PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 "Expert" Picks (NBA.com)

John Walls Era
10-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Here you go: Link (http://www.nba.com/2010/seasonpreview/2010/10/21/expert.picks/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

John Walls Era
10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Is anyone else surprised that the Lakers are the consensus western champs? No love for Thunder, Mavs or Jazz?

dhopisthename
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Is anyone else surprised that the Lakers are the consensus western champs? No love for Thunder, Mavs or Jazz?

not really when they have won the past 3 and they haven't had any change I would vote for them as a jazz fan

asandhu23
10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
every single year, its same exact ********. That is why I am rooting for Thunder if Warriors don't make it

sep11ie
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
every single year, its same exact ********. That is why I am rooting for Thunder if Warriors don't make it

So your rooting for the Thunder...:D

GoatMilk
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM

like dhop said

3 straight Finals
2 straight Titles
same team as last year that has been upgraded. last years team had NO bench at all.

and the west is full of good teams, only 1 great team

they are so far away the best in the west. not even close

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-25-2010, 02:15 PM
as long as heat don't win i'm good...so i guess i'll be rooting for the lakers..

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
go warriors

Jay22Redd
10-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Kobe.

Blake Griffin: Rookie of the Year
Dwight Howard: Defensive MVP
Roy Hibbert: Most Improved
Jamal Crawford: Sixth Man

Rockets underdogs again!

Baller1
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Hell yeah, someone got it right. Serge Ibaka is going to be the MIP.

5ass
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
im going to say its going to be a MAVS vs MAGIC finals
lakers will not make it to the finals this year

DoJoTheSlasher
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the love :)

Honestly, we do have a shot at winning it all, a very small one, but a chance. Overall, I do not see us beating the Lakers because certain players such as Butler, Terry, Kidd and Marion might not show up...... Dirk and Roddy are the 2 players I fully trust.

Southsideheat
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Aren't we a little premature for the Thunder love? They're young and i don't know if they had one significant injury the whole year last year.

Storch
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Not surprised AT ALL. It's pretty logical to put the Lakers up there. One of the columnists in NBA.com was right in saying something like: There's a lot of people who hate the Lakers, but even they can't deny their greatness right now.

like dhop said

3 straight Finals
2 straight Titles
same team as last year that has been upgraded. last years team had NO bench at all.

and the west is full of good teams, only 1 great team

they are so far away the best in the west. not even close

This. But the mavs look pretty good on paper right now. I guess the 2 biggest questions are: can Jason Kidd keep playing at a high level now that he's older? And, are Chandler and Haywood the bigs that Nowitzki has longed for in the post all these years?

im going to say its going to be a MAVS vs MAGIC finals
lakers will not make it to the finals this year

Let's do a sig bet then. Back up your statement!

Baller1
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Aren't we a little premature for the Thunder love? They're young and i don't know if they had one significant injury the whole year last year.

So why's it so farfetched for them to stay healthy again? Westbrook hasn't missed a game in his career thus far, and all of their players have proved to be durable.

SteveNash
10-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Why should there be?

Thunder were an 8th seed and managed to win 2 whole playoff games, that makes them a contender?

Jazz get dominated by the Lakers again.

Mavs get bounced in the first round.

Other teams have no shot as long as LA is healthy.

Storch
10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Why should there be?

Thunder were an 8th seed and managed to win 2 whole playoff games, that makes them a contender?

I know right? The overrating has begun. Specially when people are ranking Durant over Wade and Kobe ... Some have even ranked him above Lebron! :speechless: It was such a crazy statement that I didn't even see the Heat fans retaliate! :facepalm:

j-bay
10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
the most shocking pick is flip saunders as coy

haggis
10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but I want an honest opinion of other NBA fans (which i know is a bad idea on the PSD NBA forum) -- but can someone please explain why the Bucks are rated so high by the so called "experts"?

Apparently the additions of Drew Gooden and Corey Maggette make you deep enough to win the Central, let alone the fact that Bogut himself said that he won't be healthy all year. Is anyone that impressed by Brandon Jennings? Really? One 50 point game and this kid is the next big star. He was one of the most inefficient players in the game last year, and steadily declined all year. And the Skiles thing has been proven over and over. He can take a scrappy, underachieving teams and be good for 5-8 more wins because of his coaching style -- but it wears out fast in the NBA, stars don't like to be treated like an AAU team.

Someone please explain?

Sadds The Gr8
10-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Why should there be?

this.

thescore53
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
So your rooting for the Thunder...:D

LMAO hha

SteveNash
10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but I want an honest opinion of other NBA fans (which i know is a bad idea on the PSD NBA forum) -- but can someone please explain why the Bucks are rated so high by the so called "experts"?

Apparently the additions of Drew Gooden and Corey Maggette make you deep enough to win the Central, let alone the fact that Bogut himself said that he won't be healthy all year. Is anyone that impressed by Brandon Jennings? Really? One 50 point game and this kid is the next big star. He was one of the most inefficient players in the game last year, and steadily declined all year. And the Skiles thing has been proven over and over. He can take a scrappy, underachieving teams and be good for 5-8 more wins because of his coaching style -- but it wears out fast in the NBA, stars don't like to be treated like an AAU team.

Someone please explain?

Because they're a young team and people expect them to automatically get better.

Just like people overrated teams like the Hornets, Jazz, Sixers, Bulls, Blazers, and Warriors in the past few years.

numba1CHANGsta
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
These picks make more sense than the ones on ESPN. Do they hire anyone on ESPN to be an analyst now a days? Scoop Jackson shouldnt be allowed to vote! He picks the Suns to win the Pacific but then picks the Lakers to win the West and the NBA Finals?:facepalm:

thescore53
10-25-2010, 10:03 PM
scoop jackson is a cool guy though

eXpLiiCt
10-25-2010, 10:21 PM
lol @ people thinking magic going to win there divison

DieHardCubFan
10-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Bulls are way better than the bucks! I don't know why anybody could pick the bucks over the bulls.:facepalm::bs::crazy:

kArSoN RyDaH
10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
because the Thunder are going to mysteriously jump from 8th seed to 1st seed right? hahahaha cmon people. you are totally overrating the Thunder.

Kenny
10-26-2010, 12:51 AM
because the Thunder are going to mysteriously jump from 8th seed to 1st seed right? hahahaha cmon people. you are totally overrating the Thunder.

I agree with you the Thunder might be getting to much hype, but they won 50 games as a 8th seed the lakers were the 1st seed won 57. They were tied for 6th really with 2 other teams and they didn't have the tie breaker. Thats how close the west is. Pople expect some teams to drop off and it isn't far fetched to say they can win 5 more games then they did last year.

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I understand the Lakers should be picked, but no one is bold enough to choose another team?

Storch
10-26-2010, 01:07 AM
I understand the Lakers should be picked, but no one is bold enough to choose another team?

Choosing a team to be bold (or different) is not the same as choosing the right team. Think about it.

davids22
10-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Shocked that that many think the Magic will win division. It will be close but I think the Heat got it.

Also surprised at Blake Griffin having more ROY predictions then John Wall. Should be an interesting battle.

And glad to see the Bucks getting the respect they deserve! The Bucks definitely have a shot at the Central. The Bulls are favorites obviously, but the Bucks were the better team over the Bulls last year. The Bulls got Boozer, Korver, and Brewer. The Bucks got Maggette, Gooden, CDR, Larry Sanders, and a veteran to help Jennings progress in Dooling.

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 01:46 AM
John Wall will win Roy. Wizards will make the playoffs, Clippers won't (despite winning 40 plus games).

Sadds The Gr8
10-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Blake Griffin will win Roy. Wizards will make the playoffs, Clippers won't (despite winning 40 plus games).

fixed

GST4TE
10-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Surprised nobody has mentioned that someone picked Joakim Noah to win DPOY...

JayW_1023
10-26-2010, 03:36 AM
I think the title is the Heats to lose. If the Lakers are anything less than 100% they have no shot at beating a relatively healthy Heat squad in seven games.

As much as I hate to admit it...this Heat team will destroy teams if they stay healthy and cruise to an NBA title.

JayW_1023
10-26-2010, 03:40 AM
David West for MIP? Is Scoop Jackson on crack?

SouljahPhil...
10-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Spurs are the darkhorse in the west..

JayW_1023
10-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Word is that Richard Jefferson has worked his tail off to play better in the Spurs' half court offense. If he makes a nice adjustment to the Spurs offense, I can safely say the Spurs can grab a top seed again.

I'm still really bummed out being swept by the Suns like that. The Spurs had it coming though. However, I'm overjoyed with the progress of George Hill. How many PG's in the league can defend all three perimeter slots?

Sactown
10-26-2010, 08:18 AM
dmc will win roy. Kings will make the playoffs, lakers won't (because they'll only win 25 minus games).

fixed

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 01:43 PM
fixed

Sure... DMC got nothing on Wall.

j-bay
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Sure... DMC got nothing on Wall.

hey john this is dmc calling you to congratulate you on winning roy

SteveNash
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Spurs have no chance of coming out of the West, get off the bandwagon I sank.

John Walls Era
10-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Spurs era is over. John Wall's Era has just begun :)

KingsMadness44
10-27-2010, 01:54 AM
so no one else here is suprised at the fact that half the people were picking lebron to win MVP.........last time i checked MVP stood for most valuable player!!! if you take lebron off that team there still going to do very good. u take kobe off the lakers or durant off the thunder there going to do very bad!

i am a lebron hater but people cant seriously say he can still be considered the MVP he has 2 other players rated top 10 in the league

John Walls Era
10-27-2010, 02:00 AM
so no one else here is suprised at the fact that half the people were picking lebron to win MVP.........last time i checked MVP stood for most valuable player!!! if you take lebron off that team there still going to do very good. u take kobe off the lakers or durant off the thunder there going to do very bad!

i am a lebron hater but people cant seriously say he can still be considered the MVP he has 2 other players rated top 10 in the league

Lakers would not be that bad. Neither would the Thunder. They wouldn't be in the top 5 though.