PDA

View Full Version : CB Walter Thurmond ready to make 1st career start!

House
10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Looks like he has a real TASK at hand tomorrow... Covering Larry Fitzgerald. I think this is going to be a real test for him. I'm hoping he has a GREAT game. I know he's still in the doghouse for the botched punt earlier this year, but he could possibly be the future of our CB position.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Rookie-to-the-rescue/4e5d1dde-b747-4c10-a266-086e18702ade

http://www.seahawkaddicts.com/2010-articles/october/thurmond-likely-to-start.html

Captain Planet
10-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Honestly he will get burned a few times but he is a better future option over Jennings...

furmat60
10-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Sweet! We are rebuilding, give the rookies a chance. Wouldn't hurt. It's not like Jennings is a great corner. I'm not worried!

Boozerguy47
10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
So here is a question... Would you rather have Tru on Fitz and use Thomas in the middle of the field... Or do we put Thurmond on Fitz and have Thomas shade to help him all game?

House
10-23-2010, 06:04 PM
So here is a question... Would you rather have Tru on Fitz and use Thomas in the middle of the field... Or do we put Thurmond on Fitz and have Thomas shade to help him all game?

I personally would put TRU on Fitz. Earl Thomas roaming the field is SO vital to us! Limiting him to shade Fitz will open up the other 2/3rds of the field and Whisenhunt could expose that.

Magic12ball
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
I personally would put TRU on Fitz. Earl Thomas roaming the field is SO vital to us! Limiting him to shade Fitz will open up the other 2/3rds of the field and Whisenhunt could expose that.

i dunno... Ive always felt like Trufant doesn't match up well at all with Fitz. I would put Thurmond on Fitz just for the added physicality and maybe roll some coverage over the top to Fitz's side. There are issues with both putting trufant on Fitz (Breaston can tear Thurmond a new one) and rolling coverage to support thurmond (openings in zones, etc.)

furmat60
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM

I agree with Thomas roaming the field. I would put TRU on Fitz as well. I know he's smaller and doesn't necessarily match up well with him, he is the most experienced corner on our roster, we are going to need him there.

Hawk503
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Let Earl roam!

Seattle4Ever
10-24-2010, 12:37 AM
^ Tru and Thurmond are both 5'11.

Boozerguy47
10-24-2010, 06:10 AM
EDIT

nevermind haha

SEAbeliever
10-24-2010, 08:21 AM
:laugh: You guys act like Max Hall is going to have enough time to throw it to Fitz all the time :D

Silly rabbit...

House
10-24-2010, 11:33 AM
:laugh: You guys act like Max Hall is going to have enough time to throw it to Fitz all the time :D

Silly rabbit...

That's why I say put TRU over there... the short dump offs and stuff will happen A LOT and I swear if we give up 20+ yards on another screen, I'm gonna be upset. Earl roaming can help eliminate that.

SEAbeliever
10-24-2010, 01:07 PM
We have to let the youth grow man, you can't grow when you're hiding from opportunities to grow, that's what Pete Carroll is doing. He's sticking these guys up against the best in the business. It's the only way to secure future victories.

I'm sure Thurmond will do fine. And it's not like it's Kurt Warner in there anymore, Max Hall hasn't even thrown for a TD this season :D

He will be rocked @ Qwest to be sure, and when he leaves he won't be saying stupid things like, "I've played in loud stadiums before." He'll be saying "NOW I have played in a loud stadium." :D

FWBrodie
10-24-2010, 01:37 PM
We want Truf on Fitz, no question. Also, there should ALWAYS be a safety over top. He's by far their best player, let's just completly take away as much of that as we can.

NateyB24
10-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Double him have Trufant and Thurmond both cover him i would just prefer it this way because Thurmond will make some rookie mistakes or have Thomas play him with Trufant. I think losing Jennings will hurt though as much as we have not liked Jennings i thought he was doing well in Petes new scheme he was defending the ball alot better then in past years imo.

Seattle4Ever
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
^ I'd like Milloy to take a nice shot on him.

NateyB24
10-24-2010, 01:58 PM
^ I'd like Milloy to take a nice shot on him.

That got me thinking you know how defenders block TE while there running there routes before 5 yards can you do that to WR to?

FWBrodie
10-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Jennings gets owned by Fitz everytime. I'm glad he's out.

furmat60
10-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Same. We should have gotten rid of him instead of Josh Wilson. But eh, and least we got a pick in the draft.

Seattle4Ever
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
That got me thinking you know how defenders block TE while there running there routes before 5 yards can you do that to WR to?

Yeah, it's completely legal. It's called a bump and run, or press.

Burleson81
10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Tru and Thurmond did such a great job on Fitzgerald. Thurmond's diving pass defense on Fitzgerald's slant route was a thing of beauty. Makes me wonder if J.Wilson would have done as good a job. And Thomas was roaming as always. I'm so glad we picked him over T.Mays. The secondary be beast-moding too.

SEAbeliever
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM

:cheers: Hell yeah, Jennings is the worst CB I've ever witnessed...I don't understand why they kept him, but I'm glad he's injured. A rookie just outclassed him, and hopefully will overtake his roster slot. He was Fitz' shadow yesterday and you could tell Fitz was just frustrated...LOVE IT!!

Burleson81
10-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Seahawks Young Guns. Good article on Thurmond and Thomas.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Young-guns/716eef8a-43b2-47dd-b2c2-35c78ddb7171

clang7777
10-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Guys, Walter Thurmond and Kelly Jennings are two ENTIRELY different corners. Walter plays much bigger than he is and is very strong for his size- which is evident on how he played Larry with his press coverage. Kelly Jennings can be an above average nickle corner in this league. He matches up much better in the slot against small WR's runnign inside routes than against a big #1 on the outside. If Walter shows this over the next few weeks he will earn his spot. For now, pat on the back, hell of a game for him, come out to Oakland and see what he can do against some burners.

PS- Carrol said the Thurmond pick is credited to Schnieder, so we can all thank Jon for that one! Great steal.

furmat60
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
^ Great steal! Also, I LOVE how Dungy said that we were the best team in the NFC. Man, that makes me happy!

Hawksfan2010
10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
^ Great steal! Also, I LOVE how Dungy said that we were the best team in the NFC. Man, that makes me happy!

I dont know man the Giants are getting tough again. I will get to go to this game my first at Qwest so what a game to go see. This will determine the best in the NFC.

NateyB24
10-27-2010, 01:36 AM
He had a really solid game :clap: to bad Jennings is still named starter by Pete. Hard to grade our pass coverage though Max Hall was so terrible that interception by Thomas was a easy pick no reciever near the ball and it just hung for him to intercept. Also did you see Fitz on some of those passes? He looked annoyed lol.

furmat60
10-27-2010, 04:49 AM
I dont know man the Giants are getting tough again. I will get to go to this game my first at Qwest so what a game to go see. This will determine the best in the NFC.

LUCKY! I'll be going to my 2nd Hawks game this year, against the Chiefs.