PDA

View Full Version : Would You Appreciate Lebron if he Signed to your Favorite Team last summer??

ewmania
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
just been reading alot of threads and i heard about Haslem & Wade being the new Team Captains in the Miami Heat... and what i feel even more weird alot of heat fans agree with this

now wade & lebron i can agree with... but wade & haslem?? :facepalm:

if im not mistaken LBJ is the biggest reason heat went from a medicore team to a "so-called" championship contending team... and looking at these past horrible heat preseason games including that horrible season opener... Mr James seems to be doing everything all over again

All im saying is if i was a heat fan or LBJ i would have felt disrespected that we sign this man and he's not even a captain. because on the court he's basically the whole team, no other heat player has shown otherwise these past few weeks

if this was your favorite team and they signed LBJ, how would u feel if a roleplayer & a injury prone superstar overshadowed the guy who is the reason your team is being talked about so much

barreleffact
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
valid question and points...

but **** Lebron

My team is LA and even if lebron were to somehow have signed with them, Kobe and Fisher would probably have been team captains. Same here. Haslem has history and a ring and Wade changed the name of Dade county by himself. It is a slap in th eface but teh season is young and titles such as team captain mean nothing considering Lebron is the man of the team thus far. He will get his and force everyone elses game to cope...just like he has his entire career.

CBCable
10-27-2010, 03:33 PM
uh.. pretty sure it was a gesture of good will to emphasize the team culture they're trying to build.

mark1125
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Was another LeBron thread really needed? Nevermind......I am SURE it was.

LAKERMANIA
10-27-2010, 03:38 PM
The captain title doesnt go to the two best players it goes to the two best leaders. I dont watch enough Heat games so I dont know who acts like the leader of the team. But on the Lakers the captains are Kobe and Derek Fisher, Derek Fisher is by no means the second best player on the team, but he is the leader on and off the court.

Minimal
10-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Wade & Haslem are in Miami since 2003, they passed everything together and won that title in 2006, thats why they are the captains. Being a captain means nothing, but the captain should be the guy who was with the team for a long time and knows his teammates well, a guy all team players can talk to and get some advice.
LeBron James being a captain of Heat time will come, but for now it's Wade and Haslem.

Law25
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
If Lakers would have signed him I would have been pist, because that would mean that they didnt appreciate Kobe. I get the point your tying to make thought, and its an valid argument.

Gibby23
10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I would.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-27-2010, 03:47 PM
just been reading alot of threads and i heard about Haslem & Wade being the new Team Captains in the Miami Heat... and what i feel even more weird alot of heat fans agree with this

if im not mistaken LBJ is the biggest reason heat went from a medicore team to a "so-called" championship contending team... and looking at these past horrible heat preseason games including that horrible season opener... Mr James seems to be doing everything all over againAll im saying is if i was a heat fan or LBJ i would have felt disrespected that we sign this man and he's not even a captain. because on the court he's basically the whole team, no other heat player has shown otherwise these past few weeks

if this was your favorite team and they signed LBJ, how would u feel if a roleplayer & a injury prone superstar overshadowed the guy who is the reason your team is being talked about so much

That could be the problem. He is now playing with offensive talent that no other star has ever had. He has to take a step back and let Bosh and Wade do thier thing sometimes. He cant always have his peddle to the metal at all times. It may be good for his self and his numbers, but not best for the team in the long run.

Law25
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Wade & Haslem are in Miami since 2003, they passed everything together and won that title in 2006, thats why they are the captains. Being a captain means nothing, but the captain should be the guy who was with the team for a long time and knows his teammates well, a guy all team players can talk to and get some advice.
LeBron James being a captain of Heat time will come, but for now it's Wade and Haslem.

Wade and Haslem are like Kobe and Fisher. If they were in Cleveland I would have problem if Lebron and Big Z were captains. Some players just go together.

JETS2010REVIS
10-27-2010, 03:50 PM
why do you care. Also, why give it to some player that only came to play bcuz of wade and bosh. Give the captain role to the players who have been on the heat for a couple seasons. The ones that have stuck to the team through the bad and good times. Not some overrated d*** sucking loser who left his team behind just so he can win behind the presence of wade and bosh

TrueFan420
10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Captains are not picked by coaches but rather they emerge from within the team. To be a captain you must have the teams ear. Im not in their locker room but to be honest it doesnt surprose me that Haslem has the teams ear over lebron or bosh. Hell i wouldnt be surprised if he had it over wade. He has been there for a while, he played a key role in wing a ring with the team and he comes off as a hard worker.

marlinsfan24
10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
The captain title doesnt go to the two best players it goes to the two best leaders. I dont watch enough Heat games so I dont know who acts like the leader of the team. But on the Lakers the captains are Kobe and Derek Fisher, Derek Fisher is by no means the second best player on the team, but he is the leader on and off the court.

This with the names Wade and Haslem substituted are the reason that Haslem and Wade were named the team captain.

There's another way to spot a bandwagoner, someone who doesn't know the worth of Fisher or Haslem on their teams.

BALLER71
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Marlinsfan, you're absolutely right. You can tell this guy is a bandwagoner because he doesn't understand what type of player and person Haslem is.

Law25
10-27-2010, 03:54 PM
valid question and points...

but **** Lebron

My team is LA and even if lebron were to somehow have signed with them, Kobe and Fisher would probably have been team captains. Same here. Haslem has history and a ring and Wade changed the name of Dade county by himself. It is a slap in th eface but teh season is young and titles such as team captain mean nothing considering Lebron is the man of the team thus far. He will get his and force everyone elses game to cope...just like he has his entire career.

Sad but so far from what ive seen in preseason and last nights game even with Wade back it appears to be 100% true. I normally enjoy watching Wade, but last night is the worst iv seen him. He seem so overwhelmed by everything. I know its early but thats not a good look.

Don Starks
10-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Haslem has more rings then Lebron, so that could be one reason why hes a captain.

abe_froman
10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
just because your a "star" doesnt mean you'd make a good captain/leader .besides wade and haslem have seniority,they been there forever and lebron is the new add on

Korman12
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
If he came to my team, hell yes I would. I'm not an idiot.

RaiderLakersA's
10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
LeBron joining the Lakers doesn't necessarily mean that he would supplant either Kobe or Fish as team captain right off the bat.

For one, LeBron, even though supremely talented, would still have to come in and learn the system and the operators' (the players') strengths within that system.

Secondly, LeBron would have to earn Phil's trust.

Finally, LBJ would have to earn the trust of his teammates and be the voice that they respond to under various conditions. Given the existing dynamic of Kobe being the bad cop and Fisher being the good, there's no way to know how LBJ's voice would fit in and whether his teammates would be receptive to it right away. Further, could LBJ be the guy that tells Kobe that he's messing up when clearly Kobe only truly respects other players who have walked through brick walls and won titles?

I'm not saying that LeBron couldn't do all of the above. In fact, I fully believe him capable of excelling in every aspect.

But why assume that pressure of that learning curve all at once AND try to lead a championship-winning team when you have capable, battle-tested leaders on the roster already? Besides, if LeBron were to immediately assume a captain's role, some would misconstrue that as either favoritism or an abject lack of humility on his part. It's not worth the headache.

LeBron is approaching this the right way. He's said before that he wants to work toward a team dynamic without having to be "The Man" night in and night out. What better way to do that than to pass himself off as one of the soldiers?

Corey
10-27-2010, 04:47 PM
I dont see why anyone thinks that Lebron SHOULD be a captain.

Wade and Haslem have been there, and both represent the Heat as an organization.

It's no different than the C's leaving Pierce as captain, and not giving the title to KG and Ray when they came over.

It's not meant to be disrespectful.

Chacarron
10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I dont see why anyone thinks that Lebron SHOULD be a captain.

Wade and Haslem have been there, and both represent the Heat as an organization.

It's no different than the C's leaving Pierce as captain, and not giving the title to KG and Ray when they came over.

It's not meant to be disrespectful.

Exactly. Lebron will eventually be captain if he deserves to be one of course. But right now, Wade and Haslem are the best choices for captain.

hihbidty
10-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Call me crazy but I dont want that drama queen on our squad.

As far as captain. Does it really matter. There is no I in team, and it takes more than 3 players to win a basketball game

ewmania
10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Wade and Haslem are like Kobe and Fisher. If they were in Cleveland I would have problem if Lebron and Big Z were captains. Some players just go together.

i feel what your saying but ehhhh i cant i mean i just cant compare haslem to fisher. lol fisher is a far better player than overrated haslem

fisher is actually one of the most underrated PG's i've ever seen play this sport

Testaverde16
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I wouldnt respect him if he signed with the lakers... i saw him as having 4 options:
Cavs - keep chance to be best ever as hometown hero and most loved in NBA
Bulls - Smart move, help development of young studs and compete for championships and to be the best ever
Knicks - Dumb move, but cocky decision to bring basketball back to a beloved city, chance to be best ever
Heat - Play with your friends while being too scared of taking the challenge of carrying a team to greatness by yourself and ruin your chance of being the best ever. Basically, the immature decision which proves you dont deserve the respect that you think you do.

I cant respect a man that has the chance to be the best ever and runs from it.

Testaverde16
10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
i know its the wrong sport, but when favre came to the jets, they voted him as a captain and even he was shocked by it. He was the star, but captain is a status given to those that know the team and have been there longer. This is not that big of deal, he probably will be one eventually, but they did say this was Wades team.

aussie
10-27-2010, 05:23 PM
A captain is a leader and someone that the rest of the team up to for advice, they also run the court, and don't get moody, like a baby with no bottle, when they lose.

And no I'm not a LeBron hater, and yes i appreciate if he joined forces with CP3 in NOLA.

Cano4prez
10-27-2010, 05:27 PM
i feel what your saying but ehhhh i cant i mean i just cant compare haslem to fisher. lol fisher is a far better player than overrated haslem

fisher is actually one of the most underrated PG's i've ever seen play this sport

How is Haslem overrated..?

Rasser
10-27-2010, 05:30 PM
If he came to Toronto I would definatly appreciate him, however the fact that he left Cleveland shows that he needed to go somewhere else to win the big games, so he would still and will still never be able to be seen as the best or one of the best to ever play.

kswissdaf
10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
If anyone says no to this they are flat out lying

WrongIslander
10-27-2010, 06:06 PM
If anyone says no to this they are flat out lying

Then call me a liar. I would appreciate his skillset, I would not and did not appreciate his spitting in the face of a franchise he all but killed. There are ways and means. I used to love watching LeBron, I wanted him to do well and though it didn't help he went to the Heat, no matter where he went after the manner he went, he lost all my respect.

hihbidty
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Call me a liar too.

In my opinion, Lebron is everything that is wrong with the NBA.

The Me, myself, and I. Look at me I am an attention whore is annoying.

Big Zo
10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Haslem has been a captain for years even before Wade. In fact, pretty sure this is Wade's first time as a captain.

ChiSox219
10-27-2010, 07:04 PM
When he said "I'm taking my talents" that was the end of the line. If he would've said "to Chicago", I'm not sure how I would've reacted but certainly not in the obnoxious way Heat fans did this summer. UMAD!!!!YES WE DIDZZZZZZZZZZZ

"The Decision" was enough of a spectacle, using that phrase was off-putting.

Rndy
10-28-2010, 12:41 AM
I would love Lebrons basketball skills on the Bulls. How ever even when he played for Cavs I hated him. Acting like a jack *** and dancing all the time. Just looked like a dum **** and hopefully Riley won't allow that ****. When he wins a ring he can moon walk for all I care. But until then play the ****ing game.

tdunk21
10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah but not after his 1hr special which ruined his image

Sactown
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Everyone who hates Lebron is just being a *****..

clehmun
10-28-2010, 02:57 PM
QUICK! who's the captain(s) for the raptors, wolves, nets, pacers, clippers?

exactly. who the eff cares.

ballpd05
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
If Lebron was on anybody's team they'd love him... until he has another one hour special to tell everyone he is leaving.

Jaji
10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Wade and Haslem have been there for years. They have seniority. LeBron will be a captain next year. It's really not a big deal.

Daze9900
10-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Why not have tri-captains. It makes no sense. The Fisher comparison makes no sense. He hits so many big shots and yeah he is a leader off the court and he has a long tenure with LA. In Miami with Lebron being one of their best players the role players will follow him. They are going to try to pick up their intensity to follow his lead. When the press conference happens and whether or not the Heat win or lost he gets almost 50 percent of the questions. Lebron is a Captain. As he goes the Heat will go. Haslem has that feel good story with his mom and all and he took less money and what not to stay there. I dont know how he is in the locker room but if he is a leader then so be it. Captains are not about being the best players that's why Bosh should not be a captain. But no Lebon? come on.

More-Than-Most
10-28-2010, 07:34 PM
The 1 hour special was a bit much but he was a free agent and owed nobody a damn thing... If he joined the sixers I would have done back flips and anyone saying they wouldn't want him on their team is telling lies. I still appreciate Lebron and his talent and I always will... He is a top 3 player in the league.

llemon
10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
The 1 hour special was a bit much but he was a free agent and owed nobody a damn thing... If he joined the sixers I would have done back flips and anyone saying they wouldn't want him on their team is telling lies. I still appreciate Lebron and his talent and I always will... He is a top 3 player in the league.

If Lebron had signed with the Nets, I'd root for him but I'd still know he was a 'me-first' POS, kinda the way I felt about Jason Kidd, only with Lebron it would be x2.

More-Than-Most
10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
If Lebron had signed with the Nets, I'd root for him but I'd still know he was a 'me-first' POS, kinda the way I felt about Jason Kidd, only with Lebron it would be x2.

Not many people are different... If you could get paid 100 million to be on a team with 2 other top 10 players whom happen to be your best friends while playing in a place like Miami and the cherry on top is it gives you the best shot at winning a title... 9 out of every 10 people would do that without hesitating. Even the best players want talent around them because the goal is to win a title... Kobe is a huge example... He would have left LA and almost did if they did not get him help. Carmelo is a current example. I can understand if it was just about money but James taking less money to play with his friends and help his chances at winning a title show more character about the guy then not.

I am by no means a James fan or a heat fan... I want them to be the biggest busts of all time.... But I wont deny the talent he possesses and the player he is.

kswissdaf
10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
LeBron had a TV show Kobe rapped a girl.

Ty Fast
10-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Haslem deserves to be captain. He has been there longer and he did take less money to stay in Miami. It is just a nice gesture to him. I donít think Lebron or Bosh mind.

hihbidty
10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
In before the delete

thescore53
10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
i'm loving it anyone going through his posts :drool:

hihbidty
10-28-2010, 08:48 PM
i'm loving it anyone going through his posts :drool:

Hell yeahz

GOON MUSIC
10-28-2010, 08:58 PM
My Team won two titles without him

bennyg
10-28-2010, 09:04 PM
i'm a cavs fan, so yes

J_M_B
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Wow, very immature posts, but at the same time I love it. :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
10-28-2010, 09:30 PM

if im not mistaken LBJ is the biggest reason heat went from a medicore team to a "so-called" championship contending team... and looking at these past horrible heat preseason games including that horrible season opener... Mr James seems to be doing everything all over again

All im saying is if i was a heat fan or LBJ i would have felt disrespected that we sign this man and he's not even a captain. because on the court he's basically the whole team, no other heat player has shown otherwise these past few weeks

:facepalm: why should he be captain, he hasnt even played 5 games for the team. oh yeah, because hes lebron james. udonis haslem has every right to be the captain. he's a good person, he works hard, and it shows on the court. whilist, lebron gets all the attention because hes lebron. just shut up guy, you sound terribly stupid.

llemon
10-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Not many people are different... If you could get paid 100 million to be on a team with 2 other top 10 players whom happen to be your best friends while playing in a place like Miami and the cherry on top is it gives you the best shot at winning a title... 9 out of every 10 people would do that without hesitating. Even the best players want talent around them because the goal is to win a title... Kobe is a huge example... He would have left LA and almost did if they did not get him help. Carmelo is a current example. I can understand if it was just about money but James taking less money to play with his friends and help his chances at winning a title show more character about the guy then not.

I am by no means a James fan or a heat fan... I want them to be the biggest busts of all time.... But I wont deny the talent he possesses and the player he is.

It's not about where James signed or how much money he got, it's about how he handled his free agency.

Also, I think Kobe and Carmelo are d-bags.