PDA

View Full Version : David Aldridge-AK47,Iguodala or Gerald Wallace on top of Denvers wishlist for Melo.

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 01:38 AM
One source said that though that deal died, the Nets have "never been out of the mix" in discussions about Anthony, and that Denver was still trying to figure out a way to get either forward Andrei Kirienko from Utah, Charlotte's Gerald Wallace or the 76ers' Andre Iguodala in a package for Anthony. Kirilenko was part of the original four-team deal, and would have gone to Denver. http://www.nba.com/2010/news/10/20/melo-report/index.html?rss=true

The sources said the Nets' latest offer for Anthony is Favors, Troy Murphy, Kris Humphries and two No. 1 picks. The sources also said they expect the talks to pick up. http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/nets/105414018_Iannazzone__Proposed_Carmelo_deal_won_t_ go_away.html

John Walls Era
10-22-2010, 01:43 AM
^ Depending on Murphy's contract, I would take that deal.

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2010, 01:44 AM
If some how the jazz pull of that trade without giving up williams or jefferson then watch out, they could win the west and beat any eastern conference team.

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 01:45 AM
If some how the jazz pull of that trade without giving up williams or jefferson then watch out, they could win the west and beat any eastern conference team.

Melo would be sick on Utah...does he want to win or go to a big eastcoast market though?

Mochalman
10-22-2010, 01:47 AM
trade ak47 and milsap

IBleedPurple
10-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Melo is not going to the Jazz. A smaller market than Denver.

The meaning is that the team receiving Melo would have to work a deal to get one of those players, with possibly Philly being the exception (on the slim chance Melo would sign the extension there)

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Melo is not going to the Jazz. A smaller market than Denver.

The meaning is that the team receiving Melo would have to work a deal to get one of those players, with possibly Philly being the exception (on the slim chance Melo would sign the extension there)

I could MAYBE see Philly.Iverson became a huge star there.They have Jrue Holiday,Evan turner,Brand..its somethin for him to work with I guess:rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
10-22-2010, 02:09 AM
If they want AK, then sub us in to New Jersey's newest offer (Favors, Murphy, Hump, 2 1sts). Send Murphy to Utah and AK to Denver. Utah saves money, and gets bigger, and Denver get the guy they want. Everyone wins right?

And no way does this mean they'd trade Melo within the division to us, although it would be awesome

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 02:20 AM
If they want AK, then sub us in to New Jersey's newest offer (Favors, Murphy, Hump, 2 1sts). Send Murphy to Utah and AK to Denver. Utah saves money, and gets bigger, and Denver get the guy they want. Everyone wins right?

And no way does this mean they'd trade Melo within the division to us, although it would be awesome

Or Favours/Murphy to Bobcats,Wallace to Nuggets,Melo to NJ...works out nice for all teams,same with a Ak47 and maybe Millsap trade...either Way Melo aint gunna play for Utah or Bobcats im assuming ...

jimbobjarree
10-22-2010, 02:24 AM
Or Favours/Murphy to Bobcats,Wallace to Nuggets,Melo to NJ...works out nice for all teams,same with a Ak47 and maybe Millsap trade...either Way Melo aint gunna play for Utah or Bobcats im assuming ...

no chance Melo goes to Utah, and no chance Millsap gets involved in any deal

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 02:25 AM
no chance Melo goes to Utah, and no chance Millsap gets involved in any deal

I know I meant in a 3 way deal that would land him in NJ..I dont really get it. Live in NY all off season long if you want,id play anywhere I could win if it was me

Sadds The Gr8
10-22-2010, 02:39 AM
can't see Denver trading him in-division to Utah, or to Charlotte (small-market).

NYK_kidd77
10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Those teams will just have to be part of a 3 to 4 team deal. Look for the Nets to try and revisit that past 4 team deal.

Niro
10-22-2010, 03:50 AM
dwill, jefferson, melo :speechless:

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 04:31 AM

If they kept Millsap there starting 5 could be

D Williams
Raja Bell or whoever
Melo
Millsap
Jefferson with Okur and Haywood off the bench...wishful thinking I know but damn,and Jerry Sloan...Killer!

Mudvayne91
10-22-2010, 04:47 AM
That's like me saying Melo is going to the Lakers.

Kobe, Gasol, and Melo?!

There is no way the Jazz are getting Melo.

spreadeagle
10-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Trade him to the Raptors...Canada will give you Justin Bieber,Steve Nash's younger brother "Sammie Nash" and 30 case's of Molson Canadian.

Hustla23
10-22-2010, 08:12 AM
LOL This has to be the biggest load of bull yet.

Yeah, Denver wants AK-47, a player Utah has been trying to dump for ages. Makes perfect sense.

pistonsfanomg
10-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Wow I want to see Melo in Utah....

pistonsfanomg
10-22-2010, 08:23 AM
LOL This has to be the biggest load of bull yet.

Yeah, Denver wants AK-47, a player Utah has been trying to dump for ages. Makes perfect sense.

Expiring Contract lol

thescore53
10-22-2010, 08:30 AM
dont know why people think mello doesnt want to win. im pretty sure mello would be fine stayiing in denver if they could get better player he just doesnt want to sign an extention beacause denver may not improve

KALI4ORNIA
10-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Melo is NOT going to utah.... Tho i'd love it if we sent him there just to make him mad haha

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Melo would be sick on Utah...does he want to win or go to a big eastcoast market though?

honestly he would be stupid to go to new york or new jersey, no disrespect to the fans but if he some how doesnt end up on the teams listed or chicago or somewhere with similar talent he would be just be dumb and wasting his career.

Evolution23
10-22-2010, 09:54 AM
honestly he would be stupid to go to new york or new jersey, no disrespect to the fans but if he some how doesnt end up on the teams listed or chicago or somewhere with similar talent he would be just be dumb and wasting his career.

Chicago has a great team but NY with Melo can battle it out with the top teams in the East.

DerekRE_3
10-22-2010, 10:02 AM

No way the Bobcats trade Gerald Wallace for those guys. If they trade Gerald, it's to get a guy like Melo.

xbrackattackx
10-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Yes because Bobcats want Murphy or Favors for Wallace a All-Star Small Forward. Great Idea!

xbrackattackx
10-22-2010, 10:25 AM

I can see the New Jersey thing you are saying,But I think if he joined Chicago or NY it would be his best chance, but in NY he would have Amare and he and Amare would score lots and lots they would just need a defensive minded team around them.

And if they get a better PG in the off season look out.

thescore53
10-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Chicago has a great team but NY with Melo can battle it out with the top teams in the East.

are you implying knicks are better than the bulls.

nycericanguy
10-22-2010, 10:34 AM

i think you're misunderstanding the story, Melo is not going to UTA or PHI, it would be a 3 or 4 way deal like the earlier proposed NJ deal.

nycericanguy
10-22-2010, 10:35 AM
are you implying knicks are better than the bulls.

I'm pretty sure he said NY WITH MELO

thescore53
10-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure he said NY WITH MELO

i thought he was saying ny with mello > chi with mello

Kashmir13579
10-22-2010, 10:53 AM

there literally no way that Melo make this much of a fuss and ends up playing in SLC. jazz may be part of a trade, but not to get melo.

dayners81
10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Even with Melo i'm not sure the Knicks are better than the Bulls with a healthy Boozer, After Amarewhat do they have for players after they trade for Melo. Unless the Nuggets price comes down there going to see him sign somewhere and recieve no compensations.

If i'm Melo i don't sign an extention until after the end of the yr to see what the teamhe is traded to could put around him, He going to have to have one other superstar and a couple other good players around him if he wants to win championships. A cor of Lopez, harris and melo isn't going to beat the heat or lakers and a team of Amare, Melo and who ever wouldn't beat Orlando,Boston, Miami or La. If he wants a ring he's going to need to choose his destination based more on talent rather than location

Ebbs
10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
It will not happen but Deron - Melo - Jefferson would be pretty nasty.

nycericanguy
10-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Even with Melo i'm not sure the Knicks are better than the Bulls with a healthy Boozer, After Amarewhat do they have for players after they trade for Melo. Unless the Nuggets price comes down there going to see him sign somewhere and recieve no compensations.

If i'm Melo i don't sign an extention until after the end of the yr to see what the teamhe is traded to could put around him, He going to have to have one other superstar and a couple other good players around him if he wants to win championships. A cor of Lopez, harris and melo isn't going to beat the heat or lakers and a team of Amare, Melo and who ever wouldn't beat Orlando,Boston, Miami or La. If he wants a ring he's going to need to choose his destination based more on talent rather than location

I'm pretty sure they would be, NY would have two of the top 10-13 players in the league. Mosgov has shown to be a good player, Douglas is really coming into his own, and they would keep at least one of Chandler, Gallo or AR. Not sure how you can even debate that TBH. And they finally have a real PG. Douglas is an absolute HOUND on opposing PG's. Fields looks like one of the steals of the draft as well.

Mosgoz/Turiaf
Amare/Chandler
Melo/Fields
Azubuike/Mason Jr/Walker
Felton/Douglas

Now can that team compete with ORL, MIA & BOS? Probably not, but another solid addition or two and they would be right there.

And for the record, I really like what CHI did this offseason. They don't have many weaknesses now. I have them as a 50 win team this year. But unless NY were to completely gut their roster in a trade for Melo I don't see how you can say CHI would still be better.

THE GIPPER
10-22-2010, 11:20 AM
melo will not be traded to philly, cha, or utah because he will never sign an extension with those teams.

the trade would probably be something like this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25mpjks

D1JM
10-22-2010, 11:28 AM
why would philly trade iguodala now when he is their best player. Turner might not pan out at all.

effen5
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
i thought he was saying ny with mello > chi with mello

Thats exactly what he is implying

Bulls: Melo
Utah: Deng + Taj +1st round
Denver: AK + JJ + 1st round

don't know if the money works but that would be nice.

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2w2bj8f

Chronz
10-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I would love to see Melo in Utah

WolvesJagsOs
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Pretty sure he wants to go to a eastcoast market.

jazzman86
10-22-2010, 12:36 PM

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

As a Jazz fan, I'd do this trade in a heart beat!
D-Will, Watson, Price
Bell, CJ
Deng, Hayward
Millsap, Taj, Evans
Jefferson, Memo, Fes, Elson

SouthSideRookie
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I can see the New Jersey thing you are saying,But I think if he joined Chicago or NY it would be his best chance, but in NY he would have Amare and he and Amare would score lots and lots they would just need a defensive minded team around them.

And if they get a better PG in the off season look out.

That's the problem, with Mike as the head coach and Amare there you wouldn't have the defensive minded team that it takes to win big.

bigsams50
10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
No way the Bobcats trade Gerald Wallace for those guys. If they trade Gerald, it's to get a guy like Melo.

This. Only way Crash leaves is for Melo

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I would never say never. The team acquiring Melo could have some big ones and rent him. Its crazy. But if that team goes deep into the playoffs. He just might like that team. Just think of him as a nice big expiring contract with talent to boot besides. If you have a crazy gm that would part with picks and young talent and a big expiring I think Melo could end up anywhere. I know he has his own list of favorites. But doesnt mean he ends up there this deadline. He might make a pit stop somewhere else as a crazy rental for a deep playoff push. Then signs to one of the teams on his list for the most money if they have talent added around him next summer.

thescore53
10-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

nice for everyone except nuggets who are getting raped in that deal

thescore53
10-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I would love to see Melo in Utah

really show us some statistics that describe that feeling :D

dtmagnet
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Melo on the Jazz would be enough to challenge the Lakers.

Korman12
10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I still don't see anyway he lands in Philly, despite how much Denver may want Andre. The team won't take him unless he signs long-term, and they're in the early stages of their development.

The only thing Philly has for it is that it's a bigger market, but the NBA is dead here now.

Korman12
10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Edit: Double Post

Mudvayne91
10-22-2010, 04:30 PM
dont know why people think mello doesnt want to win. im pretty sure mello would be fine stayiing in denver if they could get better player he just doesnt want to sign an extention beacause denver may not improve

I really don't think winning is his first priority. The Nugs with Melo are still a very good team in West, imo. It seems like people forget that the Nugs were the 2nd best team in the West for the longest time before our big men got hurt(really hurt us when Kmart went down,) but probably more important, before Karl left for his cancer treatments. I really don't think many, if any teams would do well if their head coach had to leave. Also, Kmart/JR's contracts are coming off the books next year, which makes their trade value good, especially Kmart's since it's close to 17 mill. I believe the Nugs could've made a deal for a great player at the deadline to put the Nugs as contenders again. However, the writing is on the wall. Melo wants to leave and won't be happy till he gets a huge market. I believe Lala's influence had a significant part too cause she wants to be an actress, I guess....

JordansBulls
10-22-2010, 04:37 PM

If he doesn't want to live in Denver, then why the hell would he want to live in Utah?

EaglesJackson10
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Sixers have to work a 3 way deal to try and get Favors. If they could do so by only giving up Evan Turner that would be great but realistically were going to have to give up Iggy. I'm fine with that as long as we get Favors. BTW there was discussion of this trade from a guy on CBS. Iggy to Denver, Melo to NJ, and Favors to philly makes a lot of sense (if Denver gets a little more than that from NJ). I imagine that a deal this hasn't gotten done is that the sixers are unwilling to give up Iguodala.

Mudvayne91
10-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe if Turner went to Denver too....... Why would they nix Favors and 2 1st round picks for an above average player in Iggy....? I swear if that happened, I'd be so pissed.

Ragan
10-22-2010, 05:14 PM
melo will not be traded to philly, cha, or utah because he will never sign an extension with those teams.

the trade would probably be something like this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25mpjks

Are you high? Why on earth would the Sixers give up Iguodala for Troy Murphy?!??

paguy1955
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
dosen't really matter where mr. LaLA goes. By Feb this team will be torn apart. Tradeing JR, Kmart and possibly Mr park Hills... This team will suck for awhile again and it will be like the old days in Mcnichols Arena.. The Nuggets will not even be able to give seats away to fill up the arena. When that happens I will enjoy it and have a good laugh

nycericanguy
10-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Are you high? Why on earth would the Sixers give up Iguodala for Troy Murphy?!??

arent they trying to unload his contract and Brands also?

Mudvayne91
10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
dosen't really matter where mr. LaLA goes. By Feb this team will be torn apart. Tradeing JR, Kmart and possibly Mr park Hills... This team will suck for awhile again and it will be like the old days in Mcnichols Arena.. The Nuggets will not even be able to give seats away to fill up the arena. When that happens I will enjoy it and have a good laugh

They're gonna have roughly 50+ mill to sign FAs next year and they've tried to trade JR/Kmart for a while now(even before Melo wanted out). Plus they'll probably have at least one good lottery pick if not two next year. I don't see how we're going to be awful for years to come....

bholly
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Wow. Denver fan, much?
Huge lol at Philly giving up Iggy to get just Troy Murphy.
If we got involved, and sent out Iggy, it would be for at least Favors in return.

effen5
10-22-2010, 07:37 PM
nice for everyone except nuggets who are getting raped in that deal

According to the title, Nuggets are interested in AK for his expiring. Everyone goes home happy.

Hell I would give both first rounders to the Nuggets and give the Jazz a second rounder instead.

Utah: Deng, Taj/JJ, 2nd rounder
Nugs: AK, Taj/JJ, our first rounder, Charlottes first rounder

Raps08-09 Champ
10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Utah would be BEAST.

Deron is arguably the best PG in the league. Carmelo is a top 3 pure scorer in the league. And Al Jefferson has one of the best post footwork in the league. Then they have Okar and Raja Bell for shooting with Millsap off the bench.

effen5
10-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Utah would be BEAST.

Deron is arguably the best PG in the league. Carmelo is a top 3 pure scorer in the league. And Al Jefferson has one of the best post footwork in the league. Then they have Okar and Raja Bell for shooting with Millsap off the bench.

Hell yeah they would, they would easily compete for the west with the Lakers.

JasonJohnHorn
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM
OMG!!! Why arent the Jazz pushing to dump AK47? Even without an extension I would make that trade if I were them. You get a year with a great roster (on paper anyways), okur, Jefferson, Millsap in the front court, Melo on the wing and D-Will handling the point? They would be right up there with LA and the Spurs (yes, I said the Spurs... I still they they rock).

And i'm sure if Melo got a taste of a deep playoff run and saw what it was like to play with a point guard like D-will (no offence Chauncey, I love you man), and a couple of low-post players who can actually score, there will be no stopping that team. I'd even go so far as to say they'd be as good as Miami on paper! In my opinion anyways.

Why is this not happening if this is all Denver wants?