PDA

View Full Version : Rockets, Spurs and Blazers All Inquire About Varejao

D Roses Bulls
10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Rumors went around today that many teams are currently asking the Cleveland Cavaliers about their Brazilian big man, Anderson Varejao. The Cavaliers made it clear that they will not entertain offers unless it involves big impact players or a superstar.

Originally, the Denver Nuggets were thought to be the right team for a Varejao-for-Anthony exchange, but when Anthony immediately said he would not sign an extension with Cleveland, the trades turned dead.

The Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers have all made calls, but so far Portland is the most active in the attempts to acquire Varejao.

That's interesting....... I didn't think anyone would want him cause of his big contract.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/rockets_spurs_and_blazers_all_inquire_about_vareja o/3460863

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, wow. Interesting indeed. I will feel bad for the team that Acquires him, according to those trade parameters (wants from CLE)

bal_ravens
10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Why would Cleveland not do it anyway for Anthony? Assuming they dont want Hickson and their first round pick, I would give up the whole roster. So he doesnt resign, it frees up that much cap space.

TRF929
10-21-2010, 11:06 PM
I think CLE is still butt hurt over LeBron leaving, so they're desperate, trying to get something big thats not worth the trade. The way they are, I don't see them getting what they're asking for. Get over it Gilbert, you're not going to do $&*! until you do

John Walls Era
10-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Varejao would be a good addition to any playoff team.

NYK_kidd77
10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I dont know about getting a star for Varejao but if they can swing some young players for him that would be a good move on their part.

Stunner
10-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Cavs should try and get Elliot Williams and Babbit from Portland in a trade.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Varejao and Duncan would be great. Duncan is more relaxed on defense while Varejao is energetic. They will both get the rebounds and the defense would be really nice.

blastmasta26
10-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Blazers could probably use him the most.

Baller1
10-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Please don't go to Portland.

topdog
10-21-2010, 11:48 PM
That's interesting....... I didn't think anyone would want him cause of his big contract.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/rockets_spurs_and_blazers_all_inquire_about_vareja o/3460863

I was thinking they'd be lucky to get rid of his contract... a superstar?

Not saying he isn't a goo player to put next to a star, say a Duncan, but they should even trade him just for cap. I'd move Mo Williams too - maybe see if the Grizz want a serious point in return for Thabeet and some other guys or to GS for Ellis. Sessions is a better point imo.

D Roses Bulls
10-21-2010, 11:56 PM
if you are already over the cap like those teams are it might be ok to trade for him, but it depends on what you have to give up. if cleveland is asking too much for him then i wouldnt do it. i would trade for melo anyways like someone said above cause even if he doesnt resign with them, the cavs will still clear up cap space.

IndiansFan337
10-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Varejao would be a good addition to any playoff team.

He's a tremendously underrated all-around player. He does all the little things needed for a winning team. He's an underrated scorer, a tremendous defender and a scrappy rebounder.

Don Starks
10-22-2010, 12:11 AM
they should trade him to houston for Jordan hill and chase buddinger. they dump salary and immediately get younger, which would be better for the cavs fans than pretending to be competing for a championship. if they can trade mo williams and antawn jamison for some draft picks and expiring contracts they could be in good shape in the next couple of years.

wileyisTOFU
10-22-2010, 12:24 AM
they should trade him to houston for Jordan hill and chase buddinger. they dump salary and immediately get younger, which would be better for the cavs fans than pretending to be competing for a championship. if they can trade mo williams and antawn jamison for some draft picks and expiring contracts they could be in good shape in the next couple of years.

your joking right?:eyebrow:
the last thing Houston needs is another PF. And Chase is a young stud, only way he gets traded is in a package for someone of Melo's ilk.

Don Starks
10-22-2010, 12:29 AM
your joking right?:eyebrow:
the last thing Houston needs is another PF. And Chase is a young stud, only way he gets traded is in a package for someone of Melo's ilk.

well the OP says Houston was interested...so no I was not kidding.

wileyisTOFU
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
well the OP says Houston was interested...so no I was not kidding.

ya, i got that. I was saying thats to much value for Varejo. Maybe J Hill ( who looked great tonite, yes its preseason i know) and one of the knicks draft picks.

Chronz
10-22-2010, 12:48 AM

Thats because you bought into a myth, its an incentive laden contract, hes being paid reasonably for his contributions.

MrfadeawayJB
10-22-2010, 12:54 AM
I was thinking they'd be lucky to get rid of his contract... a superstar?

Not saying he isn't a goo player to put next to a star, say a Duncan, but they should even trade him just for cap. I'd move Mo Williams too - maybe see if the Grizz want a serious point in return for Thabeet and some other guys or to GS for Ellis. Sessions is a better point imo.

Not sold on Mo Williams being a solid point...i think he is overated. Conley has looked like he is about to take the next step. wait and see approach

MrfadeawayJB
10-22-2010, 12:55 AM
But i could see Varajeo going to the spurs with thier international flavor

abe_froman
10-22-2010, 12:57 AM
he'd be a solid pick up,but no one is going to pay the asking price of the cavs(if what the article says is true)

IndiansFan337
10-22-2010, 12:59 AM
And Chase is a young stud, only way he gets traded is in a package for someone of Melo's ilk.

I hope you are kidding about the latter part. There's no chance of that happening.

But I do agree that the Rockets do not need Varejao's services. They are already stacked at PF/C with Yao, Brad Miller, Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes and the athletic youngster Jordan Hill.

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
he'd be a solid pick up,but no one is going to pay the asking price of the cavs(if what the article says is true)

its also on hoopshype from a different source as well. mroe then just one outlet is talking about it.

SouthSideRookie
10-22-2010, 02:09 AM

Jordan Hill yes but no way to Chase.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2010, 02:51 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm

A Miller, Rudy F , Pryzbilla some salary filler and a pick for Mo williams and Varejao could work.

Roy is not happy with MIller and wants a pg that can play off the ball so he can have it more.