PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Observations and Questions

Dnovakovic099
10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I know it has only been two games, but I would like to throw out some observations and Questions in the NBA.

- Blake Griffin is an absolute STUD!

- I hate the new rule that players cannot complain!

- Tim Duncan and the Spurs look reborn.

- Is Roy Hibbert good? (Saw stats but didn't watch any of the game)

- Can Monta Ellis lead the league in scoring?

- Are the Cavs a playoff team.

- IMO!!!- The Heat aren't going to win as many games as Cleveland did last year. I know it is early, but Bosh dosen't seem to have a place in that system, and having two similar players (Wade and LeBron) isn't going to be as smooth as most Heat fans thought it was. IMO it's like putting Deron Williams on the Hornets. Yes, it will make their team better but they already have a guy. I think the Heat would have benefited more with a trio of Howard/Wade/Ray Allen. But then again I could be totally wrong and the Heat could win 65 games and win the title.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2010, 12:19 AM
New rules for technicals are stupid.

Its a exciting game , you are going to be pumped up and yell some frustration man.

If you dont like it go ref some Softball!!!!!!!!!

Raph12
10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Too early for this thread, couldn't you wait like a week?

iggypop123
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
looks like the lakers are under the radar you didnt even bother mentioning them

nuggetsyankees
10-29-2010, 12:40 AM
How about afflalo???early MIP candidate? i think so

_KB24_
10-29-2010, 12:44 AM
New rules for technicals are stupid.

Its a exciting game , you are going to be pumped up and yell some frustration man.

If you dont like it go ref some Softball!!!!!!!!!

Or some Euroball, er- I mean........ ;)

:laugh2: jk buddy.

Dnovakovic099
10-29-2010, 01:05 AM
The reason I didn't mention the Lakers is because IMO they are the best team, and they are playing like it. Nothing surprised be what they have done so far. This thread was more for surprises and revelations. Also, I agree it is way to early Im just pumped for the season! I have never been this excited since the Kings vs. Lakers. I think Celtics vs. Heat is gonna be epic!

tredigs
10-29-2010, 01:21 AM
I know it has only been two games, but I would like to throw out some observations and Questions in the NBA.

- Blake Griffin is an absolute STUD!

- I hate the new rule that players cannot complain!

- Tim Duncan and the Spurs look reborn.

- Is Roy Hibbert good? (Saw stats but didn't watch any of the game)

- Can Monta Ellis lead the league in scoring?

- Are the Cavs a playoff team.

- IMO!!!- The Heat aren't going to win as many games as Cleveland did last year. I know it is early, but Bosh dosen't seem to have a place in that system, and having two similar players (Wade and LeBron) isn't going to be as smooth as most Heat fans thought it was. IMO it's like putting Deron Williams on the Hornets. Yes, it will make their team better but they already have a guy. I think the Heat would have benefited more with a trio of Howard/Wade/Ray Allen. But then again I could be totally wrong and the Heat could win 65 games and win the title.

Raph's right, the thread is a week or two too soon, but here are my early thoughts (exactly the same as they were before game 1).

- Blake Griffin is indeed a stud. He's by far the best rookie of the draft, and very possibly the best/most NBA ready a PF has been coming out of college since Duncan. Anybody that followed him at OKC or watched the preseason will firmly agree with that and would've said so before last night.

- I hate the whining culture of the NBA, but they're taking it too far with these techs. In my opinion they need to allow for the initial "S**!", "WHAT? AGH!" type reaction - but T up anyone that continues to whine at the refs incessantly after that point (if they're just talking/asking about the call, obviously that should be OK).

- Hibbert's production is a combo of more minutes plus getting in MUCH better shape over the off-season. He's good, and is going to put up some nice stats this season. I made sure to swoop him up in my fantasy draft, and am expecting somewhere along the lines of ~20 ppg (50% FG) 9 rpg 3 bpg production wise. He should be seeing around 33-36 mpg and eating up some of Murphy's boards/scoring load -- but yeah, to answer the question I do think he's good.

- Monta couldn't come in top 3 in scoring last year while taking the most shots per game in the NBA, and he won't this year either. He was on fire last night, but with him inevitably coming back to earth, and having two other solid scorers on the team (Curry + Lee), it just won't happen. Not to mention, there's this kid named Kevin...

-No, I'm definitely still far from sold on the Cavs. One win over a team that was coming off a physically/emotionally draining road back-to-back while they're doesn't cut it for me. I think they'll fall far short of the playoffs, but we'll just have to see (file this under: Get back to us in a few weeks).

In other news, I think Noah will average about ~ 15 ppg 14 rpg and 2.5 bpg this season; leading the league in boards. He's a maniac when healthy, and I haven't heard any news of his planter fasc acting up in the preseason.

J4KOP99
10-29-2010, 01:38 AM
One problem I have with the quick technical calls the refs are enforcing is that complaining isn't the only issue.

If they NBA wants to cut down on complaining, then they must also cut down on players celebrating or "taunting" others on the court. If you're going to call one, you have to crack down on the other. It's going to start looking like the NFL but if thats what David Stern wants, he most likely will get it.

There's been just a few games so far and I already have seen ridiculous celebrating or taunting from players.

-OKC vs. Chicago
-Tor. vs. NYK
-Bos vs. MIA

--I don't agree with how harsh the NBA is treating this but if you're going to deal with one, you have to deal with the other.

AI4MVP
10-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Hakim Warrick could be an all star with starter minutes playing on the Suns

Duncan = Donkey
10-29-2010, 02:46 AM
^^^

Not All star. MIP or 6th man of the year possibly

GoatMilk
10-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Carlos Arroyo is the worst player in the NBA.
pretty sad he's starting for the Heat.

love them or hate them, that freaking sucks

Dnovakovic099
10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Noah is a beast but I think his boards will fall when booze gets back. Warrick will not make all star team. Affallo is good n maybe even better when carmelo leaves. Also the jazz have looked bad. N shaq can still get 20 10 if he was able to play 30 mins.

Raoul Duke
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't make any worthwhile assessments until I see at least 20 games.

That being said, this "respect the game" policy or whatever it's called is a complete load of ********. I for one enjoy seeing players exhibit some passion. Also, the calls are as inconsistent as they were prior to the rule.