PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Win First Game Without Lebron James

News24/7
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Despite the fact that this is just the first game of a long season ahead, is this is a sign that the Cavs can still be a playoff team? They did just beat the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season. Is Bryon Scott the real deal coach? And is Hickson their new all star? Your thoughts?

Cavs - 95
Celtics - 87

dnewguy
10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
This is probably the sweetest victory ever for the Cavs.

stawka
10-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Why is there a thread for this?

carnage101
10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
way to ruin my parlay boston.....

Raps18-19 Champ
10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Cavs>Celtics>Heat.

krazylegz
10-27-2010, 09:49 PM
there is a thread because miami is overrated and cleveland is underrated...k??

effen5
Cavs>Celtics>Heat.

Pretty much this.

Raps18-19 Champ
Cavs>Celtics>Heat

justinnum1
10-27-2010, 09:50 PM
of course they can make the playoffs.

29$JerZ
10-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Well from what has happened its clear Boston > Miami since they beat them and since Cleveland beat Boston they are better than Miami.

So Cleveland w/o LeBron > Boston > Miami
Equation works

Rego247
10-27-2010, 09:52 PM
rejoice for all is not lost.

pistonsfanomg
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Your so adorable

LAKERS 24/7
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM

How could there not be a thread for this?

stawka
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
The Cavs won. I mean, the other thread about them winning the first game without LeBron is more meaningful than this one. It's not irony, they just played a better game?

29$JerZ
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Cavs owner was serious, Cavs will win a ring before LeBron does.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Boston aint going to win many back 2 backs, Cavs should still remain a good defensive team so they wont suck but dont count alot of wins like tonight.

_KB24_
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
:laugh2:

This proves their is a God. Your the best.

:laugh2:

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Funny indeed.

Losing by 8 to last years ECF champs when ur team is brand new and clearly showed that in the 1st half is acceptable.

Now losing to a team who has a bunch of role players and predicted to be one of the worst teams in the league this year is another thing...

i dont see the haters anywhere now. i guess they ran back into their hole ready to peek their heads only for the next time we lose.

Kenny
10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
are we seriously making threads on this? celtics are a old team playing after a emotional win at home. Talk about a let down game.

masalex1205
10-27-2010, 10:04 PM

Who are you the thread police? This is the first interesting thread I've seen in a couple weeks

metsfaninSTL
10-27-2010, 10:08 PM
i love that the cavs won. shows that they can win without lebron. against a great team as well

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
stay classy miami

thescore53
Funny indeed.

Losing by 8 to last years ECF champs when ur team is brand new and clearly showed that in the 1st half is acceptable.

Now losing to a team who has a bunch of role players and predicted to be one of the worst teams in the league this year is another thing...

i dont see the haters anywhere now. i guess they ran back into their hole ready to peek their heads only for the next time we lose.

didnt the sixers almost beat u guys ?

HoopsMachine
Boston aint going to win many back 2 backs, Cavs should still remain a good defensive team so they wont suck but dont count alot of wins like tonight.

I wouldn't say back-to-back had a factor in this considering that it's their 2nd game of the season where everyone is still fresh. Also they have a deep bench so it's easy for them to find rest for starters when needed.

I agree with you though, good win for the Cavs, but we usually see towards mid-season where a team is really at once teams lock down on each other defensively in scouting reports.

hawksd911
10-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Im on the Cavs Bandwagon, anyone care to join? haha

Kidd>>>K-Mart
10-27-2010, 10:12 PM
im jumping back on the cleveland bandwagon before everyone else does!

D Roses Bulls

lol the sixers didnt lose by much.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
Im on the Cavs Bandwagon, anyone care to join? haha

hahaha I saw your post after mine

BDoggaF
yea the game was a let down. Guess they havent solved how to close out games yet.. They gotta work on it. Definitely a playoff team but damn.. I didnt think we were gonna have to deal with losing 2nd half leads again

JerseysFinest
i bet boston was just tired after putting all their effort into last night's game. plus the flight over to cleveland, they were just fazed by fatigue, i don't think the cavs can beat a fully rested Celtic team

News24/7
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
i bet boston was just tired after putting all their effort into last night's game. plus the flight over to cleveland, they were just fazed by fatigue, i don't think the cavs can beat a fully rested Celtic team

Is that Sarcasm? I can't tell.

This is the 2nd game for the celtics in the regular season, are you seriously saying that after the 1st game of the regular season, their already tired?

faze38
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Funny indeed.

Nah the heat are still not gonna win the chp get over it! They beat the 76ers whoo congrats ad on top of that the 76ers almost had a 4th qtr come back! The Miami team is full of individuals and today Wade won that game for u guys! Team play wins Championships keep that in mind!

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Nope they didnt lead all game and we at one point had a 26ish pt lead but thanks for asking. :D

SMH!
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Is that Sarcasm? I can't tell.

This is the 2nd game for the celtics in the regular season, are you seriously saying that after the 1st game of the regular season, their already tired?

hahhahahh exactly what i was thinking

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Nope they didnt lead all game and we at one point had a 26ish pt lead but thanks for asking. :D

Actually yeah the Sixers did lead at one point... :facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
i was already on the cavaliers bandwagon before you even fathomed the thought of hopping back on. so HA

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Lebron James had a REALLY GOOD team around him in Cleveland but our "PSD Experts"(we all know who they are :rolleyes:) just gave Lebron all the credit when in reality he had a really good team around him.

IDK if the Heat dont win this year they'll probably say Lebron doesn't have the "help" he needs....matter of fact the only reason the Heat won today was because of Wade...as Wade goes the Heat go pretty much shows whos team it is.

Reyes6
10-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Celtics are older... they also lost to the Nets and Knicks last year to my recollection. They can step up when they need to, but they'll lose games like this. But then come playoffs, they are a team you don't want to meet.

Cbast09
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Not just on PSD, but I've seen people talking crap about the Heat and prematurely claiming Boston as the team to beat in the East after just one game. Karma for Boston fans who run their mouths and there were a lot of them yesterday.

Are you telling me Boston is already tired on just the 2nd game of the season?

HoopsMachine
10-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Lebron James had a REALLY GOOD team around him in Cleveland but our "PSD Experts"(we all know who they are :rolleyes:) just gave Lebron all the credit when in reality he had a really good team around him.

IDK if the Heat dont win this year they'll probably say Lebron doesn't have the "help" he needs....matter of fact the only reason the Heat won today was because of Wade...as Wade goes the Heat go pretty much shows whos team it is.

Majority of the media are overlooking this fact, takes more than 1 person to have great defense, and this will be the reason why they shock a lot of people this season.

mets77
10-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Funny indeed.

you mad?

Cbast09
10-27-2010, 10:28 PM

yah because James Jones didn't have 20 points or anything. The game was not close. Philly just gained a little stream, which made it look close.

Bruno
10-27-2010, 10:31 PM
I think everyone is happy for Cleveland tonight. Hats off.

IrespectNumber3
10-27-2010, 10:32 PM
In the NBA champs are crowned in the first few games? That's just ridiculous.

Boston came off of back to back tonight and played on the road, you don't think that made a difference?

Boston fans were saying all this regular season doesn't matter mess, but when they beat the Heat it does? Now all of a sudden regular season is important again?

All I can say is having the 1 seed is going to matter this year, home court is going to be needed to get through some series.

DCB/LAL
yah because James Jones didn't have 20 points or anything. The game was not close. Philly just gained a little stream, which made it look close.

Wade sat for alot of the first half with foul trouble and Lebron and the Heat struggled....second half Wade comes back takes over the game and the Blow out begins....now I ask you....who's team is it?? Like I said as Wade goes this team goes.

IrespectNumber3
Yea good job Cleveland no hate at all

EaglesJackson10
10-27-2010, 10:34 PM

Because it's great. If you don't like Lebron, which at this point is close to a majority, you love this.

IrespectNumber3
10-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Wade sat for alot of the first half with foul trouble and Lebron and the Heat struggled....second half Wade comes back takes over the game and the Blow out begins....now I ask you....who's team is it?? Like I said as Wade goes this team goes.

Who cares? Whose team is the Celtics? Winning is winning...all that other stuff doesnt matter

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Who cares? Whose team is the Celtics? Winning is winning...all that other stuff doesnt matter

I was replying to his comment...he replied to me. Im simply stating the fact.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Rly now, a REALLY GOOD TEAM? LOL

No it means Wade didnt show up yesterday and cost his team a win.

prodigy
10-27-2010, 10:42 PM
I just got home from the Q. It was crazy!!!! Greatest fans in the world. BTW- Cavs have the best entrance music/video ever!!! I have never heard the place louder then it was today. That includes 2007 finals.

In Gilbert I trust.

Bluerapoileagle
10-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I always thought the Cavs were an underrated team heading into this year. Yeah, they lost Lebron, but this team still has won the most regular season games in the past two years. I mean, Lebron was a big part of their success, but I don't believe you win a ton of games with just one good player and every else really crappy. Obviously, it's only one game, but I've seen some people predict them to finish second last or third last in the East, but I believe they can compete for a playoff spot.

Rego247
10-27-2010, 10:44 PM
I just got home from the Q. It was crazy!!!! Greatest fans in the world. BTW- Cavs have the best entrance music/video ever!!! I have never heard the place louder then it was today. That includes 2007 finals.

In Gilbert I trust.

what was the entrance song?

congrats on the win.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Rly now, a REALLY GOOD TEAM? LOL

No it means Wade didnt show up yesterday and cost his team a win.

Would you prefer me to say a great team? They are a really good TEAM....

Wade cost his team a game? Funny last year all I would read was about how good Lebron was and how he could SINGLE HANDIDLY beat teams...is this not the same Lebron thats playing for the Heat? Is he not as good as he was last year? Maybe he is on the decline? :shrug: Or maybe his team last year was pretty good and better than most give them credit for? :shrug: Just maybe.

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Wade cost his team a game? Funny last year all I would read was about how good Lebron was and how he could SINGLE HANDIDLY beat teams...is this not the same Lebron thats playing for the Heat? Is he not as good as he was last year? Maybe he is on the decline? :shrug: Or maybe his team last year was pretty good and better than most give them credit for? :shrug: Just maybe.

lolo @ u for saying all that based on one game. :shrug: threatened much. Come talk in a couple months when everyone is set in their ways to truly judge a player/ team.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:51 PM
lolo @ u for saying all that based on one game. :shrug: threatened much. Come talk in a couple months when everyone is set in their ways to truly judge a player/ team.

Threatned by what? You have to first make the playoffs not to mention the Finals to be considered a threat... :facepalm:

And with that frontline sorry ill save my sleepless nights for the Celtics.

number1nykfan25
10-27-2010, 10:52 PM
I am just saying i dont think there should be so much hate on lebron and i am happy for the cavs and heats first wins tonight.

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Threatned by what? You have to first make the playoffs not to mention the Finals to be considered a threat... :facepalm:

And with that frontline sorry ill save my sleepless nights for the Celtics.

Ya right eveyrone reading definitly believes that lol because your not spending all this time talking about a team/player that doesnt threaten u right. Instead of the team u supposed fear in boston.

Nice try.

leoncito
10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
way to ruin my parlay boston.....

x2 :facepalm:

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Ya right eveyrone reading definitly believes that lol because your not spending all this time talking about a team/player that doesnt threaten u right. Instead of the team u supposed fear in boston.

Nice try.

This thread was about Lebron James and the Cavs....who do you expect me to talk about in this thread? The Thunder? Whom would be considered a real threat since we would face them in the playoffs? That'd probably be in a different thread that doesn't have to do with Lebron James and the Cavs....

Will you look at that...I just managed to bring up a real threat to the Lakers in a thread that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!! :clap:

"Nice try." :rolleyes:

bal_ravens
10-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I said a few weeks ago that the Cavs will surprise a lot of people, and people like Mo Williams, Jamison and Hickson will play team ball. Wouldn't honestly surprise me one bit if a healthy Cavs team got the 6-8th seed

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 11:02 PM
:D
This thread was about Lebron James and the Cavs....who do you expect me to talk about in this thread? The Thunder? Whom would be considered a real threat since we would face them in the playoffs? That'd probably be in a different thread that doesn't have to do with Lebron James and the Cavs....

Will you look at that...I just managed to bring up a real threat to the Lakers in a thread that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!! :clap:

"Nice try." :rolleyes:

"without Lebron james" if im reading correctly = no lebron james aka not about lebron its a celebration!!

But keep talking about him if u must we dont mind :D

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:07 PM
:D

"without Lebron james" if im reading correctly = no lebron james aka not about lebron its a celebration!!

But keep talking about him if u must we dont mind :D

Yeah and like I said....this Cavs team was a good team better than people give them credit for...instead everyone on here just choose to give Lebron all the credit and choose to use the excuse that he didn't have the "HELP" he needed when in reality he did...but he never delivered.As a matter of fact last years Cavs team was even more stacked than this current Cavs team to be honest, they've lose Delonte,Shaq,Big Z and Lebron...just saying.

Now what were you saying?

ccg34
10-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Great win for the Cavs but I ain't buying the hype. I looked at their roster and it is horrible. They don't have a go 2 guy. They need to trade for a scoring threat like Gilbert Arenas.

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah and like I said....this Cavs team was a good team better than people give them credit for...instead everyone on here just choose to give Lebron all the credit and choose to use the excuse that he didn't have the "HELP" he needed when in reality he did...but he never delivered.

i dont feel like repeating myself if u dont get it i dont care i was just defending my player/team.

Great win Cavs :D

prodigy
10-27-2010, 11:11 PM
what was the entrance song?

congrats on the win.

It was a older eminem song but went great with the video and the words matched the team perfect.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Only if you want to be even more incorrect.

Wade cost his team a game? Funny last year all I would read was about how good Lebron was and how he could SINGLE HANDIDLY beat teams...

Heres your problem, your countering my points with **** other people said, I never said that so wtf do I care?

is this not the same Lebron thats playing for the Heat? Is he not as good as he was last year? Maybe he is on the decline? :shrug: Or maybe his team last year was pretty good and better than most give them credit for? :shrug: Just maybe.

Try again, this time counter MY points.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah and like I said....this Cavs team was a good team better than people give them credit for...instead everyone on here just choose to give Lebron all the credit and choose to use the excuse that he didn't have the "HELP" he needed when in reality he did...but he never delivered.As a matter of fact last years Cavs team was even more stacked than this current Cavs team to be honest, they've lose Delonte,Shaq,Big Z and Lebron...just saying.

Now your just contradicting yourself, if Bron only had a good team around him how is that the support to get past the GREAT teams hes faced? And no last years team is the same, not having BigZ or Shaq never prevented Bron from winning plus theyve added Sessions and an improving prospect in JJ

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:16 PM
i dont feel like repeating myself if u dont get it i dont care i was just defending my player/team.

Great win Cavs :D

There's really nothing to get butt hurt about...I didn't say the Heat were a bad team or that the Cavs are better without Lebron.....All I said was that this Cavs team was not given the credit they deserved and that most posters gave Lebron all the credit when in reality he had a good team around him....the Cavs are gonna surprise people this year but it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

hgtiger32
10-27-2010, 11:18 PM
thats why there are 82 games in a season...

Hoopsadvocate
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
There's really nothing to get butt hurt about...I didn't say the Heat were a bad team or that the Cavs are better without Lebron.....All I said was that this Cavs team was not given the credit they deserved and that most posters gave Lebron all the credit when in reality he had a good team around him....the Cavs are gonna surprise people this year but it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

lol im not the one posting my insecurities about my team by talking about another. I have not said one word about the lakers throughout all of this.

Looks like ur mad. Your failing kid. But enjoy yourself.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Only if you want to be even more incorrect.

Heres your problem, your countering my points with **** other people said, I never said that so wtf do I care?

Try again, this time counter MY points.

I posted my opinion you replied and to be quite honest with you...you didn't make any points....you "LOL'D"

Now did Wade cost his team yesterday? YES why is that because like I said AS WADE GOES THE HEAT GO..

And I apologize if you were not one of the posters who gave Lebron all that praise that I speak about.

your turn sir..

SteveNash
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Why does everyone always jump on my bandwagon? I was the only non Cavs fan on here saying the Cavs would make the playoffs before the season started.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
lol im not the one posting my insecurities about my team by talking about another. I have not said one word about the lakers throughout all of this.

Looks like ur mad. Your failing kid. But enjoy yourself.

You just did....and actually you saying im "insecure" was actually you talking about my Lakers just a little FYI.

And please what insecurities are you talking about....please show me one negative post that ive said about your Heat...please. Do they have a weak frontline? I dont think it takes a genius to know thats the Heats weakness..

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I posted my opinion you replied and to be quite honest with you...you didn't make any points....you "LOL'D"
My point was that they werent a really good team if you didnt get that.

Now did Wade cost his team yesterday? YES why is that because like I said AS WADE GOES THE HEAT GO..

Your basically admitting that its Brons team because he has yet to cost his team a game with a really ****** performance. The reality is the team gos as the sum of its parts go, if Bron would have played as ****** as Wade did or if CB played as bad as yesterday it wouldve been a loss.

And I apologize if you were not one of the posters who gave Lebron all that praise that I speak about.

Only a ****** would think 1 player wins every game, which is why expressions like the team gos as Wade gos is a meaningless statement. The team relies on more than 1 player to win, it just so happens when that 1 player sucks as bad as Wade did yesterday hes going to cost his team.

Its obvious your reaching for any thing to slight Bron, overrating his support and claiming the team relies on Wade to win over Bron. Not only do you lack the evidence to make these claims, you lack the objectivity to properly measure them.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Now your just contradicting yourself, if Bron only had a good team around him how is that the support to get past the GREAT teams hes faced? And no last years team is the same, not having BigZ or Shaq never prevented Bron from winning plus theyve added Sessions and an improving prospect in JJ

JJ was an up and coming player for the last year anyone who watched basketball knew Hickson was a baller....and I dont get what your saying but ill ask you this....

Are you saying that this years Cavs team is better than last years Cavs team minus Lebron ofcourse?

If not then why are you arguing?

Kevj77
10-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Saw the game JJ Hickson is a very promising player. The Cavs played well this was probably like a playoff game for them to prove they could do it without LeBron. If they can play like that all the time they might challenge for a playoff spot.

Be honest they had a good team last year. One player doesn't take a team to back to back 60 win season. LeBron might be worth 25-30 wins so I could see them getting close to .500 record. That could challenge for the 8th seed in the east.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
You just did....and actually you saying im "insecure" was actually you talking about my Lakers just a little FYI.

And please what insecurities are you talking about....please show me one negative post that ive said about your Heat...please. Do they have a weak frontline? I dont think it takes a genius to know thats the Heats weakness..

Considering their frontline consists of the 2 time MVP and one of the best PF in the game yea you are hating. Every post youve made here has an obvious vendetta behind it.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Saw the game JJ Hickson is a very promising player. The Cavs played well this was probably like a playoff game for them to prove they could do it without LeBron. If they can play like that all the time they might challenge for a playoff spot.

Be honest they had a good team last year. One player doesn't take a team to back to back 60 win season. LeBron might be worth 25-30 wins so I could see them getting close to .500 record. That could challenge for the 8th seed in the east.
Ok lets pretend your right about everything youve said here, since when is having a .500 club a good team? That screams mediocrity to me

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
My point was that they werent a really good team if you didnt get that.

Your basically admitting that its Brons team because he has yet to cost his team a game with a really ****** performance. The reality is the team gos as the sum of its parts go, if Bron would have played as ****** as Wade did or if CB played as bad as yesterday it wouldve been a loss.

Only a ****** would think 1 player wins every game, which is why expressions like the team gos as Wade gos is a meaningless statement. The team relies on more than 1 player to win, it just so happens when that 1 player sucks as bad as Wade did yesterday hes going to cost his team.

Its obvious your reaching for any thing to slight Bron, overrating his support and claiming the team relies on Wade to win over Bron. Not only do you lack the evidence to make these claims, you lack the objectivity to properly measure them.

Hmm...the game was a blow out Heat fans will be the first to tell that...Lebron had a pretty bad night including 8 TOs I think he could of played worse and chances are they STILL would of won that game.

And YES the Cavs were a really good TEAM last year...they weren't "elite" they weren't "great" they were a really good team and while they may of lost a few players they will show this year that they were better than they were given credit for....ill guess we'll have to revist this a few months down the road.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:36 PM
JJ was an up and coming player for the last year anyone who watched basketball knew Hickson was a baller....and I dont get what your saying but ill ask you this....
Stay with me here, they are getting an IMPROVED JJ. Get it?

Are you saying that this years Cavs team is better than last years Cavs team minus Lebron ofcourse?
Im saying the 2 are comparable considering the changes made

If not then why are you arguing?
Because your trying to belittle Brons accomplishments. He made a mediocre squad look elite. Not that he had a good team he couldnt win with

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Considering their frontline consists of the 2 time MVP and one of the best PF in the game yea you are hating. Every post youve made here has an obvious vendetta behind it.

How'd that frontline do against Boston? How would that frontline measure up against LA? Please dont tell me that the Heats weakness isn't their frontline....one could argue Arroyo but they dont need a PG when they have Lebron and Wade as a matter of fact the Heat should take arroyo out and insert House to spread the floor and give room for Lebron and Wade to operate.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Hmm...the game was a blow out Heat fans will be the first to tell that...Lebron had a pretty bad night including 8 TOs I think he could of played worse and chances are they STILL would of won that game.
Not if he played the way Wade did last night AND Bosh played as pitiful. Luckily it was the 76ers and not the C's.

And YES the Cavs were a really good TEAM last year...they weren't "elite" they weren't "great" they were a really good team and while they may of lost a few players they will show this year that they were better than they were given credit for....ill guess we'll have to revist this a few months down the road.

You must have a loose definition of good, you dont win with good teams so holding it against Bron for not winning makes you look foolish.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Stay with me here, they are getting an IMPROVED JJ. Get it?

Im saying the 2 are comparable considering the changes made

Because your trying to belittle Brons accomplishments. He made a mediocre squad look elite. Not that he had a good team he couldnt win with

Ok so first you tell me only a ****** believes a player wins every game then you go and say that one player can make a "mediocre" team look "elite" those statements contradict themselves to look elite means you have to win and in this case your giving the praise to Lebron.

And like I said Hickson was a baller and is a baller Lebron was just the go to guy so he never had a chance to shine...this year he's gonna get that chance.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
How'd that frontline do against Boston? How would that frontline measure up against LA? Please dont tell me that the Heats weakness isn't their frontline....one could argue Arroyo but they dont need a PG when they have Lebron and Wade as a matter of fact the Heat should take arroyo out and insert House to spread the floor and give room for Lebron and Wade to operate.
OMG you just keep digging yourself deeper, so by this logic Cleveland has a better frontline than Miami? The Heats weakness isnt their frontline, its their Center and PG rotations, learn how to use proper Terminology.

lakers4sho
10-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Chronz, how do you define a "mediocre squad"?

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Ok so first you tell me only a ****** believes a player wins every game then you go and say that one player can make a "mediocre" team look "elite" those statements contradict themselves
No they dont because thats how the NBA works, if you add Bron to a team that wins .500 they are going to win more. This isnt rocket science

to look elite means you have to win and in this case your giving the praise to Lebron.

Deserved Praise

And like I said Hickson was a baller and is a baller Lebron was just the go to guy so he never had a chance to shine...this year he's gonna get that chance.

Doesnt change the fact that hes a better player this year genius

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Chronz, how do you define a "mediocre squad"?

One that has average efficiency differentials

Kevj77
10-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Obviously LeBron was part of the team last year. Are you saying the Cavs were a bad team last season. The point is they weren't a team full of scrubs and LeBron just won 66 games by himself. A lot of them are just roleplayers, but all you really need with a player like LeBron, Kobe, Wade is a all-star sidekick and a good group of roleplayers to be a serious title contender. They were only one all-star away in Cleveland. Who knows he might have already been on the roster in JJ Hickson.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 11:51 PM
No they dont because thats how the NBA works, if you add Bron to a team that wins .500 they are going to win more. This isnt rocket science

Deserved Praise

Doesnt change the fact that hes a better player this year genius

Deserved praise? Ok so Lebron makes a playoff team better....I never ONCE said the Cavs were better WITHOUT LEBRON I said the were better than people give them credit for and thats exactly what your doing....giving all the praise to Lebron and none to the team that is the Cavs.

And thats the exact point im trying to make...the Cavs were better than people gave them credit for....it wasn't just Lebron.

Public Enemy #1
10-27-2010, 11:52 PM
hilarious

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Obviously LeBron was part of the team last year. Are you saying the Cavs were a bad team last season.
Nope, saying a team isnt good doesnt mean they were bad. A good team doesnt finish .500, a mediocre team does

The point is they weren't a team full of scrubs and LeBron just won 66 games by himself.
The point remains they were the LEAST talented 66 win in the history of the game, ALL because of Bron.

A lot of them are just roleplayers, but all you really need with a player like LeBron, Kobe, Wade is a all-star sidekick and a good group of roleplayers to be a serious title contender. They were only one all-star away in Cleveland. Who knows he might have already been on the roster in JJ Hickson.

I doubt Hickson is at that level but I definitely wouldnt have stayed to find out.

lakers4sho
10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
One that has average efficiency differentials

The '09 and '10 Cavs had higher efficiency differentials than the Pistons teams in '03 and '04 that had gone on to the Finals and won a championship. I don't suppose you think those Pistons teams were "average" as well?

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Deserved praise? Ok so Lebron makes a playoff team better....I never ONCE said the Cavs were better WITHOUT LEBRON
I never said you did, your spitting out empty statements by the bushels

I said the were better than people give them credit for and thats exactly what your doing....giving all the praise to Lebron and none to the team that is the Cavs.
No your overrating them, Im the one giving them proper credit. Im giving the rightful credit to Bron. Your the one holding it against him for not winning with what amounts to simply a good team.

And thats the exact point im trying to make...the Cavs were better than people gave them credit for....it wasn't just Lebron.

No your overrating them, it was MOSTLY LeBron.

Chronz
10-27-2010, 11:58 PM
The '09 and '10 Cavs had higher efficiency differentials than the Pistons teams in '03 and '04 that had gone on to the Finals and won a championship. I don't suppose you think those Pistons teams were "average" as well?
Now separate Brons contributions to those differentials and you have a mediocre team. But on the subject 03 Pistons were a different team when Sheed arrived.

DCB/LAL
10-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I never said you did, your spitting out empty statements by the bushels

No your overrating them, Im the one giving them proper credit. Im giving the rightful credit to Bron. Your the one holding it against him for not winning with what amounts to simply a good team.

No your overrating them, it was MOSTLY LeBron.

You have your opinion I have mine...its a wait and see a few months down the road we can revist this subject.

mikey03
10-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Funny indeed.

lol at this guys sig......they do have a horrible bench, sooo how exactly did they prove anyone wrong? is it going to be worse than we thought?

Hangtime
10-28-2010, 12:11 AM
The Cavs did well last year and then they ran into a buzzsaw in Boston. A team that played very solid defense and they were outmatched. It also hurt that guys for the Cavs were missing open shots when they had them. Rondo lit their ***** up. All those glaring weaknesses that a team has shines in the playoffs.

IDB Josh M
10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
I am shocked! And happy for them.

the_jon
10-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Epic justice.

Rafer17
10-28-2010, 12:27 AM
If the cavs make the playoffs, I will cut my balls of and post (link!!) a picture of it on PSD.

M's Fan2411
10-28-2010, 12:44 AM
they should make a deal to bring in some stud then they could be solid

Gary Reasons
10-28-2010, 01:02 AM
They never won a game before 2003?

ElMarroAfamado
10-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Best Thread Since 2006

News24/7
10-28-2010, 01:18 AM
If the cavs make the playoffs, I will cut my balls of and post (link!!) a picture of it on PSD.

bookmarked.

Hoopsadvocate
10-28-2010, 01:24 AM
lol at this guys sig......they do have a horrible bench, sooo how exactly did they prove anyone wrong? is it going to be worse than we thought?

Tonight bostons bench combine :

28 pts 11 rbs

Tonights miamis bench combine for:

30 pts 11 rbs

Ya thats what my sigs about. Should probably check the box score of ur own team before trying to talk trash.

evadatam5150
10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Sig...???

- They said we couldnt sign all three top FA's and for nothing less than max contracts.... proved them wrong

- They said we would have a horrible bench and that nobody would take the min. to play with us... proved them wrong

- Now they say we wont be a dynasty and we'd be lucky to win a ring or two within the next 6 years.... guess how this will end.

I can't tell you how it will end but I can tell you how it started... 0-1..

Now that's funny.. :moon:

On topic.. It's a good win for Cleveland and it's news worthy for sure.. It's going to be a long tough season for every team out there and I also don't see Boston winning a lot of back to back games due to age issues.. It will be interesting to see how it will all pan out..

Kudo's to the Cav's although I don't see this win catapulting them into elite status.. Just like one loss for Miami doesn't mean they're in shambles.. It's just the beginning of a long grind..

sintaks12
10-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Funny indeed.

Stop whining. And stop making excuses for the Heat. They set themselves up for this. You don't draw that much attention to yourself, team up like they did in the most tasteless possible way, claim to bring home 7 or more titles and NOT get scutinized to the nth degree. You better have thick skin this year brother, because if the Heat don't produce they'll get slammed... by fans and professionals alike.

Hoopsadvocate
10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Stop whining. And stop making excuses for the Heat. They set themselves up for this. You don't draw that much attention to yourself, team up like they did in the most tasteless possible way, claim to bring home 7 or more titles and NOT get scutinized to the nth degree. You better have thick skin this year brother, because if the Heat don't produce they'll get slammed... by fans and professionals alike.

Idl what ur definiion of whinig is but Calling out the cowards who only have something to say when we lose isn't it. Sounds like u need the tougher skin if u feel the need to respond unless u feel it's directed towards u. In which case good.

ManRam
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Jesus Christ, it's been one game. One game is not a "sign" of anything.

So much overreacting after two days. "Are the Cavs a playoff team", "Is Miami overrated", "Is Boston the favorite to win the East", "Are the Jazz the worst road team in the NBA" and so on. NOTHING can be answered after a game or two.

The beat a great Celtics team, but that team was coming off a back to back and coming off an extreme emotional high. The definition of a trap game.

Mrphilly
10-28-2010, 12:26 PM
People act like this is march madness. This isn't a tournament, one win or one loss doesn't mean a damn thing right now. People are celebrating "cavs first win without Lebron". Did people think they were going to be winless. This is stupid, nobody care about the Cavs.

Why are thre no Nets threads, that got a rare win.

RaiderLakersA's
10-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Good first win by the Cavs and over the Celtics no less. But it's a long, long season. Let's not jump the gun.

Hoopsadvocate
10-28-2010, 12:36 PM
awww, just when you thought he couldn't sound like more of an idiot....are you honestly trying to say that miamis bench is better than bostons? congratulations, james jones went off for 20 pts..that'll happen alllll the time

Nope i know bostons benchis better. I was just showing everyone how stupid ur comment about how bad our bench supposedly is.

And i did So my job is done.

FairWeatherFan?
10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Impressions from a Cavs fan:

1. This was a great win for a down trodden team, city, region and state. But it was only one win.

2. If the cavs are intent on not going into rebuild mode, they need to get some size at center, preferably though trading Jamison.

3. The Cavs won without their best player......no, not #6, Mo Williams!

To Cavs Fans:

#6 gave us 7 great years of basketball. He took the team to the highest heights we had ever seen. Those of us who watched the team religiously know that the team around him was solid and able able to compete with anyone at any time. We also know that he was a freak of nature who, despite his flaws (there are many, heat fans will see them soon enough) was able to go out and win games on his own if needed (Playoffs, another story that heat fans will be reading about soon enough). I hope with this opening night win we can officially begin the process of getting over it and embracing the team we have.

AsfanSince99
10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
This team will surprise ppl this year.

mikey03
10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Nope i know bostons benchis better. I was just showing everyone how stupid ur comment about how bad our bench supposedly is.

And i did So my job is done.
argue about how great wade, lebron, and bosh are all you want, but that bench is horrid. and anyone who says anything different is blind

king4day
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I think they have a better team than Miami outside of the big three. If Bosh chose Cleveland over Miami then they probably win a ring. Sessions was a fantastic pickup. Collins is really good energy off the bench. And no one was counting on if Hickson would improve. If he continues to do so, then Cleveland will be a much better team than most thought.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they reached the playoffs.

NastyNas
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh no, Cleveland has a better record than Miami what has the world come to

ElMarroAfamado
10-29-2010, 12:47 AM
The Cavs have better chances to make real noise in the playoffs with Lebron James....
they just need a a couple pieces....

Ace33Bone
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
The thing that made this even more impressive is that they did this without Mo Williams as well... I did not think that they would fair that well without him... the kid JJ Hickson is a stud and the fact that brown did not play him against the Celtics in the '10 playoffs is beyond my comprehension... I wish Cleveland the best but I know they are gonna face some ups and downs with such a young team... I also see them moving Williams and Jamison before the deadline

Avenged
10-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Jesus Christ, it's been one game. One game is not a "sign" of anything.

So much overreacting after two days. "Are the Cavs a playoff team", "Is Miami overrated", "Is Boston the favorite to win the East", "Are the Jazz the worst road team in the NBA" and so on. NOTHING can be answered after a game or two.

The beat a great Celtics team, but that team was coming off a back to back and coming off an extreme emotional high. The definition of a trap game.

Yep, but lets not discredit the Cavs performance.. They beat a championship caliber team while being a team that may not even make the playoffs.. Definitely nothing to exaggerate over but this might just be the highlight of their season..

todu82
10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I think Cleveland's going to surprise many this year. Maybe they won't make the playoffs but I don't think they're going to implode the way many people think they will.

Kashmir13579
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Cavs owner was serious, Cavs will win a ring before LeBron does.

unlikely, but how awesome would that be?!

Hunter48MVP
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
It's funny how the Cavs beat Boston and Miami couldn't. Hope the Cavs face Miami in the first round and eliminated them. That would be sweet!

ZioAx
10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Celts played back to back games, Cleveland played over their heads for their opener. Non issue.

ManRam
10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Yep, but lets not discredit the Cavs performance.. They beat a championship caliber team while being a team that may not even make the playoffs.. Definitely nothing to exaggerate over but this might just be the highlight of their season..

If it's the highlight of their season, then LOL.

3 of the 6 division last-place teams won their first game last year. Again, reason to not look at all into this.

I don't know, I just don't care. One game is one game. No one would make a thread about this if it was the 56th game in the season...

But one thing can definitely be extrapolated from this: the Cavs are better off without LeBron James ;) They lost their first two games last year!

I'll give it good entertaining story status, but nothing more.

prodigy
10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2010/10/29/openvideo1011-1452056/index.html

Cavs entrance if anyone wanted to see it.

prodigy
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't know, I just don't care. One game is one game.

Why are you posting? nobody cares if you care or not lol.

Before the game I'm sure you figured the Cavs would get beat by at least 20. Nobody says the Cavs are contenders. But the game proves the Cavs were not just Lebron.

mikealike305
10-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Cavs first win w.o lebron...... And last.... Lol jk

Mrphilly
10-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Cavs lose their first game without Lebron. I wonder should this have a thread too. 20 point loss to the Raptors. Please, no more Cavs talk unless they make the playoffs .