PDA

View Full Version : Kobes Chances of MVP

kArSoN RyDaH
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
i know most people are already crowning Durant MVP but i just want to know what are Kobes chances of winning MVP? if he averages somewhere between 27-30 ppg and 7 assists 3-5 rebounds and is superb on the defensive side of the ball as always what are the chances he has of winning MVP? or is there no chance?

iggypop123
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
who cares rings are what matters to him

mikealike305
10-28-2010, 04:41 PM
very lillte chance.... but its kobe.... cant ever count him out

Minimal
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
He has big chances of winning MVP award if he will have big PER. Question is will he have big PER? IMO MVP race will be between Durant, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Melo and Kobe.

Playa4life
10-28-2010, 04:43 PM
kOBE BRYANT is an unlimate Competitor and NINJA ASSASIN!! Kobe is playing not 100% going into a Season but Kobe presence only will open up floor for PAU to operate and Kobe will make game allot easier for new players and Bench... After ALL-STAR game Kobe will turn into BLACK MAMA MODE! and IF Laker finish with best record and Kobe Avg 27 p, 5 Ast along with some defense!! KOBE may end up winning MVP award! Don't ever sleep on KOBE, like last year everybody counted him out and Proved everybody wrong with defeating celtics and Winnning Finals MVP..... KOBE got a LEGIT chance to Win MVP...

Minimal
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
kOBE BRYANT is an unlimate Competitor and NINJA ASSASIN!! Kobe is playing not 100% going into a Season but Kobe presence only will open up floor for PAU to operate and Kobe will make game allot easier for new players and Bench... After ALL-STAR game Kobe will turn into BLACK MAMA MODE! and IF Laker finish with best record and Kobe Avg 27 p, 5 Ast along with some defense!! KOBE may end up winning MVP award! Don't ever sleep on KOBE, like last year everybody counted him out and Proved everybody wrong with defeating celtics and Winnning Finals MVP..... KOBE got a LEGIT chance to Win MVP...
This forum is for smart people. What are you doing here?

numba1CHANGsta
10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
He has big chances of winning MVP award if he will have big PER. Question is will he have big PER? IMO MVP race will be between Durant, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Melo and Kobe.

Lebron and Wade will cancel eachother out, Howard will be DPOY, Melo will want to be traded, Durant's team wont have a better record than the Lakers, so all Kobe needs to do is have a solid PER, avg 25-27 points 5 ast 5 rebs, stay healthy all season and finish with the best record in the NBA with at least 60 wins. :D

mikealike305
10-28-2010, 04:53 PM
^cancel each other out? one will have to have better numbers than the other

Minimal
10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Lebron and Wade will cancel eachother out, Howard will be DPOY, Melo will want to be traded, Durant's team wont have a better record than the Lakers, so all Kobe needs to do is have a solid PER, avg 25-27 points 5 ast 5 rebs, stay healthy all season and finish with the best record in the NBA with at least 60 wins. :D
But if talking seriously... What makes him more legit MVP candidate than Pau Gasol then? As I know Pau Gasol PER is the same as Kobe's or even better.

SteveNash
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
who cares rings are what matters to him

Yeah right.

ManRam
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
His odds are obviously very high...but they aren't as high as they have been in years past.

But it's becoming more of a common thought that Pau is as integral, if not more integral to the Laker's success as Kobe is. I don't believe that, yet, but it you hear a bunch of people at least becoming suspicious of it. That will hurt. I think Pau puts forth his most consistent and dominant year yet with LA. I also think Kobe continues to feel the negative effects of 15 years of NBA basketball. His body has taken a beating. It showed last year, and the issue won't just go away.

Although Kobe and LeBron are the two best players, and I think it's by a wide margin, I don't like either of their chances. I think Dwight or Durant get it this year...and I honestly don't think either would deserve it (although, I definitely hope they do).

And whoever says Kobe doesn't care about MVPs, you're kidding yourself. He'll say it, everyone will say it...but no player with the passion to prove they are the best doesn't care about the MVP. He wants rings first and foremost, but he definitely wants MVPs too.

king4day
10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
He has a better shot now that Lebron is teaming with two allstars. I still see Durant getting it.

Kobes a Killer
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
It's a 3 man race between Kobe Durant and Howard, no one on the heat win it cause the GMs hate lebron

ManRam
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
It's a 3 man race between Kobe Durant and Howard, no one on the heat win it cause the GMs hate lebron

GMs don't vote, so I don't get how that matters...

Kobes a Killer
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Lol there's a good quote then I thought someone mentioned how lebron was hated by the GMs so he wouldn't get it, who votes? And no one gets it from the heat period IMO

PrettyBoyJ
10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Some how LeBron Will get votes.. Kobe is always going to be in MVP discussion If he really wants it then he will go after it but at this point I dont really see him going after it..

JordansBulls
10-28-2010, 05:54 PM
MVP's are certainly important. The guys who are usually in the top 5 all time are guys who have multiple titles and at least 3 mvp's.

hotpotato1092
10-28-2010, 05:59 PM
The thing I don't understand is that people say Kobe will be hurt by Pau and LeBron and Wade will hurt each other, but Durant is basically on his own. Anybody who actually watches the Thunder can tell you that Russell Westbrook will soon be a superstar in his own right, if he isn't already. Durant is obviously more important to the team, but the gap isn't as wide as people say. I think Durant wins it, but if the logic is he did the most with the least that is a flawed argument. The only true candidate not to have a legit sidekick is Dwight Howard, but he has a bunch of solid teammates. I'm not ready to crown anyone as my MVP yet, but I promise I won't be saying "Durant because he doesn't have a sidekick".

Storch
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
The thing I don't understand is that people say Kobe will be hurt by Pau and LeBron and Wade will hurt each other, but Durant is basically on his own. Anybody who actually watches the Thunder can tell you that Russell Westbrook will soon be a superstar in his own right, if he isn't already. Durant is obviously more important to the team, but the gap isn't as wide as people say. I think Durant wins it, but if the logic is he did the most with the least that is a flawed argument. The only true candidate not to have a legit sidekick is Dwight Howard, but he has a bunch of solid teammates. I'm not ready to crown anyone as my MVP yet, but I promise I won't be saying "Durant because he doesn't have a sidekick".

Gasol/Wade >>>> Westbrook by miles and miles. Try to understand that.

Dnovakovic099
10-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I am willing to sig bet any Heat fan that neither LeBron nor Wade win MVP. I think there is a 0 percent chance one of them wins!

hotpotato1092
10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Gasol/Wade >>>> Westbrook by miles and miles. Try to understand that.

I agree with that, but that doesn't mean Russell Westbrook isn't a fantastic player. All I'm saying is that the MVP shouldn't be won or lost because of who a player has as teammates, Durant has a fantastic sidekick in Westbrook so don't give him the award because he doesn't have a good team around him.

SA5195
10-28-2010, 07:28 PM
His chances of winning it went up, because of Lebron going to MIA. But it slightly went up. I still think KD wins it.

JRisdabest
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM

:facepalm:

JRisdabest
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
no chance

Klivlend
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM

I've only seen like 4 of this guys posts, all today, and I hate them all so much. Can anything be done to stop him?

marlinsfan24
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I think Durant wins because Wade and Bron will cancel each other out. Then I don't see Kobe putting up spectacular numbers because I don't see Jackson or the Lakers taking the regular season too seriously.

shep33
10-28-2010, 08:06 PM
IMO its going to end up with Durant vs D12. I think Wade or Lebron won't get it just because their team is so talented, Kobe could win it IMO if he really wanted to... but I don't think he cares, the Lakers are playing for championships, and he has to be ready come postseason. Durant is going to get serious looks, while D12 will be right there if his offensive production increases.

Scary if D12 can win MVP and DPOY... last time was Hakeem?

aussie
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Kobe= Slim

KD and CP will win ;)

kArSoN RyDaH
10-28-2010, 10:49 PM
MVP's are certainly important. The guys who are usually in the top 5 all time are guys who have multiple titles and at least 3 mvp's.

i think you and i both know Kobe SHOULD have more than 1 MVP to his name. its a shame he doesnt.

stawka
10-28-2010, 10:53 PM
kobe bryant is an unlimate competitor and ninja assasin!! Kobe is playing not 100% going into a season but kobe presence only will open up floor for pau to operate and kobe will make game allot easier for new players and bench... After all-star game kobe will turn into black mama mode! And if laker finish with best record and kobe avg 27 p, 5 ast along with some defense!! Kobe may end up winning mvp award! Don't ever sleep on kobe, like last year everybody counted him out and proved everybody wrong with defeating celtics and winnning finals mvp..... Kobe got a legit chance to win mvp...

lmao!!!

stawka
10-28-2010, 10:55 PM
i think you and i both know Kobe SHOULD have more than 1 MVP to his name. its a shame he doesnt.

Nash has as many MVP's as Kobe and Shaq combined. That tells you something :confused:

Storch
10-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Nash has as many MVP's as Kobe and Shaq combined. That tells you something :confused:

Well, the MVP award has been given to the player that has taken his team the farthest with the least talent... But it's also because that ONE player has also made everyone around him better and I can agree with that, so Nash should have more MVPs than both of them.

stawka
10-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Well, the MVP award has been given to the player that has taken his team the farthest with the least talent... But it's also because that ONE player has also made everyone around him better and I can agree with that, so Nash should have more MVPs than both of them.

Nash has had A LOT of talent in Phoenix. I agree he made his teammates better, but as a Laker so did Shaq (while having a supreme team), and aside from Kobe's first couple of years without Shaq, he too has made his teammates better

Raph12
10-29-2010, 12:03 AM
I think if KD can win 55+ he wins it, if Dwight wins 60+ he'll win it, KB wins 65+ he'll win it and if LBJ wins 70+ he'll win it...

Ace33Bone
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM
I think Durant is the frontrunner just because he will put up a lot of points and he has the potential to average a lot of rebounds if he makes a constant effort to keep attacking the boards... But I was really impressed with what i saw from Kobe the other night being a distributor... His shot was off but he seemed to make every big pass in the game... He he can continue to share the ball like he did the other night against the Rockets and score like the Kobe of old I see him getting another MVP this season as well as a Championship trophy... oh and btw I am not a Kobe fan at all... but the guy is a great player

Sactown
10-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Kobe= Slim

KD and CP will win ;)

About time someone brings up CP3 since he was so close to winning it before he got injured.. But his team would have to make the playoffs which idk about that.. I hate to see Durant get it because I'll be honest.. I'm not on his bandwagon haha.. I don't think LJ should be counted out so early either..

mikantsass
10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
He is a top 4 candidate if he can make it through the year healthy. So going by that, he has a 25% chance i guess

Avenged
10-29-2010, 10:25 AM

Yeah, probably should just because of how great he is ..

But you're the one who really believes that the MVP should go to the best player on the best team, in which it did the past couple of years.

Statik1
10-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Its going to be Durant or James

Testaverde16
10-29-2010, 10:32 AM
He will be too conservative until the playoffs... the race is between Durant and Paul with Howard having an outside shot.