PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Broadband Blackout Problems

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
I just signed up for NBA League Pass Broadband to watch my Wolves only to find out that every damn game is blacked out! I'm so heated. Does anyone know if the games will be in the archives after it aires or what? I didn't even realize this happens and I'm out over a $100. Is there anyway to cancel league pass and get my money back or what? I had no prior knowledge to this before signing up and now it's completely useless to me. What a scam.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
You should have read the terms

But theres no way that every game is blacked out, wolves are not too often in the national TV or am I mistaken:shrug:

daleja424
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
they all archive, yes. At least that has been my experience in the past.

SteveNash
10-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes, it sucks especially with Fox and Dish network feuding. I believe you can watch archive games in your area but that might have changed.

But theres no way that every game is blacked out, wolves are not too often in the national TV or am I mistaken:shrug:

TV stations purchase rights to broadcast games in a certain location and most/all games are blacked out locally.

king4day
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
I just signed up for NBA League Pass Broadband to watch my Wolves only to find out that every damn game is blacked out! I'm so heated. Does anyone know if the games will be in the archives after it aires or what? I didn't even realize this happens and I'm out over a $100. Is there anyway to cancel league pass and get my money back or what? I had no prior knowledge to this before signing up and now it's completely useless to me. What a scam.

1. Are you sure it's all Wolves games? Sometimes they won't air the home team (announcers) games and you're stuck with the road team announcers. That's always two different channels.
2. Some games aren't aired in HD. If you are using Direct TV, for example, you might have turned off the option to see the non HD games in the 'guide'.
3. Since the season hasn't started, you shouldn't have a problem getting a refund.

Hellcrooner
10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
well they have balcked out the whole thing from spain to " not damage the rights o the spanish broadcaster" go figure, then they will cry bout people watching streams.
**** them, i wanted to PAY to choose the games I want to watch but they said i have to PAY to the sapnish chanel to watch the game THEY want to provide me.

Streams for the win!!!!!!!

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I've been digging around for info and I guess they only blackout your local team games that are televised on fsn and crap by using your ip address to determine your location. So since I live in MN I can't watch any game that would be televised on cable but I can watch any other team not within 150 miles. This is some BS. I only signed up to watch my team. So now I am just hoping all the games will be archived to watch later or some how learn how to scramble my Ip address from NBA league Pass so they think I'm somewhere else. This officially blows.

JordansBulls
10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
When I lived in Chicago in the 90's I know anytime the Bulls played a home game and we were on TNT or TBS it waas blacked out so that we had to watch on Sportschannel in Chicago.

tbone2171
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM

That's a really "richard" comment

tbone2171
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM

Dang man that stinks..For over a $100 you probably could have got season tickets.

ecorrea
10-26-2010, 05:19 PM
i reupped on my league pass broadband but cant figure out how to frickin pick my 7 teams for this year... anyone know how to do this?

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Dang man that stinks..For over a $100 you probably could have got season tickets.

Ha, the funny thing is I do have season tickets, I just want to be able to watch road games and what not without having to sign up with directv or any cable provider for that matter.

ecorrea
10-26-2010, 05:22 PM
figured it out...

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 05:23 PM
i reupped on my league pass broadband but cant figure out how to frickin pick my 7 teams for this year... anyone know how to do this?

I did mine this morning, I just clicked on launch broadband and it took me to the option to add my 7 teams. Good luck if you want to watch your home team play though.

ChiSox219
10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I've been looking into this for a while as I wanted to get rid of my cable but still be able to watch the NBA.

The only solutions I'm found are complex and cost money.

Also, I don't think archive games are viewable, at least I remember last year not being able to watch any Bulls game. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank God. I was able to figure out a way around it.
:dance:

If anyone else is having this problem problem PM me and I can hook you up with the solution.

**** you league pass broadband!