PDA

View Full Version : Is Pau Gasol a Hall of Fame lock?

kArSoN RyDaH
10-23-2010, 01:02 AM
simple question.

Hustlenomics
10-23-2010, 01:05 AM
No.

kblo247
10-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Yes because of 3 Finals trips, 2 rings, all star appearances, and his Spanish accolades.

THE GIPPER
10-23-2010, 01:12 AM
No

godolphins
10-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Not even close

JRisdabest
10-23-2010, 01:26 AM
wtf umm no

Tmo440
10-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Yea what has he done the past decade to make him even worthy of hall of fame consideration?? I know he won a championship, but that doesn't mean you get into the hall of fame.

LAcowBOMBER
10-23-2010, 01:36 AM
This debate has been had a number of times and the thing that some people forget is it is the basketball hall of fame not NBA Hall of Fame. His combined numbers and success internationally and in the NBA make him a very reasonable candidate.

BradyIsTheMan12
10-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Can he get there? Yes. Is he a lock? No. I love Gasol's game but it's hasty to call him a HOFer yet, I do think if he can keep it up for a while longer and win another ring then he's got a good shot though.

THE GIPPER
10-23-2010, 01:50 AM
honestly you could replace pau with sooo many guys and the lake show still woulda won the last two titles

lostmymind
10-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Can he get there? Yes. Is he a lock? No. I love Gasol's game but it's hasty to call him a HOFer yet, I do think if he can keep it up for a while longer and win another ring then he's got a good shot though.

ditto

LAcowBOMBER
10-23-2010, 01:57 AM
honestly you could replace pau with sooo many guys and the lake show still woulda won the last two titles

No, you really couldn't. There are only a small number of post players as good as him. And his international accolades need to be considered because its the basketball hall of fame, not NBA hall of fame

TrueFan420
10-23-2010, 02:02 AM
prob by the end of his career but not a lock yet

kblo247
10-23-2010, 02:03 AM

Amare? No
Dirk? No
Duncan? Yeah
Boozer? Hell no
KG? Maybe if the knee holds up

It is the Basketball HOF, which means his Spanish accolades have merit

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 02:04 AM
haha LOL this is a funny question.. i almost didnt think it was serious. how the hell are people actually voting yes... must be all laker fans.

Chacarron
10-23-2010, 02:04 AM
This debate has been had a number of times and the thing that some people forget is it is the basketball hall of fame not NBA Hall of Fame. His combined numbers and success internationally and in the NBA make him a very reasonable candidate.

Exactly. He has won in the NBA and internationally.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Amare? No
Dirk? No
Duncan? Yeah
Boozer? Hell no

thats just making me laugh.... stop please :laugh2:

_KB24_
10-23-2010, 02:07 AM
His international accolades will get him in as of now. NBA wise, I would say its debatable.

bolts4ever
10-23-2010, 02:07 AM
The reality is that he is allready the most succesful euro to ever play.

That being said if LA wins one more hell have 3 chips in 4 appearances, and hes a LAKER!!!! the commitee wont be able to keep him out.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 02:15 AM
he's won rings cuz of Kobe

is Amar'e a lock for the HOF? i dont think so...

compare this

Gasol
18.8 ppg
9.0 rpg
.521 FG%
1.7 bpg

Amar'e
21.4 ppg
8.9 rpg
.554 FG%
1.4 bpg

its hard to look at that and say without a doubt who's having the better career.

neither is a lock, but both can get there.

LAcowBOMBER
10-23-2010, 02:21 AM

compare this

Gasol
18.8 ppg
9.0 rpg
.521 FG%
1.7 bpg

Amar'e
21.4 ppg
8.9 rpg
.554 FG%
1.4 bpg

its hard to look at that and say without a doubt who's having the better career.

Do people not read my posts and the posts of others? It's not the NBA hall of Fame. It's the basketball hall of fame. He's going to get in, he is the most successful International player ever and he has good numbers and success in the NBA

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Do people not read my posts and the posts of others? It's not the NBA hall of Fame. It's the basketball hall of fame. He's going to get in, he is the most successful International player ever and he has good numbers and success in the NBA

yea people read your posts, but that doesnt mean everyone thinks u know everything like u want people to believe.

Chacarron
10-23-2010, 02:39 AM
yea people read your posts, but that doesnt mean everyone thinks u know everything like u want people to believe.

He is just telling the truth. The Basketball Hall of Fame does not only credit NBA achievements, otherwise people like the late Drazen Petrovic would not be in it.

Storch
10-23-2010, 02:44 AM
He's a lock to be a hall of fame for Spain. But he's not a lock for the NBA hall of fame.

Does the NBA even take into account success outside the NBA?

Antipod
10-23-2010, 02:53 AM
nope. the only lock from LAL is Kobe

kArSoN RyDaH
10-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Amare? No
Dirk? No
Duncan? Yeah
Boozer? Hell no

yea i agree none of those guys fit our system. pau meshes perfectly with kobe. duncan and kobe would probably be the only player that actually is better. but individually i think dirk, duncan, and kg are/were better than Pau at one point. boozer? not so much.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-23-2010, 03:14 AM
i wonder if players in europe consider pllayers in america "international" players. lol :laugh2:

metsjetsfan
10-23-2010, 03:22 AM
haha no way sorry

conway429
10-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Amare? No
Dirk? No
Duncan? Yeah
Boozer? Hell no

KG gets in well before Gasol IMO...

Avenged
10-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Don't see how Gasol and the HOF is funny..

Need to check his resume before some of you start laughing. :shrug:

kArSoN RyDaH
10-23-2010, 03:31 AM

he is talking about who he would take OVER gasol, for the lakers. not HOF.

Avenged
10-23-2010, 03:35 AM

KG, Dirk, and Duncan all do.

CBCable
10-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Amare? No
Dirk? No
Duncan? Yeah
Boozer? Hell no

DUDE, come ON.

Replace Pau with Dirk and the Lakeshow would've won in 08, 09, '10, '11.. etc etc until they both retire.

You are a fool.

Boulevard
10-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Not only is Gasol a Hall Of Famer in the future...

His number is retired on Fig.

Real
spit

Switch
10-23-2010, 03:56 AM
No way is Gasol a lock to make the hall of fame. That is just absurd. Does he have a chance? Maybe. It all depends how he finishes his career. The way I see it, he wont make it.

He has 12192 points and 5821 rebounds at age 30.
He'll need to score 20,000 points and grab over 10,000 rebounds to be even considered.
I don't see him doing that with his current age.

kblo247
10-23-2010, 04:03 AM
No way is Gasol a lock to make the hall of fame. That is just absurd. Does he have a chance? Maybe. It all depends how he finishes his career. The way I see it, he wont make it.

He has 12192 points and 5821 rebounds at age 30.
He'll need to score 20,000 points and grab over 10,000 rebounds to be even considered.
I don't see him doing that with his current age.

There is no such thing as the NBA HOF.

There is a basketball HOF. It accepts Olympic teams, coaches, owners, NBA players, ABA players, and International players based on their resume's.

Pau is by far the most successful European player in history. For those who say Ginobili, buy a map.

He has 2 titles, 3 finals trips, 3 all star selections, a world championship, a world championship MVP, a Euroleague mvp, Spanish MVP, and ROY on his resume'.

He is a lock without a doubt since there is a Basketball HOF and not a NBA HOF people.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Don't see how Gasol and the HOF is funny..

Need to check his resume before some of you start laughing. :shrug:

because 18 ppg and 9 rpg isnt good enough for your career. and he's only at 12,000 pts for his career. he probably doesnt get to the milestone numbers he would need to get in... its possible later but the question of the thread was RIGHT NOW. so if he retired right now, not a chance.

kblo247
10-23-2010, 04:07 AM
DUDE, come ON.

Replace Pau with Dirk and the Lakeshow would've won in 08, 09, '10, '11.. etc etc until they both retire.

You are a fool.

Dirk cannot play center as his primary position successfully. He is too soft to even play with his back to the basket as much as Pau did in 08. Hell he couldn't even be a post player versus the Hornets that year.

kblo247
10-23-2010, 04:13 AM
because 18 ppg and 9 rpg isnt good enough for your career. and he's only at 12,000 pts for his career. he probably doesnt get to the milestone numbers he would need to get in... its possible later but the question of the thread was RIGHT NOW. so if he retired right now, not a chance.

You know that the NBA is not the only criteria for getting in to the basketball hall of fame correct?

There are four different committes that judge them.
- women
- american professionals
- international players
- collegiate play

Pau is a lock by the simple fact that he falls into the international criteria and has a NBA resume' to only bolster his overseas achievement. There is no European player that rivals him from an achievement standpoint in basketball. (Please know that Ginobili is from South America and that Kukoc wasn't an all star)

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 04:19 AM
You know that the NBA is not the only criteria for getting in to the basketball hall of fame correct?

There are four different committed that judge them.
- women
- american professionals
- international players
- collegiate play

Pau is a lock by the simple fact that he falls into the international criteria and has a NBA resume' to only bolster his overseas achievement. There is no European player that rivals him from an achievement standpoint in basketball. (Please know that Ginobili is from South America and that Kukoc wasn't an all star)

i didnt realize that you're a member of the committee therefore you know 100% that he is a lock.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 04:22 AM

There are four different committes that judge them.
- women
- american professionals
- international players
- collegiate play

22 people think no and 10 think yes so far... guess you're smarter than most people.. this is vital information to know. glad thats cleared up.

kblo247
10-23-2010, 04:23 AM
I do realize that you know absolutely nothing about how a person is selected for the basketball hall of fame and help perpetuate the negative stereotypes of Americans being myopic.

Congrats

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 04:24 AM
I do realize that you know absolutely nothing about how a person is selected for the basketball hall of fame and help perpetuate the negative stereotypes of Americans being myopic.

Congrats

lol you're trying to sound so smart... i think you're convincing people. keep going...

soundjunkies2
10-23-2010, 04:38 AM
BASKETBALL hall of fame.. definitely.

soundjunkies2
10-23-2010, 04:42 AM

compare this

Gasol
18.8 ppg
9.0 rpg
.521 FG%
1.7 bpg

Amar'e
21.4 ppg
8.9 rpg
.554 FG%
1.4 bpg

Amar'e doesn't have the achievements that Pau has.

Dol-Fan
10-23-2010, 04:47 AM
He's a lock to be a hall of fame for Spain. But he's not a lock for the NBA hall of fame.

Does the NBA even take into account success outside the NBA?

Yes, read the thread. It's been said multiple times. It is the BASKETBALL hall of fame.

And yes, he's in. Maybe not if his career ended spontaneously today, but especially if he wins 1 or 2 more championships with the Lakers, he'll get in. Consider him somewhat like a Robert Parish.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Amar'e doesn't have the achievements that Pau has.

only doesnt have the ring.

Amar'e 5 all star games
Gasol 3 all star games

Gasol has some intl achievements but Amar'e has arguably had the better career.

bklynny67
10-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Yes, read the thread. It's been said multiple times. It is the BASKETBALL hall of fame.

And yes, he's in. Maybe not if his career ended spontaneously today, but especially if he wins 1 or 2 more championships with the Lakers, he'll get in. Consider him somewhat like a Robert Parish.

maybe u should read the thread better!

it says would he get in the HOF RIGHT NOW! therefore ur answer should be no since thats what u just said.

Dol-Fan
10-23-2010, 05:15 AM
maybe u should read the thread better!

it says would he get in the HOF RIGHT NOW! therefore ur answer should be no since thats what u just said.

I said MAYBE not if his career ended spontaneously today. His international achievements count for something. Hence why I did not vote, I am undecided, but for the people being so quick to say "no", you may want to rethink his career accomplishments outside and within the NBA. If you all remember, Kobe was damn close to requesting a trade out of LA, and hadn't won a 'ship without a sidekick since Shaq when Gasol came to the rescue.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

Jenceman
10-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Everyone who voted no basically loses every ounce of basketball credit. Every last drop.

It's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame, so Pau is without a doubt with just his spanish accolades.

Kefman2110
10-23-2010, 06:11 AM
nope

Sadds The Gr8
10-23-2010, 07:37 AM
lock? hell no.

lakers4sho
10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Basketball Hall of Fame. Basketball.

Players who have never played a second in the NBA have been inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

godolphins
10-23-2010, 11:13 AM
haha LOL this is a funny question.. i almost didnt think it was serious. how the hell are people actually voting yes... must be all laker fans.

Excatly what I thought :clap:

Hangtime
10-23-2010, 11:27 AM
The question of this thread is he a lock? I would not say the man is a lock for the hall of fame. Is he a candidate, absolutely. Should he be considered, absolutely. Would I be disappointed if he got in during first eligibilty, absolutely not. is he a slam dunk lock to get in at this point, HELL NO.

THE GIPPER
10-23-2010, 11:31 AM
No, you really couldn't. There are only a small number of post players as good as him. And his international accolades need to be considered because its the basketball hall of fame, not NBA hall of fame

bosh
amare
KG
dwight
dirk
duncan
boozer

any of these guys coul have replaced him and the lakers still win

td0tsfinest
10-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Of course. He's achieved so much at the nba level and at the international level. He'll probably go down as the greatest spanish player, so I can easily see him going into the HOF.

White_Mike
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
What the **** is wrong with some people? He is one of, if not, the GREATEST European players ever, then add that in the NBA he is a 5x All-Star and has 2 rings? Like everyone has been saying, it is the BASKETBALL hall of fame, NOT the NBA hall of fame. Some players with worse European careers that never played in the NBA have made it into the Basketball Hall of Fame.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Everyone who voted no basically loses every ounce of basketball credit. Every last drop.

It's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame, so Pau is without a doubt with just his spanish accolades.

no u lose.. he is not. what if he goes on a murderous rampage tomm ?? or has been using non detectable drugs

ZioAx
10-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Ugh, Laker fans in here :puke:

PrettyBoyJ
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
If he retired today, No.. But if he can continue his play down the line and have some good statical years, then yes

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:01 PM
i think some american chauvinist need to read some more providing they know how to,because they have not a lightes idea what the **** they are talking bout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_in_the_Basketball_Hall_of_Fame

Swergei Belov, Dino Meneghin, Dratzen danipaglic, Maciel pereira.

Not a single minute in the Nba but yet in the Hof due to international resume.

Dratzen petrovic, short career in nba never an allstar or a champion, IN beause of international resume,

Go figure Pau has BOTH the international resume and teh Nba championshops and allstars.

If you check teh amerciacn names on the list you will se some players who WERENT champions or werent allstars.
SOme of them are even IN for their NCAA career.

SO sorry but Pau coudl retire RIGHT NOW and be a Lock at first ballot.
THinking otherwise is just being Ignoran ( if you didnt know how the hof worked) or RACIST if you are aware but just are hating becaus ehe is spanish,.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
nvm

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Amar'e 5 all star games
Gasol 3 all star games

If Pau had played in SUns Mr nash woudl ahve some title to add to his two mvps and Paus numbers woudl have grown between 3 and 5 Ppg.

Theres a Hughe difference receiving passes from Jason WILLAIms or Damon stoudamire who were both ind of greedy than receiving them from NaSh

krest213
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
heck no
if he is then Manu
better be a lock

td0tsfinest
10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
i think some american chauvinist need to read some more providing they know how to,because they have not a lightes idea what the **** they are talking bout.

Dratzen petrovic, short career in nba never an allstar or a champion, IN beause of international resume,

Go figure Pau has BOTH the international resume and teh Nba championshops and allstars.

If you check teh amerciacn names on the list you will se some players who WERENT champions or werent allstars.

THinking otherwise is just being Ignoran ( if you didnt know how the hof worked) or RACIST if you are aware but just are hating becaus ehe is spanish,.

I was actually going to look this up but you beat me to it. So thank you.

Maciel Pereira was inducted to the HOF this year. He's never played in the nba but his accolades include 8 international medals, I think thats it.

Pau has a list of accolades. He's won international medals, he's been named Euro player of the year on several occasions, ROY, NBA champion. His influence on the game of basketball in Spain isn't going to go unnoticed.

effen5
10-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Simple Answer

No

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:16 PM
heck no
if he is then Manu
better be a lock

Manu is a lock too.

tredigs
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Put down the cattle prod Spaniard; no need to get all angry and defensive over your man. Everybody (yes, even the Americans) who knows the game and the requirements for the Hall are well aware that Pau is a HOF lock (right now).

Seriously though, you guys who are laughing at the notion of Gasol being in the Hall truly have no understanding of what it takes to get in, or just how great of a player Pau is (blinded by Kobe's aura, maybe?). There is indeed an international game out there, and it is indeed competitive (our tight wins/losses that our Dream Teams have had over the years proves that). Pau was a superstar in that realm - with MVP's and championships on his resume'. People used to make the argument for him back in 2007 before he came to LA (though most of them ended with him falling short).

Now that he has proven to be a huge reason for the victories on a championship team - resulting in 3 finals appearances and 2 championships in his only 3 years there (arguably being the most important player on their team this past season. <-- Yes, this is easily arguable)? You have yourself a LOCK HOFer.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
calderon is a lock also.

Chacarron
10-23-2010, 12:24 PM
It's absurd how many people just don't want to say they are wrong when facts are presented to them which shows what they are saying is clearly incorrect. Pau Gasol is a lock in the HOF because of his achievements as a player in the NBA AND internationally. The Hall of Fame is not just for NBA players and their achievements.

Cynthia Cooper: Two NCAA championships (USC, 1983, 1984); Olympic gold medal (1988); 4x WNBA Champion (Houston Comets, 1997–2000). She is a woman and in the Basketball Hall of Fame. There is no NBA Hall of Fame.

lakers4sho
10-23-2010, 12:24 PM

The Crewnar to the rescue :superman:

mavwar53
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
no way he is a HOF'er, he has had a very good career but if he gets in then so should derek Fisher, the lakers haven't won a championship without him, yet they win 2 with Gasol and he's in. Fools

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
calderon is a lock also.

Nope his share of spains succes is nbot big enough and his nba numbers nto big enough.

But probaly NAVARRO will get in too basing in his European and FIba Achievements similar to DIno Meneghins or Dalipagliscs whoe ARE in the hof.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Nope his share of spains succes is nbot big enough and his nba numbers nto big enough.

But probaly NAVARRO will get in too basing in his European and FIba Achievements similar to DIno Meneghins or Dalipagliscs whoe ARE in the hof.

navvaro ?

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
navvaro ?

Navarro.

tredigs
10-23-2010, 12:41 PM
no way he is a HOF'er, he has had a very good career but if he gets in then so should derek Fisher, the lakers haven't won a championship without him, yet they win 2 with Gasol and he's in. Fools

I apologize for the lack of rational thought by my fellow Dubs fan, who doesn't seem to understand that Gasol is the catalyst behind these championships, and that mentioning him and Fisher in the same breath when it comes to the Lakers recent success is a disgrace to basketball knowledge (forget the fact that the whole "international resume" argument seemed to go over his head).

edit: Those who say no, start making a more rational argument other than, "LOL - WAT? NO!". I'd be curious to hear some solid reasons.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Navarro.

Navarro ?

td0tsfinest
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I find it crazy that people are just saying no and neglecting the fact he's one of the top PFs in this league and one of the greatest euro players to play in the nba.

Byronicle
10-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes because of 3 Finals trips, 2 rings, all star appearances, and his Spanish accolades.

hey you know what adam morrison won 2 rings, i think we should start thinking about how great of a player he is

td0tsfinest
10-23-2010, 01:06 PM
hey you know what adam morrison won 2 rings, i think we should start thinking about how great of a player he is

I really hope you're joking.

Hunter48MVP
10-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I think Pau Gasol has a really good chance to be in the Hall of Fame. He has help the Lakers win back to back championships. Also I think he will average 20PPG and 11RPG and 5APG this season because he didn't play basketball this offseason. He did the right move to rest his body. How many PF's do you know who can play pass? Not to many.

Becks2307
10-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow as an american the ignorance in this thread is astounding. People CONTINUOUSLY present the facts, then other people come and say no, then some even have the audacity to compare him to derek fisher.

PAU GASOL - is a LOCK of the HOF right now

justinnum1
10-23-2010, 01:56 PM
maybe

Avenged
10-23-2010, 02:26 PM

So much more is looked into to get inducted to the Basketball Hall of Fame other than ppg....

ink
10-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes he should be in the HOF.

Missing56&33
10-23-2010, 02:29 PM
no

Avenged
10-23-2010, 02:29 PM
bosh
amare
KG
dwight
dirk
duncan
boozer

any of these guys coul have replaced him and the lakers still win

Absolutely not. You underestimate what Gasol brings to the Lakers.

Out of that list, I'd say KG (if he were healthy), Dirk, and Duncan would have won a championship with the Lakers with the team Pau Gasol has. And it isn't ironic that those 3 players mentioned are locks for the HOF.

IDB Josh M
10-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Most of the people who say no only give reasons to keep Gasol out of the NBA hall of fame. But the Basketball HOF is not the NBA hall of fame! Gasol has put up numbers and received awards and accomplishments that essentially makes him the Michael Jordan of Spain.

And yes, based on my argument, I do think Dikembe Motombo should be in the Hall of Fame because he's the best player to come out of Africa.

IDB Josh M
10-23-2010, 02:45 PM
heck no
if he is then Manu
better be a lock

I think Manu Ginobli is a lock as well.

tredigs
10-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Absolutely not. You underestimate what Gasol brings to the Lakers.

Out of that list, I'd say KG (if he were healthy), Dirk, and Duncan would have won a championship with the Lakers with the team Pau Gasol has. And it isn't ironic that those 3 players mentioned are locks for the HOF.

^A good point - especially the fact that those three are locks for the Hall - and I would take it further and say that Kobe also has replacements that could take that team to a title: Lebron and Wade. Mentioning guys like Amare and Boozer as replacements is akin to saying that Cp3, Deron, Melo and Nash (or last season, KD) could replace Kobe's impact on the team (obviously with some small trades/re-working positionally. But purely as their impact is concerned). It may be "arguable", but for the majority it's not very likely.

Both are only truly replaceable by an elite couple of players, all of which are lock HOFers.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Most of the people who say no only give reasons to keep Gasol out of the NBA hall of fame. But the Basketball HOF is not the NBA hall of fame! Gasol has put up numbers and received awards and accomplishments that essentially makes him the Michael Jordan of Spain.

And yes, based on my argument, I do think Dikembe Motombo should be in the Hall of Fame because he's the best player to come out of Africa.

Nigerian Akeen later Hakeem Olajuwon says hello :D

tbone2171
10-23-2010, 03:05 PM
LOL hell no...

_Supreme_
10-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Right now, certainly not.

At the end of his career he very well could be.

thescore53
10-23-2010, 03:08 PM

olujuwan :pity:

bbblack40
10-23-2010, 03:22 PM
olympic gold, nba champion, impressive numbers, all star appearances. so yea

Bravo95
10-23-2010, 03:42 PM
NBA career to this point plus his international accomplishments, I think so.

FKNRUEHH925
10-23-2010, 04:09 PM
someone said KG is not HOF?? Hahahaha KG is HOF way way b4 Pou

blacknell
10-23-2010, 04:11 PM
NO why would he be

Lim
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
i think hell make it but def not a lock

Kevj77
10-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I voted yes because of his combined international and NBA achievements. It seems a lot of people believe only the NBA matters. If it was just the NBA HOF then OK, but it's not. If it was just the NBA HOF John Wooden wouldn't be in it, he is like the Godfather of NCAA basketball.

pasquale
10-23-2010, 04:56 PM
When I first saw this headline I thought it was a joke. Maybe the Spanish Basketball Hall of Fame.

redsox0717
10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
lol @ the poll results

how many biased laker fans can one forum have?

Chacarron
10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
lol @ the poll results

how many biased laker fans can one forum have?

Not as many ignorant posters in PSD.

Chronz
10-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Anyone saying no must have no understanding of the games history, of course hes a lock. Thats how ****** the HOF is

Wade>You
10-23-2010, 05:32 PM
A lot of players are HoFers. The real question is are they first ballot HoFers.

soundjunkies2
10-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Amar'e 5 all star games
Gasol 3 all star games

Spanish King's Cup Champion (2001)
Most Valuable Player of the Spanish King's Cup (2001)
Spanish League Champion (2001)
Spanish League Finals MVP (2001)
All-Euroleague Second Team (2001)
2x NBA Champion (2009, 2010)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2002)
2 All-NBA Third Team selection (2009, 2010)
3 NBA All-Star (2006, 2009, 2010)
2x Mr. Europa (2004, 2009)
2x Euroscar Award (2008, 2009)
2x FIBA Europe Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
Gold medal at the FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship (1998)
Gold medal at the FIBA Under-19 World Championship (1999)
Bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2001
Silver medal at the EuroBasket 2003
Gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship
Most Valuable player of the 2006 FIBA World Championship
Silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007
Silver medal at 2008 Olympic Basketball Tournament
Gold medal at the EuroBasket 2009

So between his NBA and international career Pau is easily a lock for the BASKETBALL all of fame.

tredigs
10-23-2010, 05:37 PM
And still, even after I called the "no" voters out and asked for an explanation instead of "LOL NOEZ!", every one of you clowns who voted no have failed to come up with a solid/logical reason why he wouldn't be. While there have been many posts declaring the obvious (that he will be) in detail.

WolvesJagsOs
10-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Will he be? probably, he has tons of achievements in basketball, but, is he a lock? no, like many people have said.

Wade>You
10-23-2010, 05:55 PM
And still, even after I called the "no" voters out and asked for an explanation instead of "LOL NOEZ!", every one of you clowns who voted no have failed to come up with a solid/logical reason why he wouldn't be. While there have been many posts declaring the obvious (that he will be) in detail.That's expected on a sports discussion forum lol.

Jewelz0376
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
I voted no but I meant to vote yes lol.... His Nba career alone isn't Hall of Fame worthy (yet).... but when you add his international accolades hes def a hall of famer

DoJoTheSlasher
10-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Alot of people say Gasol is the reason that LA won those 2 rings. Here is a question. What happens if you take Kobe off of LA?

Mplsman
10-24-2010, 11:54 PM
No

Hellcrooner
10-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Alot of people say Gasol is the reason that LA won those 2 rings. Here is a question. What happens if you take Kobe off of LA?

teh same that happens if y0ou take gasol form L.A-

NO RING;

Dol-Fan
10-25-2010, 12:06 AM
And still, even after I called the "no" voters out and asked for an explanation instead of "LOL NOEZ!", every one of you clowns who voted no have failed to come up with a solid/logical reason why he wouldn't be. While there have been many posts declaring the obvious (that he will be) in detail.

and it continues even after they get called out for not responding to being called out, unbelievable :laugh2:

cowboysceltics
10-25-2010, 12:26 AM
A slightly above average player who may get in the back door because of some loop whole designed to be respectful and inclusive.
Some people are having a hard time with this because he's never been dominate and his numbers aren't great. He will join the list of token hof! lol

Hellcrooner
10-25-2010, 12:27 AM
A slightly above average player who may get in the back door because of some loop whole designed to be respectful and inclusive.
Some people are having a hard time with this because he's never been dominate and his numbers aren't great. He will join the list of token hof! lol

Delusional.

JRisdabest
10-25-2010, 12:48 AM
wtf hell no

DoJoTheSlasher
10-25-2010, 01:10 AM
teh same that happens if y0ou take gasol form L.A-

NO RING;

I know, just saying Gasol didn't win those rings, Kobe keeps them in contention.

ink
10-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Ridiculous poll results so far. Of course he's going to the HOF.

LAcowBOMBER
10-25-2010, 01:26 AM
wtf hell no

So is this the 15th response like this that provides no reason for their answer?

The much better answer would be WTF hell yeah. 2 time champ while being the 2nd option and probably the most accomplished Euro ever. People are dumb ad need to realize there is no NBA hall of fame, just a basketball hall of fame.

LAcowBOMBER
10-25-2010, 01:28 AM

You think its Laker hate or the fact that people don't realize its the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME and not the NBA hall of fame?

Chronz
10-25-2010, 01:35 AM
i know, just saying gasol didn't win those rings, kobe keeps them in contention.

wtf?

GoatMilk
10-25-2010, 02:00 AM
the poll says RIGHT NOW

RIGHT NOW, I say he's a little short
but give it a couple years and he's in
the title of the thread asks if he's a lock. Barring injury, yeah he's a lock.....just not if he retired today

gbrl
10-25-2010, 02:01 AM
has the stats the rings then you add his international career i say yes

numba1CHANGsta
10-25-2010, 02:11 AM
He has two rings, puts up consistent solid stats every year, since coming to the Lakers his win/lose ratio is pretty impressive, he's the best Spanish player, has the medals and national championships, one more ring will solidify his HOF chances

Bruno
10-25-2010, 05:40 AM
He's a lock.

Interesting stat- Gilbert Arenas has a higher HOF probability than Pau Gasol.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

LAcowBOMBER
10-25-2010, 05:57 AM
He's a lock.

Interesting stat- Gilbert Arenas has a higher HOF probability than Pau Gasol.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

If you read what goes into the formula that they use, you would see it only takes NBA stats into consideration

Bruno
10-25-2010, 06:39 AM
If you read what goes into the formula that they use, you would see it only takes NBA stats into consideration

No, all-star appearances and NBA championships won are also accounted for in the formula.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/hof_prob.html

Chronz
10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
No, all-star appearances and NBA championships won are also accounted for in the formula.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/hof_prob.html

Those are NBA stats so hes right

Hellcrooner
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Is joe Dumars in the Hall?

2 rings as the scond man.

Neough Said.

Wonder what is the main drive behind the pointless "hell No" answers, Lakers Hate or European Hate.

Chronz
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM

Neough Said.

Wonder what is the main drive behind the pointless "hell No" answers, Lakers Hate or European Hate.

Why is Dumars in the HOF?

ink
10-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Neough Said.

I don't think it's hate at all. In a lot of cases it's just willful ignorance about the quality of international players.

Playa4life
10-25-2010, 04:30 PM
If lakers win a Title this year and Gasol will be an-all star this year. I would say Pay will defeinatly be a Future Hall of Famer with 3 Titles... Kobe is the Reason Pau Gasol will be selected to Future HOF much Like Scottie Pippen was HOF playing along side with JORDAN!!! You can take that to BANK!!! :clap:

masalex1205
10-25-2010, 04:55 PM

the question is he a lock (aka first ballot). While I think he will get in eventually, no he is not a lock.

mavwar53
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
I apologize for the lack of rational thought by my fellow Dubs fan, who doesn't seem to understand that Gasol is the catalyst behind these championships, and that mentioning him and Fisher in the same breath when it comes to the Lakers recent success is a disgrace to basketball knowledge (forget the fact that the whole "international resume" argument seemed to go over his head).

edit: Those who say no, start making a more rational argument other than, "LOL - WAT? NO!". I'd be curious to hear some solid reasons.

Well, how bout no Kobe in the HOF then, if gasol is the catalyst now, O'neal was the catalyst then, Kobe hasn't won a chip without either. I also I didn't read anything about the international game, I know my stuff but honestly I did not know that international games were looked at when looking at the Basketball HOF

Bruno
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Those are NBA stats so hes right

He said it only counts stats, which is wrong. It also accounts for NBA all-star appearances and championships.

But yea, it only counts NBA stats, not euro league stats or olympic stats.

Bruno
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
^lost in translation. i got ya.

kylem4711
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
62 laker fans have voted so far. lets see how many else do.

td0tsfinest
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM

Neough Said.

I'm hoping its not the later, that would just be shameful.

I guess Laker Hate could be a possibility. I am no Laker fan, you could even say I'm a Laker hater but I'm not letting it cloud my judgement.

tredigs
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Well, how bout no Kobe in the HOF then, if gasol is the catalyst now, O'neal was the catalyst then, Kobe hasn't won a chip without either. I also I didn't read anything about the international game, I know my stuff but honestly I did not know that international games were looked at when looking at the Basketball HOF

You're missing the point. Pau coming into town was the catalyst for this current Lakers squad making the jump from a first round knockout team to perennial contender/champion; but, that doesn't mean that Kobe isn't a necessity for them to be a contender as well. Obviously he is - the point is, they both are - just like the Shaq/Kobe days.

And yes, international accolades matter. There are players in the Basketball Hall of Fame http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_Hall_of_Fame who have never stepped foot on an NBA floor.

Hope that clears it up.

Bruno
10-25-2010, 08:29 PM
62 laker fans have voted so far. lets see how many else do.

So what dude. Lets get real on this one.

If I vote yes for Gasol as a Laker fan, then I'm being a "homer"

If I don't vote yes for Gasol as a Laker fan, then everybody will say I'm a Kobe fan, and not a fan of the Lakers as a team. As in, I'd rather downplay Gasols importance or career just to make Kobe look better individually speaking.

What would you rather have???

Kevj77
10-25-2010, 08:46 PM
A lot of people that aren't Lakers fans voted for Pau. What it really comes down to is do people realize that it's the basketball HOF and not the NBA HOF. I'm a Lakers fan if it was just the NBA HOF I think he misses the cut as of now. If you look at his international credentials and his NBA resume he is in already.

Most of the people saying "hell no" or that only Lakers fans voted for him seem to be ignorant of the fact that the HOF isn't just for the NBA.

Bruno
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
You're missing the point. Pau coming into town was the catalyst for this current Lakers squad making the jump from a first round knockout team to perennial contender/champion; but, that doesn't mean that Kobe isn't a necessity for them to be a contender as well. Obviously he is - the point is, they both are - just like the Shaq/Kobe days.

And yes, international accolades matter. There are players in the Basketball Hall of Fame http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_Hall_of_Fame who have never stepped foot on an NBA floor.

Hope that clears it up.

Good post.

There's no way of really denying Gasols impact on the Lakers. Although the team made huge strides with the addition of Fisher, and the development of Bynum and other young players, Gasol put the team over the top making the Lakers perennial title contenders.

The Lakers were 42-40 (51%) for the 2006-2007 NBA season.

The 2007-2008 Lakers played 46 regular season games before Gasol joined the team on the road against NJ on Feb. 5th. They went 30-16 (65% winning) pre Gasol (a significant turnaround from the previous season).

After getting Gasol, the Lakers finished the rest of the regular season 27-9 (75% winning), another 10% increase in winning %. The Lakers finished 57-25 (69%).

All in all, the Lakers were well on their way to being a much improved team, but the Gasol acquisition is what put them over the top. His contribution seems obvious.

caddiemaster
10-25-2010, 09:19 PM
He's a duck!Lakers all stink!

Hellcrooner
10-25-2010, 09:24 PM
FRzaier and reed.
Cowens and Havlicek
HaYes and Unseld
Magic and Kareem
Erving and Malone
Maigc and Wortht
Bird and mchale
Dumars and THomas
Jordan and Pippen.
Hakeem and CLyde.
Soon to be Shaq and Kobe
Robinson and Dunca. soon too.

ALL OF THEM HALL OF FAMERS:

40 years of champions and every second option to a ring winning team IS in teh hall of fame.

so sorry but pau s is a LOCK from BOTH perspectives Nba career AND euro career add Both and its not even a question.

Bruno
10-25-2010, 09:28 PM
^ He's a lock. I'm surprised by the poll in some ways.

But if you actually look at the votes, you'll notice you recognize A LOT of the votes who voted yes, and not many of the users who voted no.