PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee's wife harrassed by Yankees fans

sixer04fan
10-26-2010, 02:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5729471

"The fans did not do good things in my heart," Kristen Lee said, according to the newspaper. "When people are staring at you, and saying horrible things, it's hard not to take it personal."

What could counter-balance Kristen Lee's bad experience is her close relationship with CC Sabathia's wife, Amber. They have been close since Sabathia and Cliff Lee played together in Cleveland.

Cliff Lee and Sabathia are friends as well. The Sabathias and Lees already were discussing where the Lees should live when it appeared as if the Yankees were going to make a trade for Lee in July.

The Yankees are expected to make Lee their No. 1 free agent target. He will likely receive a deal in the five-to-seven year range at $100 million to $150 million. It also could be Lee's final major contract; he turns 33 during next season.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not trying to start any trouble here, and I'm not calling out Yankees fans. But I was just wondering if you guys think there's a chance this could affect his desire to play for the Yankees. The article clearly states that the Lees and Sabathias are great friends, so maybe this has no effect on Lee's mind regarding the Yankees. What do yall think?

VRP723
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Not surprised, hopefully Lee realizes that this is what you get with the Yankees

Nymfan87
10-26-2010, 02:18 PM
If any Yankees fan wonders why people hate the Yankees, look no farther than the douchebag that caught the possibly fan interference Cano HR ball. That guy is a disgrace.

This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3KVAqoYLU&feature=related

Pinstripe pride
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
well they won't say such harsh things when he signs with them, so this is a moot point

Lloyd Christmas
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Lee to resign with Texas now?

hgtiger32
10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
no effect in my opinion. He should realize how passionate Yankee fans are and realize how awesome it would be to play for them and I'm a Brewers/Red Sox fan so no homer bias here....

Gigantes4Life
10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Ah, Yankee fans. Hopefully Lee stays with Texas, as New York does not deserve him.

Also, this thread needs more Cliff Lee tags.

levignjw
10-26-2010, 02:22 PM
If he has any amount of respect for his wife he won't sign with the damn Yankees.

abe_froman
10-26-2010, 02:22 PM
well they just ****ed their chances,and so many were hoping hard to get him the past couple of years to..

oak2455
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
well they won't say such harsh things when he signs with them, so this is a moot point

Agreed he will be a Yankee, Mrs Lee will be just fine......

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM

if im lee i hope Nolan Ryan makes a Huge Offer for him to say in Texas

oak2455
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Plus she will have her own private suite:)

ritz
10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I think this could certainly help sway his decision. Ultimately, I'm sure it will come down to money. I know the article also says that the Lees and Sabathias are good friends, so that might sweeten the deal if the Yankees send Brinks trucks to his house.

In the end I think if Lee wins a ring with the Rangers and they offer him around the same money as the Yankees then he might just stay. No offense to the decent Yankees fans out there, but the Yankees' core is old, while the Rangers have a pretty young and exciting team. With Cliff Lee signed and hopefully Hamilton signed to an extension I can see him staying.

Either way I'm sure it'll be a rumor filled off-season and mostly involving those 2 teams.

oak2455
if im lee i hope Nolan Ryan makes a Huge Offer for him to say in Texas

If the Yanks want him they will get him Just ask Cliff's best friend CC.........

Ian.
Ha. As much as I hate to see him go back to Texas, it's funny to see the Yankee fans possibly **** themselves.

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:29 PM
well atlest it anit philly fans! they're Drunk fans could Barf on her

VRP723
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Everyone's talking about if the Yankees get Cliff Lee how good they'll be, if they don't get him, they'll probably be a 3rd place team.

DieHardColtsfan
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Yankees will offer the most money. (IMO). No way they will be outbid. I don't know if that will be the deciding factor though.

DieHardColtsfan
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Everyone's talking about if the Yankees get Cliff Lee how good they'll be, if they don't get him, they'll probably be a 3rd place team.

A lot of people said that this year also. Regardless of who they did or didn't sign.

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:35 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Yankees made LeBron an offer. :shrug:

the point is CC could be wrong again!

oak2455
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
the point is CC could be wrong again!

or not and that would suck:rolleyes:

Young2Kinsler
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
This probably has little bearing on his decision, but every little bit helps!

One Nut Kruk
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
If Lee signs with NYY, here's to hoping he has a season like he did in 07 :cheers:

oak2455
10-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I think its funny how much hate there is ......... listen at the end of the day he will choose what he thinks is best for him and his family..stay tuned:eyebrow:

MDfootball36
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
money talks

Ethix11
If she wears the pants, yea.

oak2455
dont worry Texas will bring the Yankees #28 AKA Rangers 2010 WS title ! you can look but you cant touch

enjoy your first....Ive seen 7:speechless:

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:41 PM
or not and that would suck:rolleyes:

lol....

Hustla23
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
If Yankees fans hurt his feelings, the Yankees will probably just give him an extra 20 million for his troubles. :shrug:

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:43 PM
enjoy your first....Ive seen 7:speechless:
really i dont give a crap! :)

oak2455
10-26-2010, 02:44 PM
lol....
Good luck tomorrow

Celtic AL
10-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Good luck tomorrow

really we will :)

ritz
10-26-2010, 02:48 PM
If Lee signs with NYY, here's to hoping he has a season like he did in 07 :cheers:

That's a pretty ****** thing to say about a guy that was traded over to your team last year and was an absolute beast, especially when it counted (read: postseason)

DasBoot
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
This makes no sense, I'm a season ticket holder in section 116 at the stadium (1st baseline)which is across from their section, section 125. (third baseline where the Texas Wives & Kids were sitting, also where my boss has his tickets and I saw the wives while saying hello to my boss)

These are 600 dollar seats during the Playoffs, 520 if you have a ticket plan. These fans are not spitting nor pouring beer on other people. Security in this area is done by 'Securitas Security Services' who don't take ***** from no one, they'll throw you out for getting into a shouting match with another fan let alone pouring beer and spitting on the opposing teams families. Upper deck or bleachers I could see this happening, not there.

One Nut Kruk
10-26-2010, 03:00 PM
That's a pretty ****** thing to say about a guy that was traded over to your team last year and was an absolute beast, especially when it counted (read: postseason)

Cliff Lee was on the Tigers last year? And they made the playoffs? :confused:

x23cbru24x
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM
If he has any amount of respect for his wife he won't sign with the damn Yankees.

hahah dude itss the ****in fans not the management or the players...ur ******** everyone is going over to top with this...Lee will sign with the Rangers or the Yankees and we all know its 50/50 untill Lee says something.

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM

what do they say about A.J. Burnett right now?

Didn't they boo A-Rod for awhile?

Yankee fans are heartless.

And to the post above yours, didn't that guy flip off the right fielder on that play? Looking classy with that crooked hat

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I think this could certainly help sway his decision. Ultimately, I'm sure it will come down to money. I know the article also says that the Lees and Sabathias are good friends, so that might sweeten the deal if the Yankees send Brinks trucks to his house.

Anyone else think this story is nothing more than a push toward spending for him in free agency?

'Well, Lee wants to play with C.C., but his wife was harassed by fans, so he could go elsewhere, you better sweeten the deal, and then he won't go to New York, ya know, to protect his wife' /sarcasm.

For the record, agents do this sort of thing, just ask the Orioles how likely they were to signing Matt Holliday last off-season. Boras said a deal was all but done before Holliday signed with the Cards....oh wait, it wasn't Boras, it was Olney...that's right /more sarcasm

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
what do they say about A.J. Burnett right now?

Didn't they boo A-Rod for awhile?

Yankee fans are heartless.

And to the post above yours, didn't that guy flip off the right fielder on that play? Looking classy with that crooked hat

wow and a few fans is the whole Yankee fanbase....... just wondering who do you root for?

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
wow and a few fans is the whole Yankee fanbase....... just wondering who do you root for?

Cardinals, Nationals, Royals, Pirates and Indians, mainly Cardinals.

You think it's just a few Yankee fans? It's not just a few, it's many. There are several good Yankee fans too, but the Yanks have some of the worst fans in baseball, bar-none. Phillies and Mets are up there too, it isn't the whole fan base, absolutely, but there are tons of bad fans that represent these three organizations. Have you ever been to any of their stadiums for a game? It is pretty awful.

Zaunnie
10-26-2010, 03:21 PM
If she wears the pants, yea.

Didn't Teixeira's wife prevent him from going to Boston?

DeyAce
10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Lee will be a White Sock this offseason.

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM

You think it's just a few Yankee fans? It's not just a few, it's many. There are several good Yankee fans too, but the Yanks have some of the worst fans in baseball, bar-none. Phillies and Mets are up there too, it isn't the whole fan base, absolutely, but there are tons of bad fans that represent these three organizations. Have you ever been to any of their stadiums for a game? It is pretty awful.

your making me laugh... have you been to many Yankee games?? or is this just your hear say....Indian fans werent they the fans who was saying **** to David Wells about his dead Mother..so just stop BTW if you been there down around were the wives sit is heavily secure..

Pierzynski4Prez
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Lee is going to be a White Sock this offseason.

book it

Lee
Buehrle
Danks
Peavy
Jackson
Floyd

6 man rotation

Rylinkus
I'm really shocked that this is a story. Every fanbase has absolutely dreadful fans. I've seen fans throwing beer, pennies, peanuts and swearing and using ethnic slurs at multiple stadiums.

oak2455

no he idolized Don Mattingly growing up and wanted to be a Yankee...dk of that story plus the Yanks paid more..

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm really shocked that this is a story. Every fanbase has absolutely dreadful fans. I've seen fans throwing beer, pennies, peanuts and swearing and using ethnic slurs at multiple stadiums.

Agreed:D

Rylinkus
10-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Get near the right group of people at ANY stadium and you'll find lousy fans. I've been to Fenway and see complete douchebags and some very nice, intelligent fans. Same in Cleveland. And Detroit. And Baltimore. And NY. Any time you gather 10K+ people together you're bound to have some complete *****.

abe_froman
10-26-2010, 03:43 PM

at a players wife???

not only that,but the wife of the player thats your top free agent target in the offseason

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Get near the right group of people at ANY stadium and you'll find lousy fans. I've been to Fenway and see complete douchebags and some very nice, intelligent fans. Same in Cleveland. And Detroit. And Baltimore. And NY. Any time you gather 10K+ people together you're bound to have some complete *****.

absolutely, even Cardinals fans have some bad fans, and were are loudly considered the best fans in baseball, yet we have some pretty ****** one's out there, especially when it comes to pointless rivalries.

Every stadium will have bad fans, but when you go to Yankee stadium, they are just really easy to spot (personal experience)

And I am not enough of an Indians fan to claim their fan base my own, same with Royals, Nationals, Pirates, hell even the Mariners. I do claim my Cardinal fan base, which I attend many games a year and am a part of. None of the others do I appear at enough games to claim them as my own.

And was the whole point of (oak) your question to find an example of bad fandom? Every single fan base has embarrassing actions, but the Yankees, Phillies, and Mets seem to have them weekly

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM
at a players wife???

not only that,but the wife of the player thats your top free agent target in the offseason

I remember when Yankee fans were calling in and saying Cliff Lee was cheating. I was surprised by that, because....isn't he the guy you want to land in a few months?

So why would you do that sort of thing and then beg and plead for the guy to join your team?

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
at a players wife???

Im not saying shes lying but there is no way that happened...not in that section maybe the bleachers:eyebrow:

papipapsmanny
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
yup that ****

Then he processed to use us as a means to drive up the yanks price, honestly what a bastard. He used the Sox to get what an extra 15 million?

To be honest 15 extra million wouldnt mean anything to me at that point when I know i am going to get 160 for sure.

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
absolutely, even Cardinals fans have some bad fans, and were are loudly considered the best fans in baseball, yet we have some pretty ****** one's out there, especially when it comes to pointless rivalries.

Every stadium will have bad fans, but when you go to Yankee stadium, they are just really easy to spot (personal experience)

And I am not enough of an Indians fan to claim their fan base my own, same with Royals, Nationals, Pirates, hell even the Mariners. I do claim my Cardinal fan base, which I attend many games a year and am a part of. None of the others do I appear at enough games to claim them as my own.

And was the whole point of (oak) your question to find an example of bad fandom? Every single fan base has embarrassing actions, but the Yankees, Phillies, and Mets seem to have them weekly

Find me weekly stuff your comical :D

abe_froman
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I remember when Yankee fans were calling in and saying Cliff Lee was cheating. I was surprised by that, because....isn't he the guy you want to land in a few months?

So why would you do that sort of thing and then beg and plead for the guy to join your team?
because he's picking apart your team for the second year in a row.so as a fan your mad at him/hate him...but its also why you want him so badly.so there's a that duality going on

North Country
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5729471

"The fans did not do good things in my heart," Kristen Lee said, according to the newspaper. "When people are staring at you, and saying horrible things, it's hard not to take it personal."

What could counter-balance Kristen Lee's bad experience is her close relationship with CC Sabathia's wife, Amber. They have been close since Sabathia and Cliff Lee played together in Cleveland.

Cliff Lee and Sabathia are friends as well. The Sabathias and Lees already were discussing where the Lees should live when it appeared as if the Yankees were going to make a trade for Lee in July.

The Yankees are expected to make Lee their No. 1 free agent target. He will likely receive a deal in the five-to-seven year range at $100 million to $150 million. It also could be Lee's final major contract; he turns 33 during next season.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not trying to start any trouble here, and I'm not calling out Yankees fans. But I was just wondering if you guys think there's a chance this could affect his desire to play for the Yankees. The article clearly states that the Lees and Sabathias are great friends, so maybe this has no effect on Lee's mind regarding the Yankees. What do yall think?

That's just Yankees fans being Yankees fans. It would be hilarious if this was the reason he didn't sign with New York.

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Find me weekly stuff your comical :D

I don't need to, it's easy to find.

because he's picking apart your team for the second year in a row.so as a fan your mad at him/hate him...but its also why you want him so badly.so there's a that duality going on

And absolutely true. You love to hate the guy that beats you.

Part of why so many people hate the Yankees...They being great drives baseball, and it's fun to see how poorly fans react to it.

papipapsmanny
10-26-2010, 03:53 PM
also If Lee goes to Texas ill just laugh, what will the yankees do that they can't sign the top FA?

Feel like every other team in the offseason.... or go sign the other CC to a major contract (that would be hilarious) since they are an extremely reactionary team and are prone to stupid moves when they fail to make the one they want.

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh boy the Yankee hate is great see you next year with Lee and his lovely wife.....

Jeffy25
yup that ****

Then he processed to use us as a means to drive up the yanks price, honestly what a bastard. He used the Sox to get what an extra 15 million?

To be honest 15 extra million wouldnt mean anything to me at that point when I know i am going to get 160 for sure.

and the Orioles ;)

Boras is pretty good about dropping articles around town about who his free agent is gonna sign.

oak2455
I don't need to, it's easy to find.

And absolutely true. You love to hate the guy that beats you.

Part of why so many people hate the Yankees...They being great drives baseball, and it's fun to see how poorly fans react to it.

find it talk is cheap

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:55 PM
and the Orioles ;)

Boras is pretty good about dropping articles around town about who his free agent is gonna sign.

they were only 60 million off they offered a 100

abe_froman
10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh boy the Yankee hate is great see you next year with Lee and his lovely wife.....

well with what she said,it throws that dream in doubt now doesnt it.a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of you guys.

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
well with what she said,it throws that dream in doubt now doesnt it.a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of you guys.

he'll be a Yank

oak2455
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I cant wait for the WS to be over get Lee and move on and watch the Redsox finish in third again...that would be epic

papipapsmanny
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM

difference between yankees fans I know and myself.

The Redsox could be winning the division, have won the first two games of a series against the yankees and Ill barely say a word except "did you see the game"

The yankees go on to win game thee and a couple of my yankee fan friends will have the audacity to talk endless amounts of trash.

Also they love jumping the gun (Matsuzaka, 2004 ALCS, Hopefully Cliff Lee)

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 03:59 PM
find it talk is cheap

I absolutely do not have to, it's juvenile, pointless, and ridiculous. Just read this very thread, and see how many people hate the yankees and their fans, the senseless actions they do, people have written many articles about bad Yankees fans.

And I am the only non-Yankee fan that actually defends you guys. Especially when it comes to salary cap conversations etc. Beware of who you are poking. It's easy to find examples of Yankee fans being bad sports, just this very conversation, calling into the radio station to say Lee is cheating, booing your own players, etc etc etc. It isn't hard to find examples, and I don't need to share examples with you so you can pass a 'blame game' back and forth with me, I don't really care. I will say that I have never had a pleasant experience in Yankees Stadium, and I have been there 6 or 7 times in my life (haven't been to the new stadium yet).

It's stupid, do a google search if you are having a hard time finding things.

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
I cant wait for the WS to be over get Lee and move on and watch the Redsox finish in third again...that would be epic

so your response of positive Yankee-fandom, is doing exactly what the Red Sox poster is talking about?

papipapsmanny

I can make blind statements too

Can't wait for the Redsox to win in 11, and watch the yanks come in 4th place

look I did it, and the Red Sox got no better, and the yanks no worse after saying it, maybe if I were 4 years old I would believe I did something to affect the teams play.

oak2455
difference between yankees fans I know and myself.

The Redsox could be winning the division, have won the first two games of a series against the yankees and Ill barely say a word except "did you see the game"

The yankees go on to win game thee and a couple of my yankee fan friends will have the audacity to talk endless amounts of trash.

Also they love jumping the gun (Matsuzaka, 2004 ALCS, Hopefully Cliff Lee)

I know a lot of Sox fans too and they talk tons of **** thats all fans.. all.. so stop please... been to Fenway plenty of times and there are some real bad fans there...

oak2455
10-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I can make blind statements too

Can't wait for the Redsox to win in 11, and watch the yanks come in 4th place

look I did it, and the Red Sox got no better, and the yanks no worse after saying it, maybe if I were 4 years old I would believe I did something to affect the teams play.

ok Im sure you'll be in the Yankee forum like always talking stuff:D

papipapsmanny
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
And thats how you tell a bandwagon Red Sox fan from a actual one, a real sox fan is uncomfortable saying its in the bad we won.

A post 04,07 bandwagon sox fan acts like its a given

10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
It seems that as soon as the Yankees are eliminated all other MLB fans obsess over them. PSD posters = secret Yankees fans.

Jeffy25
10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I know a lot of Sox fans too and they talk tons of **** thats all fans.. all.. so stop please... been to Fenway plenty of times and there are some real bad fans there...

pissing matches......houray!

oak2455
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
It seems that as soon as the Yankees are eliminated all other MLB fans obsess over them. PSD posters = secret Yankees fans.

Agreed and if they won it wouldve been their payroll the hits just keep coming:D

Kelly Gruber
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Let's not downplay the wife's say on things. We all know women after all. She's also from Arkansas and it would be much easier on them travel-wise to stay in Texas. I think a lot has to do with whether or not the Rangers win the World Series. If they do, they could let him walk and reap the rewards of a Championship season without him, if they lose, they will probably try and bring him back in an effort to get back to the WS.

Doubt "rude" fans have anything to do with it. We all know what Yankee fans are like...

amoore87
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
he should stay in tx if thats the case..but we all kno money-talks

DodgerB24
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Agreed and if they won it wouldve been their payroll the hits just keep coming:D

Can you stop being an idiot? :facepalm:

One Nut Kruk
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Can you stop being an idiot? :facepalm:

I'm going to guess that the answer is a no.

Gigantes4Life
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
A lot of people said that this year also. Regardless of who they did or didn't sign.

If the Red Sox didn't suffer all those injuries the Yankees WOULD have been a 3rd place team, so it's not a stretch.

RenegadeRiot36
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
It amazes me how ****ing stupid some people are... If this is what keeps Cliff lee from signing with the Yankees...:facepalm:

10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Let's not downplay the wife's say on things. We all know women after all. She's also from Arkansas and it would be much easier on them travel-wise to stay in Texas. I think a lot has to do with whether or not the Rangers win the World Series. If they do, they could let him walk and reap the rewards of a Championship season without him, if they lose, they will probably try and bring him back in an effort to get back to the WS.

Doubt "rude" fans have anything to do with it. We all know what Yankee fans are like...

I'm pretty sure they would buy a house in Jersey close to the Sabathia's which means travel would not be an issue. Your theory about the WS is actually opposite of what I think would happen.

Rangers win = Yankees lose a big incentive to bring Lee to New York (chance to win a WS). He would already have a ring and a nice contract offered by the Rangers.

Rangers lose = Playing for the Yankees looks like the better option since they have a better chance at winning a WS during the lifetime of Lee's contract compared to the Rangers. Of course the big contract does not hurt.

Lee wants to get paid since he will be 33 and it's his first and last big contract of his career. He also wants a ring.

10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
If the Red Sox didn't suffer all those injuries the Yankees WOULD have been a 3rd place team, so it's not a stretch.

If Seattle did not back out of the Lee deal the Yankees would be in the WS. It's easy to look back and say "if this or that did or did not happen."

ritz
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Cliff Lee was on the Tigers last year? And they made the playoffs? :confused:

My bad, wrong of me to assume, but I figured by your avatar and user name you were a Phillies fan. I was a bit suspicious, though considering I frequent the Phillies forum often and had never seen you in there and you have over 7K posts. Haha

Giants88
10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi Haters

Rylinkus
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
at a players wife???

So long as they offer beer at stadiums, yes, there will always be absolutely ridiculous fans.

Rylinkus
10-26-2010, 04:43 PM

I totally agree. I could absolutely see Lee returning to Texas. Seems close to home, they seem to like it there, and Texas should make a competitive offer.

And to the latter part, anyone who pretends their teams don't have bad fans are either biased or naive. Every team has despicable fans.

NYY09
10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
If any Yankees fan wonders why people hate the Yankees, look no farther than the douchebag that caught the possibly fan interference Cano HR ball. That guy is a disgrace.

A bit Holier than thou i see... Dude, a guy caught a ball at a game that wasnt even close to Jeffery Meier-ish. Calling him a disgrace and a douchebag is a bit much, dont you think....?

Or actually, in light of you being a Met fan, most Yankee fans, or any other for that matter, shouldnt feel in the least bit bothered by your comments.

North Country
10-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Lee's agent Darek Braunecker told ESPN's Andrew Marchand, "The story is not an issue to us. Her experience in New York is certainly a non-issue. She enjoys New York as much as anyone enjoys New York."

Sounds like they're trying to spin this that Lee is still interested in New York in order to get Texas to increase whatever offer they're going to make to him. If they were trying to drive up the asking price from New York, they probably would have used the wife's comments as leverage instead of passing them off as a non-issue.

10-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Sounds like they're trying to spin this that Lee is still interested in New York in order to get Texas to increase whatever offer they're going to make to him. If they were trying to drive up the asking price from New York, they probably would have used the wife's comments as leverage instead of passing them off as a non-issue.

Most likely Lee/Agent told the wife to shut up. I highly doubt he is no longer interested in NY.

SaltyLover
10-26-2010, 05:50 PM
I dont get why you'd want to go to a team that just got utterly destroyed by your current team. But whatever.

And the whole him and CC being friends is a weak argument. Do you honestly think he has no friends on the Rangers? Fwiw him and CJ have become fast friends.

sixer04fan
10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I dont get why you'd want to go to a team that just got utterly destroyed by your current team. But whatever.

And the whole him and CC being friends is a weak argument. Do you honestly think he has no friends on the Rangers? Fwiw him and CJ have become fast friends.

Good points here

Zaunnie
10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Most likely Lee/Agent told the wife to shut up. I highly doubt he is no longer interested in NY.

they told her to stop *****ing and to get back in the kitchen.

Robbw241
10-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Doesn't know her place :pity:

10-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Because it was one series and does not mean the same thing would happen next season or 2-3 seasons from now. I think a large part of what happens depend on how the Rangers do in the WS. No ring and he might sign with the team that gives him the $ and the best chance to win a ring season after season.

otwisted
10-26-2010, 06:09 PM
It just shows the ignorance of Yankee fans. They obviously know he was going to be a target of the team in the offseason so they harrass his wife. Brilliant.

sep11ie
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Since when have women been allowed to go to baseball games? What next, are we gonna let them vote?

Gigantes4Life
10-26-2010, 07:19 PM
If Seattle did not back out of the Lee deal the Yankees would be in the WS. It's easy to look back and say "if this or that did or did not happen."

I wasn't playing the what if game really, just defending a perfectly credible opinion. It's very plausible the Yankees could miss the playoffs next year.

yankeefan54
10-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I wasn't playing the what if game really, just defending a perfectly credible opinion. It's very plausible the Yankees could miss the playoffs next year.

A rotation of LEE and CC will not miss the playoffs

oak2455
10-26-2010, 07:57 PM

nahhhh since they missed it once in 15 years sorry try again:D They had 95 wins with a team that didnt play well for the last month of the season didnt pitch well or hit well had a lot of question marks.... They will be back with some new additions and pitching help and that is going to make them a much better team.. Jorge Posada will not catch insert Jesus Montero or Austine Romine which will make a big difference...I cant wait let the rumors fly.....BTW good luck on Wednesday hope its a great series dk who I'm rooting for, but my friend works for the Giants and if they win he gets a ring so I guess the Giants:D

Jack of Blades
10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Lee's not going anywhere. See my sig.

/thread

North Country
10-26-2010, 08:17 PM
A rotation of LEE and CC will not miss the playoffs

If Pettitte retires, the rest of the rotation's going to consist of a 34 year old AJ Burnett, Phil Hughes and ???. Adding a front of the rotation starter to the Yankees rotation is a necessity, not a luxury. They could definitely sign Lee and still miss the playoffs, especially their older position players continue to decline.

North Country
10-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Lee's not going anywhere. See my sig.

/thread

I agree. In Texas he's a lot closer to his family than he'd be in New York and I doubt the first thing that the new ownership does in Texas is going to be to let the ace of the staff walk away. They're going to offer him a ton of money.

North Country
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM

No longer intersted in New York? Who's to say he was ever interested in going to New York? Just because the Yankees really want/need him doesn't mean he wants to play for them.

Swishalicious
10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
These threads are so lame. Idk how many threads in the past week had to with hate on yankees and their fans. "Who is to blame for the Yankee downfall" "No satisfaction in being a yankee fan anymore" "Yankee fans think Lee is cheating" "Buy their Rings?" and now this one.

If you want to post something "yankee" related, go to the yankee forum. Baseball IS NOT the New York Yankees. The Yankees dont need more publicity and you haters aren't helping your cause by being obsessed with writing these type of threads, you make it obvious that the haters are secretly jealous because they want their team to be the best team in sports history.

So lets get creative and make some threads about the World Series, Giants and Rangers!!

MacFitz92
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Doesn't suprise me at all.

Gigantes4Life
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
These threads are so lame. Idk how many threads in the past week had to with hate on yankees and their fans. "Who is to blame for the Yankee downfall" "No satisfaction in being a yankee fan anymore" "Yankee fans think Lee is cheating" "Buy their Rings?" and now this one.

If you want to post something "yankee" related, go to the yankee forum. Baseball IS NOT the New York Yankees. The Yankees dont need more publicity and you haters aren't helping your cause by being obsessed with writing these type of threads, you make it obvious that the haters are secretly jealous because they want their team to be the best team in sports history.

So lets get creative and make some threads about the World Series, Giants and Rangers!!

And half of those threads were created by Yankee fan themselves. See the problem?

el_primo_nano
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
he said it doesnt change his or her mind on coming here, but situations like this make decent Yankee fans look like douchbags:facepalm:

NYYCowboys
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I googled his wife, and she's pretty hefty. He must cheat on her on the road. But anyway he will still sign with the Yankees 5 years 135 mil lock it up.

avrpatsfan
10-26-2010, 08:43 PM

Wow what a loser. Pretty funny though. I don't see this having any affect but you never know.

SouljahPhil...
10-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Lee says 'fools' won't affect free agency decision

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The wife of ace left-hander Cliff Lee was among family members of Texas Rangers players subjected to obscenities and taunts during the AL championship series at Yankee Stadium. She said fans even were spitting at them from a higher section.
"I brush that off as fans being fans. You can't control 50,000 people and what they're going to do," Lee said Tuesday, the day before pitching Game 1 of the World Series for Texas. "There were some people that were spitting off the balcony on the family section and things like that, and that's kind of weak, but what can you do?"
The Yankees are expected to be one of the bidders for Lee when he is eligible to be a free agent after the World Series.

When asked, Lee said what happened last week during the ALCS wouldn't have any impact on his offseason decision.
"No, I don't know the guy that did it. It could be anyone. Who knows? Who cares?," Lee said. "They're at home right now."
Lee's wife, Kristen, was sitting with other Rangers family and friends in the visiting family section at Yankee Stadium during the playoffs.

"Some people get a little alcohol in them and act inappropriate," Cliff Lee said. "There's so many people there you can't control them all. I know it's been made into a big deal, but that's really all it is, just two or three or four people just acting like fools, and 50,000, you can't group them all together. But there's always going to be a couple goofballs in the crowd that think they have a right to do that stuff."

Lee, acquired by Texas from Seattle on July 9, is getting ready to start Game 1 of the World Series for the second year in a row. Last year it was for Philadelphia, which traded him to the Mariners the same day the Phillies acquired Roy Halladay. He had been with Cleveland before that.
This time, Lee will get to pick where he plays.

"He has a chance to win here for a long time," Rangers teammate Jeff Francoeur said Tuesday. "At the end of the day, I think he's going to be between Texas and the Yankees. He'll wind up in one of those places."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/10/26/rangers.lee.ap/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz13ZhEQ9S4

Right out of cliff lee's mouth...LOL

some people here just love to generalize all fans...Unlike cliff lee who is not so stupid at all..

Swishalicious
10-26-2010, 08:47 PM
And half of those threads were created by Yankee fan themselves. See the problem?

So the problem is that there were two moron yankee fans and three moron yankee haters? That's the problem. Another problem is that I know you are insinuating that yankee fans are the root of all evil. Stop generalizing the actions of a few fans and attributing their characteristics to all yankee fans.

SouljahPhil...
10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
If Pettitte retires, the rest of the rotation's going to consist of a 34 year old AJ Burnett, Phil Hughes and ???. Adding a front of the rotation starter to the Yankees rotation is a necessity, not a luxury. They could definitely sign Lee and still miss the playoffs, especially their older position players continue to decline.

Pettite won't return if cliff lee signs with us...The chance of another world series greatly increases...I think Jete and Posada would decline..As for Arod pending any injury he will still produce for us..But if montero continue to improve Posada could be move to dh and Montero catching..

oak2455
10-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Pettite won't return if cliff lee signs with us...The chance of another world series greatly increases...I think Jete and Posada would decline..As for Arod pending any injury he will still produce for us..But if montero continue to improve Posada could be move to dh and Montero catching..

Your right Lee on the Yanks wont make the playoffs:facepalm: he's a hater they won 95 games without Lee and whoever else they get or put into their lineup...its going to be a great offseason:clap:

oak2455
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM

Actually Andy will be back I heard Micheal Kay say he wants another year so yea Lee CC Andy Hughes and Nova would really suck:D I don't think so....

Jack of Blades
10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I googled his wife, and she's pretty hefty. He must cheat on her on the road. But anyway he will still sign with the Yankees 5 years 135 mil lock it up.

Wanna make a sig bet on where Lee ends up?

.its going to be a great offseason:clap:

Enjoy the offseason :laugh2: Ours hasn't even started yet.

10-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Lee says 'fools' won't affect free agency decision

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The wife of ace left-hander Cliff Lee was among family members of Texas Rangers players subjected to obscenities and taunts during the AL championship series at Yankee Stadium. She said fans even were spitting at them from a higher section.
"I brush that off as fans being fans. You can't control 50,000 people and what they're going to do," Lee said Tuesday, the day before pitching Game 1 of the World Series for Texas. "There were some people that were spitting off the balcony on the family section and things like that, and that's kind of weak, but what can you do?"
The Yankees are expected to be one of the bidders for Lee when he is eligible to be a free agent after the World Series.

When asked, Lee said what happened last week during the ALCS wouldn't have any impact on his offseason decision.
"No, I don't know the guy that did it. It could be anyone. Who knows? Who cares?," Lee said. "They're at home right now."
Lee's wife, Kristen, was sitting with other Rangers family and friends in the visiting family section at Yankee Stadium during the playoffs.

"Some people get a little alcohol in them and act inappropriate," Cliff Lee said. "There's so many people there you can't control them all. I know it's been made into a big deal, but that's really all it is, just two or three or four people just acting like fools, and 50,000, you can't group them all together. But there's always going to be a couple goofballs in the crowd that think they have a right to do that stuff."

Lee, acquired by Texas from Seattle on July 9, is getting ready to start Game 1 of the World Series for the second year in a row. Last year it was for Philadelphia, which traded him to the Mariners the same day the Phillies acquired Roy Halladay. He had been with Cleveland before that.
This time, Lee will get to pick where he plays.

"He has a chance to win here for a long time," Rangers teammate Jeff Francoeur said Tuesday. "At the end of the day, I think he's going to be between Texas and the Yankees. He'll wind up in one of those places."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/10/26/rangers.lee.ap/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz13ZhEQ9S4

Right out of cliff lee's mouth...LOL

some people here just love to generalize all fans...Unlike cliff lee who is not so stupid at all..

Like I said in the Yankees forum this was done by a few fans and Cliff Lee is smart enough to realize that.

eXpLiiCt
10-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I guess he's not signing here.

GJ Yankee fans

oak2455
10-26-2010, 10:00 PM

Like Ive said before enjoy your first WS ive seen 7 chips thats not too bad......but good luck serious

NYYCowboys
10-27-2010, 12:34 AM

Sure. If Cliff Lee signs with the Yankees you hafta get a Cliff Lee sig wearing a Yankees uniform with his quote at his Yankees press conference about how great it is to be a Yankee, kinda like your sig now. And if he signs with Texas I will put a Texas Rangers AL Champs/WS Champs or anything else within reason?

Jack of Blades
10-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Sure. If Cliff Lee signs with the Yankees you hafta get a Cliff Lee sig wearing a Yankees uniform with his quote at his Yankees press conference about how great it is to be a Yankee, kinda like your sig now. And if he signs with Texas I will put a Texas Rangers AL Champs/WS Champs or anything else within reason?

That sounds about right lol. If Lee goes to NY and I forget just let me know.

One Nut Kruk
10-27-2010, 01:20 AM
My bad, wrong of me to assume, but I figured by your avatar and user name you were a Phillies fan. I was a bit suspicious, though considering I frequent the Phillies forum often and had never seen you in there and you have over 7K posts. Haha

Yeah I knew why you assumed that. I just like being a dick sometimes lol.

papipapsmanny
10-27-2010, 01:34 AM

she is the kitchen

Tabbert
10-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Cliff Lee Still Interested In Yankees, Despite Yankees Fans
We don't know if anyone ever told you, but sports fans are *******s. Which is fine when someone makes the unforgivable mistake of wearing a Red Sox hat in the bleachers of Yankee Stadium, but not when the target of the drunken mockery is the wife of a player the Yankees are trying to sign.

Cliff Lee, who helped lead Texas to victory over the Yankees in the ALCS, will become a free agent at the end of the season and the Yankees are seriously considering trying to sign him (again). But during the ALCS series in New York, Yankees fans were jeering Lee's wife, Kristen, spitting and throwing beer at her (the way they did with the Rangers' bullpen!). She said, "The fans did not do good things in my heart. When people are staring at you, and saying horrible things, it's hard not to take it personal."

However, Cliff Lee says their behavior isn't going to color his feelings about becoming a Yankee. "I brush that off as fans being fans. You can't control 50,000 people and what they're going to do," he said. "There were some people that were spitting off the balcony on the family section and things like that, and that's kind of weak, but what can you do?" He added that though his wife was rattled, Lee said the incident didn't affect his wife's view of New York. "Her experience in New York is certainly a non-issue. She enjoys New York as much as anyone enjoys New York." If it makes her feel any better, at least these Yankees fans didn't get violent.

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/27/yankees_fans_could_cost_yankees_cli.php

EaglesJackson10
10-27-2010, 11:56 AM

That's funny because there are rumors going around that him and his family liked philly so much that he might be willing to take a pay cut to go back.

nithanyo
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
That's funny because there are rumors going around that him and his family liked philly so much that he might be willing to take a pay cut to go back.

Halladay
Lee
Hamels
Oswalt
X

:speechless:

Best rotation in baseballl......History??

YankeesR#2
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I think people here are missing the point.

If I was at a game and I saw someone spitting or throwing beer on a woman, I would say "Stop that" and if they wouldn't I'd find a way to stop them.

Any decent person would do the same and therein lies the problem. It's not that there were ignorant people misbehaving, there are ignorant people everywhere, it's that there weren't any decent people to stop them from misbehaving.

That's New York, that's yankee fans.

If you can read between the lines,

"She enjoys New York as much as anyone enjoys New York"

means- She doesn't hate New York any more than the average person does because the average person doesn't like New York.

Players sign with the yankees becasue they pay much more than anyone else. With the lack of a state income tax in Texas and the 40% luxury tax in New York, I don't think the yankees can offer much more than anyone else in this case.

If you take that into consideration it will cost the yankees about 30 milion for Cliff Lee to get 20 million. I'm not sure about Texas's luxury tax situation but I don't believe they pay one. So it will cost them 20 million for Cliff Lee to get 20 million.

With those types of numbers it will be hard for the yankees to "blow anyone out of the water" with their offer. So it will come down to the intangibles such as "Do you really want to live with this type of people? "(or to be fair do you want to play on the same team as CC?). Right now he is building those type of relationships with his teammates on the Rangers.

North Country
10-27-2010, 02:32 PM

If I was at a game and I saw someone spitting or throwing beer on a woman, I would say "Stop that" and if they wouldn't I'd find a way to stop them.

Any decent person would do the same and therein lies the problem. It's not that there were ignorant people misbehaving, there are ignorant people everywhere, it's that there weren't any decent people to stop them from misbehaving.

means- She doesn't hate New York any more than the average person does because the average person doesn't like New York.

Players sign with the yankees becasue they pay much more than anyone else. With the lack of a state income tax in Texas and the 40% luxury tax in New York, I don't think the yankees can offer much more than anyone else in this case.

If you take that into consideration it will cost the yankees about 30 milion for Cliff Lee to get 20 million. I'm not sure about Texas's luxury tax situation but I don't believe they pay one. So it will cost them 20 million for Cliff Lee to get 20 million.

With those types of numbers it will be hard for the yankees to "blow anyone out of the water" with their offer. So it will come down to the intangibles such as "Do you really want to live with this type of people? "(or to be fair do you want to play on the same team as CC?). Right now he is building those type of relationships with his teammates on the Rangers.

Some interesting points. If the Rangers offered Lee a deal with $24 million a year, the Yankees would have to offer him a deal worth $26 million a year for him to make the same amount of money given New York's income tax. And that $26 million a year deal would cost the Yankees $36 million a year when you factor in the luxury tax.

And if Texas and New York offer him the same amount of income, I don't see why he'd leave Texas. It will cost the Yankees closer to $40 million a year to sign Lee if the Rangers offer him a $24 million a year deal.

Bo Sox Fan
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Although I see the Yankees eventually offering the highest bid for Lee, I really can't see Texas being to far off, and eventually retaining THERE ace.

With the Rangers huge new tv deal, and added income from this seasons ALDS, ALCS and now World Series, I really believe Cliff will just stay put.

I anticipate the following offers:

New York - 6 Years, $25 million / per.
Texas - 5 Years w/a 6th year team option, $23 million / per.

The negotiations and millions will be so high that $$$ won't become a factor to him anymore, instead I see Lee realizing Texas has a young talented team and have no real competition in there division to get back to the playoffs while on the other hand,

New York's core players in Jeter, ARod, Riviera, Pettite, Posada are all over 35 and won't be around much longer after the first 2 years of his contract (if he were to choose NY) and the playoff threats of Boston and Tampa Bay knocking on the door day in and day out challenging for the division.

Anyways at the end of the day he still gets his money from Texas, is comfortable there and eventually, RESIGNS.

Sorry Yankee fans, you can't have em' all!

Tabbert
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
If Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan think they’ll continue to be a force in the AL West with the nearly $65M payroll of 2010 then they need to guess again. It will take in the vicinity of $100M and the TV deal is supposed to be used for debt paydown on the purchase of the team last summer.
They had better ride this wave and enjoy it because dynasty doesn’t fit their business model.

theslick1
10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Some interesting points. If the Rangers offered Lee a deal with $24 million a year, the Yankees would have to offer him a deal worth $26 million a year for him to make the same amount of money given New York's income tax. And that $26 million a year deal would cost the Yankees $36 million a year when you factor in the luxury tax.

And if Texas and New York offer him the same amount of income, I don't see why he'd leave Texas. It will cost the Yankees closer to $40 million a year to sign Lee if the Rangers offer him a $24 million a year deal.

States tax athletes based on the number of games played within the state. Cliff Lee plays 81 games in Texas, but he plays 81 games in other states that have income tax systems. That means he is subject to California income tax on part of his salary (i.e., games played in Anaheim), New York income tax on part of his salary, etc. Atheletes can be required to file a dozen or more state income tax returns depending on how many states they played in during the year. It is still, of course, cheaper for Lee to play in Texas than in New York, since half of his income is not subject to state tax, but it's not like he completely escapes state income tax by playing in Texas.

The luxury tax is is 40% on payroll in excess of $178 million, so it would cost the Yankees 140% of whatever Lee's salary turns out to be. I'm not sure that will as much of a deterrent to them signing him though, as it hasn't deterred them from signing other large contracts.

Tabbert
10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
i don't understand why people are making a huge deal of the state taxes. Using that logic on every player the yankees have signed they have been out tons of money due to taxes. When they signed cc to the mega deal it turned out to be much more money because of new york state taxes. I don't see how this deal would be any different in the minds of the yankees front office. It's not like these guys don't know about the state tax of new york and how much more they will be out because of them. When they offer 25 million a year to a player its because they know what the taxes will be and they are fully aware of the final cost. I know that there is no state tax in texas but when they signed cc sabathia ( lets just say texas was in the running for him) it would not have deterred the yankees from signing the exact same deal for cc. So, i really don't think the taxes will play a major role.

Rylinkus
10-27-2010, 03:34 PM

It hardly is. My sister got a beer poured on her @ Fenway. No army of Boston fans ran to her rescue. One wandered and found security. I don't condemn fans. Often times the sober and respectful fans don't want to deal with the drunk ignorant ones. And to try to play stadium hero will most likely only result in you getting into an incident with someone whose drank one too many 9 dollar beers.

If you go to enough games and stadiums, you'll find this is nothing special. I've seen random BS at plenty of games in plenty of stadiums from the MLB level to AA. (Never been to a single A game.) Beer makes a lot of people act in incredibly inappropriate manners.

Honestly, I'm shocked how many fans want to feel that their team is immune to this and doesn't have bad fans. EVERY team has bad fans.

TheNatural
10-27-2010, 03:54 PM
The tv deal is intended for debt paydown?

Hmm, I didn't realize the rangers are in the hole 2 billion dollars.

The ownership has already said that payroll is going up in the coming years. They estimated 90-95 million before the tv deal was even released.

If the Yankees get Cliff Lee, great for them. Remember that Lee didn't score an average of over 6 runs a game in the ALCS against the mighty Yankees. Eventually, the Yankees are going to have to find some players that aren't dinosaurs and can hit the ball and field their positions well. They got Sabathia who was supposed to be the second coming of Christ and he couldn't win it by himself. Free up the 55 million in ARod and Jeter and get 4 quality 4+ WAR players.

Of course if I was a good player, say Crawford, Beltre, Lee... I wouldn't go to New York for anything less than 125% of what any other team would pay. Why wouldn't you? It's capitalism. New York is like that little old lady with a '57 bel air in her garage that she wants $1,500 for. Anyone that can jump in and get a piece of that is going to jump all over it.

ricomactaco
10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
If I were Cliff Lee, I too would brush off the whole incident with my wife at Yankee stadium. He needs there to be no doubt he's interested in the Yankees to drive his price up. He also needs to keep his wife from talking too much about how much she likes Texas so its not so obvious he wants to resign there.

hype707
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Halladay
Lee
Hamels
Oswalt
X

:speechless:

Best rotation in baseballl......History??

i hope that doesnt happen.... cuz that would be un beatable

Swishalicious
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM

You really just hate yankee fans, and there lies the problem. Nothing will change your mind that yankee fans are evil. You need to take a step back and realize that the actions of a few idiots does not represent all yankee fans. And were you there? Do you know if anyone stepped in? No, you don't, so stop talking like you know every yankee fan. I'm glad Cliff Lee doesn't generalize the situation like you.

ragman
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Lee to resign with Texas now?

It depends on what Lee wants.

If he wants money, he should sign with the Yankees, because I don't think the Rangers can match the Yankees offer. If he wants to win, he should re-sign with the Rangers, because they're younger.

Most of the Yankees are getting older, especially Jeter. If you watched the Yankees-Rangers series you saw that most of the Rangers hits went between 3B and SS. Jeter just isn't mobile as he used to be.

I just wonder if the Yankees front office has the guts to tell Jeter to go play LF, should they find a younger, more mobile SS.

ShinobiNYC
10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
This makes no sense, I'm a season ticket holder in section 116 at the stadium (1st baseline)which is across from their section, section 125. (third baseline where the Texas Wives & Kids were sitting, also where my boss has his tickets and I saw the wives while saying hello to my boss)

These are 600 dollar seats during the Playoffs, 520 if you have a ticket plan. These fans are not spitting nor pouring beer on other people. Security in this area is done by 'Securitas Security Services' who don't take ***** from no one, they'll throw you out for getting into a shouting match with another fan let alone pouring beer and spitting on the opposing teams families. Upper deck or bleachers I could see this happening, not there.

+1...A tactic to drive the price up for the Yanks?

North Country
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
+1...A tactic to drive the price up for the Yanks?

If he was trying to drive the price up for the Yankees, why would did his agent immediately issue a statement saying it was a non-factor? If anything, it sounds like he's trying to act like he's interested in the Yankees to drive the price up from Texas.

oak2455
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I love the Yankee hate... bc when he signS with the Yanks I will be LMAO:clap::clap:

Swishalicious
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
If he was trying to drive the price up for the Yankees, why would did his agent immediately issue a statement saying it was a non-factor? If anything, it sounds like he's trying to act like he's interested in the Yankees to drive the price up from Texas.

That's what I was thinking. Either he is being a fair and reasonable person, hasn't decided on where he wants to go yet, or is driving up the $... or a combo

oak2455
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM

I actually agree with this bc he knows the Yanks will offer the most and some say more than what CC recieved....which would be crazy. if thats the case just sign Lee and get some bullpen help and thats it...

Joe88
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

she would probably be in a coma now after being hit with batteries :eyebrow:

STOLEN BASE
10-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Bottom line...Yankee fans spit on Lee's wife...and in general just disrespected a women who was defenseless towards them because her husband was kicking Yankee azz. Why? Because most Yankee fans are classless.

hugepatsfan
10-27-2010, 08:46 PM
It depends on what Lee wants.

If he wants money, he should sign with the Yankees, because I don't think the Rangers can match the Yankees offer. If he wants to win, he should re-sign with the Rangers, because they're younger.

Most of the Yankees are getting older, especially Jeter. If you watched the Yankees-Rangers series you saw that most of the Rangers hits went between 3B and SS. Jeter just isn't mobile as he used to be.

I just wonder if the Yankees front office has the guts to tell Jeter to go play LF, should they find a younger, more mobile SS.

TEX is younger. And they always will be. The question TEX will have to answer for Lee is whether or not they can afford to lock up all that young talent. Lee will probably make 23 mil of resigned. Hamilton is supposedly working on an extension that I'd expect to be around the 20 mil per that Maur got. That's 43 mil right there that TEX will have locked up long term. We don't know what their payroll will be for the future. I think TEX is going to have to really break down their financial future w/ Lee if they want to keep him. Because he knows the Yanks will field a competitive team for 6 years. We don't know what the financial future of Texas is - they could only be good for 3 years before everyone leaves for more money. Or they could expand payroll to 150 mil and lock everyone up. No one knows at this point.

10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Lee got rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't want him anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

pistonsfanomg
10-27-2010, 11:21 PM

lol

Swishalicious
10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Bottom line...Yankee fans spit on Lee's wife...and in general just disrespected a women who was defenseless towards them because her husband was kicking Yankee azz. Why? Because most Yankee fans are classless.

No, more like a random group of people were classless drunks. No yankee fans like what they did and all yankee fans are bashing these idiots for what they did. Every team has a group of moron fans and if you are so ignorant that u can't realize that, maybe you shouldn't be posting on these boards.;)

oak2455
10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
No, more like a random group of people were classless drunks. No yankee fans like what they did and all yankee fans are bashing these idiots for what they did. Every team has a group of moron fans and if you are so ignorant that u can't realize that, maybe you shouldn't be posting on these boards.;)

why even bother he has two post he's just baiting.........

M's Fan2411
10-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Lee didnt really sound upset when they asked him about the situation...so I think this means that he will sign with the Yankees, plus they will offer the most money...but man If I was Cliff Lee I would say to the media Im not signing with the Yanks because of this...so that those 3 or 4 fans can get their *** kicked or something.. Plus I hate the Yanks and Yanks fans...but my guess is that Lee will sign with the yanks like a little....

Bo Sox Fan
10-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Lee got rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't want him anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

LMAO

That is what Yankee fans were saying about Mariano Riveira after he BLEW the 2004 ALCS in games 4 AND 5 when you THOUGHT YOU HAD WON!

LMAO SOME MORE!!

oak2455
10-28-2010, 01:10 AM
I love when people talk **** then come into other forums won two championships in like 90 plus years thats some funny stuff...LMAOOOOOO

Btw lets get Lee and be back on top

Lee
CC
Andy Pettitte
AJ
Hughes

and Nova in the wings:speechless:

Bo Sox Fan
10-28-2010, 01:17 AM
I love when people talk **** then come into other forums won two championships in like 90 plus years thats some funny stuff...LMAOOOOOO

Btw lets get Lee and be back on top

Lee
CC
Andy Pettitte
AJ
Hughes

and Nova in the wings:speechless:

Let's rephrase that, 2 World Series Titles in the last 6 years (more than Yankee fans can brag about)

And when Lee resigns with Texas your stuck with:

CC Sabathia (just had his first of many surgery's due to overweightness, on the decline)
AJ Burnette (overpaid headcase, your stuck with for 3 more years)
Andy Pettite (one of few Yankees I respect, but will probably retire)
Javier Vazquez (how did that work out for yah, good thing he's a FA)
Phil Hughes (has potential I'll give you that)

So all-in-all, your rotation is a mess. When healthy you would be salivating to have Bucholz as your #2, but he's our #4 starter, that's fine.

Pete Dahh Sneak
10-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Let's rephrase that, 2 World Series Titles in the last 6 years (more than Yankee fans can brag about)

And when Lee resigns with Texas your stuck with:

CC Sabathia (just had his first of many surgery's due to overweightness, on the decline)
AJ Burnette (overpaid headcase, your stuck with for 3 more years)
Andy Pettite (one of few Yankees I respect, but will probably retire)
Javier Vazquez (how did that work out for yah, good thing he's a FA)
Phil Hughes (has potential I'll give you that)

So all-in-all, your rotation is a mess. When healthy you would be salivating to have Bucholz as your #2, but he's our #4 starter, that's fine.

Because the Sox rotation did so well this season right?

oak2455
10-28-2010, 01:22 AM

And when Lee resigns with Texas your stuck with: BTW Lee will be a Yankee then where will you be:cry:

CC Sabathia (just had his first of many surgery's due to overweightness, on the decline) 20 wins decline:confused:
AJ Burnette (overpaid headcase, your stuck with for 3 more years)hopefully he straightens out
Andy Pettite (one of few Yankees I respect, but will probably retire)He's coming back sorry and if he doesnt more money for LEE:speechless:
Javier Vazquez (how did that work out for yah, good thing he's a FA)He really didnt figure in our plans hes gone
Phil Hughes (has potential I'll give you that) we know he'll be ok

nah your a 3rd place team I wouldnt want that sorry have a good night:p

Bo Sox Fan
10-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Because the Sox rotation did so well this season right?

Yeah Beckett, Bucholz and Matsuzaka threw near no-hitters while they were all on the DL for 2 months at a time.

And to that other Yankee clown, I would only be offended of the Sox winning 2 Championships in 80 years over the Sox winning 2 Championships in 6 years if the current roster was playing back in the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's, 1930's... etc, you know when the Yankees won the majority of there titles. Ask your grandparents, I bet they have only witnessed 6 or 8 in there life time with the WORLDS LARGEST PAYROLL.

LMAO AGAIN!

10-28-2010, 01:54 AM
LMAO

That is what Yankee fans were saying about Mariano Riveira after he BLEW the 2004 ALCS in games 4 AND 5 when you THOUGHT YOU HAD WON!

LMAO SOME MORE!!

Trying to read your posts gives me a headache.

Swishalicious
10-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah Beckett, Bucholz and Matsuzaka threw near no-hitters while they were all on the DL for 2 months at a time.

And to that other Yankee clown, I would only be offended of the Sox winning 2 Championships in 80 years over the Sox winning 2 Championships in 6 years if the current roster was playing back in the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's, 1930's... etc, you know when the Yankees won the majority of there titles. Ask your grandparents, I bet they have only witnessed 6 or 8 in there life time with the WORLDS LARGEST PAYROLL.

LMAO AGAIN!

1) Wow, the only thing Red Sox fans really have to brag about is 2004. I mean, I congratulate you for the most epic comeback in sports history, but it gets old. Just like Yankee fans going 27 (...before it was 26, 26, 26 titles!!). Come on, its old news. But if you want to really play that game, id take 27 great over 1 most epic anyday. But hey, enjoy the one thing you got

2) Well of course that sounds good, in the last 6 years, the Red Sox have been more successful, but thats about the only time frame you can use without being wrong. How about in the last 2 years... Yankees win. How about in the last 14 years? Yankees win. How about in the history of baseball? Yankees win. So enjoy your 6 year time frame, but its kinda lame if you ask me. Next time you win the WS, I bet its gonna be "Red Sox won last!!"

3) You can't even begin to complain about payroll, the Red Sox are a top payroll team. Sure, brag about it when you beat us, since your payroll is lower.... but what do you tell the Rockies in 2007? Or when you lost to the Rays in 2008? It just doesn't work. Your team is like my team, it spends money and gets all-star players. Its stupid to make fun of the yankees for that. It would be like making fun of A-rod for taking steroids when Ortiz did the same thing but u wont call him out on it. Personally, I accept the flaws of the Yankees and Red Sox. Both teams spend more $$ and have steroid players. Big deal, its still competitive and fun, so sit back, relax, dont judge, and enjoy baseball.

Robbw241
10-28-2010, 02:21 AM

LMAO AGAIN!

I've met some dumb people on this site, but my you sure take the cake.

Why are we even talking about the Yankees vs Red Sox?

theslick1
10-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Trying to figure out how guys throw no hitters while they are on the DL.

SouljahPhil...
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
1) Wow, the only thing Red Sox fans really have to brag about is 2004. I mean, I congratulate you for the most epic comeback in sports history, but it gets old. Just like Yankee fans going 27 (...before it was 26, 26, 26 titles!!). Come on, its old news. But if you want to really play that game, id take 27 great over 1 most epic anyday. But hey, enjoy the one thing you got

2) Well of course that sounds good, in the last 6 years, the Red Sox have been more successful, but thats about the only time frame you can use without being wrong. How about in the last 2 years... Yankees win. How about in the last 14 years? Yankees win. How about in the history of baseball? Yankees win. So enjoy your 6 year time frame, but its kinda lame if you ask me. Next time you win the WS, I bet its gonna be "Red Sox won last!!"

3) You can't even begin to complain about payroll, the Red Sox are a top payroll team. Sure, brag about it when you beat us, since your payroll is lower.... but what do you tell the Rockies in 2007? Or when you lost to the Rays in 2008? It just doesn't work. Your team is like my team, it spends money and gets all-star players. Its stupid to make fun of the yankees for that. It would be like making fun of A-rod for taking steroids when Ortiz did the same thing but u wont call him out on it. Personally, I accept the flaws of the Yankees and Red Sox. Both teams spend more $$ and have steroid players. Big deal, its still competitive and fun, so sit back, relax, dont judge, and enjoy baseball.

Pawned!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

DodgerB24
10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
nah your a 3rd place team I wouldnt want that sorry have a good night:p

I really hate arrogant Yankee fans. :facepalm:

oak2455
10-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I really hate arrogant Yankee fans. :facepalm:

I really find it funny that you take that one quote out of all the quotes that were made:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: go away please Yankee hater :facepalm: also going forward try reading everything it helps.......

DodgerB24
10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
I really find it funny that you take that one quote out of all the quotes that were made:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: go away please Yankee hater :facepalm: also going forward try reading everything it helps.......

I don't care about the Yankees. But every post I see of yours it screams arrogant idiot Yankee fan. :facepalm:

One Nut Kruk
10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't care about the Yankees. But every post I see of yours it screams arrogant idiot Yankee fan. :facepalm:

Agreed.

Gunzito22
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM

yup that ****

Actually, didn't the Red Sox upper management burn themselves on this one? since its all heresay anyways, then lets go with what was reported:

While it is unclear whether the Sox could have negotiated down those options, indications are that they dismissed the proposal.

Believing that Boras was bluffing, Henry then blasted out an e-mail to multiple media outlets in which he appeared to call Boras's bluff.

Less than a week later, Teixeira agreed to terms with New York.

Source (http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2009/01/the_final_chapter_on_teixeira.html)

I for one, would throw some nuts at that Kelly Burnett or that Michelle Damon... roar

and if my dick was a little longer, i would be able to see it past my gut.

oak2455
10-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Agreed.

No comment on THIS

oak2455
10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Actually, didn't the Red Sox upper management burn themselves on this one? since its all heresay anyways, then lets go with what was reported:

Source (http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2009/01/the_final_chapter_on_teixeira.html)

I for one, would throw some nuts at that Kelly Burnett or that Michelle Damon... roar

and if my dick was a little longer, i would be able to see it past my gut.

Thats why I find it funny when people just talk out of their azz even if they dont know or have any facts its pretty funny IMO...

oak2455
10-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Just because your team who plays in LA cant do anything right sorry for your loss.....BTW cant be a bigger media outlet than LA:eyebrow:

Gunzito22
10-28-2010, 12:42 PM
TEX is younger. And they always will be. The question TEX will have to answer for Lee is whether or not they can afford to lock up all that young talent. Lee will probably make 23 mil of resigned. Hamilton is supposedly working on an extension that I'd expect to be around the 20 mil per that Mauer got. That's 43 mil right there that TEX will have locked up long term. We don't know what their payroll will be for the future. I think TEX is going to have to really break down their financial future w/ Lee if they want to keep him. Because he knows the Yanks will field a competitive team for 6 years. We don't know what the financial future of Texas is - they could only be good for 3 years before everyone leaves for more money. Or they could expand payroll to 150 mil and lock everyone up. No one knows at this point.

you know, it took 168 posts to find one that was not complete HaterAde, Homerism or :facepalm:'s every 3rd sentence. or ones based on a ton of 'rumors' or 'i heard that....' with no sources to back them up (read: I made the **** up, and oh yeah the Yankees suck!). So thank you for being subjective

this is the real question. Sure, Texas "can" afford Cliff Lee in December 2010. But the could afford Alex Rodriguez in December 2002 as well. And while I think the Josh Hamilton $ amount is a bit optimistic, he could likely re-sign for $15M or more. Now what do you do for Cruz? Feliz? how about a DH and Catcher past 2011? What about the REST of their rotation not named Cliff Lee. all these guys are going to be making some money in the next few years. So yeah, this team can add Cliff Lee and compete in 2011, but what about 2013? Will Texas handcuff themselves with $130M (potentially) and a full NTC which they may need as a bailout?

That said, Cliff Lee's wife may have a stake in the decision, but Texas will need to step up and make some real decisions about their future with vs. without Cliff Lee and bid accordingly.

And for the record, The Yankees can afford the money (since its just money)... and afford to field a $200M team year after year, right wrong or indifferent...

Mopped_you
10-28-2010, 02:49 PM
If this happened in Philadelphia, the National Media would be outraged and we would NEVER and I mean NEVER hear the end of it. It's pathetic, as are these Yankees fans who are dumb enough to harass his wife yet expect him to sign with them in the off-season.

10-28-2010, 02:53 PM
If this happened in Philadelphia, the National Media would be outraged and we would NEVER and I mean NEVER hear the end of it. It's pathetic, as are these Yankees fans who are dumb enough to harass his wife yet expect him to sign with them in the off-season.

That's because the fans in Philly would have most likely thrown up on her. :laugh2:

theslick1
10-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Phillie fans threw mustard packs at Joe Maddon's 9 year old granddaughter during the 2008 World Series. Real classy.

oak2455
10-28-2010, 03:12 PM
for some reason I think this story is a bit of a stretch trying to get the Yanks to bid higher than the norm....also if you know that part of Yankee stadium you need 3 forms of ID to get there:eyebrow: just my opinion.....

oak2455
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM

didnt you guys cheer when Micheal Irving ended his career:confused: or pelt Santa Claus with snow balls and boo him:confused: you want more:D

Bo Sox Fan
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
you know, it took 168 posts to find one that was not complete HaterAde, Homerism or :facepalm:'s every 3rd sentence. or ones based on a ton of 'rumors' or 'i heard that....' with no sources to back them up (read: I made the **** up, and oh yeah the Yankees suck!). So thank you for being subjective

this is the real question. Sure, Texas "can" afford Cliff Lee in December 2010. But the could afford Alex Rodriguez in December 2002 as well. And while I think the Josh Hamilton $ amount is a bit optimistic, he could likely re-sign for $15M or more. Now what do you do for Cruz? Feliz? how about a DH and Catcher past 2011? What about the REST of their rotation not named Cliff Lee. all these guys are going to be making some money in the next few years. So yeah, this team can add Cliff Lee and compete in 2011, but what about 2013? Will Texas handcuff themselves with $130M (potentially) and a full NTC which they may need as a bailout?

That said, Cliff Lee's wife may have a stake in the decision, but Texas will need to step up and make some real decisions about their future with vs. without Cliff Lee and bid accordingly.

And for the record, The Yankees can afford the money (since its just money)... and afford to field a $200M team year after year, right wrong or indifferent...

Agreed, and that is what's pathetic about the New York Yankees and there fans.

All they do is brag about there money, unlike the other 29 baseball clubs that still rely on there farm system (even the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Mets, Cubs...) you never hear the Yankees hype about there up coming young talent (Montero for example) but instead all the talk is about signing Texas' ace Cliff Lee through free agency and sticking it to the Rangers then because there team couldn't beat him in the post-season.

Then let the Carl Crawford to New York rumours begin. :rolleyes:

Having too much MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ once again proved in the 2010 ALCS that you CANT buy a winner year after year.

theslick1
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Agreed, and that is what's pathetic about the New York Yankees and there fans.

All they do is brag about there money, unlike the other 29 baseball clubs that still rely on there farm system (even the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Mets, Cubs...) you never hear the Yankees hype about there up coming young talent (Montero for example) but instead all the talk is about signing Texas' ace Cliff Lee through free agency and sticking it to the Rangers then because there team couldn't beat him in the post-season.

Then let the Carl Crawford to New York rumours begin. :rolleyes:

Having too much MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ MONEY $$$ once again proved in the 2010 ALCS that you CANT buy a winner year after year.

I agree. So, why is there a new thread every other day about "Do the Yankees Buy Their Rings?" or "Does MLB Need a Salary Cap?"

Mopped_you
10-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Phillie fans threw mustard packs at Joe Maddon's 9 year old granddaughter during the 2008 World Series. Real classy.

What does that have to do with your fan base, spitting and throwing beer at woman?

That's because the fans in Philly would have most likely thrown up on her. :laugh2:

Again, what does that have to do with anything I said? Because a fan in Philly threw up on someone, that makes it okay for 'fans' in NY to spit, dump beer, and insult, a bunch of woman? Okay. Yankees fans, got to love them.

SouthSideRookie
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I hope nobody is being naive and thinking that Lee won't sign with the Yankees because of the incident his wife went through with Yankee fans.

The Yankees are going to go all out for Lee, I can see them doing something similiar to what the Mets did for Beltran. They provided a private suite and a private jet for the wife and kids to be escorted to the stadium whenever they planned on attending a game.

If Lee decides to stay in Texas it won't be because of his wife or the Rangers outbid the Yankees.

DodgerB24
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Just because your team who plays in LA cant do anything right sorry for your loss.....BTW cant be a bigger media outlet than LA:eyebrow:

What does my team have to do with this? Again, just an idiotic arrogant Yankee fan. :facepalm:

(No offense to other Yankee fans out there)

oak2455
10-28-2010, 07:08 PM
What does my team have to do with this? Again, just an idiotic arrogant Yankee fan. :facepalm:

(No offense to other Yankee fans out there)

Because if you read the previous post instead of attacking me then I wouldnt have said anything....but for no reason you have something to say meanwhile BOSOXFAN has been talking **** for no reason thats why I said what I said....also hes the same guy who will come in the Yankee forum after the Sox win to bait and talk ****...got it:D this is what he does his own fans even know it.........

oak2455
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I hope nobody is being naive and thinking that Lee won't sign with the Yankees because of the incident his wife went through with Yankee fans.

The Yankees are going to go all out for Lee, I can see them doing something similiar to what the Mets did for Beltran. They provided a private suite and a private jet for the wife and kids to be escorted to the stadium whenever they planned on attending a game.

If Lee decides to stay in Texas it won't be because of his wife or the Rangers outbid the Yankees.

I agree with your post SouthSide, I even believe her story might be over blown......only because that area where she was sitting its pretty hard to do all that stuff and not get notice and get in some serious ****...

scottythegreat1
10-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Yankee fans only gave her the initiation for coming to join the Yankees.

We al know the Yankees will dole out the cash for Lee and he will be so interested in the dollar signs it wont be funny.

Rule #1 about putting on your pinstripes:
YOU BETTER WIN OR ELSE....if you dont win for us, we will spill beer over your wife and hell out profane language when she comes to the games. Its been like this in New York for years, and its going to stay that way.

ShinobiNYC
10-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Yankee fans only gave her the initiation for coming to join the Yankees.

We al know the Yankees will dole out the cash for Lee and he will be so interested in the dollar signs it wont be funny.

Rule #1 about putting on your pinstripes:
YOU BETTER WIN OR ELSE....if you dont win for us, we will spill beer over your wife and hell out profane language when she comes to the games. Its been like this in New York for years, and its going to stay that way.

And that's how Don Mattingly is treated(he didn't win for 12+ years until he reached the playoffs in 1995)....Give me a break.

hugepatsfan
10-28-2010, 08:10 PM

If this wasn't so long I'd sig quote it. And then write "qft" underneath it. Awesome post.

papipapsmanny
10-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to throw this in there. And this is from the words of a Braves fan (I go to SCAR)

We were talking aboout how NY is gonna blow their wallet on lee and he said

"They aren't even the New York Yankees, they should be called the New York MLB allstars but the old version"

Haha, I am not saying there is anything wrong with what the yanks do, but it just gave me a good laugh

oak2455
10-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I just wanted to throw this in there. And this is from the words of a Braves fan (I go to SCAR)

We were talking aboout how NY is gonna blow their wallet on lee and he said

"They aren't even the New York Yankees, they should be called the New York MLB allstars but the old version"

Haha, I am not saying there is anything wrong with what the yanks do, but it just gave me a good laugh

I heard there main goal is to get Lee... rumors so dk if its true but around what CC received... they only want Lee no Crawford no Werth Just Lee.

redbird89
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
That's Yankee fan etiquette.

oak2455
10-28-2010, 10:12 PM
That's Yankee fan etiquette.

what will you guys do when King Albert is a FA Its going to be crazzzy

10-28-2010, 10:16 PM
What does that have to do with your fan base, spitting and throwing beer at woman?

Again, what does that have to do with anything I said? Because a fan in Philly threw up on someone, that makes it okay for 'fans' in NY to spit, dump beer, and insult, a bunch of woman? Okay. Yankees fans, got to love them.

It was a joke genius. You said the media would be all over it and no one would let Philly forget about it if this incident took place in Philadelphia. I said they would not let up or forget because someone would have thrown up on her, referring to the incident in Philly. You don't have to find the joke funny but you also do not have to act like a sensitive girl.

NateyB24
10-30-2010, 02:38 AM
His Wifes pretty smart driving up the price for the Yankees to spend. Personally i hope he goes to the Yankees get him out of the AL West please.

jiggin
10-30-2010, 07:15 AM
and the yankees continue to buy up the top talent...

...yet the league is even and fair.

LOL

Swishalicious
10-30-2010, 03:42 PM
and the yankees continue to buy up the top talent...

...yet the league is even and fair.

LOL

Very valuable post :horse: