PDA

View Full Version : The Magic have to be the most overlooked team in the NBA

D Roses Bulls
10-29-2010, 04:08 AM
You keep seeing on almost every website and sports channel when you talk about the best team in the NBA you only hear mostly the Heat, Lakers, and Boston, but no one really ever talks about the Magic and it really makes me wonder, why? well heres 4 reasons why I think you shouldn't over look them anymore.

First of all, the Magic have the most dominate big man in the game and he has been working with hakeem all summer. now, e all hear how he has done this and how he has done that in the summer before, but if you watched tonights game it looks as if he has incorporated some of hakeems moves into his. Now I know its only one game, but if he did get those moves down from hakeem, he will be pretty much unstoppable because in NBA history you have never had a center with his athleticism being able to do what he does with those type of moves.

Second, Vince Carter..... this time last year he wasn't vince carter. he was aweful in the preseason and he wasn't good in his first game, nor pretty good for a while. If tonight was any indication then the East will have to worry a lot about him. Before, he settled for a lot of jumpers which a lot of guys usually end up doing when they get older, but tonight he mostly took it to the rim and hit as well which isn't what vince has been about for the last 3-4 years pretty much. I think in a contract year he knows he might get one final chance to make some big money again and you have to take that into consideration of how he will play this season. cause history shows, players play the best in their contract year.

The third reason is because this team has had more time to gel. last year, they had to work in a new starting shooting guard, and 5 other role players and the fact nelson was coming off a major injury. they have had time to play together and I think losing to boston last year the way they did kind of pissed them off along with the heat putting that team together and the magic feeling like second class citizens in their own home state which they have been the team the last 4 years. expect them to play more together and focused then they did last year.

the fourth reason which could turn into the most important reason is all the trade assets they have. the magic do have a lot of good players on the team and besides lewis, everyone of the magics players are almost up or are fairly descent at length or salary wise. Even Marc Stein brought that up to watch the Magic at the trading deadline. they could pull off a carmelo or Cp3 deal by then with all the guys they have and say Vince Carters deal is up after this year. That could be a big factor and put them over the top if they make a big move like that at the trading deadline.

I know it was only the wizards tonight, but you saw how impressive they looked and I think with so many people over looking them they ll thrive off of that, unlike last season when they were picked to go back to the finals. The Magic IMO are a top 3 team and if they pull off a big trade, could be the clear cut favorites. I'm just saying you should over look them, but enough of what I think, hat do you guys think?

GoatMilk
10-29-2010, 04:14 AM
as of now, still a front running regular season team

they are going to steam roll through the regular season. the bad-mediocre teams are all getting blown out
im not saying they will catch the bulls record, but i do think they will have the best record in the league

bklynny67
10-29-2010, 04:28 AM
why do u think they are being overlooked? when people talk about the top teams in the East, its always a conversation about BOS, MIA, and ORL. they will be a top 3 team again.
07-08 3rd seed
08-09 2nd seed
09-10 3rd seed
10-11 probably top 3 again.

i dont see how thats being overlooked since they have been projected as top 3 in the East the last 3 or 4 years and thats where they keep finishing.

abe_froman
10-29-2010, 04:32 AM
why do u think they are being overlooked? when people talk about the top teams in the East, its always a conversation about BOS, MIA, and ORL. they will be a top 3 team again. i dont see how thats being overlooked since they are projected as top 3 in the East and thats where they will be again.

because no has mentioned them as possible title contenders

bklynny67
10-29-2010, 04:35 AM
because no has mentioned them as possible title contenders

because they keep choking come playoff time and BOS, LAL, and MIA are projected to be better, possibly even SAS and DAL.

abe_froman
10-29-2010, 04:47 AM
because they keep choking come playoff time and BOS, LAL, and MIA are projected to be better, possibly even SAS and DAL.

choking how? the past 2 years they went to the finals and fell to the lakers,last year the efc's and lost to celtics.thats twice in a row of being in contender stage.(conf finals,yeah getting there its safe to call a team that)

so its not losing in early rounds nor are they losing to worse teams,so how can the choke label apply?

D Roses Bulls
10-29-2010, 04:59 AM
why do u think they are being overlooked? when people talk about the top teams in the East, its always a conversation about BOS, MIA, and ORL. they will be a top 3 team again.
07-08 3rd seed
08-09 2nd seed
09-10 3rd seed
10-11 probably top 3 again.

i dont see how thats being overlooked since they have been projected as top 3 in the East the last 3 or 4 years and thats where they keep finishing.

what happen in 08-09? finals...... last year like i said in my post, they hadnt gelled....... 4-5 new players and you know dwight and vince will play better. they are being overlooked because no one mentions them. look at any prediction this year. orlando had 2 votes on espn, i believe 1 vote on nba.com, and ect. its always boston or miami in the east, never orlando

D Roses Bulls
10-29-2010, 05:01 AM

chocking? they did choke last year to a team who took the defending champions to 7 games. how is that chocking? maybe cause you think the magic could of beat the celtics?

bklynny67
10-29-2010, 05:10 AM
alright alright... forgot for a sec it was ORL that went to the finals... so yea maybe they are a little overlooked.

GspLAL
10-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Live by the 3 die by the 3

marlinsfan24
10-29-2010, 06:21 AM

This is exactly the reason I cannot see the Magic winning the Finals with this roster. If they add CP3 or Melo, that may change my opinion. I love the Magic roster and they are an exciting team. They are a top 3 team in the East for sure. They can also make the Finals, but when it comes down to it. I see them struggling against the Lakers and Celtics. (I reserve my opinion on the Heat as everyone says the Magic win the matchup, but they haven't even played yet.)

Fmaranesi
10-29-2010, 07:50 AM
No one is overlooking the magic, everyone knows they have a 55-60 win team. Problem is they don't have a tough enough; better yet... They aren't good enough to beat the lakers or celtics in a 7 game series. Really good team don't get me wrong, just not good enough.

dnewguy
10-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Magic? give me a break...ever seen a team win a championship with 85 percent of their shots is 3 pointers. Talk about a joke of a team, they will look good in the reg season but once the pace slows down in the play-offs they will only beat the bad teams.

footballer2369
10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Too many holes defensively and a style that isn't conducive to winning championship basketball.

Ace33Bone
10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't really say that they have been overlooked. I think that everyone has put them as one of the top 3 teams in the east for the past 3-4 years. I think that they are playing the best basketball out of anyone in the league right now and that manslaughter that they put on the Wizards last night was impressive. That could have easily turned into a 50 point game. They will face their first real test tonight and if they man handle Miami, Boston and LA then I will be thoroughly impressed

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Didnt we hear this all season last year?

The Magic are a great team. Dwight is the best center in the league, the best rebounder, the best interior defender, and one of the most efficient (although limited) offensive players. And with Nelson, Lewis and Carter leading the scoring and ball handling, and some talented role-players, this squad is set to do as well as they did last year. That said, last year they only made it the conference finals, which is VERY impressive (only four teams got that far), but yes, they lost a hussel player in in Matt Barnes and the Lakers picked him (and a couple other guys) up and look better than they did last year. The Celtics picked up some talent as well and kept their roster in tack, and the Heat added three all-stars and a bunch of ring chasers. So yeah... the Heat, Boston and Miami are going to be talked about a lot. But the Magic have an experieced core who have been playing together for years and one of the best coaches in the league. Not talked about as much as LA, Miami and Boston, of course not, they didnt make any big splashes in the off-season, but underrated? I think most people realize that this team has the talent, chemistry and experience needed to contend.

People are just talking about Miami, LA and Boston because of their off-season aquisitions, and all jsutifiably since LA and Boston have one every title over the last three years, and all but one of the conference titles, and Miami added the best basketball player on the planey to their roster.

mikantsass
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM
1. Their PF doesnt play in the paint
2. Their superstar Center has no offensive game
3. Their SG is a player who relies on athleticism as a huge part of his game. Thing is, he doesnt have a whole lot of athleticism left
4. Their PG is extremely undersized
5. Their strategy is to launch 3's when people double Dwight.
6. Their coach is a moron
7. Their SF is an absolute bum

Now Im not saying they arent a good team because they are. But these are the reasons why they are not a championship contender

MagicBucsSox
10-29-2010, 10:22 AM
the magic just need a perimeter player. its nice vince is looking aggressive early so hopefully theyll trade him and his contract. him and nelson plus throw in's could be in the player they need.
anyone saying they "choked" doesnt kno crap about bball. sometime you just meet a bad matchup.the only two teams to beat them had multiple 7fters in boston n LA.

luckily dwight this early season is showing signs of expanding his game

srfr4life
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
To say they're a joke is just ridiculous.

I think they obviously rank in the top 4. Which spot is debatable. I think the 3 teams in the East will give each other trouble depending on which night it is. I think Miami's dilemma is their chemistry (only for now). Boston's age maybe, but thier experience is too damn good. Orlando is coming together at the right time. Maybe they've learned what it takes from the failures of the last too years.

Anyone who says Orlando is a joke is a complete idiot!

I think they will end up with the best record in the league. They've got Miami right next door to remind them night in and night out that they need to grab that first seed. Plus, Dwight opitimizes the Magic's sentiment that they don't like getting the attention Miami does, which = motivation. But hey, that's band wagon fans for ya. They'll watch Miami games now, buy their jersey's and purchase more tickets. It's just the way it works.

serrano275
10-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I like how Miami and Boston are the only fans making jokes when it comes to why we are over looked. The only two teams that may have more depth the Orlando is Boston and LA.

Are talent is amazing, but not a lot of big names.

D12 had a better defensive game then offense. But he does have offensive game, Other wise he wouldn't average 23 PPG. So that was dumb to say.

We have 3 players who play a SG. So they might not be the best but they bring 3 diffrent styles. Don't tell JJ isn't good other wise he wouldn't of been offere a 3 yr 19 million dollar deal by the Bulls who are part of the four teams who will dominate the east.
Q. Richardson plays SF/SG and is a blend of Vince and JJ, who both would start for well more then half the other squads out there.

How is our PG under sized? He's bigger then arguably the best PG in the game right niw in CP3. You're a Boston fan, Nelson 6 feet 190= Rondo 6'1 171? I'll take 20 pounds of mucle over an extra inch any day. I'll take CP3 and Rondo over Nelson any day. But to say he is undersized for a PG showes what knowledge of players you Don't have.

Our strategy is to be a great scoring team. The reason we are so succseful in the 3's is because every one puts their C and PF on D12. So times 3 people. Leaving the outsides WIDE open. That's a weekness we exploit. By the way. If D12 had no offense, then why is he putting up 23 ppg when teams are throwing every one over 6'9 on him when he is on the court?

The coach took Orlando futher then Doc Rivers....(Boston coach by the way)......Could ever take us? That's why he got fired hear. How you like dem apples.

Lewis/Pietrus/Q do not = bums. How can you say that? makes no sence. Hopefully we put Lewis back at his TRUE position at SF where being 6'10 will take the advantage it had in Seattle. The way Anderson and Bas plays, shows we can do that. Pietrus is one of our best defenders. If you said he had no offense, then I could agree. Q is a great of the bench player.

I didn't even mention Duhon, J-Will - Gortat (who would be starting for at least 15 other teams right now) Who come off the bench.

I don't know that much about the NBA, but I know enough not to make random statements that lack integrity. Miami doesn't scare me, this year. I think there chemistry will mesh once reality hits that you still need to work you but off for wins, and they get a year together. Boston only scares me once the play offs hit, Because they are the smartest Basketball team right now IMO. Chicago is really young right now, and I think they will break out in about a season or two. Any team Durant has scares me. Ofcourse the Lakers are still the best team in the NBA right now. But I feel better this year then last year about winning the championship.

Yes we are under the radar because we have one big name player. Where as Boston has 4, LA has a thousand, and Miami has the new Big 3. But I'll take it. No doubt we'll make it to the Eastern final again. But that's when the next step has too happen.

ManRam
10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
3. Their SG is a player who relies on athleticism as a huge part of his game. Thing is, he doesnt have a whole lot of athleticism left

Now Im not saying they arent a good team because they are. But these are the reasons why they are not a championship contender

I feel blessed to be in the presence of your intelligence.

1. Shard doesn't play in the paint much, but that's not necessarily a disadvantage. He is a slasher, and when he's aggressive, we're such a dynamic team. His defense is very solid too. It helps the floor spacing. It allows Dwight to establish good position, which he needs, and it allows our slashers to slash. Frankly, we wouldn't be effective with another big body clogging the paint. Hence why Gortat never plays PF with Dwight out there.
2. That's a gross generalization and you know it. He's gotten much better. Three years ago he might have had very little offensive game to speak of, but he does have moves now. Hell, he was fouled like 11 times last night. He's a force. He might not have touch, but he's a force who draws fouls, forces teams to slouch off the shooters and shoots 60+ percent.
3. I wouldn't say he relies only on athleticism. He can still shoot it very well. His problem last year was his aggressiveness, or lack of it. When he attacked, he was incredibly effective. Problem is, he was hesitant. He got in great shape, and looked amazing last night. He's just got to remember to be aggressive.
4. Okay, but he isn't a defensive liability and he is an offensive force. Undersized is an irrelevant thing. He's stronger than 90% of the PGs in the league, and faster than most of them two. He's one of the 5-6 players who realistically can get 50/40/80 in a season. He's been working on his passing...and his A/TO ratio was 5/1 in the pre-season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make all-star game #2. He's our second best player.
5. Again, oversimplifying thing. Our strategy is to penetrate or kick it into Dwight, and then kick it out if needed. Our ball movement last night was flawless. We aren't a three point shooting team: we are far more dynamic. We just happen to be exceptionally good at making threes. But in no way is "shooting threes" our offensive strategy. It's just our offense creates a TON of open looks...between Dwight attracting attention and our penetration.
6, I literally just laughed out loud. SVG is one of the 3-4 best defensive coaches in the league, and I think one of the 5 best overall coaches. You'll see him make a lot of people's top lists. He is a great coach. In no way a moron. I know the majority of the people agree with me here.
7. Again, that's just not true. Our SF is either going to be Q or Shard. Q is a great defender, who can get on the glass and hit the threes. That's all we need from that position. You don't need a star at every position. Not to mention our amazing depth at the wing. Shard, Q, Pietrus, Carter, Anderson, Redick...that's an amazing amount of depth.

I don't know why I responded. I know you know you were just making gross exaggerations...and over simplifying things.

This team will succeed if Shard and Carter keep attacking and keeping defenses honest, and if Dwight continues to establish low position. He may not have Hakeem moves, but when he gets the ball in good position, as he did last night, he's unstoppable. He really is. Problem is, he was obsessed with getting the ball at the post last year. He's worked on that. Expect big things.

And Serrano, NO WAY does LA have more depth than us. Not even close. Phil even said his team depth is a bit questionable. Boston probably does, as does a team like Phoenix...but not LA.

srfr4life
10-29-2010, 10:53 AM

1. Shard doesn't play in the paint much, but that's not necessarily a disadvantage. He is a slasher, and when he's aggressive, we're such a dynamic team. His defense is very solid too. It helps the floor spacing. It allows Dwight to establish good position, which he needs, and it allows our slashers to slash. Frankly, we wouldn't be effective with another big body clogging the paint. Hence why Gortat never plays PF with Dwight out there.
2. That's a gross generalization and you know it. He's gotten much better. Three years ago he might have had very little offensive game to speak of, but he does have moves now. Hell, he was fouled like 11 times last night. He's a force. He might not have touch, but he's a force who draws fouls, forces teams to slouch off the shooters and shoots 60+ percent.
3. I wouldn't say he relies only on athleticism. He can still shoot it very well. His problem last year was his aggressiveness, or lack of it. When he attacked, he was incredibly effective. Problem is, he was hesitant. He got in great shape, and looked amazing last night. He's just got to remember to be aggressive.
4. Okay, but he isn't a defensive liability and he is an offensive force. Undersized is an irrelevant thing. He's stronger than 90% of the PGs in the league, and faster than most of them two. He's one of the 5-6 players who realistically can get 50/40/80 in a season. He's been working on his passing...and his A/TO ratio was 5/1 in the pre-season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make all-star game #2. He's our second best player.
5. Again, oversimplifying thing. Our strategy is to penetrate or kick it into Dwight, and then kick it out if needed. Our ball movement last night was flawless. We aren't a three point shooting team: we are far more dynamic. We just happen to be exceptionally good at making threes. But in no way is "shooting threes" our offensive strategy. It's just our offense creates a TON of open looks...between Dwight attracting attention and our penetration.
6, I literally just laughed out loud. SVG is one of the 3-4 best defensive coaches in the league, and I think one of the 5 best overall coaches. You'll see him make a lot of people's top lists. He is a great coach. In no way a moron. I know the majority of the people agree with me here.
7. Again, that's just not true. Our SF is either going to be Q or Shard. Q is a great defender, who can get on the glass and hit the threes. That's all we need from that position. You don't need a star at every position. Not to mention our amazing depth at the wing. Shard, Q, Pietrus, Carter, Anderson, Redick...that's an amazing amount of depth.

I don't know why I responded. I know you know you were just making gross exaggerations...and over simplifying things.

This team will succeed if Shard and Carter keep attacking and keeping defenses honest, and if Dwight continues to establish low position. He may not have Hakeem moves, but when he gets the ball in good position, as he did last night, he's unstoppable. He really is. Problem is, he was obsessed with getting the ball at the post last year. He's worked on that. Expect big things.

And Serrano, NO WAY does LA have more depth than us. Not even close. Phil even said his team depth is a bit questionable. Boston probably does, as does a team like Phoenix...but not LA.

LOL! ... I knew I didn't have to quote this babbling ******. Someone else was already going to do it.

Double_R
10-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Very well stated to another ignorant person just spewing stupidity... The Magic have the deepest team in the NBA.

To all the ignorant people stating live by the 3 die by the 3; that is probably the dumbest thing I've read on PSD... The Magic have had one of the best defensive teams over the last few years. Hell for that matter, they are one of the top teams in just about every category offensively and defensively.

IrespectNumber3
10-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Orlando is a great team, there not overlooked everybody has them top 3 in the NBA.
With that said, people don't talk much about them because Boston abused them in the playoffs remember that?

Rashard Lewis and Carter are both a year older now, all eyes are on Dwight Howard.

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:08 AM

But, they won't do it. The last time Rashard kept attacking was his last year in SEA, and he has gotten worse in each of the last 3 years with the Magic. That statement is like us Laker fans saying the Odom is going to be an All Star this year, by now we know it isn't going to happen.

And Phil said this Laker team is one of the deepest teams he has coached, Phil never said what you stated he said, but I guess it helped you make your stance look better. Lakers have more depth than the Magic. The Lakers bench includes odom (when Bynum is back in a month), Barnes (who started for the Magic), Blake (is better than any backup PG on the Magic), Brown (who has gotten better and is as good or better than Pietrus), Ratliff (still a good defender), and Sasha. The Lakers have 2 rookies in Ebanks and Caracter who won't play this year because Phil doesn't play rookies, but Im pretty sure Ebanks would be a rotation player for the Magic.

footballer2369
10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
IMO their cast will not be enough if dwight is limited or in foul trouble...

Double_R
10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Well they are overlooked because the point differentials in the preseason continued last night... the Magic are plus 25 though 7 pre season games which is crazy because in one game they didn't play one starter... and the next best is Utah at +8... that is just another testament to how deep the Magic are.

And Q Rich is an upgrade over Barnes for the Magic, he gives them a post game, a more consistent 3 shot, and way better offensive decision making, not to mention he's a pretty good defender too. The Magic were a top defensive team last year and even before Barnes...

Let's look at the Magic before Matt Barnes:
Oh that's right they were #1 in Defensive Rating
Oh that's right they were #1 in Opponent Effective FG%
#4 in Opponent ft per fg attempt
#2 in opp 3pt %
#3 in opp fg%
#3 in opp ft%

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2009.html

They did get beat by the Celtics, but that is because they came out flat the 1st few, but getting abused isn't losing in 6 games.

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:25 AM
The only reason they went to the Finals 2 years ago was because KG was hurt. Boston still took the to 7 games. KG came back last year and they beat the Magic in 6. Lewis doesn't match up against real PF's like KG, Bosh, and Gasol.

Double_R
10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
But, they won't do it. The last time Rashard kept attacking was his last year in SEA, and he has gotten worse in each of the last 3 years with the Magic. That statement is like us Laker fans saying the Odom is going to be an All Star this year, by now we know it isn't going to happen.

And Phil said this Laker team is one of the deepest teams he has coached, Phil never said what you stated he said, but I guess it helped you make your stance look better. Lakers have more depth than the Magic. The Lakers bench includes odom (when Bynum is back in a month), Barnes (who started for the Magic), Blake (is better than any backup PG on the Magic), Brown (who has gotten better and is as good or better than Pietrus), Ratliff (still a good defender), and Sasha. The Lakers have 2 rookies in Ebanks and Caracter who won't play this year because Phil doesn't play rookies, but Im pretty sure Ebanks would be a rotation player for the Magic.

HAhahahahhaahaa, that is hilarious... Most of my friends that are Lakers fans know that the Magic have a deeper bench, you are just delirious. They have the best backup center in the NBA, Gortat, Bass, Jayson Williams, Chris Duhon, J.J. Reddick, Ryan Anderson, Pietrus... You are very misinformed if you think that you have a deeper bench... Odom is great but he is only one guy and Steve Blake is a nobody, so don't get your hopes up and I'm not sure that he's better than Duhon or Jwill. Not to mention that Barnes only played 25 minutes a game for us and wasn't very effective unless he was guarding Kobe... Check the playoffs, Barnes was basically the worst player on the court most of the time=ill advised passes, terrible shots, and mediocre defense, just ask Paul Pierce, Rondo, and Ray Allen. If any team has a bench that is near the Magic's it is the Celtics, not the Lakers... I am actually surprised that you would even throw that out there.

serrano275
10-29-2010, 11:33 AM

I am not going to argue about who has better depth between the Lakers, Magic, and Celtics. But I promise you Ebanks would not get PT on our roster. He might not even make our team. I think LA has more depth then Boston. I think Boston has more big guys then any one. So there game plan is to hack away at Bosh and Howard come play offs.

LanceUpperCut
10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Magic will hammer the heat tonite.

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
HAhahahahhaahaa, that is hilarious... Most of my friends that are Lakers fans know that the Magic have a deeper bench, you are just delirious. They have the best backup center in the NBA, Gortat, Bass, Jayson Williams, Chris Duhon, J.J. Reddick, Ryan Anderson, Pietrus... You are very misinformed if you think that you have a deeper bench... Odom is great but he is only one guy and Steve Blake is a nobody, so don't get your hopes up and I'm not sure that he's better than Duhon or Jwill. Not to mention that Barnes only played 25 minutes a game for us and wasn't very effective unless he was guarding Kobe... Check the playoffs, Barnes was basically the worst player on the court most of the time=ill advised passes, terrible shots, and mediocre defense, just ask Paul Pierce, Rondo, and Ray Allen. If any team has a bench that is near the Magic's it is the Celtics, not the Lakers... I am actually surprised that you would even throw that out there.

Odom is better than any player on the Magic bench. Blake is better than any PG on the magic bench, barnes started for the Magic, and Brown is as good or better than Pietrus. ebanks would be in the Magic SF rotation. It really doesn't matter, Starters win you championships and the Magic starting 5 isn't as good as the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat.

serrano275
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
The only reason they went to the Finals 2 years ago was because KG was hurt. Boston still took the to 7 games. KG came back last year and they beat the Magic in 6. Lewis doesn't match up against real PF's like KG, Bosh, and Gasol.

That's cause people forget LEWIS IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE A POWARD FORWARD. He is a top rated SF. But the Magic had no PF to play for the last few years. Which is Why anderson and Bass will get more playing time allowing Lewis to go back to playing the position he had in Seattle.

ragee
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM

If you think the Magic choked, what about Cleveland who was always ahead of them whenever people talk about title contention... I am fine with people overlooking the Magic though... It takes pressure off of them...

Double_R
10-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Odom is better than any player on the Magic bench. Blake is better than any PG on the magic bench, barnes started for the Magic, and Brown is as good or better than Pietrus. ebanks would be in the Magic SF rotation. It really doesn't matter, Starters win you championships and the Magic starting 5 isn't as good as the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat.

Pietrus is way better than Brown, not even close... have you ever seen Pietrus play??? Barnes started and played 25 minutes because he couldn't come off the bench because he provided no offensive spark, that is why Pietrus comes off the bench; that is why Odom comes off the bench, that is why Ginob comes off the bench; you obviously know nothing about the Magic, nor how basketball rotations work, so I'm am over talking to you... Just a bunch of delusional statements... Stick to Lakers forums, where you won't be embarrassed for stupid statements.

We will see about the Magic's starters not being as good??? that is why they have had one of the best defenses and offenses in the NBA for the last 3 years... and they are definitely better than the heat, it takes 5 to win, not 3... The Lakers have very mediocre pg play, Artest was absolutely terrible the majority of the season and if Perkins played, you wouldn't even being talking right now The Celtics starters are better than the Lakers, they are just old and wear down, but still better. Oh yea shouldn't you be worrying about when Bynum gets hurt again this year.

serrano275
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM

I lust think Orlando, LA, and Boston have the most depth. I am not going to put it in anyorder. But seeing what each team has to offer talent wise. These are the only teams that have 9+ players who could start at over half the other teams in the league. But I think they all are pretty close. I hate saying that cause I hate the Lakers and the Celtics. But just looking at what each team has to offer.

justinnum1
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM

:facepalm:

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Pietrus is way better than Brown, not even close... have you ever seen Pietrus play??? Barnes started and played 25 minutes because he couldn't come off the bench because he provided no offensive spark, that is why Pietrus comes off the bench; that is why Odom comes off the bench, that is why Ginob comes off the bench; you obviously know nothing about the Magic, nor how basketball rotations work, so I'm am over talking to you... Just a bunch of delusionals statement... Stick to Lakers forums, where you won't be embarrassed for stupid statements.

If you look at the numbers, Pietrus and Brown are about the same. The Magic start Q Rich and he isn't very good at all. The magic are not overlooked, because the only way they win the title this year is if each of LA, MIA, and Boston have injury issues.

macc
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Too many holes defensively and a style that isn't conducive to winning championship basketball.

To many holes on defense? They play great team defense and are normally #1 in the league in defense. What are you talking about?

mikealike305
10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
who is overlooking them? if u think the magic are being overlooked then u are overating them. ppl dont put them in the same talk as Boston, Miami, and L.A cuz these team are all better than orlando.

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
To many holes on defense? They play great team defense and are normally #1 in the league in defense. What are you talking about?

That is because of Howard. They are flawed on D because Rashard can't guard the PF's on the other contenders. He can't guard Pau, KG, or Bosh. He gets by in the regular season and when he meets up with one of the elite PF's come playoff time he gets exposed and his offensive game goes out the window when this happens. It happened last year when he couldn't guard KG, and the year before when he couldn't guard Pau or Odom. He was getting abused by those guys and he couldn't score on them.

serrano275
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
who is overlooking them? if u think the magic are being overlooked then u are overating them. ppl dont put them in the same talk as Boston, Miami, and L.A cuz these team are all better than orlando.

Miami is the greatest paper champs EVER. They ARE underrated. Any one who thinks they are over rated is talkin out the wrong end of there mouth. I can accept people saying that Boston and LA are better, because we need to prove that we are better, which I know we can do. But for people who think any other team is better the us is playing too much NBA 2k11. But I guess we'll see tonight right.

Double_R
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM

I know you are new to being a basketball fan, but the Heat haven't done anything and the Magic did make it to the Finals with no Jameer and the next year lost to the Celts in 6, who should have won the finals if Perk played.

I'm out, let's talk at the end of the year... The Lakers are the best right now bec they are the Champs, then the Celts, then the Magic...until that changes, see you in the playoffs

Gibby23
10-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Pietrus is way better than Brown, not even close... have you ever seen Pietrus play??? Barnes started and played 25 minutes because he couldn't come off the bench because he provided no offensive spark, that is why Pietrus comes off the bench; that is why Odom comes off the bench, that is why Ginob comes off the bench; you obviously know nothing about the Magic, nor how basketball rotations work, so I'm am over talking to you... Just a bunch of delusional statements... Stick to Lakers forums, where you won't be embarrassed for stupid statements.

We will see about the Magic's starters not being as good??? that is why they have had one of the best defenses and offenses in the NBA for the last 3 years... and they are definitely better than the heat, it takes 5 to win, not 3... The Lakers have very mediocre pg play, Artest was absolutely terrible the majority of the season and if Perkins played, you wouldn't even being talking right now The Celtics starters are better than the Lakers, they are just old and wear down, but still better. Oh yea shouldn't you be worrying about when Bynum gets hurt again this year.

lol, you want the Celtics to beat the Lakers because the Magic can't. Bynum was hurt when the lakers played the Magic in the Finals and you know the results.

Double_R
10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
lol, you want the Celtics to beat the Lakers because the Magic can't. Bynum was hurt when the lakers played the Magic in the Finals and you know the results.

Where did you get that from what I said, wow you are really articulate and can really read between the lines...I actually like the Lakers better than the Celts, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that they should have lost that game 7 and yea Bynum was hurt, but so was our starting (ALLSTAR THAT YEAR)pg Jameer, who shouldn't have tried to come back... Did you watch those games, because the Lakers only won 2 of them convincingly, the other were lost in the final seconds or OT, so don't think there is that much of a difference, because the Magic can still win...

P.S. DUDES SHOULDN'T USE LOL, SO I'M HOPING YOU'RE A GIRL

ragee
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM

I don't like making excuses for losses and I do believe the Lakers beat us fair and square... The size advantage we had over the Cavs was nullified because the Lakers are way longer... However, if you are going to say something like Bynum was hurt when the Lakers played us, do note that Jameer Nelson, the guy that torched the Lakers on both games in the regular season of that year was also hurt when he played in the finals...

macc
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
That is because of Howard. They are flawed on D because Rashard can't guard the PF's on the other contenders. He can't guard Pau, KG, or Bosh. He gets by in the regular season and when he meets up with one of the elite PF's come playoff time he gets exposed and his offensive game goes out the window when this happens. It happened last year when he couldn't guard KG, and the year before when he couldn't guard Pau or Odom. He was getting abused by those guys and he couldn't score on them.

Yes I agree its mainly because we have Howard achoring our D, but as a whole we play great team defense, that is something SVG empasizes all year long. Rashard actually does just fine guarding PF's. You brought up KG, did you even look up KG's numbers against us? KG and Shard cancel each other out most of the time when our two teams face each other.

Pau and Bosh are going to get theres against anyone, singling out Shard makes no sense because they are elite PFs. With Dwight backing Shard up we do just fine. Hense the reason we dominated the regular season last year. Had a higher ppg win margin then any team in the NBA. If we would of just played the first 3 games of the Boston series as the last 3, it could of been a different outcome. I'm really not to worried about our team contending.

So it's not like Lewis at the 4 killed us because it got us to the finals one year and the ECF the following year. So I wouldn't call it a total bust. With Bass and Gortat getting more time at the 4 then we won't have a problem matching up with LA or Boston. We have the size for it, now the key is using it.

macc
10-29-2010, 12:13 PM

When isn't Bynum hurt. He just can't sustain an NBA season, I don't see that ever changing. Also you played a Nelson who was coming back from injury and was just a shell of himself. Strange how noone ever mentions that.

Avenged
10-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Their success highly relies on Dwight. It's no secret he needs more development offensively, if he can get that down, there's no reason why the Magic shouldn't be one of the favorites to win it all. They have a great team offensively and defensively.. I just feel they're missing 1 player in which you can call the "go to guy", sort of how Hedo was the man for them a couple of seasons ago.

ManRam
10-29-2010, 12:20 PM

Fair enough. But Lewis was playing a completely different role in Seattle. In Orlando, he is a PF, and at times he does play like a true PF. He doesn't get the ball as much on the perimeter and he certainly doesn't get as many set plays called for him to attack. He's shown flashes. He'll have great game, and he'll have games where he's in hiding. I just want consistency from him, and he has shown he can do that in Orlando. He just isn't being relied on as much as he was his first year here. We have more weapons.

All I want in terms of improvement is for him to just not camp out on the perimeter all game. He is too stagnant. I do think that is a realistic expectation because he does frequently have games where he is active and running around and slashing. And SVG is going to give him some minutes at the 3 this year...where he definitely can shine a lot more offensively.

And Phil definitely said that. The statement was actually in regards to Bynum being out, which I didn't realize, but he definitely did say that. http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/27609744370

I like our bench a lot. All the players fill their role perfectly.

Gortat, Redick, Duhon, Williams, Pietrus, Bass, Anderson are all perfect system players, and Redick and Gortat could start on a ton of teams. Odom, Barnes, Blake, Brown, Ratliff and Sasha are good players...but for the Magic, I'd definitely take our bench in a heartbeat...especially up front. Without Bynum healthy, the Laker front court depth is atrocious. I think that's what Phil was getting at, and I totally agree. Our depth is more balanced. We have a great center, two great back up PGs, we have shooters, we have bruisers, we have a ton of defense...it's just so flexible. We have capable back ups at all 5 positions.

And Ratliff is a bum. A good defender, sure, but no longer absolutely elite and it certainly doesn't make up for his absolute lack of an offensive game; perhaps the most insignificant offensive player in the league. And who's the back up PF for the Lakers now?

ragee
10-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Their success highly relies on Dwight. It's no secret he needs more development offensively, if he can get that down, there's no reason why the Magic shouldn't be one of the favorites to win it all. They have a great team offensively and defensively.. I just feel they're missing 1 player in which you can call him the "go to guy", sort of how Hedo was the man for them a couple of seasons ago.

I agree with you up to the highlighted part... Hedo was the one that created mismatch problems for other teams but not really the to guy... I think Lewis even before was our go to guy... The only problem is, he is as inconsistent as Hedo...

ManRam
10-29-2010, 12:23 PM
When isn't Bynum hurt. He just can't sustain an NBA season, I don't see that ever changing. Also you played a Nelson who was coming back from injury and was just a shell of himself. Strange how noone ever mentions that.

Nelson was an all-star that year...Bynum wasn't. It was a huge deal, and is always overlooked. We had RAFER ALSTON, a horrifically bad PG. Also, a few layups here and there (cough cough Courtney cough cough), and it's going to seven games. Also, age is not an issue for the Magic, in fact, every player on that team besides Rashard and progressed as a player. The same can't be said about LA. I thought the Lakers were the favorites that year verse us- I honestly did...but this year, I really would like our chances infinitely more. Everyone has grown, everyone has matured, and everyone is more hungry.

ragee
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
off the topic: hey manram, what do you think are the chances of us beating the Heat later? I have a bet placed on that game! :D

JordansBulls
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
IF Dwight is a force down low and can demand the ball without getting in foul trouble, I think they can take on anyone.

ManRam
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
I do think Hedo was our go-to guy, but I do think that with Nelson's emergence, Dwight's improvement and Vince we are better off without him. I still remember vividly telling my dad, a hard core Magic fan, that I'd cry if Hedo left. I really thought he was that integral to our team. But how this team is now constructed, we are better off with a Vince than a Hedo.

ragee
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Nelson was an all-star that year...Bynum wasn't. It was a huge deal, and is always overlooked. We had RAFER ALSTON, a horrifically bad PG. Also, a few layups here and there (cough cough Courtney cough cough), and it's going to seven games. Also, age is not an issue for the Magic, in fact, every player on that team besides Rashard and progressed as a player. The same can't be said about LA. I thought the Lakers were the favorites that year verse us- I honestly did...but this year, I really would like our chances infinitely more. Everyone has grown, everyone has matured, and everyone is more hungry.

Hahaha... I kind of miss that guy... He was pretty consistent other than those blown lay-ups...

ManRam
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM
off the topic: hey manram, what do you think are the chances of us beating the Heat later? I have a bet placed on that game! :D

Last nights game my me all sorts of giddy. I'm trying not to overreact to a game or two (and have been yelling at people who have been way overreacting to everything, like Miami losing, Cleveland winning, Boston winning then losing etc)...but we looked damn good last night. Washington is a bad team...but everything I preached last year: ball movement and penetration, was just orgasmic last night.

I like our chances. I am admittedly a believer in Miami and do think they are one of the 1-3 best teams in the league, but I also am aware that they have some growing pains to go through and are not anywhere near the game-ready state we are. We;re like in mid-season form already. So for that, I like our chances a lot...

But then again, it is their home opener, and they do have the best and the fourth best player in the league on their team, so you never know. I'd honestly never place a bet on the game tonight.

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM

this.

and plus I don't get how they're overrated. They're rated exactly where they should be...one of the top threats in the league, but they aren't a championship team.

ragee
10-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Last nights game my me all sorts of giddy. I'm trying not to overreact to a game or two (and have been yelling at people who have been way overreacting to everything, like Miami losing, Cleveland winning, Boston winning then losing etc)...but we looked damn good last night. Washington is a bad team...but everything I preached last year: ball movement and penetration, was just orgasmic last night.

I like our chances. I am admittedly a believer in Miami and do think they are one of the 1-3 best teams in the league, but I also am aware that they have some growing pains to go through and are not anywhere near the game-ready state we are. We;re like in mid-season form already. So for that, I like our chances a lot...

But then again, it is their home opener, and they do have the best and the fourth best player in the league on their team, so you never know. I'd honestly never place a bet on the game tonight.

Boston beating Miami then losing to Cleveland means nothing but it was one funny irony! Hahaha... I didn't want to place any bets on the Heat-Magic game but I placed bets on all of my teams opener except the Magic because I forgot! I kind of feel bad that I neglected the Magic so I placed a bet on this game! :D I don't want them to lose but if it can't be helped, lose by 3 points at most! I got a +3.5! Hahaha

macc
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Live by the 3 die by the 3...please, this argument is 2 yrs outdated. We proved last year that we can score any possible way we need to. Hense the reason we dominated everyone we played but the Celtics in the playoffs.

Just because everyone on our team is capable of making a 3 doesn't mean we live by the 3 anymore. Watch a Magic game. Savy

DenButsu
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
The Magic have to be the most overlooked team in the NBA

It may be the case that after the 17th or so article this week about them being the most overlooked team in the NBA, they no longer are.

mikealike305
10-29-2010, 01:29 PM
I know you are new to being a basketball fan, but the Heat haven't done anything and the Magic did make it to the Finals with no Jameer and the next year lost to the Celts in 6, who should have won the finals if Perk played.

I'm out, let's talk at the end of the year... The Lakers are the best right now bec they are the Champs, then the Celts, then the Magic...until that changes, see you in the playoffs

OK who cares what theyve done? who cares if they made it to the finals? who cares about their play off apperences? THEY DID NOT WIN A RING.... so all of that goes out of the window, and clearly L.A and Boston are better. so anyone saying that they are underrated or w.e is stupid, they are rated exactlly where they should be. a perenial playoff team that cant win it all

ManRam
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
As for the question...no, they aren't. They are universally recognized as a top 2-3 team in the East, some will be bold and say the best, but no one really says they are any worse than 3. They are considered one of the 5 top contenders in the league, as they are. Anything better than 2-3, or top 5, or whatever is overvaluing them, regardless if you think they could beat any team in the playoffs or not.

Also, check the national television schedule. They play on national TV 28 times. The Heat play 29 times. The Lakers play 27 times (all according to my marginal counting skills). They have national attention, they just haven't won yet (LA and Boston have) and they aren't the next young, coming from out of nowhere, hasn't ever one a playoff game but everyone loves team (OKC) and they aren't the Heat. They are what they are. A perennial top 3-4 team.

mikealike305
10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
^sums it up

godolphins
10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
They won't make it farther than the eastern conference final.

macc
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
They won't make it farther than the eastern conference final.

Cool story bro

Chronz
10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Hawks are the most overlooked team, all because of an irrelevant sweep

number1nykfan25
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
they are a deep team but come on they played the wizards.

SouthSideRookie
10-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll take the Magic bench over the Lakers bench.

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Hawks are the most overlooked team, all because of an irrelevant sweep

an? they got swept twice in the last 2 years...and they weren't even respectable sweeps...they were ****in jail rapes. They're overlooked because they aren't that good...They definitely can't beat Miami, Boston, Orlando, and they probably can't beat Milwaukee or Chicago (not sure too early to tell). they're at best a 2nd round entry, then (dare I say it) bound to get swept.

heathonater
10-29-2010, 05:43 PM
i still think orlando is one player away from having a great shot at winning it all. if they were able to get melo or paul then i think they would be a favorite to win it all.

D Roses Bulls
10-29-2010, 05:48 PM
As for the question...no, they aren't. They are universally recognized as a top 2-3 team in the East, some will be bold and say the best, but no one really says they are any worse than 3. They are considered one of the 5 top contenders in the league, as they are. Anything better than 2-3, or top 5, or whatever is overvaluing them, regardless if you think they could beat any team in the playoffs or not.

Also, check the national television schedule. They play on national TV 28 times. The Heat play 29 times. The Lakers play 27 times (all according to my marginal counting skills). They have national attention, they just haven't won yet (LA and Boston have) and they aren't the next young, coming from out of nowhere, hasn't ever one a playoff game but everyone loves team (OKC) and they aren't the Heat. They are what they are. A perennial top 3-4 team.

I know they are usually mentioned as a top 2-3 team in the east, I know they are usually mentioned as a title contender, but when it comes down to it, how many people actually pick them to go to the finals? or give them anything but a punchers chance of actually winning the title? with boston going to the finals last year or miami getting lebron or the lakers winning last year? ive seen 4 people in main stream out of so many. most people see them as the second best team in their state even though they went to the ECF last year. I think the key will be at the trading deadline. I just do not see a lot of people really taking them seriously in main stream or even on here.

Sir Buckets
10-29-2010, 06:01 PM
M-a-g-i-c? That's a funny way to spell Bulls!

koreancabbage
10-29-2010, 06:02 PM
how they overlooked, a lock for one of the top 4 spots in the East is overlooked? playoff contenders are overlooked? they a good team. not overlooked. Though they don't have what it takes to be a championship team- come on, they have Vince Carter =P lol

koreancabbage
10-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I'll take the Magic bench over the Lakers bench.

i'd take the Lakers starting 5 over the Magic starting 5.

John Walls Era
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM
A top 3 team in the East shouldn't be overlooked

SteveNash
10-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Magic are overlooked. They are perhaps the best team at beating up on crappy teams.

Reggie Miller
10-29-2010, 07:28 PM
spurs too are overlooked

D Roses Bulls
10-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Magic are overlooked. They are perhaps the best team at beating up on crappy teams.

steve nash never fails to disappoint

3ballbomber
10-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Orlando about to school Miami tonight.

TO Rapz
10-29-2010, 07:54 PM
To say they're a joke is just ridiculous.

I think they obviously rank in the top 4. Which spot is debatable. I think the 3 teams in the East will give each other trouble depending on which night it is. I think Miami's dilemma is their chemistry (only for now). Boston's age maybe, but thier experience is too damn good. Orlando is coming together at the right time. Maybe they've learned what it takes from the failures of the last too years.

Anyone who says Orlando is a joke is a complete idiot!

I think they will end up with the best record in the league. They've got Miami right next door to remind them night in and night out that they need to grab that first seed. Plus, Dwight opitimizes the Magic's sentiment that they don't like getting the attention Miami does, which = motivation. But hey, that's band wagon fans for ya. They'll watch Miami games now, buy their jersey's and purchase more tickets. It's just the way it works.

Very well said my friend. I personally think the Magic will be in the ECF this year atleast. I see them winning it all they re a championship contender you cant hate on them just because of their style of play. They have a swagger to them that makes them who they are and I like it.

bmd1101
10-29-2010, 08:28 PM
No one is overlooking the magic, everyone knows they have a 55-60 win team. Problem is they don't have a tough enough; better yet... They aren't good enough to beat the lakers or celtics in a 7 game series. Really good team don't get me wrong, just not good enough.

Cuz the Magic have never beat the Celtics in a 7 game series? o wait, they did.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
they are easily the most disrespected contender, that much is obvious after being on PSD for the past two plus years.

ElMarroAfamado
10-29-2010, 09:12 PM
spurs too are overlooked

here we go with the Spurs......jesus :facepalm:

and damn its disgraceful to see so many empty seats at Miami....
***** disgraceful but I knew things wouldnt change after seeing years back when they won in the Finals seeing so many empty seats....

Hoopsadvocate
10-29-2010, 10:20 PM
No. There rated just right they are good enough to get to conf finals but that's it. Mathup wise there below 3 teams.

Live by the 3 die by the 3. They have solid role players and 1 superstar but that's not enough with the likes of Miami Boston and LA

SteveNash
10-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Overlooked

Rafer17
10-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Anybody see Dwight's post moves today? If he plays like that all season, they could very likely make it to the finals...

TehSamurai
10-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Isn't every Magic game on national TV? It certainly seemed like it last season.

BirdIsTheWord
10-30-2010, 02:56 AM
They're sure got a beat down against Miami.

Blazers#1Fan
10-30-2010, 03:41 AM
This is exactly the reason I cannot see the Magic winning the Finals with this roster. If they add CP3 or Melo, that may change my opinion. I love the Magic roster and they are an exciting team. They are a top 3 team in the East for sure. They can also make the Finals, but when it comes down to it. I see them struggling against the Lakers and Celtics. (I reserve my opinion on the Heat as everyone says the Magic win the matchup, but they haven't even played yet.)

CP3 OR MELO OR BOTH ON THE MAGIC WOULD BE NASTY I WOULD HAVE THEM OVER MIAMI ANY DAY IMAGINE IF THEY COULD PULL OFF TRADING NELSON AND CARTER 1st in 2011 FOR CP3 AND IF THEY COULD TRADE LEWIS PIETRUS REDICK 1st round pick in 2013 for melo & JR SMITH then sign afew of these FA to add depth ime udoka-Earl Barron - ike diogu - josh boone - Larry Hughes - Rafer Alston - Tinsley - Crittenton - ronald murray - adam morrison

C HOWARD/GORTAT
PF ANDERSON/BASS
SF MELO/ROBINSON
SG Smith/Richardson
PG CP3/Duhon/Williams

Reggie Miller
10-30-2010, 11:01 AM
here we go with the Spurs......jesus :facepalm:

and damn its disgraceful to see so many empty seats at Miami....
***** disgraceful but I knew things wouldnt change after seeing years back when they won in the Finals seeing so many empty seats....

what are you talking about?

And all these people saying these teams aren't overlooked, yes they are. If you look at the Heat more than any other team, than all those teams are being overlooked

MrFastBreak
10-30-2010, 11:45 AM
an? they got swept twice in the last 2 years...and they weren't even respectable sweeps...they were ****in jail rapes. They're overlooked because they aren't that good...They definitely can't beat Miami, Boston, Orlando, and they probably can't beat Milwaukee or Chicago (not sure too early to tell). they're at best a 2nd round entry, then (dare I say it) bound to get swept.

ORL shutting down one of the best offensive teams is a true testament to their defense. It's clear ORL's the superior team. But what's being implied is that it's unfair and unsound to degrade a team over a sweep that as an entirety does not compare to the other 82 games in which the Hawks have been worthy.

el_primo_nano
10-30-2010, 12:04 PM
They need a better coach. Hands down. they have the talent, they just need a better coach. And their gm needs to be smarter. wtf was he thinking giving Rashad Lewis a max?? Come on!! He is the reason Stern wants to cut spending. on stupid contracts like that

h2r09
10-30-2010, 12:06 PM
the magic arent overlooked, just overrated. ive been saying this forever, unless they get a permeter star like a melo or a chris paul, they will never win a title with just howard and shooters.

Bring The Heat
10-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Dwight Howard has been impressive thus far... You can tell that work with Olajawon is paying off... If he can be consistent with his moves offensively and hit that mid range jumper here and there he will be unstoppable...

With that being said the magic don't worry me... Outside of Howard I don't see how this team scares us.. Even last year without bosh and lebron we played them pretty well and beat them once I believe... They need a star SG or PG to play along with the Howard kind of like how Wade and Kobe were to Shaq... then that team will be real scary... But I have to say I like how they play ball though... Nice teamwork but Howard and a bunch of shooters man I don't see how they can win a ring like that..

JRisdabest
10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
they have such a stacked team

ShockerArt
10-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Any team that depends on major contributions from Vince Carter cannot be taken too seriously.

D1JM
10-30-2010, 06:15 PM
funny how heat fans shrugged off the first game against the celtics and brought up a million excuses. Now two games later they beat the magic and state how their defense blah blah and how their center is a defensive specialist aka howard stopper lol

Hawkeye15
10-30-2010, 07:22 PM
funny how heat fans shrugged off the first game against the celtics and brought up a million excuses. Now two games later they beat the magic and state how their defense blah blah and how their center is a defensive specialist aka howard stopper lol

how many times have I mentioned short term memory here? haha
Seriously. The Heat, Celtics, and Magic will stand on top of everyone in the end out east. But we have around 79 more games to figure that out. Creating threads after every game that a team is dominant, or on the brink of meltdown, is pretty repetitive, and quite annoying