players need a veteran voice that is an outstanding citizen and has never been a problem for Stern.

shep33
10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
No you don't bro. No you don't.

Hahahaha

Focused1
10-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Love It, Co-sign 100%

2_Trill
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Dam! Impressive... But I do have to admitt before I read this, I had no idea who Etan Thomas was???

mjt20mik
10-29-2010, 01:17 PM
dam! Impressive... But i do have to admitt before i read this, i had no idea who etan thomas was???

lol

ttam68
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
He should think about joining with the players union if he hasn't already. The players need a veteran voice that is an outstanding citizen and has never been a problem for Stern.

I'm pretty sure they're all in the players union. Thats kind of how it works.

And, last I heard DFish is president, which isn't a bad thing.

http://www.nbpa.org/leadership

Turns out Etan is a VP actually.

Klivlend
10-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Etan for Comish!

ElMarroAfamado
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
i like him.

Chacarron
10-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Eeewww. Have you seen those ladies?

Hellcrooner
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I wonder why the smarter players are not that good in the court.

arkanian215
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure they're all in the players union. Thats kind of how it works.

And, last I heard DFish is president, which isn't a bad thing.

http://www.nbpa.org/leadership

Turns out Etan is a VP actually.

Wow there's a lot of VP's. I always thought Dooling was the VP but it turns out there's 6 lol.

MrfadeawayJB
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: