PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of thing to take away from last night

NihonJinDesu
10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
After watching a offensive struggle or a defensive exhibition whatever way you would like to see it from the Boston/Miami game, and a nail biter of a game between the Lakers/Rockets its good to see the new NBA season kicked off, I just wanted to share a couple of observations from last nights games

Boston/Miami

- No one press the panic button just yet in Miami its one game with a brand new roster and the Heat lost by 8

- They need to run the fast break better and space the floor in those situations

- Ray Allen is as clutch as ever

- Shaq addition is not looking that bad

- Big Baby is quite the force off the bench

- I am pretty sure Miami's playbook has about 3 plays in it after seeing one pass and isolation too many times last night

- Miami will most definetly struggle against a dominant front line

- Rondo needs a jumpshot bad....

Lakers/Rockets

- The Rockets could possibly be a top 4 seed in the west
-with that being said they need to cut to the basket more and rely less
on jump shots which was there undoing last night

- Brad Miller is the key man on the team

- Health will be a issue with Houston

- Matt Barnes/Steve Blake additions will be huge this year

- Shannon Brown the 3pt threat!!!

- The Bench Mob for the lakers is back

To finish this off I want to say what may seperate Lakers/Celtics from a team like Miami is of course their coaching and discipline because you need to have plays you can execute during any time during a game and I think that is what they lack in Miami or what they possibly cannot learn... and dont take this as a knock Miami fans but think about it when LeBron made it to the finals vs the Spurs and got knocked out was because they had no playbook it was LeBron and everyone move... and this may cause people to bring up other notions but I will leave that up to you

I AM GLAD THE NBA IS BACK!!! oh and enought of Khloe Kardashian and Justin Beiber

h2r09
10-27-2010, 04:30 PM
the reason miami looked like they had 3 plays in the playbook was because they dont have many plays in. they havent had any tie to put in their entire playbook with these guys and have them master it.

NihonJinDesu
10-27-2010, 04:33 PM
the reason miami looked like they had 3 plays in the playbook was because they dont have many plays in. they havent had any tie to put in their entire playbook with these guys and have them master it.

to be firmly honest... it looks like they dont have a playbook... because majority of the time it would be a isolation play or LeBron screen and roll with big Z

sep11ie
10-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Then sounds like coaching is thier problem.

Chacarron
10-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Wade should know the offense better than Bosh and Lebron, but Lebron was playing like he did in Cleveland at times and it got the Heat back in the game. Lebron needs to be the main ball handler, regardless of running plays or not. Gotta exploit Lebron on the post and on top of the key with the pick and rolls. Wade is a little banged up, so by doing this you put less pressure on him and he will get more open looks. When Wade is fully healthy, the Heat should run whatever offense it is they run.

TheHoopsProphet
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
You're out of your mind if you think Don Wades going to perform like that all year. Sheldon Brown got hot, but he needs to slash to the lane and stop settling for jumpers

h2r09
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Then sounds like coaching is thier problem.

actually having been around spo and seen him close up in person there is a reason he has a job. the problem is the played a total of 3 minutes and 1 practice together to get an entire nba playbook.

h2r09
10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
to be firmly honest... it looks like they dont have a playbook... because majority of the time it would be a isolation play or LeBron screen and roll with big Z

because they didnt have much in. do you honestly think the nba is as easy as going out there and just playing together? no, there is a reason why the nba is different and more structured then your local gym.

people who are concerned about the heat are people who either dont know basketball or have extremely unrealistic expectations.

NihonJinDesu
10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
because they didnt have much in. do you honestly think the nba is as easy as going out there and just playing together? no, there is a reason why the nba is different and more structured then your local gym.

people who are concerned about the heat are people who either dont know basketball or have extremely unrealistic expectations.

Apparently it is pretty easy if you were the 2008 Boston Celtics that won a ship with a brand new squad... a unproven PG... they finished 63-20 by the way... I am merely saying coaching may be the biggest problem for this team... will all that being said I am prepared to having this thread closed, because once again Miami fans might think im attacking their team... WHICH I AM NOT...

Hellcrooner
10-27-2010, 04:57 PM
two or three mroe nights like yesterday and Pat Riley will step in.

Is not a matter of IF but WHEN.

Mark my words.

The Final Boss
10-27-2010, 05:00 PM

If LoLebron didn't take so long making his 'decision' or if the other clowns weren't worried about appearing on commercials they could have learned a 30 play playbook. Funny how raw rookies learn 120+ play playbooks in a few months on the NFL and a Feet fan wants to make excuses.

NihonJinDesu
10-27-2010, 05:01 PM

Mark my words.

I actually joked about that with my friend... just like when Shaq came in and SVG "stepped down"

h2r09
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Apparently it is pretty easy if you were the 2008 Boston Celtics that won a ship with a brand new squad... a unproven PG... they finished 63-20 by the way... I am merely saying coaching may be the biggest problem for this team... will all that being said I am prepared to having this thread closed, because once again Miami fans might think im attacking their team... WHICH I AM NOT...

and im saying you have no idea what you are talkin gabout. you see 1 game and say spo is a bad coach. he is one of the best in the league. if you have ever talked to him or seen him in person or heard him the last 2 years, you would know that. he is extremely well prepared and extremely smart. you dont get promoted from video coordinator to head coach over time and get hand picked as the predecessor to a hall of fame coach if you arent a good coach.

so did the 2008 celtics never play more than 3 minutes together before their first game? please. get out of here with that ********

h2r09
10-27-2010, 05:05 PM
If LoLebron didn't take so long making his 'decision' or if the other clowns weren't worried about appearing on commercials they could have learned a 30 play playbook. Funny how raw rookies learn 120+ play playbooks in a few months on the NFL and a Feet fan wants to make excuses.

there is a difference between knowing the plays and actually putting it on the court. there is a complete difference between the nba and the nfl rookies.

h2r09
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM

Mark my words.

there is no chance he coaches the heat again. if you knew anything besides blind assumptions you would know he has said multiple times he is not interested in the grind and travel of everyday coaching. he wasnt even interested in going to travel to opening night.

blind assumptions like that is the way rumors get started.

Chacarron
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
and im saying you have no idea what you are talkin gabout. you see 1 game and say spo is a bad coach. he is one of the best in the league. if you have ever talked to him or seen him in person or heard him the last 2 years, you would know that. he is extremely well prepared and extremely smart. you dont get promoted from video coordinator to head coach over time and get hand picked as the predecessor to a hall of fame coach if you arent a good coach.

so did the 2008 celtics never play more than 3 minutes together before their first game? please. get out of here with that ********

Well, Pat Riley is a good example. He was Chick's co-broadcaster before he was given the assistant coach position, and eventually the head coach position. Pat Riley may see himself in Spoelstra, that's why Spoelstra will still be the head coach tomorrow and the next day.

NihonJinDesu
10-27-2010, 05:15 PM

So now you are saying im attacking SPO... I am not saying spolstra is not a nice guy, I am saying he is not the right guy for the job.... and maybe thats why Riles took over before when SVG was the coach and Shaq came in... you need to check yourself because you are seriously on one right now... and I find it comical... because its hard to handle 2 global superstars... and the 2008 Celtics didnt play together when before that season remember they traded Jefferson for Garnett and Jeff Green for Ray Allen, signed James Posey and Eddie House... So I think I kind of know what im talking about...

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Whats up with people saying they haven't "played together" weren't these guys on the Olympic team together? Have they not played countless of All-star games together? Thats gotta account for something...

Oh and what happened to all the posters who last year would say Lebron was SO GOOD he could lead the Cavs to wins vs teams like the Celtics, Lakers etc... because he made everyone around him better, and he was that good etc.......Maybe the players he has around him this year are worse and he can't lead them to victory? Oh wait its Wade and Bosh so thats out of the question...maybe Lebron isn't the superhero you guys think he is.

If I remember correctly many of the posters saying that were some of the more "credible posters" who would claim Lebron was SO GOOD he didn't have to be "clutch" because he would blow teams out all by himself...now some of those same posters wanna say they need time to gel? :rolleyes:

evadatam5150
10-28-2010, 12:49 AM

Listen Sally, you have no idea what you're talking about.. NONE.. It's a game and every player on a new team learns a new system.. Blake and Barnes had to learn one of the hardest systems in the league and they did pretty well for themselves in the opener.. You're acting like this guy is being a homer and rallying against your team and he's not.. You're being a way too sensitive to someone who was simply giving his thoughts on opening night without being contrite or offensive.. Stop minstrating and trying so hard to get us to believe that you're so close to SPO and the Heat and take his thoughts for what they are..

NihonJinDesu
10-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Listen Sally, you have no idea what you're talking about.. NONE.. It's a game and every player on a new team learns a new system.. Blake and Barnes had to learn one of the hardest systems in the league and they did pretty well for themselves in the opener.. You're acting like this guy is being a homer and rallying against your team and he's not.. You're being a way too sensitive to someone who was simply giving his thoughts on opening night without being contrite or offensive.. Stop minstrating and trying so hard to get us to believe that you're so close to SPO and the Heat and take his thoughts for what they are..

And that is what I was trying to tell this fan... but apparently the whole city of Miami is taking this me vs the world thing a little too seriously.... I find it funny though... because I could be like Lakers would destroy you, but you have to be impartial and realistic if you want to be taken seriously as opposed to some guy that says the T Wolves will win a ship' just saying though