PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping up: Heat vs. Hawks on TNT

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 10:24 PM
This has turned out to be a great game. Lebron and Joe Johnson are stroking it.

And Lebron just made a sick steal and save.

I must say I am somewhat impressed with these teams, for now. Its going to be about avoiding or making up for injuries this year. Also, The Heat are going to have to adjust to opponent's with more size. Sure, they can compensate with scoring ability and athleticism, but that's a tall order for 82 games. I'm excited to see what they are made of, and won't be surprised no matter how they end up. I think they are really going to depend on guys like Juwan Howard, and of course their guards. Eddie house looked good tonight, same with Arroyo.

Its about their shooting ability...or consistency for that matter

godolphins
10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
James has been great tonight, I don't know how anybody is going to stop them when Wade comes back.

Hoopsadvocate
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
It definitly isnt being played like a preseason game. This looks like a regular season game tie breaker match.

Im impressed with the huge improvment in atlantas team d. Seems like al horford has stepped up and the team just seems more focused.

Bosh is having the worst shooting night ive seen him have on the HEAT. james jones and house are making me feel a little better about filling the mike miller void. And i cant wait for wade to add a 20 5 and 5 mark to games like this.

ecorrea
10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
james has looked amazing, bosh has looked very average, and joe johnson lookin like the new offense works for him.

and hawks arnt double teaming bron so i dont know how wade comin back has anything to do with it. i dont think any team is going to double either wade or bron when they are out there together. u cant, just simply cant. thats going to always make or break the opposing teams chance of beating the heat, how good can u defend 1 on 1 wade and bron...

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 10:42 PM
The Heat look good, but I think they got work to do. Its going to take more then just 1 player to have a good game to get them in the Win column. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Lebron was the only good performance for them tonight. But they are going to depend on the 3 ball and mid range jumpers ALOT, and they need to knock em down

Hoopsadvocate
10-21-2010, 10:43 PM
james has looked amazing, bosh has looked very average, and joe johnson lookin like the new offense works for him.

and hawks arnt double teaming bron so i dont know how wade comin back has anything to do with it. i dont think any team is going to double either wade or bron when they are out there together. u cant, just simply cant. thats going to always make or break the opposing teams chance of beating the heat, how good can u defend 1 on 1 wade and bron...

Are u serious? he was doubled a lot. Everytime he posted up he got doubled when he got a little in the paint he had 2-3 guys sag on him anytime he went towards the wings alone he was also double teamed and trapped.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I find it funny that last year a Lebron lead team was enough to beat. Now even with a Lebron/Bosh team, it's because Wade wasn't there, being the reason the Hawks won.:rolleyes:

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I find it funny that last year a Lebron lead team was enough to beat. Now even with a Lebron/Bosh team, it's because Wade wasn't there, being the reason the Hawks won.:rolleyes:

I disagree.

- Bosh had an off night, for sure.
- the Heat only shot 37% from the field
- Atlanta had more assists then Miami
- Atlanta really stepped it up.

Jonathan2323
10-21-2010, 10:53 PM

I know they were playing hard, but its just preseason. The Heat are learning to play together, while the Hawks have had the same team for several years now.

Hoopsadvocate
10-21-2010, 10:54 PM

James has been great tonight, I don't know how anybody is going to stop them when Wade comes back.

And

It definitly isnt being played like a preseason game. This looks like a regular season game tie breaker match.

Im impressed with the huge improvment in atlantas team d. Seems like al horford has stepped up and the team just seems more focused.

Bosh is having the worst shooting night ive seen him have on the HEAT. james jones and house are making me feel a little better about filling the mike miller void. And i cant wait for wade to add a 20 5 and 5 mark to games like this.

Highlight where either of us say "we would have won if wade played" or "we only lost because d wade wasnt there"

We simply said we look forward to his return and to see his impact on a game.

Dont make stuff up thats how so much drama gets started on PSD and HEAT fans get blamed for it...

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I disagree.

- Bosh had an off night, for sure.
- the Heat only shot 37% from the field
- Atlanta had more assists then Miami
- Atlanta really stepped it up.

I just hate every year the Hawks gets disrespected, and then the improve every year.

I was just saying it sounds funny that the so-called "Best player in the NBA" and "top 3 PF" team still needs an excuse like "Wade wasn't there". Last year a Lebron Cavs team was enough in people's eyes, now you need all 3 to beat the Hawks? That is what I find funny from haters.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Highlight where either of us say "we would have won if wade played" or "we only lost because d wade wasnt there"

We simply said we look forward to his return and to see his impact on a game.

Dont make stuff up thats how so much drama gets started on PSD and HEAT fans get blamed for it...

My point. Now you not only need a Lebron only team to beat the Hawks. Not even a Lebron/all-mighty Bosh team. You need Wade, Lebron and Bosh? If so, it's about time PSD respects the Hawks instead of always bashing them around here and putting teams like the Bulls ahead of them.

Last year, 90% of you would of taken a Lebron/Cavs team over the Hawks all day. Now it's Lebron and Bosh can't get the job done without Wade. I don't understand that. It's nothing against the Heat, it's the disrespect against the Hawks.

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I just hate every year the Hawks gets disrespected, and then the improve every year.

I was just saying it sounds funny that the so-called "Best player in the NBA" and "top 3 PF" team still needs an excuse like "Wade wasn't there". Last year a Lebron Cavs team was enough in people's eyes, now you need all 3 to beat the Hawks? That is what I find funny from haters.

Your bolded statement is NOT what the Heat fans have been preaching...

I'm confused.

I think you are the hater in this case, honestly.

The Hawks get disrespected? That stinks. But they can't continue to be no shows for the Playoffs.

Jonathan2323
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
My point. Now you not only need a Lebron only team to beat the Hawks. Not even a Lebron/all-mighty Bosh team. You need Wade, Lebron and Bosh? If so, it's about time PSD respects the Hawks instead of always bashing them around here and putting teams like the Bulls ahead of them.

I respect the Hawks but they were taking to 7 games against a Bucks team without Bogut.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Your bolded statement is NOT what the Heat fans have been preaching...

I'm confused.

I think you are the hater in this case, honestly.

The Hawks get disrespected? That stinks. But they can't continue to be no shows for the Playoffs.

Sorry, I tried to clear that up in my last post. I didn't want it to sound like it's against the Heat fans only. It's PSD and everybody else. Hawks is still going to be pushed aside under The Bulls (for some reason), and about 3-4 other East teams. This happens EVERY YEAR, while they improve EVERY YEAR.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I respect the Hawks but they were taking to 7 games against a Bucks team without Bogut.

Yeah, and we got swept by the Magic. The problem is match-ups. We can play with Boston. We can play with the Lakers (I believe we blew them out in the only game we played them last year). We can't play with all-star center teams (which come to my mind, only Magic).

We don't have ANYONE that can play Howard. Also, Bibby is too slow to keep up with young PGs like Jennings (which we hope Teague can fix this year).

But a Joe/Smith/Horford is a good match-up against Wade/Lebron/Bosh. Just position wise, with Crawford in there as well.

xxcubs22xx
10-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, and we got swept by the Magic. The problem is match-ups.

We don't have ANYONE that can play Howard.

But a Joe/Smith/Horford is a good match-up against Wade/Lebron/Bosh. Just position wise, with Crawford in there as well.

You mean crawford and crawford! :eyebrow:

Yeah they look pretty good, I like Powell too. And you can always depend on Bibby.

Valkyrie
10-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, and we got swept by the Magic. The problem is match-ups.

We don't have ANYONE that can play Howard. Also, Bibby is too slow to keep up with young PGs like Jennings (which we hope Teague can fix this year).

Um sorry to float your boat there buddy, but here's a reality check for you, i'll try to be as clear as possible.The Atlanta Hawks will never win a NBA Championship with Joe Johnson their best player with this group of players.

Take it to the bank

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
You mean crawford and crawford! :eyebrow:

Yeah they look pretty good, I like Powell too. And you can always depend on Bibby.

Yeah, I hope Jordan gets some playing time this year. He can pretty much score anywhere, but the problem is, we have 2 vets that do the same thing (Joe and Jamal).

If he can play some PG with Teague and Bibby, that could help out the team and him with playing time.

Hoopsadvocate
10-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Last year, 90% of you would of taken a Lebron/Cavs team over the Hawks all day. Now it's Lebron and Bosh can't get the job done without Wade. I don't understand that. It's nothing against the Heat, it's the disrespect against the Hawks.

Again nobody said that where did anyone say that???? PLEASE SHOW ME!!! IN this thread where we said the hawks have no chance because all we need is lebron and now bosh makes it impossible for them to win this game but if we do lose we need wade also.

Your making it up we did nothing but show respect for the hawks i admitted i was impressed with their d and as a side note 2 of us said we look forward to adding wade to the team that played today.

We in no way disrespected ur team or implied disrespect. We never gave excuses or nothing.

But if u wanna take it to that level fine. Ill give u excuses and something to ***** about for real.

Bosh shot 5 for 16 u think thats happening everyday?? WRONG

James jones and eddie house not compareable to Parker and west last year if were comparing help.

Joel anthony and howard wouldnt be anywhere near shaq and varajo

and arroyo/chalmers arent on mo williams level of help either.

James was essentially the only one to have a great game on the heat today.

SO essentially one player playing great in a game isnt enough to beat a whole team who played well.

There u go excuses and look no mention of d wade. Because that would just be overkill.

dnewguy
10-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I was at the game, to be honest Lebron wont be jacking up jumpers like that come reg season...the Hawk fans came out in full force, the way they was booing bron, you would have thought it's a game 7 in the finals.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Bosh shot 5 for 16 u think thats happening everyday?? WRONG

Well he can't handle Al Horford and Josh Smith that's why. He never has. He could prob punk other teams, just like Howard punks the Hawks.

But it's all cool. I wasn't trying to bash the Heat as much as I was pointing out past issues on this forum against the Hawks. I love the whole never been seen before new Heat and Bulls teams that jumped the Celtics and Hawks by most of the posters on here without never seeing them play, when all the C's have done is won a title and get to the finals, while the Hawks have improved every year since JJ has been here.

*Silver&Black*
10-21-2010, 11:24 PM
I was at the game, to be honest Lebron wont be jacking up jumpers like that come reg season...the Hawk fans came out in full force, the way they was booing bron, you would have thought it's a game 7 in the finals.

Alot of Lebron's points seemed to come off screens, picks and wide open jump shots/drives to the lane. I think when the Heat are fully healthy, we need a Jamal/Wade, Joe/Lebron match-up. That's the only way the Hawks could defend those guys.

blastmasta26
10-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Lebron and Joe Johnson are stroking it.

:puke:

Valkyrie
10-21-2010, 11:35 PM
:puke:

lol...

nigerianking
10-21-2010, 11:54 PM
its preseason

JRisdabest
10-21-2010, 11:55 PM
bron bron looked amazing

godolphins
10-21-2010, 11:59 PM
With Wade back the Heat will be a force

beasted86
10-22-2010, 12:31 AM

You really trying to step up for the Hawks or are you just continuing your LeBron hate crusade you've been on the past couple months posting on PSD? I don't really care what your agenda or crusade is... the only problem I have is when posters try and masquerade it as something else.

Anyway the Hawks won the game fair and square. They seemed be have a really good game and the Heat had a mediocre game. Their defense wasn't up to par, Bosh missed makeable looks, and Chalmers was a turnstyle defensively and bricked all types of open looks. All things considered LeBron almost carried Miami to the win anyway. Hopefully the Heat will get the win when it really counts.

shep33
10-22-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm still really interested in seeing how this is gonna play out with Wade and Lebron together. Miami isn't going to play this way when Wade gets back, at least Lebron isn't going to have the ball in his hands all the time, so it's unlikely that he scores 38 as often with Wade back.

I'm not a fan of the Heat (always disliked them since the 90s, always went for the Knicks), but still I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to mesh. Its going to be something special in most likelihood, but there are some doubts, and valid points IMO about how many shots each guy takes, who has the ball in their hands most of the game, will Bosh be ready to play in a big game, a physical game?

shep33
10-22-2010, 12:49 AM
This has turned out to be a great game. Lebron and Joe Johnson are stroking it.

I'm never watching the NBA again... first the tech rule, now this... players are far too friendly these days.

Haha jk man, they played great though

D1JM
10-22-2010, 12:58 AM
it just seems bosh is just there. He runs to defense then offense but its like if he thinks its the allstar game. I know its preseason but come on

*Silver&Black*
10-22-2010, 01:01 AM
You really trying to step up for the Hawks or are you just continuing your LeBron hate crusade you've been on the past couple months posting on PSD? I don't really care what your agenda or crusade is... the only problem I have is when posters try and masquerade it as something else.

I could give a crap less about Lebron and the Heat. They got enough bandwagon "media tells me who to like" "fans". Steping up for the Hawks I believe is what I said a few times in this thread alone. The fact that one year a Lebron only team would be favs to crush the Hawks in PSD poster's opinions. Now it's like Lebron/Bosh isn't a great win for the Hawks anymore. That is what I was getting at for the LAST TIME. I know you all want some more Heat bashers, but I could care less about that team, or what ESPN wants to shove in people's faces.

shep33
10-22-2010, 01:03 AM
it just seems bosh is just there. He runs to defense then offense but its like if he thinks its the allstar game. I know its preseason but come on

Yeah, the one thing I worry about for Miami's success is Bosh more than anything. Regular season, I think he'll be fine, will be an allstar. Come playoffs though, it's going to be him vs. KG, Shaq, Perkins, JO, Noah, Howard, possibly Gasol, Bynum, Odom... Its going to be interesting to see how he develops as the 3rd guy. I think he needs a nasty big with him to take some pressure off. Cause if Anthony or Z don't get it done, it's basically Bosh's duty to control the paint, and he's not very strong on the defensive end at all.

daleja424
10-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Well he can't handle Al Horford and Josh Smith that's why. He never has. He could prob punk other teams, just like Howard punks the Hawks.

But it's all cool. I wasn't trying to bash the Heat as much as I was pointing out past issues on this forum against the Hawks. I love the whole never been seen before new Heat and Bulls teams that jumped the Celtics and Hawks by most of the posters on here without never seeing them play, when all the C's have done is won a title and get to the finals, while the Hawks have improved every year since JJ has been here.

Thats just a flat out lie. Bosh averaged 24.3 and 12.7 last year AND 24.8 and 10.5 the year before. What about that tells you that Chris Bosh had anywhere near an average night against the Hawks last night. And last year Smith averaged 14 and 8 against the Raptors (on 39% shooting). So he was below his season stats...Bosh was above him... but yet you contend that Bosh can't handle playing against the Hawks... come on man...

edit: Clarification... those stats are all in games of Toronto vs Atlanta

thescore53
10-22-2010, 10:39 AM

just curious how far do u think the hawks can go ????

thescore53
10-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Thats just a flat out lie. Bosh averaged 24.3 and 11 last year AND 23.8 and 10.5 the year before. What about that tells you that Chris Bosh had anywhere near an average night against the Hawks last night. And last year Smith averaged 14 and 8 against the Raptors (on 39% shooting). So he was below his season stats...Bosh was above him... but yet you contend that Bosh can't handle playing against the Hawks... come on man...

fixed. and yea im pretty sure no one on the hawks can handle bosh.

daleja424
10-22-2010, 10:44 AM
those stats were in games AGAINST Atlanta score...

trying to prove my point that he doesnt struggle against the hawks

xbrackattackx
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
i'm never watching the nba again... First the tech rule, now this... players are far too friendly these days.

lol!

beasted86
10-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I could give a crap less about Lebron and the Heat. They got enough bandwagon "media tells me who to like" "fans". Steping up for the Hawks I believe is what I said a few times in this thread alone. The fact that one year a Lebron only team would be favs to crush the Hawks in PSD poster's opinions. Now it's like Lebron/Bosh isn't a great win for the Hawks anymore. That is what I was getting at for the LAST TIME. I know you all want some more Heat bashers, but I could care less about that team, or what ESPN wants to shove in people's faces.

Then why bring LeBron into it at all?.. just say you think the Hawks played great and you think they could have won even if Miami was healthy.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about with masquerading because you are one of those "Heat bashers" you talk about. I said "continue" your crusade because I've seen you comment negatively about LeBron before.

Anyway, last question, do you think that the Heat team minus Wade & Miller is better than the fully healthy Cavs team of last year? That's all it really comes to when debating whether injuries were a valid factor. Also to add, it's not like the Cavs exactly swept the season series either.

*Silver&Black*
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Anyway, last question, do you think that the Heat team minus Wade & Miller is better than the fully healthy Cavs team of last year? That's all it really comes to when debating whether injuries were a valid factor. Also to add, it's not like the Cavs exactly swept the season series either.

1. Lebron+Bosh should be better than anything Lebron had in a Cavs uni. Correct?

2. What happened to your teams' "Best bench in the league" crap to say they are not better than the Cavs without Wade and Miller, even if you have the "top player in the league" and a "top 3 PF" in the league? You can call people Heat bashers, but you all creamed all over this site with "Best" posts all over the summer, and not expect to see stuff fire back.

3. Once again, I bring up Lebron as a example, since you know, we played him last night. I was talking about his time with the Cavs, yet since he is on your team now, it's Heat bashing. Is it that you look for Heat bashing or what? I was talking about the Hawks and how people view them (a Lebron Cavs team can stomp them, but yet, a Lebron/Bosh team needs a Wade). I didn't understand that. I didn't say "Hope the Heat never wins a title! HA HA!". Did I?

*Silver&Black*
10-22-2010, 02:05 PM
just curious how far do u think the hawks can go ????

Well looking back and seeing that last year some people even had them out of the playoffs (is it because ESPN doesn't D-ride them, and people needs other people to make up their minds?), I see them much better than 80% of you all.

I know for a fact anyone that says the Bulls are better are just haters and just rides with the more "sexy" Bulls pick (sexy as I mean more popular), even though they have had nothing to show they are clearly better.

You all hate the fact that the Hawks "overpaid JJ", yet he is still a top 3 SG, and keeps showing it. I bet if the Bulls or Knicks signed him to a contract like this, there would be love in the air (example, Amare). I don't see where this "He doesn't show up in playoffs". The whole team didn't show up against the Magic, but I believe he averaged around 18/5/5. He has put up 30 point games against the likes of the Celtics and LEAD the team to a win in the playoffs.

The lack of a true center and big men in general is what we lack in the playoffs. I like the fact that everyone agrees that you need big men to win a title, but it's JJ's fault when talking about the Hawks. What has Kobe done without Shaq or Gasol in the playoffs. Melo?

daveb16
10-22-2010, 03:07 PM
1. Lebron+Bosh should be better than anything Lebron had in a Cavs uni. Correct?

2. What happened to your teams' "Best bench in the league" crap to say they are not better than the Cavs without Wade and Miller, even if you have the "top player in the league" and a "top 3 PF" in the league? You can call people Heat bashers, but you all creamed all over this site with "Best" posts all over the summer, and not expect to see stuff fire back.

3. Once again, I bring up Lebron as a example, since you know, we played him last night. I was talking about his time with the Cavs, yet since he is on your team now, it's Heat bashing. Is it that you look for Heat bashing or what? I was talking about the Hawks and how people view them (a Lebron Cavs team can stomp them, but yet, a Lebron/Bosh team needs a Wade). I didn't understand that. I didn't say "Hope the Heat never wins a title! HA HA!". Did I?

Bro this is pre-season. This game is played much differently if it is a regular season game. So before you start arguing about how the Hawks are better than the Heat, remember....it's just preseason. Although it did feel kind of like a regular season game, it wasn't.

beasted86
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM

1. I didn't know you were allowed to play 2 vs. 15 in the NBA.

2. Are you talking to me or to someone who specifically replied in this thread? or are you just generally talking out of thin air? Anyway if you actually want my opinion on it, with everyone healthy the Heat are a top 3 team in the NBA IMO... with the rest of the team healthy and 2 of our big 3, we are still a top 5 team... with 1 of our big 3, and our 6th man injured, we are still a very good team but not top 5, definitely not a team that's expected to "stomp" on any 50+ win teams. And I think my opinion was partly proven last night... even with some critical injuries we still gave the Hawks a good fight that had to have the game decided in the final 3 possessions.... but if you just want to talk out of thin air on hearsay opinions, you are probably best suited not quoting anyone while doing it.

3. You might have missed this, but LeBron is actually on the Heat now.... I know, right? can't really believe it either.

thescore53
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Well looking back and seeing that last year some people even had them out of the playoffs (is it because ESPN doesn't D-ride them, and people needs other people to make up their minds?), I see them much better than 80% of you all.

I know for a fact anyone that says the Bulls are better are just haters and just rides with the more "sexy" Bulls pick (sexy as I mean more popular), even though they have had nothing to show they are clearly better.

You all hate the fact that the Hawks "overpaid JJ", yet he is still a top 3 SG, and keeps showing it. I bet if the Bulls or Knicks signed him to a contract like this, there would be love in the air (example, Amare). I don't see where this "He doesn't show up in playoffs". The whole team didn't show up against the Magic, but I believe he averaged around 18/5/5. He has put up 30 point games against the likes of the Celtics and LEAD the team to a win in the playoffs.

The lack of a true center and big men in general is what we lack in the playoffs. I like the fact that everyone agrees that you need big men to win a title, but it's JJ's fault when talking about the Hawks. What has Kobe done without Shaq or Gasol in the playoffs. Melo?

im pretty sure everyone is saying knicks overpaid amare. atleast i have hawls ranked above bulls