PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash doesn't think Suns will make playoffs.

spreadeagle
10-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Steve Nash has always been candid with the media, and never shied away from expressing what’s really on his mind. When it comes to his team this season, Nash isn’t holding out much hope for similar success to last year.

Phoenix surprised everyone by making it all the way to the Western Conference Finals last summer (and pushed the champion Lakers), but now playing with a radically different roster, let’s just say that Steve Nash isn’t exactly jazzed about what he sees on the floor.

SB Nation reports:

“To be honest, if I was outside this picture and a betting man, I would probably pick us to be outside of the playoffs considering all the changes and the new guys,” team leader Steve Nash said after Sunday’s team practice.

The problem, according to Steve Nash, is that winning might be a long ways off. Nash was particularly frustrated with the process of going from a team he felt was very close to winning an NBA Championship to essentially starting over again. “I spent four months this summer and a month this training camp feeling like I’m trying to get to the top,” Nash said. “It’s hard as a competitor to convince yourself every day all summer and then through the preseason that you’re going to get back to where you were and hopefully take the next step, and then you realize that camp is starting all over again and it’s not quite as linear as you made it out to yourself all summer.”

Time to get excited, Suns fans! Or, you know, not.

Perhaps this is Nash’s way of taking the pressure off his team by tempering expectations, but as he heads into the twilight of his career, the current situation is probably not what he had in mind. http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/steve-nash-doesnt-expect-suns-to-make-the-playoffs/

Doesn't sound good....Trade time maybe

Wade>You
10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Buy him out, Phx!!!! ;)

Rego247
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
hes being realistic. sucks though, cuz honestly i dont think anyone deserves a ring more than steve nash and grant hill. 2 really classy guys.

Evolution23
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah but he made STAT into a superstar, so he can make all the other scrubs into allstars too. Right???

Slimsim
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah but he made STAT into a superstar, so he can make all the other scrubs into allstars too. Right???

Yea Nash can make warrick amare 2.0 easy just need time to gel. And they got Hedo Who can also be clutch.

Rego247
10-25-2010, 11:21 PM

not sure if ur being sarcastic lol. but stat was a talented player even without nash. But nash made him better, just like he did with diaw, just like he did we barbosa. he can make anyone he plays with better, but the question is will it be enough for them to make the playoffs?

Mikey Roxx
That quote doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't believe they won't make the playoffs. He knows the Suns are in a serious uphill battle, but he's confident about the guys on his team and knows they'll play hard to succeed.

That's a bias answer, yes, but I'm confident that the Suns'll get into the playoffs as 5-7 in the West, and with one those spots, they'll be in good position to knock off whoever and move to the second round. If we get 8 and meet the Lakers again, then that's a little harder to be confident about.

Hellcrooner
Time to take VUjacics expiring a pick one of ebanks and character and waltons contract for Nash boys

Kobes a Killer
10-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Lol if he ends up in Miami I'm never watching basketball again

llemon
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't count out the Suns just yet.

lavilevi23
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I think its between them or the Hornets for a last spot.

spreadeagle
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
That quote doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't believe they won't make the playoffs. He knows the Suns are in a serious uphill battle, but he's confident about the guys on his team and knows they'll play hard to succeed.

That's a bias answer, yes, but I'm confident that the Suns'll get into the playoffs as 5-7 in the West, and with one those spots, they'll be in good position to knock off whoever and move to the second round. If we get 8 and meet the Lakers again, then that's a little harder to be confident about.

Doubt they will make playoffs...Hedo looks like he did in Toronto...awful.No Amare will hurt them a lot

JRisdabest
10-25-2010, 11:40 PM
clippers

Ebbs
10-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Lol to the guy who said if he ends up MIA.

Seriously I don't think that's possible but if the heat had a playmaker of Nash's caliber distributing to the big 3 oh my lord lol.

xbrackattackx
10-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Nash could also be using this as a way to fire up his team.

PrettyBoyJ
10-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Honestly they don't stand a chance... OKC finished 8th last year and they could've have easily finished 5th.. they where about 4 1/2 or 5 games out.. West is tough, that PHX lineup won't get it done

Chronz
10-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Why no Nash is a quitter talk?

Baller1
10-26-2010, 01:02 AM
:laugh2:

Where's AI4mvp or whatever the hell his name is? He was laughing at me for saying the Suns are going to quickly slip out of the playoff race; I wonder how he feels now.

xabial
10-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Lol to the guy who said if he ends up MIA.

Seriously I don't think that's possible but if the heat had a playmaker of Nash's caliber distributing to the big 3 oh my lord lol.

Dynasty Fo Sho

JPHX
10-26-2010, 01:13 AM
they werent exactly the most talented team last year either. yet they still went the distance. with the the talent they have this year, its all about chemistry and supplementing their weaknesses by committee.

Rego247
10-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Why no Nash is a quitter talk?

he would he classify as a quitter?

Hustlenomics
10-26-2010, 01:39 AM
looks like nash isn't nothing without amare :lol:

UnbiasedReply
10-26-2010, 01:41 AM
ok, here's what to do. Trade him too the raptors for calderon, a protected 1st (not this years) + trade exception. Let's be honest Raptors have a better group of young players then the suns, it puts nash in Canada with his very good friend triano (he's also closer to his home), it gives raptors fans something to cheer for and also he will be a great mentor for raptors new point guard they'll be drafting this summer. For phoenix it gives them a younger point guard who is still very skilled, right to make an unbalenced trade (tpe), and speeds up their rebuilding process with the 1st.

bootleg42
10-26-2010, 01:42 AM

Could be. But you still don't say that!!! You can say that the team is not playing their hardest or that the organization is not doing the best to win. BUT YOU DON'T COME OUT AND SAY THAT LOOKING FROM THE OUTSIDE, THE TEAM IS NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM!!!!!

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Buy him out... then he'll sign a minimum to play for the Heat :)

UnbiasedReply
10-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Buy him out... then he'll sign a minimum to play for the Heat :)

if you bought him out he'd be going to newyork, with stodamire and dantoni

Mplsman
10-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Man Nash better not leave too.

heyman321
10-26-2010, 01:52 AM

He DID make Amare into a superstar. Amare is good but he won't have Nash spoonfeeding him beauties in the pick and roll anymore. I don't know why you Knicks fans think Amare is the second coming of David Robinson or Patrick Ewing.

Let's see who Nash has made into decent, and are still decent/they've turned into scrubs after they've left: Marion, Raja Bell, Barbosa, Jim Jackson, Quentin Richardson, Boris Diaw, Tim Thomas, basically any Sun who has ever played with Nash. Not to mention that Dirk said one of the reasons he is the player he is today is because Steve Nash helped him develop tremendously when they were growing as players together.

UnbiasedReply
10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
He DID make Amare into a superstar. Amare is good but he won't have Nash spoonfeeding him beauties in the pick and roll anymore. I don't know why you Knicks fans think Amare is the second coming of David Robinson or Patrick Ewing.

Let's see who Nash has made into decent, and are still decent/they've turned into scrubs after they've left: Marion, Raja Bell, Barbosa, Jim Jackson, Quentin Richardson, Boris Diaw, Tim Thomas, basically everyone who's ever played with Nash.

barbosa hasn't played a single regular season game without nash yet and he's been great in the preseason where do u get this nonsense

BaustinSali08
10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah Steve Nash never said he didn't think his team was going to make the playoffs. Another victim of skewed journalism. He probably said that exact quote and at the end of it said, "But I know we aren't the outsiders, and we can change peoples perceptions really easily."

GodsSon
10-26-2010, 02:04 AM

I'm thinking the same

_KB24_
10-26-2010, 02:12 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL :laugh2:

Where's AI4MVP !??????? Do you want to accept defeat now in terms of our sig bet??? We had it on whether the Suns would have home court, your own captain is doubting you guys even making the playoffs!

:laugh:

MacFitz92
10-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Nash is probably just trying to motivate his team.

djeller1139
10-26-2010, 02:24 AM
send him to ORL

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Nash is probably just trying to motivate his team.

Maybe. But Hedo won't get motivated with that huge contract of his.

DitchDat
10-26-2010, 02:52 AM
IF they don't make it, it won't be about any inconsistency from Nash. It will be because of that pouting Turk....... He will stop trying when things don't go his way

They also have no size up front whatsoever, so that might be detrimental

Baller1
10-26-2010, 03:32 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL :laugh2:

Where's AI4MVP !??????? Do you want to accept defeat now in terms of our sig bet??? We had it on whether the Suns would have home court, your own captain is doubting you guys even making the playoffs!

:laugh:

I said the same thing basically in an earlier post.

Poor kid.

spreadeagle
10-26-2010, 03:54 AM
IF they don't make it, it won't be about any inconsistency from Nash. It will be because of that pouting Turk....... He will stop trying when things don't go his way

They also have no size up front whatsoever, so that might be detrimental

Yup

Antipod
10-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Didn`t expect that from him ... Seems like Steve needs Amare more than backwards.

dodie53
10-26-2010, 04:37 AM
nash should bring his talents to south beach.
hehe.

AI4MVP
10-26-2010, 04:50 AM
:laugh2:

Where's AI4mvp or whatever the hell his name is? He was laughing at me for saying the Suns are going to quickly slip out of the playoff race; I wonder how he feels now.

oh. sorry dude i was giving ur mom anal, but im back now.

and btw, how does this contradict anything ive said? nash said the truth..hes saying he understand why people arent picking them. how does that mean anything bad? this is pathetic.

matt800
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
on twitter Nash said

the_real_nash RT @SLAMonline: Nash Doesn’t Expect Suns to
Make the Playoffs http://dlvr.it/7WFCP (Not true, but I understand why outsiders think we won't)

not a true story according to Nash

PHX2daDEATH
10-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Scoop Jackson picked us to win the friggin division.. I'd like to hear his logic..
Nash's words were taken out of context..He said if he were a betting man..
i dont see him taking long trips to vegas... Look if the Suns struggle, I wouldn't mind trading Steve to a contender, dont think Miami would take him on, but if the Lakers want to send us Andrew Bynum ,Caracter and Ebanks, I'm all for it..

BkOriginalOne
10-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Nash would be great for the Clippers.
Or, the Knicks or Mavericks.

The Apprentice
10-26-2010, 07:55 AM
they won't

JayW_1023
10-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Scoop Jackson says alot of high unlikely things.

Khalifa21
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Could be motivational. Could backfire.

I'll be interested in watching Phoenix this season though.

futureman
10-26-2010, 11:20 AM
That's a very realistic and wise statement for Nash to make. I hate it when players try to sugarcoat things by saying that they will make the playoffs when they know they have no chance at it.