PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the Toronto Raptors.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM
We all know they're in for a long season. but what would it take for them to get on the right track.

Best player - Bargnani

Young talent- derozan,davis,,weems,amir

Role players - barbosa, kleiza, calderon, jack, evans ,

2 1st rounders.

Looks Bad but they do have chemistry

Whats your Opinion on what they should do. is trading bargnani an option ?

what your honest feed back. and how long do you think they are from another playoff appearance.

saintdrew
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Why isn't this thread in the Raptors forum?

FlakeyFool
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
advice would be to...brace yourself for a long season

marvILLous
10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
lol

DerekRE_3
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
1. Defense
2. Throw 3 alley oops to Derozan a game to keep the crowd semi interested
3. Draft well, can't emphasize that enough.
4. For fans, alcohol, lots of it.
5. Defense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-24-2010, 05:36 PM
kleiza will have a bigger role than a role player for the raptors

the_jon
10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
1. Defense
5. Defense
1) Yeah right
2) Agreed.
3) Ed Davis?
4) Pot works also
5) lol

thescore53
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Why isn't this thread in the Raptors forum?

why do u havve to ruin the thread :facepalm: cause i want NBA fans input.

the_jon
10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Currently there is no bigger role than a role player right now for the raptors.

DerekRE_3
10-24-2010, 05:45 PM
1) Yeah right
2) Agreed.
3) Ed Davis?
4) Pot works also
5) lol

I liked the Ed Davis pick. I mean draft well with the really high pick they are going to get next year.

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM

Kleiza could lead the team in scoring..his fiba tournament was not a fluke...hes a BEAST plays tough for a euro

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I liked the Ed Davis pick. I mean draft well with the really high pick they are going to get next year.

I have a feeling we will win just enough games to not get a good lottery spot lol

babyshaq87
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Trade Calderon + expirings for a defensive big man.. don't need anything more.. i'd be happy with Dalembert.. if it works we can resign him, if it doesn't work, who cares, it's a one year rental..

Jack - Barbosa
DeRozan - Weems
Kleiza - Wright
Bargnani - Davis
Dalembert - Andersen

Not a championship team but i'd be fine with that..

abe_froman
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
dont you guys have tpe to?

1.trade anyone/everyone over 30 or any long term contracts for picks and/or any young guys you can get
2.use tpe to get whatever overpaid yet young talent is on the block thats lockedup for a few years(assuring that you dont have to worry about him bolting so quickly)
3.trade bargs,he's a good talent but your going nowhere with him as your centerpiece for the future.or move him to the 4(though davis is a better prospect to have for there)
4.drink,smoke,root on and cheer each loss.higher lotto pick chances are the order of the day,not wins.
5.develop

the_jon
10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Harrison Barnes :drool:

the_jon
10-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I have a feeling we will win just enough games to not get a good lottery spot lol
Triano needs to start screaming "HARRISON BARNES" at the top of lungs on every play until the end of the season.

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Triano needs to start screaming "HARRISON BARNES" at the top of lungs on every play until the end of the season.

WERD.I think they will win round 28 games..put us near the 6-10 spot

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Like 20 responses and not one "move the team to America" :clap:

topdog
10-24-2010, 06:08 PM
We all know they're in for a long season. but what would it take for them to get on the right track.

Best player - Bargnani

Young talent- derozan,davis,,weems,amir

Role players - barbosa, kleiza, calderon, jack, evans ,

2 1st rounders.

Looks Bad but they do have chemistry

Whats your Opinion on what they should do. is trading bargnani an option ?

what your honest feed back. and how long do you think they are from another playoff appearance.

I think Bargs has to be your second best player, if you keep him. Having a poor season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because I really think you are missing your franchise guy or at the very least a sturdy post presence. I would have liked to have seen Toronto make a push for the 4-5 pick to get Cousins (Bargs and Cousins :superman:)

Hopefully DeRozan turns out for you guys. Klieza was a nice pickup and I like Bellinelli, but overall I think you all need to blow it up. Re-tooling time is over, Bosh is gone (who was never going to win you a championship), time to re-build. The sooner that happens, the sooner the Raps are back in the playoffs.

the_jon
10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I think Bargs has to be your second best player, if you keep him. Having a poor season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because I really think you are missing your franchise guy or at the very least a sturdy post presence. I would have liked to have seen Toronto make a push for the 4-5 pick to get Cousins (Bargs and Cousins :superman:)

Hopefully DeRozan turns out for you guys. Klieza was a nice pickup and I like Bellinelli, but overall I think you all need to blow it up. Re-tooling time is over, Bosh is gone (who was never going to win you a championship), time to re-build. The sooner that happens, the sooner the Raps are back in the playoffs.
:clap:

CB29
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Appreciate the comment but just for your general knowledge we traded marco belinelli to the hornets for julian wright

ink
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Appreciate the comment but just for your general knowledge we traded marco belinelli to the hornets for julian wright

And that was mostly as a favour to Belinelli because he wasn't going to see any playing time with DeRozan, Weems, and Barbosa ahead of him. They got Wright so that Banks would have someone to play cards with on the bench.

Gators123
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Pray for Harrison Barnes/ Perry Jones/ or Kyrie Irving, well at least that's what I'm doing.

Gibby
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I just hope BC doesnt draft Donatas Motiejunas. I like Enes Kanter's game but its seems he has knee problems, which always risky with big men.

topdog
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Whoops, forget about that with the various trades that materialized and fell apart and whatnot. He just needs someone to play him. Not a big fan of Wright. Thanks for laying that knowledge on me.

SteveNash
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Get rid of Colangelo

kjoke
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
dont get anymore euros

HoopsDrive
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
This is the year we see if Bargs was worth a #1 overall pick.

BALLER71
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Honestly, tank the year. Get a top 3 pick and try to get your franchise player. Someone you could build around. You can't build a good team around Derozan or Bargs

HoopsMachine
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I think the plan for any rebuilding team should be:

1) Amassing young talent through draft

2) Purging long-term contracts from the roster

3) Using FA to sign players that compliment the developing young talent

4) Hire a coach that can work with younger players and is good with XO's

blacknell
10-24-2010, 07:14 PM
leave toronto they will never get big name players to play over there because they don't wanna give up half of their checks to the government...

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
leave toronto they will never get big name players to play over there because they don't wanna give up half of their checks to the government... Vince Carter,Tracy Mcrady,Marcus Camby,Charles Oakley,Jalen Rose,Chris Bosh,Hedo Turkoglu...ever heard of these guys

thescore53
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
leave toronto they will never get big name players to play over there because they don't wanna give up half of their checks to the government...

actually the nba fixed it. anyone who signs with Toronto receives a bonus to make up for the lost money in taxes

........ now you know more :)

xxcubs22xx
10-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Honestly, tank the year. Get a top 3 pick and try to get your franchise player. Someone you could build around. You can't build a good team around Derozan or Bargs

This

Fire Sale that sh1t.

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
actually the nba fixed it. anyone who signs with Toronto receives a bonus to make up for the lost money in taxes

........ now you know more :)

I didnt even know that...cool lol

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
This

Fire Sale that sh1t.

We have nothing to sell.Derozen,Bargs,Jack,Amir johnson all seem to be in aour future plans...Trading Calderon and strong drafting and getting a legit C next off season is what will happen I hope...And someone who mentioned Cousins earliar...Would have been perfect for us,we should have traded up in the draft for him:mad:

Dol-Fan
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Hope that we suck bad enough for Barnes or Irving, and pray that if we do suck that bad, BC doesn't pick Donatas or Jan Vesely.

Also, try to ship out expiring contracts like Evans at the deadline. Is Banks expiring yet or no?

DerekRE_3
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Pretty much the same thing happens in California and New York. After you take state and federal income taxes, it's close to 50% that is taxed.

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Pretty much the same thing happens in California and New York. After you take state and federal income taxes, it's close to 50% that is taxed.

Higher taxes usually mean a better quality of life in whatever city your in anyway "roads,hospitals,police ect"...only two things in life are guaranteed...taxes and death:D

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Hope that we suck bad enough for Barnes or Irving, and pray that if we do suck that bad, BC doesn't pick Donatas or Jan Vesely.

Also, try to ship out expiring contracts like Evans at the deadline. Is Banks expiring yet or no?

I think Evans and Banks are expiring at 5 mil each and Barbosa has a 7.5 player option...WHAT ABOUT OUR TPE WE GOT FOR BOSH...dont hear much about that

kjoke
10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
i feel bad for the raptors they have a solid fan base that needs a wininng

smith&wesson
10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Pray for Harrison Barnes/ Perry Jones/ or Kyrie Irving, well at least that's what I'm doing.

:pray::pray:

Dol-Fan
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
I think Evans and Banks are expiring at 5 mil each and Barbosa has a 7.5 player option...WHAT ABOUT OUR TPE WE GOT FOR BOSH...dont hear much about that

I really doubt the TPE is used, they rarely are. Teams don't just want to give away talent for nothing, and teams with the TPE don't wanna take on long-term salary for mediocre players without giving any back.

jon32
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
1. Defense
5. Defense

It's Canada, lots of alchol is a given haha

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I really doubt the TPE is used, they rarely are. Teams don't just want to give away talent for nothing, and teams with the TPE don't wanna take on long-term salary for mediocre players without giving any back.

keeps getting better for us!....:facepalm: Id use it on Brand or possibly Arenas...but thats just me

soundjunkies2
10-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Vince Carter,Tracy Mcrady,Marcus Camby,Charles Oakley,Jalen Rose,Chris Bosh,Hedo Turkoglu...ever heard of these guys

The only player that chose to go there was Hedo. The rest were either acquired through trades or the draft.

JWO35
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Prepare to be called the Seattle Supersonics after the 2014 season...

thescore53
10-24-2010, 08:30 PM

why would that happen ? guess nba wants to lose money.

heyman321
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM

Lol says the person from Detroit.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
raptor fans please dont respond negatively to him. its just not worth it.

spreadeagle
10-24-2010, 08:37 PM
The only player that chose to go there was Hedo. The rest were either acquired through trades or the draft.

many were drafted then chose to resign there and Oak and Jalen love T.O still

JWO35
10-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Lol says the person from Detroit.

I guess...but seeing the Pistons will most likely get sold to the same guy that owns the Tigers, RedWings, and plans on building a new arena Downtown I think the Pistons are safe.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Raps moved, Toronto isn't a preferred destination NBA wise(I mean everyone bolts from there whenever they have a chance).

topdog
10-24-2010, 08:52 PM
I guess...but seeing the Pistons will most likely get sold to the same guy that owns the Tigers, RedWings, and plans on building a new arena Downtown I think the Pistons are safe.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Raps moved, Toronto isn't a preferred destination NBA wise(I mean everyone bolts from there whenever they have a chance).

It has so little to do with player choice and so much to do with profitability and ownership. From what I here (lol) Toronto sells out its games and even if they didn't some owners are willing to take losses for the love of the franchise/game.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM

detroit isnt ezactly a hot spot for free agents. but the the fact u said pistons wont go beacause team is being sold to the same owner of redwings would work for the raps also.

The team isnt owned by one person but multimillion company called MLSE.(maple leafs sports and entertainment) and they have never been in talks for selling. theres virtually no chance they move. unless the nba wants to lose some serious cash.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
so everyone how does this plan work.. trade bargs for a real C then draft a pg this year.

C
davis
kleiza
derozan
brandon knight

Dol-Fan
10-24-2010, 09:03 PM

VC signed 2 contract extensions and Bosh signed 1.

I wouldn't talk much being from Detroit, I mean it's just as cold there and unlike Toronto...it's a **** hole.

arkanian215
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Tank. There's plenty of good prospects at the top. Plenty of good young PG's and PF's and yeah that guy Barnes.

JWO35
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
detroit isnt ezactly a hot spot for free agents. but the the fact u said pistons wont go beacause team is being sold to the same owner of redwings would work for the raps also.

The team isnt owned by one person but multimillion company called MLSE.(maple leafs sports and entertainment) and they have never been in talks for selling. theres virtually no chance they move. unless the nba wants to lose some serious cash.

I see where you're coming from, ignorance on my part by not knowing it was owned by a Canadian Firm...Oh yeah you guys can forget about Perry Jones, he's ours :D

thescore53
10-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I see where you're coming from, ignorance on my part by not knowing it was owned by a Canadian Firm...Oh yeah you guys can forget about Perry Jones, he's ours :D

you can have him ........ i want barnes :drool:

NYtilIdie
10-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I think the Toronto Raptors are good for the NBA. They help attract fans outside the U.S.

Sadds The Gr8
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Tank. There's plenty of good prospects at the top. Plenty of good young PG's and PF's and yeah that guy Barnes.

this

thescore53
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
tank is just pathetic .

mjt20mik
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Kyrie Irving!

Imagine how disgusting our fast break would be with Irving and Derozan. Just thinking about it is making me drool!

DerekRE_3
10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
tank is just pathetic .

Kings did it, got Tyreke Evans.

FlakeyFool
10-24-2010, 10:11 PM
tank is just pathetic .

How is that pathetic? It's the only way we have a chance of getting a franchise player again.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 10:32 PM
How is that pathetic? It's the only way we have a chance of getting a franchise player again.

purposefully losing is alright by you ? and trust me raptors dont need any help to be a lottery team.

Gators123
10-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Kings did it, got Tyreke Evans.

Doesn't always turn out like that though...

thescore53
10-24-2010, 10:41 PM
celtics tanked and got allen,garnett :laugh2: and an nba championship

topdog
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
celtics tanked and got allen,garnett :laugh2: and an nba championship

But they also got what? The 6th pick? No Durrant so they had to get creative/lucky.

Finding a legit center is easier said than done. I would look to pick up whichever PG the Wolves make available next year* - Ridnour or Flynn. I don't know about Davis, but whatever it takes to get a crack at a center with 2-way potential I would do.

Baltoro
10-25-2010, 12:10 AM

example A: 09-10 New Jersey Nets

abe_froman
10-25-2010, 12:35 AM
purposefully losing is alright by you ? and trust me raptors dont need any help to be a lottery team.

no but it helps with percentages.you'll be lottery either way so why not aim for 25% at top 3 and a guaranteed 4 instead of a 5% at top 3,and a 9th (if the ping pongs dont go your way)

DerekRE_3
10-25-2010, 01:35 AM

Spurs did it, got Tim Duncan. SonicsThunder did it, got Kevin Durant. It's a better alternative than getting mediocre picks every year. If you have a good talent evaluator, then you'll get a good player if you have a top 5 pick. If you don't...well then...you're ****ed either way.

blacknell
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Vince Carter,Tracy Mcrady,Marcus Camby,Charles Oakley,Jalen Rose,Chris Bosh,Hedo Turkoglu...ever heard of these guys

How many of those players are still there? Better yet when they got the chance how many hurry up and got out of dodge? ALL OF THEM

CB29
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
And that was mostly as a favour to Belinelli because he wasn't going to see any playing time with DeRozan, Weems, and Barbosa ahead of him. They got Wright so that Banks would have someone to play cards with on the bench.

say what you want ink but those card games can get pretty damn competitive... I heard that last year Patrick o Bryant lost an eye.

marvILLous
10-25-2010, 04:43 PM
How many of those players are still there? Better yet when they got the chance how many hurry up and got out of dodge? ALL OF THEM

lol actually.. vc and bosh both signed extensions with the raptors.. hedo signed with toronto.. rose and camby were traded out of toronto so it's not like they left by not re-signing.. only t-mac left toronto and that was cuz he wanted to be the star of his team and not behind vc

sooooooooooo...

ramz.n
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
well if they can draft a very good pg or sf that is capable of being the franchise..derozan is a good athletic sg..a healthy ed davis is a good defensive forward who will also rebound..and with bargnani at c with a good defensive pf will be very good, bargnani is not a bad player hes just doesnt have any help d or any defensive awareness.

DerekRE_3
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
lol actually.. vc and bosh both signed extensions with the raptors.. hedo signed with toronto.. rose and camby were traded out of toronto so it's not like they left by not re-signing.. only t-mac left toronto and that was cuz he wanted to be the star of his team and not behind vc

sooooooooooo...

Hedo was paid a shitload to come though.

thescore53
10-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Hedo was paid a shitload to come though.

we did almost sign barnes... lol. but seriously is it really anyworse than most nba cities.

DerekRE_3
10-25-2010, 05:39 PM
we did almost sign barnes... lol. but seriously is it really anyworse than most nba cities.

Toronto? No, I'd imagine it's better than a good amount of cities in the NBA.