PDA

View Full Version : Rashad McCants Cut By Mavs; To Join NBDL Team

EWOR
10-22-2010, 12:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4670921/sources-novak-cardinal-make-mavs-roster

Sad fall from grace from a former NBA Lottery Pick & starter. Same can be said about Sean Williams also. He had a lot of promise following his rookie year.

Both are going to the NBDL to be coached by a woman.

D1JM
10-22-2010, 12:46 AM
lol is adam morrison joining them soon?

thedfactor
10-22-2010, 12:50 AM
And the Mavs kept Cardinal instead...wow

IndiansFan337
10-22-2010, 12:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4670921/sources-novak-cardinal-make-mavs-roster

Sad fall from grace from a former NBA Lottery Pick & starter. Same can be said about Sean Williams also. He had a lot of promise following his rookie year.

Both are going to the NBDL to be coached by a woman.

Sean Williams fall was his own fault. His play was good enough to remain in the league, but he talked his way into trouble with NJ & I believe he also had a few issues involving marijuana that didn't help his reputation.

Both players were very immature when they entered the NBA.

abe_froman
10-22-2010, 12:55 AM
i remember earlier in the summer fans from nearly every fanbase in the league clamoring about wanting to sign him(some espn piece promoted).but its not like no one has given him chances...

EWOR
10-22-2010, 12:57 AM
And the Mavs kept Cardinal instead...wow

& Steve Novak.

:laugh2:

The NBA instituted the Brian Scalabrine Rule over the summer it requires each team to carry at least 1 White scrub on their bench to play 2 minutes every 10 games for the crowd to laugh at.

EWOR
10-22-2010, 01:02 AM
i remember earlier in the summer fans from nearly every fanbase in the league clamoring about wanting to sign him(some espn piece promoted).but its not like no one has given him chances...

He has had plenty of chances.

It looks like hes humbled himself to taking the NBDL route back into the NBA.

bholly
10-22-2010, 01:35 AM

It was McCants who had an ESPN piece about how he was a way better guy than his reputation, and was always unfairly criticized, etc, right?

Mplsman
10-22-2010, 01:48 AM
sad.

TheGoodGerman
10-22-2010, 06:51 AM
& Steve Novak.

:laugh2:

The NBA instituted the Brian Scalabrine Rule over the summer it requires each team to carry at least 1 White scrub on their bench to play 2 minutes every 10 games for the crowd to laugh at.

:D

Joe Wolf'ish ... :p