PDA

View Full Version : NBA could be headed for contraction

mike_noodles
10-23-2010, 08:27 AM
With David Stren announicng that contraction would be a possibility, who are the teams, you guys feel would be most likely to be contracted?

I am not going to vote, but I would say Memphis should be number one on the list.

bholly
10-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I understand that it might be good in the long run, because the talent would be more concentrated, and less teams mean you can play other teams more often, but there's no way I could pick a team. There's no team in the NBA I'd rather be without. Even if I had to pick one, it would take me forever to choose.

geraptor
10-23-2010, 09:03 AM
they are not gonna eliminate a team that sells out alot of games although they suck and didnt make the playoffs for two straight years...

jon32
10-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Toronto just seems not known in the u.s ...but are they considered small market because of that? they sell out every game and have bigger crowds and stuff than many other teams dont they?

bctgg27
10-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I would hate to see the NBA without any of these teams. But if I had to pick teams that would likely be taken out, I would say the Clippers, Timberwolves, and maybe the Raptors. But the Raptors are the only team out of the US and I think that would be the reason they stay.

WolvesJagsOs
10-23-2010, 10:26 AM
^lol, i dont see the Wolves being contracted.

I dont want to see any team being contracted.

Brew Crew
10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I think they need to take out one of the Cali teams. No way should Minnesota be taken out.

justinnum1
10-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Tougher than I thought...They just need to split revenue 50/50.

Hangtime
10-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, from a business standpoint I would think they would choose the team that has been losing the most money on avg over the course of previous years. its likely to be one of the smaller market teams. For me I hope it never comes down to this decision which is why I refuse to choose.

adidas2307
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Golden State Warriors are contracted. Now, how are the players from this team getting on other teams? Is there a special free agency type period where teams bid on these players or is this done by some other method?

camador22
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't see how cutting teams would be an option. Players need to take at the very least a forth of a pay cut and half guarenteed contracts. If it came down to it then the Grizzles and Bobcats are at the top of the list. No one cares for the Clippers but there's still many teams who are in a worse situation. Things are going to get real ugly by Christmas between the union and Stern.

MrfadeawayJB
10-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Noooo!!!

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM
If he has to contract i hope he does Not **** up with Traditional Franchises.

it shodl be Last in First out.

so 1 Okc ( or send them back where they belong
2 Bobcats
3 Grizzlies
4 Raptors.

The rest of franchises ahve been around form nmore than 20 years and woudlnt be fair.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Golden State Warriors are contracted. Now, how are the players from this team getting on other teams? Is there a special free agency type period where teams bid on these players or is this done by some other method?

dispersal draft.

Has been done before in the 50s and 60s and when aba folded.

beasted86
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Why are people voting for teams like the Clippers, Warriors, and Raptors who are usually tops in attendance and can turn a profit? Having bad players doesn't mean you should be contracted.

Actually I'm agreeing with the guy above that they should contract OKC. If you have a top 5-6 player you make the playoffs, have full attendance, and your team's salary is below the salary cap and you still can't turn a profit, you are destined for turmoil when the team eventually has rebuilding years. Yes, if you don't believe me google it... OKC was in the red last season and had to borrow money from the league.

DerekRE_3
10-23-2010, 01:13 PM

2 Bobcats
3 Grizzlies
4 Raptors.

The rest of franchises ahve been around form nmore than 20 years and woudlnt be fair.

Haha there's no way they cut the Thunder from the league. And every collective bargaining agreement contraction is mentioned. It never happens.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Haha there's no way they cut the Thunder from the league. And every collective bargaining agreement contraction is mentioned. It never happens.

well they lost money last season, WITH durant, playoffs, a low really low comitment in salarys,.....go figure.

DerekRE_3
10-23-2010, 01:21 PM
well they lost money last season, WITH durant, playoffs, a low really low comitment in salarys,.....go figure.

Well considering that this whole contraction thing is just a scare tactic that the NBA uses every time they are negotiating a new CBA, I wouldn't take this threat seriously. Hmm...if you want your way, wouldn't you mention something like contraction that would cost a lot of people and players jobs to scare the other side a bit?

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Well considering that this whole contraction thing is just a scare tactic that the NBA uses every time they are negotiating a new CBA, I wouldn't take this threat seriously. Hmm...if you want your way, wouldn't you mention something like contraction that would cost a lot of people and players jobs to scare the other side a bit?

the fun thing is the players SHOULD and COULD have the ipper hand if they werent so coward.

No players, noo nba, worse players in teh nba and the good signingin abroad end of the nba.

They should force Free Market like in the rest of the world.

LeBroom
10-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Did you read what i wrote?

LAST IN FIRST OUT.

WHos the last franchise to join? THunder

And the next ? Bobcats

And the next? Grizz and Raptros.

Btw im reporting your baiting.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???

New York Knickerbockers and the Toronto Huskies was the FIRST EVER NBA GAME played. How the hell is the Raptors a new franchise?

Hangtime
10-23-2010, 01:25 PM
It's just negotiation tactics. They always bring up worst case scenarios during these talks.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 01:27 PM

New York Knickerbockers and the Toronto Huskies was the FIRST EVER NBA GAME played. How the hell is the Raptors a new franchise?

raptors have NO link to huskies.

and have only been in the league since mid 90s

Hangtime
10-23-2010, 01:27 PM

That game was played in the 40's and the Huskies eventually folded. The Raps have been around since 95.

Kenny Powders
10-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Why contract teams that bring in a profit? Can't speak for any of the others but the Raptors continually sell out and bring in a profit. No way that is happening.

topdog
10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
I hope contraction doesn't happen and I think it might just be tough talk, but the most likely candidates wouldn't just be small-market teams losing money, but those with owners who want out because of that and I don't see Glenn Taylor (who has always been willing to spend) to be one of those. Heisley = yes and I don't know who owns the Hornets but I don't know that a poor city like Louisiana has money to spend on a middle-of-the-pack team.

Jays Claw
10-23-2010, 01:47 PM
There is no way in hell Stern even has ideas of contracting the Raptors. They attract such a large fanbase while their revenue in merchandise and ticket sales are mind-boggling. Yeah, I'm sure the NBA wants to contract a team that has an entire country supporting it. Not to mention what just transpired in the preseason when the Raptors visited Vancouver and Montreal.

Supa
10-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Contraction is Stern's negotiation plot, no team will be cut.

---

JerseysFinest
10-23-2010, 01:52 PM
hopefully no team is contracted and all these negotiations will end and there won't be a lockout?

Raoul Duke
10-23-2010, 01:53 PM
It's kind of a BS argument. I'd like to see someone list the teams in accordance to how much money they lost, and compare that to whether or not the value of the team went up.

For example, the Blazers reported losses of around 20 million a year ago, but the value of their franchise went up by 10%. I'm not an expert by any means, but doesn't that offset some of the losses?

DerekRE_3
10-23-2010, 03:53 PM
the fun thing is the players SHOULD and COULD have the ipper hand if they werent so coward.

No players, noo nba, worse players in teh nba and the good signingin abroad end of the nba.

They should force Free Market like in the rest of the world.

Not really. The owners write the checks. And the rest of society will never side with the players because they make millions of dollars playing a game. I really doubt the average Joe will sympathize with a player making only 6 million instead of 10 million dollars a year.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Not really. The owners write the checks. And the rest of society will never side with the players because they make millions of dollars playing a game. I really doubt the average Joe will sympathize with a player making only 6 million instead of 10 million dollars a year.

So people prefare to side with BILLIONARE owners so they can win 40 millions dollars a year instead of 25 with their product?:confused:

ccg34
10-23-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/stern-says-eliminating-teams-could-be-part-of-labor-discussion-424232.html
Hopefully this doesn't happen. I don't want any city to get their team taken away from them like what happened to us in Seattle. I don't know what teams could be on their way out. What would happen to the players if their team got erased? Would they become free agents?

DerekRE_3
10-23-2010, 04:12 PM
So people prefare to side with BILLIONARE owners so they can win 40 millions dollars a year instead of 25 with their product?:confused:

That's generally how it has worked in past strikes yeah. Also, these owners don't make any money. They hope to break even. The players do a lot better than that.

black1605
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545195

Sly Guy
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Why are people voting for teams like the Clippers, Warriors, and Raptors who are usually tops in attendance and can turn a profit? Having bad players doesn't mean you should be contracted.

smart man. The teams listed seem to just be the ones projected to have bad seasons, or ones who haven't put out a good team recently. Teams struggling to pay bills are the ones that lose their franchise, not teams that suck but still manage to turn a profit.

asandhu23
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
lol this is the first time i have seen PSD being used as a link to news on PSD

SA5195
10-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Aren't we the 4th largest market team? Stern would lose ALOT of money if they contracted us.

LAKERMANIA
10-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Clippers. /thread

thescore53
10-23-2010, 04:23 PM

2 Bobcats
3 Grizzlies
4 Raptors.

who cares about tradition ? its all about the dollaz. and eliminating a top 6 revenue team and huge nba market in a international market is dumb *** buisness decision.

abe_froman
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Contraction is Stern's negotiation plot, no team will be cut.

---

this.

and no way would okc be gone after all they did to get the sonics there,same with bobcats mj just bought it the3y wont be eliminated so fast afterward.

if any go it would be hornets and grizz with realignment. but honestly,no team will contract.its all a negotiation ploy

RenegadeRiot36
10-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I would say Sacramento, but i have a scary feeling that Tyreke and Cousins might be the ones to turn that team around for good.

abe_froman
10-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I would say Sacramento, but i have a scary feeling that Tyreke and Cousins might be the ones to turn that team around for good.

i think they're a good candidate to with the whole stadium fiasco...though they will probably just be moved.

FlakeyFool
10-23-2010, 04:40 PM
a lot of misinformed people in this thread

asandhu23
10-23-2010, 04:44 PM
NO WAY IN HELL ARE WARRIORS DYING OUT. Storied franchise even though recently we sucked for 18 years. The best fans in NBA. Second biggest franchise and market in California.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 04:46 PM
NO WAY IN HELL ARE WARRIORS DYING OUT. Storied franchise even though recently we sucked for 18 years. The best fans in NBA. Second biggest franchise and market in California.

best fans ? i agree they shouldnt move though.

asandhu23
10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
best fans ? i agree they shouldnt move though.

they are just moving like 10 miles across the SF Bay from Oakland to San Francisco. not that big of a difference. Its like 49ers moving to Santa Clara. its still on the SF Peninsula in SF Bay Area. no big deal

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
well warriors used to be in SF and is not like you cant drive from Okland to watch them.

I have no problem wiht tht ·" relocation·"

Gibby
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
First of all i dont think they are going to contract. but The people who are saying the the Raptors are crazy.

In 2009 According to Frobes

Raptors ranked 7th in Operating Income in the NBA
Raptors were ranked as 11th most valuable NBA frnachise

And this was a year were raptors struggled

So to combat this financial problem, they are going to get rid one of the most profitable nba franhcises? Plus the raptors have so much more room to grow because of the market they are in. People who voted for toronto have no idea what they are talking about.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 05:02 PM
First of all i dont think they are going to contract. but The people who are saying the the Raptors are crazy.

In 2009 According to Frobes

Raptors ranked 7th in Operating Income in the NBA
Raptors were ranked as 11th most valuable NBA frnachise

And this was a year were raptors struggled

So to combat this financial problem, they are going to get rid one of the most profitable nba franhcises? Plus the raptors have so much more room to grow because of the market they are in. People who voted for toronto have no idea what they are talking about.

crooner wants to get rid of teams based on history. he believes this is a good measuring stick.

spreadeagle
10-23-2010, 05:11 PM
No teams! im sure all teams in the NBA have some Diehard fans who would be crushed if there team they have spent paychecks on left.Who said Toronto? typical American responce...if it aint American you dont care.Raptor fans SUPPORT crappy teams and go and cheer there ***'s off.Toronto as a city has a ton of money and will always sell tons of merch and have no problems selling tix.When we have a crap team there are more ppl at a game then a good Atlanta team.when we have a decent team its mostly sell outs.Its is a Hockey town but The raptors draw fans from all of Ontario and Canada as a country.and with the Jays never making the playoffs cause of the Yanks and Sox there is lots of fans building year by year

thescore53
10-23-2010, 05:13 PM
annnnnnnd a canadian was the one who added the raptors on the poll.

:pity: i find your lack of faith disturbing.

AsfanSince99
10-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know why ppl are voting for the Warriors, someone just bought them for a record $450M. And they sell out.

The team that needs to go is the bobcats. North Carolina is dominated by college basketball, they could care less abt a bunch of overpaid millionaires, not to mention the fans got burnt once by the hornets and aren't coming out to support the b'cats.

Luke_K77bear
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
the Kings would go before the warriors. Golden state has no shortage of fans. maybe the clippers, i would think everyone is laker fans. there is a lot of laker fans in the bay area! I don't want to see ant teams go. I'd like to see seattle SuperSonics come back. i hear seattle is really big on basketball. it makes sense since it rains so much.

mike_noodles
10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
annnnnnnd a canadian was the one who added the raptors on the poll.

:pity: i find your lack of faith disturbing.

Yes I added the Raps, and believe me I would cry if they took my team from me. But I'm sure some Americans and Canadians feel the Raps shouldn't be there. (As is proven through the conversation that is going on here right now).

Also I should've added the Bucks since they were the ones spoken of in the article.

AND if the league were to do last in, first out, OKC WOULD NOT be the first ones out, it would be Charlotte (2004) out first, then either the Raps or Grizz (1995). Relocation and expansion are not the same things.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 05:57 PM
why would the league do last in first out ?

thescore53
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
i mean the whole reason for contraction would be beacause of money.

Master P
10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
why is nobody mentioning cleveland? both the population and economic strength of the city have been shrinking for years....

toronto is the fourth largest market in the nba; however, one could agrue that it's anywhere between 1st-4th. oversimplified reasoning: new york has 22 million people, two teams, so an 11 million:1 team fan base. LA, 18? million people, 2 teams. 9 million: 1 team fan base. Chicago, 8? million people: 1 team. Toronto: 5 million people, but account for each broadcast being national in Canada then: Canada: 30 million: 1 team.

SugeKnight
10-23-2010, 06:42 PM
If clippers get contracted, Warriors call dibs on Griffin, Gordon and Kaman :D

daleja424
10-23-2010, 06:50 PM
fine, but HEAT call Aminu, Jordan, and Davis...

HoopsDrive
10-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Clippers.

And Raps won't get folded. Our team sucks balls but the fans are loyal, continuously filling seats in the arena and turning a good profit by year's end. The fact that it's the only team in Canada will also help the Raps' cause.

Tymer
10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I went with Twolves since they have been rebuilding for awhile now, Grizz are showing signs of playoff contenders so I doubt they get folded. Raptors may be folded since they have no major stars but being the only team outside U.S. and we always sell out I think they stay around.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 07:22 PM
fine, but HEAT call Aminu, Jordan, and Davis...

no. stop hogging all the talent :mad:

adidas2307
10-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Other: Miami HEAT

thescore53
10-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I went with Twolves since they have been rebuilding for awhile now, Grizz are showing signs of playoff contenders so I doubt they get folded. Raptors may be folded since they have no major stars but being the only team outside U.S. and we always sell out I think they stay around.

it doesnt matter if they suck or not. top 6 income team and 11th in fran valuation. and thats with 15 yrs of losing. imagine just imagine if lebron was on our team :drool: can u say top 2 franchise .

thescore53
10-23-2010, 07:44 PM
1 Los Angeles Lakers 607 4 20 209 51.1
3 Chicago Bulls 511 2 11 168 51.0
4 Detroit Pistons 479 0 0 171 46.9
6 Houston Rockets 470 0 15 160 30.3
2 New York Knicks 586 -4 0 202 21.0
9 Phoenix Suns 429 -5 43 148 20.7
10 San Antonio Spurs 398 -4 12 133 19.1
11 Toronto Raptors 386 -3 38 133 18.0
8 Boston Celtics 433 -3 42 144 12.9

these teams make way too much to be contracted

Bulls_fan90
10-23-2010, 07:48 PM
The Miami Heat should be contracted.

pistonsfanomg
10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry but my Pistons will not be contracted lmao

pistonsfanomg
10-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Probably Memphis out of all teams lol

ink
10-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Clippers.

And Raps won't get folded. Our team sucks balls but the fans are loyal, continuously filling seats in the arena and turning a good profit by year's end. The fact that it's the only team in Canada will also help the Raps' cause.

I agree. I can't see any way that they would want to contract their only "foreign" based team. It would be like admitting the NBA is really just an American sport in a way. They want to expand internationally and if they have to contract it would be away from US markets that aren't supporting the teams.

WadeCounty
10-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Other: Miami HEAT

no lie, if it wasn't for us keeping wade and getting lebron and bosh we would probably have a strong chance of that happening. Miami is full of bandwagoners and would never sellout a game after our championship run if it wasn't for the lakers coming and now that they know we are going to be winning games. Miami was lossing a lot of money these past few seasons as well as micky arrisons carnival cruiseline was suffering as well. "Miami has a big market" i'm an unbiased fan and thats a load of ****, we could have been one of the citys in the red for losing their team of wade would have left

NeutralFan
10-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Flint Tropics

jimbobjarree
10-23-2010, 09:11 PM
surely the rules would be similar to when an office has to downsize. The last hired are the first fired.

who would that be...Bobcats?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Stern will not contract the Raptors.

The Raptors still make money even when they get it bad.

Rafer17
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
LA doesnt need two teams....Clippers

PHX2daDEATH
10-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I picked Minnesota and Memphis.....i think what they should do is..keep the franchises but put em in the D-league.. then draft the players to the other NBA Imagine if these two teams got contracted... Would OJ Mayo be the first player picked?

PHX2daDEATH
10-23-2010, 10:22 PM
my bet is that the Clippers are moving to Vegas... just a hunch

mzgrizz
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Probably Memphis out of all teams lol

Stern is already quoted as Memphis not having to worry; which is less than the Pistons had from Memphis last night.............

Gators123
10-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Stern is already quoted as Memphis not having to worry; which is less than the Pistons had from Memphis last night.............

uhh what? you beat the Pistons in a preseason game by 3 points and that makes you excited? :crazy:

asandhu23
10-23-2010, 10:50 PM
If clippers get contracted, Warriors call dibs on Griffin, Gordon and Kaman :D

Baron Davis, bish

mzgrizz
10-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes siree it does. They won all their preaseason games and that statistically puts us closer to the playoffs again. Not reading much lately?

mzgrizz
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
uhh what? you beat the Pistons in a preseason game by 3 points and that makes you excited? :crazy:

Let me readdress this. Going 8-0 should make any teams' fans excited....they mean business this year. What dog do you have in this hunt?

allvalleychamp
10-23-2010, 11:07 PM
unfortunately im thinking sacramento and memphis...sacramento cant get a modern arena after a number of attempts, although this may be a political move by the NBA to get sacramento to find a plan to get something built

mzgrizz
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/oct/22/memphis-shouldnt-be-worried-about-nba-contraction/

Click on sports and then Grizzlies if you really want to read Stern's comments

pistonsfanomg
10-23-2010, 11:16 PM

its preseason bro

u still remember this? http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=291028029

mzgrizz
10-23-2010, 11:20 PM
^^^^^^Well sure. That was then , this is now. I'll be sure and circle the date Detroit comes to Memphis and be sure I get the seats that night. And that would be sista girl to you, bro.

Eye_B_Hung
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I say we contract David Stern.

Gibby
10-23-2010, 11:31 PM

that shouldnt be a factor, there are always going to be bad teams. As long as they make money Stern wont allow the raptors to be contracted.

Gambeezy
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Cavs should be on this list...That franchise may not turn a profit next year. You're in trouble when the best player on your team is Mo Williams.

All joking aside, I would be upset to see any team contracted.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 12:02 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/oct/22/memphis-shouldnt-be-worried-about-nba-contraction/

Click on sports and then Grizzlies if you really want to read Stern's comments

damn heisly is one rich mofo. but he's still cheap :pity: :D

thescore53
10-24-2010, 12:04 AM
"If there are markets where there may not be buyers for teams that are looking to be sold, that raises the issue of contraction."

^^ this should clear things up.

VinceCarter
10-24-2010, 12:09 AM
dispersal draft.

Has been done before in the 50s and 60s and when aba folded.

Dibs on Curry for the Nets!! :p

mzgrizz
10-24-2010, 05:02 PM
damn heisly is one rich mofo. but he's still cheap :pity: :D

No argument there. He needs to run his non-basketball businesses himself and leave the hoops world to the pros......just open the wallet a bit and enjoy the game.

todu82
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM
The Clippers and other-Indiana Pacers. The Pistons will never ever contrac

pistonsfanomg
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
^^^^^^Well sure. That was then , this is now. I'll be sure and circle the date Detroit comes to Memphis and be sure I get the seats that night. And that would be sista girl to you, bro.

ok ;) buy the tickets ;P

tbone2171
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I picked Minnesota and Memphis.....i think what they should do is..keep the franchises but put em in the D-league.. then draft the players to the other NBA Imagine if these two teams got contracted... Would OJ Mayo be the first player picked?

Two of the dumbest statements I've heard.. Anyways there is no way that contraction is happening

avrpatsfan
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
If they contract anybody it should be the Clippers. LA already has a team so there would be no huge problems.

junion
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
just combine the lakers and clippers, and the nets and the knicks

then have a $ + wins race to see which teams will get eliminated. have a tournament bracket style thing, with one-loss elimination, the losers play each other until there are 1-2 teams who have lost all their games..

then every player in the nba becomes a free agent and every team negotiates with the players and end up with whoever they get. or have a redraft of the whole nba, but each team can start with one player - their best player.

then we all wake up because this is really just a negotiation plot, and no team is going to be eliminated. this is similar to when players say "i want $5 mil/year" when really they know they would get $2-3mil, but they try to get as much as they can.

PS. if we had to eliminate, i'd go backwards from the newest teams to the oldest teams being eliminated.

junion
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
If they contract anybody it should be the Clippers. LA already has a team so there would be no huge problems.

there still could be a lot of problems with that because although there are fans who love the clippers and the lakers, a lot of people in la like either the lakers or the clippers. in la, they are seen as two separate teams, it's not like "oh the clippers didn't make the playoffs, so now i'll cheer for the lakers". as a matter of fact, it sometimes goes as far as some people hating the lakers because they're a clippers fan... or they are an la fan, but hate the lakers.

avrpatsfan
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
It still makes no sense to have 2 teams in LA. If any team gets contacted it should still be LA. That way a city doesn't lose the chance to have a basketball team.

el_primo_nano
10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Damn thats nuts man!! Are they doing that bad!?!? I guess Memphis.. I dont see any of those other teams being contracted

thescore53
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM

wait ur a girl :drool: i mean ye should be a good time.

Hellcrooner
10-24-2010, 09:21 PM
for people aiming at clippers because of the two teams in L.A.

SHoudl we fold the mets or the yankess?

giants or Jets?

Islanders or Ranger5s'?

Dodger or Agngels

CLippers MAKE MONEY so they are safe.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
for people aiming at clippers because of the two teams in L.A.

SHoudl we fold the mets or the yankess?

giants or Jets?

Islanders or Ranger5s'?

Dodger or Agngels

CLippers MAKE MONEY so they are safe.

werent u the one who said raptors should be folded ??? contradictory on ur part isnt it.

Hellcrooner
10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
werent u the one who said raptors should be folded ??? contradictory on ur part isnt it.

search me where i said they SHOULD be folded.

What i said is older team should have and advantage over newer team s if there msut bae a cut.

And raptors are the Third Newest ( tid with Grizzlies) after tunder and Bobcats.

thescore53
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
^^ thats just Preposterous.

Chateamsfan
10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Those who say Bobcats should be contracted are dumb. Once the NBA sees the Bobcats get into the playoffs for the 2nd straight year, and how they are selling tickets, then they wont be contracted.

mzgrizz
10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
ok ;) buy the tickets ;P

Already got 'em
I'll wave to you from courtside....:D

mzgrizz
10-24-2010, 11:47 PM
^^ thats just Preposterous.

Yes, it is. Agreed.

Mplsman
10-24-2010, 11:48 PM
^lol, i dont see the Wolves being contracted.

I dont want to see any team being contracted.

This.

mzgrizz
10-24-2010, 11:50 PM
This.

And this.

hihbidty
10-25-2010, 02:32 AM
I'd hate to see the wolves contracted.

They finally have a team worth watching. I can not blame the public for not wanting to go to a sports game when the management fails to gather the talent it takes to compete at a high level.

Minnesota may be some what of a bandwagon state because the public will draw good crowds if the team is winning. It is definitely more of a hockey state, but if the team competes they will draw big numbers.

I think the contraction will come down to which owners do not want to continue to lose more money. Not sure if Glenn Taylor is willing to do that. He was just re-elected the chair of the board.

I wont vote cause it would suck for any city to lose a team.

Wade>You
10-25-2010, 04:42 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers anyone?

News24/7
10-25-2010, 06:33 AM
the clippers are a waste of space imo.

thescore53
10-25-2010, 08:16 AM
its only teams who are tryna be sold but no one wants to buy. stern may that clear. so this unncessary guessing of who should go is worthless.

and this isnt a fairy tale. so it wont be last in first out.

tbone2171
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Other - Lakers