PDA

View Full Version : Did the Refs swallow their whistles?

KnicksorBust
10-27-2010, 04:13 PM
During the preseason technical fouls were being given out like candy on Halloween. It was a big issue with the players and being discussed in articles. The season opened last night and I couldn't wait to see the first game. Now I didn't see the Lakers game so someone can fill me in on that, but in the Miami-Boston game I saw plenty of players being demonstrative and not getting technical fouls. The only T went on a Heat assistant coach. My question:

Were the refs just not used to doing the immediate techs? Did they not want to do it in that particular game? Or is it going to go back the way it was last season?

redsox0717
10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
It still applies, just not to superstar players like Wade. He was crying to the refs constantly last night and they swallowed the whistle.

Chacarron
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
The refs will implement it slowly during the regular season as to not appear over-zealous for calling so many T's.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
During the preseason technical fouls were being given out like candy on Halloween. It was a big issue with the players and being discussed in articles. The season opened last night and I couldn't wait to see the first game. Now I didn't see the Lakers game so someone can fill me in on that, but in the Miami-Boston game I saw plenty of players being demonstrative and not getting technical fouls. The only T went on a Heat assistant coach. My question:

Were the refs just not used to doing the immediate techs? Did they not want to do it in that particular game? Or is it going to go back the way it was last season?

Martin got T-ed up in last nights Rockets/Lakers game...but in the final minutes of the game I thought they could of called another T on the Rockets basically the whole team disagreed with their call but the Refs made the right choice and let them play instead so it didn't really affect the outcome in the final minutes of the game.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-27-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm sure Stern gave specific instructions to refs as to which players the rule does not apply to.

KnicksorBust
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I hate to single players out, especially considering it was more than one or two, but damn I mean some of these players should have been out of the game in the 1st half. I understand they want to cut down on T's but if they arent going to be consistent then why even put on the charade during the preseason?