PDA

View Full Version : How Many Games Before Haslem Is Starting Over Bosh?

JasonJohnHorn
10-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I got juice for Bosh, no doubt, but in terms of chemistry I'm not sure what he brings to the floor. When Boston picked up Garnett, Garnett was the BEST rebounder in the league, and along with Dunan, one of the two best defenders at his position. He focused on those two things and let Pierce, Allen and Rondo excel at what they do best.

Bosh is a good renounder, even a great renounder, but he is not the defnesive presence that Garnett is, and he is not the rebounder that Garnett was. In TO his impact on the game depended on his scoring output, but that wont be the case in Miami since they already have two dominant scorers and guys like Mike Miller to take shots when the defence breaks down.

Haslem however is a work horse on the boards, and doesnt demand the ball on offence, nor does he need the ball to impact the game. He works the glass, puts out a strong effort on defence, and picks up open shots when the defence breaks down.

Though Bosh is, I think, a better all-around individual player, I think Haslem would work better in a rotation with Wade and James and his output in game one is an indicator that he can do what Bosh does more effectively. Now obviously you cant base a whole season on one game, but I expect we will see more of the same in games to come, Bosh slightly outscoring Haslem with more minutes, and Haslem out rebounding Bosh with fewer minutes. the question is, who should be spending more time on the court with Wade and James?

I'm putting in for Haslem.

Hopefully the problem can be solved by just moving Haslem to center (which is what I thought they would do), but with Big Z, Magloire and Anthony at center, there arent a lot of minutes for Haslem.

Hellcrooner
10-27-2010, 10:30 AM
If they cme to feel he is not what they need the wouldnt bench him but trade him

Slimsim
10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I see Bosh at the 5 and Haslem at the 4 against some of the smaller teams.

haggis
10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I dont think it will happen. At all.

Bosh is a good renounder, even a great renounder.

^ and this? :speechless:

Antipod
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
In about ∞ games :D

mavwar53
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
when bosh gets injured

Pierzynski4Prez
10-27-2010, 10:41 AM
(82 regular season + playoffs games) x 6 years

That is how many games before Haslem starts over Bosh

HeaTxRipZz
10-27-2010, 10:45 AM
lmfao they will never put Haslem over Bosh for any reason......Don't see why these threads are being put up already after one game. Let the new team get used to eachother it'll all come together

stawka
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Hopefully one more game. Miami needs one of those stars to be the focus on offense, not all 3 at once. 2 of them on the court together will be better for them, unless it's in the last few minutes

justinnum1
10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
:facepalm: Your theory doen's take into account bosh draws at least 1 defender sometimes 2 and he can space the floor, and go off for 30 on any night. I am the biggest UD fan, but I really writing all that after 1 game? :laugh:

nitric
10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Bosh at the 5 would get murdered

The Final Boss
10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Like I've been saying the entire offseason, Bosh is a mediocre tweener (SF/PF) with no heart, no defense, and I ugly. I don't see this experiment working.

walter
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Bosh is not the real problem. Arroyo and Joel are. I am thinking of going to a hunger strike in front of the AAA in Miami until the arrival of Dampier and Patrick Beverley. Get Arroyo and Joel out of Miami asap.

John Walls Era
10-27-2010, 11:34 AM
lol this is a joke. the sample size we are using is 1 game? So looks like the Heat are going 0-82.

GSW Hoops
10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I like the idea of using Bosh in a Lamar Odom-type role: the leader of the second-team. You don't need Wade + Bosh + LeBron on the floor at the same time. Let Bosh come off the bench and dominate while Bron and Wade are resting.

pebloemer
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I like the idea of using Bosh in a Lamar Odom-type role: the leader of the second-team. You don't need Wade + Bosh + LeBron on the floor at the same time. Let Bosh come off the bench and dominate while Bron and Wade are resting.

I don't think you'll see many moments this year where LeBron and Wade are sitting on the bench together. I'm pretty sure 2 of the 3 of them will be on the court at all times anyways. If they stagger the minutes out right, then they really don't need a 6th man type role.

This said, I am not opposed to the question as others in the thread are. If Haslem provides better balance with LeBron and Wade, it wouldn't be an insult to start him. Bosh will still get his minutes. But I don't think Bosh will have trouble complimenting Wade and LeBron. He showed he could be an excellent complimentary piece on Team USA on both offense and defense. That's a better sample of games to go by too. All that we saw last night from Bosh is consistent with his history. He has always struggled against Boston.

Double_R
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Bosh will never come off the bench period, one game=dumb question

Bosh is definitely not a great renounder, his defense is weak and he excelled on a team with no clear number one guy, look at the Wizards last year(Andray Blatche)

29$JerZ
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
When they all signed to Miami they also commited to an unwritten vow to make the team win, if it requires Bosh to be the 6th man it should happen if Haslem is a better fit with LeBron/Wade.

However I don't see that happening, Ego's will play a role here. It's one thing for Wade to sit on the bench to allow LeBron to take over because he is having an off night but its a completely different thing to send your 2nd best FA acquisition to the bench each game.

NYY 26 to 7
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Hopefully one more game. Miami needs one of those stars to be the focus on offense, not all 3 at once. 2 of them on the court together will be better for them, unless it's in the last few minutes

I hear everyone and I think this is a stupid overreaction. But this ^ actucally isnt a bad idea although maybe you do it with Dwade. They need to have 2 of the 3 on the court at all times and not starting one of them will allow their bench to dominate and let 1 of them play their natural role dominating the ball and scoring. LeBron showed he isn't going to change his game too much this team is going to be featured around him. I would sit Dwade and let him dominate every second unit on the planet. Sounds like a demotion but I think it is using your talent to maximize their ability and of course 4th quarter theyre all on the floor no matter what.

Wilson
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I think possible line-up changes belong in team forums more than the main NBA forum. Every team is going to have a struggling player at one point or another, so we can't have them all in the main forum.